• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I love seeing "leakers" having to close their Twitter accounts and go into hiding when they get caught in a lie. :4bowserjr:

D

Deleted member

I was scrolling through Twitter and I found this really cool Geno Model. Can't wait for people to pass it off as a "Leaked Render" :4pacman:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Now I want a fighting game crossover between classic cartoon characters
Popeye has been in MUGEN for ages and it was actually what convinced me to make a YouTube account back in 2006. The Popeye you see in this video was made from the ground up by a loyal fan and it's so good conceptually. It makes me hope Popeye is in a real fighting game someday.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Not true. He's gone on record to state that he's leaning towards Erdrick since that post. He's mainly saying he can vouch for Xenother's information and that he thinks it could be Erdrick. He's not 100% positive yet, nor is Vergeben. Tansut, however, is positive about Erdrick.
My mistake but still I definitely think his source at the least has mentioned Erdrick if Polar can vouch for Xenother.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My mistake but still I definitely think his source at the least has mentioned Erdrick if Polar can vouch for Xenother.
Possibly, but I believe Polar wanted proof from Xenother that his source is legitimate. There was a bit of a tiff in the thread when Xenother first came around. I think that's why Polar trusts the Erdrick claim, even if it came from Xeno's source rather than his own. They've got a rapport going on, y'know?

Not saying that I'm doubting the Erdrick claims, but just setting things a little more straight. I think we're definitely getting Erdrick, honestly.

D

Deleted member

The Update's gonna go live in about 10 minutes it's gonna be interesting to see what happens. Imagine if they slipped up so bad they accidentally out Geno in the game and then took him out 5 minutes later that would be both hilarious and hype.

link2702

Smash Champion
So here’s a crazy thought, seeing as Nintendo knows dataminers are watching, wouldn’t it be kinda funny if Nintendo put a “secret” message in the code, basically telling the dataminers there won’t be any obvious hints in here?

I mean it would also suck because then we couldn’t even really speculate anymore. Still it’d be kinda neat to see Nintendo pull a joke like that.

ZelDan

Smash Master
After everyone has been hyping themselves over this update, this is what we get:

"UPDATE: Now we added Nabbit and Peachette spirits from NSMBU Deluxe to the game!"

D

Deleted member

After everyone has been hyping themselves over this update, this is what we get:

"UPDATE: Now we added Nabbit and Peachette spirits from NSMBU Deluxe to the game!"
Lmao this is so true and it sucks so bad

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Kind of odd that we get such a huge version jump and there seems to be a lot of nothing involved. Looks like I was right that it's likely just a bunch of backend stuff.

Wonder what will be found in any datamines, though...

D

Deleted member

Kind of odd that we get such a huge version jump and there seems to be a lot of nothing involved. Looks like I was right that it's likely just a bunch of backend stuff.

Wonder what will be found in any datamines, though...
Same. I think there could be spirits or another codename.

D

Deleted member

I'm hearing a lot of talk about P-Plant being out? Anyone know anything about that or is that just a rumor?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Apparently, DLC (a.k.a Plant so far) can be used in WoL, just not with any unlock battles? According to someone in the social thread, at least.

If that's the case, uh... that sounds pretty bad for Geno. Maybe spirits really do deconfirm...?

D

Deleted member

Apparently, DLC (a.k.a Plant so far) can be used in WoL, just not with any unlock battles? According to someone in the social thread, at least.

If that's the case, uh... that sounds pretty bad for Geno. Maybe spirits really do deconfirm...?
How would it mean that spirits deconfirm? Cause there are characters playable in the base game who don't have non-fighter spirits, so I don't know how it would change anything

Ovaltine

Smash Master
How would it mean that spirits deconfirm? Cause there are characters playable in the base game who don't have non-fighter spirits, so I don't know how it would change anything
The fact that Geno has a fight in WoL alone is kinda telling to me. Would they really allow Geno as DLC and allow you to fight Geno... as Geno...?

I mean, I guess it kind of is allowed already with the non-fighter spirits + their playable counterparts. I dunno. Does Classic Pit have a WoL fight?

D

Deleted member

The fact that Geno has a fight in WoL alone is kinda telling to me. Would they really allow Geno as DLC and allow you to fight Geno... as Geno...?

I mean, I guess it kind of is allowed already with the non-fighter spirits + their playable counterparts. I dunno. Does Classic Pit have a WoL fight?
I'm not sure if Classic Pit does, but Link (The Legend of Zelda) does

Edit: And Kaptain K Rool and Super Sonic

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Kaptain. K. Roll can be fought a s King K. Rool, so no.
Fair enough. I'd still take this as something to keep in mind, though. It definitely makes me more sure in my theory that Geno won't be in the first DLC wave, at least.

We'll just have to wait and see.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I'm calling Brave as Sora, btw. I really hope it isn't Erdrick or Steve.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still believe that spirits don't deconfirm unless Sakurai/Nintendo say that spirits can't be DLC fighters

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I'm confused; so you can't use DLC to unlock other characters in WoL? (dang that's strange)

I don't get how that disconfirms characters who are Spirits.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's a pretty neat Reference! It's kinda funny yet sad how much love and References SMRPG gets yet Geno isn't in Smash. There is more love towards SMRPG which is a single game than some other unrepresented franchises like Rhythm Heaven which isn't a bad thing it's just Sad how much love SMRPG gets yet it doesn't have Geno Playable.

D

Deleted member

Megasmilax is mentioned by Viridi in Plant's Guidance.

I honestly can't tell if this is all hinting at Geno being in or if there are SMRPG references to soften the blow of Geno not being in.

I severely hope it's the former

Edit: 700 PAGES!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
I don't know if anyone's seen it or not yet, but one of Piranha Plant's victory screens involves biting Mario. It is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom