• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Joker looks so freaking good and it makes me that much more hungry for Geno in Smash, because god, imagine how amazingly Sakurai would portray him. Freaking hell I'm simultaneously sad over Geno and EXTREMELY HAPPY AND HYPED over Joker at the same time.
It's definitely official. Never seen before and was even posted on an official marketing site.

Sakurai and his team never fails to impress us with these renders. If Geno is official, his render will be guaranteed to look amazing.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
IMG_20190331_234006.jpg

Alright , I'm worried.

Paper Mario is already in a bad spot because of a few dumb decisions , but...

Did Alphadream is really starting to do dumb mistakes like these?

There is a lot of things I love about the BiS remake , but Alphadream over-simplified a lot of things.
I can understand Bowser's fire breath only beeing 3 hits instead of 10.

I can understand better visual cues and bigger window of execution for some attacks / counter attacks.
They even finally fixed the fire flower !

But this is too much.

It's small , but they forgot basic game design and scaling difficulty.

It's just one thing , but... I'm kind of scared that it will be a snowball effect.

I hope it's just one dumb mistake that wasn't noticed or talked about enough to get patched , and not intended game design...

Because you shouldn't mess that up in the 7th entry of the franchise .

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Alright , I'm worried.

There is a lot of things I love about the BiS remake , but Alphadream over-simplified a lot of things.

I can understand better visual cues and bigger window of execution for some attacks / counter attacks.

But this is too much.

It's just one thing , but... I'm kind of scared that it will be a snowball effect.

I hope it's just one dumb mistake that wasn't noticed or talked about enough to get patched , and not intended game design...

Here's the thing here; when they fixed a bug, they introduced a new one.

Bad enough that the remake sold poorly on a dying system but...I think they're starting to burn out from doing nothing but Mario games, and we all know what that did to Camelot.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/company/75193-alphadream-corporation

These guys clearly haven't had a break in a while.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Which characters do you want in Smash that you wish had way higher demand and discussion surrounding them?

I really wish there was more talk on Balloon Fighter (though I'm fully aware Villager's recovery has squashed almost all of his chances).
The Balloon Fighter always gives me that Melee "vibe", or... how should I put it? Good memory. Seeing his trophy was always one of the things I always remember in Melee to this day, and don't worry, it's a good thing. When I was a kid back when Melee came out, his trophy cherished me. :)

Back to topic, who do I wish had more demand? Well, there are a few...

1. Black Mage
Now that Cloud is in, it's time for one of the original Final Fantasy protagonists to make their way to the stand. Black Mage is a childhood memory to me and a very recognizable video game character. I'm surprised he doesn't get as much love as Cloud in the Smash community. Black Mage would offer a very unique moveset, being a brawler and using magic; melee attacks with his staff and dagger.

2. Masked Man
I think we need an antagonist, I say we need the man who is masked. Another Mother rep would be nice to have and needs more love; I think he deserves more. Also, I'd love to see him to have a reunion with Ridley, Mega Man, and hopefully Geno.

3. Arbiter
Thel 'Vadam from Halo. Well, I really wish he had more love because he's great character that represents half of Halo, and I think he'd bring an interesting moveset. Master Chief is definitely up for being the first Halo rep, even though I prefer the Arbiter and I think he deserves the same amount of love as Master Chief. Would also love to slice fighters up with energy swords...

4. Decidueye
Well, his/her popularity dropped a lot once Incineroar made it in, but I think Decidueye should get more love. One of the most loved Gen 7 final evolution starters and is thrown to the side once Incineroar gets in... hmm, that doesn't sound right.

5. Marx
I'm one of the few that wants Marx over Bandana Dee. I know Marx is a boss, but I think he'd be an interesting character to use in Smash. I wish Marx got more spotlight, at least the same as Bandana Dee. Having this communist thing as a playable character, well, let's see what kind of "equality" he'd bring to the table.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
The Balloon Fighter always gives me that Melee "vibe", or... how should I put it? Good memory. Seeing his trophy was always one of the things I always remember in Melee to this day, and don't worry, it's a good thing. When I was a kid back when Melee came out, his trophy cherished me. :)

Back to topic, who do I wish had more demand? Well, there are a few...

1. Black Mage
Now that Cloud is in, it's time for one of the original Final Fantasy protagonists to make their way to the stand. Black Mage is a childhood memory to me and a very recognizable video game character. I'm surprised he doesn't get as much love as Cloud in the Smash community. Black Mage would offer a very unique moveset, being a brawler and using magic; melee attacks with his staff and dagger.

2. Masked Man
I think we need an antagonist, I say we need the man who is masked. Another Mother rep would be nice to have and needs more love; I think he deserves more. Also, I'd love to see him to have a reunion with Ridley, Mega Man, and hopefully Geno.

3. Arbiter
Thel 'Vadam from Halo. Well, I really wish he had more love because he's great character that represents half of Halo, and I think he'd bring an interesting moveset. Master Chief is definitely up for being the first Halo rep, even though I prefer the Arbiter and I think he deserves the same amount of love as Master Chief. Would also love to slice fighters up with energy swords...

4. Decidueye
Well, his/her popularity dropped a lot once Incineroar made it in, but I think Decidueye should get more love. One of the most loved Gen 7 final evolution starters and is thrown to the side once Incineroar gets in... hmm, that doesn't sound right.

5. Marx
I'm one of the few that wants Marx over Bandana Dee. I know Marx is a boss, but I think he'd be an interesting character to use in Smash. I wish Marx got more spotlight, at least the same as Bandana Dee. Having this communist thing as a playable character, well, let's see what kind of "equality" he'd bring to the table.
Melee trophies are by far my favourite in the series. So many original 3D renders of retro characters. If I recall correctly, there was a trophy for Clu Clu, Mach Rider and Diskun among others.

Knowing Sakurai considered Decidueye but went for Incineroar is so bitter sweet. I'm happy for Incineroar fans after all the **** they got during the Grinch leak era, and warmed to him when I saw his wrestling based gameplay, but I was lowkey rooting for the ghost archer bird...

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Attention Everyone: Remember to stay calm, cool, and collected tomorrow. There's bound to be some crazy Smash "news" but remember, it's April Fool's Day!

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Alright , I'm worried.

But this is too much.

Eh, you have to understand that only a small portion of AD made the port, and it didn't include some of their higher-ranking staff. Then again, Paper Jam was a glitchy, hot mess, so... who knows?

D

Deleted member

Which characters do you want in Smash that you wish had way higher demand and discussion surrounding them?
Earthworm Jim has always been a random out of left field dream pick of mine. His games left me with some fond memories of my childhood. I can hear in my head the announcer for Smash just calling him "Jim". Makes sense to drop the first part of his name kinda like how the Belmonts are only announced as their first names. I know Gex is a bit of a meme in the Smash community but I loved his games too. I used to have a pet Gecko in public school and named him Gex and when I first played the Gen 3 Pokemon games I didn't hesitate to pick Treecko and name him Gex.

With the exception of Banjo and Geno (obviously) though, I pretty much already have every fighter I could ever want in the game.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
With the exception of Banjo and Geno (obviously) though, I pretty much already have every fighter I could ever want in the game.
Same. They're the only ones I'm missing. Geno's state has his chances being... particularly low, so I'm not even thinking of Smash for him anymore, just hoping for a return to the main series. Gosh, I'm still thinking of that Switch update that went out of their way to show four Geno spirits against two Bowsers. Like, they're deliberately teasing us now. Cripes. It's one thing to have a Geno spirit just... there, but four?! Plus the SMRPG references in-game and with Piranha Plant... aaaaGHHHH. If Geno doesn't make it, this just feels like pouring salt into the wound.

Banjo, though? I think he legitimately has a shot. I can't believe I'm saying this because I've never had hope for him, but... this time? I feel he legitimately, actually, truly has a shot. What a time to be alive.

EDIT: Oh god, I just realized the 4th is on a Thursday, and if we get a Direct this week... and Erdrick is our rep and gets revealed...

My most wanted would be deconfirmed on my freaking birthday. The exact day of. Like, thanks for reminding me that I rarely have anything to be happy for, life. :drwtf:

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Okay, that's all the time I've got. I gotta get back to play Animal Crossing New Leaf on my Nintendo 3DS.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Here's the thing here; when they fixed a bug, they introduced a new one.

Bad enough that the remake sold poorly on a dying system but...I think they're starting to burn out from doing nothing but Mario games, and we all know what that did to Camelot.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/company/75193-alphadream-corporation

These guys clearly haven't had a break in a while.
You make it sound like introducing bugs through patches is something that never happens, but it absolutely does. It’s literally already happened in Ultimate, (Olimar’s Smash Attacks don’t increase in damage when charged anymore,) AND in Smash 4, (where they acidentally made Diddy immune to being grabbed under certain conditions until they patched it back out again). You’re reading too much into this.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My body is Reggie, apparently.

You make it sound like introducing bugs through patches is something that never happens, but it absolutely does. It’s literally already happened in Ultimate, (Olimar’s Smash Attacks don’t increase in damage when charged anymore,) AND in Smash 4, (where they acidentally made Diddy immune to being grabbed under certain conditions until they patched it back out again). You’re reading too much into this.
Tell that to Loliko and Ovaltine.

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I, Reggie, am pleased to announce that

I

am coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch. At least I don't need a sword to kick ass and take names.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
After 2 weeks from taking a break from these forums, I'm back. I have two questions:

1. Why does everybody and myself have Reggie avatars at the moment?

2. Give me the lowdown on what has been going on in the past 2 weeks.

D

Deleted member

After 2 weeks from taking a break from these forums, I'm back. I have two questions:

1. Why does everybody and myself have Reggie avatars at the moment?

2. Give me the lowdown on what has been going on in the past 2 weeks.
When Reggie's last day arrives, I ain't crying at all
Will you cry if he is the one to announce Mother 3 for the west? I'm still going to shed tears for the Reggienator regardless.
Is my body reggie?
I'm Reggie! Your Reggie! WE ARE ALL REGGIE!!!
Well hot damn, if that's the case... let us introduce ourselves...
Our name is Reggie. We're about kickin' ***, We're about takin' names, and we're about makin' games.
Lmao this is gonna look like a 7 post

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
These comments will age wonderfully and future generations will only theorize as to what sparked the great Reggie comment spree of 2019.

Last edited:

zippyskipy

Smash Cadet
Hello fellow Reggenos I come bearing a gift

More gifts to come shortly >:3

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Now for something that is actually not an April Fool's joke:

I'm getting myself a Geno plush!! It'll be a small, maybe 20 CM-ish sized friend made with minky from an incredibly good plush maker. She's a friend of a friend, so I was able to get the hook-up. I'm paying a pretty penny for him, but oh, he is going to be so, so worth it.

It'll be some time before he arrives, I'm sure, but I'll show him off when he's ready!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Now for something that is actually not an April Fool's joke:

I'm getting myself a Geno plush!! It'll be a small, maybe 20 CM-ish sized friend made with minky from an incredibly good plush maker. She's a friend of a friend, so I was able to get the hook-up. I'm paying a pretty penny for him, but oh, he is going to be so, so worth it.

It'll be some time before he arrives, I'm sure, but I'll show him off when he's ready!
I may or may not be getting a Ninten plush as well so...

Plushie sharing thread when? :pikachu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom