• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait the one man band was actualy a hint.?
Slime.
I will say Slime.
No, that video wasn't a hint. I was originally going to post that without context but I figured that would be too mean so (I thought) I made it abundantly clear that I was just being a goof. I love that video though. My grandpa had a one man band set up. It's definitely a lost art.

beans

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the news that Boomers will love and Zoomers might whine about. The one man band was a joke as far as I know.
Oh

Welp this is awnkward
Is it from the list or just SE games in general?

beans

Smash Lord
No, that video wasn't a hint. I was originally going to post that without context but I figured that would be too mean so (I thought) I made it abundantly clear that I was just being a goof. I love that video though. My grandpa had a one man band set up. It's definitely a lost art.
Really.
Heck, how does it work?

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Congratulations on beating the Brawl thread !

Even if we had some off-topics conversation (The talks about pies were worth it tbh) I'm glad I'm here to celebrate.

Also , remember that we have no tangible proof of a SE rep coming because Cloud was in base and they wanted DLC.
Sure , it seem possible , but It's also possible that Nintendo came back to get someone else that would be a important character to start the fighter pass with.
While all of theses SE rep seem like great candidates , there is a dozen third party who are ready to let their characters join Smash Bros. And they still have a lot of Nintendo characters.

Think about it , beside SE beeing stingy and all , why should they start the fighter pass with a SE rep ? Really , think about it.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Because no one has gotten it right, yes, I was talking about a character yesterday. I will also say that, based on what is known, there's very little evidence for "shill" characters as DLC right now. There's a lot of unknowns still but I think fans can be assured that, from how things are looking right now, there might be one but there's reasonable doubt.
I don't know if my heart can take not knowing who it is. The only thing I could think of that no one else has guessed is Lolo, from the adventures of Lolo... but did anyone ever want him? I'm at a loss.

beans

Smash Lord
Neither. It's unrelated to the square rep I believe. A lot of people thought it was a mode before now.
Oh.
Man im missing stuff.
A character that older fans would like, but relatively newer fans would deem undeserving of a slot?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Any chance you could PM me what you know? Haven't been super active in the Geno threads throughout the years but I've been doing character speculation for a decade and I'd like to think I can keep a secret.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Because no one has gotten it right, yes, I was talking about a character yesterday. I will also say that, based on what is known, there's very little evidence for "shill" characters as DLC right now. There's a lot of unknowns still but I think fans can be assured that, from how things are looking right now, there might be one but there's reasonable doubt.
Would be ironic if it were the Fighting Polygon Team being playable in some kind. There isn't even a team to fight in the game anymore, so it could line up. Pretty awesome, if you ask me.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
Are we getting a hanafunda character? Would you at least tell us when we're getting close? Fatmanonice Fatmanonice
I think you can rest assured that the last thing he'd do is give a solid hint like that, given that he's been clear that the character is such that even a small hint would completely give it away. All we can do is speculate wildly right now, because if it's not Banjo or Geno like I'm suspecting, then I'm really at a loss who it could be, and that's kind of exciting in and of itself.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
that hopefully means no effing sephiroth or steve then.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I also want to repeat that the SE character is not known. That's not being kept secret. Nobody knows the end result including people deep inside Square. It could have gone either way for the two finalists. This will probably be something that will be unknown to virtually everyone until the day of the reveal/s.

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
I think you can rest assured that the last thing he'd do is give a solid hint like that, given that he's been clear that the character is such that even a small hint would completely give it away. All we can do is speculate wildly right now, because if it's not Banjo or Geno like I'm suspecting, then I'm really at a loss who it could be, and that's kind of exciting in and of itself.
Marth 5

D

Deleted member

I also want to repeat that the SE character is not known. That's not being kept secret. Nobody knows the end result including people deep inside Square. It could have gone either way for the two finalists. This will probably be something that will be unknown to virtually everyone until the day of the reveal/s.
Just praying it's Geno

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Oh.
Man im missing stuff.
A character that older fans would like, but relatively newer fans would deem undeserving of a slot?
I don't want to spread misinformation. It was something along those lines, but I don't remember exactly what he said.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm going to entertain this notion for a minute.

Assuming the character in question isn't from SE, I'm guessing that it'll be either...

A) A Nintendo character that people didn't think had a chance anymore.
B) A Bandai Namco character that people think would not get in under "normal" circumstances.
C) A Western third-party from the old days that hasn't been given the time of day until now.

Those are my best guesses I can muster. If I am getting close, don't say a peep, I want to be surprised (I'm saying this to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , of course).

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Are you willing to tell us whether or not they have a support thread on here? You said nobody is actively wanting them, so I'd expect they probably don't, or if they do it's pretty dead.
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
A character that only boomer could know and be a real tear-jerker?
Knew it! BUBSY IS IN!

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
I'm going to entertain this notion for a minute.

Assuming the character in question isn't from SE, I'm guessing that it'll be either...

A) A Nintendo character that people didn't think had a chance anymore.
B) A Bandai Namco character that people think would not get in under "normal" circumstances.
C) A Western third-party from the old days that hasn't been given the time of day until now.

Those are my best guesses I can muster. If I am getting close, don't say a peep, I want to be surprised.
Doomguy doomguy in stage

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
If it's goku or shrek, I swear to god...

D

Deleted member

Wait, IT'S BOWSER WITH AN ALT BASED ON THE SUPER MARIO BROS SUPER SHOW

Loog

Smash Apprentice
If you do not mind me asking, do you know who the boomer character is or are you assuming who it is given whatever info your receiving?

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Jet Force Gemini? Mischief Makers!? CONTRA!?!?

Also don't mind seconding the Tails claim made earlier in the thread as a possibility.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I know some would've asked for Mike from Startropics and Mach Rider because of the Grinch Leak or maybe even the return of the Chorus Kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom