• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMemeGod

Smash Rookie
What if Geno gets revealed but it's just an image of him from the game and it's like

"Geno is the next fighter, stay tuned in the future for gameplay."

I'd kinda laugh. If it was just a jpeg of Geno for 15 seconds

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I didn't say it involved Geno, did I?
...you are right. ...DON'T MAKE ME HOPE FOR 2 FIGHTERS DARN IT!

(Just kidding Fatmanonice Fatmanonice . I'm not gonna fault you. I can tell you're getting stressed by all of this. Thanks for all you do for the Geno community, Fatman! If Geno is announced, you will be one of the people I'll be the happiest for. I imagine getting your vindication after all these years will be glorious.)

Last edited:

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
What if Geno gets revealed but it's just an image of him from the game and it's like

I mean, good enough for me lol

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Me tomorrow if Geno doesn't happen:

What have I done?
What have I done?
How could I be so blind?
All is lost, where was I?
Spoiled all, spoiled all
Everything's gone all wrong...

What have I done?
What have I done?
Find a deep cave to hide in
In a million years they'll find me
Only dust and a plaque
That reads, "Here Lies Poor Old Fat"

But I never intended all this madness, never...
And nobody really understood, how could they?
That all I ever wanted was to bring them something great
Why does nothing ever turn out like it should?

Well, what the heck, I went and did my best
And, by God, I really tasted something swell
And for a moment, why, I even touched the sky
And at least I left some stories they can tell, I did
And for the first time since I don't remember when
I felt just like my old crazy self again
And I, Fat, the Theorycraft King!

That's right, I am the Theorycraft King, ha, ha, ha!

And I just can't wait until next E3
'Cause I've got some new theories
That will really make them scream
And, by God I'm really gonna give it all my might!
Uh oh, I hope there's still time to set things right
Sack O' Rice, hmm...

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman

I'd still be freaking out tbh. An announcement is an announcement

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

Man, it really doesn't matter.
They could have a 1 hour video of Jar Jar Binks dancing in a night club with the text "Geno is in Smash you dumb ****s lol" and I'd still probably cry tears of joy.

Onibaud

Smash Rookie
yeah i don't blame people for getting hyped but you can't just think it's 100% real i mean it's gamestop lol plus a direct in 24 hours seems like too early imo

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I am extremely worried at this point bc I let myself be hype and I know that will only end in pain

Onibaud

Smash Rookie

wouldn't change anything, i will still be pogging

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

Alternatively, the Direct is just a PowerPoint with low-res images of the next Smash character and all of those default transitions that kids who are just discovering how to use PowerPoint put in between every slide. There is also no audio besides the mouse clicking every once in awhile picked up by the desktop mic.

“Enjoy the reveal! Now please never speak to me again!” Sakurai says on Twitter, after packing his bags for the Bahamas.

Nicnac

Smash Ace

Banjo's trailer could have been him on the can after Taco Tuesday and people would scream. Sans' reveal was just a still image of him before any gameplay and people exploded. Geno would be the same, I'd imagine.

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet
I personally don‘t see Geno happening, but if he does make it, kudos to you guys. I’m leaning towards Waluigi because of some recent stuff that’s been going on related to him.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Not that it means anything but there is a lot of weird momentum going on. This is giving me flashbacks to when Banjo was about to be revealed and there was all these little things getting teased throughout the week and then it happened. We'll see though. Even though I have 0 connection to Geno as a character I always respected the passsion here as someone who voted tons and tons of times for K. Rool back in the Smash ballot. Hopefully things work out for everyone tomorrow; seems like things are lining up pretty well so far.

And if it doesn't happen, until Sakurai and/or Nintendo themselves say "Geno will not be playable in Smash Bros" then I think he'll always have a good chance.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I personally don‘t see Geno happening, but if he does make it, kudos to you guys. I’m leaning towards Waluigi because of some recent stuff that’s been going on related to him.
As opposed to Geno who has... no recent stuff going on related to him, or what?

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I don't post here very often. Once every couple hundred pages lately. Mostly just lurk because I get shy pretty easily.

Geno has been one of my most wanted characters for most of my life, and my absolute most wanted once Mega Man made it in. I've been hoping for him for so long that, honestly, I can't comprehend it ever happening: I can't imagine a world where I don't need to hope anymore.

However, just in case this is the end of the road, and our boy gets in tomorrow? Just wanted to say, even if I wasn't actively chatting for most of it...thanks for the many years of memories, everyone.

And if it's not the end of the road? Here's to more speculation. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys Geno is in Smash but it's only his legs that are in Smash. My cat works at Nintendo and she definitely told me this.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

Me tomorrow if Geno doesn't happen:

What have I done?
What have I done?
How could I be so blind?
All is lost, where was I?
Spoiled all, spoiled all
Everything's gone all wrong...

What have I done?
What have I done?
Find a deep cave to hide in
In a million years they'll find me
Only dust and a plaque
That reads, "Here Lies Poor Old Fat"

But I never intended all this madness, never...
And nobody really understood, how could they?
That all I ever wanted was to bring them something great
Why does nothing ever turn out like it should?

Well, what the heck, I went and did my best
And, by God, I really tasted something swell
And for a moment, why, I even touched the sky
And at least I left some stories they can tell, I did
And for the first time since I don't remember when
I felt just like my old crazy self again
And I, Fat, the Theorycraft King!

That's right, I am the Theorycraft King, ha, ha, ha!

And I just can't wait until next E3
'Cause I've got some new theories
That will really make them scream
And, by God I'm really gonna give it all my might!
Uh oh, I hope there's still time to set things right
Sack O' Rice, hmm...
Musical Fatman is my favorite Fatman. Always with the good taste in music.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Guys Geno is in Smash but it's only his legs that are in Smash. My cat works at Nintendo and she definitely told me this.
Geno trailer plays out like normal, he gets his hands on the invitation and holds it up victoriously... only to get hit by a truck. All of his body is utterly obliterated, except for the legs, which are kept working by Geno's star body.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Well Nintendo hasn’t teased him like they do with Waluigi. Also the Mario sports trademark that got registered recently...
Both have a lot of weird stuff going on for them actually.
This has been a really bizarre chapter in Smash history.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Yeah, I still think Geno and Waluigi both have fairly good shots. Will be interesting to see what happens when we get a time/date announced.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
ALRIGHT EVERYONE.
I'M TAKING DRASTIC ACTION.
I AM MAKING A DECLARATION!
ARE YOU READY? YOU AREN'T BUT I'LL TELL YOU ANYWAY

THIS SITUATION IS OFFICIALLY: RIDICULOUS

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet
Both have a lot of weird stuff going on for them actually.
This has been a really bizarre chapter in Smash history.
Yeah, but the stuff going on with Waluigi is related to Nintendo, where else Geno’s is from shady leakers...

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Well Nintendo hasn’t teased him like they do with Waluigi. Also the Mario sports trademark that got registered recently...
But isn't the Mario Sports ip just a general thing they'd update? The last game was for 3ds and Mario Sports is kind of an umbrella term so if you mean it was updated/made for Smash then that's admittedly unlikely. And are there any teases for Waluigi? Aside from the anniversary stuff which almost certainly means nothing and that unrelated Pokemon tweet, I can't actually remember anything. Would like to be made aware of what im missing though.

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but the stuff going on with Waluigi is related to Nintendo, where else Geno’s is from shady leakers...
Well, there's still the fact that his Mii costume is no where to be seen, and most Smash 4 DLC Mii costumes were upgraded in Ultimate.
:ultisabelle::ultchrom::ultkrool::ultinkling:

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet
But isn't the Mario Sports ip just a general thing they'd update? The last game was for 3ds and Mario Sports is kind of an umbrella term so if you mean it was updated/made for Smash then that's admittedly unlikely. And are there any teased for Waluigi? Aside from the anniversary stuff which almost certainly means nothing and that unrelated Pokemon tweet, I can't actually remember anything. Would like to be made aware of what im missing though.
No it wasn’t updated, it was just registered!

herpderp06

Smash Rookie
This is the first thing that Waluigi's had going for them and you guys wont shut up about it. If you want Waluigi in the game, do it without belittling others and using words such as 'shady' in order to push forward your little narrative about the character on the GENO board(A board thats supposed to be about Geno, not Waluigi.) Thanks.

D

Deleted member

Boy I sure do love being a virtual no-one who has very rarely if ever come to the Geno thread in the past, but has come here tonight to **** on the fans one last time before their character gets in and I have to either keep my mouth shut or settle it in Smash. God help me if I was looking forward to a character and received this treatment in the thread dedicated to that character, I might would report someone, but these doormat Geno fans will let me come right in, and their own security detail will open fire on them if they call me on my bull****, so to put it bluntly, they're easy pickin'!

See you clowns tomorrow bright and early.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
But isn't the Mario Sports ip just a general thing they'd update? The last game was for 3ds and Mario Sports is kind of an umbrella term so if you mean it was updated/made for Smash then that's admittedly unlikely. And are there any teases for Waluigi? Aside from the anniversary stuff which almost certainly means nothing and that unrelated Pokemon tweet, I can't actually remember anything. Would like to be made aware of what im missing though.
To be honest, the Waluigi stuff just feels sus.
He's less important and relevant than most of the main Mario cast, yet Nintendo has been mentioning him at random for the past 2 years, they never paid him any attention before the E3 2018 drama.
And I still can't get over this picture:
2019052807093900-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

D

Deleted member

It's only just under 90 minutes until an alleged announcement, right? We got a little while to wait to see if it got delayed again or is getting shadowdropped.
Last one that got shadowdropped was still bright and early.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Nintendo doesn´t tease anything, and if trademarks meant anything everytime, then we would have had Isaac from Golden Sun or Chibi Robo by now for starters

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
To be honest, the Waluigi stuff just feels sus.
He's less important and relevant than most of the main Mario cast, yet Nintendo has been mentioning him at random for the past 2 years, they never paid him any attention before the E3 2018 drama.
And I still can't get over this picture:
View attachment 279354
...Wait, what am I supposed to be seeing, here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom