• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Haters come in like

1540593414781.png

It's currently September 14, 2020, so if you're rolling into the Geno fan thread on Smashboards.com to post about how all of his supporters are wrong about their guesses regarding well kept industry secrets, congratulations - you have spent two years telling people on a dying website that their speculation over a character in a children's game is dumb, and one year telling them that now that Square already has a rep and he's from the grandaddy of RPGs, their character is irrelevant and has no chance.

Please contextualize your life.

To (semi)quote the legendary Joe Dirt - "That where you wanna be when Jesus comes back? Making fun of poor li'l ol' Geno?"

Last edited by a moderator:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I'll give up hope till 6 pm. I really doubt smash would have a 0 out of nowhere smash presentation.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't even know what you're talking about anymore. Some guy mocked you and said vanilla ice cream and you are going off about how everyone thinks picks are boring. I'm lost, and you vent as much as you want... yeesh
Because, even if it was ultimately a joke by their own admission, it's word for word what other people have unironically argued. "Your predictions coincidentally line up with a good number of popular picks therefore are bad/boring/lies for attention" or somehow certain characters are magically completely unappealing and unwarranted merely because I'm predicting them (because that's totally fair and not petty). It's like this example I brought up from earlier this year where I had a stalker pretending to be a regular from this thread:

Screenshot_20200612-113911.png

Or how Genome's post showed something else that commonly happens: people outright lying about certain things I've said. I didn't will Geno in Smash or the SMRPG remake/sequel rumor into existence. For the latter, like 5 people specifically came into this thread to back up Rogersbase's account on the rumor's existence but apparently I invented it? Reflecting on yesterday, I pooh pooh'd Erdrick for a short time, accepted the evidence, and argued the specifics but apparently I was in full blown denial mode, telling the Geno thread to act out, and was telling people Erdrick wasn't happening? Ironically, going back to those posts, more people were mad at me for suggesting BOTH could happen more than anything else. Funny how with the passing time this is looking like the likey outcome despite people arguing I was delusional for supporting this idea.

Finally, the golden goose I'd love to strangle... "Fatman, you're too confident in your predictions but, also, unless you're 100% certain on your predictions, don't say anything at all." In other words, "don't openly speculate unless you can absolutely prove your predictions without a shadow of a doubt." "You're too confident but also don't say anything unless you speak in absolutes."

570e7be3d6daa2a35c473e89d97640cf.jpg

Again, people seem bewildered that I get super defensive and then I deal with this sort of thing way too often. People complain about people agreeing with me (saw someone use the line "how could you" in the NST against another poster the other week as if agreeing with me was somehow a legitimate betrayal). People complain about the number of likes my posts get. People blame me for certain characters not being talked about more often. People blame me for other people talking about me on other sites. For someone who's working class, people seem to unironically think I hold literal global power over Smash speculation and then storm in here as if they're shouting up to a tyrannical king on a hundred foot throne made of skulls of detractors. Some days I have less tolerance for it than others and, like I shared on Discord, with my grandma passing away on Saturday morning, I'm kind of irate that one of my few forms of escapism is constantly plagued by this sort of thing.

Yoro

Smash Rookie
Let's all take a step back before we derail things on a personal and/or aggressive level.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Because, even if it was ultimately a joke by their own admission, it's word for word what other people have unironically argued. "Your predictions coincidentally line up with a good number of popular picks therefore are bad/boring/lies for attention" or somehow certain characters are magically completely unappealing and unwarranted merely because I'm predicting them (because that's totally fair and not petty). It's like this example I brought up from earlier this year where I had a stalker pretending to be a regular from this thread:

View attachment 285580
Or how Genome's post showed something else that commonly happens: people outright lying about certain things I've said. I didn't will Geno in Smash or the SMRPG remake/sequel rumor into existence. For the latter, like 5 people specifically came into this thread to back up Rogersbase's account on the rumor's existence but apparently I invented it? Reflecting on yesterday, I pooh pooh'd Erdrick for a short time, accepted the evidence, and argued the specifics but apparently I was in full blown denial mode, telling the Geno thread to act out, and was telling people Erdrick wasn't happening? Ironically, going back to those posts, more people were mad at me for suggesting BOTH could happen more than anything else. Funny how with the passing time this is looking like the likey outcome despite people arguing I was delusional for supporting this idea.

Finally, the golden goose I'd love to strangle... "Fatman, you're too confident in your predictions but, also, unless you're 100% certain on your predictions, don't say anything at all." In other words, "don't openly speculate unless you can absolutely prove your predictions without a shadow of a doubt." "You're too confident but also don't say anything unless you speak in absolutes."

View attachment 285582

Again, people seem bewildered that I get super defensive and then I deal with this sort of thing way too often. People complain about people agreeing with me (saw someone use the line "how could you" in the NST against another poster the other week as if agreeing with me was somehow a legitimate betrayal). People complain about the number of likes my posts get. People blame me for certain characters not being talked about more often. People blame me for other people talking about me on other sites. For someone who's working class, people seem to unironically think I hold literal global power over Smash speculation and then storm in here as if they're shouting up to a tyrannical king on a hundred foot throne made of skulls of detractors. Some days I have less tolerance for it than others and, like I shared on Discord, with my grandma passing away on Saturday morning, I'm kind of irate that one of my few forms of escapism is constantly plagued by this sort of thing.
Damn man, you do a pretty good job putting up with the BS. Most people quit after putting up with it for so long.

And sorry for your loss.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Monday was the least likely day for an announcement for a Sakurai Presents to begin with, so don't despair if we don't get it today. We still have Tuesday and Wednesday for a potential announcement, if not Friday to confirm it for next week

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm slowly starting to wonder if Nintendo has cheeky shenanigans planned for near TGS because I've noticed that, since March, Nintendo has done a good chunk of their big reveals near the end of the month with the Mario Direct being the one big exception. The March Mini was late March, Min Min was late June, the first Partnership was late July, and the second Partnership was late August. Like I've been arguing, I guess there's nothing stopping Nintendo from doing something the same week as TGS because, in a way, it'd teeeeeeeeeeeechnically be the same approach they've taken with E3 in recent years. It's also entirely digital this year anyways so I guess it matters even less...

D

Deleted member

Monday was the least likely day for an announcement for a Sakurai Presents to begin with, so don't despair if we don't get it today. We still have Tuesday and Wednesday for a potential announcement, if not Friday to confirm it for next week
it's really hard to keep spirits high anymore, I'll be honest with you.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I'm slowly starting to wonder if Nintendo has cheeky shenanigans planned for near TGS because I've noticed that, since March, Nintendo has done a good chunk of their big reveals near the end of the month with the Mario Direct being the one big exception. The March Mini was late March, Min Min was late June, the first Partnership was late July, and the second Partnership was late August. Like I've been arguing, I guess there's nothing stopping Nintendo from doing something the same week as TGS because, in a way, it'd teeeeeeeeeeeechnically be the same approach they've taken with E3 in recent years. It's also entirely digital this year anyways so I guess it matters even less...
Would they shadowdrop a mini then? Or would they announce it on Friday for a Monday release? The only thing that gives me pause on the latter is that 3DAS releases on Friday, so would they undercut a major release by announcing a presentation on the same day?

We could also get a Monday announcement for Tuesday, but that basically makes this entire week a wash and while not surprising if so, I don’t really wanna think about that possibility haha, y’know?

Dukefire

Smash Master
whatever happens, if news doesn't appear this week. At least there will be a RoA announcement coming tomorrow.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

First of all I hope you find peace with the recent passing. I hope you and your Grandmother shared many happy times and that she stays with you, always.

My advice is still to just brush it off. I’m not here for the trolls who are mocking. And I could do with less of all the drama. I’m here for Geno... that’s all. I hope your stress in life and the boards disappears and we all get Geno. Good luck.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
So I thought of a good Geno discussion question that I haven't seen be talked about here yet. In his official Smash render, what pose do you think Geno will be in?

Firox

Smash Master

View attachment 285580

View attachment 285582

Wait a tick....So Spatulo was just a sleeper troll all this time? Or was that a joke? I'm coming in here in the middle of this kind of confused. What a sad world we live in when people have so much time on their hands that they have nothing better to do than stalk an obscure Smash bros thread for months just to hate on someone. Nintendo needs to give us something, and FAST. I don't think the collective sanity of the fanbase can take much more.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Wait a tick....So Spatulo was just a sleeper troll all this time? What a sad world we live in when people have so much time on their hands that they have nothing better to do than stalk an obscure Smash bros thread for months just to hate on someone. Nintendo needs to give us something, and FAST. I don't think the collective sanity of the fanbase can take much more.
No, it was a fake user impersonating Spatulo and not the real one

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
According to Shinobi Monster Hunter Switch should be before TGS, and next Monday & Tuesday are National Holidays in Japan, so I would expect Monster Hunter this week, and not Smash.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So it seems that due to the most recent standard issue chapter Attack On Fatman, it seems you all somehow missed this.

So my whole thing is, if you are/were a tester who would likely know this ****, HOW CAN YOU JUST TALK ABOUT THIS?

HOW IN THE ABSOLUTE **** CAN YOU JUST SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS, WORDED IN SUCH A WAY, AND ACT LIKE IT'S NOTHING?!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So it seems that due to the most recent standard issue chapter Attack On Fatman, it seems you all somehow missed this.

So my whole thing is, if you are/were a tester who would likely know this ****, HOW CAN YOU JUST TALK ABOUT THIS?

HOW IN THE ABSOLUTE **** CAN YOU JUST SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS, WORDED IN SUCH A WAY, AND ACT LIKE IT'S NOTHING?!
It's just a matter of when he will be revealed, Geno that is; going off by this post, of course.

So, we're in some kind of Anti-Fatman war with some haters hating on him? Not cool.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Not Geno related, but happy 19th birthday to the GameCube and Luigi's Mansion!

20200914_105323.png

Its crazy to think that next year will be when the GameCube will enter the 20's club along with the SNES and N64. Time certainly flies.

Firox

Smash Master

Wait, who is Ryce? Is that a Smash bros tester?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Just watched the Master Roshi launch trailer for DBFZ they uploaded on YouTube and, I find it cute that both Master Roshi and Super Mario 3D All Stars both launch the same day.

On the topic of Geno, Smash reveals, potential SMRPG remake/sequel; at first I thought "if it's legit, perhaps Nintendo commissioned Square Enix to unveil the game at TGS next week" but then I thought about Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Perhaps Nintendo (if the SMRPG remake/sequel is real) could announce it this week, and Square Enix could showcase gameplay on TGS (like Koei Tecmo will do for HW:AoC).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I read this in Comic Book Guy's voice XD.

Not Geno related, but happy 19th birthday to the GameCube and Luigi's Mansion!

View attachment 285585

Its crazy to think that next year will be when the GameCube will enter the 20's club along with the SNES and N64. Time certainly flies.
Actually, the SNES is in the 30s club now. SNES came out in Japan around this time back in 1990. But yeah, time certainly files. I remember playing Melee and Luigi's Mansion around launch.

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman

I have followed Era stuff for a while and see Ryce post quite a bit, but this is the very first time I've heard anything about him at any point being a tester for Smash Ultimate. Is there any proof of that?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don’t think that’s necessarily him hinting Geno. There are people out there who actually think Geno is some edgy doll with no personality. Since when is Geno some edgelord?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
That's what I've been saying: A late month reveal ties into the timeline of how Nintendo handles Smash announcements. They ALWAYS save Smash for either the opening act or the closer

--Ultimate's announcement was the "One more thing" of March 2018's Direct
--Smash was the back end of E3 2018
--Isabelle closed out the September 2018 Direct with New Horizons
--Hero was the opening act of E3 2019, Banjo and BOTW 2 were the closing acts
--Banjo release news was one of the first announcements of September 2019 Direct, followed by the reveal of Terry Bogard
--Byleth's reveal was at the end of Janurary
--Min Min's presentation was in the end of June and Pokémon took the first two weeks

Not counting the two Smash Directs or Joker at the Game Awards, there's a clear pattern. I'm predicting that maybe Pokemon Crown Tundra news and/or Monster Hunter Switch take this week and Smash brings it on home next week

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Would they shadowdrop a mini then? Or would they announce it on Friday for a Monday release? The only thing that gives me pause on the latter is that 3DAS releases on Friday, so would they undercut a major release by announcing a presentation on the same day?

We could also get a Monday announcement for Tuesday, but that basically makes this entire week a wash and while not surprising if so, I don’t really wanna think about that possibility haha, y’know?
Yeah, I really don't want to think about it either but the distinct lack of "huehuehue"ing from insiders at the moment makes me think that this week is going to be fairly empty. In 2020, pretty much every major reveal and presentation outside of game shadowdrops was heavily foreshadowed and had people hard hinting at them days in advance. The minis, the partner showcases, the Nindies, the game showcases, etc all had like at least 5 people not so subtly teasing it on Twitter. Granted, it's still Monday but for bigger reveals like Smash and the Mario presentation I've noticed people dropping hints up to a week in advance.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

It's not necessarily a hint; it just seems like Ryce is pointing out that Geno isn't an edge-lord like some people seem to think he is. (not sure why people think that - maybe it's the cape?)

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
It's not necessarily a hint; it just seems like Ryce is pointing out that Geno isn't an edge-lord like some people seem to think he is. (not sure why people think that - maybe it's the cape?)
Agreed, it’s still pretty speculative in nature. Ryce could have definitive information, or he may not, at present we don’t really know.

MattX20

Smash Hero
That's what I've been saying: A late month reveal ties into the timeline of how Nintendo handles Smash announcements. They ALWAYS save Smash for either the opening act or the closer

--Ultimate's announcement was the "One more thing" of March 2018's Direct
--Smash was the back end of E3 2018
--Isabelle closed out the September 2018 Direct with New Horizons
--Hero was the opening act of E3 2019, Banjo and BOTW 2 were the closing acts
--Banjo release news was one of the first announcements of September 2019 Direct, followed by the reveal of Terry Bogard
--Byleth's reveal was at the end of Janurary
--Min Min's presentation was in the end of June and Pokémon took the first two weeks

Not counting the two Smash Directs or Joker at the Game Awards, there's a clear pattern. I'm predicting that maybe Pokemon Crown Tundra news and/or Monster Hunter Switch take this week and Smash brings it on home next week
The only reason I'm not fully sold just yet on a reveal next week is just because of Age of Calamity hype on Saturday the 24th, but it's still a possibility to consider. I know the reveal wouldn't cannibalize sales for Mario 3D Allstars since the release dates for DLC fighters lately is at bare minimum one week after

D

Deleted member

Agreed, it’s still pretty speculative in nature. Ryce could have definitive information, or he may not, at present we don’t really know.
I don’t think Ryce even leaks Smash info nowadays. The last time he told us was Minecraft intel like almost 2 years ago. He’s probably not even interested in telling nothing but speculation unlike Imran Kahn who teased Min Min.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman

Exactly what I said last night. Anyone claiming Geno is an edgy 2kewl4skool tryhard didn't play the game and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Para on Star Road (I openly admit I don't know which Para you are here because there's like 4 that regularly occupy this thread) brought up a good point this weekend. With the Amiibo wave next Friday, they HAVE to do at least a small update soon to accompany the Joker and Hero Amiibo so the 25th is the absolute deadline for "something." Terry was revealed a day before his Amiibo wave release and so was Byleth so I guess there could be precedent for either scenario but both basically suggest the same thing and that's a buzzer beater reveal with 7 either being released right then and there or a slightly later date.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Para on Star Road (I openly admit I don't know which Para you are here because there's like 4 that regularly occupy this thread) brought up a good point this weekend. With the Amiibo wave next Friday, they HAVE to do at least a small update soon to accompany the Joker and Hero Amiibo so the 25th is the absolute deadline for "something." Terry was revealed a day before his Amiibo wave release and so was Byleth so I guess there could be precedent for either scenario but both basically suggest the same thing and that's a buzzer beater reveal with 7 either being released right then and there or a slightly later date.
and typically, the release dates for fighters tend to coincide closer to the Japanese release dates for Amiibos, so it's less likely for FP7 to be released the week after that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom