• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
What if they pulled a surprise and got us both Banjo and Conker? Unlikely as that is, it would be pretty awesome. Have your normally scheduled Banjo animated trailer go through the rounds only to be followed by Conker making a surprise appearance by introducing his chainsaw to a sandbag or something. There is a certain flare to having the two characters meeting up with Diddy again...
I thought it'd be funny to have a Palutena style Banjo trailer, and then have Conker pull a Dark Pit at the end chase Banjo away with his chainsaw. Once Banjo is gone, Conker can do his famous:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Apparently, Polar's source has rumored that this is the case. It's pretty interesting, but considering no one knows the DLC (or no one knew), it makes me wonder... unless the very higher-ups at NoA are aware, and stuff has trickled out.
To be fair, knowing that there's going to be fan favorites doesn't mean they know the characters persay.

I'm honestly quite curious about the remaining two promotional reps if true... I'm thinking they're also going to be surprises like Joker was if true.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
I'm also another person who's all over the place when it comes to support. I want a rich roster full of a bunch of faces both familiar and unfamiliar to the common gamer. Ultimate has me pretty satisfied in that department, but there's characters that I love that still haven't made their debut in Smash yet. My top characters are Geno, Ninten, and Conker.

Here's a question: Is anyone here opposed to Conker getting into Smash? I personally don't mind if I'm one of the only people being vocal about him, I want the ****ing squirrel. But idk, I wish there was more love spread to him.
Mate, Conker getting in Smash would be insanely cool. There's no chance he'll piss on people or anything but he can at least use his frying pan right?

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Speaking solely about wants, I'd like:

Geno, Porky, Banjo, Terra (FF6), Marina (Mischief Makers), Bomber Man, something representing Snow Board Kids cause my childhood lol
I gotta chime in anytime somebody mentions wants. I always am going to neverending desire these characters to join the fight. If any of them make it in, Instant main for me
1. Geno (Wanted him since brawl and he was my ballot vote in the smash 4 days. I main him in the project m mod and forever wanted him to come back.)

2. Isaac (I know he is an assist trophy... but I ain't giving up until dlc is officially wrapped up! His moveset would be so unique and the music from golden sun needs to be in smash!)

3. Shantae (Glad she got in as a spirit and I hope that gives way for better things in the future for her! I want an indie rep and her moveset would be so fun!)

4. Banjo Kazooie (Loved the old N64 games as a kid growing up and would love for the duo to get in. Their moveset and amazing music tracks would be amazing to have in smash!)

5. Rayman (I know that things are looking sort of iffy for him at the moment, but come on nintendo! Give ubisoft their rep already! I loved rayman 3 so much as a little kid and would love to see my fantasy of rayman fighting mario to the death become reality!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I thought it'd be funny to have a Palutena style Banjo trailer, and then have Conker pull a Dark Pit at the end chase Banjo away with his chainsaw. Once Banjo is gone, Conker can do his famous:

That would certainly be fun, though I hope they would have about equal screen time in the hypothetical trailer.

TheBeastHimself

Mate, Conker getting in Smash would be insanely cool. There's no chance he'll piss on people or anything but he can at least use his frying pan right?
He's got tons of kid friendly stuff. People treat Conker like a walking Rated-M logo which isn't the case, it's just faulty memory of Bad Fur Day. He curses here and there very sparingly, and you piss on people in two levels. Everything else, his guns, TNT, throwing knives, slingshot, plus his own squirrel abilities, theyre all very viable for Smash.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
He's got tons of kid friendly stuff. People treat Conker like a walking Rated-M logo which isn't the case, it's just faulty memory of Bad Fur Day. He curses here and there very sparingly, and you piss on people in two levels. Everything else, his guns, TNT, throwing knives, slingshot, plus his own squirrel abilities, theyre all very viable for Smash.
On top of that, Conker as a character and a series is... pretty bonkers. The amount of creative liberty one could take with Conker would be enormous. Some of the most off-the-wall stuff like context-sensitivity being worked into a move set with so many possibilities, or heck, stuff that wasn't even necessarily in the games? Amazing. He could have one of the wackiest move sets ever and it would be like, "Hey, that works." You can't say that about too many characters. Conker's move set would be full of crazy wild cards to go ham with.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Conker just seems like a low priority to me more than anything. Opposition? Certainly not. But I’d have a hard time justifying him over Banjo, Master Chief, and even Steve. All three should take priority when we have Microsoft involved honestly.

As for who I support, it tends to be a wide spread of characters given my overall mood. My signature still has everything I supported during the base cycle, so there’s that.

I’m only really actively involved in Geno and the Square thread as I have the most investment in those areas and I just don’t prioritize SmashBoards as much these days as I did during base game hype.

That said, I’m super supportive of the following:

1. Geno
2. Banjo Kazooie
3. Isaac
4. Chibi-Robo
5. Marx (This is more recent, but he’s moved up to primary Kirby newcomer and I think the series could use one).
6. Excitebiker
7. Dragon Quest in any form, preferably Slime
8. Ryu Hayabusa
9. Dixie Kong

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
On top of that, Conker as a character and a series is... pretty bonkers. The amount of creative liberty one could take with Conker would be enormous. Some of the most off-the-wall stuff like context-sensitivity being worked into a move set with so many possibilities, or heck, stuff that wasn't even necessarily in the games? Amazing. He could have one of the wackiest move sets ever and it would be like, "Hey, that works." You can't say that about too many characters. Conker's move set would be full of crazy wild cards to go ham with.
If I were to make a comparison here, I imagine that Conker would be this games Peacock.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Oh there's plenty of source material for Conker no doubt, I'm just a sucker for the immature South Park influences that game has :4dk:

If Corrin can chainsaw, so can Conker.

(Also, Geno4Smash)

TheBeastHimself

IM GLAD PEOPLE ARE NOTICING

His cartoon logic Context Sensitive ability! Imagine that was his neutral b, and it could do different things depending on the situation you're in?

Conker just seems like a low priority to me more than anything. Opposition? Certainly not. But I’d have a hard time justifying him over Banjo, Master Chief, and even Steve. All three should take priority when we have Microsoft involved honestly
I mean technically right now he's rivaling Banjo in terms of being the face of Rare. Not saying that gives him any more priority than he has now, but Banjo has been left in the dust since 2008 while the squirrel still shows up every once in a while, most recently in 2016 *shudders*. But I respect how you feel, and I can 100% understand where you're coming from. I've had experience with Minecraft, Banjo, and Halo, all titles very deserving of having a Smash rep.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could put this game down without it being because I'm super goddamn mad. Just had a match with a guy where we had one stock and all the items were S-Flags and his whole strategy was hitting me off-screen and farming lives. Who the hell does that?

Anyway if we're talking wishlists.

1) Geno, obvs.

2) Banjo-Kazooie, a huge nostalgia pick for me.

3) Chosen Undead from Dark Souls. A different weapon for every smash attack and magic for Bs.

4) Doomslayer, because he's kickass.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, with how friendly Nintendo and Microsoft have been getting, maybe we could see Banjo or Conker make a return on a Nintendo console. They are going to be sharing Xbox Live at some point in the future, it's not as crazy as you would think.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Banjo and Conker with Battletoads AT please and thank you Soccer Guy xxx

If we're talking predictions, I think Banjo and Geno are at a coin flip chance. It could go either way really. Prediction wise, I feel like Crash Bandicoot and Rayman have a reasonable chance, as well as Elma (no Xenoblade X music).

TheBeastHimself

Banjo and Conker with Battletoads AT please and thank you Soccer Guy xxx

If we're talking predictions, I think Banjo and Geno are at a coin flip chance. It could go either way really. Prediction wise, I feel like Crash Bandicoot and Rayman have a reasonable chance, as well as Elma (no Xenoblade X music).
Really wish this could happen. It's a possibility with the Nintendo-Microsoft friendship, but most of the creative force behind Banjo and Conker jumped ship from Rare years ago. The games could never be the same because new people at Rare will have new visions of what they think the games are, which would enrage fans who want the classics. Not sure about Banjo, but I know for a fact that Conker is pretty much done because Chris Seavor got out of Rare in 2011, which he described as falling apart.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
There ya go! Let's start talking about characters we want, not what's popular. It don't matter if your favorite character isn't popular, talking about who you want is what makes Smash speculation so much fun and unpredictable. If you're going head first with the mindset "these characters are the most likely" you're just sucking all the fun out of the experience for yourself. Just my two cents.
Well, all right! I shall choose a reasonable choice(s) and an obscure choice for fun!

Reasonable choice I want:
Black Mage! One of my favorite RPG characters to date and one of the most recognizable faces of Final Fantasy.
Banjo! I recently played Banjo-Kazooie a month ago and I loved it! One of the best N64 games I've played, if not, one of the best games I've ever played!
Master Chief! Halo is one of my favorite games and I've been playing the series since Halo 2, and it's had a fun impact during my early gaming days. :)

Obscure choice I want:
Kevin McCallister! Very obscure pick, but he's a Christmas miracle and always made our hearts filled with joy during Christmas time. And tell me, who wouldn't want one of his taunts to be "I'm over here you big horse's ass, come and get me!"? I think Sakurai could make a pretty interesting moveset for him. I know he's a fourth-party nightmare, but he'd be the biggest "WTF" character in Smash ever, even beating Piranha Plant in "WTF" tier.

D

Deleted member

Except he'll pull out the Smash logo instead

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Really wish this could happen. It's a possibility with the Nintendo-Microsoft friendship, but most of the creative force behind Banjo and Conker jumped ship from Rare years ago. The games could never be the same because new people at Rare will have new visions of what they think the games are, which would enrage fans who want the classics. Not sure about Banjo, but I know for a fact that Conker is pretty much done because Chris Seavor got out of Rare in 2011, which he described as falling apart.
Yeah sadly I think Conker's chances are dead low, as much as I'd love him to be in. If we're getting a Rare character, it's Banjo. If it weren't for the Rare buyout, both would be in and we'd be debating if Tiptup can make it (sad emoji).

D

Deleted member

I'd like Conker.

He is the best rated M character and no one can change my mind.

If he is in Smash he must have his rated M moves or I'll riot

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If you guys don't mind answering, where did this idea that we're getting two fan favorites in the pass thing come from?
Apparently, Polar's source has rumored that this is the case. It's pretty interesting, but considering no one knows the DLC (or no one knew), it makes me wonder... unless the very higher-ups at NoA are aware, and stuff has trickled out.
This is news to me. When exactly was this stated?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't know if i'll be around by the time this thread hits 800 pages, so thought I 'd just say Congrats in advance :)
I just feel like it's a cool milestone (next big one being 1k)

keep on keepin' on geno fans :starman:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What if they pulled a surprise and got us both Banjo and Conker? Unlikely as that is, it would be pretty awesome. Have your normally scheduled Banjo animated trailer go through the rounds only to be followed by Conker making a surprise appearance by introducing his chainsaw to a sandbag or something. There is a certain flare to having the two characters meeting up with Diddy again...
That'd be the best hat trick in the world, not gonna lie. It's just too bad it'd be a bit much to fit Rash in there as a three-fer, but still, 2 out of 3 would be really good as it is.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah sadly I think Conker's chances are dead low, as much as I'd love him to be in. If we're getting a Rare character, it's Banjo. If it weren't for the Rare buyout, both would be in and we'd be debating if Tiptup can make it (sad emoji).
If the buyout never happened Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, the Battletoads, Joanna Dark, Gruntilda, Mumbo, Juno, Vela, and Dark Queen would all probably be in the Smash roster right now and K. Rool would have gotten in during Melee or Brawl because he wouldn't be unrelevant in a timeline where Rare was still with Nintendo.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Conker seems like the type of character that would force himself in without an invitation. He just kind of shows up at the smash house and won't leave. Becoming an extra DLC character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If the buyout never happened Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, the Battletoads, Joanna Dark, Gruntilda, Mumbo, Juno, Vela, and Dark Queen would all probably be in the Smash roster right now and K. Rool would have gotten in during Melee or Brawl because he wouldn't be unrelevant in a timeline where Rare was still with Nintendo.
Eh, I doubt all of them would get in. B&K and Battletoads, as well as K. Rool, sure. Diddy was coming before Rool, which would've been in Melee. But Melee also only had time for literally 6 more clones, not enough for a single truly unique newcomer. Though Diddy might've been able to be based upon DK? Maybe?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Eh, I doubt all of them would get in. B&K and Battletoads, as well as K. Rool, sure. Diddy was coming before Rool, which would've been in Melee. But Melee also only had time for literally 6 more clones, not enough for a single truly unique newcomer. Though Diddy might've been able to be based upon DK? Maybe?
You notice how K. Rool and Dixie had a trophies in Melee while Diddy didn't, I think he was planned for Melee as well. But Nintendo was probably having a difficult time with Rare before they walked out the door.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Conker, which characters do you want to see in Smash other than your typical popular fan favourites?

For me, I'd absolutely love to see Aiai in Smash from Super Monkey Ball (preferably in his classic design). The first Super Monkey Ball was such an amazing launch title for the Gamecube, and the sequel was likewise fantastic. Even if he showed up as an assist trophy I'd be hyped.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You notice how K. Rool and Dixie had a trophies in Melee while Diddy didn't, I think he was planned for Melee as well. But Nintendo was probably having a difficult time with Rare before they walked out the door.
Exactly. Rare was on shaky grounds for getting characters in. So while trophies might be a bit easier, a fully playable character would want them there to help oversee the character's designs and moveset. It's also possible the Trophies were all licensed/decided on super early on. But they walked out before anything else could be done.

I more meant that Diddy was obviously coming in first anyway. He was way more requested and pretty much the Luigi of DKC.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Speaking of Conker, which characters do you want to see in Smash other than your typical popular fan favourites?

For me, I'd absolutely love to see Aiai in Smash from Super Monkey Ball (preferably in his classic design). The first Super Monkey Ball was such an amazing launch title for the Gamecube, and the sequel was likewise fantastic. Even if he showed up as an assist trophy I'd be hyped.
Goemon from the Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja series
Porky from Mother/Earthbound
Marina Liteyears from Mischief Makers
Tron Bonne from Mega Man Legends

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
There really aren't many characters I support, as most of the characters that I've had on a wishlist in the past are already in. :ultwario::ultkingdedede::ultdiddy::ultwolf::ultolimar::ultsonic::ultmetaknight::ultvillager::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultryu::ultridley::ultkrool::ultchrom::ultincineroar::ultdaisy:

The only 2 I'm really missing are Geno and Phoenix (of course).

The other characters I want are usually either characters that I think should have a new game first, and/or are just vague concepts that I haven't fully thought out yet. Some of them are just characters I like, despite the fact that they have little to no Smash support.

My list:
Ray MK (Would rather have a new Custom Robo game. The Mii Costume is actually REALLY cool, and is one of the few costumes that almost makes up for the absence of a character. But I don't find Mii Gunner fun to play as at all, which is honestly why I'm not super enthusiastic about Geno's costume coming back...)

A new F-Zero character (Would rather have a new F-Zero game first, honestly. Also, most of the F-Zero characters I use aren't that recognizable.)

Paper Mario (Honestly has a fair shot, but I'd rather have a new Paper Mario in lieu of the first two games.)

9-Volt (Vague concept that I haven't really thought of. To be completely honest, I'd take anyone from WarioWare other than Ashley, but I understand she'd be the one they'd go with if they wanted another WarioWare character.)

Ninten (As long as they varied his moveset slightly from Ness and Lucas. Or if they included him as a bonus Echo Fighter, or something.)

Aran Ryan (Veeeeery much a longshot, but he's my favorite Punch-Out!! opponent. He'd also use more than just his fists.)

M. Bison (YES! YES!)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The only 2 I'm really missing are Geno and Phoenix (of course).
There is a lot of chaaracters I would love to see in Smash, but the only ones left that will complete the roster for me is Goemon, Banjo & Kazooie, Krystal, Dixie Kong, Porky, and Pig Ganon.

While going on this topic guys, who you all want left that will make Smash complete to you?

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Man of culture, I see
Lol, little known fact, I've been a man of that kind of culture since 2016. I just haven't mentioned it in this thread because you and The Anigriffin do the Ninten lifting for me. :rotfl:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Jesus I forgot about Super Monkey Ball... Sega has so many good characters that they just seemed to have forgotten all about.

As far as characters I want Claus, Ninten (duh), and Geno the most since my other two in my top five made it (Wolf and Ridley)

Otherwise, Monokuma, Protoman, Krystal, Klona, Haxorus (Gen 5 is criminally underrated), Decidueye (rip), and Banjo are the other ones that’d make me extremely happy. I’m really hoping that if Namco gets another rep it’s Klonoa even if his franchise is as dead as F-Zero.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Too many to list here, but I'll mention a few;

I'd love to see Hudson's old mascots Master Higgins and Bonk make a comeback. They're owed that, after Super Bomberman R ignored them so grossly for Bomber form possibilities.

Morrigan, it's odd how not many even expect her, seeing as she is the queen of crossover appearance characters. She wouldn't even need Darkstalkers to get revived for a Smash appearance.

Klonoa, who would fit a Smash appearance the most among some of Bandai Namco's remaining cartoony characters.

Poochy, the one main Yoshi character who doesn't even originate in the Mario series.

Rick. Not just because my family used to have a pet hamster, but I liked playing KDL3 as a kid.

M. Bison (YES! YES!)
Most excellent choice, that'd be the best opportunity to use reaction vids.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Brian from Quest 64, of course. I... can't really say if Fulgore from Killer Instinct is a fairly popular pick or not. I mean, in that game, he's definitely a notable pick alone, but that doesn't mean much. Rareware pretty much doesn't have major picks beyond Banjo & Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country characters. Rest are just way lesser picks, no matter how neat of a character they may be.

D

Deleted member

There is a lot of chaaracters I would love to see in Smash, but the only ones left that will complete the roster for me is Goemon, Banjo & Kazooie, Krystal, Dixie Kong, Porky, and Pig Ganon.

While going on this topic guys, who you all want left that will make Smash complete to you?
Geno and Ninten

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman

Dixie Kong is the only exclusion currently that really confuses me. She was considered as far back as Brawl and is relevant unlike K Rool, yet Metroid can have 4 reps and DK series can't? She was a female game character at a time when they were either sexualised or damsels in distress and yet she was neither of those things.

There are plenty of characters I'd love also, including Banjo and Geno but Dixie still being absent is glaringly off to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom