• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
This. The thread is a Geno thread. It's logical that people would bring up other SE characters too, but tbh that was never the point of this thread. I think we've gotten a lot of people who have jumped into the thread because they "Want Geno" but then end up discussing other SE characters more while also putting down Geno's chances or telling people that the thread is an echochamber. Some even jump in and try to talk about a bunch of characters that aren't even Geno. I feel like there's a line between discussing Geno in relation to other SE characters and just discussing all other SE characters with little to no reference to Geno. Especially when several of those characters have their own dedicated threads. As someone who wants Geno and not other SE choices in the slightest and just wants to discuss Geno it is getting pretty annoying.
I think it's just partially a symptom of not having anything better to talk about/the only people I've seen around with potential news regarding potential DLC picks. That sort of thing always brings a lot of attention to the source, and when you have ongoing sources like Panda here, attention is only going to get worse. The most pertinent topic for this thread is going to be all of the rumblings about that list of Square characters, and then I think you're allowed to have some more off topic discussions in that regard as you weigh options versus one another.

I know you probably think I'm one of the offenders with regards to some of this, but I've been here since this cycle since at least E3 and I've made my case pretty clear as to why I think having the Square discussions and potentially "putting down Geno's chances" has some merit in a discussion of said chances and speculation in the moment when new info is presented. There's a divide I think that should exist between, "I support this character" and "I think this character has this chance of getting in with the info I'm seeing and the ever changing landscape of speculation and Smash info." I don't think that's an unreasonable sort of approach to the situation even though I do get how that's sometimes frustrating when you're looking for support in this thread.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey, I have an interesting SMRPG related question for you all. How do you think is the most underrated SMRPG character?
Gaz himself is definitely up there. As a mere child, he one shot Mario. I wish someone would do a comic of Gaz growing up. When I think about this it kind of makes me sad because a lot of us are like Gaz, just wanting Geno to come back. He presumably got the toy back but it's not the same, he probably wanted new adventures with Geno like the rest of us.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Gaz himself is definitely up there. As a mere child, he one shot Mario. I wish someone would do a comic of Gaz growing up. When I think about this it kind of makes me sad because a lot of us are like Gaz, just wanting Geno to come back. He presumably got the toy back but it's not the same, he probably wanted new adventures with Geno like the rest of us.
That's... Something I never really thought of that way. That's rather sad, especially since when you actually do see Gaz depicted in fan works, its not usually in the most positive light.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
That's... Something I never really thought of that way. That's rather sad, especially since when you actually do see Gaz depicted in fan works, its not usually in the most positive light.
That's... extremely disappointing

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I think it's just partially a symptom of not having anything better to talk about/the only people I've seen around with potential news regarding potential DLC picks. That sort of thing always brings a lot of attention to the source, and when you have ongoing sources like Panda here, attention is only going to get worse. The most pertinent topic for this thread is going to be all of the rumblings about that list of Square characters, and then I think you're allowed to have some more off topic discussions in that regard as you weigh options versus one another.

I know you probably think I'm one of the offenders with regards to some of this, but I've been here since this cycle since at least E3 and I've made my case pretty clear as to why I think having the Square discussions and potentially "putting down Geno's chances" has some merit in a discussion of said chances and speculation in the moment when new info is presented. There's a divide I think that should exist between, "I support this character" and "I think this character has this chance of getting in with the info I'm seeing and the ever changing landscape of speculation and Smash info." I don't think that's an unreasonable sort of approach to the situation even though I do get how that's sometimes frustrating when you're looking for support in this thread.
I agree with you to a point. There's obviously going to be people who come in the thread because they want some sort of news from people more in the know. And weighing Geno versus other SE characters is legit. My issue is when people come in and dominate the conversation with DQ or Sora or whoever and try to lecture people about why those characters are more important than Geno to the point of exclusively discussing those characters or when we're going through and having a good Geno/SMRPG related conversation and someone just comes into the thread to discuss things that aren't really Geno related. It gets to the point where said conversations would be better suited for a more general thread or a character specific thread that's not Geno's.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I agree with the notion that this should be a thread to discuss Geno only, but with Polarpanda leaking to this thread in particular and other users dropping hints it's hard to stay on topic.

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Um... probably an awkward timing for me to just pop up but I would like to say good luck to all of you wanting Geno to finally be in ssbros. He may not be my most wanted but it's hard to deny the fact that he has his fans. So yeah I'm cheering for you guys

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
This. The thread is a Geno thread. It's logical that people would bring up other SE characters too, but tbh that was never the point of this thread. I think we've gotten a lot of people who have jumped into the thread because they "Want Geno" but then end up discussing other SE characters more while also putting down Geno's chances or telling people that the thread is an echochamber. Some even jump in and try to talk about a bunch of characters that aren't even Geno. I feel like there's a line between discussing Geno in relation to other SE characters and just discussing all other SE characters with little to no reference to Geno. Especially when several of those characters have their own dedicated threads. As someone who wants Geno and not other SE choices in the slightest and just wants to discuss Geno it is getting pretty annoying.

Honestly, it's hard to tell what flies in here anymore. I mean, we talked about pie for like, a page and a half, and nobody complained (I enjoyed it very much myself, lol.) Discussion is a wild, untameable thing that just sort of goes wherever it wants--it's really pretty hard to control, as evidenced by the mods' seeming absence during the aforementioned pie fiasco.

Still, that's one of the fun things about it. Did you ever think you'd be talking about pie and our perfect Sunday in a online board for an RPG character? I sure didn't. But it was a hoot for a while. It's not nearly as bad as it could be, either--I was a regular in the Shulk thread back in Smash for speculation days, and THAT was bonkers (there were an abundance of GIFs of ducks with a certain Xenoblade character's head pasted on them. You'd have to have been there.:p) it moved much faster, and went off topic every few posts. And the mods were actually trying to stop it on the regular. Here, I haven't seen barely any attempts. Overall, it's been pretty focused.

But I hear those calling for more focus on Geno. That is what the thread is for, first and foremost. And I've definitely had to skim through some walls of text unrelated to anything Geno, or any interesting subjects, for that matter. I'm not bothered much by dissenting opinions so long as they're respectful-- EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman , yours may be long, and a bit dry, but they're never disrespectful, which I appreciate.

More than anything, I am just utterly exhausted by the back-and-forth drama arguments that keep popping up, sometimes filling an entire page with posts sniping at each other, little to no actual content in them, Geno related or otherwise. Often they're actually about the fact that there is a fight, or the concept that the thread isn't meant for that. That's what I wish would stop. To me, that's far worse than talking about unrelated stuff.

Like pie. I'd rather go back to that than see another soap opera every time someone gets emotional. So let's just talk, generally about Geno, but definitely with a sense of respect, positivity, and open-mindedness. And if someone says something you don't like...just let it go and move on.

Alright, now that I've contributed to the text wall problem...back to discussion, yeah?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, there is one thing that has always bugged me... Where did Smithy come from? I think it's safe to say that the rest of the Smithy Gang was forged by Smithy himself, but where was he made?

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
You know, there is one thing that has always bugged me... Where did Smithy come from? I think it's safe to say that the rest of the Smithy Gang was forged by Smithy himself, but where was he made?
Wasn't the implication that Smithy and his gang from a different dimension/universe? I know that Exor came crashing down into Star Road so I feel like they had to have been somewhere other than the Mushroom Kingdom before the invasion.

ZelDan

Smash Master
There's also the fact that during the final phase of the final battle you can see other Smithy's in the background.

There's alot that a SMRPG sequel could work with? What exactly was up with Smithy and his gang? Where did they come from? What is Star Road like? Are there maybe members of Star Road that aren't exactly good? What was Geno's life like before Star Road broke and he joined Mario? etc etc.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Wasn't the implication that Smithy and his gang from a different dimension/universe? I know that Exor came crashing down into Star Road so I feel like they had to have been somewhere other than the Mushroom Kingdom before the invasion.
I do think that final area is there home dimension, but I am still curious behind how Smithy came into being. Getting down to it, Smithy is a machine, and machines have to be made. So who made Smithy?
There's also the fact that during the final phase of the final battle you can see other Smithy's in the background.

There's alot that a SMRPG sequel could work with? What exactly was up with Smithy and his gang? Where did they come from? What is Star Road like? Are there maybe members of Star Road that aren't exactly good? What was Geno's life like before Star Road broke and he joined Mario? etc etc.
There is a lot to work with, though I am not sure if they would be focusing on Smithy and the gang again for a sequel.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Not to detract, but I see a lot of Ninten support and uh...I don't understand lmao. Not to bash the character, I love Earthbound to DEATH but I don't see how hed be very much different from Ness or Lucas. I would much prefer to see Paula or Kumatora if we're gonna get another PSI Powerhouse. 1. For representation. 2. Paula's Pray could be a devastating move, either as a smash attack or final smash and would set her apart from her fellow series reps. AAAAAAAND Kumatora has a very interesting design and her tomboyish attitude could affect her playstyle.

Anyway, back to Geno. Going over the SMRPG fan comic, the panel where they see Samus is SO. GOOD. Such an attention to detail, and such a good detail to include and honestly it made me want Geno in Smash even more. ALSO, remember the JC Rodrigo interview how he said, there would be surprises like PPlant? Does that mean surprises that come out of nowhere? That could corroborate Fatmanonice saying theres a possibility there would be little to no shill characters

BY THE WAY YALL LOOK AT THIS VIDEO LMAOOO honestly I could see how implementing Sephiroth could be a balancing nightmare lmaooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz22O8YeFvs

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I do think that final area is there home dimension, but I am still curious behind how Smithy came into being. Getting down to it, Smithy is a machine, and machines have to be made. So who made Smithy?

There is a lot to work with, though I am not sure if they would be focusing on Smithy and the gang again for a sequel.
Tbh if we ever got an SMRPG sequel I feel like the big bad or seeming big bad that would be advertised would be whoever the ruler of Vanda is or The Dark Mage that sent Culex into Mario's dimension.

Last edited:

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Not to detract, but I see a lot of Ninten support and uh...I don't understand lmao. Not to bash the character, I love Earthbound to DEATH but I don't see how hed be very much different from Ness or Lucas. I would much prefer to see Paula or Kumatora if we're gonna get another PSI Powerhouse. 1. For representation. 2. Paula's Pray could be a devastating move, either as a smash attack or final smash and would set her apart from her fellow series reps. AAAAAAAND Kumatora has a very interesting design and her tomboyish attitude could affect her playstyle.

Anyway, back to Geno. Going over the SMRPG fan comic, the panel where they see Samus is SO. GOOD. Such an attention to detail, and such a good detail to include and honestly it made me want Geno in Smash even more. ALSO, remember the JC Rodrigo interview how he said, there would be surprises like PPlant? Does that mean surprises that come out of nowhere? That could corroborate Fatmanonice saying theres a possibility there would be little to no shill characters

BY THE WAY YALL LOOK AT THIS VIDEO LMAOOO honestly I could see how implementing Sephiroth could be a balancing nightmare lmaooo

Lol at that Cloud dance at the end.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Tbh if we ever got an SMRPG sequel I feel like the big bad or seeming big bad that would be advertised would be whoever the ruler of Vanda is or The Dark Mage that sent Culex into Mario's dimension.
Not likely. The entire Culex boss fight, while awesome, was just one big Final Fantasy joke. The reason why his kind can't live in Mario's world is because its "3D" while Culex and the rest of his world are still flat pixel sprites. Then there is those Materia looking crystals, the whole "another game" bit, the Final Fantasy music, and all the way to his Final Fantasy as heck design, he is from a Final Fantasy game that no one planned to make. Though, I do love the concept of a game where Mario characters are chucked into a diet Final Fantasy world and have to find a way back.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Interesting question...that's one that all "robot species" type scenarios need to answer. The fact that it's left open definitely does give us some room for a sequel. Whatever the answer is, maybe Smelter (or Smelters) are involved? All the "life" in the Smithy Gang has to come from them--maybe they're holy symbols?

...probably reading too far into that, lol. But it's fun to think about. They obviously intended for there to be more to this, given the "discarded" Smithys down under the factory. You don't put in a detail like that without the history to back it.

I don't get Ninten either, other than the fact that he would complete the trio of Mother protags. (He's also missing a spirit, I think?) Mostly, it seems people got attached to the idea of him as an easy echo, and now want him to be unique, because there aren't going to be DLC echoes in this wave. I don't know how he'd differentiate himself, though...

As for JC's comment, I'd like to think Geno could be one of those "surprises." To the general audience, he'd be a pretty random pick. His and Fatman's comments do make me hopeful the DLC will not disappoint.:grin:

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Not likely. The entire Culex boss fight, while awesome, was just one big Final Fantasy joke. The reason why his kind can't live in Mario's world is because its "3D" while Culex and the rest of his world are still flat pixel sprites. Then there is those Materia looking crystals, the whole "another game" bit, the Final Fantasy music, and all the way to his Final Fantasy as heck design, he is from a Final Fantasy game that no one planned to make. Though, I do love the concept of a game where Mario characters are chucked into a diet Final Fantasy world and have to find a way back.
True, but the Empire of Vanda or however they want to call it could have some sort of plan to convert the 3D Mario world into 2D or something. Idk I just feel like a lot of people liked Culex even though he was a total FF reference joke and having the antagonists all be 2D FF pastiches would be interesting and a fun way of Square to poke fun at classic FF. Even if they aren't the main villains I could totally see them having another secret Culex battle or a battle with the Dark Mage himself/herself.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
True, but the Empire of Vanda or however they want to call it could have some sort of plan to convert the 3D Mario world into 2D or something. Idk I just feel like a lot of people liked Culex even though he was a total FF reference joke and having the antagonists all be 2D FF pastiches would be interesting and a fun way of Square to poke fun at classic FF. Even if they aren't the main villains I could totally see them having another secret Culex battle or a battle with the Dark Mage himself/herself.
All I have to say is that if the Octopath team ever did work on a SMRPG Remaster or sequel, making 2D sprites in 3D environments is already up there alley.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I agree with the notion that this should be a thread to discuss Geno only, but with Polarpanda leaking to this thread in particular and other users dropping hints it's hard to stay on topic.
Just like it was hard to stay on topic during the Ridley threads

...I'm sorry I couldn't pass that one up

Guys, be reminded that the #1 thing about the Geno thread is that the central focus is about Geno. As long as we are discussing Geno in a way that keeps us on topic, we're good. Last we want is for SE to overtake the thread and it to become another "Should I" or "Should I Not" with Geno.

Now I'd like to see Geno have an unique Final Smash but trying to figure something out. Maybe something involving the 7 Stars?

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Now I'd like to see Geno have an unique Final Smash but trying to figure something out. Maybe something involving the 7 Stars?
Outside of Geno Blast or Geno Whirl?

Maybe utilizing Mallow? Mallow can use his magic to call down that big snowman, or to summon a lightning bolt?

Or summoning a lightning bolt to paralyze all the fighters and then Geno fuses his arms into a big Geno cannon (like Genos from OPM)?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Just like it was hard to stay on topic during the Ridley threads

...I'm sorry I couldn't pass that one up

Guys, be reminded that the #1 thing about the Geno thread is that the central focus is about Geno. As long as we are discussing Geno in a way that keeps us on topic, we're good. Last we want is for SE to overtake the thread and it to become another "Should I" or "Should I Not" with Geno.

His final smash just seems really straight forward. He calls down the 7 Stars, then proceeds to use Geno Flash. Very similar Final Smash to Rosalina's but with more of a Smart Bomb/Yellow Devil Death explosion

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Iv'e always wondered where the Geno Doll came from. I mean , Gaz literraly did an head-shot on Mario with it.

It may be crazy , but I think it was a prototype Smithy made. It's like a gun when you think about it , a gun disguised as a doll. If you think about it , this could easily be a deadly tool if they did spread it around the Mushroom Kingdom and Smithy managed to activate them all at once and create chaos.

Sure , it seem unlikely as hell , but seeing one of Smithy's creation be his downfall is pretty cool.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Is it bad of me to say that I unironically want Geno and Lloyd to be in just so that when it comes to JRPG characters, the only noteworthy pick left is Isaac...and by process of elimination we’d get him sooner or later....

Im afraid I’m both jaded and selfish. Lol

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Is there any credibility to those claims of a second DLC pass, or is that mostly speculation? I wouldn't see why Sakurai and his team wouldn't continue DLC. Also, Sakurai said at the beginning of Smash 4 DLC season that he couldn't keep the development team together forever, but this time around he hasn't made a comment like that. Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but this might mean we're going to get a lot of DLC. But at the same time, however, maybe this just means nothing. Either way, I've been feeling confident about Geno lately, I'll definitely be a little taken back if he isn't it.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Is there any credibility to those claims of a second DLC pass, or is that mostly speculation? I wouldn't see why Sakurai and his team wouldn't continue DLC. Also, Sakurai said at the beginning of Smash 4 DLC season that he couldn't keep the development team together forever, but this time around he hasn't made a comment like that. Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but this might mean we're going to get a lot of DLC. But at the same time, however, maybe this just means nothing. Either way, I've been feeling confident about Geno lately, I'll definitely be a little taken back if he isn't it.
It's speculation.

However , if the first DLC wave sold well , there is no reason for them to stop. It's basically the best way for Nintendo to promote their games , and keep one of their biggest game alive.

If we can have 7 Smash DLC for a Smash game in one year and a half wich needeed twice as much as developpement (3DS/Wii U) I don't see how 10 characters alongside a few echos is out of the question for Ultimate. Especially with the bigger life-span of the Switch.

Except if Sakurai said no... But After all , the guy is ready to work for the next Smash game sooooo...

And yeah , I hope they do a Mewtwo on us and pick Geno as the first DLC character.
Because remember , Mewtwo was picked because he was the most requested character for Sm4sh. (Ridley was a stage hazard , they didn't knew for K Rool , and the others veterans weren't as requested or were impossible to bring back (Ices Climbers/Snake.))
And they are aware of Geno's popularity among Smash fans.

And well , if people don't know him , I don't think they'll say no to a star warrior with an arm gun wich can transform info a canon.
Also he's going to be a small and fast character with projectiles , sound busted , but every competitive player will want to buy him.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
It's speculation.

However , if the first DLC wave sold well , there is no reason for them to stop. It's basically the best way for Nintendo to promote their games , and keep one of their biggest game alive.

If we can have 7 Smash DLC for a Smash game in one year and a half wich needeed twice as much as developpement (3DS/Wii U) I don't see how 10 characters alongside a few echos is out of the question for Ultimate. Especially with the bigger life-span of the Switch.

Except if Sakurai said no... But After all , the guy is ready to work for the next Smash game sooooo...

And yeah , I hope they do a Mewtwo on us and pick Geno as the first DLC character.
Because remember , Mewtwo was picked because he was the most requested character for Sm4sh. (Ridley was a stage hazard , they didn't knew for K Rool , and the others veterans weren't as requested or were impossible to bring back (Ices Climbers/Snake.))
And they are aware of Geno's popularity among Smash fans.

And well , if people don't know him , I don't think they'll say no to a star warrior with an arm gun wich can transform info a canon.
Also he's going to be a small and fast character with projectiles , sound busted , but every competitive player will want to buy him.
I envision Geno as a perfect example of a “glass cannon” as a way to balance him, a featherweight that essentially lives and dies on how well you can time your hits. Time them well, and you’ll be an absolute powerhouse. Time them wrong, however, and you could wind up rocketing off the stage at 75%. That kind of character absolutely hasn’t been seen in the game before, and would really complement the current roster.

Last edited:

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
Man, the days are flying by and i'm getting more nervous. For me, the stakes are really high. At this point, i just want to know who the SE rep, but we'll wait and see. Hopefully we'll get our answers at The Game Awards.

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
So how many of you all still have your original Super Mario RPG cartridge? Do you have a fun story to go along with it?
As a gamer, I have a quite a sad but gratifying story for me to tell about this...

Well, first, when I was a child I got a SNES from Santa (lol). Considering at that time globalization wasn't a thing and I was living in Chile, it was a great effort for good ol' Santa since units arrived way more expensive and with some time offset.
I hadn't SMRPG myself, but I got it borrowed, and god it was so awesome. I always say that my english proficiency was thanks to videogames (well, as you can see, not that much lol :( ), but probably the kickstarter was indeed SMRPG. But since I couldn't buy it (and Santa was meanie this time, I only had SMW, SM All Stars and DKC), I just could finish it though emulation.

Fast forward ahead, I was given a N64 with the condition that I had to give my SNES to my cousins, which I didn't have any problem. Better all, it was my first step to SSB ;) But then, I couldn't get a NGC because I was around 16, and in a space-time paradox where Santa told me "you're quite grown for videogames", and working at that age in my country wasn't that frequent. So I ended selling my N64.

Fast forward ahead again, when I was in the university (around 24 years old), x day I went to a flea market, and I saw it: a guy selling a SNES. It waasn't in the best condition (if I hit hard the furniture where the SNES was, it would glitch, lol), but at least it was playable. Also it was with SMW. I swear, all the nostalgia came through my eyes in a flash. So I bought it, installed it, blew it (because it didn't work at first, hahaha), and I felt like in my childhood. So awesome! I can tell that was one of my joyful days of my life.

So overridden by nostalgia, I decided to buy every game that I wanted to play and couldn't because Santa. So I went to a lot of flea markets, and there it was: The ol' good Super Mario RPG :bluejump:. I bought without thinking twice (also because a guy besides me was also interested...whew!) and yeah, I had a sensorial orgasm. It was so awesome to play it again on a console! I took my time to have it near 100% completion (because Super Suit is goddamn impossible for me :crying:), including Jump to be the best attack for Mario. Up to last year, I had a collection over 100 games for NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, NDS and 3DS (sadly no WiiU :/). Also a pair of PS. I even got all the NES, SNES, GB and NDS versions of Mega Man (The Zero one I had the collection for NDS). I even got the golden Wiimote with the Zelda Skyward Sword, some Taikos, the obscure Mario & Wario, the Sin & Punishment for N64 and many more.

Then, last year, I decided to move to Japan. I always wanted to live here for personal reasons (more than weeaboo-y motives, I kind of dropped that some time ago, lol). As I planned to establish here, I had to sell everything on Chile. Yep, even the big video game collection. My point of entrace to Japan was through a japanese language school, and since all these games I began to buy it just before the Retro Boom that has inflated those games, I could earn quite a lot of money from them, enough to pay 6 months of japanese lessons (and they are SO expensive). And here I am, with a job, renting an apartment and living the day-to-day here. So, I have to say that my videogame collection was one of the biggest influencers into settling myself here in Japan. Including Super Mario RPG. So, I thank them a lot. More than giving a lot of memories in the past, but letting me live wherever I wanted to in the present. I owe them my staying in Japan :smirk:

Sadly I couldn't play them all. I was in a situation like a stereotypical girl that has a lot of clothes and says "I have nothing to wear". It was the same with videogames for me, lol. The last ones I remember to play was FFIII (SNES), Corpse Party (3DS), Lord of Magna (3DS), Stella Glow (3DS), Paper Mario TTYD (NGC). Goddammit, too much awesome games and too little time :'/

Here is a memento of my collection. It breaks my heart, because it took like 5 years to have them all, and it was my pride. And probably I can't build it again, since NES and SNES game prices are so high right now.
gamesad.png

Sorry for the long post. Given the circunstances, this was something I wanted to share. Sorry for the almost-derail :/

Oh, by the way...
Tbh, I doubt that will happen. Nintendo released a video on Smash (I think) and Fatmanonice Fatmanonice described how Nintendo is really hitting the nostalgic angle the game provides, so I am sure they know what will make fans happy, and they will want to make the fans happy. After all, we got Pauline in Mario Tennis aces! And when Nintendo described the DLC as must haves, I don't think they are going to go any bad route, I think they truly want to make the fans happy this time around
Inb4 Baby Pauline for the next Mario Kart :urg:

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
It’s gonna feel like a long time till Friday just to play Ultimate :urg:, but at least we’re in the endgame now when it comes to waiting for the game’s release.

D0D4710D-F9CC-412C-9F9B-B99A6DECF8A1.gif

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

ALSO, remember the JC Rodrigo interview how he said, there would be surprises like PPlant? Does that mean surprises that come out of nowhere? That could corroborate Fatmanonice saying theres a possibility there would be little to no shill characters
See, the issue here is that Paula and Kuma wouldn’t be unique at all. Their moves are all used by Ness and Lucas and all they’d add sadly are more clones/semi clones at best. Ninten and Mother 1’s PSI are unique in that A. Ninten doesn’t use offensive PSI, like none, and B. Mother 1 is filled with PSI moves that are not present in later games. Strangely enough, Lucas and Ness have more in common than Ninten does with either protag, so ironically the character with the least interesting design has the most potential for a moveset when it comes to PSI users.

Also I’m wondering myself about shill reps. If there is truly only one or two I’m wondering who they could be...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom