• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

People are sheeple man. We just have to be above the cognitive dissonance is all.

This. This right here is a good point. Outright saying something like that could very well be a hint, and we know Sakurai is the grand secret master and wants to surprise everyone.

I’m personally thinking at least two spirit characters (probably legendaries) are gonna be dlc.
Same. I need them to be Geno and Ninten They are probably going to be characters who are legendary spirits, along with being an online icon

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Same. I need them to be Geno and Ninten They are probably going to be characters who are legendary spirits, along with being an online icon
I’ll look over player icons again when I’m done with finals. There’s a good 250 that are spirits but I’m sure not all of them are legendary.

And the general thread is full of them. I left that cesspool for what I'm planning to be for a long while after everyone started lusting over Katalina's bikini.
Yikes this fandom is a mess... Can’t forget Gamefaqs and numerous YouTube comment sections. (For your own sanity never look in a LaxChris comment section.) Fake news. Fake news and young impressionable children everywhere.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
And the general thread is full of them. I left that cesspool for what I'm planning to be for a long while after everyone started lusting over Katalina's bikini.
I’ll look over player icons again when I’m done with finals. There’s a good 250 that are spirits but I’m sure not all of them are legendary.

Yikes this fandom is a mess... Can’t forget Gamefaqs and numerous YouTube comment sections. (For your own sanity never look in a LaxChris comment section.) Fake news. Fake news and young impressionable children everywhere.
Cough you know that the fanbase isn't separated and there's people Crossing over right?
The general is what it is.
A general. People's from all fanbase talking with each others having different opinions.

Not to be means, but don't call people on their bull**** by throwing negativity on their back, that's like the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyway. While I don't think Spirit means **** for DLC, we might, by coincidence not see any Spirit as DLC until either Geno is revealed or never if he's not.

Which absolutely suck hard since it means MORE WAIT AND DEBATE

And the spirit = deconfirmation is probably the worst debate to have.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Cough you know that the fanbase isn't separated and there's people Crossing over right?
A general. People's from all fanbase talking with each others having different opinions.

Not to be means, but don't call people on their bull**** by throwing negativity on their back, that's like the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyway. While I don't think Spirit means **** for DLC, we might, by coincidence not see any Spirit as DLC until either Geno is revealed or never if he's not.

I think most people that debate Smash even if they’re new are technically part of the fandom whether we like it or not. Spirit debate is literally the worst thing ever though I’ll give you that.

Sorry I’m just kinda sick of certain comment sections, mostly Laxchris’s. Honestly the only reason why I even look there is because by some luck I ended up as one of his moderators like back in August.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It will be interesting to see what kind of fighter spirit Piranha Plant and Joker receive. Imagine the DLC fighter spirits are just their CSS image like Cloud.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

If you want to be technical, the threads with no detractors at all are for the characters that barely have much in the way of supporters.

I'm sorry, but at least the other threads don't eventually go back into the same cycle of "maybe Goku/Mickey Mouse/Popeye can get in, nah they won't", "Digimon are impossible" and "let's talk about Pokemon and less about Smash for a few hours". I honestly got tired of the same things being brought up on and on like a broken record.

That being said, we don't know for sure what criteria spirits would need to be promoted. They're trophy equivalents, as it stands.

It will be interesting to see what kind of fighter spirit Piranha Plant and Joker receive. Imagine the DLC fighter spirits are just their CSS image like Cloud.
Good lord I hope not. That would break the fans even more.

Last edited:

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Also, something I’ve been thinking about with the whole spirits deconfirming thing. I don’t think it would make sense in the context of the story of Smash U and Smash as a whole.

1. That’s deconfirming maybe 1200 plus characters as we’ve already established. And remember all those DQ counter arguments? We can’t say that those are all characters Sakurai couldn’t use because if he can come up with a move set for PPlant he can do anything right? Lets also remember that out of all these spirits, Geno is the only one he has specifically wanted playable and hasn’t made it into the game yet, not even in Mii Costume form.

2. My main thought: it honestly would not make sense in the context of the story. Remember the opening intro, the bee from DKC, that mole lady from Animal Crossing and that black knight (I clearly don’t know any of their names) were all there, on the same cliff as the fighters, fully rendered in 3D before they were also blown away by Galeem’s light. But they turned to spirits. Spirits who would inhabit the bodies of the fighters, sort of like possession. For all intents and purposes each spirit is a potential fighter, but because they lost their body, they possess the body of a fighter, which is why that fighter takes on the properties of that spirit. When you fight Mario Tennis, story wise, it HAS to be either an alternate Mario, or literally just Mario momentarily possessing a copy of his own body to fight you. Technically speaking, Geno is in the game, and he possesses a copy of Shiek’s body to fight you. At the end of WoL
All the spirits are set free
which means that at any point, they can come back to their original bodies or new bodies. (Depending on how you want to look at Mario.) This said, the story leaves things open enough to where any spirit can potentially upgrade to a fighter.

4. Apparently Isaac and Shadow are legendary spirits but Shantae, Rayman, AND Bomberman are all around ACE level and only Bomberman actually appears from ACE level spirits, BUT Isaac and Shadow are ATs. Despite being Spirits, they STILL APPEAR in game.

Also, watched the Game Theory on Smash. I think we took it a little too harshly. While he MAY have been calling the Geno fandom toxic, I don’t really think so. It looks to be using Geno as a popular character with a huge fandom, as speaking point to how toxic fandoms go “I want this character in or I’m not buying the game” (which I honestly did say at one point) or Sakurai does things to please the fans, but no matter what he does, some people will not be pleased (the example in video is how we want Geno, but weren’t satisfied with the Mii Costume because ultimately, it wasn’t Geno. I don’t necessarily think we did that. Some of us actually want the costume back at the very least). But no where does MatPat explicitly say “The Geno fandom is toxic”. He just uses Geno and Geno situations as a talking point of a broader way into how they can be toxic. And...honestly he has like 900k followers sooooo yay more people who know about Geno

ONE MORE THING: Reggie did a little statement for IGN today about E3. Based on what he said we probably won’t see any official Smash DLC news until E3 AT THE LATEST. This is of course, outside of leaks/insiders but considering how slow that’s been, we probably gonna be playing a bit more of the waiting game

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I have one beef with this and one beef alone.

Wasn't Popeye already confirmed? :4pacman:
Sure, he's right here. :ultmario:

Kidding aside I wouldn't mind him, but he's not public domain everywhere yet.

Also, something I’ve been thinking about with the whole spirits deconfirming thing. I don’t think it would make sense in the context of the story of Smash U and Smash as a whole.

1. That’s deconfirming maybe 1200 plus characters as we’ve already established. And remember all those DQ counter arguments? We can’t say that those are all characters Sakurai couldn’t use because if he can come up with a move set for PPlant he can do anything right? Lets also remember that out of all these spirits, Geno is the only one he has specifically wanted playable and hasn’t made it into the game yet, not even in Mii Costume form.

2. My main thought: it honestly would not make sense in the context of the story. Remember the opening intro, the bee from DKC, that mole lady from Animal Crossing and that black knight (I clearly don’t know any of their names) were all there, on the same cliff as the fighters, fully rendered in 3D before they were also blown away by Galeem’s light. But they turned to spirits. Spirits who would inhabit the bodies of the fighters, sort of like possession. For all intents and purposes each spirit is a potential fighter, but because they lost their body, they possess the body of a fighter, which is why that fighter takes on the properties of that spirit. When you fight Mario Tennis, story wise, it HAS to be either an alternate Mario, or literally just Mario momentarily possessing a copy of his own body to fight you. Technically speaking, Geno is in the game, and he possesses a copy of Shiek’s body to fight you. At the end of WoL
All the spirits are set free
which means that at any point, they can come back to their original bodies or new bodies. (Depending on how you want to look at Mario.) This said, the story leaves things open enough to where any spirit can potentially upgrade to a fighter.

4. Apparently Isaac and Shadow are legendary spirits but Shantae, Rayman, AND Bomberman are all around ACE level and only Bomberman actually appears from ACE level spirits, BUT Isaac and Shadow are ATs. Despite being Spirits, they STILL APPEAR in game.

Also, watched the Game Theory on Smash. I think we took it a little too harshly. While he MAY have been calling the Geno fandom toxic, I don’t really think so. It looks to be using Geno as a popular character with a huge fandom, as speaking point to how toxic fandoms go “I want this character in or I’m not buying the game” (which I honestly did say at one point) or Sakurai does things to please the fans, but no matter what he does, some people will not be pleased (the example in video is how we want Geno, but weren’t satisfied with the Mii Costume because ultimately, it wasn’t Geno. I don’t necessarily think we did that. Some of us actually want the costume back at the very least). But no where does MatPat explicitly say “The Geno fandom is toxic”. He just uses Geno and Geno situations as a talking point of a broader way into how they can be toxic. And...honestly he has like 900k followers sooooo yay more people who know about Geno

ONE MORE THING: Reggie did a little statement for IGN today about E3. Based on what he said we probably won’t see any official Smash DLC news until E3 AT THE LATEST. This is of course, outside of leaks/insiders but considering how slow that’s been, we probably gonna be playing a bit more of the waiting game
Yeah, I was thinking the ending could factor into things.

Also, nothing like bad publicity. The only obstacle is SE's legal jungle.

Let's hope by the end of it all that it's not the crying game instead.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
At this point I would honestly be grateful for the Mii costume to return since I can use it online; definitely better than nothing, but the fact Mii costumes were never announced as part of the DLC packages is troubling.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
At this point I would honestly be grateful for the Mii costume to return since I can use it online; definitely better than nothing, but the fact Mii costumes were never announced as part of the DLC packages is troubling.
It's extremely worrying. I still don't have the link to the article wherein Reggie said DLC costumes were not planned at the moment, but if he's right and it stays that way, that doesn't bode well. It really makes Geno's inclusion an all or nothing situation. Either we get Geno himself playable... or we get nothing, not even a semblance of playing as him.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who realized the Mii Swordfighter has that disk-throwing move that could ideally be implemented into Geno as well?

DIY

Smash Apprentice
So, I just had an interesting thought relating to Geno, based on a new interview with Sakurai that just came out here: https://www.sourcegaming.info/2018/...re-details-about-smash-ultimates-development/

In the second last paragraph, Sakurai says that he is "sure that when the next Nintendo hardware comes that a similar request will come, but he doesn’t know how he will top it" and that the theme of "'everyone is here' is a miracle, and will probably only happen this one time. Even though some players might start talking about a new Smash in a couple years, there’s no guarantee there will be another as Smash requires the cooperation of so many different parties and is far different than a simple sequel like in other series."

When taking what he says there into consideration of what he says about spirits earlier on, "in order to decide what Spirits were in the game, a team dedicated to the task was formed and researched various series. Players have a lot of love for the characters, so he felt he had to do them all justice," I believe I have a weird theory.

Although this is a complete tinfoil hat speculation theory on my part and I'm extremely jumping the gun here, I have an interesting idea. What if Geno isn't in this Ultimate game because Sakurai or Nintendo want to keep him as a sort of "ace card" up their sleeves for the next game? Sakurai explicitly said that he doesn't know how he'll be able to come up with an even better game than Ultimate since "everyone is here" for this game. But what if, and this is a HUGE "if," Sakurai is saving Geno along with other huge fan-requested characters for the next game as a sort of consolation prize in case he's not able to get everyone back again, like in Ultimate? This would make sense seeing as it would be a great method of appeasing and appealing to mass fans, while not having to go through the effort of getting EVERY single fighter in Ultimate back once again.

Then again though, this is just a weird theory I had which may not hold any water at all, so who knows?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
So, I just had an interesting thought relating to Geno, based on a new interview with Sakurai that just came out here: https://www.sourcegaming.info/2018/...re-details-about-smash-ultimates-development/

In the second last paragraph, Sakurai says that he is "sure that when the next Nintendo hardware comes that a similar request will come, but he doesn’t know how he will top it" and that the theme of "'everyone is here' is a miracle, and will probably only happen this one time. Even though some players might start talking about a new Smash in a couple years, there’s no guarantee there will be another as Smash requires the cooperation of so many different parties and is far different than a simple sequel like in other series."

When taking what he says there into consideration of what he says about spirits earlier on, "in order to decide what Spirits were in the game, a team dedicated to the task was formed and researched various series. Players have a lot of love for the characters, so he felt he had to do them all justice," I believe I have a weird theory.

Although this is a complete tinfoil hat speculation theory on my part and I'm extremely jumping the gun here, I have an interesting idea. What if Geno isn't in this Ultimate game because Sakurai or Nintendo want to keep him as a sort of "ace card" up their sleeves for the next game? Sakurai explicitly said that he doesn't know how he'll be able to come up with an even better game than Ultimate since "everyone is here" for this game. But what if, and this is a HUGE "if," Sakurai is saving Geno along with other huge fan-requested characters for the next game as a sort of consolation prize in case he's not able to get everyone back again, like in Ultimate? This would make sense seeing as it would be a great method of appeasing and appealing to mass fans, while not having to go through the effort of getting EVERY single fighter in Ultimate back once again.

Then again though, this is just a weird theory I had which may not hold any water at all, so who knows?
The only thing I get from that is that there might never be another Smash or if it happens it’ll be a long time from now and will not have all the characters in this game. But also note there isn’t a line about Spirits not being possible fighters.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Jon was also EXTREMELY positive that we would get Shadow as a Sonic Echo or that Incineroar would have a Sun and Moon stage.

He like to mix truth and false to not get spotted. Especially since the discussion where he claim to be positive of Geno is the discussion where he truly make his way to say we will get a Tetris block and stuff like that. Because people were VERY SUSPICIOUS of his "prediction" so he went full Random BS that time

Don't take Jon's word as anything more than Speculation and keep them in mind. Never as gospel
Maybe it's because he really doesn't know anything? Trust no one, remember that no one but the inner-most circles know this DLC.

Vergeben and gamefaqs deserve each other. They are both very toxic.
Frankly, I think if we get the Square rep during E3, it wouldn't be Geno unless we got a SMRPG remake announcement at the same time, as well. If we do get Geno, it'll be as the 2nd reveal, given that would align with a Spring reveal, around which is the anniversary of SMRPG's initial releases on the SNES (in both Japan and the US). If the Square rep is our next one, that at least gives me a sliver of hope, but if it's not, then my hopes are going to be rather low...
If Geno is even a thing at all, I feel that being the second reveal is too soon a thing, and Geno isn't big enough for E3. I think he will be the 4th reveal with anything at all.

The Geno spirit is so weird to me... I still think It's a weird "consolation prize". They could have show him anywhere in the 1st november direct , but they chosed an online sub-mode as a token icon (with 200+ icons and 74 characters) below the character who can see the future... Sakurai NEVER dropped hint before , except the "climax" hint right before Bayo's reveal.
But still , that's such a weird way to do it.

I can't help it but find all of this... Weird.

And take in considerations all the little things like the SMRPG tweet , the trivia question , SMRPG third re-release... It's like an accumulation of coincidences. But , call me crazy , but that look like more like a pattern... As to what this pattern is saying... I don't know.
Keep in mind that NoA is the one striking all these chords with us while NoJ is the one who handed Sakurai a list to pick from. Totally different, like when NoJ was the one forcing the stupid Nintendo Partner Program bull****, NoA understood that it was the wrong way to go about it and understand how the internet aids them in terms of video content of their games.

It's still SE , getting any content in base game that wasn't Cloud is impressive.
And seeing how SE treated Smash Bros... I think they don't realize what a new life Smash Bros can give to these characters... They could pick anyone and make him way more popular... And they haven't done anything to push Cloud a little bit more , or even FF as a whole. Sprites of FF games were enough for spirits...
Except for DQ. Nothing will ever make DQ work well in the West, we simply do not care for whatever it is that it offers.

What would be the point of holding on the the rights to use a character's likeness for 5+ years to wait for the next-gen console to put him in the game? That makes zero sense.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I get from that is that there might never be another Smash or if it happens it’ll be a long time from now and will not have all the characters in this game. But also note there isn’t a line about Spirits not being possible fighters.
I totally expect there to not be another Smash game for like 6-7 years, worst case scenario, but there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that Ultimate is the final Smash game. The Smash series brings Nintendo too much revenue to just stop the series altogether. Even if Sakurai won't be involved in making future Smash game, I sincerely doubt that they would just end the series here.

And true, there isn't a definitive line about Spirits not being possible fighters, but the impression I received from the way he said he got a team to research into which spirits to include leads me believe that that's his apologetic way of including characters in the game that couldn't be turned into fighters. It would make sense in corroboration with PolarPanda's info that Nintendo was shocked to hear the response of Isaac's exclusion because they thought that fans would appreciate the fact that he was implemented in the game without actually being a fighter.

What would be the point of holding on the the rights to use a character's likeness for 5+ years to wait for the next-gen console to put him in the game? That makes zero sense.
My only guess would be since the roster for Smash 5 is already stacked as it is, with a number of fan favourite characters like Ridley and King K. Rool being included, as well as the return of every single character, they didn't want to throw away all their trump cards into one single game. They could have wanted to keep some ideas for future games so that they wouldn't be duds compared to Ultimate.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I totally expect there to not be another Smash game for like 6-7 years, worst case scenario, but there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that Ultimate is the final Smash game. The Smash series brings Nintendo too much revenue to just stop the series altogether. Even if Sakurai won't be involved in making future Smash game, I sincerely doubt that they would just end the series here.

And true, there isn't a definitive line about Spirits not being possible fighters, but the impression I received from the way he said he got a team to research into which spirits to include leads me believe that that's his apologetic way of including characters in the game that couldn't be turned into fighters. It would make sense in corroboration with PolarPanda's info that Nintendo was shocked to hear the response of Isaac's exclusion because they thought that fans would appreciate the fact that he was implemented in the game without actually being a fighter.

My only guess would be since the roster for Smash 5 is already stacked as it is, with a number of fan favourite characters like Ridley and King K. Rool being included, as well as the return of every single character, they didn't want to throw away all their trump cards into one single game. They could have wanted to keep some ideas for future games so that they wouldn't be duds compared to Ultimate.
Yeah sorry m8 I don’t really buy all that. It’s clear there are characters in spirits that could have been fighters but the vast majority weren’t characters that’d ever be realistically considered or requested. I think his comment was more about each spirit fight staying true to the characters even the obscure ones. He could have added a line there about doing that because they aren’t fighters nor will they be. But he didn’t. I also in no way think characters are being saved for an installment that’s at least 4-5 years away.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Every time Sakurai works on and completes a Smash game, he hopes it's the last one and plans to be done, and frankly we the fans and Nintendo the company drag his tired and creatively deprived ass back and squeeze another success out of him. This could easily be the last one forever for Sakurai, but his love for the series will likely bring him back again and again until he physically cannot do it anymore.

With that in mind, why would he hold anything back? It's clear this is meant to be the Ultimate Smash Bros and has as much of what we asked for as he could get in just under three years, so now the DLC should be more of that if possible, right? Nothing will be held for 5+ years for another game with the attitude that each game will be his last, so now is the time if at all.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Hi. I haven't posted here in like a week. Have I missed anything from PolarPanda?

Also, I love playing Mii Gunner in Ultimate, and I want that Geno outfit back so bad. If we don't get the man himself, at least let me pretend I'm playing Geno online.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Hi. I haven't posted here in like a week. Have I missed anything from PolarPanda?
The story that Geno and Sephiroth Were the final candidate, And Sora was turned down pissing off it's creator is 100% false. He explained it in the Square-Enix threads. But TL;DR that """""sources""""" was just spouting more and more bull****

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
The story that Geno and Sephiroth Were the final candidate, And Sora was turned down pissing off it's creator is 100% false. He explained it in the Square-Enix threads. But TL;DR that """""sources""""" was just spouting more and more bull****
Oh boy. That sucks. It did seem like kind of a strange story in retrospect. Square is probably just telling all their employees different names like they usually do.

(I still think Geno is in though.)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Welp. Back to square one I suppose.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
so he even said himself that what he was saying was a load of BS?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
so he even said himself that what he was saying was a load of BS?
Yup.
The "Square Enix finalist being Geno/Sephiroth/ Sora Being turned down and making a riot" thing is bull**** from a random guy with a LinkedIn profile (hellow Grinch Leak)

The only thing that seems true is the list of names going around for a long time and that Geno's name was heard around NoA the 2nd November.
Since then nothing.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I finally got to Geno's spirit, and all I'm saying is that a SUSPICIOUS amount of effort was put in... yet there was STILL no SMRPG music and they could have EASILY replaced Sheik if they brought the Mii Costume back, and it would have been the perfect Spirit battle. I think somthing is fishy.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So if it's true that a separate team created the spirits...

Why would Sakurai limit the DLC choices due to spirits created by someone else? I'm really starting to think that the missing music theory is true and that two dlc characters are gonna be from represented franchises, and since spirits represent a large majority of characters, It'd be safe to say it's gonna be two of them (I mean, two dlc characters in Smash 4 were previously trophies so I don't see a huge logic leap here personally) rather than promotional characters seeing that an update brought Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee spirits. I can see them doing the same for Fire Emblem Three Houses and Metroid Prime 4 by adding Byleth, Edlegard, and Sylux spirits then to promote those games. So there's a fair chance these two franchises will have a character as a spirit first, then fighter later.

The question now is, if this theory is true, who would those two characters be? Geno and Ninten perhaps? Maybe being a Legendary spirit or a Player Icon makes you more likely as well... I'm just spitballing here, but this could possibly lead to something I dunno.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
So if it's true that a separate team created the spirits...

Why would Sakurai limit the DLC choices due to spirits created by someone else? I'm really starting to think that the missing music theory is true and that two dlc characters are gonna be from represented franchises, and since spirits represent a large majority of characters, It'd be safe to say it's gonna be two of them (I mean, two dlc characters in Smash 4 were previously trophies so I don't see a huge logic leap here personally) rather than promotional characters seeing that an update brought Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee spirits. I can see them doing the same for Fire Emblem Three Houses and Metroid Prime 4 by adding Byleth, Edlegard, and Sylux spirits then to promote those games. So there's a fair chance these two franchises will have a character as a spirit first, then fighter later.

The question now is, if this theory is true, who would those two characters be? Geno and Ninten perhaps? Maybe being a Legendary spirit or a Player Icon makes you more likely as well... I'm just spitballing here, but this could possibly lead to something I dunno.
The missing music theory? I'm assuming it's just "this series is missing some music from smash four, so were getting a rep for that." What series is it?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The missing music theory? I'm assuming it's just "this series is missing some music from smash four, so were getting a rep for that." What series is it?
There's three slots in the music list. People are theorizing that it means three new franchises will be dlc while two will be from franchises already present.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
There's three slots in the music list. People are theorizing that it means three new franchises will be dlc while two will be from franchises already present.
Honestly? That's about what I expected anyway. Persona is one, and I'm pretty much expecting either Banjo or Steve at this point. Maybe even both. SMRPG music might get a seperate category, but it's more likely Rayman or Lloyd or whoever else. The best kind of speculation theories are the ones that point toward stuff you already thought would happen. Joker/Banjo/Lloyd/Bandana Dee/Geno would be an awesome fighter pack.

(I don't really care about the first three but they're not bad choices and would make lots of other people happy. As long as I get those last two I'm set :p)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
'sup Geno bros.

I've been trying to beat Adventure Mode to avoid spoilers (well, anymore than I've already seen from the datamine) so I haven't been here in a while, but I got to Geno's Spirit and instantly maxed him after winning the battle. Tried to beat his battle using 'Murica Mario but decided to go Bowser after trying a couple of times. I don't get why Geno was Shiek instead of Mega Man but it was cool.

Anyway, anything new regarding the SE character rumors/leaks or whatever?

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
'sup Geno bros.

I've been trying to beat Adventure Mode to avoid spoilers (well, anymore than I've already seen from the datamine) so I haven't been here in a while, but I got to Geno's Spirit and instantly maxed him after winning the battle. Tried to beat his battle using 'Murica Mario but decided to go Bowser after trying a couple of times. I don't get why Geno was Shiek instead of Mega Man but it was cool.

Anyway, anything new regarding the SE character rumors/leaks or whatever?
Geno was sheik because of her needles I think. Bayonetta would've been the most fitting probably, but she doesn't exactly *look* like Geno, for obvious reasons. Mega Man would be too obvious I guess? Either that or Squeenix didn't want a different 3rd party to represent their 3rd party or something like that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Don't remember who said it but I don't see why Geno couldn't be announced at E3. Alone? Probably not but since 2006, E3 has always featured at least two new characters when it's been used to show newcomers.

06-:ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultsnake::ultwario::ultzss:
13- :ultmegaman::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer:
14-:ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultpalutena:
15- :ultroy::ultryu:
18- :ultdaisy::ultridley:

And if you want to throw Smash focused presentations into the mix:

14 #1- :ultpokemontrainer::ultgreninja:
15- :ultbayonetta::ultcorrin:
18 #1- :ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool:
18 #2- :ultincineroar::ultken::ultpiranha:

Only Smash focused presentation that's had less than 2 was the 50 Fact Extravaganza back in 2014, the one that was post launch and announced DLC for Smash 4 was going to be a thing to begin with.

Yes, I agree Geno probably wouldn't be a stand alone announcement but I could see him supplemented with another character as part of an E3 presentation. Joker's not likely to be released until Spring so #3 and #4 will all but be ready to announce by E3, in my opinion.

Where's #2? Tales is having a 22nd Anniversary stream on the 18th and No More Heroes is having a 2 hour presentation on the 20th. Both are promising big news. They're both wanting a lot of eyes tuned in so it'll be interesting to see what happens, whether they announce anything about Smash or not. I'm still on the boat that Lloyd is very likely based on what's been heard, the Tales team is literally part of the Smash Ultimate development team, and the fact that it's currently the only third party franchise from Smash 4 that's MIA at the moment. We'll see how things play out in about a week though.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Don't remember who said it but I don't see why Geno couldn't be announced at E3. Alone? Probably not but since 2006, E3 has always featured at least two new characters when it's been used to show newcomers.

06-:ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultsnake::ultwario::ultzss:
13- :ultmegaman::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer:
14-:ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultpalutena:
15- :ultroy::ultryu:
18- :ultdaisy::ultridley:

And if you want to throw Smash focused presentations into the mix:

14 #1- :ultpokemontrainer::ultgreninja:
15- :ultbayonetta::ultcorrin:
18 #1- :ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool:
18 #2- :ultincineroar::ultken::ultpiranha:

Only Smash focused presentation that's had less than 2 was the 50 Fact Extravaganza back in 2014, the one that was post launch and announced DLC for Smash 4 was going to be a thing to begin with.

Yes, I agree Geno probably wouldn't be a stand alone announcement but I could see him supplemented with another character as part of an E3 presentation. Joker's not likely to be released until Spring so #3 and #4 will all but be ready to announce by E3, in my opinion.

Where's #2? Tales is having a 22nd Anniversary stream on the 18th and No More Heroes is having a 2 hour presentation on the 20th. Both are promising big news. They're both wanting a lot of eyes tuned in so it'll be interesting to see what happens, whether they announce anything about Smash or not. I'm still on the boat that Lloyd is very likely based on what's been heard, the Tales team is literally part of the Smash Ultimate development team, and the fact that it's currently the only third party franchise from Smash 4 that's MIA at the moment. We'll see how things play out in about a week though.
The 50 fact extravaganza technically did announce more than one, it's just that we already knew about them beforehand because we played the 3ds version. It announced Duck Hunt and someone else I think? In addition to Mewtwo. I'd consider those a character reveal personally.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The 50 fact extravaganza technically did announce more than one, it's just that we already knew about them beforehand because we played the 3ds version. It announced Duck Hunt and someone else I think? In addition to Mewtwo. I'd consider those a character reveal personally.
It was Bowser Jr, which pisses me off because they should have announced him earlier with the Koopalings. That would have been a hype reveal. Personally, I hate Bowser Jr but I love the Koopalings. Back in 2002/2003, they were on my Smash Bros wishlist but I dropped them when I realized that it would be impossible to incorporate them all separately as unique characters.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
It was Bowser Jr, which pisses me off because they should have announced him earlier with the Koopalings. That would have been a hype reveal. Personally, I hate Bowser Jr but I love the Koopalings. Back in 2002/2003, they were on my Smash Bros wishlist but I dropped them when I realized that it would be impossible to incorporate them all separately as unique characters.
I LOVE the Koopalings. I'm so happy they all got in. I just wish the final smash wasn't so Bowser Jr. oriented. The final smash should've been them crashing an airship into the stage or something. The shadow mario one is just kinda lame. Maybe that's just because sunshine isn't my favorite. Have you seen the change where they all use wands from SMB3 instead of a hammer? (Jr still has a hammer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom