• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
And yet you've edited your comment, too. How ironic... :ultpacman:
View attachment 278818

>GameStop posts a video about Paper Cut: The Origarmi Killer
>Video incorrectly states that people were freaking out over a character reveal for Smash that hasn't happened
>They could've easily ignored it and had everyone believe they were stupid as per usual
>Instead they proceed to private the video, unprivate it, and post a clarification comment which they proceed to edit several times, making it look like they accidentally leaked something and are desparately trying to cover it up
>If this is real, this is how Geno was leaked

View attachment 278824
View attachment 278830

Oh yea, it's really feeling like the endgame now boys. (Don't forget the Music Takedowns, The Seven Squares, the general timeline of events that's been established since last E3, whatever the hell Papagenos got told (I think it's related to Legacy XP anyway), Square seeming not to be done with Smash based on new spirit events, the fact 2020 is clearly very Mario-focused for Nintendo due to the 35th anniversary, and I guess Cacomallow depending on where you stand. MAN Geno has a lot going for him doesn't he.)
Bruh, why you all forgetting CacoMallow? That was the first real Geno leak, cmon yall get it together.

Also, in case you all somehow forgot...

BLUE PUPPET MAN COMETH!

JayZoob

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this has been brought up before but how were these private twitters located? Was someone just bored looking up Nintendo twitter handles and happened to stumble upon them?

StarMagician

Smash Cadet
GameStop has been doing a lot of weird stuff with the Geno vid. They edited their clarification comment multiple times, unlisted the video a handful of times, and even privated it for a brief period. I don't personally think it means anything at all, but it's definitely to note.
Something fishy might be happening

D

Deleted member

If all these leaks and accounts are legit this next direct is going to be legendary

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Alright...One finding usually means nothing. Two findings is a coincidence...but three findings leads to a pattern.

What is happening!? Does it have the same email?
If this is a pattern leading up to the Direct having a bunch of announcements, then I'm keeping my fingers crossed for @Bayonetta3JP to pop up.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Alright...One finding usually means nothing. Two findings is a coincidence...but three findings leads to a pattern.

What is happening!? Does it have the same email?
Nobody's found anything on an email yet, though it was created in April so it certainly isn't a recent trick.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but all of these twitter accounts just popping up now REALLY seems like people are just trying to have some fun and gain a little e-fame here. I highly doubt most if not all of these are even real.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Now one for Pikmin 4 has come up.

Considering Pikmin's last main series game was in 2013 (something I regretfully say as a massive Pikmin fan), could this be one of the "miracle" series that was rumored to be coming back?
Apparently it has less a’s than the other two and the profile pic is zoomed in, so I guess us Pikmin fans got trolled :S

At least we’re still getting Pikmin 3 Deluxe I guess... :olimar:

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Possible fakes are abound. Also there was a SuperMarioRPGjp but it was not locked or aaaaaaa so do not bother with that one.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Man, lots of things have happened since I posted here from Min Min's reveal.

GameStop shenanigans. More rumors. The Paper Mario fiasco.

Welp. I'm not sure what to think. Just that the Nintendo Direct should be here for something. Anything.

:bowser:.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Apparently it has less a’s than the other two and the profile pic is zoomed in, so I guess us Pikmin fans got trolled :S

At least we’re still getting Pikmin 3 Deluxe I guess... :olimar:
Join date was April 13th, though. No way it's any kind of parody unless this kind of thing was known about months ago.

The Mother 4 one is definitely a parody, though.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Join date was April 13th, though. No way it's any kind of parody unless this kind of thing was known about months ago.

Yeah I know, so it is kinda weird, and I understand the differences in the amount of a’s tbh but it’s still strange they’d mess with the profile pic; idk.

Hopefully it’s real and not some weird long-con, though.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Yeah I know, so it is kinda weird, and I understand the differences in the amount of a’s tbh but it’s still strange they’d mess with the profile pic; idk.

Hopefully it’s real and not some weird long-con, though.
If it was really trying to be a con, they would've kept the profile pic identical to maximize believably.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

If all these private Twitter accounts (or at least the ones after the Super Mario 35th one) are just a troll trying to get a rise out of people... that's quite some ****ing patience they got, considering these accounts were made months ago.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If all these private Twitter accounts (or at least the ones after the Super Mario 35th one) are just a troll trying to get a rise out of people... that's quite some ****ing patience they got, considering these accounts were made months ago.
The F-Zero one seems genuine. I can't see someone planning this far ahead and keeping quiet about it.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Hey, No one has brought up SMT V as a possible direct reveal, it´s kinda strange. It did come out in Japan online. and the game was announced in the switch reveal. Surely, something will be revealed

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Hey, No one has brought up SMT V as a possible direct reveal, it´s kinda strange. It did come out in Japan online. and the game was announced in the switch reveal. Surely, something will be revealed
Now watch as Shin Megami Tensei V ends up getting its own private Twitter account.

Well, the Twitters start coming, and they don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming...

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Friday in a couple of hours during the day we should be getting some kind of news or the proper announcement for the July 20th Monday Direct.

That will gave us calm. And the trailer itself with Geno reveal will gave us eternal peace.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Another thing regarding the Pikmin 4 account, Nintendo seems to have removed the email addresses from the 35th Anniversary Mario and F-Zero accounts, no longer letting you see the censored email if you attempt to sign in. I tried to do this to verify the Pikmin 4 account and was unable to check the email, was giving the same result that the 35th and F-Zero accounts do.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna call it a night and hopefully not miss the 3000 page mark tomorrow lol.

I swear I'm gonna have dreams about all these leaks...

Last edited by a moderator:

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
*Wakes up*

*Checks Smashboards*

*Six new pages appeared again*

PicsArt_07-17-10.35.25.jpg

Man, time zones suck

OK, so after reading everything this is what (supossedly) happened while I was sleeping:

• One of the members from Gamexplain joked about Geno being in Smash.

• A Pikmin 4 account has appeared. You can't check the email of those accounts anymore.

• GameStop makes a clarification saying that it was an honest mistake and they don't know any Smash related information. Edits that clarification several times. The video goes private. The video goes public again.

Personally, I just think that GameStop made a honest mistake and they aren't trying to hide anything from us. They just don't know how to properly communicate which is making them look suspicious, but I don't think this means anything. But I'm going to make a meme about this whole situation anyway:

PicsArt_07-17-10.52.29.jpg

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Imagine if all this Twitter stuff comes to pass especially due to how lacklustre their 2020 has been thus far. Anyhow, if a direct comes Monday it would probably be announced today in about 3 or 4 hours. Although they did announce stuff like the Hero showcase on the weekend, that was for something we already knew about. And a showcase for Hero isn't quite the same as a direct as one is info for some DLC for a game we already knew about while the other is broadcasted by the big n themselves and showcases just a wider variety of stuff including the game previously mentiones, so yeah I'd argue a weekend reveal is really unlikely. It's probably either announcement today or some random shadow drop which would admittedly entail less content as it would undoubtedly take the direct mini approach which I don't think is too likely either.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
That feeling of big Nintendo news being right around the corner, I haven't felt this since, what, E3 2019? That's a whole year.

I understand how COVID-19 has impacted stuff. Safety before vidya after all. But it does feel nice knowing that we may be getting out of the dark soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom