• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Ok, this OMEGA HUGE. When I knew that Microsoft literally bought Bethesda I got crazy but knowing that it's huge for a potential Geno and Master Chief reveal, with the last one bringing Cacomallow, wow. We are near to the end of the road. Btw Polarthief Polarthief it is time for update the list
PD: We are the Star Road Comrades

Firox

Smash Master
Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
In need of Microsoft characters as Mii Costumes to come with Master Chief as FP8, a double reveal along with Geno as FP7? BadaDOOM, Cacodemon is now a Microsoft character.

Cacomallow stock on the rise, buy it while it’s hot!

EDIT: Actually, this makes me wonder now if Vault Boy was originally intended to release with Chief (making him FP7 and the July release), and when Min Min got delayed and the timetable pushed back, Vault Boy still came out, but with Min Min instead.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
To be totally honest, I do think Star Road Crusaders just has a better ring to it. The Jojo references just make it even better.

Also, has anyone else seen this?

A Nintendo advertisement seems to be hinting at Oct 3rd being the target reveal date.
We have, and most likely, the reveal will occur on the last week of September and the release will be early October at the latest. October the 3rd is a Saturday by the way

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
There was also Pushdustin thinking that the second and third week of October is when we might see Smash, so we'll have to wait and see.
Pushdustin isn't always right when it comes to dates. People keep forgetting Sword and Shield and New Horizons had substantial updates in both DLC and free updates over the past few months, while Smash has been barebone by comparison. Also, Nintendo owns Pokemon and AC lock stock and barrel, but the third parties involved for the second Fighter Pass they do not. The third parties are going to get more impatient the longer this goes on, even if the deadline is December of next year. The people who were buying the Sword and Shield DLC likely already made up their minds by this point, but there are still many on the fence for the second Fighter Pass

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Some people will call me into question on this subject, but I think it's more likely now that Nintendo might have bought the SMRPG IP.

Does this mean that Microsoft technically doesn’t own Bethesda right now but will, since the buyout deal will take time to complete?
Pretty much.

Last edited:

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think this means anything in regards to Cacomallow / Master Chief. For one, the deal won’t even be closed until next year, so Doom won’t technically be a Microsoft property for a while.

Also I don’t feel like there’s a guarantee Nintendo would have known or had to have known the buyout was happening - Sony clearly didn’t. Deathloop is still getting timed exclusivity on PS5, which (I believe) Microsoft is still honoring. Sony was also apparently in talks to get timed exclusivity for Starfield. They were playing checkers while Microsoft was playing chess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some people will call me into question on this subject, but I think it's more likely now that Nintendo might have bought the SMRPG IP.

Pretty much.
I’m just not sure if Nintendo would actually know about the buyout especially if things weren’t even finalized that it could of gone either way of the talks. I mean idk, the timing is questionable to me. We don’t even know when the talks started and how long this panned out especially finalizing talks. Also, the deal has not closed out yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So today has been confusing

On the one hand, Jon Gamexplain is otterposting again and Dark Cloud got banned on RE which means something should be happening very soon

But on the other hand, Kelios randomly brought up that magic date: October 8th. The date HotGirl threw out first like a week ago

What to think...

MattX20

Smash Hero

On the one hand, Jon Gamexplain is otterposting again and Dark Cloud got banned on RE which means something should be happening very soon

But on the other hand, Kelios randomly brought up that magic date: October 8th. The date HotGirl threw out first like a week ago

What to think...
My guess? October the 8th is the release date for FP7 at the absolute latest.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace

What to think...
Well either way, at most we just have about two weeks until we finally see something.

T2by4

Smash Lord

What to think...
DeepFryer_20200921_093226.jpg

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

What to think...
What's the significance of Dark Cloud getting banned on RE?

D

Deleted member

I'm just wondering why not consider the idea that maybe, just maybe, something is happening on October 8 that isn't related to Smash.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don’t think this means anything in regards to Cacomallow / Master Chief. For one, the deal won’t even be closed until next year, so Doom won’t technically be a Microsoft property for a while.

Also I don’t feel like there’s a guarantee Nintendo would have known or had to have known the buyout was happening - Sony clearly didn’t. Deathloop is still getting timed exclusivity on PS5, which (I believe) Microsoft is still honoring. Sony was also apparently in talks to get timed exclusivity for Starfield. They were playing checkers, Microsoft was playing chess.
Mergers can take years to totally pan out and the recent Disney/20th Century Fox merger was basically a year and a half process to being official:

Talks started in late 2017 and it wasn't made official until mid 2019. Even still, all the particulars are still being hammered out to this day and this Microsoft/Bethesda situation is very likely a very similar situation, with talks probably first happening in private in 2019 or even 2018.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
One last thing that should be mentioned about the last two fighters that shouldn't be ignored: you guys noticed how the time it took from reveal to release for the last two fighters got smaller and not consistent? With Byleth, it took 2 weeks for the release, but with MinMin, she was released a week later. Who's to say that FP7 couldn't be released in a day or two after the reveal?

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Mergers can take years to totally pan out and the recent Disney/20th Century Fox merger was basically a year and a half process to being official:

Talks started in late 2017 and it wasn't made official until mid 2019. Even still, all the particulars are still being hammered out to this day and this Microsoft/Bethesda situation is very likely a very similar situation, with talks probably first happening in private in 2019 or even 2018.
I’m aware things like this take time, but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s no guarantee Nintendo would even know about it. Sony didn’t. Not to mention Vault Boy came and went without any attachments to Microsoft, and the only actual Microsoft content we’ve gotten is Banjo. If they did indeed know that these were soon-to-be Microsoft properties, even going so far as to release them with a Microsoft pack, why release Vault Boy on his own with a Nintendo character, and why have zero Microsoft or Bethesda Mii costumes with Banjo?

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Can someone explain why the Bethesda acquisition increases the chances of Cacomallow being real? The two things seem pretty unrelated to me.
You're right, It doesn't relate at all. Microsoft getting Bethesda is happening now, not back when that picture came out, lol. It has no relation whatsoever :p It's gotta be a meme people are making, because I can't seriously believe there are some who would legit believe this means anything at all, but then again I have seen people believe some crazy super reaching theories before… no offense to anyone lol

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
You're right, It doesn't relate at all. Microsoft getting Bethesda is happening now, not back when that picture came out, lol. It has no relation whatsoever :p It's gotta be a meme people are making, because I can't seriously believe there are some who would legit believe this means anything at all, but then again I have seen people believe some crazy super reaching theories before… no offense to anyone lol
This. It just doesn't make sense why we're jumping to conclusions so quickly.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Microsoft needs to be stopped honestly. They're a little unlike Disney buying everything in that. They specifically are buying up hit indie companies and major ones like Bethesda which could seriously cause a monoply in the industry.

I mean it means very little for Nintendo since they're buddy buddy, but Sony's probably pissed at all the major third party franchises they've lost today because of this.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
So... Chief's chances of being 8 and Cacomallow being real just skyrocketed. Geno's chances for 7 were already at a boiling point but this is pure insanity for this to suddenly drop out of nowhere.
This will not age well...

Yes we are most likely get Geno. But you are waaaay too confident in Master Chief. Chill please.

Also can you stop calling yourself a theorycrafter please? The moment you said you have sources you are not a theorycrafter anymore. You are a leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom