• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, I'm in a much better mood today because I was surprised yesterday by my University not only liking my idea of a school sponsored competitive gaming club (think Smash tournaments paid for by government money) but also wanting me to be the staff adviser for it. That said, I'll entertain the idea I've seen people volleyballing around about Brave actually being Geno for fun. I'm entertaining the idea so, whatever, put this in your next cringe compilation if you want; **** you, I'm doing this and, now, for the feature presentation... A Toon Link sized character that's floaty, slippery, average speed, slightly heavy, with good low but not too low to the ground jump stats like Villager and Cloud. Going off my thoughts that the character currently has the stats of a mid range projectile zoner or short range aerial zoner, let's take a look at the main argument that people have for it not being Geno.

"It can't be Geno because Brave's too heavy and too slow."

For reference, Brave is about 25th in weight and 36th in speed.

Brave is slighly lighter than Megaman but not much heavier than Cloud and Mario. If this were Geno, what would explain this weight? If you look at the weight attributes, most of the projectile zoners in the game, especially those with multiple projectiles, are within extremes. A very common characteristic is them being slower, whether they are light or heavy. The more long range options (especially projectiles) usually the slower and/or lighter they are. Olimar is 50th in speed and tied for 68th for weight. Zelda is 70th in speed and 62nd for weight. The Belmonts are 64th in speed and tied for 11th for weight. Snake is 54th in speed and 16th in weight. Mii Gunner is tied for 18th in weight and 73rd in speed. You get the idea.

Mid range is typically more balanced. Pac-Man is tied for 42nd in speed and 36th for weight. Ness is 51st in speed and tied for 40th in weight. Lucas is 46th in speed and tied with Ness in weight. Megaman is 52nd in speed and 24th in weight. ROB is 38th in speed and 16th in weight.

The fastest projectile zoner is Toon Link and he ranks 24th in speed, being the same weight as Palutena for 49th in weight (who ranks 15th in speed if you want to count her as a projectile zoner). Of the projectile zoners in the game, there are five characters above dead center in running speed, Paluntena (if you count her), Toon Link, Wii Fit Trainer, Young Link, and Duck Hunt.

:ultpalutena: Weight: 50th Speed: 15th
:ulttoonlink: 50th, 24th
:ultwiifittrainer: 32nd, 27th
:ultyounglink: 56th, 36th
:ultduckhunt:60th, 31st

So who all falls below this line then?

:ultbowserjr::ultisabelle::ultkrool::ultlink::ultlucas::ultmegaman::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultrob::ultrobin::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultzelda::4miigun:

With Brave being roughly the same speed as Young Link, he'd still be top 5 fastest projectile zoners, out of 24 who fight with multiple projectiles. Not exactly blazing fast but still pretty fast for a hypothetical gameplay style. So, by this analysis, they would be 25th in weight and 36th in speed so pretty balanced in basic stats, further emphasized that they would be the 12th heaviest of the 24 here.

Now, here's where things get interesting: what about Brave's air speed? ... they're actually the fastest of the 24 by a considerable margin. Even on the actual tier list, Brave is a whopping 7-12 characters faster than the next fastest in the air which is Duck Hunt. If Brave were a mid range projectile zoner, this would be really good. Sure, they're not winning Olympic races on the ground but in the air, they're almost top 10 overall. Throw in the fact that they have a short hop as good as Villager and Cloud and a fall speed as good as Roy and you have a fairly intimidating character. We may not know the specifics of the aerial lag but let's go back to the five I mentioned earlier and consider traditional spacing and combo starting aerials:

Young Link
Nair: 7 frames
Fair: 7 frames

Toon Link
Fair: 11 frames

Palutena
Nair: 12 frames

Wii Fit Trainer
Nair: 8 frames
Fair: 8 frames

Duck Hunt
Nair: 10 frames
Fair: 9 frames

For reference, Roy/Chrom's nair is 9 frames and fair is 8. Mario's nair is 6 and Mario's just a touch faster than Brave on the ground but they're equals in the air and we all know the wacky **** Mario can pull off. If they can zone like Duck Hunt or Toon Link and move in the air like Mario or Inkling, this is a character that breaks into your house and gets permission from you and your wife to **** her on the kitchen table within 5 minutes of making eye contact and you'd be honored to put it on Snapchat. This is a deceptively fast character despite the balance on the surface.

In conclusion, I kind of think this frame would work well for Geno because, just like his character, looks can be deceiving. Sure, the stats are balanced but get him short hopping around (Tokyo City like a big playground) and give him equally good projectile options as Young Link, this is a nimble character that would be a defensive giant in competitive play. Honestly, with these kinds of stats, you'd wish he was slower.
Reading this made me hype about the DLC for the first time in awhile, Thanks Fatman! Also congrats on the Sponsored gaming club thingy!

D

Deleted member

So, I'm in a much better mood today because I was surprised yesterday by my University not only liking my idea of a school sponsored competitive gaming club (think Smash tournaments paid for by government money) but also wanting me to be the staff adviser for it. That said, I'll entertain the idea I've seen people volleyballing around about Brave actually being Geno for fun. I'm entertaining the idea so, whatever, put this in your next cringe compilation if you want; **** you, I'm doing this and, now, for the feature presentation... A Toon Link sized character that's floaty, slippery, average speed, slightly heavy, with good low but not too low to the ground jump stats like Villager and Cloud. Going off my thoughts that the character currently has the stats of a mid range projectile zoner or short range aerial zoner, let's take a look at the main argument that people have for it not being Geno.

Brave is slighly lighter than Megaman but not much heavier than Cloud and Mario. If this were Geno, what would explain this weight? If you look at the weight attributes, most of the projectile zoners in the game, especially those with multiple projectiles, are within extremes. A very common characteristic is them being slower, whether they are light or heavy. The more long range options (especially projectiles) usually the slower and/or lighter they are. Olimar is 50th in speed and tied for 68th for weight. Zelda is 70th in speed and 62nd for weight. The Belmonts are 64th in speed and tied for 11th for weight. Snake is 54th in speed and 16th in weight. Mii Gunner is tied for 18th in weight and 73rd in speed. You get the idea.

Mid range is typically more balanced. Pac-Man is tied for 42nd in speed and 36th for weight. Ness is 51st in speed and tied for 40th in weight. Lucas is 46th in speed and tied with Ness in weight. Megaman is 52nd in speed and 24th in weight. ROB is 38th in speed and 16th in weight.

The fastest projectile zoner is Toon Link and he ranks 24th in speed, being the same weight as Palutena for 49th in weight (who ranks 15th in speed if you want to count her as a projectile zoner). Of the projectile zoners in the game, there are five characters above dead center in running speed, Paluntena (if you count her), Toon Link, Wii Fit Trainer, Young Link, and Duck Hunt.

:ultbowserjr::ultisabelle::ultkrool::ultlink::ultlucas::ultmegaman::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultrob::ultrobin::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultzelda::4miigun:

With Brave being roughly the same speed as Young Link, he'd still be top 5 fastest projectile zoners, out of 24 who fight with multiple projectiles. Not exactly blazing fast but still pretty fast for a hypothetical gameplay style. So, by this analysis, they would be 25th in weight and 36th in speed so pretty balanced in basic stats, further emphasized that they would be the 12th heaviest of the 24 here.

Now, here's where things get interesting: what about Brave's air speed? ... they're actually the fastest of the 24 by a considerable margin. Even on the actual tier list, Brave is a whopping 7-12 characters faster than the next fastest in the air which is Duck Hunt. If Brave were a mid range projectile zoner, this would be really good. Sure, they're not winning Olympic races on the ground but in the air, they're almost top 10 overall. Throw in the fact that they have a short hop as good as Villager and Cloud and a fall speed as good as Roy and you have a fairly intimidating character. We may not know the specifics of the aerial lag but let's go back to the five I mentioned earlier and consider traditional spacing and combo starting aerials:

Young Link

Toon Link

Palutena

Wii Fit Trainer

Duck Hunt

For reference, Roy/Chrom's nair is 9 frames and fair is 8. Mario's nair is 6 and Mario's just a touch faster than Brave on the ground but they're equals in the air and we all know the wacky **** Mario can pull off. If they can zone like Duck Hunt or Toon Link and move in the air like Mario or Inkling, this is a character that breaks into your house and gets permission from you and your wife to **** her on the kitchen table within 5 minutes of making eye contact and you'd be honored to put it on Snapchat. This is a deceptively fast character despite the balance on the surface.

In conclusion, I kind of think this frame would work well for Geno because, just like his character, looks can be deceiving. Sure, the stats are balanced but get him short hopping around (Tokyo City like a big playground) and give him equally good projectile options as Young Link, this is a nimble character that would be a defensive giant in competitive play. Honestly, with these kinds of stats, you'd wish he was slower.
In all seriousness though this is really awesome and it made my day

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If we just say the stats could work nicely on geno, then that's definitely true.

At this point I wouldn't rule out geno, especially with the height. I just wouldn't say that the stats point to brave being a zoner, since it could easily be any other type of character (well except floaty ones). well, gotta go again, enjoy speculating. I'll ignore the other stuff i saw for now.. :O

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Young Link

Toon Link

Palutena

Wii Fit Trainer

Duck Hunt

Now that was an analysis. This is truly the type of comment worth reading in this thread. I wonder how could these stats work on non zoner fighters… It just makes too much sense as one as it is. It would require testing altho i guess that has already been done lately by those people playing with stats on current fighters. Really hopeful for this, nonetheless.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Here's something I've thought about a little bit. If Nintendo were to grant our wishes and bring our favorite star boy in as a playable character, who would you support after? I'd say Doom Gang or Banjo Boys. I do hope we get Banjo over Steve, if not and we somehow don't get in either, I hope we can form sort of alliance with the Banjo Boys. For the most part at least from when I've talked to them, they seem pretty chill.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Here's something I've thought about a little bit. If Nintendo were to grant our wishes and bring our favorite star boy in as a playable character, who would you support after? I'd say Doom Gang or Banjo Boys. I do hope we get Banjo over Steve, if not and we somehow don't get in either, I hope we can form sort of alliance with the Banjo Boys. For the most part at least from when I've talked to them, they seem pretty chill.
Geno, Phoenix Wright, and Banjo are literally the only characters I HIGHLY support that haven't been massively BTFO, so it'd be one of those latter two. Also, most Banjo fans I've met are ridiculously chill, and in fact, my very best friend is one of the biggest Banjo nuts I've ever seen. I LOVE Banjo-Kazooie myself and grew up with it, so dang, I'd cry if they made it in and came back home.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
DEFINITELY Banjo Kazooie, they are the character I have most wanted aside from Skull kid (rest in peace, our another puppet boi…).

T2by4

Smash Lord
Geno, Phoenix Wright, and Banjo are literally the only characters I HIGHLY support that haven't been massively BTFO, so it'd be one of those latter two. Also, most Banjo fans I've met are ridiculously chill, and in fact, my very best friend is one of the biggest Banjo nuts I've ever seen. I LOVE Banjo-Kazooie myself and grew up with it, so dang, I'd cry if they made it in and came back home.
Same man, I really do respect the banjo fans, they really are a wholesome community and I don't think anybody would be mad if he got in. Still want Geno first of course, but it would be impossible for me to get mad if Banjo somehow got in before Geno.

DEFINITELY Banjo Kazooie, they are the character I have most wanted aside from Skull kid (rest in peace, our another puppet boi…).
R.I.P. Puppetbro alliance. Was fun while it lasted.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
R.I.P. Puppetbro alliance. Was fun while it lasted.
Yeah… I remember making this edit way back on reddit… good times.
oxt9pru05kh11.png

Edit: Altho I guess we got a proper mii costume for Skull kid but ehh… still not the same, lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Definitely Banjo or Isaac, Probably the former though. Every Banjo fan I've met are incredibly chill here or elsewhere. I respect them a bunch.

D

Deleted member

Mallow, Crono, Shantae. Bandana Dee, Phoenix Wright, Travis Touchdown, Lloyd, Isaac, Elma, and Rayman.

I should support Banjo too

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
Wait, verge’s source said it wasn’t Geno, right?

So this might be the thing to prove they don’t know everything if it really is him

EDIT: I meant that Geno wasn’t in, though it might’ve been referring to him just being the square rep

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Idk, I'd probably go back to giving all my attention to Shantae getting in. I was over in the Shantae thread before I came here.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Banjo boys, I'll TRY to do what I can for Isaac..... and sans undertale baybeee

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
PolarPanda PolarPanda have you come across anything new today? :/

If you knew who was gonna be revealed at the next direct/ if there was no character, would you tell us? Once I heard that people actually knew about The Joker and Brave before the VGA's makes me very distrustful of leakers now tbh.... actively hiding **** from us.
No, I really do not. All I know is that a direct is "soon", as in, within a month or so. I really don't know exactly when the direct is or what will be in it yet. Sigh.

Hoi Geno family. I'm just dropping by cuz I feel compeled to share this awesome remix of the SMRPG soundtrack, a user shared this in another thread and i've been listening to it at least once a day since. If you like metal music (even remotely) and are a fan of SMRPG, you're probably gonna like this:
If you like his remix you can check out the rest of Jonny Atma's channel, he made a lot more (from various video games).

Good times indeed. The level of hype and the unbridled speculation from this period will never be matched imo. After the 'Everyone is here' and the August 8th direct, no dream was too big [insert 'Ridley is too big' joke here] and the expectations for the rest of the roster were through the roof. I'm glad i've joined smashboards in time to see this.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I'd love to see Isaac or Andy, since I think they're more than deserving of a spot.

Leon Kennedy with his design from the Resident Evil 2 remake would be pretty sick, since Resident Evil is one of the best selling game franchises of all time.

The Knight from Hollow Knight is my most wanted after Geno and someone I think I'd immediately main. The game itself is amazing with its very generous team (only two people!) offering the truckloads of content for a massively underpriced $14.99, not to mention the game has 4 free DLC packs on top of it with a 5th one on the way (playable Hornet hype). You guys have probably never even heard of the game, but it's one that I can't recommend enough for the sheer joy you get from the intricate and hand-drawn map of the land. I'd even say it's on par with Odyssey and BotW I loved it so much.

A Mother rep of any kind. Ninten isn't someone I'm opposed to but I feel like they'd butcher his possibilities like they did with Lucas, but a modern overhaul on his design would look stellar imo. The Masked Man is my most wanted though I acknowledge he is the least important of everyone I'll mention. Giygas and/or Porky would be awesome additions since they're recurring villains and they'd both probably play wonderfully.

I like Steve. Minecraft gets too much hate just because people are so quick to jump on the Minecraft hate bandwagon, but you and I both know you have at least 50 hours on the game. It's fun, gets a lot of updates, has interesting enemies, and is undeniably one of the most iconic video games of all time. Banjo and Master Chief are also great ideas for a Microsoft rep, but I think Steve would do them the most justice, with Banjo coming in a very short second.

Last but not least, Lloyd. Tales is a great series with a worldwide appeal, and Lloyd would probably be the most interesting swordfighter we may ever get. His chances are looking good right now, and that's great, and I really do hope he gets in. He has lovely character design imo and is someone I think should get into Smash eventually.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Besides a few characters, all I want are more girls in smash for now.

And if they have a pink costume for geno I can pretend it's glitched peach. I only found out a few days ago that there's a way in mario rpg to trick the leveling up screen to give the skill of one character to another. When peach gets a Geno skill she turns into a pink geno when she uses it :)

random pic I found:

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Fatmanonice’s description of the character’s was uhhh....very interesting...

Please excuse me while i try to get that terrifying mental image of geno out of my mind.

And teeb’s random actual image only made things worse.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
After Geno, I support a certain lawyer/7-year hobo.

And while there are other characters I want, I think Isaac and Banjo fans should also get their day.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
This will help us narrow it down
Actually it does.
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm sorry.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Geno's really the only character I'm super invested in, but I'd definitely lend my sympathies to the Isaac and Banjo boys if he ever got in. Those guys are super chill, yet just as dedicated and devoted as us, so if we get our character, they should get theirs.
Oh, and more Kirby content's always a plus in my book, so Bandanna Dee would probably have my support as well. I'd rather have Gooey, but I know that's never gonna happen, so I'll settle for Hat Gooba™ instead.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Besides a few characters, all I want are more girls in smash for now.

And if they have a pink costume for geno I can pretend it's glitched peach. I only found out a few days ago that there's a way in mario rpg to trick the leveling up screen to give the skill of one character to another. When peach gets a Geno skill she turns into a pink geno when she uses it :)
It's actually funny if that glitch was the reference to this bit from the manga, where Peach swaps places with Geno, completely consentually.

CpPGi5TUIAAHVL4.jpg

Too obscure to hope for a Smash reference should he get in, but if they do it would be some pretty deep digging on their part.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I found a video with tons of mario rpg glitches and tricks.
I saved it at 8:07 because that's where you can see peach turn into geno from the skill swap. Just sharing in case anyone's curious. it's entertaining to see glitches too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-_9MhMWTrI&feature=youtu.be&t=487

It's actually funny if that glitch was the reference to this bit from the manga, where Peach swaps places with Geno, completely consentually.

View attachment 187109

Too obscure to hope for a Smash reference should he get in, but if they do it would be some pretty deep digging on their part.
Wow ive never seen that before. Pretty unlikely people found the glitch back then tho.
cute drawings :)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Nobody. Said. They lied.

Good grief man, you're the one we don't trust. If you're confident in your interpretation of what they've said, go ahead and ping them here to clarify. Otherwise, you're just wasting our time.
You called?

(I gotta retire that joke)

And, umm... don’t know how to say this without coming off as rude, but... Does PolarPanda have any previous leaks to their name?

Don’t misunderstand, I think they’re a very chill dude, but after the Grinch I feel very iffy about trusting stuff with no backing.

Btw EarlTamm EarlTamm watched Spiderverse, great freaking movie.

D

Deleted member

Doing the final boss on Hard Mode in WoL is probably one of the worst things I'll ever do in my entire gaming career. The boss gauntlet is really miserable.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I found a video with tons of mario rpg glitches and tricks.
Geno just looks so good in that pink color.
I choose to support Banjo. If we can't have Banjo as our Microsoft rep, I'll support the Master Chief or probably Thel 'Vadam (the Arbiter). Despite the Master Chief being more of a likely Microsoft rep, I'd definitely choose the Arbiter over the Master Chief to join Smash. Even though the Arbiter is somewhat of a "swordsman", he's more of a unique swordsman; his moves could involve dual wielding energy swords, plasma grenades, and using a carbine. The Arbiter would be like a mix between Snake, Fox, Ike, and Ganondorf. It's never going to happen, but I'd love the Arbiter in Smash.

And I'll also support Isaac and Shadow for being playable characters.

Edit: Altho I guess we got a proper mii costume for Skull kid but ehh… still not the same, lol.
I remember seeing a YouTuber post this in one of their community comments, asking their community if they'd rather have Geno or Skull Kid in the game.
Awesome edit, by the way.

D

Deleted member

I just got finished with Super Mario RPG. Overall, it was a good experience and I severely want Geno in Smash even more. It's weird because I always saw Geno himself growing up but never played his game so he was always an anomaly. He had a cool design and kicked so much ass throughout the whole game when Mallow started to fall behind. (Also Geno's Goodbye is such a good song.)

After playing Super Mario RPG and keeping him in my party throughout the whole game because of his practicality, I'd love to see this crazy wooden toy with high calibur weaponry make it in. So far the only thing going for him now is stats. I haven't read the whole thread (because no way I'm reading 650 pages of Smashboards) but has anyone made a comparison between Geno and the term "Brave" yet?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
You called?

(I gotta retire that joke)

And, umm... don’t know how to say this without coming off as rude, but... Does PolarPanda have any previous leaks to their name?

Don’t misunderstand, I think they’re a very chill dude, but after the Grinch I feel very iffy about trusting stuff with no backing.

Btw EarlTamm EarlTamm watched Spiderverse, great freaking movie.
It's been posted about numerous times in this thread, but they definitely have a source at NoA which has been verified by other users who have been here for decades now. He's legit. Just because he hasn't leaked a character before doesn't mean he's not legit.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice or PolarPanda PolarPanda if you guys feel like elaborating more about this feel free to do so though I know you guys have gone over it plenty of times before.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I just got finished with Super Mario RPG. Overall, it was a good experience and I severely want Geno in Smash even more. It's weird because I always saw Geno himself growing up but never played his game so he was always an anomaly. He had a cool design and kicked so much *** throughout the whole game when Mallow started to fall behind. (Also Geno's Goodbye is such a good song.)

After playing Super Mario RPG and keeping him in my party throughout the whole game because of his practicality, I'd love to see this crazy wooden toy with high calibur weaponry make it in. So far the only thing going for him now is stats. I haven't read the whole thread (because no way I'm reading 650 pages of Smashboards) but has anyone made a comparison between Geno and the term "Brave" yet?
It's always so nice to see more people appreciating Super Mario RPG in general, not just for Geno, but for everything the game has to offer. (Welcome to Smashboards, btw!) Shameless plug, but given your stance, I'd also recommend checking out Operation Starfall sometime:

https://smashboards.com/threads/operation-starfall-bringing-life-to-smrpg-again.467163/

That being said, I did mention that Square has gone on record to say that Geno 'is Pinocchio'. It's pretty clear he was inspired at least in part by Pinocchio, and Pinocchio's goal is to become a real boy by becoming, verbatim, 'brave, truthful, and unselfish'. That's just about the closest I can get to 'brave' being related to Geno, and while it is a stretch, it is something that would make more sense internally while stumping the general public, so I can see it as a possibility. It's not a likely possibility, to be sure, but it is one.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It's been posted about numerous times in this thread, but they definitely have a source at NoA which has been verified by other users who have been here for decades now. He's legit. Just because he hasn't leaked a character before doesn't mean he's not legit.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice or PolarPanda PolarPanda if you guys feel like elaborating more about this feel free to do so though I know you guys have gone over it plenty of times before.
Well, if that’s it I won’t stake too much on it then.

Personally speaking, if the only thing vouching for one person I don’t know is another person I don’t know, that’s not, like, airtight.

D

Deleted member

It's always so nice to see more people appreciating Super Mario RPG in general, not just for Geno, but for everything the game has to offer. (Welcome to Smashboards, btw!) Shameless plug, but given your stance, I'd also recommend checking out Operation Starfall sometime:

https://smashboards.com/threads/operation-starfall-bringing-life-to-smrpg-again.467163/

That being said, I did mention that Square has gone on record to say that Geno 'is Pinocchio'. It's pretty clear he was inspired at least in part by Pinocchio, and Pinocchio's goal is to become a real boy by becoming, verbatim, 'brave, truthful, and unselfish'. That's just about the closest I can get to 'brave' being related to Geno, and while it is a stretch, it is something that would make more sense internally while stumping the general public, so I can see it as a possibility. It's not a likely possibility, to be sure, but it is one.
I'll stick here since I just want Geno for Smash, and we'll see where that goes from here.

I think the name depends specifically on how literal we should be taking these names. For "Jack," which we all assume is Joker, has anyone translated Joker's name in Japanese and came up with Jack as a result, or is "Jack" just referencing Jack Frost. If it's the latter, then Brave can be as vague as it wants to be because it doesn't have to literally be a character's name.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'll stick here since I just want Geno for Smash, and we'll see where that goes from here.

I think the name depends specifically on how literal we should be taking these names. For "Jack," which we all assume is Joker, has anyone translated Joker's name in Japanese and came up with Jack as a result, or is "Jack" just referencing Jack Frost. If it's the latter, then Brave can be as vague as it wants to be because it doesn't have to literally be a character's name.
Fair enough!

As for Joker's name in Japanese, it is still just Joker. Jack is either referencing cards, Jack Frost, or both. It's a bit of a stretch and rather vague, but it fits. That's part of why people are so suspicious about Brave being Erdrick, instead being someone else entirely.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Geno just looks so good in that pink color.

I choose to support Banjo. If we can't have Banjo as our Microsoft rep, I'll support the Master Chief or probably Thel 'Vadam (the Arbiter). Despite the Master Chief being more of a likely Microsoft rep, I'd definitely choose the Arbiter over the Master Chief to join Smash. Even though the Arbiter is somewhat of a "swordsman", he's more of a unique swordsman; his moves could involve dual wielding energy swords, plasma grenades, and using a carbine. The Arbiter would be like a mix between Snake, Fox, Ike, and Ganondorf. It's never going to happen, but I'd love the Arbiter in Smash.

And I'll also support Isaac and Shadow for being playable characters.

I remember seeing a YouTuber post this in one of their community comments, asking their community if they'd rather have Geno or Skull Kid in the game.
Awesome edit, by the way.
I dont feel that great about banjo in smash, which is weird because it was part of my childhood too, and it's kind of like geno where it's a classic character, but I guess it's more of the stuff i dont connect to anymore. Or maybe it's just i'm looking for something a little more flashy for smash, dunno. But if people still like him, that's enough reason to have some attention i guess.

and yeah, pink geno ftw. :)

It really depends who's coming up with the codenames. Maybe they have some inside stories about the character being brave :p
I was patient, but now im starting to feel like a reveal soon would be nice... :O

D

Deleted member

Fair enough!

As for Joker's name in Japanese, it is still just Joker. Jack is either referencing cards, Jack Frost, or both. It's a bit of a stretch and rather vague, but it fits. That's part of why people are so suspicious about Brave being Erdrick, instead being someone else entirely.
Precisely why I'm pessimistic too, as much as I'd like Dragon Quest to be in. Mother of God it could be Sora after all.

D

Deleted member

I dont feel that great about banjo in smash, which is weird because it was part of my childhood too, and it's kind of like geno where it's a classic character, but I guess it's more of the stuff i dont connect to anymore. Or maybe it's just i'm looking for something a little more flashy for smash, dunno. But if people still like him, that's enough reason to have some attention i guess.

and yeah, pink geno ftw. :)

It really depends who's coming up with the codenames. Maybe they have some inside stories about the character being brave :p
I was patient, but now im starting to feel like a reveal soon would be nice... :O
A reveal soon is a need

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah. Speaking on this, my Smash Ultimate wish list is as follows.

1. Bomberman (AT + Snake is the closest thing we'll get to his playstyle)
2. Banjo
3. K. Rool (confirmed)
4. Geno (Spirit and Mii costume)
5. Erdrick (specifically because of all of the rumors)
6. Custom Robo (Mii Costume and Spirit)
7. Andy from Advance Wars (Spirit)
8. Shovel Knight (AT)
9. Mike Tyson from Mike Tyson's Punch Out (because I'm that guy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom