• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Here’s another thing why brave isn’t chibi eddy

Sakurai goes for the more recognizable and popular designs like oot :ultganondorf: and classic designs like :ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultkrool:And even:ultpacman:

And speaking of :ultpacman: sakurai stated pac man would have been cut if bamco rejected the classic design
https://www.thetanooki.com/2015/06/...smash-bros-if-old-school-design-was-rejected/

So adult eddy it is

Btw I don’t think eddy is in due to polar panda saying he netural with him because his source didn’t say his name and how he said no one knows about dlc so yeah

dalolman

Smash Cadet
See? I'm telling you guys Ultimate is just Melee 2
No, Project Ultimate is gonna be Melee 2.
Honestly I think it's kind of disrespectful to the devs to make Project Ultimate, they worked hard on Ultimate, and it hasn't been out for long, either. Announcing development on Project Ultimate this early makes it sound like the person/people developing it are not happy with the game/just want Melee back.

D

Deleted member

No, Project Ultimate is gonna be Melee 2.
Honestly I think it's kind of disrespectful to the devs to make Project Ultimate, they worked hard on Ultimate, and it hasn't been out for long, either. Announcing development on Project Ultimate this early makes it sound like the person/people developing it are not happy with the game/just want Melee back.
Melee fans gonna Play Melee. but from my knowledge Competitive Melee players really Like Ultimate look at the Competitive player Mang0 for example he is one of the best Fox/Falco players in Melee yet plays Ultimate on a regular basis on his streams and is attending a big Tournament for both Melee and Ultimate. then there's also Leffen, Armada, Plup, M2k, Hbox etc. Melee fans are gonna play Melee but they also like Ultimate which is why Project Ultimate is a weird thing it just seems to come off as Attention-****ish.

D

Deleted member

Hey Geno members! Is anyone expecting Free Echos to come around every now and then or strictly new fighters? Maybe Jeanne or Balder.
I'm not particularly expecting them, but I would really love it. I would love an echo pass, separate from the fighter pass

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Here’s another thing why brave isn’t chibi eddy

Sakurai goes for the more recognizable and popular designs like oot :ultganondorf: and classic designs like :ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultkrool:And even:ultpacman:

And speaking of :ultpacman: sakurai stated pac man would have been cut if bamco rejected the classic design
https://www.thetanooki.com/2015/06/...smash-bros-if-old-school-design-was-rejected/

So adult eddy it is

Btw I don’t think eddy is in due to polar panda saying he netural with him because his source didn’t say his name and how he said no one knows about dlc so yeah

Polar said he's in on Erdrick.

Attachments

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I can imagine, lol. Funnily enough, I played Melee long before I got the chance to play any of the Mother games, so I didn't even know what Fourside was when I first saw it. I just loved it immediately because I'm a sucker for nighttime cityscapes, I guess. You can imagine how uproarious I was when I finally saw it brought back in glorious HD.
Now we just need Poke Floats to find its way into this game, and then my 8-year-old self will finally be able to relive the Melee days in their full glory.
Poké Floats is like the last piece of Melee that needs to be in Ultimate.
If Hanenbow, my favorite stage in Brawl, can come back, so can Poké Floats.

There's 108 confirmed stages, so that means the 109th (bottom right) slot is for either future stages or stage builder. It can't just be left blank.

D

Deleted member

Hey Geno members! Is anyone expecting Free Echos to come around every now and then or strictly new fighters? Maybe Jeanne or Balder.
I wish but I kind of doubt it to be honest. It seems unlikely that we're getting brand new fighters past the Fighters pass and I'm Sure if Sakurai had the time he would focus on like seven or eight Brand new fighters rather than 16 Echos or so, so I'm not too sure. Maybe but it depends entirely on the way they want to do DLC this time around.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Polar said he's in on Erdrick.
Not true. He's gone on record to state that he's leaning towards Erdrick since that post. He's mainly saying he can vouch for Xenother's information and that he thinks it could be Erdrick. He's not 100% positive yet, nor is Vergeben. Tansut, however, is positive about Erdrick.

domriver

Smash Lord
Not true. He's gone on record to state that he's leaning towards Erdrick since that post. He's mainly saying he can vouch for Xenother's information and that he thinks it could be Erdrick. He's not 100% positive yet, nor is Vergeben. Tansut, however, is positive about Erdrick.
Watch it be Grinch Leak 2.0. Everyone is sooo sure its this and POOF! Ta -Da! Its *insert a character you didnt expect* :p

D

Deleted member

Quick Question, What time is the Update supposed to come out?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

At 8 EST, meaning in another hour and a half. Keep your expectations tempered; I don't expect anything beyond interesting stuff to datamine.
Thanks! I was about to do a write-up on it but since it's so close I'm considering not to do one now. I was just making sure if I had time to do it and if I should, I do agree though about keeping our expectations down since if there was something big coming they would've at least announced such on Twitter.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Thanks! I was about to do a write-up on it but since it's so close I'm considering not to do one now. I was just making sure if I had time to do it and if I should, I do agree though about keeping our expectations down since if there was something big coming they would've at least announced such on Twitter.
Yeah, if I had to make a guess, it's likely a lot of backend overhauling or something to make the game (and its online, hopefully) more stable, as well as adding more stuff for PP in advance for its release.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, if I had to make a guess, it's likely a lot of backend overhauling or something to make the game (and its online, hopefully) more stable, as well as adding more stuff for PP in advance for its release.
Hopefully, The lag when I play online is ridiculous to the point I have to check the Wifi every two or so matches. Hopefully there's stuff to datamine though since Speculation is kind of dead in the water right now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hopefully, The lag when I play online is ridiculous to the point I have to check the Wifi every two or so matches. Hopefully there's stuff to datamine though since Speculation is kind of dead in the water right now.
There will be something to datamine. Whether or not it has any new information on Brave and Jack is a different story. Or for that matter, more placeholder names. Imagine if we got more than 3 extra(which would be the Fighter's Pass characters). Separate Echo characters would be amazing.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
There will be something to datamine. Whether or not it has any new information on Brave and Jack is a different story. Or for that matter, more placeholder names. Imagine if we got more than 3 extra(which would be the Fighter's Pass characters). Separate Echo characters would be amazing.
M- Maybe... My boy Shadow would have another chance... :sadeyes:

ZelDan

Smash Master
The lag isn't that bad for me TBH. Most matches are generally okay (am I am on wifi). I mostly get the type of matches I want too. Probably get them 97% of the time (the 3% I don't are still frustrating as **** though).

What I want fixed with the online is character switching. We can't do it at all during quickplay and you get sent to the back of a queue in battle arenas if you you it there. Seriously why is character switching so taboo?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The lag isn't that bad for me TBH. Most matches are generally okay (am I am on wifi). I mostly get the type of matches I want too. Probably get them 97% of the time (the 3% I don't are still frustrating as **** though).

What I want fixed with the online is character switching. We can't do it at all during quickplay and you get sent to the back of a queue in battle arenas if you you it there. Seriously why is character switching so taboo?
Don't... Don't you mean character switching is so Tabuu?

I am ashamed. I am very ashamed.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Hi, I haven't said anything here in a while. I still want Geno to be in and I still think he might be. I hope Brave isn't Erdrick, and think there's a non-zero chance that it isn't Erdrick. Have I missed anything important?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Speaking of Tabuu, I would actually love him to be a DLC fighter.
My god, I don't know how that madman Sakurai would be able to do it, but I'd love to see if he could. I freaking love Tabuu and that would make my Brawl nostalgia go haywire.

Is it verified that that person is actually our PolarPanda PolarPanda PolarPanda PolarPanda ? And that xenother post looks to be hella old, considering it references Jump Festa still being an upcoming event.
Yeah, that is, indeed, our very same Polar.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hi, I haven't said anything here in a while. I still want Geno to be in and I still think he might be. I hope Brave isn't Erdrick, and think there's a non-zero chance that it isn't Erdrick. Have I missed anything important?
Not really. We're just now waiting on update Ver. 2.0.0 to see if stats change for Brave or if new new codenames appear in the files.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I just want Tabuu back as a boss. Master Fortress too because it looked cool but I didn’t play 4 long enough to actually fight it.

D

Deleted member

I just want Tabuu back as a boss. Master Fortress too because it looked cool but I didn’t play 4 long enough to actually fight it.
Seeing how wonderfully animated Galleom is as a boss, I would love to see how the other Brawl bosses would animate now

Master Fortress is eh though. It's less a boss and more a labyrinth that's more tedious to complete than Melee's Race to the Finish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
All the Brawl bosses can come back. At worst, just don't allow Ridley to fight Ridley and Meta-Ridley.

Unless you want a Ridleyception.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
All the Brawl bosses can come back. At worst, just don't allow Ridley to fight Ridley and Meta-Ridley.

Unless you want a Ridleyception.
I don't think they'd be overly concerned about that. :ultchrom: Besides, I'd appreciate a literal re-enactment of the "too big!" debates.

At the very least Rayquaza could come back, if only to give OR/AS some sort of acknowledgement.

The Three Ridley Tiers
A Ridley to the Past
Ridley Me This
Daisy Ridley
...Wait.
Okay, just hear me out.

Add Pyrosphere Ridley into that pile.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
My god, I don't know how that madman Sakurai would be able to do it, but I'd love to see if he could. I freaking love Tabuu and that would make my Brawl nostalgia go haywire.
I actually thought Tabuu was an unlockable character back in Brawl. After I beat him in Subspace, I thought he'd be in my character select screen and he wasn't... I was disappointed, but hey, that's okay! I mean, it's like asking for Ridley to be in Smash-- oh wait a minute...

If Ridley can happen, so can Tabuu. :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think they'd be overly concerned about that. :ultchrom: Besides, I'd appreciate a literal re-enactment of the "too big!" debates.

At the very least Rayquaza could come back, if only to give OR/AS some sort of acknowledgement.
Have him turn into Mega Rayquaza halfway.

I was also somewhat joking, though I guess saying Ridleyception wasn't clear as a "joke". My bad.

Okay, just hear me out.

Add Pyrosphere Ridley into that pile.
That's not an actual pun on movie titles or some kind of wordplay, though?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I actually thought Tabuu was an unlockable character back in Brawl. After I beat him in Subspace, I thought he'd be in my character select screen and he wasn't... I was disappointed, but hey, that's okay! I mean, it's like asking for Ridley to be in Smash-- oh wait a minute...

If Ridley can happen, so can Tabuu. :)
Well, OP final bosses don't necessarily become playable in the game they debut in, just ask any Goro and Shang Tsung fan.

Have him turn into Mega Rayquaza halfway.

I was also somewhat joking, though I guess saying Ridleyception wasn't clear as a "joke". My bad.

That's not an actual pun on movie titles or some kind of wordplay, though?
I'm just saying...why have 3 Ridleys when you can have 4?

Also, Stolen Ridley 3. In which Ridley has an Austrian accent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom