• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
"Unfortunately, while we wanted to make Geno playable, it turns out that there's a png of him already in the game named "Geno" and we can't find a way around this so he can't be playable. Please understand."
Lol I know this is a joke but I don't think anyone is seriously arguing this. This is a valid argument if the DLC fighters were chosen after developement, and even one I've made for assists before, but evidence is pointing towards them being decided while the game was still in development, and during a time spirits could be removed/added.

D

Deleted member

Why is this even a ****ing argument when Partner Pikachu was added in an update and Cloud uses his Smash render for his fighter spirit.

Logic doesn’t apply to who or what a spirit is. Your theories aren’t facts.

Stop it.
****ing thank you
****ing ****ing thank you. You 2 are mvps of this thread

TreeBranch TreeBranch the thing is that a different team decided the spirits. Not Sakurai. If Sakurai wants to make a character who is a spirit a fighter, he will. Spirits are the decision of the team

Last edited by a moderator:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Lol I know this is a joke but I don't think anyone is seriously arguing this. This is a valid argument if the DLC fighters were chosen after developement, and even one I've made for assists before, but evidence is pointing towards them being decided while the game was still in development, and during a time spirits could be removed/added.
But that’s why people bring up how Mewtwo and Lucas were trophies in Sm4sh even though they clearly were in development concurrently.

D

Deleted member

When Ultimate was completed: Nov. 14th
When Ultimate DLC was picked: Nov. 6th

The Spirits weren't chosen with DLC in mind. Spirits were chosen with EVERYONE in mind.
Well, I think the DLC was decided before 2017, because Sakurai mentioned that characters like Rex and Spring Man were too new to be included as fighters, and I think he mentioned that DLC was decided during development in the last Smash Direct anyway, but still, spirits were decided on by a separate team, not Sakurai

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
>1. Geno and Mallow are listed as Mario Spirits,

WAIT, SO THOSE IMAGES OF GENO IVE SEEN AS A SPIRIT ARE REAL?!!?

No way.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
****ing ****ing thank you. You 2 are mvps of this thread

TreeBranch TreeBranch the thing is that a different team decided the spirits. Not Sakurai. If Sakurai wants to make a character who is a spirit a fighter, he will. Spirits are the decision of the team
I mean, I'm sure Sakurai had some input. If he wanted to disclude DLC from being spirits, which is possible considering Pirahna Plant is not a spirit, he definitely could. It could have been all the spirit team I guess though

The Spirits weren't chosen with DLC in mind. Spirits were chosen with EVERYONE in mind.
I've always thought this was more Sakurai trying confirm that DLC indeed had been decided, not that they were decided at that very moment. I find that to be a bit silly
But that’s why people bring up how Mewtwo and Lucas were trophies in Sm4sh even though they clearly were in development concurrently.
I feel like adding two 1st party (I know Pokemon is kinda weird but whatever) characters is very different from adding Geno, a character that was probably not too easy to get. I'm extremely worried he's a consolation prize.

Edit: I'm going to stop debating now, as this is Geno's support thread and I do support him. Good luck

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

>no ballot coming
Is this article mention another edition of "Sakurai never said that"? I'm fairly certain what he said was in the context of "we're working on DLC, please don't flood Twitter with requests", not that there wouldn't be a ballot in the future.

Not saying there will be one, but saying there's not gonna be one might be jumping the gun a tad.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that Piranha Plant has no spirit because it was in development before the game was complete, so they held its spirit off for when it's out since they couldn't finish it in time.

D

Deleted member

I mean, I'm sure Sakurai had some input. If he wanted to disclude DLC from being spirits, which is possible considering Pirahna Plant is not a spirit, he definitely could. It could have been all the spirit team I guess though

I've always thought this was more Sakurai trying confirm that DLC indeed had been decided, not that they were decided at that very moment. I find that to be a bit silly

I feel like adding two 1st party (I know Pokemon is kinda weird but whatever) characters is very different from adding Geno, a character that was probably not too easy to get. I'm extremely worried he's a consolation prize.
I am pretty sure about them deciding all the spirits. If he had more input, I don't think he would stress a different team deciding the spirits.

Again, PP is a bonus, and him and Joker were revealed before we were supposed to know the list of spirits.

I don't think being third party or first party matters when coming to trophies and spirits. It actually increases his chances because it means that Sakurai and Nintendo have the rights to him.

If the spirit was a consultation prize, Geno would be an assist trophy, since Sakurai and Nintendo are aware of his popularity and have the rights to him, and he would have some music tracks, since, again, they are aware of his popularity, and they got the rights to Beware the Forest's Mushrooms, since they were able to use it for the Geno Mii costume reveal, and Yoko Shimmomura owns them (I think), and Yoko is composing music for Ultimate

Edit: Oh, I replied too quickly. Thank you

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I am pretty sure about them deciding all the spirits. If he had more input, I don't think he would stress a different team deciding the spirits.

Again, PP is a bonus, and him and Joker were revealed before we were supposed to know the list of spirits.

I don't think being third party or first party matters when coming to trophies and spirits. It actually increases his chances because it means that Sakurai and Nintendo have the rights to him.

If the spirit was a consultation prize, Geno would be an assist trophy, since Sakurai and Nintendo are aware of his popularity and have the rights to him, and he would have some music tracks, since, again, they are aware of his popularity, and they got the rights to Beware the Forest's Mushrooms, since they were able to use it for the Geno Mii costume reveal, and Yoko Shimmomura owns them (I think), and Yoko is composing music for Ultimate

Edit: Oh, I replied too quickly. Thank you
Those are all good points. I have to hope at least if he doesn't make it, Nintendo sees our dedication and realizes he has thousands of fans. I hope we all get our wish fulfilled :)

Xigger

Smash Lord

You're right, Sakurai only made the tweet on Nov. 6th, there's no telling when it finished, and how long it took.

>no ballot coming
Is this article mention another edition of "Sakurai never said that"? I'm fairly certain what he said was in the context of "we're working on DLC, please don't flood Twitter with requests", not that there wouldn't be a ballot in the future.

The article actually linked to his tweet. The second tweet asked not to flood twitter, but the first Tweet said the DLC line-up is now complete. Here's the quote for the lazy:
Sora_Sakurai said:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s DLC line-up is now complete. This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo. I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan.

D

Deleted member

I think the DLC was decided by the end of 2016, or at the end of 2017 at the latest. Sakurai (if I am not mistaken) or someone else said that getting the rights to a character can take about a year, implying that Joker was decided at the end of 2017, since they revealed him this month, December 2018. Since SM and Rex can't be DLC, in wave 1, I think the DLC characters will be characters who are established before 2017

Again, a different team decided the spirits, so this doesn't mean anything for characters who are spirits

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I think the DLC was decided by the end of 2016, or at the end of 2017 at the latest. Sakurai (if I am not mistaken) or someone else said that getting the rights to a character can take about a year, implying that Joker was decided at the end of 2017, since they revealed him this month, December 2018. Since SM and Rex can't be DLC, in wave 1, I think the DLC characters will be characters who are established before 2017

Again, a different team decided the spirits, so this doesn't mean anything for characters who are spirits
And Persona 5 came out in Japan in 2016.

domriver

Smash Lord
lol how come none of the these interviewers ask flat out Sakurai about Geno? lol Not ambush him with complaints but ask him professionally we need Sakurai's word to put the final nail in the coffin for Geno. Either : We couldn't do it this time because xyz or no comment (which would push further speculation) hmmm.
just curious jejej

Ovaltine

Smash Master
lol how come none of the these interviewers ask flat out Sakurai about Geno? lol Not ambush him with complaints but ask him professionally we need Sakurai's word to put the final nail in the coffin for Geno. Either : We couldn't do it this time because xyz or no comment (which would push further speculation) hmmm.
just curious jejej
Let's be real, Sakurai is probably on a huge embargo (self-inflicted or not) on who he can say is definitely confirmed or deconfirmed. Deconfirming Geno or saying spirits deconfirm outright would be a much bigger show of cards and hugely narrow down who could be DLC, either for the fighter's pass or for something miscellaneous. He has to play things right from a dev and marketing perspective. As much as I'd love a flat-out deconfirmation (just to rip the hecking bandaid off), we probably won't get anything like that aside from a possible Mii costume return.

Like... honestly, as a Shadow fan, it hurt seeing him deconfirmed, but I was at least glad to have that bandaid torn instead of left to rot for a whole speculation season. I think apart from Banjo, who didn't get deconfirmed via base game for very obvious reasons, Geno is the only one that hasn't been flat-out denied yet. He's in limbo, and that is absolutely torturous.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Let's be real, Sakurai is probably on a huge embargo (self-inflicted or not) on who he can say is definitely confirmed or deconfirmed. Deconfirming Geno or saying spirits deconfirm outright would be a much bigger show of cards and hugely narrow down who could be DLC, either for the fighter's pass or for something miscellaneous. He has to play things right from a dev and marketing perspective. As much as I'd love a flat-out deconfirmation (just to rip the hecking bandaid off), we probably won't get anything like that aside from a possible Mii costume return.

Like... honestly, as a Shadow fan, it hurt seeing him deconfirmed, but I was at least glad to have that bandaid torn instead of left to rot for a whole speculation season. I think apart from Banjo, who didn't get deconfirmed via base game for very obvious reasons, Geno is the only one that hasn't been flat-out denied yet. He's in limbo, and that is absolutely torturous.
You think that's bad, we still don't know if background characters aren't affected, seeing as Tails runs around in Green Hill and has a spirit. Ms. Pac-Man doesn't even have a spirit, despite a Pac-Land cameo.

Though it is interesting that third party creators are the only ones who deconfirmed characters themselves so far, seeing as both Master Chief and Travis are currently not considered.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You think that's bad, we still don't know if background characters aren't affected, seeing as Tails runs around in Green Hill and has a spirit. Ms. Pac-Man doesn't even have a spirit, despite a Pac-Land cameo.

Though it is interesting that third party creators are the only ones who deconfirmed characters themselves so far, seeing as both Master Chief and Travis are currently not considered.
That's true, but at least in terms of Tails, he's still in a very similar boat to Geno. Ms. Pac-Man, though... yikes. Maybe a DLC echo someday?

Also, in addendum to that, Viewtiful Joe, Dante, Amaterasu, and Wonder Red were all blatantly deconfirmed via NDA reasoning by Kamiya himself, at least for this first pass. We're getting a lot of obviously deconfirmations from third parties. (Hey Square, deconfirm Geno for us and get it out of the way, will ya?!)

D

Deleted member

That's true, but at least in terms of Tails, he's still in a very similar boat to Geno. Ms. Pac-Man, though... yikes. Maybe a DLC echo someday?

Also, in addendum to that, Viewtiful Joe, Dante, Amaterasu, and Wonder Red were all blatantly deconfirmed via NDA reasoning by Kamiya himself, at least for this first pass. We're getting a lot of obviously deconfirmations from third parties. (Hey Square, deconfirm Geno for us and get it out of the way, will ya?!)
Nah. We will wait for his confirmation.

Also, if I am not mistaken, someone involved in creating Bayonetta said that she wouldn't be in Smash 4 before she was DLC. Don't freak out if something like this happens with Geno.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Honestly, a couple of things stick out to me in this article.

1) Sakurai says some these spirits were must-have characters to be represented. This could be good or bad for Geno, depending on if spirits deconfirm or not, for Sakurai may have determined Geno as a 'must-have'. That being said...

2) He mentions spirits in the same breath as Mii costumes and assist trophies. It might not mean much and it could be just the same as trophy representation, especially considering the glut of spirits in the game, but that's another point to the 'spirits deconfirm' argument.

Can't really say any of that looks very good for Geno's chances, at least not for the first fighter's pass.
We can't forget that Sakurai doesn't have any rule, unless it involves assist trophies. We all thought Ridley was too big for Smash, but we were wrong; many thought my Krocodile King was too irrelevant for Smash, but THEY were wrong! Trophies can be upgraded to DLC characters, just like Mewtwo and Lucas were in Smash 4, nor did their trophies or description change after their inclusion either. So there's one point for spirits NOT deconfirming, but like we said, we still have no clue if they do or not. Honestly, I don't think they do because they were involved in the making from another team and they're basically the trophies of Smash Ultimate, but we'll never know. I lean 50/50.

But just think, Geno actually making it as a DLC character would be good news for everyone, and here's why:

-If Geno was a spirit and got in as an actual fighter, this now means even spirits can make it in as DLC characters, which also completely abolishes the "spirits deconfirm" theory.
-Geno would be the first playable character in Smash to return in a game after 20 years, also making it possible for non-retro characters that haven't been in a game for over 20 years to have a chance at being playable in Smash. Right now, Pit currently holds that record for 17 years. (Some do and don't consider Geno as a retro rep, but if this is going towards him being a non-retro character, then this fact is valid.)
-Geno would also be the first SNES character in Smash to only have one major appearance after 22 years.
-Dead characters from the NES can come to Smash, Geno opens the door for dead characters from the SNES era.
-Because of his inclusion, we may see a new Super Mario RPG game and more FF x Mario crossovers.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
-Geno would be the first playable character in Smash to return in a game after 20 years, also making it possible for non-retro characters that haven't been in a game for over 20 years to have a chance at being playable in Smash. Right now, Pit currently holds that record for 17 years. (Some do and don't consider Geno as a retro rep, but if this is going towards him being a non-retro character, then this fact is valid.)
Actually, Sakurai himself has gone on record to state that he places Geno as a retro rep, just to clarify!

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Actually, Sakurai himself has gone on record to state that he places Geno as a retro rep, just to clarify!
That's very good news! I think he'd be considered a retro rep of the SNES era!
It doesn't matter if they are variations or not, they are the same character. Wearing a different outfit doesn't equal different character. You also can't call the Geno spirit Geno (Classic) without hinting at something
Exactly, that definitely just gives it away. Pit's original spirit is in there named as "Pit (Classic)", if Geno's was named as "Geno (Classic)", then that person who made a mistake would be screwed. Remember what happened to the intern that accidentally made the Galaga Medley titled as "Bloody Tears / Monster Dance"? We never heard from them ever again. I think we're aware that the developers are smart enough to name name his spirit that, that is IF he's one of the DLC characters, so for now it'd just be "Geno".

I'm sure the team is more secure on checking for mistakes, especially after the "Bloody Tears" incident before the August Direct.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure everyone here already knew that.

Don't act like you're the only person to figure that out.
>1. Geno and Mallow are listed as Mario Spirits,

WAIT, SO THOSE IMAGES OF GENO IVE SEEN AS A SPIRIT ARE REAL?!!?

No way.
Oh boy, here come the cool kids on the block, wish I could be like them and take things out of context to make cute quips instead of provide anything relevant to the situation...

Oh, you guys are serious? You mean, when I blatantly said in that exact paragraph and talking point that they are listed as Mario characters by Nintendo and not SMRPG characters when they are owned by Square, you didn't see that part and cut it short or glossed over it because reading is difficult? Jesus Christo, guys, this forum doesn't have to be funshine and rainbows every waking moment especially when the reality is our character is mostly forgotten and obscure and likely has little chance to return in anything, much less the greatest platform fighter that was ever made and ever will be made.

Sorry, that was a bit rude of me, I was busy channeling my inner Datboigeno Datboigeno

Reminder that Piranha Plant has no spirit because it was in development before the game was complete, so they held its spirit off for when it's out since they couldn't finish it in time.
Doesn't matter why it was held, only that is was held. Nipper Plant wasn't, Petey Piranha wasn't, but Piranha Plant itself was? It's also an interesting note that, had we not datamined the game prior to release, we wouldn't know that until just recently Joker/Persona and Piranha Plant don't have regular Spirits in the game...meaning we would have this SAME exact argument that Spirits deconfirm characters vs they do not deconfirm except the conversation would be fresh and new instead of being almost a month old now. It's also funny because if either character comes with playable Spirits of either themselves or their franchise, then it nigh-confirms that Spirits will never be playable DLC characters.

With that in mind it seems that thus far, like I mentioned already, DLC characters at least do not have themselves in the base game as a functioning Spirit and at most have no one from their franchise as a functioning Spirit. Thus, unless the third reveal breaks this trend, I think it will be safe to say that Spirits do in fact deconfirm if they are of the playable variety.

Also, word to those who are getting upset over wording: most people are open to suggestion and just don't feel like adding 'maybe' or 'it's not 100, but...' or 'I mean I think it's silly, but suppose it was possible' to everything they type or say. Thus, when someone is talking about a theory, they can wholly not believe in it and never mention once anything that implies they don't believe it. Most people are intelligent enough that they don't believe far-fetched theories, but they merely like to humor them, like how I humor all the small things that people point out to when they think their obscure character has a chance for Smash.

Sorry if my desire to be realistic and as unbiased as possible to represent all possible options and scenarios clashes with your dream paradise.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Man, I hope so. Bamco has a lot of goodwill to regain with Ms. Pac-Man fans, even besides Smash.

That's right, Kamiya did bring up that poll of his. Dante did score as number one with Ammy trailing behind, for what that's worth.

That's very good news! I think he'd be considered a retro rep of the SNES era!

Exactly, that definitely just gives it away. Pit's original spirit is in there named as "Pit (Classic)", if Geno's was named as "Geno (Classic)", then that person who made a mistake would be screwed. Remember what happened to the intern that accidentally made the Galaga Medley titled as "Bloody Tears / Monster Dance"? We never heard from them ever again. I think we're aware that the developers are smart enough to name name his spirit that, that is IF he's one of the DLC characters, so for now it'd just be "Geno".

I'm sure the team is more secure on checking for mistakes, especially after the "Bloody Tears" incident before the August Direct.
Meanwhile, we still don't know why Zero is labelled as Zero (Mega Man), when no one else in the entire game is called Zero...

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Sorry if my desire to be realistic and as unbiased as possible to represent all possible options and scenarios clashes with your dream paradise.
Well, I, for one, absolutely welcome your perspective. I think the fact that you bring the other side of the coin to speculation is a good thing. It may not be what people want to hear, and I understand that, but let's be real here: our boy's chances are looking rather bleak. I want nothing more than for him to be DLC, but blind optimism will just crush me harder later down the line. I'm expecting him not to make it myself, so on the off chance that he does, I'll be overjoyed. If not, though, I'll be disappointed, but not horribly, terribly so.

People have to look at reality here. We can't ignore the fact that Geno never being playable is a very real possibility. So, thank you, man. It's nice to have people willing to smack down the ruler and give a reality check, because hopes can be rather blinding.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I like to think that the possible list for DLC had been planned in advance. I doubt Nintendo would make that list for Sakurai if they didn't reach out to the companies first.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, here come the cool kids on the block, wish I could be like them and take things out of context to make cute quips instead of provide anything relevant to the situation...

Oh, you guys are serious? You mean, when I blatantly said in that exact paragraph and talking point that they are listed as Mario characters by Nintendo and not SMRPG characters when they are owned by Square, you didn't see that part and cut it short or glossed over it because reading is difficult? Jesus Christo, guys, this forum doesn't have to be funshine and rainbows every waking moment especially when the reality is our character is mostly forgotten and obscure and likely has little chance to return in anything, much less the greatest platform fighter that was ever made and ever will be made.

Sorry, that was a bit rude of me, I was busy channeling my inner Datboigeno Datboigeno

Doesn't matter why it was held, only that is was held. Nipper Plant wasn't, Petey Piranha wasn't, but Piranha Plant itself was? It's also an interesting note that, had we not datamined the game prior to release, we wouldn't know that until just recently Joker/Persona and Piranha Plant don't have regular Spirits in the game...meaning we would have this SAME exact argument that Spirits deconfirm characters vs they do not deconfirm except the conversation would be fresh and new instead of being almost a month old now. It's also funny because if either character comes with playable Spirits of either themselves or their franchise, then it nigh-confirms that Spirits will never be playable DLC characters.

With that in mind it seems that thus far, like I mentioned already, DLC characters at least do not have themselves in the base game as a functioning Spirit and at most have no one from their franchise as a functioning Spirit. Thus, unless the third reveal breaks this trend, I think it will be safe to say that Spirits do in fact deconfirm if they are of the playable variety.

Also, word to those who are getting upset over wording: most people are open to suggestion and just don't feel like adding 'maybe' or 'it's not 100, but...' or 'I mean I think it's silly, but suppose it was possible' to everything they type or say. Thus, when someone is talking about a theory, they can wholly not believe in it and never mention once anything that implies they don't believe it. Most people are intelligent enough that they don't believe far-fetched theories, but they merely like to humor them, like how I humor all the small things that people point out to when they think their obscure character has a chance for Smash.

Another reminder that PP is a bonus and him and Joker were revealed before we were supposed to know all the spirits.

DLC in Smash 4 had characters with trophies become DLC and characters who didn't have trophies become DLC. This DLC, like I mentioned before, is likely to be the same.

I find myself constantly restating my points, but, again, we won't get a set answer until all of the DLC is revealed. Spirits likely don't deconfirm though.

That said, don't assume that spirits deconfirm if the next DLC character is revealed and doesn't have a spirit, third party or not.

In fact, I think Lloyd will be the next character, but that isn't going to change my view on spirits deconfirming or not

REZERO

Smash Journeyman

All I'm reading from you is that spirits do deconfirm potential characters even though we haven't had a single rep come out and disclose that information, you can make an educated guess at most. Conveniently, in your post you just assume that we've read Sakurai's interviews, why don't you assume we all know that Geno is a spirit and is listed as a mario character. I mean, the name's in the title Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
If spirits deconfirm (alongside AT and stuff such as Captain Toad in New Donk City background)then... Who is left ?

Did they really removed precisly 6 spirits so that they could be fighters ? Or refused to make them spirits ?

Also , we don't even know if we're going to get Persona spirits. (beside Joker obviously)

The only way I could see this making sense is if we just get completely new third party rep such as Crash Bandicoot or Sans.
Because there is no reason for them to have spirits in base game without a playable character , a AT , or something like that.

Also yeah , I'm staying in the Geno train , even if it crash , I'll help rebuilding it.

And yeah , looking from every perspective is good but...Man , it's been like 13 years that you have to dealt with "He's less likely because this". Iv'e only see this since 3/4 months ...
And yeah , I know Geno isn't the most likely character , that maybe SE won't even give us the costume back and all we have as the closest thing to Geno is a Mii gunner Geno bootleg with a PNG file attached to him.

I'm personaly aware of that , It's like reminding me that Pac-man grab was trash in Sm4sh. We know Geno's problem with his current situation now , but I also don't see the point in completely giving up support for him altogether (I don't talk about anyone here , or say anyone said this) when bigger miracles happened in this world.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Oh, you guys are serious? You mean, when I blatantly said in that exact paragraph and talking point that they are listed as Mario characters by Nintendo and not SMRPG characters when they are owned by Square, you didn't see that part and cut it short or glossed over it because reading is difficult?
All I'm reading from you is that spirits do deconfirm potential characters even though we haven't had a single rep come out and disclose that information, you can make an educated guess at most. Conveniently, in your post you just assume that we've read Sakurai's interviews, why don't you assume we all know that Geno is a spirit and is listed as a mario character. I mean, the name's in the title Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
Well, I'm surprised people thought Geno would have his own emblem because I know he would be listed as part of the Mario clan (Mushroom Kingdom emblem). The reason why is because his Mii costume even had the Mushroom Kingdom emblem, so in this case he'd be part of the Mario clan, whether he's third-party or not, so Geno and Mallow's spirits being listed as part of the Mario clan makes sense.

Honestly, I hope spirits don't deconfirm, because that would be such a shame if they did. I'd rather just hear it from Sakurai himself instead of us fans arguing over if it does or doesn't deconfirm. A solid answer from him would be nice. You make interesting points, Forsaken, but let's hope we're wrong about them deconfirming. I'm 50/50 on spirits deconfirming characters, but I really hope they don't deconfirm. :/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I personally think the spirits deconfirm theory = 100% trash.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I am not giving up on Geno, no matter what happens. Call me delusional, call me blindsighted, keep telling me I am in denial, but I believe that Geno has a good a shot at DLC

D

Deleted member

Why is this even a ****ing argument when Partner Pikachu was added in an update and Cloud uses his Smash render for his fighter spirit.

Logic doesn’t apply to who or what a spirit is. Your theories aren’t facts.

Stop it.
Theory ≠ Fact.

Realistic ≠ Pessimistic.

Let's all just chill brothers.
Just quoting these posts again. No real reason. Just quoting them again.

I am quoting them because I agree with them

RandomAce

Smash Champion
"Were there ever times where you pointed out a character and said something like “if we’re going to include this series, we can’t not include this character”?

Sakurai: There were times where that happened, sure."
Nani
That’s why Cloud and Simon are in Smash.

And potentially Lloyd if his comment about his Mii Costume are any indication.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Geno fans, I got a question to ask y’all:

Do you feel like Sakurai himself is the best chance Geno ever has in Smash considering he personally desired him since Brawl?

If a new director finally steps in, would he ever know who he is and go through the trouble of negotiating with Square or it will greatly hurt his chances due to a lack of personal interest like Sakurai had?

Not shooting him down, I’ve just been curious since this has been on my mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom