• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

Second Year anniversary event.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

So much for no event as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

Well I guess that makes sense. It was announced earlier than usual too.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

So no new Mario fighter before the tournament? 😔
Well I guess that makes sense. It was announced earlier than usual too.
Daylight Savings is a thing, y'know.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Quick, search EVERYTHING in this picture and spin in into a way that is SOMEHOW is in favor a short redhead who likes to mess with blocks with funny faces on them! Then make a videos about it for weeks even though it doesn't make sense, but then act as if Geno is most likely a Deluxe Mii Costume.

QQS

Smash Lord
Assuming that we really are building up to a Mario character as the next DLC fighter, who do we have as likely candidates besides Geno and Waluigi? By likely, I mean those who appear to have 'evidence' building up in their favor - and assuming that we don't just get blindsided by Tatanga, or something.
I think the only Mario character that would make sense after Geno or Waluigi, is King Boo or Toad. After those, I don’t know, maybe a Koopa Troopa. But I guess they are going with Geno & Waluigi. One as part of FP2; and one as Bonus or FP3.

Rest of FP2 I’m between Hayabusa, Crash, Lloyd, Doom, Rayman.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No new spirits yet again and it's not a tournament so I'll take it. Like I said, this doesn't confirm or deconfirm something this week so now it's just seeing what the next two days bring.
Wait, are you saying spirit events that were not new have happened before announcements were made?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Could we still get something within the rest of the week, honestly?
Possibly. No event would have been a borderline absolute sign something was happening later in the week but an event happening doesn't mean that something won't happen either. Byleth, Min Min, and Steve all had unrelated Tuesday events before their reveals so the only bad thing about this outcome is that we're out a really reliable predictor.

D

Deleted member

I hate to be that guy, but I think we may be waiting till January for a Smash reveal.
Yeah, recently we wait like 2 1/2 to 3 months for reveals. Steve was revealed 2 months ago. It may be a bit too early for a reveal in early December. Early January is a much safer bet to me.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I hate to be that guy, but I think we may be waiting till January for a Smash reveal.
Aw man, I wanted to be "that guy"! Now I just have to be my general "bipolarly flipping between pessimist and optimist on a daily basis" self.

But yeah, really thinking about it I don't think we are getting a Game Awards reveal. 2 Reasons.
  • 1. Every reveal since Byleth has been through the form of a Sakurai Presents and released soon after. While I get the feeling Byleth was done this way due to just having no where else to show it/being moved from December has Imran claimed, it's obvious they've stuck with it because Nintendo is being really conservative with reveals in general lately. They don't want to show anything until they are absolutely sure it's ready.
  • 2. Is 8 going to be a "Game Awards level" reveal? Coming off of the heels of Steve, Mr.Best Selling Video Game of all time, I have to wonder if 8 is going to be someone more niche. Obviously we're still stuck with the endlessly frustrating conundrum of whether 8 was going to at be E3, but regardless I don't know if they'll be a showstopper. Think about it this way, could you see them revealing Geno at the Game Awards? Probably not.
Not to mention the longer we go the more a January presentation becomes increasingly likely. All the stuff that made something for late November seem likely like Doom Eternal Switch, the massive amount of maintenance, have all fizzled out by this point. I really think if there was something major over the next few weeks people would be in the know, I mean Nate was just teasing a system update for several days before it happened, Nintendo's "crackdown" on leaks probably won't be stopping much from coming out, it's clear the information drought is more from nothing actually happening than anything else.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Aw man, I wanted to be "that guy"! Now I just have to be my general "bipolarly flipping between pessimist and optimist on a daily basis" self.

But yeah, really thinking about it I don't think we are getting a Game Awards reveal. 2 Reasons.
  • 1. Every reveal since Byleth has been through the form of a Sakurai Presents and released soon after. While I get the feeling Byleth was done this way due to just having no where else to show it/being moved from December has Imran claimed, it's obvious they've stuck with it because Nintendo is being really conservative with reveals in general lately. They don't want to show anything until they are absolutely sure it's ready.
  • 2. Is 8 going to be a "Game Awards level" reveal? Coming off of the heels of Steve, Mr.Best Selling Video Game of all time, I have to wonder if 8 is going to be someone more niche. Obviously we're still stuck with the endlessly frustrating conundrum of whether 8 was going to at E3, but regardless I don't know if they'll be a showstopper. Think about it this way, could you see them revealing Geno at the Game Awards? Probably not.
Not to mention the longer we go the more a January presentation becomes increasingly likely. All the stuff that made something for late November seem likely like Doom Eternal Switch, the massive amount of maintenance, have all fizzled out by this point. I really think if there was something major over the next few weeks people would be in the know, I mean Nate was just teasing a system update for several days before it happened, Nintendo's "crackdown" on leaks probably won't be stopping much from coming out, it's clear the information drought is more from nothing actually happening than anything else.
Considering what I and Fatman said, your butt has been saved for not being "that guy".

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I still have faith in a December reveal...
Otherwise, as long as Geno is in, I can wait until March quietly. Which is indeed in.

Don’t lose your mind, Geno is around the corner!

Now, my favorite sequence and best memories of my beloved 7 years-8 years kid scene:

View attachment 293523
Artist Here

All credit to the artist!

and...

GENO SHINES AMONG THE STARS!
That Bowyer face is my spirit animal
F48FCFEF-12D6-4CBD-91EC-5FCD8935A5B9~2.jpeg

MattX20

Smash Hero
So far, both of our reveals for this year have been revealed after Smash Challenge Cups were concluded. I don't think we should rule out next week especially for Smash DLC. If Cloud could be released on the 15th of December in 2015, I don't think we should entirely count it out

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Had yet another bad case of morbid curiosity so I decided to look into the history of major firmware updates with the Switch and these were my findings:

Firmware 3.0 - week after E3 2017

Firmware 4.0 - week before Pocket Camp Direct

Firmware 5.0 - half week after Spring 2018 Direct

Firmware 6.0 - half week after Fall 2018 Direct

Firmware 7.0- two weeks before Spring 2019 Direct

Firmware 8.0- day before Joker release

Firmware 9.0 - half week after Fall 2019 Direct

Firmware 10.0- three weeks after March Mini 2020 (half week before Min Min's Amiibo wave original release)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Had yet another bad case of morbid curiosity so I decided to look into the history of major firmware updates with the Switch and these were my findings:

Firmware 3.0 - week after E3 2017

Firmware 4.0 - week before Pocket Camp Direct

Firmware 5.0 - half week after Spring 2018 Direct

Firmware 6.0 - half week after Fall 2018 Direct

Firmware 7.0- two weeks before Spring 2019 Direct

Firmware 8.0- day before Joker release

Firmware 9.0 - half week after Fall 2019 Direct

Firmware 10.0- three weeks after March Mini 2020 (half week before Min Min's Amiibo wave original release)
So, what does this all point to?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, what does this all point to?
Except for 10.0 (which theoretically was around Min Min's original planned release), all the major firmware updates have been in close proximity to presentations of some kind. Correlation =/= causation but I wanted to see how strong the correlation was and it turns out "very."

MattX20

Smash Hero
Except for 10.0 (which theoretically was around Min Min's original planned release), all the major firmware updates have been in close proximity to presentations of some kind. Correlation =/= causation but I wanted to see how strong the correlation was and it turns out "very."
and the recent updates we've had throughout November potentially point to something akin to this is what you're saying?

QQS

Smash Lord
That’s a nice observation! What a better way to conclude the year with a Fan Favorite character like Banjo-Kazooie, matching the Mario tournament and fulfilling a 2 decades request with a ton of money for them + big happiness and tears of joy for us. Half Pass done and they can organize the remaining 3 for 2021!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
and the recent updates we've had throughout November potentially point to something akin to this is what you're saying?
On a very basic level it suggests "something" before Christmas. Two weeks ago was the big E-shop maintenance dump and those were most similar to the ones that we got back in March so that's also why I've been wary. The ones in March:

The one in mid November:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom