• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Okay I don't mean to rip on this guy, but here's one of LaxChris' video titles:

View attachment 202213

Does this make any ounce of sense to anyone? He claims he's got an official Smash leak, and then questions whether or not it's official in the next sentence...

Also:

View attachment 202214

HOW MANY "HUGE" AND "REAL" LEAKS ARE OUT THERE?
He covered a Joker leak when we already know Joker is in the game?

wat.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

View attachment 202213

Does this make any ounce of sense to anyone? He claims he's got an official Smash leak, and then questions whether or not it's official in the next sentence...

Also:

View attachment 202214

Almost like Chris' standards are lax.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

View attachment 202213

Also:

View attachment 202214

I just had a vietnam flashback looking at this image, dear god how did I mod this guy's Discord for six months.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I just had a vietnam flashback looking at this image, dear god how did I mod this guy's Discord for six months.
I'm glad you aren't anymore. This may be an unpopular opinion but I got to speak my mind on this: anyone who effortlessly takes obviously fake leaks off of 4chan, gives a half ass "analysis", and then uses clickbait in a scummy fashion does not deserve to make any money on YouTube.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

View attachment 202213

Also:

View attachment 202214

And here I was thinking he'd give up with this **** after the game came out. I just wanna know who the hell watches this crap anymore; how many half-assed 4chan wishlist leaks can one possibly stomach, let alone coming from LaxChris?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Naw, man, if anything, I'm a little jealous. Since Banjo and Geno are all I want and their chances are next-to-nothing, I've been feeling nothing but sad about Smash lately. I wish I had that kind of positivity and blasé outlook.
It does help that I try to think about things other than Smash, like CTR remake's new racer possibilities, and whether I can get a Switch and New 2DSXL eventually. Or concepts for a novel series I want to try and get off the ground.

"REAL Leak confirming Goku for Smash!!!"
Uh, bad idea, that'll just get Electrichu to wake up.

I'm glad you aren't anymore. This may be an unpopular opinion but I got to speak my mind on this: anyone who effortlessly takes obviously fake leaks off of 4chan, gives a half *** "analysis", and then uses clickbait in a scummy fashion does not deserve to make any money on YouTube.
He has no brains at all, clearly.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'm glad you aren't anymore. This may be an unpopular opinion but I got to speak my mind on this: anyone who effortlessly takes obviously fake leaks off of 4chan, gives a half *** "analysis", and then uses clickbait in a scummy fashion does not deserve to make any money on YouTube.
I literally just left one day after he uploaded a leak that REALLY pissed me off. It probably wasn't even the dumbest leak he went over, but I just snapped one day and bailed. Also I don't even think he uses his own Smash footage still when he streams Smash Ultimate like twice a week.

Bout the only thing he did when suggested too was make that now horribly outdated Ninten vid (When I was the one that made the thing lulz), but that was based off a bet that he would have eventually lost anyway soooo...

I will say the events that transpired in that server could be pitched towards becoming an ongoing anime. Laxcord was a strange beast.

And here I was thinking he'd give up with this **** after the game came out. I just wanna know who the hell watches this crap anymore; how many half-***** 4chan wishlist leaks can one possibly stomach, let alone coming from LaxChris?
Based on his comment section, young children and people looking for a fight.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm on discord in a debate with one of LaxChris' admins and the best defense I got for his video quality was "he's not the only one doing it so don't worry"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm on discord in a debate with one of LaxChris' admins and the best defense I got for his video quality was "he's not the only one doing it so don't worry"
I hope he wasn't referring to PapaGenos. If so, that's up there with one of the biggest insults around.

Can LaxChris be considered the TV-Nihon of leak posters?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'all I just realized something with Banjo looking likelier. I begun to think about his relation to Geno and here's the thing that I realized;

There was this Theory surrounding the Fighters Pass from within Polar's sources saying that there might be two Fan-Favorites in the Fighters Pass and that may be true if Banjo gets in. What if they're right and Geno might come later?

I'll come back later and make a better case for it and I'll try to present what I mean better, Basically I think this is a good sign for Geno.

D

Deleted member

Y'all I just realized something with Banjo looking likelier. I begun to think about his relation to Geno and here's the thing that I realized;

There was this Theory surrounding the Fighters Pass from within Polar's sources saying that there might be two Fan-Favorites in the Fighters Pass and that may be true if Banjo gets in. What if they're right and Geno might come later?

I'll come back later and make a better case for it and I'll try to present what I mean better, Basically I think this is a good sign for Geno.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

I’m going to take a bit of what I suspect is an unpopular stance and say that I have a tendency to disagree. To me Banjo seems to make Geno less likely if anything. I mean, Banjo is the epitome of “we moved heaven and earth to get a major fan request and ‘irrelevant’ character in the game.”

There’s a sense of having put in the work and prioritized a fan third party that doesn’t so directly provide any benefit to Nintendo or the parent company beyond the fighter’s sales that I suspect makes it harder to justify two of those characters. Especially when Geno is the clear cut less important character of the two.

I could very much see Nintendo deciding that making Banjo happened was a big enough move on their part to satisfy fans that another one isn’t really needed or they can rest on someone more conventional and easy to work with like a Bandanna Dee or a Dixie Kong if they want another fan request to be realized. Furthermore, if you’ve played the card of making a fan favorite impossible happen already, there also might be a decent chance they’d just go for a more straightforward Square rep.

I don’t know... I’ve always genuinely seen the Geno AND Banjo combo as one of the least likely results in Smash all around. Which is a shame because I absolutely love and support both. But there’s just a degree of TOO much wish fulfillment there that I’m not sure I see Nintendo going for when they only have five DLC fighters to work with. Feel free to call me a pessimist on that front, but I’ve seen Nintendo pull enough stuff over the years to generally believe they won’t commit completely to fan fulfillment and will generally expect fans to be satisfied for achieving whatever they do achieve first...

LaxChris

Smash Rookie
Not really appreciating all the talk people are doing behind my back, especially a certain user here who knows who they are. Makes it kinda hard for us to like your character with that type of behavior

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Not really appreciating all the talk people are doing behind my back, especially a certain user here who knows who they are. Makes it kinda hard for us to like your character with that type of behavior
I would've thought a guy like you was totally shameless and wouldn't be upset at people (correctly) calling you out

osby

Smash Obsessed
Please don't answer flame-bait posts. Just report it and move on.

D

Deleted member

If the theory of two fan favorites is correct, I can really only see it being Banjo and Geno.

(Plus think of the awesome games that could come with them...)

D

Deleted member

Geno, if you ask me, looks and has stuff that makes him feel cool and nice to see represented in Smash.

It's a doll with a riffle for an arm who can turn into a cannon, how can't that be cool for many?

Firox

Smash Master
Naw, I think I've got you beat because I'm at the point where I feel Geno has no chance and Banjo only has a snowball's chance in Hailfire Peaks' fire side. My expectations aren't just tempered, they're nigh nonexistent lmao.
I'm right there with you. I'm not gonna lie, when the random potted plant got in before Geno, my expectations sank through the floor and right into the haunted well with that zombie chick from the Ring.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If the theory of two fan favorites is correct, I can really only see it being Banjo and Geno.

Why can you only see a two fan favorites theory being those two? I feel like there’s a large community of perfectly reasonable fan picks you could pull from even with the Assist Trophies acting as deconfirms...

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Naw, man, if anything, I'm a little jealous. Since Banjo and Geno are all I want and their chances are next-to-nothing, I've been feeling nothing but sad about Smash lately. I wish I had that kind of positivity and blasé outlook.

I'm gonna be honest Ovaltine , it took me 2/3 months to be happy when talking about Smash.
Geno not getting in devastated me , even tho I didn't show it. I took the blow and I dealt with it .
I just told myself "it's not over , and some people waited for him since more than a decade.".

But really , my mentality crumbled around November/December. I couldn't play competitive smash correctly , I would call myself garbage and get angry whenever my opponent managed to just get the advantage. I lost my patience , something I developped since I played either bad characters or characters with horrible disadvantage states in Smash 4. (These guys : :4dedede::4olimar::4pacman:)

I quitted my smash crew because Iv'e noticed how flawed my fundamentals were.

I also played a lot of others games , found back my love for Indies and discovered the Dark Witch franchise. I think this helped me a lot , changing a bit of atmosphere.

I also bought the Mario & Luigi BiS remake ! I love Jr. Journey , even if the gameplay can be a bit repetitive at times.

Enough talk about my life , but to be simple , if you truly feel sad about smash , play some others games. I know people already told you , but sometimes we all need a break.

Also...

THANK YOU ZACK.

INDEED SMRPG 2 OR BANJO-THREEIE WOULD BE AMAZING.
OR EVEN ANY GAME WITH THE SMRPG CREW OR BANJO AND KAZOOIE.

That's one of the biggest reason I want these characters back. New games.

But not gonna lie , I would main Geno in Smash . I think he would be the only character that could make me go to IRL tourneys.

I don't have enough motivation and a bad situation wich don't allow me to go to tourneys , but Geno would truly make me go to tourneys just to represent him.

Firox

Smash Master
I'm gonna be honest Ovaltine , it took me 2/3 months to be happy when talking about Smash.
Geno not getting in devastated me , even tho I didn't show it. I took the blow and I dealt with it .
I just told myself "it's not over , and some people waited for him since more than a decade.".

But really , my mentality crumbled around November/December. I couldn't play competitive smash correctly , I would call myself garbage and get angry whenever my opponent managed to just get the advantage. I lost my patience , something I developped since I played either bad characters or characters with horrible disadvantage states in Smash 4. (These guys : :4dedede::4olimar::4pacman:)

I quitted my smash crew because Iv'e noticed how flawed my fundamentals were.

I also played a lot of others games , found back my love for Indies and discovered the Dark Witch franchise. I think this helped me a lot , changing a bit of atmosphere.

I also bought the Mario & Luigi BiS remake ! I love Jr. Journey , even if the gameplay can be a bit repetitive at times.

Enough talk about my life , but to be simple , if you truly feel sad about smash , play some others games. I know people already told you , but sometimes we all need a break.

Also...

THANK YOU ZACK.

INDEED SMRPG 2 OR BANJO-THREEIE WOULD BE AMAZING.
OR EVEN ANY GAME WITH THE SMRPG CREW OR BANJO AND KAZOOIE.

That's one of the biggest reason I want these characters back. New games.

But not gonna lie , I would main Geno in Smash . I think he would be the only character that could make me go to IRL tourneys.

I don't have enough motivation and a bad situation wich don't allow me to go to tourneys , but Geno would truly make me go to tourneys just to represent him.
Dang it, you did NOT just make me cry....I'm just sweating through my eyes...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
^Reads the obvious bait post

...Well this got a bit awkward. Sorry about this guys.
It's okay, Ani. You really didn't deserve that. That's all I'll say here because I don't want to fuel the fire, but... yeah.

But really , my mentality crumbled around November/December.
That's honestly been me with that double whammy of Geno and Shadow not making it + rumors being against rather than for Geno. The only difference is I'm still not happy thinking about Smash right now because of how much that crushed me.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Dang it, you did NOT just make me cry....I'm just sweating through my eyes...
It's okay, Ani. You really didn't deserve that. That's all I'll say here because I don't want to fuel the fire, but... yeah.

That's honestly been me with that double whammy of Geno and Shadow not making it + rumors being against rather than for Geno. The only difference is I'm still not happy thinking about Smash right now because of how much that crushed me.
I'm sorry for making you cry , wasn't my intention lol.
The November smash direct was nothing but disappointment for me. The only good thing for me was the Chibi-robo Mii costume , I didn't expected him to get near this level of respect .

And also Ovaltine , it was so dumb that they just put Shadow back into AT ! I know SEGA is a bit weird to work with concerning characters and songs , but come on ! It's flippin' Shadow the DAMN Hedgehog !
I know they didn't wanted to over-shadow (I'm sorry , this isn't on purpose) the Sonic Brand with Shadow , but... I dunno , revealing his AT sooner would have been better.

I know some fans can dig deep for some characters , but if Sakurai looked at the roster and said to himself : "Wich characters could be good clones ?" , I'm sure he would have at least thought about Shadow.
But then again , I don't think Sakurai and Sora Limited were aware of what ATs mean to the fans. But I feel like that with the Isaac outcry , they at least understood a bit.

And don't forget that we have this super dope Geno mod for Project M/Legacy XP. Because damn , that's a good mod.

But also , I could understand how hard it would be to be behind the scenes , and hearing nothing but "Yeah, Geno's chances aren't looking good" over and over .
It's just depressing , especially after putting months of support and speculation , with how ****ty the Smash fans were during this Smash speculation cycle.
A lot of people were just unrespectful toward others characters/supporters for the sake of... *Breath in*... ****ing memes... And unrespectful is putting it lightly.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
It's just depressing , especially after putting months of support and speculation , with how ****ty the Smash fans were during this Smash speculation cycle.
A lot of people were just unrespectful toward others characters/supporters for the sake of... *Breath in*... ****ing memes... And unrespectful is putting it lightly.
Honestly, it's a big part of the problem. If Smash fandom wasn't so brutal and unforgiving, I could have accepted Geno not making it this time, but I can't even so much as enjoy the damn character with other people without massive assholes coming in with their whole, "LOL IRRELEVANT PUPPET WILL NEVER BE IN SMASH GET OVER IT!" schtick.

Newsflash, you whiny manchildren: people can like what you don't like. Stop ****ing harassing people. That is all.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Why can you only see a two fan favorites theory being those two? I feel like there’s a large community of perfectly reasonable fan picks you could pull from even with the Assist Trophies acting as deconfirms...
As far as fan favorites go though Geno and Banjo are the biggest and most requested names left really. The only person that comes close to Geno is Sora and tbh it really seems like KH3 put a damper on a lot of people’s hype for him in Smash. Also announcing both at an event like E3 would be ****ing massive and the only thing that could really top the Ridley announcement from last year.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
As far as fan favorites go though Geno and Banjo are the biggest and most requested names left really. The only person that comes close to Geno is Sora and tbh it really seems like KH3 put a damper on a lot of people’s hype for him in Smash. Also announcing both at an event like E3 would be ****ing massive and the only thing that could really top the Ridley announcement from last year.
Eh, you’ve still got perfectly reasonable fan picks like Bandanna Dee and Dixie Kong left with big communities attached to them. Not to mention any number of smaller characters that could still fit the bill as a fan favorite. If assist trophies go out the window, then it’s open season for fan favorites too.

Plus, I don’t know if they’re aiming to top Ridley at E3 (and I’d argue most third parties will just plainly meet Ridley in terms of hype creators at E3). While I believe that they want to include “hype” picks, I also don’t think there going to position Smash as THE hype maker it was last year.

I’m also still just not expecting them to drop more than one announcement at a time for this DLC cycle.

Firox

Smash Master
I'm sorry for making you cry , wasn't my intention lol.
The November smash direct was nothing but disappointment for me. The only good thing for me was the Chibi-robo Mii costume , I didn't expected him to get near this level of respect .
I'm right there with you as far as the November smash direct goes. All due respect to you piranha plant fans out there, I literally howled in agony when I saw it. That, coupled with Ken and Incineroar (sorry, guys, I was rooting for Decidueye), it was like a one-two punch to the nuts for me. I seriously didn't get ANY of the characters I'd hoped for: Knuckles, Shadow, Isaac, Geno and Scizor. Not saying that I don't appreciate what I get, cuz it isn't my game and all, but I definitely see the disappointment. It's just heartbreaking to hear stories like yours where it kills your enthusiasm for a game we want to love so much. That's why I try to keep my expectations so low. If you're at rock bottom, then there's nowhere to go but up.

D

Deleted member

It's mainly just a gut feeling I have. I would really like Isaac playable, but I think Banjo and Geno being in wave 1 is a lot likelier.

Though now I should say I think Banjo and Geno are the most likely pair if the two fan favorites thing is true, rather than the only possibility.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm right there with you as far as the November smash direct goes. All due respect to you piranha plant fans out there, I literally howled in agony when I saw it.
It was especially painful because I thought PP's trailer was a Geno trailer lmao. I love Plant, don't get me wrong, but that stung something fierce.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If the Geno thread goes to war with LaxChris I will never be prouder.
I don't like the guy much either, but I really don't think that will be a good look for us. If he decides to denounce us in any way publicly, we have to be the better people in the situation. Just let him be. It won't get him anywhere.

I hope everyone voted in this community DLC ballot! They're at 20,000/25,000 votes and I'd love to see our boy Geno at the top again https://twitter.com/SSBUNews/status/1102303354582126592
You bet I hecking did!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I know it was said not to reply to flame-bait but:

"doesn't make us like your character"

this irks me so much, it's like those guys generalizing all Minecraft fans as immature when I've seen immature fans and a lot of mature ones in both Minecraft's fanbase and this one - it's the same for every fanbase tbh.

and if ya don't want criticism then stop slapping "real" in the title as if it's been proven or even lumping characters together as "lame" including one you seemed to like yourself.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
If the Geno thread goes to war with LaxChris I will never be prouder.
I'm honestly kinds surprised he didn't post that in the Ninten thread if his goal was to get under my skin.

Don't start a war though, it'd just make all of us look like jerks rather then, well, just the guy making himself look like a jerk.

I know it was said not to reply to flame-bait but:

"doesn't make us like your character"

this irks me so much, it's like those guys generalizing all Minecraft fans as immature when I've seen immature fans and a lot of mature ones in both Minecraft's fanbase and this one - it's the same for every fanbase tbh.

and if ya don't want criticism then stop slapping "real" in the title as if it's been proven or even lumping characters together as "lame" including one you seemed to like yourself.
I've been told that I've done quite a bit for the Ninten fans on here so him saying that is slightly infuriating but it's just one guy. I'm not gonna stop what I do just because he doesn't like me.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm honestly kinds surprised he didn't post that in the Ninten thread if his goal was to get under my skin.

Don't start a war though, it'd just make all of us look like jerks rather then, well, just the guy making himself look like a jerk.

I've been told that I've done quite a bit for the Ninten fans on here so him saying that is slightly infuriating but it's just one guy. I'm not gonna stop what I do just because he doesn't like me.
You're a sweetheart and an ambitious person, so yeah, don't let people like that get to you. Glad you're not letting him mess with you. Keep doing what you're doing! :drflip:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom