• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So of all people, Nintendo's Distributor of South Africa uploaded a small teaser for Crown Tundra

Which is really weird considering we still know barely anything about it, and the fact that Pokémon's main twitter didn't even acknowledge it as well. It makes me feel like a Pokémon Presents is on the horizon that'll go into Crown Tundra. This week or next maybe.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I guess I'll just say it then.

Information has come out that CaptainZack manipulated Nairo and bribed/blackmailed him after the initial incident, for both money and likely more sexual favors. The initial incident happened while Nairo was unconscious, meaning that if this is 100% true, Nairo couldn't consent. This would mean that not only did Zack **** Nairo, but then blackmailed him into giving him what he wanted, and then framed the situation like it was all on Nairo.

The worst of it is that currently (and by that I mean with the information me have) Samsora actually knew about this in full and did nothing until it seemed possibly beneficial to him, in which time he convinced Zack to both lie and omit truth in his statement, then played the heartbroken friend song and dance. This could be totally wrong, but if it's real...man, Samsora is a real piece of work.

I will say, make your own judgement and opinions, do your research and then come to a conclusion. I already knew that Zack was a scumbag of a person and that this was likely scenario. I never talked about it much here because I know that, generally, when it comes to social media there is an ideology about trusting victims that becomes so strong that people dive in head first and unleash their claws on a potential perpetrator because they swear up and down they know who the victim is and they demand blood and justice.

Should even just the part with Zack be true, let this be a lesson that we need the whole story for all sides before we bring out the lynch mob. This is a very serious problem in the current climate.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll just say it then.

Information has come out that CaptainZack manipulated Nairo and bribed/blackmailed him after the initial incident, for both money and likely more sexual favors. The initial incident happened while Nairo was unconscious, meaning that if this is 100% true, Nairo couldn't consent. This would mean that not only did Zack **** Nairo, but then blackmailed him into giving him what he wanted, and then framed the situation like it was all on Nairo.

The worst of it is that currently (and by that I mean with the information me have) Samsora actually knew about this in full and did nothing until it seemed possibly beneficial to him, in which time he convinced Zack to both lie and omit truth in his statement, then played the heartbroken friend song and dance. This could be totally wrong, but if it's real...man, Samsora is a real piece of work.

I will say, make your own judgement and opinions, do your research and then come to a conclusion. I already knew that Zack was a scumbag of a person and that this was likely scenario. I never talked about it much here because I know that, generally, when it comes to social media there is an ideology about trusting victims that becomes so strong that people dive in head first and unleash their claws on a potential perpetrator because they swear up and down they know who the victim is and they demand blood and justice.

Should even just the part with Zack be true, let this be a lesson that we need the whole story for all sides before we bring out the lynch mob. This is a very serious problem in the current climate.
Ooh...that...

Griselda

Smash Lord
..So, with that Pokemon thing, are we thinking that we'll get Smash news next week? I know it seems like it's constantly 'next week', but at least it's a date to keep in mind. Just speaking for myself, but even if we keep getting nothing on the days we think we're getting something, having a specific day as a 'goal' to reach is better than nothing to go on at all. Even saying 'it could be at the end of each week this month' to me feels better than just saying 'it could be any time at all'.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
What the hell is going on? I come here wondering what's up with Geno speculation today, and just the last few posts alone are about pro Smash player controversies (which while important, shouldn't be in this thread) and some guy spouting incel rhetoric? For the love of god people, take this elsewhere.

So, um, how about that "Geno" fellow, guys? Nintendo at least for now seems to have abandoned general Directs, and we're getting roughly a single announcement per week lately, whether it be partners showcase, Mario 35th, or random Hyrule Warriors announcement. My gut feeling says we'll get the Pokemon news this week, then the long-awaited FP7 announcement next week. Fingers crossed for the puppet boi.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Changing the topic a bit, anyone seen the theories going around of Super Mario Galaxy 2 possibly being hidden within the Super Mario 3D All Stars collection? I've watched like three different videos on YouTube of people discussing it and it all originated from Nintendo Minute's video on their first impressions of the 3D All Stars collection. When the collection intro played, people caught on that the background themed used was one from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Some have argued the possibility that Nintendo slipped on the editing but, something as simple as that? Mmm, I dunno.

The theory got me thinking on the original Super Mario All-Stars game that released on the SNES (now available for free on the SNES NSO Library for NSO subscribers). Although All-Stars didn't have unlockable games, it did have Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels. Originally, this game is the actual Super Mario Bros. 2 (was in Japan, but on the US it was considered too difficult, and those gave the number 2 to the SMB game we know today; the one with Wart as the main antagonist).

In addition to the original Super Mario All-Stars, the SNES Classic Edition also included an unlockable (although before it released, people knew what it was already) in the form of the never released Starfox 2. Who's to say that in the Super Mario 3D All Stars collection, Nintendo decided to go ham and actually include Super Mario Galaxy 2 as an unlockable (requiring beating either just Galaxy, or all three games)? For now it's only a theory that's been doing the rounds recently but, if it turns out to be true, Nintendo's got a couple of tricks up its sleeve still.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Changing the topic a bit, anyone seen the theories going around of Super Mario Galaxy 2 possibly being hidden within the Super Mario 3D All Stars collection? I've watched like three different videos on YouTube of people discussing it and it all originated from Nintendo Minute's video on their first impressions of the 3D All Stars collection. When the collection intro played, people caught on that the background themed used was one from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Some have argued the possibility that Nintendo slipped on the editing but, something as simple as that? Mmm, I dunno.

The theory got me thinking on the original Super Mario All-Stars game that released on the SNES (now available for free on the SNES NSO Library for NSO subscribers). Although All-Stars didn't have unlockable games, it did have Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels. Originally, this game is the actual Super Mario Bros. 2 (was in Japan, but on the US it was considered too difficult, and those gave the number 2 to the SMB game we know today; the one with Wart as the main antagonist).

In addition to the original Super Mario All-Stars, the SNES Classic Edition also included an unlockable (although before it released, people knew what it was already) in the form of the never released Starfox 2. Who's to say that in the Super Mario 3D All Stars collection, Nintendo decided to go ham and actually include Super Mario Galaxy 2 as an unlockable (requiring beating either just Galaxy, or all three games)? For now it's only a theory that's been doing the rounds recently but, if it turns out to be true, Nintendo's got a couple of tricks up its sleeve still.
I'd chalk it up to just a mistake or a coincidentally unfortunate music choice. I don't think there would be any reason for them to make it unlockable, when the game would probably sell a lot better if they marketed Galaxy 2 from the get-go.

Alongside the games barely being reworked and the bizarre six-month exclusivity, I just can't see Nintendo pulling something like that off. But of course it'd be really cool if true and would probably convince me to buy it.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
The Geno thread is not the thread seeking relationship or dating advice. I will be combing through the thread and handing out warnings that violates the ToS.
I think the occasional off-topic speak is fine if its limited & light-hearted (not combative or controversial) should be fine... really? As long as we're like 95% GENO related, dropping the iron hammer seems off.

This community has been strong & unified a long time, if we want to relate to each other in other minor ways here or there... what harm is that? It'd be different if we were a fledging community without history or knowledge of one another perhaps... if there were no precedent or rapport. But c'mon.

I literally screen-shotted the post to share with friends b/c I thought it was wholesome & helpful for so many. I know this isn't the place per se, but it's not like a bible was being written up about it.

Anywho...

RE: GENO, how should he differ from his SMRPG incarnation? If a SMRPG2 happened, how would you like to see him evolve. And would you be upset if his Smash iteration deviated from the OG to adopt a more modern aesthetic/re-design (like I love him but I don't know how interesting how silhouette would be in Smash... funnily enough it's prob too similar to Ness but creepy in the perfect roundness of the head hahahaha).

For me, it'd be very interesting if they leaned even harder into him being able to transmogrify his puppet form... like how he can turn into a Cannon. If he can reconfigure his blocks & has all these other secret tools pop out, that's just rad. I'd love to see this all realized in Smash animations & maybe they take some liberties to amp up his pizazz.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think the occasional off-topic speak is fine if its limited & light-hearted (not combative or controversial) should be fine... really? As long as we're like 95% GENO related, dropping the iron hammer seems off.
Relationship or dating advice isn’t permitted topics of discussion in any of the support threads, newcomer/dlc discussion thread, RTC threads, or any sort of thread dedicated to a particular purpose. That sort of discussion seems more fitting for the General Social thread found in the General forums or, if it’s a particularly controversial, the debate section. I understand wanting to have a sense of community and off-topic banter helps foster that but this sort of topic has the potential to snowball into something even bigger so it’s best to let the snowball melt before it does that.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Relationship or dating advice isn’t permitted topics of discussion in any of the support threads, newcomer/dlc discussion thread, RTC threads, or any sort of thread dedicated to a particular purpose. That sort of discussion seems more fitting for the General Social thread found in the General forums or, if it’s a particularly controversial, the debate section. I understand wanting to have a sense of community and off-topic banter helps foster that but this sort of topic has the potential to snowball into something even bigger so it’s best to let the snowball melt before it does that.
Felt like it was pretty much over... ah well, you're the boss. Just seems heavy-handed & harsh & dictator-y the way the warning was decreed. Much more than usual or feels warranted (like I mean, I think a simple "pipe down about relationship-speak" would sufficed, to say I'm gonna be dishing out warnings to individuals in PM is heavy). Okay then.

Anywho,

If Smash were to create a wholly original ability or two for GENO's, what's something cool you'd like to see?

I'd like to see him go full Inspector Gadget a little. Maybe a whirly-copter for his UP-B (or JET-MODE, lean into the toy transformer theme mega plus-ultra!).

Or see his legs clack together & form a booster rocket.

Last edited:

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
What are the chances of Rosalina being a key participant in Geno's trailer? While Mario, Peach, and Bowser would most likely be in because they were Geno's partners in the original game, I would really like Rosalina to be in because Geno said that he served a higher authority. Plus that needs to be his splash art tag "Geno serves a higher authority"

Last edited:

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
What are the chances of Rosalina being a key participant in Geno's trailer. While Mario, Peach, and Bowser would most likely be in because they were Geno's partners in the original game, I would really like Rosalina to be in because Geno said that he served a higher authority. Plus that needs to be his splash art tag "Geno serves a higher authority"
Yo I would scream-cry JOY if Rosalina gets KO'd & Luma decides to take form... & pops into GENO's puppet.

Or if Rosalina & Luma get harmed & as you see the battle tilting against her, this star in the sky just starts twinkling violently until it unhinges itself from its place among the stars & rockets down to earth to become GENO.

There's no world in which GENO isn't Rosalina's captain of the guard//royal defender//best star-knight-boi.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
What are the chances of Rosalina being a key participant in Geno's trailer. While Mario, Peach, and Bowser would most likely be in because they were Geno's partners in the original game, I would really like Rosalina to be in because Geno said that he served a higher authority. Plus that needs to be his splash art tag "Geno serves a higher authority"
I think Mario is 100% in the trailer. Probably along with Bowser, Peach, Bowyer and even Mallow.

But this is Smash, not SMRPG, so I root 100% for Kirby and Rosalina to be here, for all the star thing and cross over the worlds. It’s typical to mix various characters, like Hero with Link, Marth and Meta Knight.

On another point, I think if not this week; next week is definitely the chosen one to reveal Geno!

MattX20

Smash Hero
What are the chances of Rosalina being a key participant in Geno's trailer? While Mario, Peach, and Bowser would most likely be in because they were Geno's partners in the original game, I would really like Rosalina to be in because Geno said that he served a higher authority. Plus that needs to be his splash art tag "Geno serves a higher authority"
Pretty likely considering her connection to stars in general.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
I think Mario is 100% in the trailer. Probably along with Bowser, Peach, Bowyer and even Mallow.

But this is Smash, not SMRPG, so I root 100% for Kirby and Rosalina to be here, for all the star thing and cross over the worlds. It’s typical to mix various characters, like Hero with Link, Marth and Meta Knight.

On another point, I think if not this week; next week is definitely the chosen one to reveal Geno!
It'd be hilarious if Kirby tried sucking up Geno's doll & spat out his usual big star but it's GENO who got ripped out of the puppet-body when Kirby stole its power. So you see this star get back up, dust itself off, & pummel Kirby for its body back.

QQS

Smash Lord
9CB633E5-D164-4719-AAB6-EAA85AB1F570.jpeg
F6A6CA8F-8A5F-4FCE-A922-A43FE922E170.jpeg
42D75D0B-A3CA-4B48-B824-71428BB9391B.jpeg
8CA91BB6-8762-41C8-AFE5-12AC7FDE0B74.jpeg

GENO REVEAL for sure will be one of those. Also maybe plus Kirby and/or the SMRPG crew.

It will be the most beautiful piece of art on the internet. Can’t wait to see that video with Geno Awakens, Let’s Play Geno, songs directly taken from SMPRG; and then on Stage with Forest Maze and Armed Boss (these two remixed by Yoko herself for Smash).

We will collapse the internet on that day when GENO COMES HOME!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Speaking of giving advice, here's some good pieces of advice for ya.
  • There is always more than one side to every story.
  • Look before you leap.
  • Always do your own homework to inform yourself.
  • People aren't always who you think they are.
  • The person in the wrong isn't always who you think they are.
I'm sure you will all understand what this is in reference to soon enough.
This reads like the text in a Kingdom Hearts teaser.

Griselda

Smash Lord
You know, I said I'd be sticking around until the end of Ultimate's DLC (and hopefully Geno) but more and more I see no point in my interacting with this site beyond that. If Geno really is right around the corner like everything seems to be pointing to, then maybe it's a little sad that my time here is coming to an end soon, or a bittersweet ending - I actually like talking to some of you here. Even the little arguments I've gotten into with certain users. But if Geno gets in, then maybe that's enough anyway.

QQS

Smash Lord
You know, I said I'd be sticking around until the end of Ultimate's DLC (and hopefully Geno) but more and more I see no point in my interacting with this site beyond that. If Geno really is right around the corner like everything seems to be pointing to, then maybe it's a little sad that my time here is coming to an end soon, or a bittersweet ending - I actually like talking to some of you here. Even the little arguments I've gotten into with certain users. But if Geno gets in, then maybe that's enough anyway.
It will the indeed bittersweet. All of us extremely happy cause our most wanted dream character came true; but on the other side it will sound like this: Goodbye Geno (thread) (The feeling im referring to starts at 1:53).

I could check and write here sometimes but it will be definitely a Mission Accomplished to all the family here.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I havent been in the thread long, but I want you to know, Gris, that even though we had a disagreement or two and you may not have approved of some of my posts, a lot of the harshness in their tone at the time at time was born out of frustration. While I do still stand by my positions, I apologize if I came off as rude or disrespectful to you. Any disagreements we have are minor and do not impact my enjoyment of you and your posts. Let it be clear that I DO encourage solidarity in stressful times like the thread has gone through, and you are just as important a contributor here as any. If our journey is at an end soon and I don't get the chance to interact with you anymore after this, I hope your opinion of me won't be soured by the few instances in which our ideals clashed. Mine certainly won't be of you. I wish you the best of luck and I enjoy hearing from you while you're here. :)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
In a full calendar year plus a couple weeks, we’ve gotten just byleth and minmin as far as character reveals go.

This is absurd
I know right? In a alternate universe where Covid-19 didn't happen, about more than half of Pass 2 would have been revealed and released by now.

Reactions: QQS

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
At first I was thinking about leaving speculation after Ultimate's DLC speculation ends, but after this long **** drought and Covid-19 delaying things longer I'm just thinking about calling it quits after Geno get's in. I already got K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie in this game so Geno getting in as well would satisfied me. If somebody else I want get's in I'll drop by and celebrate. But I think I'm done with speculation after Geno get's in because I'm tired. It was a blast speculating with you all and I had some memorable times here, but the day Geno is dropped on the Eshop will probably be my final day on Smashboards.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There will be nothing bittersweet about Geno being added...

That’s just sugar in the purest form!

If you guys don’t want to fall off... just stay in touch, if you want to just play Geno and say peace, I don’t blame you and go have fun! Nothing bitter about it.
I'm just tired of playing the waiting game man. Geno is the last big character I feel will get in that I would remotely be interested in. I'm not too sure about the chances of my other wants though. But I've been part of Smash speculation since the pre-Smash 4 days and I think I'm done after Ultimate speculation is over. I don't think I can go another round.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I'm just tired of playing the waiting game man. Geno is the last big character I feel will get in that I would remotely be interested in. I'm not too sure about the chances of my other wants though. But I've been part of Smash speculation since the pre-Smash 4 days and I think I'm done after Ultimate speculation is over. I don't think I can go another round.
After Geno is in there's still much to do! We have to evolve his fighter meta after all :3

Last edited:

Yoro

Smash Rookie
Realistically speaking, what are our chances of seeing some smash news this week, given the amiibo stuff and the fact that the mario remasters are this week as well?

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
What if Fighter 7 is the Geno friends we made along the way
Small wack meme rant:
This "friends along the way" meme should be shot down like old yeller in the backyard. Just like the harambe meme was.
----
Unless cosmic irony comes and bites me in the ass, we're not getting anything today.
I guess I was too hungry for some news, will have my crow servings for breakfast.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So as we know, Sakurai has been posting about game anniversaries on his Twitter account. Today in Japan, Persona 5 released 4 years ago alongside...
View attachment 285636

Undertale. And to commemorate Undertale Sakurai used... this image:
View attachment 285637

...Sakurai knows what he is doing.
It’s a reference to Sans’s intro in Undertale, not the meme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom