• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
If it's any comfort, Sakurai's words to Namco were essentially "Classic :4pacman: or bust! No Ghostly Adventures Pacman!*"

I'm also confident all three Microsoft characters will get in eventually, so Sakurai's probably sticking to the classic designs in all three cases.

(*While I agree that design's really bad, I'm not using the opportunity to bash the cartoon. Haven't seen it nor the 80's cartoon. But from what seen, both intro theme songs are terrible.)
This is a bit off-topic I suppose, but I never understood why Pac-Man's Super Pac-Man transform from the Pac-Man Adventures game was never a final smash. It would've been perfect, and they could've made it different from Super Sonic's by making the movements quick and automatic. Sure, his final smash now is just as appropriate and fitting, but there's something to be said for the more obscure aspects of certain characters.

Now if they'd just put our damn doll friend on the roster... *eyeballs Sakurai and Square*

D

Deleted member

What do y'all think is the hardest item to obtain in SMRPG?

For me, it's the Star Egg.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
After Microsoft bought Minecraft, to me it looked like they were downgrading it and kept adding unnecessary stuff in new updates, and I think they're still adding unnecessary stuff to this day.
The stuff being added to Minecraft is actually pretty good imo, and it's all Mojang's doing, though some devs for the Bedrock Edition add some things that take forever before they're added to the Java Edition, and of course the Bedrock Edition's microtransactions were likely Microsoft's doing...

I wish Mojang would add an option for Beta terrain and even older terrain...

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What do y'all think is the hardest item to obtain in SMRPG?

For me, it's the Star Egg.
It's possible I never got the star egg :O I dont remember doing what's needed anyway.

Pretty sure i got everything else. It's a good thing there's no reward for getting all the hidden chests cuz tons of people would miss that, given you can easily miss one.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I tried making a Star Hill stage. The ID is QL4WR06P if you want to check it out.

Sorry I'm going to try not to spam SMRPG levels but I also just made a stage based on the fight with Bowyer. Here is the ID: 597TNG1W.
Nice job on these! I saved the Star Hill one since it looks fun and balanced for 1v1's or FFAs with friends. I saw you also made a Bowser's Keep stage earlier. Solid job on that as well! You're doing god's work, putting your love for SMRPG into these stages.
If we do get a Microsoft rep and Banjo & Kazooie are chosen, I pray that Sakurai goes with their original/Nintendo 64 design.
I don't think Blocky Banjo getting in Smash is anything to worry about. Those designs haven't been used since 2010 when they appeared in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, and judging by things like the Banjo & Kazooie figure made last year, it seems they've long been retired as the official designs for the bear and bird. If we get Banjo in Smash, it's basically guaranteed we get Classic Banjo and not Horrible Cursed Xbox Banjo.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, if there happens to be any 'jane' fans looming in the geno thread, Earltamm made a support page for her. In case some people might still want to talk about her i guess :)

Jane thread

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, if there happens to be any 'jane' fans looming in the geno thread, Earltamm made a support page for her. In case some people might still want to talk about her i guess :)

Jane thread
Thanks, I didn't really think of posting that info here because... Well, it's the Geno thread. But now that you mention it, there is a surprising amount of Jane talk here from time to time.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So, a small write-up on how I perceive Geno's chances. It isn't a huge one, but it's a compilation of everything that has gone on at this point and my final thoughts on the matter at this point in time. Let's see here:

WHAT HELPS GENO'S CHANCES
★ The biggest thing he has going for him is that Sakurai has mentioned him in an interview prior to Ultimate, which I'm sure you are all aware of by now. Firstly, he acknowledges that Geno was 'very popular' in the ballot. Secondly, he stated that he has wanted Geno since Brawl, something that couldn't happen for reasons he has not disclosed. However, he gave us the Mii outfit in Sm4sh (the only one that received a splash screen and a HUGE amount of fanfare, mind) because he wanted the fans to at least feel like he got something. This last bit also hurts Geno's chances, but I won't get ahead of myself here.
★ Super Mario RPG got a Super Mario Kun segment in 2013, showing that he is, at the very least, remembered by both Square and Nintendo. While it was rather belated, likely due to Square's and Nintendo's poor relationship prior, it finally happened.
★ The SNES Classic was released in September and October of 2017 in all regions. Of the 20-summat games included, Super Mario RPG just so happened to be one of them. In May 2018, quite a few months after to promote the SNES Classic and pretty shortly before they stopped its production, Nintendo of America acknowledged SMRPG's anniversary on Twitter with the #TeamMallow and #TeamGeno tweet.
★ Prior to The Game Awards of 2018, an HQ Trivia quiz sponsored by Nintendo appeared for their smartphone mobile app. Super Mario RPG was not only name-dropped, but Geno himself also was, being the focus of a trivia question among ten. Considering this is starting while TGA is getting attention and at the beginning of Ultimate's DLC reveal cycle (given TGA revealed Joker officially), it's a point of interest.
★ Super Mario RPG has been getting multiple references in Smash Ultimate. Piranha Plant's classic mode image references the Super Mario RPG commercial in Japan, whereas Megasmilax, Smilax, and Chewies are mentioned in its guidance. Along with that, Piranha Plant's potted alt references those very few times it ever appeared in a pot, one of which being said commercial. Finally, the cherry on top is the fact that, of all of Square's properties in Smash, the only extra content outside of Cloud's bare necessities are Geno's and Mallow's spirits, Mallow's being an ace and Geno's being a legend. Geno's spirit icon, too, is able to be used as a profile picture in Ultimate.
★ Since the ballot, Square has actually shown that they themselves have not forgotten about SMRPG and Geno either. In their 2017 orchestral album Memoria, showcasing the best of Yoko Shimomura, Beware the Forest's Mushrooms and Goodbye, Geno — the two songs most frequently associated with Geno — were featured. This is also the first time since the original SMRPG OST that SMRPG's music has gotten official album acknowledgement from Square Enix.
★ The fact that most of SMRPG's references have been from after the ballot since SMRPG's release is a very neat point of interest, as a matter of fact.
★ One of the directors of AlphaDream, Chihiro Fujioka, initially stated in 2013 that they weren't sure if they wanted to use Geno and Mallow again because SMRPG 'wrapped up their stories nicely'. However, shortly after, the same director backtracked with another interview, in which he stated that they decided that they'd like to use them in future games, if at all possible, and states that he wonders how they could use them. The fact that he was initially unsure and so quickly changed his mind is very interesting, indeed. Maybe the dude received a lot of backlash, or the rest of the team didn't approve + wanted to see them come back? No one knows.
★ Nintendo of America's treehouse staff has stated that they are 'aware' of the fan base asking for both Waluigi and, of course, Geno, saying that they are listening.
★ Geno's spirit tends to be front-and-center for promotional spirit graphics. He's been featured both on the main menus and Nintendo Direct as Shulk's spirit equip, as well as an appearance in spirit-related news on the Switch as an equipped spirit on four characters versus two Bowsers. It's minor, but it's a point of fascination.
★ PolarPanda's source's superior has gone on record to state that Geno might be DLC. The source has also said that brand-new Mii costumes made for Ultimate in particular (nothing on ported ones, though) are meant as consolation prizes and tend to be in NoA's awareness pretty quickly. This is shortly before NoA listed Mii costumes as being for sale at 75c a pop on their support pages. Either ported Mii costumes are not consolation prizes (and therefore, confirmation that the character will not be considered for Ultimate at the time being) or they are not yet aware of Geno's Mii costume making a return. Either way, for a supervisor to believe that Geno may be DLC, something must be going on that we don't know of. Such a bold rumor doesn't just sprout out of nowhere.
★ Despite Geno's and Mallow's spirits being present and Yoko Shimomura being on the team (whose indie remix albums, unassociated with Square, have had SMRPG remixes all through them, no problem), SMRPG music of ANY kind is not at all present in the game. Along with that, there are no lesser SMRPG spirits alongside Geno and Mallow, despite them likely being easier to license out. The proof of that is in an old 2008 Scholastic's book, featuring Mario in an adventure through old SMRPG locations with a few SMRPG characters even making appearances (the most notable being Frogfucius). If an obscure book can feature those lesser characters and locations, why not Ultimate? Considering music and spirits are important points of challenger packs, this is a point of interest.
★ He's from the Mario series, so despite his age, being from Nintendo's flagship franchise is a huge boost for him.
★ Obviously, he's quite fan-demanded and is definitely a Mario RPG fan favorite.
★ Finally, we have a Nintendo senior artist stating in 2015 that Geno was hot talk in the office. It could easily be because of the Mii costume, though... but it is still interesting.

WHAT HURTS GENO'S CHANCES
✘ Nintendo of America hyped up the Mii costume on their Twitter with great fanfare, saying, "LOOK WHO'S BACK!" verbatim in regards to Geno's outfit. They may well consider the Mii outfit a sufficient 'return' for Geno, which isn't a good look for his chances as a full-fledged fighter.
✘ The obvious elephant in the room here is Square's stinginess. With how little they allowed for Cloud in the base game, the presence of SMRPG material being the only stuff in Ultimate that seems 'extra' could also be a bad sign for Geno. It could be all that they could finagle out of them as a consolation prize. Square could have also easily said 'no' to Shimomura's music in the game, despite evidence pointing at her using those tunes being rather easy. They may also not view Geno as profitable enough to be a playable character, therefore allowing them all rights to deny his inclusion.
✘ If the Mii costume comes back, it may or may not confirm that he has no chance as a playable fighter. However, it could also only confirm he isn't in the Fighter's Pass, which doesn't necessarily bar him from future DLC plans, if any of them happen.
✘ Nintendo could easily choose another, more well-known Square rep, the most likely of those being Erdrick and, to a lesser extent, Sora. That highly lessens Geno's chances for the Fighter's Pass, and we do not know if we will get more fighter DLC beyond the Fighter's Pass at this time.
✘ The biggest obstacle Geno faces is that he is a 20-year-old, one-off side character. While he may be from the big ol' Mario series, this fact undeniably hurts his chances the most. It makes those huge lists of pros he has look like scrap meat under the pressure of this point.

WHAT'S DEBATABLE?
We do not know if the Yoshi's Crafted World Yo'ster Cookies reference is even meant to be a SMRPG nod, and even so, it likely doesn't need Square's OK to be included. We don't know if Geno's Mii costume being ported over would either lessen his chances or completely erase them. We don't know if Smash DLC will go beyond the Fighter's Pass. We don't know if we will get more than one Square rep in the whole DLC cycle (even beyond Fighter's Pass, hypothetically). There is a lot that we just do not know.

HOW IS THE STATE OF THE GENO RIGHT NOW?
His chances are so up in the air that I don't even know what the heck. I'd say, given the Fighter's Pass looks like it'll be a place for big, blow-out characters, his chances are slim for now. If we get more passes with different focuses (like a bigger fan focus) or misc., separate fighter DLC, however, his chances increase significantly again. Given Piranha Plant has its own section with an entire 'individual DLC' segment on NoA's site, misc. fighter DLC is not off the table. Given the site's coding allows for easy implementation of more DLC slots and WoL + character models have extra slots future-proofed in there, it's further proof that it is not out of the realm of question. Sakurai has gone on record to state that the DLC team gets smaller with each character, however. That said, that can still have a lot of nuance behind it. His chances are a solid 10% for the Fighter's Pass in my eyes, abysmally low. If and ONLY if we get further DLC, however, I'd put his chances more at a 40%, which isn't too shabby.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Im struggling to follow the story. What makes the Sherlock Holmes theory apart of our speculation and what does it mean for Brave? How does Brave tie into names like Doyle?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Im struggling to follow the story. What makes the Sherlock Holmes theory apart of our speculation and what does it mean for Brave? How does Brave tie into names like Doyle?
Well, from what I can gather, the names have a connected yet not completely obvious relation to the character. It's rather complex, so I am just going to link what Teeb said earlier.
Hey all,
so I was looking up some things around the codenames we've come to know in the datamine, and found some interesting stuff.
Bear in mind that a lot of what I'm going to present are based on connections, so take it very lightly, but it's still pretty fascinating even if there isn't anything there.

We found out that Joker's persona, Arsene, was codenamed Doyle, most likely after the author of Sherlock Holmes, Arthur Conan Doyle.
The author of Arsene Lupin (Maurice Leblanc) has written about sherlock holmes in his own stories, and later had to change the name because doyle pressed him legally in order to have it changed. He changed the name to Herlock Sholmes after that. There was a collection of the stories called Arsène Lupin versus Herlock Sholmes. Both characters are very famous and have been connected in quite a few ways, so that can explain why they chose Doyle for joker's persona, who was inspired by Arsene Lupin.

What's another story that has a thief and a detective? Persona 5. I had been wondering if there was more inspiration from that era onto the other characters in the game, and that's where i found some cool stuff. Now, some of it involves a dark case, and I 'll have to talk about some perona spoilers after it, so read only the rest if you're ok with that and played or watched most of persona 5 (i'll put it in spoilers tho). One big story that was often interlinked with sherlock holmes is Jack the ripper. The first Sherlock Holmes book was written not long before the first case. and while Doyle didn't write about jack, there were theories surrounding him and a friend of his that may have investigated the case. Sherlock also had tons of stories and movies involving it.

Out of the books, there's one author who was also a journalist, Stephen Knight, who wrote about a 'royal' conspiracy behind the attacks, and there were other things and even movies based from those kinds of stories, including "A Study in Terror" and "Murder by Decree" which both had Sherlock Holmes in it and followed the royal conspiracy theory. A later story by someone else was even called Sherlock Holmes and the Royal Flush. I'm not making this up, you can look it up. :p

And do you know who the last victim was that made the character even more infamous due to 'getting away with it' and never having been caught? Mary Jane Kelly. Of course, she was featured in some of those stories and movies. Now, besides Joker having a knife, there's no direct connection with jack the ripper, but his codename was still jack, and then we find about a Jane, and now a Doyle connected with Arsene. And the thing is, Doyle is supposed to be with the detective side, not with jack, so just like the name change for sherlock in the Arsene works, something's been reversed here too. (Or we could also put the funny idea that instead of it being Leblanc that stole the fictional name, it's Arsene who stole the author's name.)

Now I need to get into persona 5 spoilers to add a bit more
If youve watched or played the game, you know that there's another 'reversal' that happens, where someone who's supposed to be a good person is actually not, and the thieves are actually 'good'. Some of the themes are flipped, which is something cool that can happen in works that use stories that already exist for inspiration. Jack is still pursued by the detective, but it's different, and we dont know much about jane, but she could be another flip of the role being victim to jack somehow, or even one of the detective.

So, you can take it as you will, I'm just sharing it because I think it's interesting and maybe possible those were actually themes that were either inspired in the background for some characters, or flat-out involved in the new p5r game, for one because of the codenames but also because it's called The Royal.
I'm really just putting the ideas there, there might be more to it, or it might just be very loose connections, or not much at all. In any case I hope it's at least enjoyable to think about.

I decided to post this in the geno thread because I know there's a lot of cool people here ;)
(that and I'm still the last poster in the joker thread ;p)
Also this.
That is SO cool. I assume codenamed after Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Another classic literature reference as well as a Japanese culture reference because of Detective Conan having a rival, the phantom thief Kaito Kid.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Also, just to backtrack a bit in case, Brave is one of 3 codenames we have from the datamine of smash's data. The other two are Jack for joker and Doyle for arsene. (which is the latest)
Might be useful info about dlc since it could tell us how nintendo think about it. Altho, I think atlus probably had some kind of hand with persona's, so it might not tell us much about brave. There's going to be more persona info in a couple days so it'll maybe help us a bit more with some info.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight

If Banjo is a high B tier or low A tier, then Diddy would certainly be higher than Banjo since Diddy Kong Racing is Banjo's highest selling game. Diddy stars not only in one of the best Kart racers ever (Banjo's debut) but also one of the best platformers ever, all of which outsold the entirety of Banjo's own games.
I listed Diddy as B-tier. A High-B or low-A is equal to or greater than him.

I did not rate Diddy as A-list because his popularity rides on the popularity of the Donkey Kong franchise. Diddy Kong Racing wasn't even a genre defining game for kart racing games like Banjo-Kazooie was for 3D platformer collect-a-thons.

When you think of kart racers? You typically think of Mario Kart. Most have to be reminded that Diddy Kong Racing existed (Lord knows I loved that game, too). When you think of 3D platform collect-a-thons, you think of Mario & Banjo-Kazooie. It's not just the sales numbers, which I used as an example of people exposed to the information. It's the legacy left behind.

For instance, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow outperformed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night sales-wise. Guess which one is the more highly regarded, more beloved, and generally more well-known? Symphony of the Night is the one that left a legacy; re-defining the genre of an entire series.

Another example is the Metroid series: Metroid Prime is the best seller of the series, yet it is Super Metroid that gets more attention. It left a greater legacy. Of course, nowadays the lasting impact of that legacy is being called into question as Metroid Prime has definitely come into its own as a legacy title.

One last example is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vs The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess destroyed Ocarina in sales, yet it was OoT that's considered the game that left the legacy, defined the genre... that is, until Breath of the Wild stepped in and took those reigns. Slaughtering TP in sales and taking the crown from OoT as the defining game of the series.

Diddy Kong follows in the wake of Donkey Kong's legacy, and Donkey Kong is immensely popular (He's High A-list, after all). After the first game Banjo was in—Diddy Kong Racing, as previously mentioned—he entered his own game and created a legacy all his own that kept pace with even Mario. Banjo managed to do with Diddy what Mario did with Donkey Kong. Now, had Rareware never been taken over by Microsoft, I guarantee you the history of the series would've been vastly different. Banjo-Threeie probably would've been a good game... but Diddy Kong Racing DS probably still would've been vastly ignored as the inferior version of that game.

Now, I must make an addendum to my last post on the topic. I stated Captain Falcon was a B-lister. I was wrong. He is C-list; no ifs, ands, or buts about it. You see, I had still allowed Smash to paint my understanding of the character's popularity, even just a tiny bit. Captain Falcon's popularity is almost exclusively because of Smash... which makes him C-list. He didn't get in Smash because he was popular, he was popular because he got in Smash. (This applies to a decent number of characters, honestly.)

You see, our perception of a character's popularity is actually tainted because of Smash Bros, since Smash automatically makes any character that enters its gates an A-lister. It treats every newcomer like a king and creates legacies for characters who might not have had any on their own. Eventually, the character Joker would've been put away with the rest of the Persona series protagonists as the series goes on. But now that he joined Smash, he's become a LEGEND. The legend that you fear Immortal in the annals of gaming history. If Joker wasn't A-list before, he certainly is now. We have to be careful and not let the Smash auto-A-list corrupt our interpretation of a character's popularity and recognition.

People were happy that Diddy got into Smash, there was a great crowd that were pleased to see him join. However, the entire gaming hemisphere might explode if Banjo gets announced. His legacy means so much more.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Also, just to backtrack a bit in case, Brave is one of 3 codenames we have from the datamine of smash's data. The other two are Jack for joker and Doyle for arsene. (which is the latest)
Might be useful info about dlc since it could tell us how nintendo think about it. Altho, I think atlus probably had some kind of hand with persona's, so it might not tell us much about brave. There's going to be more persona info in a couple days so it'll maybe help us a bit more with some info.
But why would it have a connection to the Persona DLC

Why wouldnt it already be out with Joker and why would it have it's own unique set of stats?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Why wouldnt it already be out with Joker and why would it have it's own unique set of stats?
It's connection is due to us getting a glimpse of how the Smash team programs their DLC, so seeing the logic behind the code names can be rather helpful.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I listed Diddy as B-tier. A High-B or low-A is equal to or greater than him.

I did not rate Diddy as A-list because his popularity rides on the popularity of the Donkey Kong franchise. Diddy Kong Racing wasn't even a genre defining game for kart racing games like Banjo-Kazooie was for 3D platformer collect-a-thons.

When you think of kart racers? You typically think of Mario Kart. Most have to be reminded that Diddy Kong Racing existed (Lord knows I loved that game, too). When you think of 3D platform collect-a-thons, you think of Mario & Banjo-Kazooie. It's not just the sales numbers, which I used as an example of people exposed to the information. It's the legacy left behind.

For instance, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow outperformed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night sales-wise. Guess which one is the more highly regarded, more beloved, and generally more well-known? Symphony of the Night is the one that left a legacy; re-defining the genre of an entire series.

Another example is the Metroid series: Metroid Prime is the best seller of the series, yet it is Super Metroid that gets more attention. It left a greater legacy. Of course, nowadays the lasting impact of that legacy is being called into question as Metroid Prime has definitely come into its own as a legacy title.

One last example is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vs The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess destroyed Ocarina in sales, yet it was OoT that's considered the game that left the legacy, defined the genre... that is, until Breath of the Wild stepped in and took those reigns. Slaughtering TP in sales and taking the crown from OoT as the defining game of the series.

Diddy Kong follows in the wake of Donkey Kong's legacy, and Donkey Kong is immensely popular (He's High A-list, after all). After the first game Banjo was in—Diddy Kong Racing, as previously mentioned—he entered his own game and created a legacy all his own that kept pace with even Mario. Banjo managed to do with Diddy what Mario did with Donkey Kong. Now, had Rareware never been taken over by Microsoft, I guarantee you the history of the series would've been vastly different. Banjo-Threeie probably would've been a good game... but Diddy Kong Racing DS probably still would've been vastly ignored as the inferior version of that game.

Now, I must make an addendum to my last post on the topic. I stated Captain Falcon was a B-lister. I was wrong. He is C-list; no ifs, ands, or buts about it. You see, I had still allowed Smash to paint my understanding of the character's popularity, even just a tiny bit. Captain Falcon's popularity is almost exclusively because of Smash... which makes him C-list. He didn't get in Smash because he was popular, he was popular because he got in Smash. (This applies to a decent number of characters, honestly.)

You see, our perception of a character's popularity is actually tainted because of Smash Bros, since Smash automatically makes any character that enters its gates an A-lister. It treats every newcomer like a king and creates legacies for characters who might not have had any on their own. Eventually, the character Joker would've been put away with the rest of the Persona series protagonists as the series goes on. But now that he joined Smash, he's become a LEGEND. The legend that you fear Immortal in the annals of gaming history. If Joker wasn't A-list before, he certainly is now. We have to be careful and not let the Smash auto-A-list corrupt our interpretation of a character's popularity and recognition.

People were happy that Diddy got into Smash, there was a great crowd that were pleased to see him join. However, the entire gaming hemisphere might explode if Banjo gets announced. His legacy means so much more.
I agree with most of this, but keep in mind that at the time of his inclusion, Captain Falcon was a big deal. While his current popularity is mostly due to Smash (inevitable, since they ain't making his games anymore), he did get into Smash because he was popular.

Also I'd argue that Persona 5's reception and success would have guaranteed Joker a spot in history above his Persona peers. No way to know now though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Connection to dlc in general, because the codenames were for dlc. Whether or not there's more for persona is just an idea because we didn't see anything about jane, which was a name that showed up as part of joker's costume (well, at least one slot). We don't know why it's not out, but Atlus is releasing more info about p5r very soon and it could help. Maybe, maybe not.

Nintendo removed all codenames from the game in one of the last patches so we dont have anymore sets of stats, but then dataminers found stuff in random data. Nintendo then removed that in the last patch that just came out, so someone over there has been paying attention. ;p

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I love that decision of his for PAC-MAN. I don't care about Steve or a Minecraft character, but I do pray if Banjo and Master Chief get in, Sakurai sticks with their original designs. I can see Sakurai giving us Master Chief's Mark VI armor from Halo 2 and his Mark V armor from Halo: CE. Chief's Halo 4 design is just... ugh, I really hope he doesn't add that design in at all.
Chief is going back to a more classic looking design in Halo: Infinite. So we probably won’t ever see the Halo 4/5 Armor again.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Well regardless of what is going on, I hope it leads to good news for us. Mii Costume is nice but I really hope Nintendo understands how much we love this guy.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Except that Dragon Quest III's protagonist DOESN'T have a lot going for them besides what leakers have said. That is literally it, I cannot count how many times I have been over and seen other people go over what this character has going for them, and every time the biggest argument is 'Well, all these leaks/leakers said that...'

Who gives a ****? They are just random people. We REALLY need to start treating every leaker, even the ones who had credibility, like the random 4chan leaks we ****ing laugh our ***** off at and move on. Why? Because, say it with me: Leakers hold no weight in an argument. I'll repeat this until I cannot breathe any longer because people still don't seem to get how just cuz Lil' Vergy said Erdrick was in doesn't mean that holds any weight at all.

You wanna know what really holds weight? Frank deconfirming Chief, Aubrey making Steve's chances look grim (though this holds less weight), B&K theme being removed from Lootcrate and Lootcrate tweet about B&K in Smash removed (this holds even less weight, but still more than a leaker) and Rare Spirits being in the game at one point. All of these things we use in B&K's favor hold more weight than 'X leaker said Y about Z, but they have no evidence'.

Also, people think there is a lot going for DQ3 protag, but honestly there isn't.

The major things are:

1. Leakers, which we know means nothing
2. DQ3 is the second-best selling game of all time in Japan, but the main protag is not cherished, only the game. Slime or Luminary are better fits.
3. Sakurai likes DQ and he likes DQ3. That's cool, so does most of Japan. Joker was picked regardless of Sakurai's bias and Sakurai's bias has done more good than bad. This really isn't a point for or against, but people act like it's gospel.

What else is there, really?
The fact that we got Joker which apparently sets the tone makes me think Luminary is more likely personally. Though I could be biased as I prefer his design to Erdrick's.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Only gonna post once in here today but, suffice it to say, the Banjo thread hasn't exactly been kind to Geno fans, recently.

For me it's the Super Suit. I've NEVER been able to do 100 super jumps. :(
^ this....

From the original way back in 1996, to the vc, to the snes mini, I have never been able to get the super suit...
This is the Number One reason why I'm hesitant to do that game on RetroAchievements, since I've never been good at the timing for that.

The fact that we got Joker which apparently sets the tone makes me think Luminary is more likely personally. Though I could be biased as I prefer his design to Erdrick's.
The only tone it sets is "these guys are unexpected". We have no way of knowing who's next.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Only gonna post once in here today but, suffice it to say, the Banjo thread hasn't exactly been kind to Geno fans, recently.

The only tone it sets is "these guys are unexpected". We have no way of knowing who's next.
Why do people have to trash other’s picks like that. It’s a public forum, not 4chan.

And yeah I thought the theme was “You’ll never see them coming” which is sorta good news for not super mongo popular characters in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

This is the Number One reason why I'm hesitant to do that game on RetroAchievements, since I've never been good at the timing for that.

Why do people have to trash other’s picks like that. It’s a public forum, not 4chan.

And yeah I thought the theme was “You’ll never see them coming” which is sorta good news for not super mongo popular characters in my opinion.
Man I thought as fanbases we were on good terms.

*tsk tsk tsk*

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Man I thought as fanbases we were on good terms.

*tsk tsk tsk*
Just to explain the situation , this isn't needless bashing toward Geno.

Someone tried to say the that the "older fans love them !" argument was not only used for BK , but also for characters like Dixie Kong and Geno.

However , Geno and BK are in completely different situations , hence why people start comparing the two.

But , I would agree that they were a bit harsh. I gave my opinion on the matter (Not a secondary character + why people love him) , so I hope it'll stop.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Just to explain the situation , this isn't needless bashing toward Geno.

Someone tried to say the that the "older fans love them !" argument was not only used for BK , but also for characters like Dixie Kong and Geno.

However , Geno and BK are in completely different situations , hence why people start comparing the two.

But , I would agree that they were a bit harsh. I gave my opinion on the matter (Not a secondary character + why people love him) , so I hope it'll stop.
Kinda glad that I only hang out in like two threads. Less stressful and less arguments.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I took a precursory glance in the B-K thread, and, uh...

I don't see anyone being harsh? Realistic about his chances and the sad situation he's in, yes. However, I'd less call it harsh and more chalk it up to blunt honesty. I don't think anyone's being out of line at all. Let's not rush our heads here, guys.

D

Deleted member

Anyways...

Which enemy/boss in SMRPG do y'all think would look best in an SMRPG remake?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, other than a person continuing to pretend Geno is a side character in SMRPG(in the grand scheme of the Mario series, he's not important, though), it seemed fine to me. But that person often gets something wrong, so eh.

Anyways...

Tough to say. Super Mario Galaxy had some neat ones.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I took a precursory glance in the B-K thread, and, uh...

I don't see anyone being harsh? Realistic about his chances and the sad situation he's in, yes. However, I'd less call it harsh and more chalk it up to blunt honesty. I don't think anyone's being out of line at all. Let's not rush our heads here, guys.
Yeah , sorry. I had a poor choice of words.

It's just that I didn't expected someone to talk about Geno's chances and current state there.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Anyways...

YARIDOVICH. The Axem Rangers come at a close second, and I think Culex and Smithy would obviously look incredible in a remake, but freaking YARIDOVICH, man. He'd look SO SICK. I love that guy's design so much.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Some details please? Even a summary?
It's just a post of someone who tried adding more character slots on the smash website, and found it's set up to easily include fighters infinitely.
So it could mean it's easy to add as many characters or echos they want for dlc, basically (at least on the website) ;)

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
It's just a post of someone who tried adding more character slots on the smash website, and found it's set up to easily include fighters infinitely.
So it could mean it's easy to add as many characters or echos they want for dlc, basically (at least on the website) ;)
1555867741804.gif

Sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom