• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think Fatman lied intentionally. But I do think he was really confident on information that ended up being wrong (at least it seems that way).

I've been in the leak game. I know that happens. Just always take this stuff with a grain of salt, okay Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
This was warned for flaming and harassment content. While the staff understands that tensions are high, this sort of response is not appropriate. Please report any questionable posts and the staff will make sure to address them appropriately. - Venus
Should someone get out the stupid copy paste he made of himself in Nightmare Before Christmas lyrics calling himself a "leakmaster" or some ****, or do you want to save yourself the secondhand embarrassment.

The dude just wants to pretend to be your savior or some nonsense until Geno eventually gets in and he can pretend he carried you all there on his shoulders. If Geno doesn't get in Fatman will probably just run away and never come back, after he'll have no excuses left for stringing you all along on his treasure hunt for fool's gold.

I say this out of genuine care for all of you Geno fans. Please come to your senses and realize Fatmanonice is a complete sham. It will save you a lot of hassle and pain.
And I'll say this to you and anyone else who makes posts like this: Shut the **** up and quit your asinine moral***ging. Fatman's not my daddy, I don't give two ****s if he ends up making a buffoon of himself or not, and I don't base everything I do or believe around what he says. Believe it or not, I'm a grown-ass man, whose perfectly capable of managing my own expectations. I don't need some uppity bellend coming over and attempting to do that for me. Thank you.

Oh, so it's even worse. He'll continue to fool you all, and still won't leave, even after all the disappointment and putting you all on some merry go round of nonsense, lies, and deception.
Holy ****, how could you unironically type something like that out without cringing yourself into an early grave? And how the **** can one random **** live so rent free in your head that you're paying him rent? Oh my god.

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon
So i guess i might as well leave my take here. I'm not expecting anything good, the chances of a smash reveal happening is almost slim to nothing in my eyes, however it's still possible and we will just have to see and another thing to note imma keep my expectations SUPER low on this and it hopefully might bring something for at least a good portion of us to be excited about but for now (as much I didn't want to say it for later) hype responsibly.

D0ct0r

Smash Cadet
See, this is why I always go into things expecting absolutely nothing. Not even phased by this news. The Grinch taught me that one.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna drop one more before I call it a night, and it isn't anything productive and it won't help at all, but:

If you come here to give Fatman **** for posting what he's heard and just trying to keep morale high, I better see receipts of you giving NateDrake, HGV69, Zippo, and whatever other character you follow in this leak game a whole ton of **** because every one of these people has been deceived, swindled and outright bamboozled by Nintendo this year. If you're rolling into this thread just to **** on ol' Fatmanonice for doing what the rest of these folks are doing, and you're doing it exclusively to him because "haha Geno fan get dunked on" you can **** right off.

There's human beings on the other end of the screen.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I´m laughing that this might even be considered a positive foresight of the monday´s direct at this point.

Well, aside from the hazing of a particular bull**** optimistic user in this thread and natedrake losing his **** on resetera. We should speculate on the possible direct contents with REALISTIC expectations:
RogueCompany is one of them. Doom eternal release date is another.
Possible; SMT v. We need at least one niche exciting announcement. My bet is on this one. Haven´t heard **** from Atlus on this title.
Not betting on Kamiya´s Bayo cause he´s probably still busy.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I´m laughing that this might even be considered a positive foresight of the monday´s direct at this point.

Well, aside from the hazing of a particular bull**** optimistic user in this thread and natedrake losing his **** on resetera. We should speculate on the possible direct contents with REALISTIC expectations:
RogueCompany is one of them. Doom eternal release date is another.
Possible; SMT v. We need at least one niche exciting announcement. My bet is on this one. Haven´t heard **** from Atlus on this title.
Not betting on Kamiya´s Bayo cause he´s probably still busy.
What do you mean Nate Drake losing his ****?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
SMTV is a meme, it never truly existed. Atlus just made it up to convince SMT fans that Persona V's success didn't kill the SMT franchise.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
View attachment 279395
So on resetera, Nate Drake had this to say about the direct... looks like we're in for a hell of a time, and not a good one at that
What do you mean Nate Drake losing his ****?
He´s probably referring to the game development quote. They´re really trying to put tape on those big boat holes that Nintendo has.
I´m still laughing, Nintendo never brings the big guns when the other two console guys are doing their thing. It´s a thing they do. They don´t act like that. They´re on their own corner doing their thing. Stubborn as always

Firox

Smash Master
Gotta say, I find it beyond annoying as all hell that after 7 months of ****ing around, Nintendo bequeaths us with a 10 minute mini direct that will likely not feature anything of real value. Hot damn, I hate Nintendo. If only the best IPs in gaming weren't held hostage by such a pack of idiots....

Sorry for the rant, but my expectations are pretty gutter-bound right now. Let's hope we're pleasantly surprised.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just really don't understand how Nintendo can't throw together SOMETHING to show people that there's a reason to invest their time in Switch beyond DLC for Smash, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon.

Like....are we really just gonna have a DLC machine for the rest of 2020? Cause it's kind of frustrating. Like you can't sell a system for the holidays if you're relying on a game from earlier in 2020, one from 2018, and two from 2019. You have to have some kind of killer app to round out the year especially for the Switch of all things. It's not like your struggling like you were during the Wii U years anymore.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think Fatman lied intentionally. But I do think he was really confident on information that ended up being wrong (at least it seems that way).

I've been in the leak game. I know that happens. Just always take this stuff with a grain of salt, okay Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ?
If the answer is to be meek and wishy-washy about everything, why bother? Sometimes you just have to pull the damn lever. Confidence is not a crime, especially given the circumstances. You had all these people say it would be worthwhile upfront and god knows how many people backing them up and peoples' conclusion is that I lied? Isn't that a bit obtuse?

Powerman293

Smash Ace
If I was Nate, I'd be crapping my pants right now. Imagine building your whole ego and reputation on being correct and now you're severely wrong.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Gotta say, I find it beyond annoying as all hell that after 7 months of ****ing around, Nintendo bequeaths us with a 10 minute mini direct that will likely not feature anything of real value. Hot damn, I hate Nintendo. If only the best IPs in gaming weren't held hostage by such a pack of idiots....

Sorry for the rant, but my expectations are pretty gutter-bound right now. Let's hope we're pleasantly surprised.
If you think the other two dudes use all of their Ip´s to the best of their abilities, ya wrong. Hard to please all the fans.
I just really don't understand how Nintendo can't throw together SOMETHING to show people that there's a reason to invest their time in Switch beyond DLC for Smash, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon.

Like....are we really just gonna have a DLC machine for the rest of 2020? Cause it's kind of frustrating. Like you can't sell a system for the holidays if you're relying on a game from earlier in 2020, one from 2018, and two from 2019. You have to have some kind of killer app to round out the year especially for the Switch of all things. It's not likely your struggling like you were during the Wii U years anymore.
Man, if I had a dollar for every Nintendo console that had the best games all of the time, I would have two dollars. Nintendo has always struggled,since N64.
They don´t have a robust quality third party content. That´s why their first party content was always great, things declined with the Wii and haven´t recovered. That doesn´t mean that they don´t make, masterpieces games but that they have a flakey quality release schedules. Doesn´t help that the BigC19 is still out there. 2017 and 2018 were ODD years in the way that they just churned out content like if it was popcorn.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m just gonna hope for something good this week. If Nintendo seriously just bamboozled everyone, even their own investors and likely their own employees and ambassadors considering how some insiders get info, I’m just gonna expect nothing until September or even 2021. Hopefully the Mario 3D remasters and Pikmin 3 Deluxe etc. would still be credible by then.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I cant believe there was a time when I thought BotW2 was gonna be this year's holiday title lmao

MisterMike

Smash Champion
TFW your spinoff is better than your mainline game (this also applies to puyo puyo)
Yeah, Puyo Puyo killed Tetris so badly, there's no way we'll get another one at this rate. :ultpacman:

I cant believe there was a time when I thought BotW2 was gonna be this year's holiday title lmao
I can't believe there was a time anyone thought a game we've heard next to nothing about would be released holiday 2020.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Was it officially announced that it’s going to be 10min long? Keep on hearing that rough time frame tossed around.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
If the answer is to be meek and wishy-washy about everything, why bother? Sometimes you just have to pull the damn lever. Confidence is not a crime, especially given the circumstances. You had all these people say it would be worthwhile upfront and god knows how many people backing them up and peoples' conclusion is that I lied? Isn't that a bit obtuse?
So then, fatman, what would you say is the most likely situation now? Do we still have reason to be hopeful beyond this mini that the things you were excited for are still happening, or has this taken a sledgehammer to everything? I would just like to know your thoughts if this mini is as bad as they say it'll be. Not hating on you.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Confidence isn't a crime.

But pride goes before the fall.

The more confident you are on something that doesn't happen, the worse the reaction will be.

I'm not gonna argue if its right. It just happens.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
You guys aimed for the moon in an airplane when the world is in a huge fog, what did ya expect?
The ice broke and now the fatman is having a cold shower.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
One more point on the whole Fatman thing and I'm done. People really think Fatman is misleading the thread because he thinks Geno is in? That's he's the ENTIRE REASON we think Geno is coming? Listen, Polarthief Polarthief has a god damn list made of all the "evidence" this thread thinks could potentially point to Geno being in Smash. None of that evidence or theorycrafting comes explicitally from Fatman claims of being an insider. None of it. Not the missing Mii Costumes, the copyrighted songs, the mii costume list, the Legacy C&D, Sakurai/Nintendo's clear awknowledgment of Geno's popularity, the fact Nintendo seems to be making mario a big deal this year, the notion that Square doesn't seem to be done with Smash, plus a bunch of other stuff? All of it would still exist and be seen as just as plausible in the thread with or without him. Our confidence in Geno doesn't stem from following one persons speculation, it comes from everything that's come up over the last year and this shared confidence it means good things for us.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
One more thing on the whole Fatman thing and I'm done. People really think Fatman is misleading the thread because he thinks Geno is in? That's he's the ENTIRE REASON we think Geno is coming? Listen, Polarthief Polarthief has a god damn list made of all the "evidence" this thread thinks could potentially point to Geno being in Smash. None of that evidence or theorycrafting comes explicitally from Fatman claims of being an insider. None of it. Not the missing Mii Costumes, the copyrighted songs, the mii costume list, the Legacy C&D, Sakurai/Nintendo's clear awknowledgment of Geno's popularity, the fact Nintendo seems to be making mario a big deal this year, the notion that Square doesn't seem to be done with Smash, plus a bunch of other stuff? All of it would still exist and be seen as just as plausible in the thread with or without him. Our confidence in Geno doesn't stem from following one persons speculation, it comes from everything that's come up over the last year and this shared confidence it means good things for us.
Don’t forget the last solid evidence for a Playable Geno: base game spirits do NOT deconfirm :)

link2702

Smash Champion
I see **** hit the fan in a big way...

I'm actually kinda relieved, since I work tomorrow it means nothing to worry myself over now, no smash news, probably no news of anything I'm deeply interested in.

It does suck as so many started to get hyped, but just move on.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You guys aimed for the moon in an airplane when the world is in a huge fog, what did ya expect?
The ice broke and now the fatman is having a cold shower.
Again, this wasn't just a bunch of random people nodding their heads in agreement. This was industry professionals and they were doing it for the entire month. We all watched it play out. This isn't a "Fatman thing", this is a "everybody noteworthy in Nintendo Speculation" thing.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Y'all need to take a chill pills.
Plan changes, but on this one, I'm willing to believe Fatman, Kelios and others.
Some games are way too close to release that if there no direct, then we're getting a "Twitter direct" of announcements, like for Paper Mario. There one game in peculiar that is either Twitter announcement, summer direct announcement before it's release or coco-chan ****ed up Nintendo beyond repair and took their braincells too.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Well, things certainly took a turn in the two hours since I was last online.

Most of my thoughts on the upcoming Partners Mini have already been said by others in the thread. The one thing I will say is that I'm disappointed in Nintendo's complete lack of communication. This is the kind of stuff I've grown to expect from companies like Valve and people like George R.R. Martin, but not Nintendo. I'll still go into tomorrow morning with an open mind (albeit a much less optimistic mind), but their complete radio silence since the March Direct has been quite the letdown. Obviously the lack of new content this year can be excused due to the pandemic and everything, but what is harder to excuse is them not communicating that properly, instead of saying "everything is still on track this year" and, if NateDrake is telling the truth, lying to their investors about this upcoming Direct.

But as I said in my last comment, despite the current situation there is still much hope for Geno, be that as Challenger Pack 7, or one of the other four remaining. It might feel like the rug has been pulled out from under you, but until we see that Challenger Pack 11 trailer, there's still hope for the blue puppet boi.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Again, this wasn't just a bunch of random people nodding their heads in agreement. This was industry professionals and they were doing it for the entire month. We all watched it play out. This isn't a "Fatman thing", this is a "everybody noteworthy in Nintendo Speculation" thing.
Again, I think what happened here is that they heard a direct was happening and just rationally assumed that Nintendo had to reveal stuff there, I mean they have no upcoming games, rumors have been floating around for like a year, something has to give right? But nope, it kinda blew up in thier face, you can see how Nate is reacting right now that he's completely flabbergasted at Nintendo just like the rest of us.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Again, I think what happened here is that they heard a direct was happening and just rationally assumed that Nintendo had to reveal stuff there
It's a bit of that. But also another being that there stuff "Direct worthy" supposedly releasing soon, so we expected them to be featured in a direct.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Man everything just came back to hit everyone on the head like a ****ing boomerang. We were all getting super pumped for a direct, we got one announced, but everything about the description screams "not worth the wait". Whatever, I'm going to bed.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Grinch in 2018 taught us to not believe image leaks.
Sabi in 2019 taught us to not believe randos on twitter even if they got things right in the past.
Nintendo in 2020 taught us to not believe in industry professionals when they hype something up.

What a ride the past 2-3 years has been.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The funny thing is ya'll can be upset at Nintendo, ya'll can be upset at what may or may not go down, but for the love of god ya'll forget while ya'll are keyboard warrioring it up that all these insiders and people like Fatman are just that....people.

Ya'll come at them so hard for no real reason than to have a scapegoat and it doesn't make you cool. It makes you the opposite of that. Just chill out, relax, and know that anything that does or does not go unannounced isn't on them.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
One more point on the whole Fatman thing and I'm done. People really think Fatman is misleading the thread because he thinks Geno is in? That's he's the ENTIRE REASON we think Geno is coming? Listen, Polarthief Polarthief has a god damn list made of all the "evidence" this thread thinks could potentially point to Geno being in Smash. None of that evidence or theorycrafting comes explicitally from Fatman claims of being an insider. None of it. Not the missing Mii Costumes, the copyrighted songs, the mii costume list, the Legacy C&D, Sakurai/Nintendo's clear awknowledgment of Geno's popularity, the fact Nintendo seems to be making mario a big deal this year, the notion that Square doesn't seem to be done with Smash, plus a bunch of other stuff? All of it would still exist and be seen as just as plausible in the thread with or without him. Our confidence in Geno doesn't stem from following one persons speculation, it comes from everything that's come up over the last year and this shared confidence it means good things for us.
This too; while I believe Fatman is definitely being truthful, just that not everything he’s heard may be right (which I’m pretty sure he’s outright acknowledged this himself before), and of course his theories may end up wrong (him also acknowledging this, and really he shouldn’t have to), but everyone understands what speculation is - most of the Geno evidence doesn’t come from him with a few things just being shared by him with evidence even (like the mii costume leak). The people who use this argument already show themselves to be people who don’t know what the heck they’re talking about regarding him nor us. People don’t have to be so rude and everything about it anyway, I mean good gosh they’re still human beings and y’all people attacking them know nothing about their intentions...

Y'all need to take a chill pills.
Plan changes, but on this one, I'm willing to believe Fatman, Kelios and others.
Some games are way too close to release that if there no direct, then we're getting a "Twitter direct" of announcements, like for Paper Mario. There one game in peculiar that is either Twitter announcement, summer direct announcement before it's release or coco-chan ****ed up Nintendo beyond repair and took their braincells too.
A twitter direct sounds good. Spoilers kinda suck but I wouldn’t mind much, personally, and the Paper Mario TOK announcement was fun.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think it’s just...people knew about the Direct, people know about hype stuff and so, people assumed there would be hype stuff at the Direct. Doesn’t mean the hype stuff isn’t coming

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
oh for sure, the thing is that i"m not gonna go make an account in resetera and tell natedrake to be more realistic and balanced on their speculative assertions.
I'm not going to call you a liar because I'm sure you do have some info, but it's highly probable that Nintendo changed plans.

QQS

Smash Lord
Maybe it will be a video of Sakurai dressed as Gaz in his living room playing with a Geno doll and doing the Super Duper...Custom, Patented, One and Only...SHOOTING STAR SHOT!! to the impostor fake Geno in the Sm4sh Mii Costume. Then appears the screen art: Geno Awakens! and the first minute of gameplay with a remixed Forest Maze made by Yoko Shimomura herself, to finish with Armed Boss remixed also by her. End of the trailer Geno Flash summoning Mallow assisting with Star Rain and throwing the Mii Costume to the window of Sakurai’s house. Last 5 seconds Sakurai playing SMRPG handheld on Switch with a Geno Hat on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom