• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Geno > Sora > Chrono > Septhiroth > Erdrick > Slime > Luminary

that's how I would rank the Seven so I would definitely take Sora over Erdrick, no offense DQ fans I just have more of a connection to KH than DQ.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
That situation that we're looking at is that if the character is indeed Erdrick, he was leaked almost a year before his actual announcement (if he's announced at E3), nevermind his actual release. Remember how in early January Sakurai said that Joker barely had a tangible form yet and how yesterday all we got was a character model and idle animation? Joker still isn't due out for another two months. Sakurai has stated that characters typically take ten months to a year to develop. This suggests that Joker started in June at the latest. Vergeben got his info in July. If Joker didn't have a tangible form outside of code up until about a month and a half ago, what could have possibly existed 7 months ago that someone aside from the key programmers could decipher and interpret as a particular character? Planning documents? The Gematsu leak was a painful lesson in how those can change dramatically. In this cycle, Inceniroar was the character that was leaked the earliest before their announcement and that was roughly a month after play testing had already started. The time span between leak and announcement? Roughly two months... It's a very strange situation overall.
Precisely. It just doesn't add up that things that were true didn't take anywhere as long to get confirmed, and we are in DLC territory at this point so… yeah, I honestly don't consider anything heard from such a long time ago to be true at this point. It's pretty simple when we just look at the simple facts so far.

––––––––––––––––
As for "this one" over "this one" that people are talking about now… I'm honestly super over it, had plenty of that on the SE list thread (that literally became an Erdrick 2.0 thread, ugh…) and it never turned out well because of people turning entitled, lol. If anything I would just say my personal favorites from the list that I would absolutely go isnane for are: Geno, Sora and Crono. Sephiroth maybe but I am alraedy happy with Cloud and as much as i love Seph I want something different than FF this time. DQ i don't hate, I just don't care about it, but of course I won't pretend like my opinion should matter on business decisions from Nintendo, lol.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't really get why Steve being playable wouldn't represent Minecraft very well, when they could have a resource-gathering thing or something, and make it work somehow (like hitting opponents, get resources from them, makes Steve stronger), or even have a playable Creeper to represent the mobs and world somehow.

You may as well say Villager and Isabelle should've been restricted to some new "peaceful" gamemode.

I will admit though a Stage Builder would be excellent, but a Mii Costume wouldn't represent Minecraft any better.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No, that's what I mean, I thought insiders said it would be shown in the direct

Edit: To clarify, I'm not saying that I don't think it's coming. I, again, just thought insiders said it would be shown off in this direct
King Zell said ''And probably MPT.'' He didn't say 100% percent it was going to be in the Direct.

I'd put my vote for Sora over Erdrick - Sephiroth over both! Let me dream.
Yes!

Anyone have a source on that "Cloud was going to be DLC again" thing?
I think it was a source of Polar Panda's that said that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

King Zell said ''And probably MPT.'' He didn't say 100% percent it was going to be in the Direct.

Yes!

I think it was a source of Polar Panda's that said that.
Polar's source never said that.

What happened was Stealth_ tweeted that Cloud was the final veteran added to Ultimate because Square Enix was difficult to work with.

It's possible that they wanted Cloud back as DLC, but it was never said anywhere that it was the case.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
ive never enjoyed anything square has ever done outside of mario rpg so i dont really have a preference for sora over erdrick, especially when i dislike their source games equally as much lol. just give me geno, i dont wanna settle for a lesser of two bads or whatever

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I'd put my vote for Sora over Erdrick - Sephiroth over both! Let me dream.

that's how I would rank the Seven so I would definitely take Sora over Erdrick, no offense DQ fans I just have more of a connection to KH than DQ.
Geno > Slime > Sora > Crono > Anything Else

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

What happened was Stealth_ tweeted that Cloud was the final veteran added to Ultimate because Square Enix was difficult to work with.

It's possible that they wanted Cloud back as DLC, but it was never said anywhere that it was the case.
I forgot, yeah you're right.

SE reps I want in order: Sephiroth > Geno > Sora > Lora Croft > Anybody else after them basically.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ive never enjoyed anything square has ever done outside of mario rpg so i dont really have a preference for sora over erdrick, especially when i dislike their source games equally as much lol. just give me geno, i dont wanna settle for a lesser of two bads or whatever
Same. I'd like Crono to come along with Geno (even though I haven't played Crono Trigger), but I need Geno.

I'd like Crono, and I need Geno.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman

I see. Thanks.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I don't care much for any SE rep in particular beyond Geno... and Crono. Crono would be sick, and if we couldn't get Geno, Crono is a perfectly fine alternative. Chrono Trigger is great.

Every other choice? Meh.

... except Slime. Slime a cute! :drshrug:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
When it comes to my perspective on Square characters, it's Geno, Sora and 2B for me. I guess I can give an honorable mention to Lara Croft, if just so we can get some more PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale jokes.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Damn I mean that still does seem like SE to me, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I suppose I'd prefer Sora over the other reps as far as the list goes aside from Geno obviously. I love Chrono Trigger but I never cared for Crono as a character. I'd much rather have Frog, Lucca, or Ayla. Though now that I think about it, I'd honestly prefer Riku to Sora but I know that's never gonna happen.

Laura Croft would actually be a pretty good pick though in my opinion.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
My main reason for wanting Sora over Erdrick is his Geno sized fanbase. At the end of the day, I want the most people to be hyped.

D

Deleted member

If we're being real.... Sora prolly has a larger fanbase over all. We really lack that casual support lol.
I'd honestly say that's debatable. Geno does have more requests for Smash than Sora, but yeah, maybe Sora has a larger presence among the casual audience.

Again though, Geno these days is popular with the casual audience too, especially with his strong social media presence.

I'd say Geno is more popular in the Smash community than Sora, and Sora is more popular with the casual audience than Geno. Still, both are close competitors in both ways

Last edited by a moderator:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

My List would be

Geno > Sora = Crono >> Sephiroth >> Erdrick = Slime > Luminary

Geno obviously is my most wanted.

Sora would make a ton of people happy, lots of my friends would go nuts and if I cant get Geno I'd want to see them happy, Plus KH in smash would be super hype and I can definitely get behind that even if it meant not getting Geno, it would still be hype.

Chrono is actually MY personal second (square rep) choice, but I feel like if I cant get Geno I'd rather a lot of people I know get Sora than me get my runner up, BUT Chrono would be slightly "cooler" to ME than Sora (I still really like Sora just more of a chrono trigger fan than KH fan) so because of that I rank chrono and sora equally as I'd probably be just as excited for either of them just for different reasons.

*Power Gap*

Sephiroth is cool and he's a classic gaming villain who'd be cool to see in smash but we already have a final fantasy 7 rep and I'd rather see some other square games in smash, as square has a lot more to offer than final fantasy 7. when spots on the roster are tight I gotta go with repping new games, but sephiroth is still cool and if we had lots of square reps coming i'd be very happy to see him, since we'll probably only get one more square rep at most i'd rather get some other games in smash. still a cool character who I like though, unfortunately competing with some of my favorites.

*Power Gap*

Erdrick and Slime are equal to me as both simply represent DQ and I just have very little personal attachment to the series and everyone I know who are into it are only casually into it. I like them both for different reasons, erdrick for having a classic akira toriyama "look" to him and slime for being a very unique design which could have a really unique moveset/play style for smash.

Luminary is only slightly less than the other DQ reps because I dont like his design as much, however since I already don't care too much for DQ I wouldn't be any less excited for him over the other ones really, but if I had to pick a DQ character for smash out of these three I'd choose one of the other two simply based on their designs.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Aside from Geno my most wanted SE rep would be Banjo-Kazooie from Final Fantasy VIII.5: Golden Jiggy Tactics Advanced for the N64
E4547DB7-4637-4C31-BE62-9918CADED9DE.png

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Geno
Neku > Sora > Crono > 2B > Sephiroth > Travelers from Octopath > Erdrick > Lara Croft > Agnes > Slime

Geno is in a class of his own. For me, obviously.

Also we're all hyped for Hollow Knight: Silksong I hope :p

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
Who is the character in your pfp again? Whoever it is, you sound like that character :laugh:
Hopefully I don't annoy some people since I believe this is the third time I've said it buttt Its CandyMan from Lethal League/Blaze So basically like a super happy cheerful dude yay :D
Also : Geno >>>>>>>> Neku > Sora > Crono > Lara > 2B > Erdrick = Slime > Sephiroth :)

D

Deleted member

Btw Geno >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crono >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Erdrick > Sephiroth >>>>> Sora >>>>>>>>>> Luminary >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Slime

EarlTamm EarlTamm I know you love them >'s

Hopefully I don't annoy some people since I believe this is the third time I've said it buttt Its CandyMan from Lethal League/Blaze So basically like a super happy cheerful dude yay :D
Also : Geno >>>>>>>> Neku > Sora > Crono > Lara > 2B > Erdrick = Slime > Sephiroth :)
Then, in that case, you sound like the CandyMan :)

ZelDan

Smash Master
would be cool = Geno, Crono, Sephiroth

Indifferent = Dragon Quest characters

Don't want = Sora

never played Kingdom Hearts, and don't really care for Sora's original design and always found it goofy (pun pretty much intended), and am not sure they'd go for his nicer KH3 design, so Sora would interest me the least TBH.

D

Deleted member

My List would be

Geno > Sora = Crono >> Sephiroth >> Erdrick = Slime > Luminary

Geno obviously is my most wanted.

Sora would make a ton of people happy, lots of my friends would go nuts and if I cant get Geno I'd want to see them happy, Plus KH in smash would be super hype and I can definitely get behind that even if it meant not getting Geno, it would still be hype.

Chrono is actually MY personal second choice, but I feel like if I cant get Geno I'd rather a lot of people I know get Sora than me get my runner up, BUT Chrono would be slightly "cooler" to ME than Sora (I still really like Sora just more of a chrono trigger fan than KH fan) so because of that I rank chrono and sora equally as I'd probably be just as excited for either of them just for different reasons.

*Power Gap*

Sephiroth is cool and he's a classic gaming villain who'd be cool to see in smash but we already have a final fantasy 7 rep and I'd rather see some other square games in smash, as square has a lot more to offer than final fantasy 7. when spots on the roster are tight I gotta go with repping new games, but sephiroth is still cool and if we had lots of square reps coming i'd be very happy to see him, since we'll probably only get one more square rep at most i'd rather get some other games in smash. still a cool character who I like though, unfortunately competing with some of my favorites.

*Power Gap*

Erdrick and Slime are equal to me as both simply represent DQ and I just have very little personal attachment to the series and everyone I know who are into it are only casually into it. I like them both for different reasons, erdrick for having a classic akira toriyama "look" to him and slime for being a very unique design which could have a really unique moveset/play style for smash.

Luminary is only slightly less than the other DQ reps because I dont like his design as much, however since I already don't care too much for DQ I wouldn't be any less excited for him over the other ones really, but if I had to pick a DQ character for smash out of these three I'd choose one of the other two simply based on their designs.
lmao our lists are very similar and some of the reasoning you stated for your rankings are similar to mine;

Geno Obviously would be my number one, I actually didn't grow up with SMRPG and didn't play it until last year but even though I didn't grow up with the game I kind of grew up with Geno outside of SMRPG. I remember when I was pretty young hearing about Geno and didn't really understand much about him until later when I was just getting into the Smash hype cycle 8-ish years ago and since then I grew up with Geno in a sense with him always being there . But not until last year have I really sunk my time into the game, I really enjoyed it and kept Geno in my party throughout the entire game.

let's take my experience with Geno out of the way at the very least I support him cause of the Community surrounding him is such a cool and kind community, People and I assume you as well have been rooting for Geno for about a Decade and that takes Dedication, I really respect that. So yeah Geno would be my number one.

My reasoning for putting Sora as my second is like yours, Some of my Friends really like KH and I think it would be awesome for them to get Sora in Smash if we can't get Geno. And also it's the same reasoning with why I support Isaac, There's a large fanbase for the character and I think the fanbase should get what they want and for them to be happy.

Chrono, I actually haven't played CT but it's a legendary SNES game that a ton of people would say is one of if not the best SNES RPG or game in general and for that I think Chrono would be cool to have in Smash. CT has a ton of fans I'm sure would love to have Chrono in Smash and again, if we can't get Geno I would be fine with Chrono instead.

Septhiroth, He's Iconic and insanely popular, to the point some would consider him Square's most iconic Villain and I honestly would not blame them for thinking that. He's a pretty cool character that if we can't get Geno I mean why not? He's Square's most Iconic villain but for me, he wouldn't exactly be hype. For all I said about how Iconic he is it isn't always about being Iconic and if it was we would've gotten a Tetris block in Smash a long time ago which while not a 1-1 comparison I just wouldn't be that hype for him to be honest and since we already have an FF7 rep I would rather see Smash rep new Games/Franchises before double dipping. especially since it's DLC for that matter.

Erdrick/Slime, these two are interchangeable for me as if we were to get a DQ rep these would be about the same level of Hype and both would be fine for the DQ rep as Erdrick is the most iconic Hero from the game and Slime is in every DQ game. I would prefer all of the above over these two and would rather have them first before a DQ rep. but if we were to get one these are practically the same in my eyes.

Luminary, this is the only one I would be annoyed about. If you were to get a DQ in smash choose one of the other two and not the one that only serves the purpose of Advertisement meanwhile the other two would be mainly in cause of the legacy DQ left on gaming. Plus Luminary is just a worse Erdrick pretty much. Sorry Luminary fans.

I mentioned how our lists were similar cause it was kind of funny and cool how our list were similar since you're one of my favorite Smashtubers/Youtubers in general. Keep up the good work on your videos btw!

Looma

Smash Journeyman
As far as the list is concerned
Geno > Crono >>>>> Uhhh... everyone else? Those other guys do NOTHING for me. I guess Sora would make a friend of mine unbelievably happy but I don't know how I feel about him myself.

SE in general?
Neku = Geno > Bub > Crono
I love my horrible delinquent children and cute dragons maaaan

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Geno (and the rest of the non-reappearing Mario RPG cast) and Bub/Bob are the only Square characters that I have any real attachment too.

However, there is no doubt to me that Square games are insanely popular, and would make many people happy should they get in.

I'm not opposed to any SE characters (unless there's some off the wall character that I don't know about), but if I had to pick anyone that's not Geno or Bub and Bob, it would probably go something like this. This list is based off of characters that I've either had the bare minimum of playing as, or how interested I am in the series/game they come from.

Neku>Octopath character>Sora>Terra>Almost any other Final Fantasy character>Slime>Everything else

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That situation that we're looking at is that if the character is indeed Erdrick, he was leaked almost a year before his actual announcement (if he's announced at E3), nevermind his actual release. Remember how in early January Sakurai said that Joker barely had a tangible form yet and how yesterday all we got was a character model and idle animation? Joker still isn't due out for another two months. Sakurai has stated that characters typically take ten months to a year to develop. This suggests that Joker started in June at the latest. Vergeben got his info in July. If Joker didn't have a tangible form outside of code up until about a month and a half ago, what could have possibly existed 7 months ago that someone aside from the key programmers could decipher and interpret as a particular character? Planning documents? The Gematsu leak was a painful lesson in how those can change dramatically. In this cycle, Inceniroar was the character that was leaked the earliest before their announcement and that was roughly a month after play testing had already started. The time span between leak and announcement? Roughly two months... It's a very strange situation overall.
Can you stop pulling bull**** out of your ass? And can people stop agreeing as if there's truth to this? Is this because you want to believe so desperately in favor of geno that you want to believe anything that gives something else less chance? There's some people who believe erdrick, but why do you take it to heart so hard that you get like this?

I'm ****ing tired of this ****, mainly because I like DQ, but also because I'm tired of people bandwagoning to something just because they want to believe it's real.

You keep saying it's been almost a year, when erdrick was mentioned 2 months ago! An SE rep was mention near summer, and that might've been when they started negotiations for a character, so they wouldn't have known who it was yet, and they didn't.
Like, for ****'s sake.
And I'm open to that there's some stuff I dont fully know. And if that's the case then show me something and back it up. But I'm really tempted to just bow out of this thread, cuz this is ridiculous. It' not worth the ounces of fun there can be around besides it.

D

Deleted member

Can you stop pulling bull**** out of your ***? And can people stop agreeing as if there's truth to this? Is this because you want to believe so desperately in favor of geno that you want to believe anything that gives something else less chance? There's some people who believe erdrick, but why do you take it to heart so hard that you get like this?

I'm ****ing tired of this ****, mainly because I like DQ, but also because I'm tired of people bandwagoning to something just because they want to believe it's real.

You keep saying it's been almost a year, when erdrick was mentioned 2 months ago! An SE rep was mention near summer, and that might've been when they started negotiations for a character, so they wouldn't have known who it was yet, and they didn't.
Like, for ****'s sake.
And I'm open to that there's some stuff I dont fully know. And if that's the case then show me something and back it up. But I'm really tempted to just bow out of this thread, cuz this is ridiculous. It' not worth the ounces of fun there can be around besides it.
Uh...what? I think you need to chill.

You are mistaken if you think he's doing this for ill intents or that he is getting angry. He's just relaying info to us and sharing his opinion about it.

He said himself that he fully acknowledges he could be wrong, and that he doesn't see how he is ruining anyone's fun or making anyone upset, which I agree with. Again, he's just sharing his opinions about the info, and I think you are taking it too personally.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Uh...what? I think you need to chill.

You are mistaken if you think he's doing this for ill intents or that he is getting angry. He's just relaying info to us and sharing his opinion about it.

He said himself that he fully acknowledges he could be wrong, and that he doesn't see how he is ruining anyone's fun or making anyone upset, which I agree with. Again, he's just sharing his opinions about the info, and I think you are taking it too personally.
Lots of times fatmanonice has said something, that i saw, there was always some bull**** that is either not true or doesn't make sense in the bigger picture of things. And lots of people latch onto it and dont even question it. I dont know where you got me saying anger from him. I'm the one who's pissed here. He's not making many people upset here because, i think, there's so many people desperate for what he seems to bring to the table that you dont even question it or see how much bs there is.

There's saying you could be wrong, and then there's actually having some ****in humility and stop being a **** even if you're not called out on it.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Also just feel like This should be pointed out...again...this is the GENO SUPPORT thread, you really expect us here not to view everything in a lens more hopeful for geno? Fatmanonice is of course, going to post things in his opinion that he feels work more in geno’s favor, and of course we’re all more likely to see things in the same favorable view, whether from leaked character stats and codenames, to all the constant references to smrpg by Nintendo lately.

If you want to have more general discussion and debate about the stuff, take it to the seven squares topic. Don’t piss on people’s hopes in the topic supporting the character.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Also just feel like This should be pointed out...again...this is the GENO SUPPORT thread, you really expect us here not to view everything in a lens more hopeful for geno? Fatmanonice is of course, going to post things in his opinion that he feels work more in geno’s favor, and of course we’re all more likely to see things in the same favorable view, whether from leaked character stats and codenames, to all the constant references to smrpg by Nintendo lately.

If you want to have more general discussion and debate about the stuff, take it to the seven squares topic. Don’t piss on people’s hopes in the topic supporting the character.
There's supporting your character and then there's being biased to the point that you let go of good sense and even not being considerate to the point of crapping at other things(well, characters) that dont have to do with geno, just to try to inch above and find some hope indirectly.

In my case im a fan of smrpg and dq, but if i have to cut my ties with this thread i'll do it, because it's not enjoyable to see **** like this.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Lots of times fatmanonice has said something, that i saw, there was always some bull**** that is either not true or doesn't make sense in the bigger picture of things. And lots of people latch onto it and dont even question it. I dont know where you got me saying anger from him. I'm the one who's pissed here. He's not making many people upset here because, i think, there's so many people desperate for what he seems to bring to the table that you dont even question it or see how much bs there is.

There's saying you could be wrong, and then there's actually having some ****in humility and stop being a **** just because you're not called out on it.
Dude, uh... There are presentable ways to argue that something is wrong, and then there is blowing up while hardly injecting all of your reasoning as to why. Debate is totally fine, but this kind of rage isn't. Please relax.

D

Deleted member

There's saying you could be wrong, and then there's actually having some ****in humility and stop being a **** just because you're not called out on it.
You seem to have completely ignored the part where I said that A) he isn't doing this for ill intents and B) he's simply sharing his opinion on the info.

He's allowed to have his doubts on Erdrick and believe Geno has a fair shot, so you don't really need to take this as a personal attack

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Can you stop pulling bull**** out of your ***? And can people stop agreeing as if there's truth to this? Is this because you want to believe so desperately in favor of geno that you want to believe anything that gives something else less chance? There's some people who believe erdrick, but why do you take it to heart so hard that you get like this?

Like, for ****'s sake.
Oof. You should probably get off the internet for the night, you seem a little fussy and you’re throwing a poopy diaper tantrum.

You’re also objectively wrong. Erdricks name was going around as far back as last August that I know of. Maybe not in the public arena yet, but in the inner circles.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Dude, uh... There are presentable ways to argue that something is wrong, and then there is blowing up while hardly injecting all of your reasoning as to why. Debate is totally fine, but this kind of rage isn't. Please relax.
No way, I want you all to know how much it urks me. Im not here to debate. I hate seeing bull**** like ive seen here. If you dont care, that's fine. If I see more like it, im outta here. simple as that.

You seem to have completely ignored the part where I said that A) he isn't doing this for ill intents and B) he's simply sharing his opinion on the info.

He's allowed to have his doubts on Erdrick and believe Geno has a fair shot, so you don't really need to take this as a personal attack
Ill intents dont matter. There's so many people out there that dont even realize how much they bull****. If this can somehow be a wake-up call to it, then good. If not, I expressed myself (including emotionally), and that's what my aim is right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom