• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • After 200 fabled years, the Direct has arrived. Our hunger shall last no more.
  • But it's a Mini
Oh okay. I'm sure they'll have some good stuff anyways.
  • It won't have information on unreleased games
...Really? Well, I guess there's always Smash.
  • It's 10 Minutes long
Visual of my hype levels:

You know what, I actually needed an excuse to get some sleep. Thanks Big N. (Salutes)

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Yeah I was wondering that too. Again, it could be because of the pandemic, but it seems like Directs have been getting less and less frequent.

I seriously don't get what's wrong with Directs though. I genuinely can't think of a better way to announce things to your customers. Hell, other companies have started copying the Direct format because its so successful. They have people literally begging Nintendo to release gigantic commercials to advertise to them. How do you do better than that?
Maybe Nintendo doesn't like the reputation it gives them of having a ravenous fanbase constantly asking for one? And that by being so far ahead of the curve of other companies, it has allowed them to see this effect become more and more prominent over the years?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
People sure are desperate to tear into Fatman despite all the evidence pointing to him being legit.

He was just wrong about Monday. So was literally every other insider. Even if he somehow was a sociopathic liar, this is a hilariously bad example for y’all to use. If y’all want to prove he’s chasing clout, come back with some real evidence instead of relying on past stuff that ended up in his favor, including Sabi being outed as a scumbag like Fatman tried to warn everyone about months ago. Not to mention people who were in Sabi’s circle with him still seeing him (Fatman) as a good friend.

Now, maybe because of people hearing stuff, they got the date wrong but there’s perhaps something else this week.

-For the record, I 100% trust in Fatman. There’s literally nothing going against him, and there’s proof Sabi did him dirty. Like how Sabi said he could share Lloyd info or something and so he did, only for Sabi to turn around and say nope. Fatman and others even made a document about stuff Sabi has done before that more recent one. Even that Burd dude, whom people were cheering on to take Fatman down, implied the stuff Fatman was saying was from the discord was all true even if the info wasn’t right, and he even came to an understanding with Fatman. I am so tired of all these desperate fricks who think they know everything trying to tear an innocent man down.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I just want to say this, before I go to sleep: let’s calm down and not be short-sighted in all of this. Remember that we don’t actually know what happens next, so be respectful here and don’t go throwing darts at each other, okay?
Proceeds to wake up with all threads being on fire

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I mean honestly we are all more mad at Nintendo than anyone else right now. Rumors or not, they have really only announced ONE big game this year that wasn't a remake, which was Origami King (and if you look what thread we are in, you might realize most of the people in here probably aren't a fan of the new style of Paper Mario), which has already released. It is bonkers to me that Sony and Microsoft are both entirely capable of holding giant E3 level digital showcases, while Nintendo, who has been doing them for SEVEN YEARS has done the bare minimum for drip feeding to the point where they have zero announced releases for the rest of the year. Complete insanity.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
People sure are desperate to tear into Fatman despite all the evidence pointing to him being legit.

He was just wrong about Monday. So was literally every other insider. Even if he somehow was a sociopathic liar, this is a hilariously bad example for y’all to use. If y’all want to prove he’s chasing clout, come back with some real evidence instead of relying on past stuff that ended up in his favor, including Sabi being outed as a scumbag like Fatman tried to warn everyone about months ago. Not to mention people who were in Sabi’s circle with him still seeing him as a good friend.

Now, maybe because of people hearing stuff, they got the date wrong but there’s perhaps something else this week.
Also, let’s say your an insider who has information that suggests a lot of exciting Nintendo announcements are happening soon, and a Direct is happening tomorrow. Wouldn’t you say to be excited for the Direct too? It’s not that much of a logical leap to assume the announcements would be announced during that Direct.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Yeah the way this was worded is abysmal. It sounds like they're trying to tell people not to get their hopes up, but its worded so strangely that I can't even tell. I mean doesn't EVERY direct have games from 1st and 3rd parties? Why is this one different?
Unlike the other Minis, this one was set to M for Mini. :ultpacman:

• After 200 fabled years, the Direct has arrived. Our hunger shall last no more.
  • But it's a Mini
Oh okay. I'm sure they'll have some good stuff anyways.
  • It won't have information on unreleased games
...Really? Well, I guess there's always Smash.
  • It's 10 Minutes long
Visual of my hype levels:

You know what, I actually needed an excuse to get some sleep. Thanks Big N. (Salutes)
How long do you think Smash trailers are?

Gee, it really sucks being a Nintendo fan right now huh?
It really suck to be right now.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Well, see you all later. Going to try and hold on to that tiny spec of hope that we will at least see one cool thing here

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I mean honestly we are all more mad at Nintendo than anyone else right now. Rumors or not, they have really only announced ONE big game this year that wasn't a remake, which was Origami King (and if you look what thread we are in, you might realize most of the people in here probably aren't a fan of the new style of Paper Mario), which has already released. It is bonkers to me that Sony and Microsoft are both entirely capable of holding giant E3 level digital showcases, while Nintendo, who has been doing them for SEVEN YEARS has done the bare minimum for drip feeding to the point where they have zero announced releases for the rest of the year. Complete insanity.
You hit the nail right on the head. Something isn't right with Nintendo right now and its sad to see, especially since they've been doing so well.
Yes there is a pandemic going on. Yes it probably affected development and marketing. But the other major game companies have managed to keep things together with Sony's big E3-esque showcase being fantastic and Microsoft doing one of their own in a few days. Nintendo didn't have anything of the sort, and that's in addition to having no major directs in almost a year.
I don't know what's going on, but it hasn't been a great year to be a Nintendo fan. Unless there's some sort of miracle tomorrow, I'm really starting to think they just won't have a holiday game this year. I don't get how you can have insanely good years like 2017, and then have years like 2020. What happened?

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Yea, I'm gonna hit the sack, this is the most perfect definition of a "bruh moment" I've ever seen, good on you Nintendo.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Chill and wait. Thats all we can do. Kelos was right and so was Zippo. If they said mario games were coming, they're coming. The question is how soon after this.

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
Nobody should be thinking for even a moment about Smash. I took a lot of fire earlier for being realistic. My take? Simply expect nothing new, and be surprised if there's anything at all to be excited about. Other than ripping and tearing that is.

Last edited:

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Chill and wait. Thats all we can do. Kelos was right and so was Zippo. If they said mario games were coming, they're coming. The question is how soon after this.
Kelos also said it wasn't gonna be a mini direct. And if there are no first party announcements tomorrow (Which I suspect, but I'll wait till it happens to hound on him I guess) then he'll be wrong about that too.

D

Deleted member

Unlike the other Minis, this one was set to M for Mini. :ultpacman:

How long do you think Smash trailers are?

It really suck to be right now.
Smash trailers are usually about 2-3 minutes long. The only way I could see them fit a Smash reveal is to only show Geno’s render and announce a release date under 1 minute.

QQS

Smash Lord
C’mon people, let’s get the show on the road.

Best case: At the end we get a CGI reveal with no actual gameplay of #7. (Even better case: Geno as #7).

Worst case: not a single Smash DLC news (Even worst case: Not even new trailers of other mega upcoming games like Breath 2.0, Mario Collection or Metroid/DK related).

Middle case: We get a date for an official Nintendo General Direct or Smash Direct coming soon in August.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Should someone get out the stupid copy paste he made of himself in Nightmare Before Christmas lyrics calling himself a "leakmaster" or some ****, or do you want to save yourself the secondhand embarrassment.

The dude just wants to pretend to be your savior or some nonsense until Geno eventually gets in and he can pretend he carried you all there on his shoulders. If Geno doesn't get in Fatman will probably just run away and never come back, after he'll have no excuses left for stringing you all along on his treasure hunt for fool's gold.

I say this out of genuine care for all of you Geno fans. Please come to your senses and realize Fatmanonice is a complete sham. It will save you a lot of hassle and pain.
Never come back? Dude, he's been here since '05. I'm sorry, i'm not gonna sit here and read your **** talking about a person you know nothing about in a fabase who's community you know nothing about. Fatman has talked with several people in the past.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Well, there goes 2 minutes of the direct.

View attachment 279392

Seriously people, just accept that the insiders were blatantly wrong on this.
Well, there goes two minutes of a crappy direct

He was just wrong about Monday. So was literally every other insider. Even if he somehow was a sociopathic liar, this is a hilariously bad example for y’all to use. If y’all want to prove he’s chasing clout, come back with some real evidence instead of relying on past stuff that ended up in his favor, including Sabi being outed as a scumbag like Fatman tried to warn everyone about months ago. Not to mention people who were in Sabi’s circle with him still seeing him (Fatman) as a good friend.

-For the record, I 100% trust in Fatman. There’s literally nothing going against him, and there’s proof Sabi did him dirty. Like how Sabi said he could share Lloyd info or something and so he did, only for Sabi to turn around and say nope. Fatman and others even made a document about stuff Sabi has done before that more recent one. Even that Burd dude, whom people were cheering on to take Fatman down, implied the stuff Fatman was saying was from the discord was all true even if the info wasn’t right, and he even came to an understanding with Fatman. I am so tired of all these desperate fricks who think they know everything trying to tear an innocent man down.
Yeah, like I do want to blame him but there´s also like 6 or 7 other guys who might have gotten this **** WRONG. But we can´t do it yet. It has to be after the direct. We don´t know what´s in the box. At least we know now that there´s one pair of socks.

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
This post was warning for flaming and harassment behavior. If this continues, harsher warnings will be issued. - Venus
Never come back? Dude, he's been here since '05. I'm sorry, i'm not gonna sit here and read your **** talking about a person you know nothing about in a fabase who's community you know nothing about. Fatman has talked with several people in the past.
Oh, so it's even worse. He'll continue to fool you all, and still won't leave, even after all the disappointment and putting you all on some merry go round of nonsense, lies, and deception.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Nobody should be thinking for even a moment about Smash. I took a lot of fire earlier for being realistic. My take? Simply expect nothing new, and be surprised if there's anything at all to be excited about. Other than ripping and tearing that is.
This. Expect the worst, hope for the best. Who knows, maybe they'll announce the main direct right after for later on this week. We'll just have to see.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Should someone get out the stupid copy paste he made of himself in Nightmare Before Christmas lyrics calling himself a "leakmaster" or some ****, or do you want to save yourself the secondhand embarrassment.

The dude just wants to pretend to be your savior or some nonsense until Geno eventually gets in and he can pretend he carried you all there on his shoulders. If Geno doesn't get in Fatman will probably just run away and never come back, after he'll have no excuses left for stringing you all along on his treasure hunt for fool's gold.

I say this out of genuine care for all of you Geno fans. Please come to your senses and realize Fatmanonice is a complete sham. It will save you a lot of hassle and pain.
He called himself a Theorycraft King, parodying the Pumpkin King. Because he likes theorizing. Which is speculating. Which is what we all do. He also loves Halloween. But as proven by others in the past, y’all don’t care to read his posts it seems, as while yes he does get some info that sounds good, a lot of what he says is also heavy speculation based on stuff which we all actually do argue about sometimes, even regarding stuff he’s heard.

Oh, but ignore the people who back him up, ignore how a person who used to agree with y’all also backs him up now and mentioned he got something right, ignore the dude who’s judgement y’all trust also backs him up, and ignore all the other crap that went on with Sabi and how people you thought would take him down ended up understanding him and likely trusting he’s being truthful.

Every bit of evidence is on Fatman’s side. Heck, he’s been around for over a decade on this site, way before I was here. He was actually negative about Geno’s chances during Smash 4 (didn’t experience this myself but I believe others can vouch for this). So stop accusing him of being a fraud and stop telling us to ignore him if you can’t get any evidence he’s the sociopathic serial liar y’all believe him to be.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Me whenever someone jokes about a Bakugan type of announcement or "Bakugan Day":

47084993_1857413211033892_8875877756332670976_n.jpg

I didn't mind since I was busy with other things like work or playing through games but, please Nintendo DO NOT do that again, especially when you have remained quiet for so long.

:bowser:.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I was about to mention “Hey, there’s still a chance that we could get Xcloud announced for the Switch at Thursday’s Xbox event... and then I remembered that they specifically said it was games-only. Best-case scenario, and this is still ridiculously unlikely, they show a few Switch games there.

That’s also why I don’t expect a Direct for later this week, Nintendo’s historically always liked to “go last” for their E3 reveals, and might not want to compete with whatever Xbox has planned, they seem to have a good partnership going.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Oh, so it's even worse. He'll continue to fool you all, and still won't leave, even after all the disappointment and putting you all on some merry go round of nonsense, lies, and deception.
Can you not do this **** right now? We aren't exactly in the mood for pointless drama over this.

• But I think Fatman is a lying fraud sham!
Cool, then don't listen to him, it's not hard mate, he doesn't exactly post outside of this thread. Seriously, what do you even think he gets out of this? A few users in a character thread on Smashboards listen to him? You really think if he was doing this for clout he would do it in a thread with what, 100 active users at most? I'm saying this as someone who doesn't even buy a lot of what he says, he can sound absolutely insane at times. That doesn't mean you need to barge in here acting like some kind of divine savior trying to save the Geno thread from it's false prophet or something.

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
This whole situation is still super strange to me. So many insiders got the date correct, and they got the fact that it’s a direct right, but where the heck did they get their optimism and predictions from?

Obviously you could just chalk it up to them over-exaggerating things for internet clout, but the optimist inside me thinks that something else is going on. This direct seemed to have a lot of stuff that was supposed to be shown off, and yet all we have is 10 minutes worth of third party game information? I dunno, that just strikes me as... odd.

Expectations are still in check, don’t you worry about that, but I still have to wonder why insiders treated this direct as if it was going to be a megaton info dump.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So I just finished playing Smash with my brother, I get the notification a new Direct is announced and I jump into the thread...

Oh...
IMG_20191201_001327.jpg

...man I was so full of energy today. So many insiders were backing stuff up and it seemed like things were going our way. I even tempered my expectations to just have a Smash reveal and the 3D Mario collection but we may not even be getting those two things? ...*sigh* Man I'm just deflated. Not even mad, just all of my energy is seeped out and now I'm just shaking my head at Nintendo.

On the plus side, Geno still seems to be in a good position and we MAYBE could get a reveal (since Smash is a pre-existing game), but I just don't know with Nintendo anymore. I'm interested to see the responses from all of these insiders, genuinely.

(P.S.: Stop hating on Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , he isn't this evil despicable guy. He wants what we want, ok? Let's just wait and see what this Direct brings.)

pinshadow

Smash Lord
This whole situation is still super strange to me. So many insiders got the date correct, and they got the fact that it’s a direct right, but where the heck did they get their optimism and predictions from?

Obviously you could just chalk it up to them over-exaggerating things for internet clout, but the optimist inside me thinks that something else is going on. This direct seemed to have a lot of stuff that was supposed to be shown off, and yet all we have is 10 minutes worth of third party game information? I dunno, that just strikes me as... odd.

Expectations are still in check, don’t you worry about that, but I still have to wonder why insiders treated this direct as if it was going to be a megaton info dump.
I'm under the assumption they heard a direct was 100% happening and just rationally assumed Nintendo had to show SOMETHING. Obviously they were wrong.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm just stupid but I don't get what he's implying. Is he gonna come forward and say what he thinks is going on?
He's saying it's exactly what we think it is and Nintendo isn't just dropping the ball, they are slamming it into the floor.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I'm under the assumption they heard a direct was 100% happening and just rationally assumed Nintendo had to show SOMETHING. Obviously they were wrong.
Can’t exactly blame them for feeling that way, I think everyone was expecting at least something lol. What an odd way to end my night.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Oh really? And what was it like for we Banjo fans and K rool fans, huh? Stop acting like you know people. You being a Banjo fan know how people are. Some sources can be incomplete for a LONG time and nothing he said has been disproved yet. You have ZERO right as a fan of Banjo to tell a long suffering fan base how to treat one of our own. The fact you have the gall to act high and mighty after what all the naysayers said to you is baffling, and i say that as a regular in both the Banjo and K rool circles. Let US decide who to put trust in, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom