• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

D0ct0r

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure that we're getting an announcement tonight, it sounds too unrealistic. We'll probably get a shadow drop tomorrow if we're lucky. :dizzy:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Man, it really doesn't matter.
They could have a 1 hour video of Jar Jar Binks dancing in a night club with the text "Geno is in Smash you dumb ****s lol" and I'd still probably cry tears of joy.
Geno's reveal trailer is... the Nutshack intro, but every time they say "Nutshack", it plays a brief half-second clip of Geno in Smash Ultimate gameplay.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

I can't help but think how far a lot of Super Mario RPG fans have come and waited for a chance to really feel like we were going to see these characters again. Years with ridiculously stacked odds being against us and millions upon millions of reasons why we should just quit asking or find something else to be a fan of. I certainly don't believe we are guaranteed to get anything out of this but the feeling in the air certainly makes me feel something.

I have been so fortunate to find some many wonderful people to share one of my favorite games of all time with. Reflecting on the past 15 years is not easy. Every Newgrounds video, Every Piece of Fan Art discovered and pinned/shared/added to favorites, Every Leak both fake and real that we would spend hours discussing how this affects Geno's chances of being in Smash Bros, it's stuff that I spend so little of my day doing but it's been apart of my daily routine for over half my life. To think it all started at my 1st Grade teacher's house before the turn of the millennium.

I don't know what is going to happen or if we are just being sent on another wild ride where we end up looking like the biggest fools on the internet again. But I wanted to take some time to reflect on the past couple of years while listening to a SiivaGunner submission for Geno. And I wanted to just thank everyone who has even declared themselves a fan of Geno, Mallow or Super Mario RPG for allowing me to be apart of this whole thing.

Thank you for everything you do

Geno's reveal trailer is... the Nutshack intro, but every time they say "Nutshack", it plays a brief half-second clip of Geno in Smash Ultimate gameplay.
(As soon as made this post, this was the first thing to pop up)

I love you guys

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I can't help but think how far a lot of Super Mario RPG fans have come and waited for a chance to really feel like we were going to see these characters again. Years with ridiculously stacked odds being against us and millions upon millions of reasons why we should just quit asking or find something else to be a fan of. I certainly don't believe we are guaranteed to get anything out of this but the feeling in the air certainly makes me feel something.

I have been so fortunate to find some many wonderful people to share one of my favorite games of all time with. Reflecting on the past 15 years is not easy. Every Newgrounds video, Every Piece of Fan Art discovered and pinned/shared/added to favorites, Every Leak both fake and real that we would spend hours discussing how this affects Geno's chances of being in Smash Bros, it's stuff that I spend so little of my day doing but it's been apart of my daily routine for over half my life. To think it all started at my 1st Grade teacher's house before the turn of the millennium.

I don't know what is going to happen or if we are just being sent on another wild ride where we end up looking like the biggest fools on the internet again. But I wanted to take some time to reflect on the past couple of years while listening to a SiivaGunner submission for Geno. And I wanted to just thank everyone who has even declared themselves a fan of Geno, Mallow or Super Mario RPG for allowing me to be apart of this whole thing.

Thank you for everything you do

(As soon as made this post, this was the first thing to pop up)

I love you guys
I will mention it again: I am a big Geno fan, but I grew up with Kingdom Hearts, so this combo hit me rather hard.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Before midnight:
Nintendo fans: 'I'm really feeling it. This is going to be a good day and everything will be awesome. We just have to have hope! The Direct is coming.'

12:00:01AM:
Nintendo fans: 'Burn everything. Burn it to the ground.'

D

Deleted member

I just got done reading all the pages I missed and man...

It feels so surreal. This is the most sure I've ever been about Geno coming.

In 2017, I played Super Mario RPG and it was one of my favorite games ever (along with the Mother series games haha). I was extremely sad about finishing it, so I played it again immediately. Then about a year later I played it again. And then one more time this summer.

In August 2018, I watched TerminalMontage TerminalMontage 's Geno video and I was extremely hyped. I hadn't even thought about the idea of Geno in Smash but I new it was something I really wanted to happen. Ever since then, there have been many ups and downs in Smash speculation, especially regarding Geno. FP1 came and Banjo-Kazooie entered the scene, and I'm really happy for their fans and happy for their entry overall, even though I've never even played Banjo-Kazooie lol.

If Geno comes, I am just going to be through the roof. Because I've wanted Geno and because of how many others have as well. And, even if he isn't announced tomorrow, he could definitely still come later in the pass.

We're almost at the end, Geno bros and gals. It's been a never-ending roller coaster and, if he is announced, you bet I'll still be here.

Last edited by a moderator:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Watch as it turns out that this and the Mini are both Nintendo seeing how far people will go.

“We saw the reaction that we get when we drop it out of nowhere, let’s see how many people watch the stream when we only announce it ten hours in advance!”

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Even if it doesn’t get announced, enough other people besides Kelios are backing up the 20th that I’m still not counting a Mini out.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Even if nothing is said, I could still see it being shadow dropped

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Let's remember that they don't always announce at the beginning of the minute.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nintendo Direct Mini is happening, guys!

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Wow you guys talk a lot haha, I got caught up to present at exactly 12:00, so hopefully by the time this posts we either have a Nintendo Direct announcement from the twitter or calm acceptance.

EDIT: Yesssssssssssssssssss

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom