• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Hi, yes, I look and talk exactly like my pfp

No questions please

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Oh I agree with the walking in eggshells thing. It took me a long time to gain the confidence to post on here/other social media since I was afraid of backlash, and tone is kinda hard to read as well when it's just text. Sometimes I have a really hard time telling if someone's joking or not. So I understand completely.
I third this. Honestly, I'm still this way. I've always been this way. I have an anxiety disorder along with Asperger's, though, so that's likely why. Haaa...

Honestly, many of us are probably in similar boats socially. You'd be surprised at how alike people can be, even in how different we all are.

D

Deleted member

This is the first social site I'm really active on, and, whenever I find a different site, I end up not being as active there because I always spend all my time here XD.

It's cause y'all are awesome. And thank you guys :)

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Man you went from a Ness/Lucas to a squirrel who murders people (I could be totally wrong since I know nothing about Conker)
You're actually sorta right. I mean he's murdered people that try to murder him, but off the top of my head the only time he took an innocent life was when he accidentally flipped a wrong switch and fried another squirrel who was sitting in an electric chair (an unintentional murder, however).

I can relate as well. Although I am quite active here now, this was the first social site I have really gotten into. Kinda avoided stuff like this for a while.
Yeah like I'm not afraid to voice my opinion, but I start to shutdown when people start aggressively coming at me.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
my pfp is my dnd character so im kinda curious how you guys think i sound/how you read my posts
Like sassy black lady Geno.

I third this. Honestly, I'm still this way. I've always been this way. I have an anxiety disorder along with Asperger's, though, so that's likely why. Haaa...

Honestly, many of us are probably in similar boats socially. You'd be surprised at how alike people can be, even in how different we all are.
This is the first social site I'm really active on, and, whenever I find a different site, I end up not being as active there because I always spend all my time here XD.

It's cause y'all are awesome. And thank you guys :)
Yeah, same.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I can relate as well. Although I am quite active here now, this was the first social site I have really gotten into. Kinda avoided stuff like this for a while.
I think what helped me gain the confidence was ironically me modding in LaxChris's discord server before inevitably bailing when I had enough of his ****. Don't regret it it though since it helped me find out about this place which is miles better.

As someone who skips rope with the ASD borderline I understand bud. I actually kinda find it comforting how similar we all can be despite us all appearing drastically different on the surface.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yes, I am indeed Saint Munchy in real life, ask me anything.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I have Aspergers and ADHD, so I agree with this statement wholeheartedly.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The thing about Vergeben is that he hasn't been right about anything major for months now, he heavily implied that he got most of his Smash info in like 2 or 3 interactions with his Smash source, and that the last interaction was shortly before the August Smash Direct, roughly when the first serious play tests of the game started. There's a number of issues with the age of the info being probably the most prominent one. He got the Square Enix character info late July it seems. Hitagi was the first one to stamp Dragon Quest on it in August and it's also notable that he ultimately retired because he claimed multiple people got fired for information he put out. Some people say he was leakbaited while others suggest it was a ruse because his info was actually right. We don't know but the more time passes the more questions it brings up.

How did the secret get out months before DLC was announced but Joker didn't? Why hasn't Square Enix ever seemed to care, especially when the datamine was blasted all over gaming news a month ago? There's a lot of questions and for all we know 3.0 might not even come with a new character announcement because multiple character announcements at E3 is pretty much standard. That means Vergeben's info could be close to a year old by the time a second character is revealed. Again, that brings up a lot of questions.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The thing about Vergeben is that he hasn't been right about anything major for months now, he heavily implied that he got most of his Smash info in like 2 or 3 interactions with his Smash source, and that the last interaction was shortly before the August Smash Direct, roughly when the first serious play tests of the game started. There's a number of issues with the age of the info being probably the most prominent one. He got the Square Enix character info late July it seems. Hitagi was the first one to stamp Dragon Quest on it in August and it's also notable that he ultimately retired because he claimed multiple people got fired for information he put out. Some people say he was leakbaited while others suggest it was a ruse because his info was actually right. We don't know but the more time passes the more questions it brings up.

How did the secret get out months before DLC was announced but Joker didn't? Why hasn't Square Enix ever seemed to care, especially when the datamine was blasted all over gaming news a month ago? There's a lot of questions and for all we know 3.0 might not even come with a new character announcement because multiple character announcements at E3 is pretty much standard. That means Vergeben's info could be close to a year old by the time a second character is revealed. Again, that brings up a lot of questions.
Hitagi was the first to mention DQ? Huh. Interesting.

I think multiple reveals at E3 is likely, but my gut tells me we're getting this next character before then. Either way, thanks for the info Fatman. Appreciate it!

Ovaltine

Smash Master

I'm of the camp that it's one of three things:

1) Erdrick was planned first before anyone else, perhaps even for base, and stuff just went weird and funny because of Square's demands and the other individuals involved,
2) He's blatant leak bait, or,
3) He (and she, in the case of Femdrick) is a Mii costume.

I think that applies to Steve, as well. Think about it: Steve was told to be 'in play testing' since around August, right? Noatesty later debunked that by saying only PP was a DLC character in testing. There was no mention of anything regarding Mii outfits. The information might have been right, but not interpreted correctly. I think the first option applies for Erdrick, but for Steve, it's likely option 3. It's the only way those claims would make sense without being completely contradictory. Seeing a Steve Mii costume in progress and tested is different from Steve himself being play tested.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is finally getting interesting instead of "IT'S ERDRICK IT'S ERDRICK IT'S ERDRICK ERDRICK ERDRICK"

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Honestly glad to be back in the Geno thread though.

1) Erdrick was planned first before anyone else, perhaps even for base, and stuff just went weird and funny because of Square's demands and the other individuals involved,

I think that applies to Steve, as well. Think about it: Steve was told to be 'in play testing' since around August, right? Noatesty later debunked that by saying only PP was a DLC character in testing. There was no mention of anything regarding Mii outfits. The information might have been right, but not interpreted correctly. I think the first option applies for Erdrick, but for Steve, it's likely option 3. It's the only way those claims would make sense without being completely contradictory. Seeing a Steve Mii costume in progress and tested is different from Steve himself being play tested.
I made a tinfoil hat prediction around Christmas time that the DQ characters were all Mii Costumes so I'd lose my mind if that turned out to be legit.

Also that's an interesting point about Steve. I could see him being a Mii costume while a different Microsoft character gets in.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly glad to be back in the Geno thread though.

I made a tinfoil hat prediction around Christmas time that the DQ characters were all Mii Costumes so I'd lose my mind if that turned out to be legit.

Also that's an interesting point about Steve. I could see him being a Mii costume while a different Microsoft character gets in.
It's GUH-HUHreat to see you back, chica! I missed your little Ninten face around here! :dr^_^:

... Wait. Huh?

I'm just trying to say GUH-HUHreat.

No, no... GUH-HUHreat!

... G r e a t?

... Okay. GUH-HUHreat!

Ah, forget it.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
My prediction is that the stage Builder will be Minecraft themed, or at least have cool, exclusive Minecraft skins/elements and that will drop in Update 3.0. There may be a Steve Mii Costume as well.

We can even take Verge into account and say you can put in... a ****ing enderdragon stage boss or some ****.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
It's GUH-HUHreat to see you back, chica! I missed your little Ninten face around here! :dr^_^:

... Wait. Huh?

I'm just trying to say GUH-HUHreat.

No, no... GUH-HUHreat!

... G r e a t?

... Okay. GUH-HUHreat!

Ah, forget it.
Heh, thanks! Kinda cool to know I wasn't forgotten.

Hmm... How about GUH-REAT!!

D

Deleted member

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

I think it's also fair to point out that when Erdrick was first ""leaked"" Hitagi (or someone else) had mentioned the Luminary as an alt costume for him. At the time this seemed reasonable and also a logical point for his inclusion because DQ11 was a new release. Since then people went all-in on Erdrick being Brave. The thing is though with Brave's height stat (and even his seemingly zoner qualities) that already called into question the validity of this. The only Erdrick that Brave could be is his kid/"chibi" version. Luminary doesn't have one of those. That alone made me question the initial leak and that was before Vergepocalypse from yesterday's direct.

It also never really seemed to make that much sense that people like Verge and Xenother were so 100% sure about Erdrick even though neither had said that they have seen any assets or anything as had happened with Piranha Plant and Ken. They were saying this all around the time that they were saying there was a list of 7 characters and that most were leakbait. All they had was confirmation from a "source" who seems to have fed them wrong information either knowingly or not. I've brought this aspect up numerous times, but really the fact that people didn't find that suspicious I have no idea.

I'm honestly leaning towards 2 for Erdrick.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I think it's also fair to point out that when Erdrick was first ""leaked"" Hitagi (or someone else) had mentioned the Luminary as an alt costume for him. At the time this seemed reasonable and also a logical point for his inclusion because DQ11 was a new release. Since then people went all-in on Erdrick being Brave. The thing is though with Brave's height stat (and even his seemingly zoner qualities) that already called into question the validity of this. The only Erdrick that Brave could be is his kid/"chibi" version. Luminary doesn't have one of those. That alone made me question the initial leak and that was before Vergepocalypse from yesterday's direct.

It also never really seemed to make that much sense that people like Verge and Xenother were so 100% sure about Erdrick even though neither had said that they have seen any assets or anything as had happened with Piranha Plant and Ken. They were saying this all around the time that they were saying there was a list of 7 characters and that most were leakbait. All they had was confirmation from a "source" who seems to have fed them wrong information either knowingly or not. I've brought this aspect up numerous times, but really the fact that people didn't find that suspicious I have no idea.

I'm honestly leaning towards 2 for Erdrick.
Erdrick would be really effective leak bait to be honest. He was someone hardly anyone was talking about, but seemed to make sense for Square to push.

D

Deleted member

I think if the Square rep isn't Erdrick, it's going to be either Geno or Sora if Erdrick is just leakbait.
Who knows, if leakbait is being used, we may end up getting both of them, since they both were told to Verge as "not in the game" (Sora was told to Verge as not in the game, and Verge was told Geno is leakbait).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Who knows, if leakbait is being used, we may end up getting both of them, since they both were told to Verge as "not in the game" (Sora was told to Verge as not in the game, and Verge was told Geno is leakbait).
Seeing that SE wanted Cloud to be DLC again, It wouldn't surprise me if they got Nintendo on the hook to get them 2 fighters in the Season Pass since they allowed Cloud to be in the base game for ''Everyone Is Here!''.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Or neither of them. If leakbait is involved, any of this can be wrong. I still expect a Square rep due to trends, but things are much more uncertain.

D

Deleted member

Or neither of them. If leakbait is involved, any of this can be wrong. I still expect a Square rep due to trends, but things are much more uncertain.
That's the thing though. If leakbait is being used, what would be being used as leakbait is the info that Geno and Sora are not in the game. If these two aren't in the game, then I don't think leakbait is being used.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's the thing though. If leakbait is being used, what would be being used as leakbait is the info that Geno and Sora are not in the game. If these two aren't in the game, then I don't think leakbait is being used.
So what, leakbaitception?

Btw, Happy Valentine's day everyone! I can't recall if anyone has said it in this thread yet, so I figured it was worth saying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So what, leakbaitception?

Btw, Happy Valentine's day everyone! I can't recall if anyone has said it in this thread yet, so I figured it was worth saying.
Happy Valentine's day to you too, Earl :)

And yes, my theory is that rumored leakbait would be used as leakbait :laugh:

Monokarhu

Smash Cadet
Y'all ain't looking at the big picture. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers is going to be released this summer. It features a new class called Gunbreaker that uses Gunblades as weapons. Who's the most iconic Gunblade user of them all?

That's right: Squall Leonhart storms into battle!

(Featuring two tracks from FF8.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'all ain't looking at the big picture. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers is going to be released this summer. It features a new class called Gunbreaker that uses Gunblades as weapons. Who's the most iconic Gunblade user of them all?

That's right: Squall Leonhart storms into battle!

(Featuring two tracks from FF8.)
Your profile pic is the best thing ever

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
That's strange. I don't remember "The Mystery of the Missing Erdrick" being announced yesterday...

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Remember, Leakbait is supposed to throw off people without telling the truth, it's about finding out leakers within the team and therefore firing them. SE has been good keeping secrets, as that's a known thing, they wouldn't just give away something big like that. Again, leakbait is for misleading, not for guiding people to find out the truth, therefore, DQ getting the most focus (3 names and reaching most ears within leakers) as leakbait in the list has ALWAYS made it to me the least likely scenario. Everytime people repeated how sure they feel about Erdrick, I wonder if they are forgetting we are dealing with a freaking leakbait list, not a list of a possible character. For all we know, the entire list could be (and most likely is) fake names if they don't want to give away a real character to begin with and they just want to fire bad employees. Truth be told, no leaker has legit leaked anything DLC related, and no, piranha plant doesn't count because that was base content delayed so it's base content that could've been leaked either way the time it happened.

This is finally getting interesting instead of "IT'S ERDRICK IT'S ERDRICK IT'S ERDRICK ERDRICK ERDRICK"
Yeah, it's been annoying and boring as hell as it is, specially when there is literally nothing considerably solid as evidence that it is the case. Being his name the most heard absolutely means nothing, if anything, just good leakbait reaching many ears, because it comes from a freaking leakbait list after all, lol.

My prediction is that the stage Builder will be Minecraft themed, or at least have cool, exclusive Minecraft skins/elements and that will drop in Update 3.0. There may be a Steve Mii Costume as well.

We can even take Verge into account and say you can put in... a ****ing enderdragon stage boss or some ****.
If there is ever truly any minecraft content in smash, THIS definitely makes the most sense. It's even better rather than Steve being an actual playable character, as a stage builder and a mii costume (let's consider it a "skin" because that's what it is anyway canon-wise) would represent Minecraft more accurately and even feel like a more unique treatment to the franchise, imo.

I'm still doubting heavily anything minecraft, simply because any real leaks so far never took this long to be confirmed, they were all confirmed within very few months. The minecraft content + star fox grand prix + SE character, having been "worst kept secrets" since freaking mid year of 2018 and still have not been confirmed whatsoever… and we're like…already reaching 3.0 update? yeah… it's just natural to begin to realize or think that they could all be just BS that were fed to the leakers, because that's a thing that totally happens every now and then, after all.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

My hopes for missing Mii costumes to become actually playable remains, such as Geno and Lloyd (or Yuri, whatever…literally the best next thing Namco can do is to put a Tales of rep, it's been long due, lol) , and both make perfect sense since they have been already acknowledged as big fan wishes already on Smash 4, it's definitely not wrong to expect and wish that they come back if "Everyone is here" is true after all...

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That situation that we're looking at is that if the character is indeed Erdrick, he was leaked almost a year before his actual announcement (if he's announced at E3), nevermind his actual release. Remember how in early January Sakurai said that Joker barely had a tangible form yet and how yesterday all we got was a character model and idle animation? Joker still isn't due out for another two months. Sakurai has stated that characters typically take ten months to a year to develop. This suggests that Joker started in June at the latest. Vergeben got his info in July. If Joker didn't have a tangible form outside of code up until about a month and a half ago, what could have possibly existed 7 months ago that someone aside from the key programmers could decipher and interpret as a particular character? Planning documents? The Gematsu leak was a painful lesson in how those can change dramatically. In this cycle, Inceniroar was the character that was leaked the earliest before their announcement and that was roughly a month after play testing had already started. The time span between leak and announcement? Roughly two months... It's a very strange situation overall.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

You missed !

Well, I was going to open this treasure chest on page 777, but it appears I was too late and my luck just ran out. I opened it in page 780. Thanks a lot, and I was close to getting a Red Essence...

D

Deleted member

Remember, Leakbait is supposed to throw off people without telling the truth, it's about finding out leakers within the team and therefore firing them. SE has been good keeping secrets, as that's a known thing, they wouldn't just give away something big like that. Again, leakbait is for misleading, not for guiding people to find out the truth, therefore, DQ getting the most focus (3 names and reaching most ears within leakers) as leakbait in the list has ALWAYS made it to me the least likely scenario. Everytime people repeated how sure they feel about Erdrick, I wonder if they are forgetting we are dealing with a freaking leakbait list, not a list of a possible character. For all we know, the entire list could be (and most likely is) fake names if they don't want to give away a real character to begin with and they just want to fire bad employees. Truth be told, no leaker has legit leaked anything DLC related, and no, piranha plant doesn't count because that was base content delayed so it's base content that could've been leaked either way the time it happened.

Yeah, it's been annoying and boring as hell as it is, specially when there is literally nothing considerably solid as evidence that it is the case. Being his name the most heard absolutely means nothing, if anything, just good leakbait reaching many ears, because it comes from a freaking leakbait list after all, lol.

If there is ever truly any minecraft content in smash, THIS definitely makes the most sense. It's even better rather than Steve being an actual playable character, as a stage builder and a mii costume (let's consider it a "skin" because that's what it is anyway canon-wise) would represent Minecraft more accurately and even feel like a more unique treatment to the franchise, imo.

I'm still doubting heavily anything minecraft, simply because any real leaks so far never took this long to be confirmed, they were all confirmed within very few months. The minecraft content + star fox grand prix + SE character, having been "worst kept secrets" since freaking mid year of 2018 and still have not been confirmed whatsoever… and we're like…already reaching 3.0 update? yeah… it's just natural to begin to realize or think that they could all be just BS that were fed to the leakers, because that's a thing that totally happens every now and then, after all.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

My hopes for missing Mii costumes to become actually playable remains, such as Geno and Lloyd (or Yuri, whatever…literally the best next thing Namco can do is to put a Tales of rep, it's been long due, lol) , and both make perfect sense since they have been already acknowledged as big fan wishes already on Smash 4, it's definitely not wrong to expect and wish that they come back if "Everyone is here" is true after all...
I agree.

It's not just that people forget leakbait is a possibility too. If you even bring up the possibility of Erdrick being leakbait, you'll often get made fun of and not get any actual valid counterarguments, which is telling on how close minded people can be sometimes lol.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'd much rather have Sora over Erdrick
Hard disagree. Dragon Quest is honestly the more interesting and overall significant series to represent in Smash the more I look at it. Plus I want all the big NES third party IPs to be there alongside the Nintendo characters and Dragon Quest/Ninja Gaiden are the final big two I can really think about.

Also, my problem with people bringing up leakbait is that it’s a conversational dead end. Until we can get a confirmation of such a thing (like we did with the Star Fox Grand Prix and Polar’s Comments), it’s just a “I think this character is” vs whatever the other side says. And all characters are reasonable to use as leakbait so nobody gets to be wrong or right, and the conversations always stall at that with more personal biases coming into play at that point.

Sora, Erdrick, and Geno are all Prime leakbait if Sakurai and Nintendo are doing leakbait, which we really don’t know if they’re doing it with Smash or not, and may never know.

I don’t know, it just always feels like such a dead end that I don’t personally enjoy taking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom