• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klimax

Smash Ace
That's interesting. I was going through the old Geno thread for Smash 4 and I found this

View attachment 157721

Apparently a Nintendo Artist drew a picture of Geno in 2015.

Anyone know anything about that?
I didn't know at all, where did you find this ? Is this official ? I never heard about it

EDIT: I made a quick research and i found that the 2015 picture (https://smashboards.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2F33.media.tumblr.com%2F65cfa74c2639c997d551978c271d9ff1%2Ftumblr_nslc8w4yWV1s4jsnro1_1280.gif&hash=f713b41e5fd5b7fbf9a885d999bab93c) was first posted here on april 7th 2015 (https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...-gotta-do-their-part-vote-geno.324253/page-90)

The guy who posted the message said this:
this was posted by an Artist and Animator at Nintendo, she said something on her post:
"Super Mario RPG has been a topic lately at the studio so Geno felt right to draw :) "

And here's the tumblr of the artist: https://lazuliro.tumblr.com/

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I wouldn't get my hopes up for Nintendo outright buying the rights to SMRPG but I do think that since Square created a division specifically for Switch games, we have a strong possibility of getting either a remake or a sequel. Again... not getting my hopes up for it or anything but boy would I like to!
Be still my heart....

That's interesting. I was going through the old Geno thread for Smash 4 and I found this

View attachment 157721

I SAID BE STILL DAMMIT!!!

I really do believe that if Geno makes it into Smash, we will see another SMRPG game where he and Mallow appear. Hopefully as playable.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The eternal question: Mallow as an assist trophy or as part of Geno's final Smash? I hope he's acknowledged more than just a trophy or collectible.
I kinda always imagined Geno's final smash would be Geno Flash or something which doesn't involve Mallow, so maybe as an assist?
But who knows

max_0888

Smash Cadet
I'm all for Geno in Smash! I sincerely believe he has a shot. Hopefully this will boost Mario RPG'S popularity. We need music from the game and a stage too.

I always preferred Mallow in the game, but Geno is great too and has way more of a shot to be included. Mallow needs to be in the game though. As an assist trophy or in Geno's Final Smash!

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
The eternal question: Mallow as an assist trophy or as part of Geno's final Smash? I hope he's acknowledged more than just a trophy or collectible.
If Geno is in, you've got to have Mallow! So the whole party is represented. Mallow's assist trophy will benefit the user with HP Rain, and the opponents will be hit with Thunderbolt.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
I didn't know at all, where did you find this ? Is this official ? I never heard about it

EDIT: I made a quick research and i found that the 2015 picture (https://smashboards.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2F33.media.tumblr.com%2F65cfa74c2639c997d551978c271d9ff1%2Ftumblr_nslc8w4yWV1s4jsnro1_1280.gif&hash=f713b41e5fd5b7fbf9a885d999bab93c) was first posted here on april 7th 2015 (https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-geno4smash-everyones-gotta-do-their-part-vote-geno.324253/page-90)

The guy who posted the message said this:
this was posted by an Artist and Animator at Nintendo, she said something on her post:
"Super Mario RPG has been a topic lately at the studio so Geno felt right to draw :) "

And here's the tumblr of the artist: https://lazuliro.tumblr.com/
That's after the ballot was underway. Interesting.

TBone06

Smash Ace
If Geno is in, you've got to have Mallow! So the whole party is represented. Mallow's assist trophy will benefit the user with HP Rain, and the opponents will be hit with Thunderbolt.
I think if Richter and Alucard’s addition on top of Simon says anything it’s that Sakurai is willing to go all in to show off a franchise. I wouldn’t be surprised at all with Mallow’s representation if/when Geno is included.

domriver

Smash Lord
Honestly, the only thing that can top Geno in Smash for me is Nintendo coming out and saying "By the way, we own Geno and Mallow now".

I would die if they could join the spinoff games.
Been waiting for that many many years already. :( Hopefully something will happen soon.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for Nintendo outright buying the rights to SMRPG but I do think that since Square created a division specifically for Switch games, we have a strong possibility of getting either a remake or a sequel. Again... not getting my hopes up for it or anything but boy would I like to!
SMRPG2: Smithys Revenge or something jejejje :D

I haven't played Mario RPG and am not generally interested by his design, but I just wanted to pop in to say I think he's got good odds judging by Sakurai seemingly taking fan requests in this one. Hope you guys get your boy.
Thank you for your support.

Heyyo. A fellow Isaac supporter here.

After a couple of days, I might've realized that the most likely newcomers would be Isaac, Skull Kid, and Geno.

Though, I think Sakurai would save him for the last character, since that would end the character reveals with a bang.

Let us just hope he gets in. Good luck. You'll need it.
Your support is appreciated. Hope Isaac joins the battle as well!

gebi

Cloud Prince
I really hope his specials make the same sound effect as they did in LOTSS with Geno beam and Geno whirl. that would be perfect. Imagine if his final smash (Whether its Geno Flash or Geno Blast) does damage output depending on how long you hold the Y button like in LOTSS complete with the red stars filling up at the bottom. That would be pure beauty. I am not sure if such a thing would fit with the new final smash format. Actually do we know if Bayonetta still has the same FS where she has to fill up the bar to max out the damage? If so then it proves its possible.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Why would he be part of Geno's Final Smash? There's not really a move in LOTSS that has Geno and Mallow doing anything together. Geno's Final Smash would definitely just be Geno Flash, since that's what makes by far the most sense.

As for Mallow, I'd love to see him as an Assist Trophy. Make him kind of like a Pokemon, where every time he's summoned, he does his standard casting animation where he jumps out of his pants for a moment and then casts a spell. Make it random - maybe it's Thunderstorm once or maybe it's HP Rain or maybe it's Psychic (would be interesting to see how that works out in Smash, actually).

-Coco-

Smash Ace
I’ll be honest, I’ve had a good feeling since the direct, but this definitely sticks out to me since the art’s From 2015.
I can't find it on the artist's blog though. I wonder why that is?

I found it but it's no longer there. What do you guys think?

Attachments

Last edited:

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I can't find it on the artist's blog though. I wonder why that is?

I found it but it's no longer there. What do you guys think?
Pretty sweet. Maybe the topic of Geno came up around the time of Smash Ultimate's roster decisions being planned.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm going to add a second category of supporters called "Legacy Supporters" which are old supporters that haven't posted in this current thread. I'll tag them and see if they want to be transferred to the normal support list.

Also, interestingly, I noticed there are supporters in other sections of the site that haven't posted in this thread. I should ask if any of them want to be added

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think I'm going to add a second category of supporters called "Legacy Supporters" which are old supporters that haven't posted in this current thread. I'll tag them and see if they want to be transferred to the normal support list.

Also, interestingly, I noticed there are supporters in other sections of the site that haven't posted in this thread. I should ask if any of them want to be added
That would be neat. And yeah, I have seen other people who have noted their support for Geno, yet I have never seen them on this thread.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's going to take a while to make that because I didn't really have a support list. Like 10 people one day said I should make a support list so I did and just never updated it. So I'll have to go through every page of the thread. Maybe I'll ask some people from the Brawl thread as well, but that one is 800 pages or something crazy like that. The person in charge of the Brawl thread also didn't really update the support thread, lol

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's been discussed before, but what would Geno's alts be? Would they just change his cloths or wood they change the wood as well? Would some of the alts be references to SMRPG character's?

Kero!

Smash Cadet
It's been discussed before, but what would Geno's alts be? Would they just change his cloths or wood they change the wood as well? Would some of the alts be references to SMRPG character's?
I'd assume they'd just change the cloth, but it'd be cool if they also changed the wood colour.
I think he'd get alts of Mallow, Smithy, some of his in game clothing, and maybe Mario/Peach/Bowser?
If they were to change the wood colour, It'd be cool to see them base one off of him being poisoned!

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I certainly support Geno in Smash.

As for Geno's alt costumes, a mix of different colors of clothes and wood would be pretty standard.

Or, going like Pac-Man's route in which there are different colors and designs for his gloves and boots, his cape can reflect the different armor in the game. There are a total of 6 armor/designs from the original LOTSS, though granted the Mega Cape is pretty much the cape he is wearing already.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like to see Geno's alts have different wood colors

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I would want his alts to include the poisoned colour palette and a Mallow colour scheme. Maybe even a "dark" Geno with black wood and a white cape. In addition, I would want specific alts referencing his in-game armour like his Sailor Cape, Fire Cape and Happy Cape.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He needs the tie dye one, don't remember which one that was

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman

I think I'm going to faint :ohwell: That's too much, man!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just realized, wouldn't Geno have to speak when he uses his special attacks? In SMRPG, the Silence effect made the character in cable of special attacks due to being unable to speak, meaning that in game the characters call out there special attack when they use them, kinda like some shounen anime or magic spell.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
The one video I found that broke down a possible moveset and other ideas suggested a color based on each of the Seven Stars, then a mallow pallette swap. Sounds almost too obvious not to happen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a thread saying the 2/5chan leak could not be fake.

It has

【Entire Participation】 Characters that appeared in the previous game will return as fighters King Couleur Simon Belmondo Richter Belmondo Stark Kid Gino Shisea Ridley Banjo Ink ring Mute Princess Daisy Robin Lloyd Irving Dark Sams Chrome Bandana Wadrudi

Heihachi Mishima Dixie Kong Mahoroa The prince of Saber Kingdom
I'm still not betting on it, but if someone had some of those characters in January that'd be pretty crazy

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I remember when that Nintendo employee drew Geno, I follow him on Tumblr. He also drew Peach that week I think, so I didn't think anything much of it. 1 employee liking Geno doesn't mean much.

But now that you guys bring up the timing.. Maybe Geno was the talk of the office because they secured some sort of deal? Exciting times!

Zema

Smash Journeyman

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The thread gives evidence why it's possible that doesn't matter

https://smashboards.com/threads/it-appears-that-the-january-leak-is-still-alive.457404/

I don't know anything about that kind of stuff, but it sounds like there is a possibility

I will be glad if real

But I don't really care if real or not since I got k rool and Ridley geno is all that's left at this point

I mean both leaks support geno

This one and the gardevoir leak with "mario2" likely being geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom