• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
That Paper Mario news is devastating. As much as I want to have Geno in Smash I really wanted a true sequel to Legend of the Seven Stars. I don't want to imagine it without all the charming side characters that made that game so amazing. Having male and female and kid Toads really fleshed out that game and added so much to the Mario Universe. While Geno still has a good chance to be in Smash today is a sad day.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It was 2tb and stolen 2 yrs ago. He was let off in court due to mental illness dictating he wouldn't survive in jail/didn't know the severity of what he did (severe autism, not even kidding about that), but he had already secretly spread it out among friends. They've been dealing it out in small doses. We've only received something like 10-30% of the total content they stole. It was all from the iQue servers in China which were not very secure and since we now know Nintendo holds onto literally everything, well... Supposedly Mario RPG stuff was part of it, but nobody knows if it's more than just the final version of the game ROM that was found already. People literally have to dig through files and try to find ways to open them correctly, so the "less obvious and popular" stuff gets overlooked.
Autism isn't a mental illness. I'm Autistic I was diagnosis with Aspergers when I was around 4 or 5 years old. A lot of us are more capable of doing great things than most people realize. We get discriminated against just because people think we are stupid when they hear we have Autism it ****** me off.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don't really think that interview affects Geno's chances in anyway. I think this interview may hurt the chances of other Mario RPG OC's like Fawful and Goombella. As for Geno, however, the team behind the newer Paper Mario games really have no say on Geno getting in since ultimately, its up for Square to decide.
It's not easy coping with the fact that Geno, Mallow etc being owned by Square-Enix might have turned out to be the best case scenario for him after years of blindly despising said company with the assumption they were gate keeping him. I guess I need to go on an apology tour for Square Enix starting with Chrono Trigger.

Hopefully Sakurai managed to break the mold and brings him back.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Autism isn't a mental illness. I'm Autistic I was diagnosis with Aspergers when I was around 4 or 5 years old. A lot of us are more capable of doing great things than most people realize. We get discriminated against just because people think we are stupid when they hear we have Autism it ****** me off.
Sorry you took it that way. I was repeating what I've read and was told, and should have used more tact. Considering everything it's likely the way the court had framed it though and I was trying to make the point that the guy was caught and "got away with it." I agree that autism is not a negative about a person in the least and I'm pretty familiar with it myself. But I also don't want to get super off topic. I'm sorry.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
I still think given how insiders have been wrong about the last Direct, I think we still have some hope for some Smash news in the next few weeks, like on the week of the 14 for a potential example. I don't think we'll have to wait to the end of August for FP7 at the moment
I don't think any of the (reliable) insiders got anything wrong about the last Direct, at least in terms of leaks not speculation. But yes, I'd say Smash news in the next few weeks is possible outside of a Direct, although September with a Direct is more likely.

By the way, this is the most popular theory regarding the Geno/Waluigi evidence :
https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1d_4uuic2xo8bZhwzJkmZtQfWFent4x8erWdd2KPqrNM/edit

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Exactly! We autistic people are anything but dumb. Those who think autism is a serious case of dumbness and being unintelligent are so uneducated. If anything, those who are saying we are dumb are dumb themselves, and need to seek help or go back to school. Not saying that to anyone here in this topic, but you get what I mean.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Also wanted to add in that I have been noticing a lot of new members to not just this thread, but to Smashboards as a whole becoming active here.

Wanted to go ahead and give you guys a big welcome!

:starman::154::starman:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
PREACH MAN! I have autism as well and it has affected everyday of my life since the day I was born. People these days often say autistic people are stupid, when I am fully capable of doing things on my own. The only thing that sets us apart from other people is just that we learn things in a different way. People have no idea the struggles we have to go through everyday. I have had a hard time focusing in school and making new friends and I always felt left out of everything. The fact I made it as far as I have with my autism amazes me and I never thought I would be where I am now, especially after just recently graduating from high school.

So yeah, whenever people refer to autistic people as stupid, it p****s me off too

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There are a lot of people who have done great things despite being autistic. Stephen Spielberg (who is my hero, by the way), for example, and Temple Grandin, among others. People obviously don't seem to understand what autism is,

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I don't think any of the (reliable) insiders got anything wrong about the last Direct, at least in terms of leaks not speculation. But yes, I'd say Smash news in the next few weeks is possible outside of a Direct, although September with a Direct is more likely.

By the way, this is the most popular theory regarding the Geno/Waluigi evidence :
https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1d_4uuic2xo8bZhwzJkmZtQfWFent4x8erWdd2KPqrNM/edit
Thanks for sharing. I figured that Legacy XP had something to do with it. The only notable additions to the mod that are also likely for Ultimate were, of course, WAH and Geno. So there ya go

D

Deleted member

I can’t read the Legacy XP theory because how blurry it is. Can somebody write down like the bullet points or something? I’m on my phone, do I need to use a computer?

Last edited by a moderator:

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
I can’t read the Legacy XP theory because how blurry it is. Can somebody write down like the bullet points or something? I’m on mobile, do I need to use a computer?
papagenos is probably referring to hearing directly from a nintendo lawyer that legacy xp was shut down due to smash ultimate featuring waluigi and/or geno in fp2
all of this is backed up with several things
-its not from any of papas previous correct sources/leaks (vr plant, banjo, cacomallow)
-it has nothing to do with geno/waluigi being upgrades or mario characters
-other characters fit the geno/waluigi evidence but theyre very unlikely
-directly related, extremely strong evidence for geno and/or waluigi
-it is not a direct character leak, it is simply evidence for both geno and waluigi
and most importantly to me
-person papa spoke to is directly involved with nintendo, "no game of telephone"
-papagenos 100% trusts this source, "holy ****" kind of evidence

now all of this on its own lines up with legacy xp being taken down relating to smash dlc, but there are already 2 more things that nintendo has done that improve this case, and one that may take it down
1 - P+ was never taken down
p+ is a mod of project m that balances several characters, and its the build of pm thats most widely used in tournaments today
if nintendo were to look into mods to take down, they absolutely would have taken down p+, a mod more popular than lxp, but they didnt
2 - lxp wasnt taken down for ridley
one piece of evidence against this theory is that lxp was never taken down for adding ridley into the game, 2 versions of ridley to be specific
a video featuring ridley is even one of the most popular on the lxp channel
3 - nintendos precedent for taking things down
nintendo has already taken down games in the past that related to content they would make in the future, am2r
so its not like this is a new thing

tl;dr - papagenos probably heard directly from a nintendo lawyer that lxp got taken down because of smash dlc, they already have a precedent for this and specifically took lxp down despite probably knowing there were other mods already out there that they could take down

D

Deleted member

papagenos is probably referring to hearing directly from a nintendo lawyer that legacy xp was shut down due to smash ultimate featuring waluigi and/or geno in fp2
-its not from any of papas previous correct sources/leaks (vr plant, banjo, cacomallow)
-it is not a direct character leak, it is simply evidence for both geno and waluigi
-person papa spoke to is directly involved with nintendo, "no game of telephone"

now all of this on its own lines up with legacy xp being taken down relating to smash dlc, but there are already 2 more things that nintendo has done that improve this case, and one that may take it down
p+ is a mod of project m that balances several characters, and its the build of pm thats most widely used in tournaments today
if nintendo were to look into mods to take down, they absolutely would have taken down p+, a mod more popular than lxp, but they didnt
one piece of evidence against this theory is that lxp was never taken down for adding ridley into the game, 2 versions of ridley to be specific
nintendo has already taken down games in the past that related to content they would make in the future, am2r

tl;dr - papagenos probably heard directly from a nintendo lawyer that lxp got taken down because of smash dlc, they already have a precedent for this and specifically took lxp down despite probably knowing there were other mods already out there that they could take down
Appreciate it.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Incase it hasn’t been brought up:

Its important to note that if this info from Papa is true and relates to Legacy XP, why didn’t they take down Legacy XP when Geno for a Mii costume in Smash 4??? Keep that in mind when people say “Geno could still be a Mii costume durrrr”.

Basically, I’m saying that this likely means that Geno is playable and NOT going to be a Mii costume

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, anyone still think announcements could happen this Sunday, or anytime the rest of next week?

MattX20

Smash Hero

Waluigi is also present in Project M, but as mentioned, Project M wasn't taken down. However, Legacy XP is the only mod with a playable Geno

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'm autistic too, or at least I assume I am. I've not been officially diagnosed, but I show some pretty clear signs. And my boyfriend got diagnosed some years back, and he's very similar to me in key ways. I won't go into detail, because it's personal and isn't on-topic for this thread. But I thought I'd mention it. I, too, ain't no dummy.

Anyway, Papagenos further clarifying to the best of his abilities gives me even more hope for Geno. I'm glad the little doll is looking likely!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
There are a lot of people who have done great things despite being autistic. Stephen Spielberg (who is my hero, by the way), for example, and Temple Grandin, among others. People obviously don't seem to understand what autism is,
Hell, even Albert Einstein, aka the smartest man ever, was autistic. Honestly, it always seems like people with autism are usually the smart ones.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hell, even Albert Einstein, aka the smartest man ever, was autistic. Honestly, it always seems like people with autism are usually the smart ones.
Was that confirmed? I did hear that it was believed he was autistic, and it makes sense. Still, I have never heard a confirmation.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Waluigi is also present in Project M, but as mentioned, Project M wasn't taken down. However, Legacy XP is the only mod with a playable Geno
The Project M team weren't the ones who added Waluigi, they quit production of Project M shortly after Sm4sh came out.

The PM Dev roster officially consisted of the Brawl Roster + Roy & Mewtwo. They had nothing to do with Waluigi.

The guy who added Waluigi was this fellow here:

This user had been working on it for a while, initially planning for Waluigi to be Brawl only, and added it to Project M at a later date..

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Was that confirmed? I did hear that it was believed he was autistic, and it makes sense. Still, I have never heard a confirmation.
I have no idea. You can DM me about that one if you'd like since I don't wanna get too off-topic from Geno and Smash, but I believe I saw somewhere stating he was

MattX20

Smash Hero
The Project M team weren't the ones who added Waluigi, they quit production of Project M shortly after Sm4sh came out.

The PM Dev roster officially consisted of the Brawl Roster + Roy & Mewtwo. They had nothing to do with Waluigi.

The guy who added Waluigi was this fellow here:

This user had been working on it for a while, initially planning for Waluigi to be Brawl only, and added it to Project M at a later date..
My point was that Waluigi wasn't just in Legacy XP. If Waluigi were the next fighter, I'd imagine the other mods featuring him would be taken down. However, it's only the one featuring Geno that raises eyebrows on top of everything else we've learned

T2by4

Smash Lord
Waluigi VS Geno
Chief VS Sora

Who's next, fellas? Who will be the next two rivals?

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense. One counterargument I could propose against the whole "why didn't they take it down for Ridley" counterpoint is that maybe they were pressured by someone else, with that someone being SquareEnix with regards to Geno. We know that SquareEnix is very weird when it comes to their content in Smash. Some examples include:
  • Their Mii Costumes always coming in their own, separate waves alongside their own characters. No other company, not even Nintendo themselves, have ever had this happen.
  • Each character of theirs has only come with two tracks, with each alt for Hero being considered a different character and thus coming with two tracks each. No other series with a fighter in Smash has that few music tracks.
As such, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that maybe SquareEnix saw Legacy XP as a threat to Geno's coming to Smash, and thus pressured Nintendo to take action where they otherwise wouldn't have.

Also, while not strictly evidence, but it's been theorized that the reason the Geno and Chocobo Mii Costumes didn't return alongside Hero was because they A) were only allowed to highlight Enix stuff and B) wanted to advertise Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age: Definitive Edition, and as such didn't want to take attention away from it. If that's the case, then it would make sense for SquareEnix to want it taken down.

D

Deleted member

There’s Project M EX Remix. That’s pretty much the only mod I know aside from Legacy XP that has Geno.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Not to derail the thread, but as someone who works with people who have varying diagnoses I can confirm that there is a huge misconception and prejudice involved with pretty much anything that is considered a "disability". Like I have a mildly fatty liver. Does that mean I'm a drunkard or a huge fat***? No. It's just a diagnosis that I have to live with. People diagnosed on the Autism spectrum (which the spectrum in and of itself is completely stupid imo because of how vastly different the extremes are) or any diagnosis for that matter are literally just people that have a diagnosis and are different just like everyone else in the whole world is different (unless they're a tool). When you start treating people like human beings you'd be surprised by how much they can accomplish go figure. Alright I'm gonna stop here before I get fuming. Don't even get me started about how the DDA straight up contradicts itself constantly and dehumanizes the people I work with by deciding what's important and meaningful for them.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
My point was that Waluigi wasn't just in Legacy XP. If Waluigi were the next fighter, I'd imagine the other mods featuring him would be taken down. However, it's only the one featuring Geno that raises eyebrows on top of everything else we've learned
This. I've been saying for quite some time that if this Legacy XP takedown were to be for Waluigi, then why didn't they take down the countless other mods that Waluigi is featured in? That is why I do believe this Legacy XP takedown would most likely be for Geno, since he is really the only other character that has a good chance, as well as really being the only mod where we get a true playable Geno.

Waluigi VS Geno
Chief VS Sora

Who's next, fellas? Who will be the next two rivals?
Their has been a rivalry between Crash and Spyro that I have seen as of late.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Crash vs Spyro, perhaps?
This. I've been saying for quite some time that if this Legacy XP takedown were to be for Waluigi, then why didn't they take down the countless other mods that Waluigi is featured in? That is why I do believe this Legacy XP takedown would most likely be for Geno, since he is really the only other character that has a good chance, as well as really being the only mod where we get a true playable Geno.

Their has been a rivalry between Crash and Spyro that I have seen as of late.
Really? I haven't heard anything about Spyro at all. I've disliked Crash's recent designs, but if I had to choose between the two of them I'd rather not choose the Subway Dragon.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
AH! I'm unbanned! I have lots to talk about! I wanted to share some predictive models I made on Sunday that we can test the accuracy of very soon. All three models coincidentally suggest a reveal next week:

Smash Ultimate Amiibo Waves:

Wave 1: December 7, 2018 (second week)
Wave 2: February 15, 2019 (third week) (70 days between)
Wave 3: April 12, 2019 (second week) (56 days between)
Wave 4: July 19, 2019 (third week) (98 days between)
Wave 5: September 20, 2019 (third week) (63 days between)
Wave 6: November 15, 2019 (third week) (56 days between)
Wave 7: January 17, 2020 (third week) (53 days between) ----- 93 days to April 19th
Wave 8: June 12, 2020 (second week) (147 days between)
Wave 9: September 18, 2020 (third week) (98 days between)

Average: 80 days

DLC character release dates:
Plant- February 1, 2019 (first week)
Joker- April 17, 2019 (third week) (75 days between) (3 days off average deviation: April 14)
Hero- July 30, 2019 (fifth week) (74 days between) (35 days off average deviation: June 25)
Banjo – September 4, 2019 (first week) (66 days between) (1 day off average deviation: September 5)
Terry- November 6, 2019 (second week) (63 days between) (9 days off average deviation: November 15)
Byleth – January 28, 2020 (fifth week) (83 days) (1 day off average deviation: January 27)

Average: 72 days (suggests April 9 for original ARMS release and June 20 for new release)

DLC character announcement dates:
Joker – December 6, 2018 (second week)
Hero- June 11, 2019 (third week) (187 days between)
Banjo- June 11, 2019 (third week) (NA)
Terry- September 4, 2019 (first week) (85 days between)
Byleth- January 16, 2020 (third week) (134 days between)
ARMS- March 26, 2020 (fourth week) (70 days between)
Average: 95 days (suggests June 29 for ARMS)

Days Between Amiibo Wave and Character Release

Plant: 14 days
Joker: 5 days
Hero: 11 days
Banjo: 16 days
Terry: 9 days
Byleth: 11 days

Average: 11 (Suggests June 23 release for ARMS)
I did this predictive model post before Min Min was announced and it was actually fairly accurate. I need to update the numbers later but to using the same averages determined in this earlier model it suggests the following dates as being important for 7:

Amiibo Wave average days between: 80, suggests August 31st (coincidentally a Monday)

Gaps between releases average: 72, suggests September 9th (this is a Wednesday on the first full week of September)

Gaps between announcements average: 95, suggests September 25th (this is Joker and Hero's Amiibo release date)

There's supposed to be Amiibos coming on the 18th and 25th. Using the 11 day average to stay within the month, we get September 7th and September 14th respectively. Both are coincidentally Mondays.

So... Going off this without updating the model, it suggests:

-7's respective Amiibo wave will release on the 25th (confirmed)

-7 will be released on or near the 7th or 14th based on which Amiibo wave it corresponds to. Interestingly enough, character releases are typically the first full week of the month or the last week of the month, suggesting the 7th more based on past precedent.

-7's announcement in late August or early September.

... Why do I suddenly feel betrayed by math?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Really? I haven't heard anything about Spyro at all. I've disliked Crash's recent designs, but if I had to choose between the two of them I'd rather not choose the Subway Dragon.
Subway Dragon? Forgive me, but what does that even mean?

T2by4

Smash Lord
I did this predictive model post before Min Min was announced and it was actually fairly accurate. I need to update the numbers later but to using the same averages determined in this earlier model it suggests the following dates as being important for 7:

Amiibo Wave average days between: 80, suggests August 31st (coincidentally a Monday)

Gaps between releases average: 72, suggests September 9th (this is a Wednesday on the first full week of September)

Gaps between announcements average: 95, suggests September 25th (this is Joker and Hero's Amiibo release date)

There's supposed to be Amiibos coming on the 18th and 25th. Using the 11 day average to stay within the month, we get September 7th and September 14th respectively. Both are coincidentally Mondays.

-7 will be released on or near the 7th or 14th based on which Amiibo wave it corresponds to. Interestingly enough, character releases are typically the first full week of the month or the last week of the month, suggesting the 7th more based on past precedent.

>have to wait another month

bros...
1594931571008.png

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Yeah and I think its a pretty stupid rivalry. I am in the Crash fandom and I would say the Crash fandom and the Spyro fandom are one in the same pretty much. The fact that their is rivalry between these two for Smash is crazy imo. Besides, Crash is easily the more likelier between the two, imo

MattX20

Smash Hero

That seems to be where we'll likely see a Sakurai Presents for FP7 is in late August. Your model is basically akin to how Byleth was revealed on the 16th, but released on the 28th of January, a roughly 2 week gap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom