• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Genuinely, if there is a FF rep, please let it be Tidus. Tidus is one of my favorite FF characters and he would bring good music (although very little) with him, plus his laugh (hopefully).

So him or a FF4 rep.
Sabin, Shadow, or Setzer.
I wanna suplex a train on someone.

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
I'd be down with Sabin, Sabin >>>> Tifa imo. Also, his final smash should indeed be him suplexing the train on his enemies.

Last edited:

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
I don’t see a lot of people talking about DQ characters being mii costumes, but I think that’d make a lot more sense all things considered.

Negotiating with all the interested parties over a skin design is much more straightforward than working with them on an entire unique fighter, complete with a moveset, stage, and music.

It seems like a great way to capitalize on the popularity of the series without killing yourself in the process.

Pure speculation, but what if the names Verge has heard the most are in fact upcoming mii costumes?

D

Deleted member

Slime is subject to the same policies any other dq character is. So he wouldn't be any easier to get.
He is? I thought otherwise. Anyways, I still think they would get Slime if going for a DQ character, because he is the DQ icon and he would have a unique moveset. Still unlikely though

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh look, more from Sakurai:

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/23/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-2/

"Final Fantasy (FF below) is one of the few uniquely Japanese game series revered by players around the world. I think fans across the globe have hoped a character from one of those series would appear in Smash, so it was only a matter of time. At the same time, there are only so many big-name titles we can work with at this point—mainly because we’ve covered most of those bases. Aside from the major globally-recognized franchises already featured in Smash, there really aren’t that many left."

He then goes on to say:

"And within the FF franchise, Cloud is without question the most popular choice. A number of people fixate on the fact his original game was never released on a Nintendo console, but if we were to limit our choices to characters who appeared on a Nintendo console, we’d end up with Bartz from FFV or the Onion Knight from FFIII—how would that work? Maybe they could change jobs or something… Actually, that would be kind of interesting (laughs)."

Hue hue, indeed, but, please, continue sir:

"At the same time, I think it’s only natural to prioritize the character who enjoys worldwide popularity. I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though."

He then talks about working with Square Enix:

"They supervised the development, providing detailed feedback and harsh criticism, but they didn’t make much in the way of requests. We have our own format for designing content in Smash, and they were gracious enough to grant us considerable freedom when devising Cloud’s attacks, animations, and Special Moves."

In other words, Square pretty much breathed down his neck the entire time like an asthmatic moose.

He then talks about working with Bayonetta:

"My first concern with Bayonetta was devising a way to maintain the flavor of her games.
In order to efficiently progress through the original Bayonetta, her Dodge Offset technique is absolutely essential since it allows you to dodge mid-attack and continue a combo. I wanted to preserve the concept of holding down the attack button being advantageous, so I included her Bullet Arts in Smash. In addition, I took pains to implement combo and Special cancels for stringing together chains in true Bayonetta fashion. Unfortunately, combo characters don’t exactly fit the fundamental model of Smash."

Once again, sticking to the nature of the character and the games is incredibly important to Sakurai.
The first part of the quote really got to me when it relates to DQ.
"Final Fantasy (FF below) is one of the few uniquely Japanese game series revered by players around the world."
That is certainly the big diffrence between FF and DQ. I will say, I am curious of the implications when he said there was not many big franchises left to work with besides the widely recognized ones.

D

Deleted member

What if Square Enix and Nintendo are working on bringing back Super Mario RPG AND Chrono Trigger!???

Both Geno and Chrono being added to Smash would be amazing

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I think there is one possibility that would lead to DQ beeing in Smash:

Square Enix abusing the power they had.
The whole appeal of Ultimate is the "Everyone is here!" factor. And they had Cloud , wich was in SSB4 , and obviously , he was needed.

They could have easily say "Alright , we'll only let you use Cloud in base game if you let us have the protagonist of the Next Dragon quest game as a payable DLC fighter. Take it or leave it."

That's a dark timeline , but third parties had this power for the base game , to straight up ruin Ultimate's appeal. I Hope SE isn't that sadistic , but still , It's a possibility.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He is? I thought otherwise. Anyways, I still think they would get Slime if going for a DQ character, because he is the DQ icon and he would have a unique moveset. Still unlikely though
He is.

In case you can't zoom in, it says that all Dragon Quest characters are liscensed by Armor Project, Bird Studio, and Square Enix.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
This "3 word sell" is fun:

Arle Nadja: Drop-down magician
Travis Touchdown: Saber swinging assassin
Doomguy: Demon ripping hulk
Jibanyan: Truck punching kitty
Car Salesman: Car Roof Slapper!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think there is one possibility that would lead to DQ beeing in Smash:

Square Enix abusing the power they had.
The whole appeal of Ultimate is the "Everyone is here!" factor. And they had Cloud , wich was in SSB4 , and obviously , he was needed.

They could have easily say "Alright , we'll only let you use Cloud in base game if you let us have the protagonist of the Next Dragon quest game as a payable DLC fighter. Take it or leave it."

That's a dark timeline , but third parties had this power for the base game , to straight up ruin Ultimate's appeal. I Hope SE isn't that sadistic , but still , It's a possibility.
Square had leverage with Everyone One is Here but not that much. Nintendo is worth 140 billion right now and shattering sales records with what's quickly becoming their most popular home console ever. Square Enix is hemmoraging money to the point that they're cancelling planned DLC in droves. This level of blackmail would be squashed with a firm glare. An elephant might be spooked by a mouse if caught off guard but could also kill it instantly if it somehow put a percent of its full weight on it.

The first part of the quote really got to me when it relates to DQ.
"Final Fantasy (FF below) is one of the few uniquely Japanese game series revered by players around the world."

That is certainly the big diffrence between FF and DQ. I will say, I am curious of the implications when he said there was not many big franchises left to work with besides the widely recognized ones.
I mean, it's true. There's not a whole lot of globally popular ones left. Castlevania was one. Tekken is another. Monster Hunter is now definitely one. Kingdom Hearts is one. Resident Evil, Silent Hill... Uh... I'm sure a number escape me but it kind of jumps to Western developers from there. Then there's ones that are distinctly Japanese but have mixed results globally or are overwhelmingly more popular in Japan like Dragon Quest, Super Monkey Ball, Ninja Gaiden, Tales, Dynasty Warriors, Tohou, BlazBlue, King of Fighters, Puyo Pop, DDR, Nobunaga's Ambition, SAO, Xenosaga (not Blade), Yokai Watch, etc.

D

Deleted member

I don’t see a lot of people talking about DQ characters being mii costumes, but I think that’d make a lot more sense all things considered.

Negotiating with all the interested parties over a skin design is much more straightforward than working with them on an entire unique fighter, complete with a moveset, stage, and music.

It seems like a great way to capitalize on the popularity of the series without killing yourself in the process.

Pure speculation, but what if the names Verge has heard the most are in fact upcoming mii costumes?
That would make a lot of sense. FF 7 on the Switch, have a Sephiroth Mii costume cause his sword is too big (lol) and no music needed to come along with him (I think), a DQ Mii costume for honoring a huge franchise in Japan with no need for music (I think), it would be cool if they didn't add a Chrono Mii costume and waited for a character reveal, to honor one of the biggest SNES games (and it could be one of the games SE is working with Nintendo to bring back), and a Mallow Mii costume as well! Only Geno can't be a Mii costume :)

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
So I'm just curious.... what would be your Square List of Priority when it comes to Smash?

I'd have to go Geno > Chrono > Sora > Sephiroth > Lara Croft >>>>>>>> Slime >>>>>>>>>>> Other DQ rep.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Geno > Mallow > Chrono > Sephiroth > > Erdrick > > > Noctis > > > Chocobo > > > > > > > > > > > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sora > > > Slime > > > > Lara Croft

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
On top of all of this, these designs and whatever creative liberties Sakurai does would have to be approved by a MINIMUM of three studios. Anyone says boo (Toriyama is a giant stickler and control freak for how his characters are depicted), and it all goes to crap. Futhermore, this is also the reason Dragon Quest characters have NEVER appeared outside a game that Square Enix didn't develop in its 32 year history.
Wow, I honestly didn't know that last part. I think that's particularly telling. Why bother going through so much trouble when the company you've been with for so long isn't in direct control? "We've only trusted Square with our characters in the past 32 years...but eh, this Sakurai kid seems nice. They constantly told him what to do with Cloud, but we'll be nicer this time. Go ahead, son."

I also didn't know that Toriyama is a stickler, but that's because I'm honestly not a fan of his work. I guess it makes sense, though. When you design so many characters, you probably want a say in how they're represented. Even if most of them look the same...

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I mean, it's true. There's not a whole lot of globally popular ones left. Castlevania was one. Tekken is another. Monster Hunter is now definitely one. Kingdom Hearts is one. Resident Evil, Silent Hill... Uh... I'm sure a number escape me but it kind of jumps to Western developers from there. Then there's ones that are distinctly Japanese but have mixed results globally or are overwhelmingly more popular in Japan like Dragon Quest, Super Monkey Ball, Ninja Gaiden, Tales, Dynasty Warriors, Tohou, BlazBlue, King of Fighters, Puyo Pop, DDR, Nobunaga's Ambition, SAO, Xenosaga (not Blade), Yokai Watch, etc.
I can't really think of many beyond that, either. And some of those, like Resident Evil and Silent Hill are kind of unlikely for Smash. So that pretty much just leaves Tekken, KH and Monster Hunter. All of which are somewhat likely for this round of DLC. It's kind of amazing we have all the heavy hitters in Smash at this point.

Pretty sad to see Tales in the second tier list...but I get it. Even as a Tales fan, I've only played about 1/3 of the games, if that. Thankfully, I am pumped for Vesperia on Switch next year.:grin:

Edit:
So I'm just curious.... what would be your Square List of Priority when it comes to Smash?

I'd have to go Geno > Chrono > Sora > Sephiroth > Lara Croft >>>>>>>> Slime >>>>>>>>>>> Other DQ rep.
Geno > Robo (:p) > Neku (if it were possible) >>>>>>> Sora >>>>>>>>> Slime >>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I can't really think of many beyond that, either. And some of those, like Resident Evil and Silent Hill are kind of unlikely for Smash. So that pretty much just leaves Tekken, KH and Monster Hunter. All of which are somewhat likely for this round of DLC. It's kind of amazing we have all the heavy hitters in Smash at this point.

Pretty sad to see Tales in the second tier list...but I get it. Even as a Tales fan, I've only played about 1/3 of the games, if that. Thankfully, I am pumped for Vesperia on Switch next year.:grin:
TBH; I could see RE having a fighting chance for Smash Representation in general. Certainly more fantastical than the dreariness of Silent Hill.

Last edited:

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
For me, it's Geno > Mallow > Anything else
I'm not opposed to someone like Crono, Sora, or most Final Fantasy protagonists getting in, but I really haven't played many Square games. I'm one of the five people on earth that has never played Final Fantasy 7 (until the Switch port comes out). :c You can all point and laugh at me now.
So basically, Geno or bust!

Last edited:

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I'm new, but I've been around for a long time. I just want to say this. (If this has all been said before I apologize.) While I don't think Dragon Quest is happening, at all, for reasons stated. I'm not sure about Geno either, as much as I want him. In my opinion it's Crono. Didn't Square themselves say they were going to start developing more for the Switch, and resurrecting old franchises to boot. What if they were talking about Chrono Trigger, and Crono is to coincide with that. It would make sense if it was a Switch exclusive too like Octopath, an unlike Dragon Quest, I'd say Crono is fairly known in the West. Plus, unlike Geno, he is the main character of his game. I know how you all feel about Spirits, but I just don't see them putting in a Geno Spirit when other ones haven't been seen. Porky (I don't buy the Absolutely Safe Capsule thing. He was a boss, they could've just made his Brawl render a spirit. Every other boss is one. Plus, wouldn't they have said his name, like Absolutely Safe Capsule ((Porky))? I don't know. They did it for other characters.) Marshal/Tibby, KOS-MOS, or even Adeleine aren't, and can be made into fighters later on. Ask yourself this, if Spirits didn't de-confirm, then why aren't these ones in the game? People have been saying that Sakurai said they don't mean anything, but are we sure that you didn't all just assume and interpret it that way? That's a honest question. I don't think he explicitly said they did or didn't from what I recall, but maybe I'm wrong. At any rate, unlike trophies, non fighter Spirits can be equipped an used in game. In terms of in game stuff, I feel Chrom as an echoe is the exception, as they more than likely just took the Robin final smash model last minute, not even thinking he was gonna be in, as a quick bonus echo for the end. This especially makes sense if everything was planned, which is why we have 5 missing stage slots on SSS, roster will make perfect Square without Mii's, Rex not being in even though they could've just added him for DLC? As well as SpringMan? I think the tweet was saying that plans and negotiations had been finalized, not that they just decided the characters that day. Either way, I want Geno, and I understand all your points. I've wanted him since Pre-Brawl. But I'm just being real about how I feel. Also, think about this. Remember how people said there might be a Smash reveal at the VGA's? There is a category for franchises needed to be revived, and Chrono Trigger is on it. Just food for thought, but what if Chrono Trigger won, and they announced Crono for Smash Bros. Ultimate? Just something interesting.

Another side note, this is just speculation as well, but I saw the whole list in the My Music section for Ultimate. To make a perfect Square like the stage select with training and CSS without Mii's, there would be three more franchises, as there is three missing, and two existing for the DLC. Maybe. Anyways, still hoping for Geno! I know this was long, but my main point besides Spirits (which I'm probably wrong about anyway) is that you all shouldn't be worried about Dragon Quest, and maybe pay a little more attention to Crono. I feel he is our main competition, unless I'm missing something.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

That would be an amazing twist, honestly. Dragon Quest still gets Western exposure without Nintendo going through Dante's Inferno. Square still makes a killing. I see no real downside

With that article I posted about Cloud, I think it's interesting to note that Sakurai admits Cloud was grossly overpowered AKA broken most of his development cycle. Makes sense, given Cloud's design. I bring this up because it ties into the Sephiroth discussion we had yesterday. Sakurai barely squeaked by having Cloud work in Smash and we still all know how that turned out. Like I said yesterday, I can't even imagine Sephiroth with his "turn on the TV in the living room while standing in the kitchen" sword and "I think I've just engulf the Galaxy in a supernova for funnsies" power

D

Deleted member

I'm not opposed to someone like Crono, Sora, or most Final Fantasy protagonists getting in, but I really haven't played many Square games. I'm one of the five people on earth that has never played Final Fantasy 7 (until the Switch port comes out). :c You can all point and laugh at me now.
I haven't played FF 7 either lol

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm new, but I've been around for a long time. I just want to say this. (If this has all been said before I apologize.) While I don't think Dragon Quest is happening, at all, for reasons stated. I'm not sure about Geno either, as much as I want him. In my opinion it's Crono. Didn't Square themselves say they were going to start developing more for the Switch, and resurrecting old franchises to boot. What if they were talking about Chrono Trigger, and Crono is to coincide with that. It would make sense if it was a Switch exclusive too like Octopath, an unlike Dragon Quest, I'd say Crono is fairly known in the West. Plus, unlike Geno, he is the main character of his game. I know how you all feel about Spirits, but I just don't see them putting in a Geno Spirit when other ones haven't been seen. Porky (I don't buy the Absolutely Safe Capsule thing. He was a boss, they could've just made his Brawl render a spirit. Every other boss is one. Plus, wouldn't they have said his name, like Absolutely Safe Capsule ((Porky))? I don't know. They did it for other characters.) Marshal/Tibby, KOS-MOS, or even Adeleine aren't, and can be made into fighters later on. Ask yourself this, if Spirits didn't de-confirm, then why aren't these ones in the game? People have been saying that Sakurai said they don't mean anything, but are we sure that you didn't all just assume and interpret it that way? That's a honest question. I don't think he explicitly said they did or didn't from what I recall, but maybe I'm wrong. At any rate, unlike trophies, non fighter Spirits can be equipped an used in game. In terms of in game stuff, I feel Chrom as an echoe is the exception, as they more than likely just took the Robin final smash model last minute, not even thinking he was gonna be in, as a quick bonus echo for the end. This especially makes sense if everything was planned, which is why we have 5 missing stage slots on SSS, roster will make perfect Square without Mii's, Rex not being in even though they could've just added him for DLC? As well as SpringMan? I think the tweet was saying that plans and negotiations had been finalized, not that they just decided the characters that day. Either way, I want Geno, and I understand all your points. I've wanted him since Pre-Brawl. But I'm just being real about how I feel. Also, think about this. Remember how people said there might be a Smash reveal at the VGA's? There is a category for franchises needed to be revived, and Chrono Trigger is on it. Just food for thought, but what if Chrono Trigger won, and they announced Crono for Smash Bros. Ultimate? Just something interesting.

Another side note, this is just speculation as well, but I saw the whole list in the My Music section for Ultimate. To make a perfect Square like the stage select with training and CSS without Mii's, there would be three more franchises, as there is three missing, and two existing for the DLC. Maybe. Anyways, still hoping for Geno! I know this was long, but my main point besides Spirits (which I'm probably wrong about anyway) is that you all shouldn't be worried about Dragon Quest, and maybe pay a little more attention to Crono. I feel he is our main competition, unless I'm missing something.
Abour resurrecting old fanchrises, Chronno Trigger doesnt work on it because it's on Cellphones right now. The best think is to think on SMRPG.
Also let me add that WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE EXISTENCE OF GENO AND MALLOW IN THE GAME.
Those were revealed via datamining, the game isn't out yet.
Hypothethically, if they're going to announce Geno on VGA, it still works to them to announce somethin like "In the meanwhile, you can still enjoy the original renders in the game tomorrow!" or something after announce Geno as the first DLC.
I think Crono is a good character, but he is similar to Geno in chances to get in, anyways, geno is the character with more than a decade of continuing support and acknowledgment by The Smash creator. I dont know about Crono...
That's my opinion tho

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Abour resurrecting old fanchrises, Chronno Trigger doesnt work on it because it's on Cellphones right now. The best think is to think on SMRPG.
Also let me add that WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE EXISTENCE OF GENO AND MALLOW IN THE GAME.
Hypothethically, if they're going to announce Geno on VGA, it still works to them to announce somethin like "In the meanwhile, you can still enjoy the original renders in the game tomorrow!" or something after announce Geno as the first DLC.
I think Crono is a good character, but he is similar to Geno in chances to get in, anyways, geno is the character with more than a decade of continuing support and acknowledgment by The Smash creator. I dont know about Crono...
That's my opinion tho
Well, we have seen spirit battle screens of Geno and Mallow in this thread before

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
That's my opinion tho
That's a good point about knowing the spirits only due to means Nintendo did not account for.... hmmmmmmm

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
You are not alone, brother. Never played any FF except the first few minutes of the first, and about an hour of 3. Was not my cup of tea.

Only just played Chrono Trigger last year, actually. But that one quickly became a favorite. Loved TWEWY since I first played it as well.

...and that is the extent of my Square experience. Aside from SMRPG, obviously.

D

Deleted member

That's a good point about knowing the spirits only due to means Nintendo did not account for.... hmmmmmmm
We have seen spirit battle screens of Geno and Mallow though, but there's no need to worry, Sakurai confirmed that spirits do not deconfirm

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We have seen spirit battle screens of Geno and Mallow though, but there's no need to worry, Sakurai confirmed that spirits do not deconfirm
Actually, we only ever saw the Geno icon pre leak, and we did not even expect Mallow to appear as he did. We only got true conformations of their status as spirits after the leak.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Geno > Mallow > Chrono > Sephiroth > > Erdrick > > > Noctis > > > Chocobo > > > > > > > > > > > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sora > > > Slime > > > > Lara Croft
oh these are fun i like these.

Geno >>>>>> Mallow >>>>> Sabin >>>Magus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Erik >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Erdrick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> actually getting kidney stones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sephiroth > sora

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
If we ever did get another FF character I would also love someone from 6 since it had such a memorable cast, but I'd also be down for Cecil, Kain or Bartz, but I highly doubt we'll get another FF character to begin with. It'd be funny if for a gimmick Shadow couldn't hold most weapons in favor of throwing them at his opponents to go with his "throw" command (though that would probably annoy people). Some kind of character focused on weapon-throwing would be interesting.

Back to the topic of Geno, one of the other thoughts I had the other day is if he finally makes it in, I can't wait for all the acknowledgement Super Mario RPG and Geno will get from it. All the "thank yous" to Sakurai and company, all the fan art pieces that people would put together and so forth. Much like the explosion of activity that came from Ridley and K. Rool getting announced - thank yous, amiibos, fan art and all - I hope our chance for celebration isn't merely a dream.

domriver

Smash Lord
That's my opinion tho
Indeed - supposedly if World of Light wasn't leaked we wouldn't even know about geno or mallow till the day of. 12/7 Game launches SMRPG Legend of the 7 Stars. 2 Spirits. VGA ( we have announcements for upcoming and released games, teasers and what not.........)

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
"We wanted to provide a solid single-player experience, but at the same time, we didn’t have enough development resources especially for creating character models. That’s where the idea came from. We needed to come up with a system that is fun and not a repetitive experience even when you battle against [computer players] repeatedly.
Cons for this system are:
Because there are so many fighters, we can’t tell stories for each individual fighter in detail. We can’t support creating exclusive stages/terrains (i.e. side-scroll action game terrain, etc.) for it. We can’t add new rules, etc. On the other hand, pros are:
We can utilize a variety of characters (But not featuring figures anymore)
We have a large pool of music, stages and fighters. With all that in mind as a whole, we concluded that we should create something themed after this large library of characters outside of fighters, and let players enjoy simulating fights using them. Everything else expanded from that base idea."

Is this what your talking about? Can you tell me where he said Spirits don't deconfirm fighters I honestly don't know

Edit: I'm not saying Geno doesn't have a chance. I'm just saying what I've been thinking

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
oh these are fun i like these.

Geno >>>>>> Mallow >>>>> Sabin >>>Magus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Erik >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Erdrick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> actually getting kidney stones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sephiroth > sora
There's too many ">"s! They're overpowering me!

Ahh! :nervous:

Latyon

Smash Cadet
"We wanted to provide a solid single-player experience, but at the same time, we didn’t have enough development resources especially for creating character models. That’s where the idea came from. We needed to come up with a system that is fun and not a repetitive experience even when you battle against [computer players] repeatedly.
Cons for this system are:
Because there are so many fighters, we can’t tell stories for each individual fighter in detail. We can’t support creating exclusive stages/terrains (i.e. side-scroll action game terrain, etc.) for it. We can’t add new rules, etc. On the other hand, pros are:
We can utilize a variety of characters (But not featuring figures anymore)
We have a large pool of music, stages and fighters. With all that in mind as a whole, we concluded that we should create something themed after this large library of characters outside of fighters, and let players enjoy simulating fights using them. Everything else expanded from that base idea."

Is this what your talking about? Can you tell me where he said Spirits don't deconfirm fighters I honestly don't know

Edit: I'm not saying Geno doesn't have a chance. I'm just saying what I've been thinking
I'd also like to know, no part of that says "Spirits don't deconfirm fighters" to me. In fact, all it says is "We made spirits for non-fighters"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom