• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Don't remember who said it but I don't see why Geno couldn't be announced at E3. Alone? Probably not but since 2006, E3 has always featured at least two new characters when it's been used to show newcomers.

06-:ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultsnake::ultwario::ultzss:
13- :ultmegaman::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer:
14-:ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultpalutena:
15- :ultroy::ultryu:
18- :ultdaisy::ultridley:

And if you want to throw Smash focused presentations into the mix:

14 #1- :ultpokemontrainer::ultgreninja:
15- :ultbayonetta::ultcorrin:
18 #1- :ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool:
18 #2- :ultincineroar::ultken::ultpiranha:

Only Smash focused presentation that's had less than 2 was the 50 Fact Extravaganza back in 2014, the one that was post launch and announced DLC for Smash 4 was going to be a thing to begin with.

Yes, I agree Geno probably wouldn't be a stand alone announcement but I could see him supplemented with another character as part of an E3 presentation. Joker's not likely to be released until Spring so #3 and #4 will all but be ready to announce by E3, in my opinion.

Where's #2? Tales is having a 22nd Anniversary stream on the 18th and No More Heroes is having a 2 hour presentation on the 20th. Both are promising big news. They're both wanting a lot of eyes tuned in so it'll be interesting to see what happens, whether they announce anything about Smash or not. I'm still on the boat that Lloyd is very likely based on what's been heard, the Tales team is literally part of the Smash Ultimate development team, and the fact that it's currently the only third party franchise from Smash 4 that's MIA at the moment. We'll see how things play out in about a week though.
Man it would be nuts if we got ANOTHER reveal, could you imagine?

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Banjo would be an ideal E3 reveal. His nostalgia connection sits at the age where most people at E3 would absolutely freak over it.

Joker was a great one for TGA. Persona 5 was up for GOTY the year prior, and although it's heavily mainstream and commercialized, TGA definitely has a a bit more of a 'hardcore' gamer tone to it than E3.

Geno would be a really good Direct Reveal IMO. A bit more localized to the Smash/Nintendo scene.

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
I was thinking, if Nintendo or Sakurai said "spirits do not deconfirm," then that would definitely confirm that some characters who are spirits will be DLC. I think if spirits couldn't be DLC fighters, it would have been said by now. Sakurai could have said in the November direct "there will be 5 DLC characters, and these characters are not spirits," or in any of the articles it could have been said. There were so many times where either Nintendo or Sakurai could have said "the DLC characters are not spirits in the base game." I will genuinely be surprised if none of the 5 DLC characters are spirits
It wouldn't make much sense from a business perspective to say that spirits disqualify DLC (If it did) since that fact may dissuade people from buying the fighter pass or even the game entirely if they knew for a fact their favorite character might not be playable. It's best to remain ambiguous.

D

Deleted member

It wouldn't make much sense from a business perspective to say that spirits disqualify DLC (If it did) since that fact may dissuade people from buying the fighter pass or even the game entirely if they knew for a fact their favorite character might not be playable. It's best to remain ambiguous.
In the direct, Sakurai showed Rex's Mii costume and said that he would not be a fighter. He could have done the exact same thing with characters who are spirits

D

Deleted member

In the direct, Sakurai showed Rex's Mii costume and said that he would not be a fighter. He could have done the exact same thing with characters who are spirits
Rex is ONE character from ONE game though, there are literally 1000 Spirits and your most wanted is probably one of them. It would super discourage people from buying the pass.

D

Deleted member

Rex is ONE character from ONE game though, there are literally 1000 Spirits and your most wanted is probably one of them. It would super discourage people from buying the pass.
There were a lot of people who wanted Rex, so mentioning that Rex will not be a fighter would definitely discourage a lot of people from buying the pass. There isn't any point to do that for one character lots of people wanted and not for other characters lots of people wanted

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
The unfortunate truth is it's unlikely we'll ever get a solid answer as to whether or not spirits deconfirm until after the DLC is released in it's entirety

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I honestly don't expect Geno till the 3rd or 5th reveal to be honest. I'm thinking the next one is gonna be like Isabelle and tacked onto a game announcement in a direct. Like a BRAND NEW game announcement. Not like MP4 or something. Just my two cents.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't expect Geno till the 3rd or 5th reveal to be honest. I'm thinking the next one is gonna be like Isabelle and tacked onto a game announcement in a direct. Like a BRAND NEW game announcement. Not like MP4 or something. Just my two cents.
If Rex was too new to get in the game, I doubt anybody from a game that didn't come out yet/wasn't announced yet who's NOT a new pokemon is getting in

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
If Rex was too new to get in the game, I doubt anybody from a game that didn't come out yet/wasn't announced yet who's NOT a new pokemon is getting in
When did I say the character had to be new? Isabelle certainly wasn't a brand new character.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
A bit of a distant topic, but is there any hope for Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes? In the general speculation thread, they're talking about a stream next week to promote the game's launch in January along with the possibility of a NMH 1+2 HD Port for the Switch.

Not that it inherently had anything to do with Geno directly, but I think it would bode well for his chances. Travis was highly talked about on the boards back in pre-Brawl days, similarly to Geno.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Unless it is SMRPG Remake Teaser lol

D

Deleted member

A bit of a distant topic, but is there any hope for Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes? In the general speculation thread, they're talking about a stream next week to promote the game's launch in January along with the possibility of a NMH 1+2 HD Port for the Switch.

Not that it inherently had anything to do with Geno directly, but I think it would bode well for his chances. Travis was highly talked about on the boards back in pre-Brawl days, similarly to Geno.
After Joker, I say TT is more likely than he was before

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet

I think there is a pretty good chance. Suda51 wants him in Smash and he would fit perfectly as well as promote the game. Charging up his beam sabre would be a fun mechanic an they already have the wrestling moves with incineroar so the precident is set. He would basically be a mix of sword guy and incineroar.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I think there is a pretty good chance. Suda51 wants him in Smash and he would fit perfectly as well as promote the game. Charging up his beam sabre would be a fun mechanic an they already have the wrestling moves with incineroar so the precident is set. He would basically be a mix of sword guy and incineroar.
To be fair, who doesn't want their character in Smash? If Sakurai came up to me and said he wanted one of my characters in Smash, I'd draw this up in five minutes in MS Paint and take the money:
nyuggy.png
pls buy this soccerguy

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Let me put it this way:

I'd be surprised if Travis wasn't DLC in some way, shape, or form.

That being said, I wouldn't bank on another DLC announcement so soon when PP isn't out and Joker isn't even finished enough for some gameplay footage. It'd be too much of a stretch.

Xigger

Smash Lord
That's a very relevant point, many of the newcomers share common attacks, so it makes sense that characters with shared moves or code could take priority for DLC.

D

Deleted member

There were a lot of people who wanted Rex, so mentioning that Rex will not be a fighter would definitely discourage a lot of people from buying the pass. There isn't any point to do that for one character lots of people wanted and not for other characters lots of people wanted
Well a big reason Sakurai specifically said that for Rex was probably because he really really wanted to add him I feel. This mans LOOOOVED Xenoblade 2, and not being able to add an XC2 character must have been upsetting to him and upsetting for everyone else who thought Rex was a lock due to how much Sakurai talked up Xenoblade 2. He seemed like he wanted to personally apologize for the lack of an XC2 character, which is why he had an entire 30 second portion of a Direct dedicated to it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If Suda's huge announcement isn't about Smash, it's gotta be NMH3. Or since he's collabing with indie devs, he's been given special permission to announce a particular indie character. Or it's just ports for the Silver Case series, I guess.

Having Travis fight an actual wrestler is reason enough to be in the game, as far as I see it.

I LOVE the Koopalings. I'm so happy they all got in. I just wish the final smash wasn't so Bowser Jr. oriented. The final smash should've been them crashing an airship into the stage or something. The shadow mario one is just kinda lame. Maybe that's just because sunshine isn't my favorite. Have you seen the change where they all use wands from SMB3 instead of a hammer? (Jr still has a hammer)
I'm sure their FS will be changed someday, just look at Luigi.

Well a big reason Sakurai specifically said that for Rex was probably because he really really wanted to add him I feel. This mans LOOOOVED Xenoblade 2, and not being able to add an XC2 character must have been upsetting to him and upsetting for everyone else who thought Rex was a lock due to how much Sakurai talked up Xenoblade 2. He seemed like he wanted to personally apologize for the lack of an XC2 character, which is why he had an entire 30 second portion of a Direct dedicated to it.
Very well put. As a guy who wouldn't mind him (and the delightful Pyra), I just can't see him getting added via DLC due to the unfortunate timing. He'll have his chance next time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He also said that he likes Geno and wants Geno to be a playable character, so I am sure he would have said something like that for him too. However, if the reason he mentioned Rex won't be a fighter was because he did in fact want him to be one, there are characters who he also likes and wants to put in the game who are spirits, like Geno, but yet he didn't say that spirits could not be DLC fighters.

Article where he states he likes Geno, knows he gets many requests, and wants him to be a playable character:
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/21/nintendodream3/

If mentioning that characters who are spirits cannot be DLC fighters would discourage people from buying the pass, then he wouldn't have said Rex couldn't be a fighter, because that has definitely discouraged people from buying the pass. It's likely that Sakurai wanted Rex to be playable, but there are other characters, like Geno, who are spirits, but who he wants to be playable characters, meaning that he most likely would have ripped the bandage off early

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He also said that he likes Geno and wants Geno to be a playable character, so I am sure he would have said something like that for him too. However, if the reason he mentioned Rex won't be a fighter was because he did in fact want him to be one, there are characters who he also likes and wants to put in the game who are spirits, like Geno, but yet he didn't say that spirits could not be DLC fighters.

Article where he states he likes Geno, knows he gets many requests, and wants him to be a playable character:

If mentioning that characters who are spirits cannot be DLC fighters would discourage people from buying the pass, then he wouldn't have said Rex couldn't be a fighter, because that has definitely discouraged people from buying the pass. It's likely that Sakurai wanted Rex to be playable, but there are other characters, like Geno, who are spirits, but who he wants to be playable characters, meaning that he most likely would have ripped the bandage off early
Then there's the people who don't have spirits of themselves in the game, leaving their own fate in the air (case in point, Joker's chances were considered low/ambiguous by everyone until now).

Anything could happen at this stage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Geno is also a third party, and mentionong his name in a major context like "he's not in" could do something to hurt relations with Square. Also, Geno is MASSIVELY wanted, faaaar more then Rex. Saying he's not in would turn off a lot more fans then fans of a much more recent character which hasn't and probably never will gain as large of a reputation as Geno has. And I feel like Sakurai would feel worse about not being able to add Rex a bit more then not being able to add Geno since by all means Rex could easily be in and the only possible thing going against him was timing. Whereas Geno has many hurdles going against him and I think he feels like Geno fans would be more understanding (considering that Geno is a third party; and nobody really "expects" third parties) and not really requiring of apologies as much as Rex fans like me who pretty much considered him a lock for DLC at least. We really would've been confused if DLC ended and he wasn't in, as we would've had no idea that timing was the big issue and we would've thought that they just passed him over for no reason with no explanation

I'm on the team of "spirits don't deconfirm", but there's still plenty of reasoning for why some characters may have gotten apologies and not others. I'm just playing devils advocate here.

D

Deleted member

Geno is also a third party, and mentionong his name in a major context like "he's not in" could do something to hurt relations with Square. Also, Geno is MASSIVELY wanted, faaaar more then Rex. Saying he's not in would turn off a lot more fans then fans of a much more recent character which hasn't and probably never will gain as large of a reputation as Geno has. And I feel like Sakurai would feel worse about not being able to add Rex a bit more then not being able to add Geno since by all means Rex could easily be in and the only possible thing going against him was timing. Whereas Geno has many hurdles going against him and I think he feels like Geno fans would be more understanding (considering that Geno is a third party; and nobody really "expects" third parties) and not really requiring of apologies as much as Rex fans like me who pretty much considered him a lock for DLC at least. We really would've been confused if DLC ended and he wasn't in, as we would've had no idea that timing was the big issue and we would've thought that they just passed him over for no reason with no explanation

I'm on the team of "spirits don't deconfirm", but there's still plenty of reasoning for why some characters may have gotten apologies and not others. I'm just playing devils advocate here.
It doesn't really matter if a character it 3rd party or not, if Sakurai wanted to say that he wanted to include them but couldn't, he would have. Geno being a spirit also means he still has the rights to him. Geno also isn't a character Square Enix would be so strict with with how he would be represented. And who knows, the NoA tweet earlier this year "Are you team Mallow or team Geno?" and the HQ app question could suggest that Nintendo bought Geno from SE, but we don't know. Geno is a Mario character as well. There are also many people who wouldn't be happy if Geno isn't included in the game. Again, Sakurai already has his rights, so it wouldn't be difficult to make him into a fighter.

In the end, even if you have these explanations of why Sakurai may have only said this for Rex and not other characters, we have to keep in mind that what happened has happened. Sakurai mentioned that Rex will not be a fighter, and he could have done the same for characters who are spirits. A lot of people wanted Rex, and maybe Sakurai did, so there isn't any reason to say this only for Rex and not other characters who a lot of people, including himself, have wanted who are spirits

Add in: In the article I linked to you, he states that he could not make Geno a fighter in Brawl, even though he tried to. Same thing with Smash 4. He tried to include him as a fighter, but could achieve a Mii costume of him

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i posted this a year ago but i feel i should probably post this again since smash ultimate has been released i made alot of SMRPG characters and other video games characters Miis maybe you would like to have them in smash so this would be useful for you

by the way i actually have way more now but too lazy to take a pic :dizzy:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Don't remember who said it but I don't see why Geno couldn't be announced at E3. Alone? Probably not but since 2006, E3 has always featured at least two new characters when it's been used to show newcomers.

06-:ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultsnake::ultwario::ultzss:
13- :ultmegaman::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer:
14-:ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultpalutena:
15- :ultroy::ultryu:
18- :ultdaisy::ultridley:

And if you want to throw Smash focused presentations into the mix:

14 #1- :ultpokemontrainer::ultgreninja:
15- :ultbayonetta::ultcorrin:
18 #1- :ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool:
18 #2- :ultincineroar::ultken::ultpiranha:

Only Smash focused presentation that's had less than 2 was the 50 Fact Extravaganza back in 2014, the one that was post launch and announced DLC for Smash 4 was going to be a thing to begin with.

Yes, I agree Geno probably wouldn't be a stand alone announcement but I could see him supplemented with another character as part of an E3 presentation. Joker's not likely to be released until Spring so #3 and #4 will all but be ready to announce by E3, in my opinion.

Where's #2? Tales is having a 22nd Anniversary stream on the 18th and No More Heroes is having a 2 hour presentation on the 20th. Both are promising big news. They're both wanting a lot of eyes tuned in so it'll be interesting to see what happens, whether they announce anything about Smash or not. I'm still on the boat that Lloyd is very likely based on what's been heard, the Tales team is literally part of the Smash Ultimate development team, and the fact that it's currently the only third party franchise from Smash 4 that's MIA at the moment. We'll see how things play out in about a week though.
There was also that mini direct that showed off both :ultrobin: and :ultlucina:

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Regarding people from Nintendo either deconfirming spirits for DLC or not I want to point out that the reason most people think spirits deconfirm is because of what Sakurai said about spirits not being fighters and Reggie about the characters being “new to Smash”. If those statements actually were deconfirmations then Nintendo has technically already publicly deconfirmed spirits twice so there’s no reason to believe they’d shy away from saying so again. But they haven’t.

i posted this a year ago but i feel i should probably post this again since smash ultimate has been released i made alot of SMRPG characters and other video games characters Miis maybe you would like to have them in smash so this would be useful for you

by the way i actually have way more now but too lazy to take a pic :dizzy:
I’m going to use that Booster for a Mii Brawler now.

D

Deleted member

Heck even Waluigi isn't a legendary spirit, he is an ace. Think about this: Waluigi and Geno are each Mario side characters. The more well known character, the character who has had many more appearances, and the character who is an assist trophy, Waluigi, is an ace, but the character who has only had a major appearance in one game and lacks an assist trophy, Geno, is a legendary spirit. That says a lot

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Well one thing I got out of that was that the article says, specifically, that a team was formed to pick Spirits and do research. Sakurai oversees everything of course but that even further makes me believe that Spirits don’t deconfirm, there was a whole team dedicated to putting Spirits in, presumably separate from the team making fighters.

Also, has anyone mentioned inconsistencies in the leaks/datamines? We’re we all of the mind that the leaks didn’t get EVERYTHING right? It’s probably irrelevant but I watched this video of all the Mii Costumes (which is honestly just all the hats) and there are quite a few that the leaks didn’t mention:

1-Up Mushroom
Barbara the Bat
Bionic
Chain Chomp
Daisy Crown/Hair
Magic Hat (which looks VERRRYYY similar to Black Mage)
Majora’s Mask (which is interesting because the datamines have Skull Kid, but there’s a Skull Kid Costume, AND Majora’s Mask piece. More on that in a bit)
Meta Knight Mask
Mr. Saturn
Peach’s Crown
Shy Guy Mask
Waluigi’s Cap

It may not mean anything but I fought Waluigi’s Cap, and The Skull Kid Suit (along with being separate from Majora’s Mask) VERY interesting. Mostly because Polar told us that the Isaac Mii costume was supposed to be sort of a consolation for his fans because of the backlash. And now here we have Skull Kid’s suit (another recently popular character) and Waluigi’s cap (we know this story) ALSO as options. I would have to wonder if these two are ALSO consolation prizes for the fans who feel shafted that their character isn’t included. Especially because you can pick the Majora’s Mask OR the Skull Kid suit, which strangely STILL has Majora’s Mask. And remember what Sakurai said when we got the Geno costume? “I wanted his fans to feel like they got something.” All that said, it seems the team has gone to lengths to ensure some of the more fan demanded characters are given SOMETHING. I don’t really count Shadow in this list as his echo speculation started around his missing costume AND he’s third party. And additionally, in Spirits mode, when you fight the third party Mii spirits, I think with the exception of Geno, you still have to fight that character. (Ex. Zero’s Spirit you probably have to fight Megaman with a Zero AT attacking you, Rathalos AT, etc)

This makes Geno’s missing Mii Costume even MORE interesting to me.

D

Deleted member

Well one thing I got out of that was that the article says, specifically, that a team was formed to pick Spirits and do research. Sakurai oversees everything of course but that even further makes me believe that Spirits don’t deconfirm, there was a whole team dedicated to putting Spirits in, presumably separate from the team making fighters.

Also, has anyone mentioned inconsistencies in the leaks/datamines? We’re we all of the mind that the leaks didn’t get EVERYTHING right? It’s probably irrelevant but I watched this video of all the Mii Costumes (which is honestly just all the hats) and there are quite a few that the leaks didn’t mention:

1-Up Mushroom
Barbara the Bat
Bionic
Chain Chomp
Daisy Crown/Hair
Majora’s Mask (which is interesting because the datamines have Skull Kid, but there’s a Skull Kid Costume, AND Majora’s Mask piece. More on that in a bit)
Meta Knight Mask
Mr. Saturn
Peach’s Crown
Shy Guy Mask
Waluigi’s Cap

It may not mean anything but I fought Waluigi’s Cap, and The Skull Kid Suit (along with being separate from Majora’s Mask) VERY interesting. Mostly because Polar told us that the Isaac Mii costume was supposed to be sort of a consolation for his fans because of the backlash. And now here we have Skull Kid’s suit (another recently popular character) and Waluigi’s cap (we know this story) ALSO as options. I would have to wonder if these two are ALSO consolation prizes for the fans who feel shafted that their character isn’t included. Especially because you can pick the Majora’s Mask OR the Skull Kid suit, which strangely STILL has Majora’s Mask. And remember what Sakurai said when we got the Geno costume? “I wanted his fans to feel like they got something.” All that said, it seems the team has gone to lengths to ensure some of the more fan demanded characters are given SOMETHING. I don’t really count Shadow in this list as his echo speculation started around his missing costume AND he’s third party. And additionally, in Spirits mode, when you fight the third party Mii spirits, I think with the exception of Geno, you still have to fight that character. (Ex. Zero’s Spirit you probably have to fight Megaman with a Zero AT attacking you, Rathalos AT, etc)

You mean speculation for Shadow being an echo started when his assist trophy was missing, right?

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
You mean speculation for Shadow being an echo started when his assist trophy was missing, right?
Correct. You could argue the same for Skull Kid, but I believe Skull Kid probably had slightly more demand last Smash, and he’s probably an easier character to squeeze in because he belongs to Nintendo so you don’t have to get permission to use those assets.

Additionally, with Smash U being worked on a mere 2-3 months after Geno’s DLC announcement (more specifically after work on Bayo was finished) and with Sakurai having to get approval to use everyone’s characters again, it’s hard to imagine he wouldn’t be thinking about Geno, or the costume at the least for us, the fans, right? He already got image rights, as evidenced by the Spirit, so I really wonder what happened there. Do image rights, and likeness rights differ? Did Square not let them bring back the costume? Did Nintendo axe all third party costumes in favor of just, putting that character in game? Is the Tails costume gonna come back with the Joker DLC pack???

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229

1-Up Mushroom
Barbara the Bat
Bionic
Chain Chomp
Daisy Crown/Hair
Meta Knight Mask
Mr. Saturn
Peach’s Crown
Shy Guy Mask
Waluigi’s Cap

The only answer I could logicaly find is that SE was soooo stingy that they didn't let them used the costume back , or the rights to be an AT.

It would surprise me that he wouldn't have asked for that , since every third party Mii costumes (with like , 4 exceptions) got an upgrade (AT , ect...). Geno got a downgrade. Even tho Chocobo , Gilgamesh and Lloyd got nothing. Chocobo , It's SE , Gilgamesh probably sold poorly , but Lloyd Mii costume MIA with no upgrade is a red flag to me.

And yeah , the costume was here to give a little something to the fans , there was love put into this costume !

And , if we are in the darkest timeline , the Geno and Mallow spirits were all they got , no SE rep DLC. They give us as much as they could with what they were given (Legendary spirit with several SMRPG reference + Geno as an online icon.).

This would honestly suck if we lost the costume. I hope SE is willing to throw this bone at us again , in their DLC pack...(Or better , a playable Geno.)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

1-Up Mushroom
Barbara the Bat
Bionic
Chain Chomp
Daisy Crown/Hair
Meta Knight Mask
Mr. Saturn
Peach’s Crown
Shy Guy Mask
Waluigi’s Cap

I'd hate to be that person but I'm pretty sure the Mr. Saturn Hat appeared in the datamine...

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Considering none of the 3rd party Mii costumes returned, it isn't a surprised the Geno one is missing.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
The only answer I could logicaly find is that SE was soooo stingy that they didn't let them used the costume back , or the rights to be an AT.

It would surprise me that he wouldn't have asked for that , since every third party Mii costumes (with like , 4 exceptions) got an upgrade (AT , ect...). Geno got a downgrade. Even tho Chocobo , Gilgamesh and Lloyd got nothing. Chocobo , It's SE , Gilgamesh probably sold poorly , but Lloyd Mii costume MIA with no upgrade is a red flag to me.

And yeah , the costume was here to give a little something to the fans , there was love put into this costume !

And , if we are in the darkest timeline , the Geno and Mallow spirits were all they got , no SE rep DLC. They give us as much as they could with what they were given (Legendary spirit with several SMRPG reference + Geno as an online icon.).

This would honestly suck if we lost the costume. I hope SE is willing to throw this bone at us again , in their DLC pack...(Or better , a playable Geno.)
Right, but if that’s the case...why? We’ve established SE usually has a formula in the way they handle DLC right? So presumably, this time around they didn’t want Geno in unless we had to pay correct? But don’t they only prioritize their most popular game? So why did they let us have just a Geno spirit and not a Mii Costume? If that’s the case. If they allegedly don’t care about Geno and don’t see him as an important character? Money? Or do they not care enough so “here I guess they can have a spirit but that’s it”, even so, how hard could it have been for an AT? They’d have to care a LITTLE bit to not even allow that, if that’s the narrative.

I'd hate to be that person but I'm pretty sure the Mr. Saturn Hat appeared in the datamine...
You know, you’re absolutely correct lol right at the bottom

Considering none of the 3rd party Mii costumes returned, it isn't a surprised the Geno one is missing.
Right, which is usually the argument. But all of the 3rd party costumes with the exception of a few, make appearances in Smash U outside of Spirits. Zero AT, Proto Man, Megaman X and EXE in Mega Man’s FS, Heihachi in PAC Man’s Taunt, Rathalos Boss and AT, Tails was already in the background. And now with Lloyd being rumored DLC that would make, I think ONLY Geno, not represented outside of Spirits? Which is strange right?

Last edited:

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
I really hope Geno being nothing but a legendary spirit and an icon means something but, I really don't know. I feel like until we get something else, its too difficult to speculate without easily countered arguments

Banjo is coming though, he has to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom