• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
With less than an hour to go, let's just hope we at least get something substantial out of all of this chaos
Same. If the only good thing we get is Master Chief Collection is more than enough by me. If there's a Mario Direct, I would prefer if Geno was revealed there and not today, but wouldn't mind having it earlier.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If that tittle is Breath of The Wild 2, that will be just fine for investors concidering how that will sell...
I'd actually be horrified if BotW2 came out this year. A giant name like that, acknowledged once at E3 last year and then literally nothing after that. They felt that despite the potential of coming out this year that they should be quiet about it? Are they not confident in it?

ITS ZELDA, NINTENDO. Considering their currently nonexistent holiday line-up, they should have been marketing and advertising the hell out of BotW2 if it actually is for this year. I can't believe that this is the same company that gave a release date to Majora's Mask, found it was the same day as the PS2 launch and said 'Screw it. Let's go, Sony.'

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Obviously I'm pretty mad and if I could piss lightning bolts DIRECTLY into Furukawa's ear canal, I ****in' would BUT I'm still adamant about good news coming. As I've talked about in the past, dates are a ***** to get down and why I usually don't bother. Basically a lot of people were led to believe that today would be THE Direct and a lot of people are fuming, even people who get paid to do this. There's obviously a misunderstanding and you can't have virtually everyone with insider info saying something substantial is coming soon and then literally all of them be totally wrong. Getting an exact date wrong is one thing, getting literally months of info that a whole sprawling network of people have heard is quite another.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I'd actually be horrified if BotW2 came out this year. A giant name like that, acknowledged once at E3 last year and then literally nothing after that. They felt that despite the potential of coming out this year that they should be quiet about it? Are they not confident in it?

ITS ZELDA, NINTENDO. Considering their currently nonexistent holiday line-up, they should have been marketing and advertising the hell out of BotW2 if it actually is for this year. I can't believe that this is the same company that gave a release date to Majora's Mask, found it was the same day as the PS2 launch and said 'Screw it. Let's go, Sony.'
Come on, it might be something good this mini even if the "reveal" was rather anti-climatic

CB Johnny

Smash Rookie
I will say that I'm excited regardless because I think this might be the Direct we'd hear about that The House of the Dead 1 & 2 remake. Definitely. Probably..... maybe.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Obviously I'm pretty mad and if I could piss lightning bolts DIRECTLY into Furukawa's ear canal, I ****in' would BUT I'm still adamant about good news coming. As I've talked about in the past, dates are a ***** to get down and why I usually don't bother. Basically a lot of people were led to believe that today would be THE Direct and a lot of people are fuming, even people who get paid to do this. There's obviously a misunderstanding and you can't have virtually everyone with insider info saying something substantial is coming soon and then literally all of them be totally wrong. Getting an exact date wrong is one thing, getting literally months of info that a whole sprawling network of people have heard is quite another.
Yeah, and people are more desperate for good news/any new games worth talking about this year because of well...everything. I just hope for our sake we get at least one worthwhile bit of information for our collective sanity. Nothing like that Pokemon Unite crap

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I understand people's frustrations, and maybe it's not the right choice, but I've enjoyed Nintendo and Nintendo games all the way back to NES days, and have no reason not to think they won't continue to put out good products. Information is a little thin these days, sure, but given everything in the world right now, I would expect operations to be a bit different. I have no reason not to trust Nintendo to continue to make good games, and if it means I'll have some extra time to go through a backlog of games I have at home, so be it.

I'm not going into today's Mini Direct expecting too much, but at the same time there's too much rumbling among people to think that this is the only bit of info we're getting for months. Whether it's individual shadowdropped trailers later or another Direct / Mini with 1st Party stuff, there has to be something else coming.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Maybe this will help people grow a sense of empathy but let me share a message my wife just sent me:

Screenshot_20200720-082227~2.png

Isn't WONDERFUL that I have to unironically explain to people that I'm actually a human being and not some floating evil Popeye head overlord who will literally die if I don't lie to people on a basis daily? Isn't it COOL that my wife can literally see the stress this causes me some days and basically the second time in 8 months my wife has asked me to consider dropping the Smash community, something I've been a part of for 15 years, entirely because of it? I just want people to have hope and use what I know to help with that, especially with how monumentally ****ty things are right now. This isn't civil rights. This isn't a political movement. This is "hey man, things suck right now but, uh, there's some really cool stuff in the pipeline from Nintendo so don't get too bummed out." That's literally it. If it was more, I would have my own Twitter, YouTube channel, Patreon, and probably sell ****in' cheeky merch but I don't and I wish people would understand that. This is about keeping a 15 year promise to this community and myself that, no matter how dire things look, I will not quit, I will not be chased off the internet over sticking to my guns about Geno.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Kelios was asked about another Direct and this is what they said
Screenshot_20200720-083040.png

Not going to get my expectations extremely high after last night, but I'm hopeful Nintendo will have something else soon

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
There’s still likely to be some good news coming out of this Direct, however short it may be. Even if it’s not what we were hoping for necessarily doesn’t mean that Nintendo’s jumped the shark or that it’s a waste of a Micro Direct. Of course, it absolutely could end up being that, but without actually seeing what it is yet we simply don’t know.

One thing I do want to just make a quick note on is that nowhere has NoA or NoE made a comment on how long the Direct will be. I know that NoJ said 10 minutes, but to my recollection (And correct next if I’m wrong) Directs have always been date-and-timed on NoA when announced. So the fact that the only place we have a time is coming from Japan is interesting. I don’t know that I believe the theory presented earlier that the American Direct is going to be longer than the Japan one because it’s maybe showing off different things, but the lack of a specific time definitely makes it feel like not everything is as it seems.

But we have 20 minutes to go regardless, so for better or for worse, we’ll know what this Direct holds very soon.

Also, a side note, but does anybody have the data on how long it’s historically taken for a character reveal to take place after the NEW signs were taken down? IIRC it’s ~2 weeks, so that would line up more with next week for a character reveal, but I could be crossing wires and thinking of something different so I want to defer to more knowledge users.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman

Here is a little something to see.
Man, even Nintendo moved on to the episodic game approach lol
Can someone send me a link? :)
It will be a video, so no links before releasing. Go to the Youtube channel and refresh the page in 15 minutes (or watch someone who's livestreaming)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Maybe this will help people grow a sense of empathy but let me share a message my wife just sent me:

View attachment 279425

Isn't WONDERFUL that I have to unironically explain to people that I'm actually a human being and not some floating evil Popeye head overlord who will literally die if I don't lie to people on a basis daily? Isn't it COOL that my wife can literally see the stress this causes me some days and basically the second time in 8 months my wife has asked me to consider dropping the Smash community, something I've been a part of for 15 years, entirely because of it? I just want people to have hope and use what I know to help with that, especially with how monumentally ****ty things are right now. This isn't civil rights. This isn't a political movement. This is "hey man, things suck right now but, uh, there's some really cool stuff in the pipeline from Nintendo so don't get too bummed out." That's literally it. If it was more, I would have my own Twitter, YouTube channel, Patreon, and probably sell ****in' cheeky merch but I don't and I wish people would understand that. This is about keeping a 15 year promise to this community and myself that, no matter how dire things look, I will not quit, I will not be chased off the internet over sticking to my guns about Geno.
You're a good dude, Fatman. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Those people taking out their frustrations on you are wrong for doing so. I might disagree with your theories sometimes, but you've got a good head on your shoulders.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Okay so obviously im not really expecting much now, but yesterday i had this idea for a hype meme but i wasnt originally going to make it since im not expecting a reveal now, but i made it anyways cuz i just liked the idea, anyways, here it is:

all might geno.png

Firox

Smash Master
If you think the other two dudes use all of their Ip´s to the best of their abilities, ya wrong. Hard to please all the fans
I never said they did, but they do a hell of a lot better job bringing the hype and at least their marketing teams have more than two brain cells to rub together.

QQS

Smash Lord
Maybe a little CGI with no gameplay of #7 and some Zelda/Mario news. Please something!

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
my stupid, burned ass crawling back to the geno thread for but a crumb of speculation and rumors that tell me what what I want because I'm both too burned out to function and too desperate for validation

D

Deleted member

No Smash. Shin Megami tensei 5 showed up though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
yep, all in all this feels more like them just putting some small news outside of shin megami tensei 5.
The fact Nintendo didn't even try to hype it and just uploaded the thing makes it apparant to me they didn't really see it worth it either.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
It just begs the question of why this has to be a series and not have all of it edited together into one or two videos at most

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
Looks like Nintendo will be stringing us along for the rest of the year with shadowdropped 8 to 10 minute presentations.

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
I came here for the salt

For most people (especially geno fans) that is a meaningless direct. But I really like Necrodancer so I was pretty chuffed about that part. The rest, though......... >_>

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
The Cadence of Hyrule stuff looks good at least. Still not near enough information to not piss off a ton of people. No idea why they are going to try and drip feed us info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom