• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Not my big post but my whole thought on the Geno spirit was to give the fans something in the meantime, especially with negotiations being ugly (more on that later). With Mallow attached, I personally think they got the right to SMRPG content, PERIOD, and not just Geno and Mallow because they would need to do this for a stage and music anyways. It's not the same situation as the Mii costume because with the Mii costume the Geno assets and liscensing was literally all they need. With a fighter pass, they'd need all of it. Why not more SMRPG content? Less work for the base game and lots of SMRPG right off the bat would have been suspicious AF because people are already HMMMMM'ing to the tenth degree based on two spirits. Mallow spirit? A little suspicious. A giant outpouring when they couldn't get original art for Cloud? That's like mooning the minister in the middle of a church service. It would be impossible to ignore or blow off.
That, and to add to that. Geno is the only other Square character apart from Cloud to get an online icon. That and in the final Smash direct, said icon was used for Shulk of all people, a character that can see into the future and was there for a split second. I know we shouldn't consider it definitive proof, but it's something to note nonetheless.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I also think the Geno costume was Sakurai's way of proving that Geno would sell as a full fledged character. Think of it as a gentleman's bet and, based on the evidence, it's very likely that a good number of the Mii costumes were actually market research. The Mii costume was likely a chance for Sakurai to prove that Geno wasn't a literal who which is likely why the door was slammed in Sakurai's face for Brawl. Square needed hard data to show that Geno would sell Amiibo and/or DLC and this was Sakurai's gambit. Based on the fact that Geno's already in Ultimate while a number of other third party references are just flat out gone bodes well.
That's assuming that Mii Costume sold a lots though- which is a big assumption

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I don't think it's a matter of crying out for a character. Did anyone cry out for Corrin? For Bayonetta? Hell even for Cloud when the belief back then was that it was an impossible thing? Nobody cried out loud the names of any of the DLC we got on Smash 4, I don't see why it should be a factor of choice for nintendo this time with Ultimate.
When they say it's the Ultimate smash game, and that they are listening to fans, it's a BIG factor. If they go Sephiroth over Geno, they are straight up not staying true to their word.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
There is a few things that bug me about Sephiroth... Like, why would Sqaure double dip on FFVII? I get there is a Remake coming out(Eventually), but I don't think Smash is the best place to do major advertisement for the game. Plus, every other company always made sure that there secound rep was from a different franchise, as to showcase the variety in there properties. It just sort of bugs me that Square would not do the same. And say what you will about Square's business decisions, but even the likes of Konami understood that plus, as well as Nintendo and Sakurai likely leaning towards that variety mindset as well when it comes to third parties getting in to Smash.

Edit: Fixed one of my sentences.
Not the best place? It's literally the biggest advertisement of all time in gaming industry.
And explain Castlevania. We have the possibility of a new unique fighter for a third party series to be broken.

Sephiroth is way far from an echo. Zack Fair is Cloud’s echo not Sephiroth. His moves are extremely different, and you would be surprised how many people do want Sephiroth. Would some people be mad at his inclusion, sure. However there would also be many who would be happy with his inclusion. You have to remember Sephiroth is one of the biggest FF villains of all time. And one of the biggest villains of all time. There are people who haven’t even played FF7 and still know who he is. It would be a good marketing move on both Nintendo’s and Square’s part to include him, as he is extremely well known. I did a poll on a google thread on which villain people preferred the choices were Akuma, Heihachi, Big Boss, Vergil and Sephiroth. Out of those choices Sephiroth beat all the contenders by a huge margin. So I would not dismiss his over all popularity so easily.

Here is more information on Sephiroth and his move sets.

I wouldn't use that video as reference given they always go for non-canon or expanded universe approaches with most matchups.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I also think the Geno costume was Sakurai's way of proving that Geno would sell as a full fledged character. Think of it as a gentleman's bet and, based on the evidence, it's very likely that a good number of the Mii costumes were actually market research. The Mii costume was likely a chance for Sakurai to prove that Geno wasn't a literal who which is likely why the door was slammed in Sakurai's face for Brawl. Square needed hard data to show that Geno would sell Amiibo and/or DLC and this was Sakurai's gambit. Based on the fact that Geno's already in Ultimate while a number of other third party references are just flat out gone bodes well.
This idea also might be helped by the fact that Geno was the only new full costume to come out at the time. Every other costume came in packs, but not Geno.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
If you decide to send it around via DMs, add me to that list please. That sounds like it'll be really cool when it's done.
Absolutely! I'm using a reference for my drawing, and I'm doing it all by hand.

That is if I do plan on sending it through DMs, but it's mostly looking towards going to the threat. If I choose DMs, I'll remember to send it to you.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
?
First off, Aerith wouldn't be a character given that she isn't an offensive character in the original game. She is a healer.
And Sephiroth would never be an echo dude. The character doesn't have limit breaks. He has his own iconic moves from the original game and normal slashes. He has nothing similar to Cloud.
I think they mean Sephiroth would come across as an echo. For anyone who isn't a huge fan of FF7 or other games with Sephiroth, it feels like we're just getting yet another anime swordsman. Sephiroth is cool and all, but third party characters need to be a bit more than "I just think they're neat." Sephiroth is only a little less iconic than Cloud, granted, but it'd still be two characters from one 3rd party series for the first time. Is it worth it for a character like Sephiroth? When most Nintendo fans haven't even played FF7?

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Not the best place? It's literally the biggest advertisement of all time in gaming industry.
And explain Castlevania. We have the possibility of a new unique fighter for a third party series to be broken.

I wouldn't use that video as reference given they always go for non-canon or expanded universe approaches with most matchups.
I just used it as an introduction to the character and his movesets. I agree it’s not the best and I really don’t always agree with the way ScrewAttack does their research as they add or subtract important things. However in this context of introducing the character and his movesets it seemed fitting.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Okay, opinions aside, whose crying out for Sephiroth...? Casuals and Smashers?
I never claimed there to be more active requests for the character than Genk. But active requests aren't always what get the companies' blessings.

Before Cloud was inducted, you didn't commonly hear requests for him. But now that he's here, he made a splash and had people hoping for his return in spades.

Sonetimes the character people ask for, isn't the one that's going to sell consistently over the greatest girth of time. Plain and simple.

Let's say Geno gets picked, but who says that he'll be as big a consistent seller as Sephiroth? Just a bit of food for thought.
Why wouldn't it include the weaponry? It's a canonical piece of art, from the original character designer, in a more recent, updated game, with updated appearances.
"Canonical" is a debatable term to address Dissidia with. Not to mention that Sephiroth's sword has fluctuated in size just as much as Ridley has.
You can't say Sakurai only chooses a weapon in it's "original" form
Thank goodness I never said such in the first place.
Sephiroth's essence is, really long sword.
Oh we're not going down this road, please. Sephiroth is not characterized by that massive sword. That's right up there with the "Ridley is too big" bull trend before Ultimate laid it to rest.
Going to the extent to downsize it doesn't make it "that easy
When the game that's actually confirmed canon(as of the remake, the extra baggage of the FFVII compilation isn't regarded as such anymore) has it at a more at a more manageable size, yeah it is.

Also, who's really going to raise a stink about his sword still being long, but not super long? Casual fans likely wouldn't notice nor really care since arguably they wouldn't really dive into the expanded universe, and core fans majority speaking, don't care for the FFVII compilation and would know that his sword actually was more manageable in the original game, so no one in massive majority is really going to cry foul at that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This idea also might be helped by the fact that Geno was the only new full costume to come out at the time. Every other costume came in packs, but not Geno.
This means some stuff. Either Geno is awesome, Geno is awesome and he was planned for the game, Sakurai knew his costume would sell amazingly and Geno is awesome, or Geno is awesome and he was planned to be playable in Ultimate

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I think they mean Sephiroth would come across as an echo. For anyone who isn't a huge fan of FF7 or other games with Sephiroth, it feels like we're just getting yet another anime swordsman. Sephiroth is cool and all, but third party characters need to be a bit more than "I just think they're neat." Sephiroth is only a little less iconic than Cloud, granted, but it'd still be two characters from one 3rd party series for the first time. Is it worth it for a character like Sephiroth? When most Nintendo fans haven't even played FF7?
Just to correct you there, a good portion of the Nintendo fanbase from the NES and SNES days have played FFVII. Those are the older people who saw in FF as the Nintendo series that wasn't labelled as Nintendo. Given his impact and how people will be getting the game next year, I think it might be worth it. I've been showing off the series to a few friends of mine who grew up in the Gamecube era and loved the story and characters. It might be cool and hype to have him.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Whew! I feel like im posting a lot today. (proceeds to post more)

First off, love the username.

Just wanted to mention that whoever would make the bigger splash all depends on how popular Sephiroth is as a character. I am not well-versed at all with FF, so I have no idea how popular Sephiroth is in the gaming world. I'm not personally calling you out on this, but one thing I did want to point out is that Geno may be popular among us SMRPG and hardcore Smash fans, but how well known is he really outside of that? To the larger Smash Bros and Nintendo audience, there will most definitely be a lot of "who?" if Geno is announced.

Because Nintendo is selecting the DLC, we have to take ourselves out of our "Geno is popular" mindset and shift our perspective to that of a casual Smash fan, who also make up a huge amount of the audience. Will they really know Geno? Will Geno alone make him worthy of raking in mass sales? There are a lot of people out there who don't buy the DLC if they don't know who the character is.
Hey, thanks so much! :D

I'm sure Sephiroth is very popular in the game world. I'm sure he's incredibly popular. He has a presence out there right now with Dissidia NT. And I understand Geno is certainly MORE popular among SMRPG and hardcore smash fans, but the more I stay on this thread, and the internet, and youtube, the more I'm starting to believe that's no longer a viable argument. People come here to tell us that they don't think Geno will make it or that Geno will not make it. Fact. People come here to ask why we want Geno so much. Fact. Geno is essentially a Smash Meme right now. The "Geno will never be in Smash" memes and troll videos. That shows me that even though people may not know who Geno is, at the end of the day, they technically know who he is and have heard of him through Smash Speculation. Looking him up on the internet, plenty of lists include him up there with the likes of Banjo and Crash. There will be some "who" probably, but the same can be said about a Dragon Quest character, and I even think Banjo. Banjo is an old character and when's the last time we saw HIM? Granted Geno is older, but there is a new generation of Smashers and casuals coming, who probably dont even know who Ness is or has played Earthbound.

I think Sephiroth only really has a SLIGHTLY bigger presence. And only because of NT. He was only in a PSP game before that. So I dont think its that much of a stretch that he would be less popular than say, Noctis. Thus it wouldn't be a HUGE splash, especially among new gamers. I think Geno's situation is unique as he is mainly the source of SMASH speculation and his popularity spikes when a new Smash game is coming out. That's good for Nintendo. I think Nintendo has to notice that by now.

The thing that still sticks in my head is that nintendo was heavily promoting the geno costume, with its own splash screen and segment. But in ultimate, all we offically got was a player token tease. We wouldn't have known geno and mallow were spirits if it wasn't for the data mine. Just seems odd that they wouldn't show them off at all, unless they were planning something bigger. But it could also be just a coincidence, and they didn't think about showing him off over newer character spirits.
This is a very good point. I never thought of that.

Why? Business wise, that would mean that they think that they've instantly got to backpedal for better business.

I mean, not for nothing, but of course they hear the voices after the backlash, Waluigi being a prime example. Doesn't mean they'll change their minds, and it doesn't gurantee them the bigger rewards. Especially if they're aiming for a character widely known and one that would consistently sell.

Not saying Geno couldn't or wouldn't, but compared to say, Sephiroth, which do you think Nintendo would see as the bigger money maker for the long haul? Especially with his game coming to the Switch next year.

And crucial point to remember: the dlc was decided on prior to Nintendo acknowledging the backlash. Timing be key when it comes to the first wave of DLC.
I don't think it's backpedaling, if you're taking step back and actually listening to your fans and what they want. It's a good business model to ensure your source of business is satisfied. If I'm running a restaurant, and a large group of my customers don't like a new dish I put out to the point of calling me, I'm not gonna leave that dish on the menu, I'm gonna narrow down dishes customers want so they keep coming back and invite more of their friends to come. And it also shows that I care about their opinion. It may be profit driven, but to them, I listen and change and that shows effort to please.

Waluigi is a different case because 1. He's already an AT and probably was from the get go, like Isaac. 2. Sakurai never stated he wanted Waluigi in Smash like he stated he wanted Geno in.

If youre looking at something like the ballot, which was done years ago, you can probably see some amount of fan demand for Geno. How much? I don't know, but I can assume considerable. If this wasn't the case, (as I keep mentioning) why didn't we get someone like Sephiroth as the Mii Costume for Smash 4? Why DID we get Geno? What does that mean?

His game coming to the Switch honestly, is similar to the "SMRPG on the SNES Classic" argument, which Eric the Gamerman said theres a lot of variables with. Additionally, the hero of that game, Cloud, is already represented in Smash. You would be double promoting for one game. Geno, from a business perspective could be a source of opportunity for new projects based on fan demand.

Just because Nintendo publicly acknowledged the backlash later than they announced DLC doesn't mean they didn't acknowledge it in-house first.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, we don't even know if FFVII is even coming to Switch yet, and it's still in development hell without any sign of it getting out. I can understand the advertising if it was a year or so away, but that is not the case. And over showcasing literally any other property, or even other FF games? And when I say double dipping, no other third party has 2 unique reps in the same franchise, and none of them have not tried to do it in a row. They always went with reping another one of there properties. And when it came to Castlevania, they already had Snake repping Metal Gear and the secound rep was an echo.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
youre looking at something like the ballot, which was done years ago, you can probably see some amount of fan demand for Geno.
Look, I know that Geno gets a lot of talk. But until we see actual numbers or get word from Nintendo, we'll never know how much this is the case or if he really did score as high in the votes.

Sure, the mii costume is a good indicator, but not bullet proof, especially since Sakurai has admitted to being a huge fan of Geno already.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Not to mention that third-parties can't have two unique newcomers, one almost did with Chun-Li being a newcomer, but instead being Ken as an echo fighter. But so far, no third-party veteran or newcomer has a second unique fighter, so Zach or Sephiroth being an echo fighter makes some sense. I'd be surprised if a Square character wants to break the limit and go beyond plus ultra with that rule and give third-parties the ability to have another unique newcomer.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Well, we don't even know if FFVII is even coming to Switch yet, and it's still in development hell without any sign of it getting out. I can understand the advertising if it was a year or so away, but that is not the case. And over showcasing literally any other property, or even other FF games? And when I say double dipping, no other third party has 2 unique reps in the same franchise, and none of them have not tried to do it in a row. They always went with reping another one of there properties. And when it came to Castlevania, they already had Snake repping Metal Gear and the secound rep was an echo.
FF7 is confirmed to be coming to the Switch sometime in 2019. The one that’s in development hell is the FF7 remake not the one coming to the Switch.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
When they say it's the Ultimate smash game, and that they are listening to fans, it's a BIG factor. If they go Sephiroth over Geno, they are straight up not staying true to their word.
Are we forgetting what was done to Isaac, Shadow and others?… lol I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo keeps not listening in some cases, they clearly already did it… But of course I hope the best for Geno myself. I just wouldn't be surprised if they keep ignoring the fans like they did ALREADY…

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Just to correct you there, a good portion of the Nintendo fanbase from the NES and SNES days have played FFVII. Those are the older people who saw in FF as the Nintendo series that wasn't labelled as Nintendo. Given his impact and how people will be getting the game next year, I think it might be worth it. I've been showing off the series to a few friends of mine who grew up in the Gamecube era and loved the story and characters. It might be cool and hype to have him.
FF7 wasn't on a Nintendo console, and correct me if I'm wrong, but most people tend to only get one console per generation. Not saying FF7 sold poorly or something because obviously it didn't lmao. I'm just saying Cloud was already enough of a stretch to be in Smash. Yeah, it'd make FF7 fans happy, but adding fire emblem character #10 would make FE fans happy too. If Nintendo owned final fantasy, Sephiroth would already be in the game probably, but they don't.

If Sephiroth ever gets in Smash, it'll be after FF7 is announced for Switch. I don't see that happening for DLC pack 1. I could be wrong though.

Not to mention that third-parties can't have two unique newcomers, one almost did with Chun-Li being a newcomer, but instead being Ken as an echo fighter. But so far, no third-party veteran or newcomer has a second unique fighter, so Zach or Sephiroth being an echo fighter makes some sense. I'd be surprised if a Square character wants to break the limit and go beyond plus ultra with that rule and give third-parties the ability to have another unique newcomer.
I don't think that's a rule, but it's definitely a barrier. The first third party series to get two uniques is going to be an insane milestone. I can only see it going to Sonic or Mega Man, personally.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's assuming that Mii Costume sold a lots though- which is a big assumption
It didn't necessarily have to sell lots though, just enough to show that people cared. Hard data might have been compiled to compare the sales to all the Mii costumes or maybe just the third party ones. Geno is a literal toy in the attic. If I dusted him off for a garage sale and someone offered $100 for him, I'd be thrilled. Same concept. Geno's virtually worseless to SE in his current state and there's no real risk to him. If Sephiroth, SE's leading villain, is broken or garbage in Ultimate, that looks bad on SE and the IP. They already had that headache with Cloud in Smash 4, trying to balance him while staying true to the character. With Geno, there's not really that risk involved because the chances of him being liscensed out again for a non SE developed game just aren't there. He's basically money in the bank with minimal risk to valuable SE assets and IPs. Again, toy in the attic while Sephiroth is a family heirloom with all the implied risks attached.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Dude, the original game is coming next year. A lot of people will get the chance to play it for the first time. And a lot of people who were from my generation had both the N64 and the PSX because of the hype of CDs, Sony entering the market and Square making games for them. I owned one just because of Squaresoft's games. My whole gang in school had it for the same reason (some sadly continued the route through PS2 and thought FFX was a good game... XD)
This IS already something to advertise. And Nomura has been very friendly towards the Switch. I think that the Remake's engine will be favorable to porting it.
But back to the point, they wouldn't advertise bc:
1. They have actual options for classic franchises, but if the two candidates is true, they opted for FF.
2. Cloud is listed as a FFVII character, not FF, and as such, only FFVII content could arrive.
I think they can open up the possibility of a second unique fighter with him.
I never claimed there to be more active requests for the character than Genk. But active requests aren't always what get the companies' blessings.

Before Cloud was inducted, you didn't commonly hear requests for him. But now that he's here, he made a splash and had people hoping for his return in spades.

Sonetimes the character people ask for, isn't the one that's going to sell consistently over the greatest girth of time. Plain and simple.

Let's say Geno gets picked, but who says that he'll be as big a consistent seller as Sephiroth? Just a bit of food for thought.

"Canonical" is a debatable term to address Dissidia with. Not to mention that Sephiroth's sword has fluctuated in size just as much as Ridley has.

Thank goodness I never said such in the first place.

Oh we're not going down this road, please. Sephiroth is not characterized by that massive sword. That's right up there with the "Ridley is too big" bull trend before Ultimate laid it to rest.

When the game that's actually confirmed canon(as of the remake, the extra baggage of the FFVII compilation isn't regarded as such anymore) has it at a more at a more manageable size, yeah it is.

Also, who's really going to raise a stink about his sword still being long, but not super long? Casual fans likely wouldn't notice nor really care since arguably they wouldn't really dive into the expanded universe, and core fans majority speaking, don't care for the FFVII compilation and would know that his sword actually was more manageable in the original game, so no one in massive majority is really going to cry foul at that.
Just a reminder that Cloud and Sephiroth were two of the most modded characters in Brawl back in the day. People were asking for it back then, it just wasn't that loud about it. Now that we got Cloud, it seems much more realistic the possibility of having them both

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
unique newcomers, one almost did with Chun-Li being a newcomer, but instead being Ken as an echo fighter.
Last I heard, that rumor wasn't even proved true and possibly got debunked if I recall correctly.
Well, we don't even know if FFVII is even coming to Switch yet
Yes we do. It's literally coming to the Switch next year along with IX and X's duology.
His game coming to the Switch honestly, is similar to the "SMRPG on the SNES Classic" argument, which Eric the Gamerman said theres a lot of variables with. Additionally, the hero of that game, Cloud, is already represented in Smash. You would be double promoting for one game. Geno, from a business perspective could be a source of opportunity for new projects based on fan demand.
Highly debatable. Look past the game and at the characters themselves with the fan appeal. There's no written rule that a game can't double dip with its reps third party wise. Past all of that, you've still got an insanely popular character eli everyone and their mom knows in Sephorith.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
FF7 is confirmed to be coming to the Switch sometime in 2019. The one that’s in development hell is the FF7 remake not the one coming to the Switch.
True, but that was announced along with many other FF games, so they are not exactly focusing all of there advertisement on one in particular.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
That's a fan made rule though. Like he never once mentioned there cannot be two 3rd party from the same series?

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
True, but that was announced along with many other FF games, so they are not exactly focusing all of there advertisement on one in particular.
They are, as FFVII is the symbol of classic FF post SNES. It's an icon that will make people play VII when it launches, people go nuts, get interested in the series, play IX, gets even more hyped, try X, start to question if it was better to stop at IX and go back to the older titles (specially VI) XD
But jokes aside, if we have one FF representing the trio, it's VII. And getting a new rep would also show some more consideration from S-E that they will try porting the remake, since they now have a market among the newer fanbase to buy the game and enjoy on the system

Last edited:

timbo8

Smash Cadet
honesly i know how big geno or Sephiroth but it still boggles my mind thaey would pass over sora when they know they could really make the most money for him

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
The same need we have for beloved series like Mario, Zelda and DK to have another rep.
It's a classic game that defined a generation and will define a new one in the near future. It's to get people invested and excited for newer characters

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Yeah, but it would be weird if FFVII was the first, all things considered.
Not really, especially if Square were too lazy to farm out for another IP and are intentionally putting more FFVII music locked behind the DLC toll booth for more money.
If Sephiroth ever gets in Smash, it'll be after FF7 is announced for Switch.
Wish granted as of September this year.
I think Sephiroth only really has a SLIGHTLY bigger presence. And only because of NT.
Dude, I can tell you for a fact, that Sephy was way more than just NT backing him.

He's constantly been big news ever since his debut. He's gotten spots in crossovers notable like Kingdom Hearts. The Final Fantasy VII compilation, tie ins, merchandise, etc. He has a lot under his belt. Sadly, more so than Geno.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
honesly i know how big geno or Sephiroth but it still boggles my mind thaey would pass over sora when they know they could really make the most money for him
Maybe because Sora is mainly and firstly owned by Disney, Disney would be the one to benefit from him, not Square Enix. I don't think Sora's chances are affected in the slightest by whoever the SE character is. Two different companies.

timbo8

Smash Cadet
Maybe because Sora is mainly and firstly owned by Disney, Disney would be the one to benefit from him, not Square Enix. I don't think Sora's chances are affected in the slightest by whoever the SE character is. Two different companies.
yeah disney does own sora but they dont care if sora would be in smash they still need apporval by square thus still make him a square charachter still

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Jovahexeon Joranvexeon Jovahexeon Joranvexeon why are you here? This isn't the Sephiroth support thread my dude lmao.
Indeed, the topic at hand is way more focused on why Sephiroth should get in than Geno himself. This topic should be discussed in the Sephiroth thread, not here.
So if anyone wants to discuss or question something on the matter, feel free to go there. You'll all be welcome!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
More money to be made from Smash obviously. Final Fantasy VII is a big force and one that's useful for tapping into printing money and getting it to rain into the producers' pockets.
But I almost feel it would be more effective to showcase the variety of your IP's rather than just show one game and expect people to applaud every single time. That is all it is in the end, one game, not even the whole of the FF series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom