• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Keep the faith, boyos. It would appear we're in the endgame now. Also call me Jerkules. IT is my given name

RingJ5

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1284997008516739072

So this almost certainly means literally nothing because people are allowed to play multiple games in an evening, but less than half an hour after Jeff Grub says those screen shots are just him playing SMRPG, we see him here not playing SMRPG.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

(like I said, almost definitely nothing)
This is actually kind of weird, though. Ghost of Tsushima, which by the way is an incredible game that I recommend for anyone here with a PS4 and nothing to do for the next 13-and-a-half hours, isn’t exactly the kind of game that fits well for that. Quitting SMRPG, booting that back up, and then getting into a quest and then to a point in said quest where you’d want to share and upload a clip seems to be a fair amount of stuff for 22 minutes.

However, there’s another explanation: He literally only played SMRPG up to that point for the images, whether joking or otherwise, and then immediately went back to GoT after getting them. That’d track.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I am in no way trying to be a wet blanket, however I'm still fairly skeptical. Call it being burned too many times in the past; I just can't quite believe anything until I see the character reveal with my own eyes. I've witnessed many a hype cycle for a character rise and fall and seen a lot of genuinely contagious enthusiasm among fans for a fighter get turned into very bitter disappointment when a different reality occurs. I get the temptation to throw one self into the hype and get carried away with how likely something seemingly is. Just please do ready yourself for the possibility that it won't happen so that you can best respond if it doesn't. As someone who's done that with numerous rumors about Directs and I'd like to believe its been beneficial. I know this whole thing sounds condescending to Smashboard veterans and you've likely heard variations of it numerous times before.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope that I can look back on this post and delight in how dead off I was with my commentary and laugh about with everyone else. All I can say is don't get so caught up in the high of a potential want that you aren't prepared for the low of a potential blindside.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Don't go in expecting Geno to be a lock or anything, again there's that weird ridiculous chance we don't even get Smash tommorrow according to some other insiders (which makes zero sense but whatever). But everything else? Just remember that Nintendo has literally nothing announced for the rest of the year so far, we are getting some ACTUAL, hopefully non-infuriating, game announcements tommorrow, which outside of Pokemon spin-offs and some small stuff we really haven't gotten in like 10 months to a year.

Because Fatman had no reason to doubt them? It's not his fault Rummy misinterpreted what Naz said.
Oh I know I was just being facetious and giving Fatman a hard time (out of love of course). But I totally agree with you. I'm still 100% on the hype train no matter what happens tomorrow. But sounds like he's having a hard time already so sorry Fatman I'm just goofing around man you're awesome. Enjoy these days. It's gonna be awesome. I appreciate everything you've done for this community.

You know what would be hilarious? If we do get an iteration of that trailer, but it has Mario, Bowser and Peach hanging out together at Mario's Pad. Mario is louging and watching TV like DK, Bowser is fast asleep like K.Rool, and Peach is sipping tea. Suddenly a shooting star crashes outside and they all rush to the window to see Geno's sillouite rise from the crater, only for it to be the Mii Gunner in his costume, laughing and mocking them until she gets blasted off the screen by the real Geno, and Mario and Co. start cheering.

That would be the most hilarious trailer they could go with, to keep the joke going. But I can also envision a trailer similar to DQ Hero's reveal, that I have in mind.
Holy crap bravo this is a legit awesome trailer idea I haven't seen anyone think of.

stay strong! Think of the amiibo!
I will literally physically fight someone to ensure I get one of them Geno amiibo when they come out.

I'm about to say something kinda depressing and it's weird because I'm not even that worried about it cuz I'm so hyped so I don't even know how I'm thinking of this stuff but...what if there is a new Golden Sun and/or F-Zero and/or everything else and...they're bad? Cuz like...you know Nintendo does some amazing things and some really...perplexing things.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
watch, its the DK fake out, but features Mario, Peach, and Bowser
Watch the fakeout be an actual fake. Banjo and Kazooie look out the window, see the silhouette of their Microsoft pal, Master Chief, only for it to be Samus in disguise. The trailer immediately ends without Chief being added :ultpacman:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Yep, I do get the feeling we're going to see this mouth again tomorrow.
Geno reveal trailer can be another DK house fakeout, oh nononononononono
I have enough scotch ale in my guts to basically say that one of contacts told me the other day that the DK fake out scenario was going to be done at least one more time. Like I keep saying, it's going to be a fun day tomorrow.
Tomorrow WILL be a good day:
-Mario 3D Collection
-Mario 3D World Deluxe
- F Zero
-Pikmin 3
-A new Sonic
-A new Kirby
-2D Metroid
-Geno is In
-Maybe even CP8
-Etc
uwu~

But yeah, Geno's in. ShadowEdgy tweeted about it saying he's in, Grubb and Imran doing a tiny back and forth and Grubb backpedaling saying "lol jk I'm just playing it guys"; there's no way. He's in.

Enjoy the announcement in 3h:40m and the direct in 13h:40m. I know I will.
But who is Shadow Edgy? What things has he leaked?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Honestly, if they do the DK fake-out again, I want it to be someone completely random, like screw it, Master Chief just randomly shows up at DK's doorstep or something. It's like an Arrested Development running gag, it just gets progressively stupider the longer the season goes.

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
I don't know who to believe anymore
there's been so many teases-that-aren't-teases, so many moments of "this is it" only for it to be misinterpreted, in the last week, let alone 24 hours.

I'm afraid we're going to be disappointed and are only hyping ourselves up for nothing. I really hope I'm wrong, but... I wouldn't doubt this is just an incredibly unfortunate series of events all coincidentally pointing in one false direction. A lot of smoke but no fire.

Godspeed regardless, gang

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if they do the DK fake-out again, I want it to be someone completely random, like screw it, Master Chief just randomly shows up at DK's doorstep or something. It's like an Arrested Development running gag, it just gets progressively stupider the longer the season goes.
The hole in DK's wall gets progressively larger with each reveal

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
watch, its the DK fake out, but features Mario, Peach, and Bowser
PlopTwist: In the moment when the faker appears and laugh, bowser will cry with his iconic way in SMRPG
Watch the fakeout be an actual fake. Banjo and Kazooie look out the window, see the silhouette of their Microsoft pal, Master Chief, only for it to be Samus in disguise. The trailer immediately ends without Chief being added :ultpacman:
This trailer will continue in the X Box Series X presentation this Thrusday :4pacman:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
If there is another character announced tomorrow, whoever it is, I'm not sure if I'd be super excited for a 3D trailer that doesn't reuse a ton of assets / a 3D trailer at all. I'm not sure how those are created, and unless if they're developed at the exact same time I could see COVID impacting the progress of those pretty drastically

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I am not doubting Geno, but I do have to question Sakurai using DK's house again for Geno. I realize that the last two they used for the DK trailers were popular requests (like Geno), but they were also tied to the Donkey Kong franchise. Geno isn't though. I'm not arguing though, I just don't know if Geno's trailer would be that. But hey, maybe Sakurai would just do it because the man loves subverting expectations.

(Personally, as a huge Super Mario Galaxy fan, whoever said that Rosalina Storybook idea with Geno was genius.)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like I've been saying, it's been almost 11 months since Nintendo has had a notable news dump and the only franchise that has any "exciting" news is Pokemon if you really think about it. Almost a whole year of Nintendo being lock jawed and I feel this alone points at good things to come because if you reeeeeeeally think about it... The only major game announcement this year outside of Pokemon has been Paper Mario. Literally one game from Nintendo in a 11 months. That's ****in' insanity if you think about it.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Why would they do it for Geno though? The only reason they did it was the whole connection between Donkey Kong and Banjo through Rare and awknowledging that whole shared universe they have/had. Geno has nothing to do with any of those characters, who would even be the fake out at that point? Unless it's a certain someone else kinda-sorta connected to Banjo, but that's the kind of thing that would almost certainly get leaked by now, so it isn't that.
It will turn out that DK's House was located in the Forest Maze all along. Plus, that's where you find the chained Kong.

And to the point of the weirdness with having Geno appear in DK's house: I don't give a damn if Geno came out of one of FE's 3 Houses at this point!

Last edited:

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Idk if this will relate but didn’t square say they’ll announce multiple things in July instead of having their regular E3 broadcast? Maybe this could be apart of that?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I am not doubting Geno, but I do have to question Sakurai using DK's house again for Geno. I realize that the last two they used for the DK trailers were popular requests (like Geno), but they were also tied to the Donkey Kong franchise. Geno isn't though. I'm not arguing though, I just don't know if Geno's trailer would be that. But hey, maybe Sakurai would just do it because the man loves subverting expectations.

(Personally, as a huge Super Mario Galaxy fan, whoever said that Rosalina Storybook idea with Geno was genius.)
I didn't say it involved Geno, did I?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
If the announcement doesn’t end up coming at midnight, do you guys think it’s still happening?
As I'll reiterate: If the insiders are saying it, if they're that certain of it happening tomorrow, then I'm willing to believe them.

I can admit that my geno animation may not be ready by tomorrow due to the fact that I may have gone too far with the storyboarding (its a 3 minute animation after all) but I wanted to make it to showcase the personal journey I have gone through with the character Geno over the past 13 years. Let me just say that its been a wild ride for me and the fact it could end tonight leaves me with a lot of mixed feelings. This whole week has been a roller coaster, heres hoping we get a full reveal soon at midnight if the rumors are true!
Ehh, don't sweat it. BestGuyEver posted his Banjo & Kazooie video about over half a year after Banjo's announcement back in June. Better late than never, and all that. Hell, given what I have planned for Geno's possible release I won't be able to begin making it until I know for certain that he's coming.

The funny thing about all this is that if people are this blatantly teasing Geno, a character that the Smash fanbase has wanted for 20 years, there's bigger stuff coming tomorrow and just leave it at that.
Ooh, sounds ominous!~ Can't wait to find out what that could be!

link2702

Smash Champion
omg I'm a nervous wreck again from what's been going on here lately....

tomorrow I work, I have to leave my phone at home, cuz if i get curious and check, and see Geno get revealed I'ma lose it right there at work. A grown ass man and I'll be cheering, screaming, and have tears of joy running down my face. IN front of customers and other co-workers. They'll all think I've lost my damn mind.

I'll have to keep my mind on other things. My radio restorations perhaps... Think about those all day, look up schematics or something and order the parts I need to repai--WAIT DAMNIT I NEED A PHONE TO DO THAT! >.<

Ok in all seriousness....I am probably gonna leave my phone at home just in case. I know I'd get a little too excited if he get's revealed...

But at the same time, Banjo was revealed while i was in class one that day, and the hype over the reveal just wasn't quite as high since I didn't see it live, but saw the thumbnail showing him. I don't want that to happen with Geno.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Alright Guys, I decided to take necessary steps and convert my animation into two different versions:

The first and most likely is going to be an animatic. This means It won't be fully animated but the audio is kept fully intact (Think Storytime Animation like Videos)
if Geno Is revealed tomorrow, how could I not contribute with that video? I want to give to you guys for being such an awesome community and get my name out there one step at a time!

The other version can be fully animated but released at a later date. Say Geno is not revealed tomorrow or they do not do his presentation video on the same day, then I will see it through to be fully animated. Either way, the HYPE has reached a fever pitch for me and I will see this work done one way or another!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I didn't say it involved Geno, did I?
Are you really implying what I think you're implying? Because based on this and what you said earlier about stuff tying into what else is happening this week, there's only one real implication I'm getting here. All I'm saying is that there really isn't enough smoke around the idea at the moment for that to happen TOMORROW, is there?

Last edited:

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm going to be optimistic, tomorrow we will have a Nintendo Direct showing a lot of new and interesting things, I can't imagine what these could be but I'm pretty sure that they will be cool.

On a side note, while I was looking for the source of the Geno plush that I posted yesterday I found something else that this thread might like to see:

jOgc1x0.png

I just thought it was cute...

Anyways, let's be positive and enjoy the announcements that we will probably get tomorrow!

link2702

Smash Champion
Are you really implying what I think you're implying? Because based on this and what you said earlier about stuff tying into what else is happening this week, there's only one real implication I'm getting here. All I'm saying is that there really isn't enough smoke around the idea at the moment for that to happen TOMORROW, is there?
dixie kong...?

I mean I certainly wouldn't oppose it, but damn that would be one that catches us all off guard simply cuz, while she's popular, she isn't exactly one of the heavy hitters like Isaac, Waluigi, or Geno.

But maybe that's why...she's under the radar a bit so she's one of the less expected ones right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom