• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I'll lose my mind when I see his reveal. This Microsoft deal isn't tipping me over that fence yet. I'm still in the Geno for FP7 camp but I have too many scars to start freaking out yet.

How much theorycrafting have we gotten wrong in the past few months?

A lot.

Mostly dates, yes, but theorycrafting is still theorycrafting.

Cacomallow remains the biggest ++ to my hope along with the lack of the mii costume from Sm4sh, but I'm not popping the champagne for this Microsoft deal's relevance just yet. I agree it could add weight.

Just because you hear footsteps on the roof doesn't mean it was Santa who gave you that N64 that's wrapped up under the Christmas tree. You still might get that N64 though!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Next week.

I imagine they're gonna want to get Pokemon out of the way first.
Well that depends on when it’s releasing.

If you recall, an update video for the Isle of Armor released in early June a few weeks before it dropped. I imagine a trailer for the Crown Tundra will release in the same manner, during the month the actual update releases itself.

Sure it could come out this month, but I’m thinking October/November.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Isn’t there a holiday in Japan tomorrow?
Tomorrow night alongside the event announcement, it's not unprecedented. Terry's presentation was announced that way and Hero's was announced 6:00PM on a Sunday. Or they could just announce it Wednesday morning, could be either really.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well that depends on when it’s releasing.

If you recall, an update video for the Isle of Armor released in early June a few weeks before it dropped. I imagine a trailer for the Crown Tundra will release in the same manner, during the month the actual update releases itself.

Sure it could come out this month, but I’m thinking October/November.
Knowing how November tends to be the most common month for Pokemon game releases, it wouldn't be illogical to guess that's when it will drop

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
CannonStreak CannonStreak Man, you're literally my worst enemy. Every night I lay in bed, dreading to myself that I'll wake up in the middle of the night with you standing over me, furiously hamboning shirtless and screaming "WHERE'S DRAGON BORN, FATMAN?!?"

But seriously, you often disagree with me without making it personal or weirdly heated so thanks for that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
CannonStreak CannonStreak Man, you're literally my worst enemy. Every night I lay in bed, dreading to myself that I'll wake up in the middle of the night with you standing over me, furiously hamboning shirtless and screaming "WHERE'S DRAGON BORN, FATMAN?!?"

But seriously, you often disagree with me without making it personal or weirdly heated so thanks for that.
No problem. Anytime. I wish those outside this thread would do the same.

QQS

Smash Lord
C8FDB388-6DA6-4AAA-8500-E850A7FDCD62.jpeg

Guys and girls, I still have the Geno doll kidnapped. I will release him so ♥♪!? can do what it knows.

Well 7, 10 or even 15 days more, I don’t care. Been busy with work and 100% sure Geno is joining as a fighter somehow, somewhere in in FP2. I hope as #77. But he is in.

Good reveal here. A silhouette of a mistery blue caped doll in trouble against Bowyer (which is visible) and then Mario aids that shadow which ends as Geno crossing arms like his pose and the Splash Screen followed by an epic remix of Forest Maze in gameplay, where bowyer disable buttons on battle, battling on the tree, and with arrows falling from the sky. Mallow in his Final Smash and a costume. But of course our guy has so many good CGI ideas, like the 64 toys or something with the Army of Puppets or Rosalina/Kirby world.

Have a nice week people <3

437C47DA-1050-4045-80FE-C3F38287181F.gif

EF91628B-2199-4F5D-B11C-978C654A93CA.jpeg

GENO ALIGNS INTO BATTLE!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Alright, in regards to the Microsoft/Bethesda stuff, one thing I think we can all agree on is that Microsoft was already arguably one of Nintendo's most powerful allies and just got ridiculously stronger, teaming up with a company, Bethesda, that Nintendo was already on really good terms with. You can disregard my Cacomallow speculation but I feel this is a huge boon for potential Microsoft rep either way.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The current release date scheduled for Crown Tundra is November 30th (some will argue it's a placeholder date, but a lot of Pokemon titles are released in November or late November), so I don't think we should expect any updates on Crown Tundra this month or in October. Smash DLC though is still fair game

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
The current release date scheduled for Crown Tundra is November 30th (some will argue it's a placeholder date, but a lot of Pokemon titles are released in November or late November), so I don't think we should expect any updates on Crown Tundra this month or in October. Smash DLC though is still fair game
Although Pokemon usually releases late it's usually more in the 10s-20s. Mostly it's been 17th so 30th is probably a placeholder. I dunno how likely it would be to release Nov 17th when Age Of Calamity would be 3 days away IIRC. Pokemon isn't releasing this month though that's for sure although I honestly shouldn't even say that since it's obvious so it wouldn't affect Smash at least for early October since Pokemons fair game for everything starting from Mid. Maybe Early November too now that I recall

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just wondering; why are the insiders at ResetERA so quiet at this time, other than possibly not knowing anything?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Although Pokemon usually releases late it's usually more in the 10s-20s. Mostly it's been 17th so 30th is probably a placeholder. I dunno how likely it would be to release Nov 17th when Age Of Calamity would be 3 days away IIRC. Pokemon isn't releasing this month though that's for sure although I honestly shouldn't even say that since it's obvious so it wouldn't affect Smash at least for early October since Pokemons fair game for everything starting from Mid. Maybe Early November too now that I recall
Again, major Pokemon titles are pretty much almost always released in November as a deliberate strategy to be close to the holiday season, so an October release is VERY unlikely. Plus, it's DLC compared to a full new game like Clams: the Force Awakens, so it's not going to cannibalize sales much if at all.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ok, my bad with Pokemon DLC with the Frozen Tundra. I meant for that news coming soon in maybe somwhere in October or November to give us of what's coming. I didn't meant this or next week.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 286367
Guys and girls, I still have the Geno doll kidnapped. I will release him so ♥♪!? can do what it knows.

Well 7, 10 or even 15 days more, I don’t care. Been busy with work and 100% sure Geno is joining as a fighter somehow, somewhere in in FP2. I hope as #77. But he is in.

Good reveal here. A silhouette of a mistery blue caped doll in trouble against Bowyer (which is visible) and then Mario aids that shadow which ends as Geno crossing arms like his pose and the Splash Screen followed by an epic remix of Forest Maze in gameplay, where bowyer disable buttons on battle, battling on the tree, and with arrows falling from the sky. Mallow in his Final Smash and a costume. But of course our guy has so many good CGI ideas, like the 64 toys or something with the Army of Puppets or Rosalina/Kirby world.

Have a nice week people <3

View attachment 286368
View attachment 286369

GENO ALIGNS INTO BATTLE!
That's a great plush, where can I get one? <3

Firox

Smash Master
So, I stumbled across this interesting little tidbit:

I find it highly suspicious given the fact that Suda51 was previously adamant (during FP1) that Travis wasn't coming to smash despite him and Sakurai being good friends. Now that people are asking him point blank about FP2, he says "No comment". I mean, it could be a whole lot of nothing but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So, I stumbled across this interesting little tidbit:

I find it highly suspicious given the fact that Suda51 was previously adamant (during FP1) that Travis wasn't coming to smash despite him and Sakurai being good friends. Now that people are asking him point blank about FP2, he says "No comment". I mean, it could be a whole lot of nothing but I figured it was worth mentioning.
Given how adamant Suda has been before this that Travis wasn’t going to be in the game, and the fact that Sakurai announced that the entire FP2 was finalized and decided awhile ago and Suda was still making confident statements of denial before this past week, I don’t think Travis is going to be a playable fighter in FP2.

I do think it’s far more likely that we get a Travis Mii Costume and/or a NMH Spirit event though, thereby technically putting him in the game and Suda now being under NDA to be tight-lipped about it. We can roughly date this as having happened between this statement and the last time he clearly denied it (which I do not know, but figure is sometime this year?), so my guess is that regardless, whatever NMH representation we’d get in Smash is show up for 11 or 12 (or anytime, if a spirit event).

volbound1700

Smash Master
Alright, in regards to the Microsoft/Bethesda stuff, one thing I think we can all agree on is that Microsoft was already arguably one of Nintendo's most powerful allies and just got ridiculously stronger, teaming up with a company, Bethesda, that Nintendo was already on really good terms with. You can disregard my Cacomallow speculation but I feel this is a huge boon for potential Microsoft rep either way.
I think that Sakurai will still see Bethesda as a separate company/franchises in his character perspective from Microsoft. I don't think Microsoft is really going to jump into any discussions between Bethesda and Nintendo regarding Smash representatives (if they even exist).

Still, I think the issue with Bethesda/Microsoft is that they are Western IP. We might get 1 Western IP in this pass but I am not expecting much. If the series isn't big in Japan or iconic to Nintendo, I don't really see it happening :(.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Again, major Pokemon titles are pretty much almost always released in November as a deliberate strategy to be close to the holiday season, so an October release is VERY unlikely. Plus, it's DLC compared to a full new game like Clams: the Force Awakens, so it's not going to cannibalize sales much if at all.
Don't really see what Clams: the force awakens has to do with much aside from being a new game but ok. The reason I say is because like you said it's DLC. I am working under the assumption that it's practically able to be released and under that assumption there isn't any reason to believe that they would hold it off for a month after if it's done like you are implying. If they were that pointless then they may as well held off the Isle of Armour DLC and released that in November instead. Yes they could release it closer to the holiday season but if it's done now then they could just release it and just really cap up the marketing by capitalising on the Holidays. It's kind of off topic so better to continue elsewhere I suppose anyway

It doesn't affect Smash since an early October release or reveal at least was kind of the consensus anyway

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo buys Square Enix

the world implodes

But Geno (and Cloud, and Hero) are now 1st-party, so everything is okay because they can now become mainstay Smash fighters + the representation can hopefully increase between fighters, stages, songs and spirits (or whatever equivalent in future games)
square enix alone has enough ip for a new smash game+dlc

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well? Where is he?

xD
Ask yer mum.

But, yeah...

Evidence of Bethesda content besides Cacodemon + strong evidence that 5 was a medieval RPG swordsman + strong evidence that 5 involved a company not yet represented by a character in Smash Ultimate + strong evidence of at least two more Western characters after Banjo = my Dragonborn prediction, the abridged version. Basically I was going in the right direction but it was ultimately a swing and a miss.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
So you guys still think 77 is Geno? I dunno, I have no idea who to expect after the Byleth fiasco ruined everyone's predicitions.
My honest opinion? I'm betting Geno will be either fighter #7 or 8. Every fighter after that that isn't Geno will have me exponentially more worried, especially since the last pick is almost always a bust. If he doesn't end up as fighter #10 at the latest, there's a 99% chance we're boned.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Pushdustin said "sit back down" in the Terry days and we ended up getting Terry earlier than expected. 7/11 ads are good news every time and Push is such a hype killer he probably is going to build a time machine and go back in time to invent graham crackers.

Keep hype.
I said it before and I'll say it again: Push put a lot of stock into the 7/11 ads even after Terry had proven that you don't necessarily need it to have a release. Yet, back during Terry's pre-release, the fact that we hadn't gotten a 7/11 for early November implied we were gonna have to wait even longer, which made it a pessimistic prediction. Now that Min Min's ad appearing could imply something optimistic in the fact that we may be getting FP7 within a week or 2, he's done a complete 180 on the 7/11 ad and now it means nothing because it doesn't imply anything pessimistic.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So you guys still think 77 is Geno? I dunno, I have no idea who to expect after the Byleth fiasco ruined everyone's predicitions.
Yes? I don't really think anything has changed.

The whole Byleth fiasco was a result of 2+ months of "deconfirmations" stifling discussion and turning speculation into the worst game of "Guess Who?" imaginable, not to mention I genuinely think people (myself included) wrote off a Three Houses rep out of sheer disdain for the idea despite nothing going against it and honestly having a decent bit of points to back it at the time. Not saying it was obvious, I'm saying people were so against the idea they refused to consider it as a possibility outright.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom