• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Square Enix doesn't care about our voices. They care about how much Money they can make.

This is just another attempt to push their franchise in the West. A goddamn cynical move

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
You guy's are kind of passively taking Erdrick right now. I'm not going to act like him getting in isn't Grade A corporate bull****
Because screw people being happy or okay with him getting in amirite?

Seriously, tone it and stow it with the conspiracy talk if you seriously think there's no passion in the decision.

Sakurai himself likes Dragon Quest 3, and he okayed the choice of Erdrick if that's who we're getting anyway. Loads of people love that game and series too. No where near as corporate as you think.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Then prove to them that people care about Geno, but be respectful. The last thing we want is someone harassing Square employees.
Frankly, in modern day, the only ones who get what they want are persistent and annoying, with a dash of aggressive.

The memes of certain women looking like they are the kind to want to speak to your manager exist for a reason...

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Frankly, in modern day, the only ones who get what they want are persistent and annoying, with a dash of aggressive.

The memes of certain women looking like they are the kind to want to speak to your manager exist for a reason...
Companies don't care about the quiet guy's lol. They think they'll buy whatever they give them

Nicnac

Smash Ace

The Kutthroats and Ridley supporters beg to differ. Not a bad word out of them for a long time.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
You guy's are kind of passively taking Erdrick right now. I'm not going to act like him getting in isn't Grade A corporate bull****
Square Enix doesn't care about our voices. They care about how much Money they can make.

This is just another attempt to push their franchise in the West. A goddamn cynical move
You know what? You're such an egoist person, and I hate that.

Don't try to force the others to look the situation just like you and don't you dare to downgrade people when they're trying to go on. Everyone has his own way to do things and stuff.

Sorry for being disrespectful but chill out buddy. At the same time stop with the "If you support DQ you're supporting being anti-LGBT and denying war crimes". That's just childish and stupid. Do you feel better because of your own conclutions on topic? It's ok but don't drag everyone with it.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
The Kutthroats and Ridley supporters beg to differ. Not a bad word out of them for a long time.
But they were aggressive. Fanart, posting it everywhere, convincing people to vote for K. Rool. It was a propaganda campaign to get him elected into Smash.

We've been showing desire and support for just as long (maybe longer) and they already acknowledged us with the Mii Costume. At this point it's whether or not they care, and signs are showing to no.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
They were first party and base game. It's easier for Sakurai to slip in one or two fan requests in base roster, especially when they are both first party. DLC's are all expected to make big bucks on their own.

Nicnac

Smash Ace

Don't try to force the others to look the situation just like you and don't you dare to downgrade people when they're trying to go on. Everyone has his own way to do things and stuff.

Sorry for being disrespectful but chill out buddy. At the same time stop with the "If you support DQ you're supporting being anti-LGBT and denying war crimes". That's just childish and stupid. Do you feel better because of your own conclutions on topic? It's ok but don't drag all others with it.
Preach. This guy drives me up the ****ing wall. You come into the Geno thread when it's not Geno to mope and whine, and if you like DQ YOU ARE EVIL. You come into the Squenix thread to argue with literally everybody that isn't a diehard Geno fan that would give their firstborn for him It reflects poorly on you, and by extension the Geno fanbase. Every time.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Preach. This guy drives me up the ****ing wall. You come into the Geno thread when it's not Geno to mope and whine, and if you like DQ YOU ARE EVIL. It reflects poorly on you, and by extension the Geno fanbase. Every time.
I'm simply not able to separate art from the artist. And I get upset when so many people just.... don't care about the rancid **** happening.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I'm simply not able to separate art from the artist. And I get upset when so many people just.... don't care about the rancid **** happening.
That's why they're DQ fans or DQ supporters and not Sugiyama's fans or Sugiyama's Supporters

Can't you tell the difference?
Oh spot it! Sugiyama is gonna die just like me and you.
Get over it kiddo.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Nice. Guilting people that like DQ [READ: NOT SUGIYAMA] and support its rightful place in Smash because you are unable to separate the art from the artist, so now nobody can enjoy it, and if you do, you're racist! It's unbelievably childish, playing the moral high ground card about a video game character.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Even though it ****ing sucks; Dragon Quest and Sugiyama are tangled up with eachother. It's nasty; but that's how it is. One does not talk DQ in Smash without also bringing into discussion the royalties that would be payed to get DQ music into Smash. One cannot happen without the other. In an ideal world; we could get DQ in WITHOUT paying him; but that's just not possible. Hence why he needs to be discussed.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Even though it ****ing sucks; Dragon Quest and Sugiyama are tangled up with eachother. It's nasty; but that's how it is. One does not talk DQ in Smash without also bringing into discussion the royalties that would be payed to get DQ music into Smash. One cannot happen without the other. In an ideal world; we could get DQ in WITHOUT paying him; but that's just not possible. Hence why he needs to be discussed.
Why? I think Sugiyama is a bigoted prick, sure. His music is still good and I'd pay him for his honest work.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Ouh, It would be embarrassing if you had bought the fighter pass before having these conclusions.

oof

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys what did I miss? Did Geno get deconfirmed? Everything got so crazy all of a sudden.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys what did I miss? Did Geno get deconfirmed? Everything got so crazy all of a sudden.
No, Geno did not get deconfirmed. Eddy technically got confirmed, but it doesn't mean that Geno is out. "Only 1 SE rep" is a fanmade rule

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
The composer is being paid for composing music, not for his views. I agree his views are particularly bad, but that's not what he's getting paid for. And honestly, as a person who reads more than posts, it's honestly tiring to have this subject brought up again and again.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Sorry for being disrespectful but chill out buddy. At the same time stop with the "If you support DQ you're supporting being anti-LGBT and denying war crimes". That's just childish and stupid. Do you feel better because of your own conclutions on topic? It's ok but don't drag everyone with it.
Honestly I see both sides.

You are trying to keep politics out of this and asking someone to not lump everyone together, but I see Optimist's side too.

Geno is not in the game as a playable character, yet DQ is getting a rep when there is little request for it. Be honest with yourself, almost no one here in this subthread wants him. I can say with confidence that most of the people on Smash Boards don't want him, and with slightly less confidence that the majority of the Smash community doesn't want him. If the amount of requests for a DQ rep is low even in Japan, the only real region that shows real love to the franchise, then you can imagine how much lower the request for a DQ rep is outside of Japan.

Yet, despite our pleas and support and the fact that Geno is easier to license and would make Square more money and Sakurai SEEMLY desiring the character as well, all current signs point to a Saiyan-wannabe with a headband. They listened to Ridley fans and K. Rool fans and supposedly Simon fans, but Geno fans? We got the boot this time, a Mii Costume in a previous title and a JPG with little functionality in this one is all we get. Hell, even if the Mii Costumes come back (which there is no 100% proof that we are getting any after Rex, or that all the old ones will be back) they will likely be banned from tourney play, so we can;t even support Geno on the competitive scene!

It's frustrating when everyone is being heard but you, I'm sure Issac fans can relate. Sure, they made off and celebrated a day for themselves and got heard, but Nintendo ALREADY knows we want Geno, it's literally in their hands and yet here we are, talking about how unlikely he is to get in instead about his cool moveset and what his match-ups might be like.

Uh, does it REALLY though? Your opinions on a man can be debated elsewhere, but Geno's chances have nothing to do with Sugiyama's beliefs, and that's what we talk about here: Geno in Smash, and his competition. Take the politics somewhere else, brother.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
There's evidence in the data now that seems to point to Erdrick.
Oh, well that really sucks. MAybe we can try to campaign for a SMRPG Remake/Sequel or wave 2. I see you guys are already talking about that one. Either way, I hope Eddy has got a fun playstyle and they're able to incorporate something like the movesets brought up in his thread.

Operation Starfall has begun!

Fellow Geno fans, let's bring him and Mallow back to the Mario series! We may have lost one battle, but we have not lost the war!
I have signed and will do what I can to help. Even if he can't get into smash, getting them back in the limelight would be awesome.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Operation Starfall has begun!

Fellow Geno fans, let's bring him and Mallow back to the Mario series! We may have lost one battle, but we have not lost the war!
These things always seem way too long term. If we're lucky and some how do get Geno in more games; we STILL have to wait for the next Smash before he has a shot to get in. I've seen the same thing go on with the Isaac bros and I just don't think it will get anywhere any time soon. It's really lofty. Pushing for Smash is a much more reasonable goal.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Honestly I see both sides.

You are trying to keep politics out of this and asking someone to not lump everyone together, but I see Optimist's side too.

Geno is not in the game as a playable character, yet DQ is getting a rep when there is little request for it. Be honest with yourself, almost no one here in this subthread wants him. I can say with confidence that most of the people on Smash Boards don't want him, and with slightly less confidence that the majority of the Smash community doesn't want him. If the amount of requests for a DQ rep is low even in Japan, the only real region that shows real love to the franchise, then you can imagine how much lower the request for a DQ rep is outside of Japan.

Yet, despite our pleas and support and the fact that Geno is easier to license and would make Square more money and Sakurai SEEMLY desiring the character as well, all current signs point to a Saiyan-wannabe with a headband. They listened to Ridley fans and K. Rool fans and supposedly Simon fans, but Geno fans? We got the boot this time, a Mii Costume in a previous title and a JPG with little functionality in this one is all we get. Hell, even if the Mii Costumes come back (which there is no 100% proof that we are getting any after Rex, or that all the old ones will be back) they will likely be banned from tourney play, so we can;t even support Geno on the competitive scene!

It's frustrating when everyone is being heard but you, I'm sure Issac fans can relate. Sure, they made off and celebrated a day for themselves and got heard, but Nintendo ALREADY knows we want Geno, it's literally in their hands and yet here we are, talking about how unlikely he is to get in instead about his cool moveset and what his match-ups might be like.

Uh, does it REALLY though? Your opinions on a man can be debated elsewhere, but Geno's chances have nothing to do with Sugiyama's beliefs, and that's what we talk about here: Geno in Smash, and his competition. Take the politics somewhere else, brother.
This is all wonderfully phrased. Strifer's points are quite valid but the way they are presented devalues them, and he only digs himself deeper.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
This is all wonderfully phrased. Strifer's points are quite valid but the way they are presented devalues them, and he only digs himself deeper.
Thanks for the compliment, and I agree the way he presents himself and perhaps even his main focus defeats his arguments before anyone else ever could.

Most people complain about me being wordy. ;(

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People can believe what they want but we honestly have another 10 months until all of the characters are revealed. Still, support Operation Starfall either way. It's something productive to do while we all sit on our asses of varying soreness for the rest of the news to come in.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
People can believe what they want but we honestly have another 10 months until all of the characters are revealed. Still, support Operation Starfall either way. It's something productive to do while we all sit on our ***** of varying soreness for the rest of the news to come in.
10 months to push like hell with nothing in our way (what have we got to lose haha) if you wanna come from a glass half full angle! We aren't stopping until Geno is given the respect he deserves!

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Piranha Plant followed by three anime sword users... what the **** is this franchise. **** the fighter pass and **** your ****ty game; you're lucky I even bought it. Such ****ty character selection that most of it deserved to be leaked.

Everything from the reveal to K. Rool was flawless; everything after has just gotten worse and worse.

I agree with some of the things you said, but I disagree about Odyssey only taking place in the Mushroom Kingdom. Odyssey wouldn't have been called "Odyssey" if it only took place in the Mushroom Kingdom. Odyssey was great being around the planet, but it should've had a few more kingdoms to explore because some continents on the planet didn't have kingdoms, and for some reason they decided to remove Isle Delfino from the game... that was the one thing many people were looking forward to, but they decided to scrap that. Nintendo doesn't think sometimes either, I agree with that, because they're having Odyssey DLC with costumes but not a new kingdom to explore or Isle Delfino as DLC? Like c'mon, we already beat the game and they're still making new costumes for the game.

I said this before, but a huge opportunity they missed was not putting a life-sized Geno doll in the game to possess with Cappy. This is one of the reasons why I wish Geno was bought by Nintendo back in the '90s because a Geno doll to possess in Odyssey would've been amazing and perfect for a boss fight.
I think it's time they should evolve Mario sandbox games to be more than just random fragments of land, but an actual connected world. The leap from 64 to Sunshine was stunning, but the leap from Sunshine to Odyssey (which was over twice as long)...

Huge missed opportunity to put Geno in Mario/Rabbids as well. He also makes more sense as a toy-to-life amiibo character than anyone else.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Listen guys, I know it’s getting really tense in here due to the fact that a character was located in the games files, but I’m getting real tired of coming in here and seeing you guys at eachothers throats. It’s a real ****ty atmosphere, and it’s getting old.

It’s video games people, and I know that’s not something I should say lightly since a lot of you have wanted this character in for ages, but please take a step back and calm down.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post; trolling
HAHAHAJAJAJAJAAJJAAJAJAJHAHAAHHAA

Go **** yourself Square and NoJ.

YOU STARTED OFF SO WELL AND ALREADY ****ED IT UP

StormC

Smash Hero
Piranha Plant followed by three anime sword users... what the **** is this franchise. **** the fighter pass and **** your ****ty game; you're lucky I even bought it. Such ****ty character selection that most of it deserved to be leaked.
Three? I must have missed the memo... Joker doesn't even use a sword.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

Everything from the reveal to K. Rool was flawless; everything after has just gotten worse and worse.

I think it's time they should evolve Mario sandbox games to be more than just random fragments of land, but an actual connected world. The leap from 64 to Sunshine was stunning, but the leap from Sunshine to Odyssey (which was over twice as long)...

Huge missed opportunity to put Geno in Mario/Rabbids as well. He also makes more sense as a toy-to-life amiibo character than anyone else.
Ay; don't diss my girl Isabelle like that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anger is a hell of a motivator but you have to channel it in the right way. Let's make a deadline, eh? Let's produce something tangible by E3. How does that sound? I'm still supporting Geno in this game but let's do something with this. Some of you are indignant, okay, what are you going to do about it? papagenos papagenos TerminalMontage TerminalMontage Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom