• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just don't dislike the SMTV trailer guys.

Don't take your rage out on the individual videos.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
It's really weird how people are quick to defend Nintendo on this and then say "It's because of the virus" when Sony and Microsoft are doing pretty fine themselves. Can the virus really be used as an excuse for Nintendo?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I hope so. But the Mini Direct implied it was a series. I hope Kelios is not referring to more of these
For what its worth, someone over at the Newcomer thread theorized that what we're getting might be the E3 2020 Direct, just split up into multiple parts. If that's true and what we just got was Part 1, hopefully Part 2 isn't too far off.

Naigumi

Smash Cadet
I want to believe that the point of this "partner showcase series" is getting third-party stuff out of the way so they can make a Direct more focused in first-party stuff in the future..... (I really hope that's the point of it, i still think making the Direct Mini even more mini is a pretty stupid decision to be honest)
But let's see if we have something in the next days, considering there's a maintenance for the eshop for next Monday.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Like mentioned by Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , the Japan Mini really had a bit more games.

EDIT: Japan Mini also has a better Like/Dislike rate than the NA one (yikes).
And the Japanese Smash has globs of more content and info compared to the non-Japanese site. I’m sensing favoritism here but I’m not sure why.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Like mentioned by Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , the Japan Mini really had a bit more games.

And as a result it seems to be a lot better received. Incredibly frustrating that they'll look to the Like ratio on this video and pat themselves on the back for being on the right track.

It's really weird how people are quick to defend Nintendo on this and then say "It's because of the virus" when Sony and Microsoft are doing pretty fine themselves. Can the virus really be used as an excuse for Nintendo?
No, especially when Japan is operating at nearly full capacity.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
For what its worth, someone over at the Newcomer thread theorized that what we're getting might be the E3 2020 Direct, just split up into multiple parts. If that's true and what we just got was Part 1, hopefully Part 2 isn't too far off.
They did say the Direct Minis would be a series. But if it's just the 2020 direct split up and one of those parts has a bunch of cool 1st party stuff, that would be better

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
changed.png
bd2.png

Interesting. If this is true then I would expect something very soon. They're not done here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Shin Megami Tensei V is a pretty big deal though. And a remake of three. Neat!

The Necrodancer is neat.

Rest I don't really care about.
SMT V really is a big deal because it's been vaporware for three and a half goddamn years. I'm also going to type through my current chest pain that SMT coming on the Japanese NSO really was a goddamn hint and it definitely makes the Donkey Kong **** all the more suspect. Also, I'll talk to some people in private about it but the Cadence is a big deal too and points to certain things in the future.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
its also weird how everyone thinks every comany is the same and is affected the same
Do you think Nintendo is just this giant anamoly or something, like they're the one company just completely incapable of announcing stuff right now? These are deliberate choices. They don't want to show what they have for the rest of 2020 right now for some bizarre alien reason even though it's almost August.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
I'm so glad I took a Xanax last night, this is was not worth losing sleep over.

I dont blame Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I know he takes his info seriously, and to me, he's been spot on with his some of his theories, intuition and speculation. Plus he just relays what he hears, whether he knows its good info or not. Fatman, you deserve a day off today.

The ones to blame are Nintendo, the BS "Insiders", and the pandemic. But hey, now I know when gameexplain and Jon say there wont be a smash reveal, holy hell was that true...cheeky ********.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Do you think Nintendo is just this giant anamoly or something, like they're the one company just completely incapable of announcing stuff right now? These are deliberate choices. They don't want to show what they have for the rest of 2020 right now for some bizarre alien reason even though it's almost August.
Won't someone please think of the multi billion dollar corporation :( They're just a small indie studio :(

Bomber57

Smash Cadet

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Ironically, the one game I'm looking forward to most that was previously announced was Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, which was actually shown in the Japanese Mini. I think the Cadence of Hyrule was a neat announcement, but that wrestling game, for me, was comically bad. XD

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
That is easily the most disappointing direct I've ever seen. No wonder they announced it at midnight.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

domriver

Smash Lord
That was worse than getting nothing.
LOL
I literally held my thumb on the bar and just moved it through the video. Wasn’t interested in any of that.
I didnt catch the livestream. WHen i saw the video now on youtube i moved thru the entire WW segment.

My thoughts:
Well it was not even 10 minutes it was 8 LOL
Cadence was okay/good. Seems cool.
Shin - I understand thats a big series. Im glad for those who really enjoyed it. However, this series is not for me. So i personally did not care for it.
I hope Nintendo has more and LONGER directs than this AND with INFORMATION WE NEED BAYONETTA 3 ( an update would be appreciative) As well with METROID PRIME 4 ( ill be satisfied with an update status)
So yeah. :) Seems insiders are confidant more are to come. I suppose lets ride this week see what happens. ugh.... again.

Monokarhu

Smash Cadet
Can't wait for Nintendo Direct Mini Partner Showcase 2: 5-Minute Boogaloo in late October. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get a tiny glimpse of the next Fire Emblem character's scabbard.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure COVID is still messing with Nintendo. It’s very possible they aren’t announcing games until they have a clear set release date. There’s a reason why we didn’t get Paper Mario announced until two months before it released. Point is, Nintendo won’t delay games from their release dates unless something really awry happens, and even then they make a video on it, like MP4. It’s easier to change dates for games too when you haven’t even announced them yet.

Firox

Smash Master
Weird how literally every OTHER company is doing fine with this virus
This. THIS!!!! The competition has been plowing forward, virus or not. At this point it really feels like Nintendo is just scapegoating the situation to excuse their piss poor lineup this year. Proof of this is how they're handling the marketing. I'm sorry, even if the virus has heavily impacted their games development, that's no excuse for unveiling today's **** show as a "direct". It's obvious that they are tone deaf as all hell and their apathy for the tidal wave of dislikes their videos get is proof.

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
SMT V really is a big deal because it's been vaporware for three and a half goddamn years. I'm also going to type through my current chest pain that SMT coming on the Japanese NSO really was a goddamn hint and it definitely makes the Donkey Kong **** all the more suspect. Also, I'll talk to some people in private about it but the Cadence is a big deal too and points to certain things in the future.
That makes me kinda worried tbh because Retro is working on Metroid Prime 4 and after Tropical Freeze I really don't want a new DKC if it's not made by Retro

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
My first N64 game was WWF War Zone. The last Switch game I see before I cryogenically freeze myself for a year is some dumb chibi WWE wrestling game. What delightful symmetry, we've come full circle

herpderp06

Smash Rookie
I came in with literally zero expectations, and was still dissapointed. Besides SMT everything else was shovelware. They could have revealed everything individually and it would have had the same effect. This direct felt like a "okay we gave you a direct now shut up" from nintendo. Its already July and they have virtually revealed nothing for the rest of the year. Personally, this feels like a new low for Nintendo in my opinion, and HOPEFULLY we can get something in August.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I don’t condone giving these guys a hard time, they leaked the date and were right. It’ll be sad if we don’t get some news in the future since they do a better job communicating than Nintendo.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
See the annoying thing is I'm not even super mad at the presentation itself. It's really nice for Nintendo to give SMT a giant spotlight.

What I'm mad about is Nintendo's lack of first party releases for the rest of the year, and the implication that this is the format going forward, all we get for who knows how long is a third party showcase each month (the fact they called it July 2020 says a lot) and Nintendo is just going to shadowdrop literally every game on twitter 2 months before release. Is the marketing team actually this tone deaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom