• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hey, folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. Thank you for years of showing support for Geno and one another. If I can be added to the list, that would be awesome. It's been a long time coming that I finally pop in.
Hey, welcome to the thread! Geno Hat for you:
Hat time.png

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hey, folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. Thank you for years of showing support for Geno and one another. If I can be added to the list, that would be awesome. It's been a long time coming that I finally pop in.
Welcome to the thread

D

Deleted member

Welcome to the Geno thread!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
View attachment 278888

Bruh

"Another Fire Emblem character" is their big response
Alright, I think they've committed enough to it where we can just see it as the normal complete Gamestop incompetency now. You can argue that them seemingly panic privating and unlisting the video is weird enough to justify it but like, it's Gamestop, if anyone is going to be this inconsistent when it comes to customer relations and PR it's them.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The final 5 pages before 3000. Whether or not we reach it by Monday remains to be seen

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
View attachment 278888

Bruh

Even if this IS all just a mistake on their part, they keep digging themselves deeper and making themselves look like they have something to hide.

Fire Emblem, they picked the thing Smash fans hate the most as their big deflection...

If this is a mistake they better pray Geno DOESN'T get in, because they'll never hear the end of it

Firox

Smash Master
Gamestop: "We weren't actually leaking Geno, guys. We're probably just going to get another FE character....heh heh"

(Monday)
Nintendo: "Behold, fighter #77 is......Lyn from Fire Emblem!"

(Meanwhile, at Gamestop HQ, a Nintendo exec drops off a letter)

Receptionist: "What's this?"

Nintendo Exec: "We're opening a law suit against your company."

Receptionist: "What?! What for?!"

Nintendo Exec: "For leaking the next Smash bros character..."

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
At this point I wouldn't even care of Geno just got full leaked instead of being surprised. I'm just tired of how Nintendo is handling this. It seems absurd that they won't give anyone any information on anything going on this year...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just to give everyone an idea of how crazy the current situation is, here's a quick timeline of when certain franchises started having notable rumors from people with decent track records.

Implied to be happening soon:

-Mario (Remasters: August 2019, 3D World Deluxe: December 2018)
-Mario Kart (December 2019)
-Zelda (BotW 2 for 2020: September 2019, Zelda Remasters: April 2020)
-DK (November 2019)
-Metroid (2D: June 2019, Prime Trilogy: December 2018).
-Pikmin (3 Deluxe: December 2018)
-Smash (Characters going back to August 2018)
-Dead franchise #1 (August 2019)
-Dead franchise #2 (October 2019)
-F-Zero (July 2020)

Nintendo franchises that have major rumors but it's unclear how soon they're coming:

-Kirby (September 2019)
-Wario Land/Ware (Land: February 2019, Ware: May 2019)
-Tomodachi Life/Miitopia (October 2019)
-Fire Emblem (September 2019)
-Dead franchise #3 (October 2019)

This isn't even considering long lingering third party stuff like RARE Replay and the Master Chief Collection (February 2019).

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Wait guys.
Cow has 3 letters and starts with "c" which is the 3rd letter of the alphabet.
I've figured you out, Fatman. The direct will be announced at 3 PM today, guys!
3 letters? half-life 3 confirmed to be one of the dead franchise reveals, i can see fatmanonice wanted to hide it, this is a big deal

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
View attachment 278888

Bruh

We would like to once again double down that we were referring to people freaking out over Geno’s png spirit that was never announced for smash, this is an honor only 1,500 characters get! Guys please stop giving us views PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS!!!! if Geno is next its all just a big misunderstanding!!!!!!

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
We would like to once again double down that we were referring to people freaking out over Geno’s png spirit that was never announced for smash, this is an honor only 1,500 characters get! Guy please stop giving us views PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS!!!! if Geno is next its all just a big misunderstanding!!!!!!
Yeah, this is a big stretch to just say this isn't serious damage control. At this point, it's difficult for me to dismiss this as just a mistake

Powerman293

Smash Ace
If there's another Fire Emblem character, it's clear Nintendo is trying to cash out before they're forced to retire Smash for awhile.

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
I come back today and we're only five pages before 3,000. Really hope we get that direct announcement soon.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
If there's another Fire Emblem character, it's clear Nintendo is trying to cash out before they're forced to retire Smash for awhile.
There won't be. If they're telling the truth and they're in the dark as much as us it's unlikely we'll get another Fire Emblem character. If they aren't, the next one's Geno.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So Jeff Grubb said this, and it is definitely perplexing
20200717_141629.jpg

Kelios responded to the Tweet (as seen above) and then someone asked him this in the thread and this is how Kelios responded
20200717_141553.jpg

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If you don't mind my asking, what are Kelios' previous "predictions" that make him credible?

Heoj

Smash Ace
So i guess kelios is standing his ground which is a good sign, i hope its not a shadow drop and they announce it on Saturday or Sunday

Also dang only 5 pages to go

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Just to give everyone an idea of how crazy the current situation is, here's a quick timeline of when certain franchises started having notable rumors from people with decent track records.

Implied to be happening soon:

-Mario (Remasters: August 2019, 3D World Deluxe: December 2018)
-Mario Kart (December 2019)
-Zelda (BotW 2 for 2020: September 2019, Zelda Remasters: April 2020)
-DK (November 2019)
-Metroid (2D: June 2019, Prime Trilogy: December 2018).
-Pikmin (3 Deluxe: December 2018)
-Smash (Characters going back to August 2018)
-Dead franchise #1 (August 2019)
-Dead franchise #2 (October 2019)
-F-Zero (July 2020)

Nintendo franchises that have major rumors but it's unclear how soon they're coming:

-Kirby (September 2019)
-Wario Land/Ware (Land: February 2019, Ware: May 2019)
-Tomodachi Life/Miitopia (October 2019)
-Fire Emblem (September 2019)
-Dead franchise #3 (October 2019)

This isn't even considering long lingering third party stuff like RARE Replay and the Master Chief Collection (February 2019).
So to set something straight, you can confirm you had NOT heard anything about F-Zero until just the other day and that the "Dead Franchises" you had heard about coming back were NOT F-Zero?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What do we do if there's no DIrect announcement or no shadow drop on Monday?
Well, here's the thing... Way too many people have backed it at this point. Zhuge, Jeff Grubb, Andre and Jon (AKA Hugh Mungus) of GameXplain, Kelios, Nathan Drake, and Hotgirl have now all backed it to name the ones I can immediately remember. That's a lot of people all agreeing on the same thing so either Nintendo delayed it yet again or it's going to be a rare weekend announcement..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom