• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't Boshi be a faster version of Yoshi? His whole thing was that he was the fastest Yoshi. Yoshi only beats him in a race because you feed him cookies to make him run faster.

I can't believe we're talking about Boshi though haha. Geno's chances are so high that we've moved on to stuff like this. That's awesome.

domriver

Smash Lord
Bowser's Keep would finally give us a Bowser's Castle stage (that isn't an abomination), but if we wanted something similar, how about Smithy's Factory? (Or Smithy's Factory merged w/ Bowser's Keep)
We never really saw Smith's castle or factory just the inside. I think like i said Bowser's Keep with Exor watching maybe Exor can open his mouth and Smithy can look whats going on. Since his mouth is the gateway to the factory.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It would seem that the stars are aligned for Geno this time around. Seriously, consider this:
  • The newcomer selection process seems to have diminished its focus on relevant or new characters
  • The addition of long time requested characters like Ridley, Simon and K. Rool
  • Some heavily requested fighters became Mii Fighters in Smash 4, Geno included, and some have already become playable in Ultimate (Inkling, Chrom and K. Rool)
  • Via Cloud and Final Fantasy, Sakurai is in contact with Square Enix, making getting the rights to Geno (which he already did in 4) a cinch
  • Sakurai himself has shown desire to include him in the game in the past
I love Super Mario RPG. To this day, it's not only one of the most entertaining RPGs I've ever played, but it also adds so much depth to the Mario universe. And Geno is undoubtedly my favorite character in that game, thanks to his slick design and him amazing stats. I always hoped that he could be brought back in future Mario games.

Of course, the idea of him being playable had always being alluring to me. However, I always doubted it as a possibility. There was just no way. So much had to be done to bring back a character that only a portion of the fanbase remembers, let alone cares about, during an era where relevancy was almost the key factor to include a character in Smash. So it would only be natural for Sakurai to drop the idea back then.

Now, that's no longer the case. Geno is now suddenly one of the most likely characters to appear in Smash, thanks to not only Ultimate focusing on these long demanded characters, but also the outstanding support and dedication from fans that made him a long demanded character.

I finally have hope for this character. I finally think that he'll get his chance this time.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
It would seem that the stars are aligned for Geno this time around. Seriously, consider this:
  • The newcomer selection process seems to have diminished its focus on relevant or new characters
  • The addition of long time requested characters like Ridley, Simon and K. Rool
  • Some heavily requested fighters became Mii Fighters in Smash 4, Geno included, and some have already become playable in Ultimate (Inkling, Chrom and K. Rool)
  • Via Cloud and Final Fantasy, Sakurai is in contact with Square Enix, making getting the rights to Geno (which he already did in 4) a cinch
  • Sakurai himself has shown desire to include him in the game in the past
I love Super Mario RPG. To this day, it's not only one of the most entertaining RPGs I've ever played, but it also adds so much depth to the Mario universe. And Geno is undoubtedly my favorite character in that game, thanks to his slick design and him amazing stats. I always hoped that he could be brought back in future Mario games.

Of course, the idea of him being playable had always being alluring to me. However, I always doubted it as a possibility. There was just no way. So much had to be done to bring back a character that only a portion of the fanbase remembers, let alone cares about, during an era where relevancy was almost the key factor to include a character in Smash. So it would only be natural for Sakurai to drop the idea back then.

Now, that's no longer the case. Geno is now suddenly one of the most likely characters to appear in Smash, thanks to not only Ultimate focusing on these long demanded characters, but also the outstanding support and dedication from fans that made him a long demanded character.

I finally have hope for this character. I finally think that he'll get his chance this time.
Well said. There's so much going in his favour this time. The fact that Square's been on board from the beginning really boosts his chances. With Cloud, we got the Geno costume. Obviously there was no way they would've developed two Squeenix characters for Smash 4 DLC. So Cloud was fine at the time.

In that direct, Sakurai explicitly stated, "thanks to our relationship with Square Enix, we will release (Geno as a Mii Fighter costume)". So obviously Square was cool with it. When Sakurai was asked why they used Geno for a costume he said it's cuz he wants Geno to be a fully playable character. So this time around, he can just do it. Like you said, they already made 3 other costumes fully playable. Would make sense to do the character Sakurai himself wanted.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Masahiro Sakurai will forever be my hero if he can bring Geno back into a game again in playable fashion. I mean he's already an inspiration to me creatively as an artist.

LiquidBoxcutter

Smash Cadet
NNID
young-grandma
Honestly, like most every leak I see going around is just trying to **** on Geno's popularity. Many try to make a point of saying hes "an assist trophy only" and things like that. And even the bigger leaks going around can be disproven. Neogaf leaker said Galacta Knight will be playable, while GK is a costume clearly shown on the website, and the CEO leak incorrectly said Simon wasn't in there, plus the build they would've had was the E3 build.
I guess it just comes down to everyon trying to make their own fun.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, like most every leak I see going around is just trying to **** on Geno's popularity. Many try to make a point of saying hes "an assist trophy only" and things like that. And even the bigger leaks going around can be disproven. Neogaf leaker said Galacta Knight will be playable, while GK is a costume clearly shown on the website, and the CEO leak incorrectly said Simon wasn't in there, plus the build they would've had was the E3 build.
I guess it just comes down to everyon trying to make their own fun.
You don't need leaks when Sakurai himself said he wanted Geno to be playable.

LiquidBoxcutter

Smash Cadet
NNID
young-grandma
You don't need leaks when Sakurai himself said he wanted Geno to be playable.
Yeah, but you also can't take that as 100% definitive proof that they've made it happen. Game development is a crazy beast, especially when it comes to things you don't have ownership of. Does it make it more likely? Yes. He's definitely thought about this. The Mii Costume proves that (which was released around the time they would've been securing things like the roster for Ultimate bigthink.jpg).

TBone06

Smash Ace
Yeah, but you also can't take that as 100% definitive proof that they've made it happen. Game development is a crazy beast, especially when it comes to things you don't have ownership of. Does it make it more likely? Yes. He's definitely thought about this. The Mii Costume proves that (which was released around the time they would've been securing things like the roster for Ultimate bigthink.jpg).
The thing is, most of the leaks aren't proof AND that isn't coming straight from Sakurai. Take leaks worth a grain of salt, whether they have Geno in it or not.

LiquidBoxcutter

Smash Cadet
NNID
young-grandma
Speaking of leaks, what do you guys think of the leak that guessed Richter? I know that it might not really relate to Geno, but there is a possibility. I find these videos do quite well at bringing up it's potential and how possible it really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnTaCxYrXcY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIBllJktqag
The build that would've been there would be the same as the E3 build. I know this because the build at EVO which was after CEO was the same as the E3 build.

Note that is specifically says "Event Ver". It was made especially to be shown off. There's no chance they would put in anything that wasn't neccesary for the showing, which could also explain why certain assist trophies and alike were never documented in the demo.
And Richter wasn't even that hard of a guess, he's easily the 2nd most famous Belmont. Hell, I said he would be playable weeks before the reveal, granted it was a joke.

Last edited:

LiquidBoxcutter

Smash Cadet
NNID
young-grandma
The build that would've been there would be the same as the E3 build. I know this because the build at EVO which was after CEO was the same as the E3 build.
Note that is specifically says "Event Ver". It was made especially to be shown off. There's no chance they would put in anything that wasn't neccesary for the showing, which could also explain why certain assist trophies and alike were never documented in the demo.
And Richter wasn't even that hard of a guess, he's easily the 2nd most famous Belmont. Hell, I said he would be playable weeks before the reveal, granted it was a joke.
Here's a better pic, actually coming from EVO

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
To all who have noticed my previous pic of Isaac using move with the middle finger, I want to apologise for it was never my intention to offend anyone or any fanbases. Just wanted to throw this out there just to make sure I did not offend any of you.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

But he did not go with Simon, and at the time everyone was piggybacking when it came to saying Simon was in the game. Plus, I would argue Trevor has sorta become the 2nd most popular Belmont as of late, and most people were shocked by Richter. He also got K.Rool and Dark Samus, the fact that you can stack the echo characters, and more. Plus, it is not easy to expunge every little bit of data from a game, even if you separate builds.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I love SMRPG as much as anybody, but honestly, Boshi doesn't deserve to be an echo fighter. I'd be OK with sunglasses being added to Yoshi's purple alt...but an echo fighter is too much imo

TBone06

Smash Ace
Speaking of leaks, what do you guys think of the leak that guessed Richter? I know that it might not really relate to Geno, but there is a possibility. I find these videos do quite well at bringing up it's potential and how possible it really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnTaCxYrXcY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIBllJktqag
Those videos are pretty solid (Well done on it papagenos papagenos ) Even though he admittedly throws a little bit of bias, he stays pretty impartial to the fact that it could be ANYTHING.

I think Mario2 could easily be Mario Squared. But again, that could be me seeing what I want to. I also didn't realize that the DLC characters were inputted as "Mario" so they couldn't tell, so that was a nice piece of info. I'll always take leaks as a grain of salt though. I also see no reason for Square to not let Sakurai make him playable, so I think that's more important than seeing his name come up in leaks.

LiquidBoxcutter

Smash Cadet
NNID
young-grandma
But he did not go with Simon, and at the time everyone was piggybacking when it came to saying Simon was in the game. Plus, I would argue Trevor has sorta become the 2nd most popular Belmont as of late, and most people were shocked by Richter. He also got K.Rool and Dark Samus, the fact that you can stack the echo characters, and more. Plus, it is not easy to expunge every little bit of data from a game, even if you separate builds.
People were surprised by Richter because nobody thought newcomers would get echoes, and I'm not gonna argue semantics over Castlevania cause I don't know a lot about the series. K. Rool was extremely possible after Ridley, Ridely really blew open the door, and the fact that the Dark Samus costume wasn't avaliable signaled something was going on there. And this also implies that he was able to sneak off with a build with Nintendo presence there, there's no possible way that could happen. Back with Pokemon Distribution carts, they would seal them in with tape and give each serial numbers to ensure they got their stock back. Even if things were left over in the build, I 100% doubt anybody could get away with a build, ESPECIALLY from today's Nintendo.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
People were surprised by Richter because nobody thought newcomers would get echoes, and I'm not gonna argue semantics over Castlevania cause I don't know a lot about the series. K. Rool was extremely possible after Ridley, Ridely really blew open the door, and the fact that the Dark Samus costume wasn't avaliable signaled something was going on there. And this also implies that he was able to sneak off with a build with Nintendo presence there, there's no possible way that could happen. Back with Pokemon Distribution carts, they would seal them in with tape and give each serial numbers to ensure they got their stock back. Even if things were left over in the build, I 100% doubt anybody could get away with a build, ESPECIALLY from today's Nintendo.
I would argue that while Ridley did blow the door off things, we still had no clue whatt direction this was going, or even how many echo fighters there were gonna be. Also, if they chose Dark Samus for that very reason, why did they bring no attention to Chrom? Any leak that assumed that logic always seems to pair them together, but not here, and that somehow makes it more believable in my eyes. By no means am I putting all my eggs in this bag, as I do agree that the way they got this info can be eyebrow raising, though it is certainly possible he did not take a build but rather took a computer to the build, I still think this leak has merit, especially since it had so many risky things that could have easily been a death sentence for a leak but it is still powering through.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
Here's a question, who did you all vote for during the Smash ballot? It's okay if you did not vote for Geno or something like that. I didn't even vote for him, I voted for Shantae. Geno's situation was very different back then than it is now. It is just nice to know other peoples idea's and opinions, and how they could relate to other avenues of speculation.
Rayman and Fawful.

domriver

Smash Lord
You guys think that Geno will revealed during a full direct of Smash or just a reveal in a general direct?
My guess is the final direct for Smash. geno as the opener and the closure my guess is Banjo-Kazooie im almost certain 2 newcomers will be revealed last.

TBone06

Smash Ace
You guys think that Geno will revealed during a full direct of Smash or just a reveal in a general direct?
My guess is the final direct for Smash. geno as the opener and the closure my guess is Banjo-Kazooie im almost certain 2 newcomers will be revealed last.
I can see him being revealed at the end of a Nintendo Direct (not a Smash specific one) because then it could allow them to expand on him during a Smash specific. Also, people are thinking he'll be the last character revealed. I'm not sure if I think that, although I think he would generate the most hype aside from Banjo Kazooie. That would just be insane. Geno as an opener and Banjo as a closer would give me a heart attack.

LiquidBoxcutter

Smash Cadet
NNID
young-grandma
I would argue that while Ridley did blow the door off things, we still had no clue whatt direction this was going, or even how many echo fighters there were gonna be. Also, if they chose Dark Samus for that very reason, why did they bring no attention to Chrom? Any leak that assumed that logic always seems to pair them together, but not here, and that somehow makes it more believable in my eyes. By no means am I putting all my eggs in this bag, as I do agree that the way they got this info can be eyebrow raising, though it is certainly possible he did not take a build but rather took a computer to the build, I still think this leak has merit, especially since it had so many risky things that could have easily been a death sentence for a leak but it is still powering through.
No one brought attention to Chrom because Robin wasn't playable, so there was no way to tell anything was missing. Chrom was also an easy choice to put on many lists because nobody wants real FE newcomers, and all his assets were already there, the only surprise with him was that he was a Roy echo, not Ike. And even if they brought a computer to the build, they would've had to get past Nintendo, somehow have enough time to unpack the files, and get away without anybody noticing. They claimed they were working the event, I know I wouldn't just bring a computer to work. This whole leaks rests on the assumption that the leaker had both the knowledge how to get to the build beforehand and the skillset to get into these files without Nintendo finding out, and that's what makes it not believable to me.

LiquidBoxcutter

Smash Cadet
NNID
young-grandma
I can envision him 2 ways.
A) The end of the next general Nintendo Direct. This would match the trailers for Ridley and K. Rool being at the end, completing the big 3
B) The very last reveal in a Direct a week before the game comes out.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No one brought attention to Chrom because Robin wasn't playable, so there was no way to tell anything was missing. Chrom was also an easy choice to put on many lists because nobody wants real FE newcomers, and all his assets were already there, the only surprise with him was that he was a Roy echo, not Ike. And even if they brought a computer to the build, they would've had to get past Nintendo, somehow have enough time to unpack the files, and get away without anybody noticing. They claimed they were working the event, I know I wouldn't just bring a computer to work. This whole leaks rests on the assumption that the leaker had both the knowledge how to get to the build beforehand and the skillset to get into these files without Nintendo finding out, and that's what makes it not believable to me.
I guess, but Chrom was still really popular when it came to possible echo's. Ike's Chrom alt was gone, and Robin was the only FE character to not have there Final Smash shown in there trailer, so alarm bells were still being rung. To me, this guy is either the most risky guesser to ever try a leak(He would be banking on DS not being an assist trophy, Chrom not being a final smash, Gardivoir not returning as a poke ball Pokemon, the low possibility of Richter over his more famous brethren, the idea of echo stacking, and choosing a Pokemon as overlooked as Gothitelle as an echo to his already crazy guess), or he is some master of stealth.

LiquidBoxcutter

Smash Cadet
NNID
young-grandma
I guess, but Chrom was still really popular when it came to possible echo's. Ike's Chrom alt was gone, and Robin was the only FE character to not have there Final Smash shown in there trailer, so alarm bells were still being rung. To me, this guy is either the most risky guesser to ever try a leak(He would be banking on DS not being an assist trophy, Chrom not being a final smash, Gardivoir not returning as a poke ball Pokemon, the low possibility of Richter over his more famous brethren, the idea of echo stacking, and choosing a Pokemon as overlooked as Gothitelle as an echo to his already crazy guess), or he is some master of stealth.
Chrom is definitely more popular than people let on, especially with Japanese people. And lots of characters Final Smashes weren't shown, which is why theres debate of Young Link's. And to be fair, I think they got Richter from the fact that SotN is so acclaimed. When modern gamers talk about Castlevania, it almost always goes to Symphony. Pokeball Pokemon are also a 1/807 chance no matter what. But Gardevoir was a Pokeball Pokemon in the last 2 games, and I doubt that if they put in another Pokemon, it would be one so old at this point. They've always gone newer for solo Pokemon fighters.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
The reaction to Chrom surprised me. I thought most people were going to be "ugh, another Fire Emblem character", but a lot of people were genuinely hyped for the guy. I suppose it shows how much people understand the purpse of Echoes now, and I guess Awakening was more popular among Smash fans than I realized. That or they got really attached to him just from the Robin trailer.

And I wouldn't mind Gardevoir / Gothitelle, if just for the completion aspect (III and V being the two "skipped" Gens in terms of playable reps). Then I imagine VII gets one in as DLC or something. But I very much doubt this leak, the only thing it really has going for it is a lucky Richter guess (saying Richter but not Simon is the biggest red flag in my opinion).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Chrom is definitely more popular than people let on, especially with Japanese people. And lots of characters Final Smashes weren't shown, which is why theres debate of Young Link's. And to be fair, I think they got Richter from the fact that SotN is so acclaimed. When modern gamers talk about Castlevania, it almost always goes to Symphony. Pokeball Pokemon are also a 1/807 chance no matter what. But Gardevoir was a Pokeball Pokemon in the last 2 games, and I doubt that if they put in another Pokemon, it would be one so old at this point. They've always gone newer for solo Pokemon fighters.
Yes, SotN is talked about a lot, but not Richter. If anyone is discussed from that game, it's Alucard. Heck, Sakurai himself cites Richter coming from Rondo of Blood, and Richter's design takes his design and several other references from that game, not SotN. And keep in mind, RoB is Japanese exclusive. And with Pokemon newcomers, while the usual Smash they gun it for the latest gen, this is not the usual Smash. What is it to say that the theory of Sakurai trying to represent every Gen is not right on the money?

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
guys if you look at bowser's trailer on the smash website you will hear that his supermario 3 and smrpg theme is playing in the Back ground. now some people say it doesnt matter but then i bring up the question of why would they use that music for bowser when mario's trailer theme is the mario odyssey theme. Bowser has so many theme's but sakurai goes with the theme that was featured in super mario 3 and SMRPG. to me that gives further hin that Geno is here

LiquidBoxcutter

Smash Cadet
NNID
young-grandma
Yes, SotN is talked about a lot, but not Richter. If anyone is discussed from that game, it's Alucard. Heck, Sakurai himself cites Richter coming from Rondo of Blood, and Richter's design takes his design and several other references from that game, not SotN. And keep in mind, RoB is Japanese exclusive. And with Pokemon newcomers, while the usual Smash they gun it for the latest gen, this is not the usual Smash. What is it to say that the theory of Sakurai trying to represent every Gen is not right on the money?
RoB is TECHNICALLY JP exclusive, since it was remade over here as Dracula X. But even then, Richter is more popular over there than here, and they do have to appeal to a world wide market after all. And I'm not trying to discount that Pokemon theory, but I think even Sakurai would think there's better suited Pokemon in both gens to be fighters. *cough*Blaziken*coughcough*Zoroark*cough*
guys if you look at bowser's trailer on the smash website you will hear that his supermario 3 and smrpg theme is playing in the Back ground. now some people say it doesnt matter but then i bring up the question of why would they use that music for bowser when mario's trailer theme is the mario odyssey theme. Bowser has so many theme's but sakurai goes with the theme that was featured in super mario 3 and SMRPG. to me that gives further hin that Geno is here
To me the theme sound inspired by both. If they ever reveal who composed it, then that's our answer.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Recently, I have been having some dark thoughts lately regarding Geno. I keep thinking about the Mii costume, and I have been wondering if Sakurai was completely content to making Geno a Mii costume. Maybe he wanted to make him playable, but with the convenience of Mii Fighters and the Gunner class, that might have been the farthest extent he will go with the character and not fully implement him. It might be just my mood today, but I guess the most negative side of my mind wants to consider other possible meanings of Sakurai's statement on Geno.

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
Recently, I have been having some dark thoughts lately regarding Geno. I keep thinking about the Mii costume, and I have been wondering if Sakurai was completely content to making Geno a Mii costume. Maybe he wanted to make him playable, but with the convenience of Mii Fighters and the Gunner class, that might have been the farthest extent he will go with the character and not fully implement him. It might be just my mood today, but I guess the most negative side of my mind wants to consider other possible meanings of Sakurai's statement on Geno.
That's how I thought about it since Ultimate was first shown off at E3. After Geno didn't get into Brawl, I just kind of lost hope for him. I voted for him during the ballot but I honestly didn't believe it would get anywhere. However recently with all the love shown towards Ridley, King K. Rool, and other popular characters like Chrom, I truly believe this is his chance and he'll get in this time.

TBone06

Smash Ace
You just have to say positive. Don't let others sway you. The evidence (the real evidence... not looking at the colour of a chair) is overwhelmingly positive for Geno. Maybe he won't get in, but this is EASILY his best chance. If you look at any YouTube video with predictions, there are tons of comments about Geno for Smash. Look at Twitter.. filled with people who are showing support. We're getting support from other groups. Just stay positive. It's out of our hands, but the good thing is, he's in good hands with Sakurai.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
That kinda looks like DeMille from Tomato Adventure. FamicomDisk FamicomDisk , have you seen this?
Huh, hadn't seen that, no! I can maybe see a vague resemblance, but it has a lot of brown towards the bottom - I'm guessing it's nothing, but it does kinda look like a chibi Geno! Either way, thanks for letting me know!

Also, I'm realizing that I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I still support Geno - he remains one of my most-wanted newcomers! :)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I mean, that's certainly a real possibility.

However, that line of thinking could have easily applied to several characters beforehand. He could have been content to keep Ridley as a boss. He could have been content for Chrom's big chance in Smash to be limited to a Final Smash. He could have been content to appease fans with a K. Rool costume.

He wasn't.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I mean, that's certainly a real possibility.

However, that line of thinking could have easily applied to several characters beforehand. He could have been content to keep Ridley as a boss. He could have been content for Chrom's big chance in Smash to be limited to a Final Smash. He could have been content to appease fans with a K. Rool costume.

He wasn't.
Same with leaving Ditto as a failed Melee experiment.

Kero!

Smash Cadet
i drew some bad anatomy Genos last night actually it was 4 am so I hope you guys don't mind me posting them here oof
Ever since that last Direct, my hope for him has definitely gone up. More than it ever has, even
I feel it's kinda bad that I don't see him not getting in at this point because if he doesn't I'll be crushed :')
I'm also really hoping for a story mode! Which... I don't have too much of a hope for but who knows?
It's up to Sakurai now, and it's up to us to keep the hype for him going and convert everyone that we can to... Genoism!

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Recently watched a walkthrough of Super Mario RPG. Geno...is AWESOME. I fully understand his popularity now. Mario RPG looks like a very fun and quirky game. I see now where Paper Mario got a lot of its inspiration from. The graphics remind me a lot of Golden Sun.

Now that I've seen what he can do, I think Geno would be a very unique fighter in Smash. That said, consider me an official supporter.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Interesting tidbit related to Final Fantasy 14 that may explain the lack of more FF songs in Smash Ultimate.

"In relation to any functions within the game which allow you to perform virtual musical instruments (“performance actions”), you are strictly prohibited from performing the music of any third parties. You hereby warrant that your performance using the performance actions will not infringe the rights of any third parties and you shall indemnify us in respect of any breach of such warranty. You may record and share your performance of the FINAL FANTASY XIV original score excluding the songs entitled “Answers”, “Dragonsong” and “Revolutions” or original songs and/or melodies using the performance actions in accordance with this Agreement. Furthermore, by using the performance actions, you acknowledge and consent to any third party recording and sharing of your performance online. You also hereby agree that we may block or otherwise restrict your access to FFXIV if you do not comply with the terms of the licence contained herein. "

The songs above are by Nobuo Uematsu. It seems Nobuo is VERY protective about his music. Not surprising to me. The composer on Dragon Quest is the same way. (Might be why we didn't get orchestral music in our versions of the the 3ds ports of DQ 7 and 8.)

Last edited:

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
Recently watched a walkthrough of Super Mario RPG. Geno...is AWESOME. I fully understand his popularity now. Mario RPG looks like a very fun and quirky game. I see now where Paper Mario got a lot of its inspiration from. The graphics remind me a lot of Golden Sun.

Now that I've seen what he can do, I think Geno would be a very unique fighter in Smash. That said, consider me an official supporter.
I would highly recommend if you ever get an opportunity play SMRPG to play it. It's a truly amazing game that everyone should experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom