• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...apart from the Super Mario RPG remake/sequel that's in the works alongside Geno as Smash DLC, are there any other games you hope to see revealed or released? I'm hoping for Doom Eternal and the game Maneater to get their release dates soon
I’d like to see a new Mario strikers or Mario golf, along with a Waluigi smash DLC but I’d be happy with just one of the games on their own too.

I’d love to see a new Mario Kart, again along with a Waluigi smash DLC but let’s be real here Nintendo is not making a new mainline Mario Kart anytime soon given the existence of Mario kart tour and Mario kart home circuit, as well as the fact that MK8 still sells like hotcakes. I can dream though, right?

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
So I know all is quiet in the Mushroom Kingdom right now, but I just absolutely love this video.

The part where it shows all our wishes makes me tear up every time, and it reminds me that we may not be the biggest community ever, but hot damn if we aren't a loyal and dedicated one!

It may sound weird coming from me and overall sappy, but I love this community so much.

God, I can't wait for Geno to be .
Well said. And it’s not sappy. It’s what we all want. And we deserve it for our passion.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Enjoy some enemy/Smithy Gang concept art everybody (including Belome & Punchinello in the top left corner):

I would love it if they released a SMRPG scrap book with drawings and concept art in it. Maybe release it with the remake for Switch if it happens.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Don’t know if this has been discussed before, but if Geno gets in, what weight class do you think he could be classified as? A lightweight, middleweight or heavy? I personally could see him as heavyweight, being a small yet agile character, with an air speed similar to Jigglypuff or Wario, but that’s just me.
It's my birthday, today.
View attachment 286149
...I'm waiting, Sakurai. :geno:
Happy Birthday, and nice picture! Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Don’t know if this has been discussed before, but if Geno gets in, what weight class do you think he could be classified as? A lightweight, middleweight or heavy? I personally could see him as heavyweight, being a small yet agile character, with an air speed similar to Jigglypuff or Wario, but that’s just me.

Happy Birthday, and nice picture! Hope you enjoy it!
Midweight would make the most sense.

Noipoi

Howdy!
He seems like he’d be a lightweight to me. Not as light as Pichu or G&W but definitely on the lighter side of fighters. Maybe a lighter middleweight.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Just got home a little while ago. Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday - it's been pretty nice, so far. I'm still pretty sure we're gonna get Geno this year - hopefully before Christmas, but I'd be fine with an end of the year reveal, too.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Happy birthday, Griselda Griselda !

To our new Geno bro, Colors Colors , is it?...I would like to show them these lyrics I kinda made to welcome them.

Welllll listen here
While I make it clear
I can't believe you can't see
What we see here!

A wooden puppet
The superior brawler
You do not need
To grow much taller

Looking at your guns
You could chase haters on the run

'Cause you're one of us
One of us
You wooden mean bean machine
Can't you see you're one of us
We'll win the bet
My bro puppet
All in all
Together, we're set!

Well, if what you say is true
Then I guess we're from the same color
With a similar view
With weapons and some wooden skin
It's no question we're in this together
It's no sin

'Cause I'm one of you
One of you
The same crew, nothing I can do
I can see I'm one of you
One of you, one of you, the same crew
I'm really one of you!

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Just got home a little while ago. Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday - it's been pretty nice, so far. I'm still pretty sure we're gonna get Geno this year - hopefully before Christmas, but I'd be fine with an end of the year reveal, too.
Hopefully i'm not late into this but happy birthday lad, you deserve it :121:

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Happy birthday to Griselda Griselda !

Ok, this is pretty spicy! Suda tends to be open to whenever Travis isn’t in Smash, so as long as this is legit this is insanely good for his chances! I’d personally expect Travis to be more near the end of the Pass, but that’s just me. And despite never playing a No More Heroes game I think he’d be a pretty cool inclusion!

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Ok this great, Suda 51 said in the past in a Podcast that Travis wasn't coming so this is big for he. Geno, Lloyd, Rayman, Dante and Travis are my FP2 predictions.
Super10ZX Super10ZX as you say If he is happening he will be late in the Pass because I think a lot of his moveset is gonna be based in NMH3

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Happy birthday Griselda Griselda !

On the topic of Geno's weight class, he's possessing a child's toy. How heavy can a doll be? Surely Geno's true form added some weight because Geno became life-sized, but still, how heavy can a small star spirit and a doll be when combined? I'd say lightweight. Not too light, but not close to mid-weight either.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Geno's kinda lightweight even in SMRPG, isn't he? He's fast but can't take a hit very well. This, compared to, say, Bowser. In Smash, though, I kinda picture him controlling either like Mario or Young Link. I don't think he'd be too floaty.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Geno is a light weight in SMRPG. Crazy fast, can't take a hit. So Smash would be a quick zoner but easy to knock back.

Colors

Smash Rookie
Happy birthday, Griselda Griselda !

To our new Geno bro, Colors Colors , is it?...I would like to show them these lyrics I kinda made to welcome them.

Welllll listen here
While I make it clear
I can't believe you can't see
What we see here!

A wooden puppet
The superior brawler
You do not need
To grow much taller

Looking at your guns
You could chase haters on the run

'Cause you're one of us
One of us
You wooden mean bean machine
Can't you see you're one of us
We'll win the bet
My bro puppet
All in all
Together, we're set!

Well, if what you say is true
Then I guess we're from the same color
With a similar view
With weapons and some wooden skin
It's no question we're in this together
It's no sin

'Cause I'm one of you
One of you
The same crew, nothing I can do
I can see I'm one of you
One of you, one of you, the same crew
I'm really one of you!
CannonStreak CannonStreak Well color me surprised! Hello! Thank you for sharing your lyrics! It was a lot of fun to read through, and I definitely appreciate the thought. Thank you again for sharing your creative piece! Your warm feelings are reciprocated.

Griselda Griselda , I'm not entirely sure if it's the right day anymore, but happy birthday! Hope you had a pleasant day.

That's all, folks! Unfortunately, there's not much in the way of juicy gossip to read about. The "Travis for Smash" no comment thing was interesting in regards to their inclusion, however, they're very much a Terry-tier character for me. A Terry-tier character is a fighter I have absolutely zero interest in and haven't even bothered playing as. The other DLC characters piqued my interest in one way or another, I've even considered making Min Min my main! I won't allow this derail into a, "aaaaaa I hate Terry!" post because I truly don't! I understand he was a very popular pick for a niche gamer type, and even for certain parts of the world. In a way, it feels like the first Fighter Pack was in all actuality, a Global Pack with Universal Appeal, catering to a diverse cast of people. I'm truly glad that different parts of the world (and different eras of gamers) are being represented through Smash. So although I sleep on the idea of Travis' inclusion, I dream happily knowing another group of people are satisfied with his inclusion.

Unfortunately, I don't have much to say of any real substance tonight (or do I ever?). I've been really busy working on art projects, andI allow myself to get lost in them because I love returning to this thread at auspicious moments for juicy, long-winded speculation & discussion and run-on sentences.

Something I did think of that I thought would be rather amusing is, what would your reaction be if the next DLC Smash Character's reveal trailer was truly centered around SMRPG, but the revealed character didn't turn out to be Geno! What if it was Mallow? What if it was Smithy? Some other rando? What would you do? Would you feel satisfied? Would you get a good laugh out of it? If Mallow were revealed, I'd probably laugh while also feeling incredulous.

Anyway, that's all I got tonight! I hope you're all having a nice weekend.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmm...apart from the Super Mario RPG remake/sequel that's in the works alongside Geno as Smash DLC, are there any other games you hope to see revealed or released? I'm hoping for Doom Eternal and the game Maneater to get their release dates soon
Any of the dead franchise revivals at this point. That latest investors meeting gives me a lot of hope that most, if not all, the rumors are true. As a recap:

The Ones that have gone public:

-Wario Land
-F-Zero
-Advance/Nintendo Wars
-Donkey Kong Country
-Golden Sun (Formally Dead franchise #2 on my own list)
-Mario Strikers (?)

The Ones being kept under wraps:

-Dead franchise #1 (rumors originated last August)

-Dead franchise #2 (rumors originated last October)

-Dead franchise #3 (rumors originated this past August)

Add the rumored 3 NES Classic/indie collabs and you have a whopping 12 that could be revealed whenever Nintendo gets off its ass and decides to show some of them.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Any of the dead franchise revivals at this point. That latest investors meeting gives me a lot of hope that most, if not all, the rumors are true. As a recap:

-Wario Land
-F-Zero
-Advance/Nintendo Wars
-Donkey Kong Country
-Mario Strikers (?)

Add the rumored 3 NES Classic/indie collabs and you have a whopping 12 that could be revealed whenever Nintendo gets off its ass and decides to show some of them.
These next few months will probably give at least some of them reveals I bet

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman

-Wario Land
-F-Zero
-Advance/Nintendo Wars
-Donkey Kong Country
-Mario Strikers (?)

If Golden Sun is really coming back, I hope it is in time for Isaac for being in Smash Ultimate, as he is one of the big requests left. Even if Isaac is one of the bonus characters after pass 2. He deserves it.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace

-Wario Land
-F-Zero
-Advance/Nintendo Wars
-Donkey Kong Country
-Mario Strikers (?)

Man I really hope we get a new Advance Wars. I always liked those better than Fire Emblem.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
I'm afraid I have to inform you that Geno was charged with assisting in a robbery. This is why he isn't currently in Super Smash Bros.
View attachment 286217

Geno did some time in the slammer for a bit, but I guess he might have been released now? If he does get into Smash Bros... will you ever forgive him for this stickup of his?
I'm more confused over why there is a ice cream freezer blocking the right door

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm afraid I have to inform you that Geno was charged with assisting in a robbery. This is why he isn't currently in Super Smash Bros.
View attachment 286217

Geno did some time in the slammer for a bit, but I guess he might have been released now? If he does get into Smash Bros... will you ever forgive him for this stickup of his?
You can't see his face. It very well could be one of Belome's Geno clones

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Man I really hope we get a new Advance Wars. I always liked those better than Fire Emblem.
That one is the most interesting of the public ones because the only thing people have potentially heard is a mobile game. This last investors meeting, however, Nintendo basically said that if franchises were getting a boost in merchandise or media (including mobile games), their ultimate purpose was to draw attention to upcoming games on the Switch. This honestly makes a ton of sense because of the major trademark updates that have gone public (Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong Country), they all cover a sprawling number of things, giving hard evidence that, at the very least, Zelda and DK are soon going to be getting the Mario treatment.

D

Deleted member

-Wario Land
-F-Zero
-Advance/Nintendo Wars
-Donkey Kong Country
-Mario Strikers (?)

If Wario Land really comes back, I'd be so happy. I hope the remake of the VB game comes into fruition and hopefully a brand new title somewhere down the line.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
That one is the most interesting of the public ones because the only thing people have potentially heard is a mobile game. This last investors meeting, however, Nintendo basically said that if franchises were getting a boost in merchandise or media (including mobile games), their ultimate purpose was to draw attention to upcoming games on the Switch. This honestly makes a ton of sense because of the major trademark updates that have gone public (Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong Country), they all cover a sprawling number of things, giving hard evidence that, at the very least, Zelda and DK are soon going to be getting the Mario treatment.
it's also possible that they are using the mobile game to see if/how much advance wars can be profitable. mobile games tend to have a higher profit margin than console games. and a mobile game failing is far less damage than a console game failing, especially when those devs could have made a more profitable fire emblem game instead.
as far as gameplay i expect a gatcha game, likely with wifu's (it worked for fire emblem after all), and combat like fire emblem hero's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom