• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Interesting thoughts of yours, Fatman. Maybe something won't happen in terms of Smash events. What will it mean if there is a Smash event tonight, though?
It won't change much because the Mario Direct so far is the only presentation so that they totally skipped an event before. It just becomes a lot more ambiguous because every DLC character has had a tournament or spirit event before their reveal.

No event = there's absolutely something happening later this week

Event = makes it much harder to predict

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well then, I do hope there is no event tonight. If there isn't, it also makes sense since there may not be many ideas left for any, and there have not been many special Spirit events based on other franchises.

Keep an eye out tonight, everyone.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, can someone make a picture of Santa Claus with a Geno hat on his head for me? It's something I want to use for an avatar.

Reactions: QQS

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just an update to my previous post: I actually found two more weeks that Smash events were missing on Tuesday: the Tuesday before the Fall 2019 Direct and the Tuesday before Terry's presentation. The events for these weeks were announced with the release of their respective characters: Banjo and Terry. So, quick recap:

Weeks that had no Smash events announced on Tuesday:

-Hero's release week

-Week of the Fall Direct 2019/Banjo's release week

-Terry's release week

-Byleth's release week

-Week of the Mario Direct

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Just an update to my previous post: I actually found two more weeks that Smash events were missing on Tuesday: the Tuesday before the Fall 2019 Direct and the Tuesday before Terry's presentation. The events for these weeks were announced with the release of their respective characters: Banjo and Terry. So, quick recap:

Weeks that had no Smash events announced on Tuesday:

-Hero's release week

-Week of the Fall Direct 2019/Banjo's release week

-Terry's release week

-Byleth's release week

-Week of the Mario Direct
So assuming this happens tonight and the pattern holds up exactly the way it has through Ultimate's life, then it could only be some sort of a Direct without a character. Unless they announce a character and then release them very shortly afterward.

Edit: I've thought about it more and I guess there could be a Direct with a fighter announcement without it also being on a release week, but it hasn't happened yet.

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute, correct me if I’m wrong, but you guys remember how there was a tournament/event skipped over in the internal code? Was that the Mario 35 tournament?

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute, correct me if I’m wrong, but you guys remember how there was a tournament/event skipped over in the internal code? Was that the Mario 35 tournament?
There was a event skipped over the week of the Mario Tourney, but the tourney skipped over was not the Mario tourney.
The Mario Tourney is a "Online Challenge" in Japan, so it would no influence on any normal smash event numbers.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
There was a event skipped over the week of the Mario Tourney, but the tourney skipped over was not the Mario tourney.
The Mario Tourney is a "Online Challenge" in Japan, so it would no influence on any normal smash event numbers.
Alright my bad.
So we still don’t know what this event was? I wonder why it was pushed back.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Alright my bad.
So we still don’t know what this event was? I wonder why it was pushed back.
There was no reason to push it back, unless there is some content related to the tourney which was also pushed back. The only type of content that would affect such a thing would be a tourney based on a new character which got delayed.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So assuming this happens tonight and the pattern holds up exactly the way it has through Ultimate's life, then it could only be some sort of a Direct without a character. Unless they announce a character and then release them very shortly afterward.

Edit: I've thought about it more and I guess there could be a Direct with a fighter announcement without it also being on a release week, but it hasn't happened yet.
This is true and why no event is a silver bullet for a presentation while an event doesn't give us solid clues either way.

Characters with unrelated events the week of their releases/reveals:

-Plant (release)

-Joker (release)

-Hero/Banjo (reveal)

-Byleth (reveal)

-Min Min (reveal)

-Steve (reveal)

Last edited:

PK Duststorm

Smash Apprentice
What's the kill time for an ingame smash announcement tonight? 9 pm est?
I forget when exactly they announce stuff.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What's the kill time for an ingame smash announcement tonight? 9 pm est?
I forget when exactly they announce stuff.
Yeah, 9 PM EST but sometimes, like last week, it's late because Intern-Kun falls asleep at work. Sometimes it's been so hilariously late that it's been 2-3 am EST but this has only happened a few times the last two years.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Yeah, 9 PM EST but sometimes, like last week, it's late because Intern-Kun falls asleep at work. Sometimes it's been so hilariously late that it's been 2-3 am EST but this has only happened a few times the last two years.
Just watch them completely jebait us tonight with a 1 am announcement.

PK Duststorm

Smash Apprentice
That 51 part Twitter theory is one I can get behind. Time will tell if it holds any water, but I've been contemplating the dlc based on company relations for quite some time. If anyone wants to debate the merit of such a theory, well let's do it. I would genuinely love to hear counterpoints. Anything for more smash speculation talk.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Read this fun Twitter theory on the Fighters Pass, and it involves our puppet boy!

FINALLY! Something to discuss/speculate that seems fun.

Also, hello everyone! Long time no see. Took a break catching up on videos games and working.

First off, I really like this theory. It goes deep into how the companies work together and the possibility of bringing new IPs to Smash (Sega comes to mind).

The big glaring omission to this is the one company that has been helping with Sm4sh and Ultimate...Bandai-Namco. Perhaps they thought Pac-man would be enough if this pans out? Though, their final prediction is pretty solid. I could see a Namco rep taking a spot, but this theory is giving me second thoughts.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Read through it and it's a fun theory and I get the idea behind it.

Personally, after Steve, I don't see another Microsoft character coming. Of course, this second pass could "double dip" with third party fighters, but the glaring omission is Namco. For all the work they've put into Smash ... 1 fighter doesn't seem to be enough. Nothing against those who want Master Chief or whatever ... but it seems his chances after Steve being revealed does dip a bit.

I could be completely wrong of course.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Maybe people already noticed this but it's weird to me how nintendo of japan keeps tweeting history posts about mario games and so far they have completely avoided mentioning SMRPG despite having touched the other Mario rpgs already lol… wtf Nintendo

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Maybe people already noticed this but it's weird to me how nintendo of japan keeps tweeting history posts about mario games and so far they have completely avoided mentioning SMRPG despite having touched the other Mario rpgs already lol… wtf Nintendo
They did actually.
It does raise the question why they haven't mentioned the game on its own, but they also have 4 months left.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Yeah, they've even already had it featured in a collection Mario Super Famicom but they haven't given it its own blurb yet.

Maybe they're saving it for a special occasion?
genopog.png

Please God just let it happen

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
They did actually.
It does raise the question why they haven't mentioned the game on its own, but they also have 4 months left.
My bad. Yeah if anything that's the part that makes me curious

Last edited:

PK Duststorm

Smash Apprentice
Replace Chief with Lloyd and I would support it more. Sm4sh diilc getting a promotion still has just as many points against as for. I'm still in camp geno of my own validity, but somewhere in my brain I'm just excited for the revelation either way.

The further Lloyd manages to work his self into my brain only helps him, in my eyes. Until lloyd and geno literally are my eyes due to working their way in too deep.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I don't think everyone is down as much as Nate was kinda dumb here.

Think about this: who gets excited for System Updates? Basically no one, because it usually means having to wait THAT much longer to play whatever game you are looking forward to. Sure, the Switch got some decent additions, but when you make a legacy of leaking games and that's what people want to see, you don't go about leaking a System Update and try to act like it may have been something worthwhile.

If anything, this just goes to show that Nintendo really is cracking down if the only thing someone like Nate can get is a system update a day or so before we get it.

I still think Nintendo is sitting on so much **** it's ridiculous, but will they show any of it before 2021?

You would think they would be it's hard to tell anymore.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Mr. Judd also pointed out on Star Road that the Japanese Mario 35 Twitter account has been blazing through Mario history this week. They did both all the DS and Wii games just today so all that's left is posts on the Wii U and 3DS and they're completely caught up. Seems weird that they've covered the SNES-Wii in less than a week.

Add in: My bad... Ten days but still, 27 years of Mario's history so roughly 3/4ths already.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Mr. Judd also pointed out on Star Road that the Japanese Mario 35 Twitter account has been blazing through Mario history this week. They did both all the DS and Wii games just today so all that's left is posts on the Wii U and 3DS and they're completely caught up. Seems weird that they've covered the SNES-Wii in less than a week.
Nintendo be like

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
At this rate they won't have any games left to talk about for the last 3 months of the anniversary.

It's almost like they're trying to get it all out of the way now because something's coming soon.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Assuming that we really are building up to a Mario character as the next DLC fighter, who do we have as likely candidates besides Geno and Waluigi? By likely, I mean those who appear to have 'evidence' building up in their favor - and assuming that we don't just get blindsided by Tatanga, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom