• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
New firmware update.
I think there is still more to this week.

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
New Switch Update just dropped, version 11.0.0. Seems like that was what Nate was referring to looking over his posts. Switch Online has it's own tab on the homescreen now.
I don’t know about that; Nintendo hasn’t really made an announcement about it yet, and they haven’t made any system update tweets since two years ago. Let’s not throw in the towel yet and wait until tomorrow.

...With that aside, they added new Mario icons for Mario 35th but they still haven’t added icons for Xenoblade 1 and 2?
07620DD4-6DFC-4455-8B4E-98CF07793590.jpeg

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I don’t know about that; Nintendo hasn’t really made an announcement about it yet, they don’t typically announce new system updates on Twitter. Let’s not throw in the towel yet and wait until tomorrow.

...With that aside, they added new Mario icons for Mario 35th but they still haven’t added icons for Xenoblade 1 and 2?
View attachment 293334
Also the fact that looking through the new NSO page it has a whole section for NES and SNES Online where you can open the games straight from there... which is probably what the version updates were actually about meaning we aren't any closer to actually getting more legacy content on Switch...
death.gif

Is it REALLY that unreasonable to expect Nintendo to have ATLEAST Game Boy games on the system by the 4 year mark? They own them, they have a working emulator, I'd be fine with paying for them, and yet they just don't have them on Switch yet because... reasons? That's the most annoying parts of Nintendo for me, what feel like very simple, clean, easy things for them to do that they just don't. Like the profile pictures you mentioned, how hard would it be to add more? THEY ARE LITERALLY JUST IMAGES! Or why do we not have Folders yet? Or Themes? If this was 2017 I wouldn't be complaining but it's been almost 4 years, the 3DS had them by this point so why not the Switch? It's just aggravating.

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Also the fact that looking through the new NSO page it has a whole section for NES and SNES Online where you can open the app straight from there... which is probably what the version updates were actually about meaning we aren't any closer to actually getting more legacy content on Switch...
View attachment 293335
Oh...I didn’t think about that.
Well, there goes my hopes of playing Paper Mario, Golden Sun, etc. on my Switch anytime soon
4C73F371-C1E7-4B7E-BEA9-D7F80983B1CD.jpeg

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So, Nate wasn't saying Nintendo would do or announce something on Tuesday in Japan, did he? I mean, it is Tuesday there now, right?
A few minutes before the update dropped he said it was just about to happen, that it was a small update, and to try and update their Switch (which was before the update became actually able to download). This is what he's been teasing for the past few days.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A few minutes before the update dropped he said it was just about to happen, that it was a small update, and to try and update their Switch (which was before the update became actually able to download). This is what he was referring to.
So it was Tuesday in Japan? I mean, he did say it was going to be on a Tuesday, right?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Personally, I'm doubtful that this new Switch update was what Nate was referring to. He stated that Nintendo would be announcing something and this update isn't really an announcement. I still think its possible we'll get something tomorrow. I'm guessing either another game shadowdrop, or best case scenario, the announcement of a Sakurai Presentation where he reveals CP8. I just can't imagine this update was the big "news" that Nate was hearing about.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Personally, I'm doubtful that this new Switch update was what Nate was referring to. He stated that Nintendo would be announcing something and this update isn't really an announcement. I still think its possible we'll get something tomorrow. I'm guessing either another game shadowdrop, or best case scenario, the announcement of a Sakurai Presentation where he reveals CP8. I just can't imagine this update was the big "news" that Nate was hearing about.
He literally said it was. He never implied it was big news anyway, he's been telling people to keep expectations down.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
• Nintendo Switch Online was added to the HOME Menu

A new feature that automatically downloads backed up save data was added to the Save Data Cloud

A new Trending feature was added to the User Page

Users can now transfer screenshots and videos from Album to their smart devices

• A new Copy to a Computer via USB Connection feature was added under System Settings > Data Management > Manage Screenshots and Videos

• Users can now select what download to prioritize when there are multiple downloads in progress

• User icons were added

-> Still no option for folders
DiHhsrqWkAAY3xI~5.jpeg

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
He literally said it was. He never implied it was big news anyway, he's been telling people to keep expectations down.
He did? Well if that's the case then I guess my original prediction is correct and that we might not get any major news until TGA unfrotunately.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wait, we were speculating something would happen this week or next week before the VGAs in the past week, all before Nate Drake hinted this update today. Are we really going to call it quits because of one guy we weren't even talking about before today?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Everyone here talking about Gameboy games coming to Switch Online. But no one talking about Gamecube games coming to the service. We've Gamecube fans been waiting forever to get Gamecube games accessible on modern hardware. And no, Sunshine on 3D All Stars doesn't count and doesn't stop the possibility of Gamecube games coming to Switch Online same goes for N64.

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Even if this is what Nate Drake was talking about, that doesn’t mean tomorrow, Wednesday or Thursday are moot because no one has heard anything. No one heard about the Paper Mario TOK, Pikmin 3 Deluxe or Age of Calamity shadowdrops in advance.
It’s only the beginning of the week guys. Just because one thing turned out to be less-exciting(it was a nice update though)than we expected, doesn’t mean we should suddenly call this week off for good. Not yet.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Even if this is what Nate Drake was talking about, that doesn’t mean tomorrow, Wednesday or Thursday are moot because no one has heard anything. No one heard about the Paper Mario TOK, Pikmin 3 Deluxe or Age of Calamity shadowdrops in advance.
It’s only the beginning of the week guys. Just because one thing turned out to be less-exciting(it was a nice update though)than we expected, doesn’t mean we should suddenly call this week off for good. Not yet.
That is what I was saying...

Wait, we were speculating something would happen this week or next week before the VGAs in the past week, all before Nate Drake hinted this update today. Are we really going to call it quits because of one guy we weren't even talking about before today?
Are we really going to let Nate make us call it quits for this week? Just because of something not talked about the week before? I mean, Nintendo has silenced leaks for the most part, right?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
To tell you the truth guys, I'm getting tired of playing the speculation game. I'm tired of the long ass droughts, I'm tired of Nintendo not saying a word about barely anything, and I'm tired of there being no real news in general for us to speculate about. I honestly don't care if Geno is next or not, I'm going to take my half year vacation from speculation as soon as the next fighter is announced because I'm really losing my patience with Nintendo.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To tell you the truth guys, I'm getting tired of playing the speculation game. I'm tired of the long ass droughts, I'm tired of Nintendo not saying a word about barely anything, and I'm tired of there being no real news in general fir us to speculate about. I honestly don't care if Geno is next or not, I'm going to take my half year vacation from speculation as soon as the next fighter is announced because I'm really losing my patience with Nintendo.
I know how you feel. These droughts are unnecessary as heck.

At least I am strong to continue through.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know how you feel. These droughts are unnecessary as heck.

At least I am strong to continue through.
I mean, it's fun and all to speculate here with everyone on certain topics and such. But when there's nothing new coming from Nintendo to actually speculate about, the conversation seems to be a lot more limited and redundant. It's getting old and it get's boring around here fast

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, it's fun and all to speculate here with everyone on certain topics and such. But when there's nothing new coming from Nintendo to actually speculate about, the conversation seems to be a lot more limited and redundant. It's getting old and it get's boring around here fast
You do what you do, but who knows, maybe it will end soon.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You do what you do, but who knows, maybe it will end soon.
As long as COVID is around, nothing bad will end soon. Nintendo really needs to get their act together and start showing the audience what they got because other developers have been busy showing their things while this has been going on.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As long as COVID is around, nothing bad will end soon. Nintendo really needs to get their act together and start showing the audience what they got because other developers have been busy showing their things while this has been going on.
Stay positive. Maybe something good will come up. Maybe you will see it sometime.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Gonna add to the growing melancholy around here and say that I'm getting pretty tired of this cycle we seem to keep finding ourselves in

• Character gets announced, everyone is hyped
  • Character continues to get hyped by the community, sometimes considered OP for a few weeks after launch
  • Character gets considered a bad addition by a loud minority
  • Repeat for the next character

I've seen it happen with basically every DLC character so far, even :ultbanjokazooie: sometimes. It's tiring. Can't wait for when Geno falls into this cycle when he's announced.

Convinced some Smash fans don't even like Smash honestly.

PK Duststorm

Smash Apprentice
After seeing the NSO portal myself, I retract my earlier statement. This definitely is all the x.0.0 update was for the apps. Back to hyrule warriors it is.

Also hey whoever posted that /v/ leak with the kill date of tomorrow did you see further down when someone joked about a kid icarus dlc pack for hades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom