• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If this was an actual leak, there’s a decent chance Pamela may get fired. As much as I want this leak to be real for Geno, I really don’t want Pamela to lose her job... especially in her recovery. Dang dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Damn, were alredy at page 2979 right now, and with 4 days to go were probably going to get real close to 3000. Of course if something huge still happens we might actually reach it

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Good day Genobros, visitors, spectators. As the conversations go on, words for the heart and piece of mind.

"Good things come for those who wait."

Patience.:starman::starman::starman:

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
WTF? How can people be so heartless like that?
It just really is hard for some to have human decency. She’s suffered enough in her life, she shouldn’t have to deal with more nonsense.
oh yeah lol I dont go there sonthat seems about right. Im kinda shocked resetera hasnt said any nasty words yet either
Yeah, I’m glad I’m not on any of those websites.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
The video has shot up from ~1,500 views to over 5,500 since last night. I'm curious to see if this will get Gamestop's attention or if it will take something more.

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
Is Gamestop's potential leak all we have to go by besides amiibo wave patterns and speculation on the direct delays? Trying to make sure I'm up to date on the running theories in here.

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
Is Gamestop's potential leak all we have to go by besides amiibo wave patterns and speculation on the direct delays? Trying to make sure I'm up to date on the running theories in here.
Do you mean evidence towards Geno? If it is, we have much MUCH more evidence towards our boy.

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
Just think, someone wrote the Gamestop leak into a script. Someone higher up approved said script. Someone read the script. The video has been around for a couple of days with no corrections, reuploads, or deletions. I think we've finally won.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
If this was an actual leak, there’s a decent chance Pamela may get fired. As much as I want this leak to be real for Geno, I really don’t want Pamela to lose her job... especially in her recovery. Dang dude.
Pamela’s going to be fine. More likely a producer will take the fall because they didn’t edit out the Geno bit before letting the video go public.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Weren't you saying Waluigi? What is your stance on him after Samurai apparently fully reiterating that these are the last 5 for probably about the 3rd time? This seems to be one of those times where what he says goes like not too many newcomers for base.
I am saying Waluigi but it's a weird situation because even last year I talked about how the evidence was that he either wasn't getting a pack or (what proved to be wrong) he would be part of a pack totally unrelated to him. He's not clear cut. As I've said he's been part of insider conversations since November 2018 and there's never been a definitive answer as to why despite the fact that overall he's probably the most heard character by a considerable amount.

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
The weird thing to me about the gamestop video is that she was talking about SMRPG as a whole, and yet, if they really meant for it to be about the spirits, why not mention mallow at all? I get geno is more popular, but mallow does have a spirit too lol. Idk. Just makes me think that they weren't talking about the spirit, even though they put in footage of the geno spirit.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It never ceases to amaze me how many times Geno would be brought up in gaming related media. For someone who is supposedly "irrelevant", he keeps popping up in conversations and videos regarding Smash quite frequently, to the point a Gamestop video of all things, whether a leak or just poorly worded, brings him up

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So much hype appearing with July 20 four days away. I'm pretty much ready for it, but also ready to take cover for salt.

Plus, IDK if Atelier Ryza would get a rep for smash ultimate. Still, Sakurai and Nintendo holds all the cards, so surprises are always bound to show.

Also, here is the the trailer for Atelier Ryza in case people doesn't know.
Wait is it getting a sequel or something?

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
Do you mean evidence towards Geno? If it is, we have much MUCH more evidence towards our boy.
Yup! Been trying to keep up on the developments surrounding Geno. Haven't had much other speculation to get invested in since Banjo was added into the game and we all celebrated in the Banjo thread. I'd love to see Geno make it in!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One thing that makes me drum my fingers in mild annoyance about this GameStop situation is that at least one thing has leaked about Smash at every E3 that Smash has been present since 2006... But it's never like this. It's always because of a viral 4chan post or a big insider decided to give zero ****s and hard tease at least one of the upcoming characters. There's never been an E3 Smash leak because of a "whoops", it's because somebody deliberately leaked it or teased it way too hard.

Firox

Smash Master
I gotta admit, if the Gamestop leak is legit, then Sakurai must be weaving a tapestry of obscenities right now. Could you imagine how incredibly locked down he and his crew have been with Byleth and Min Min only to get leaked on arguably the most "Holy ****" character of FP#2?!

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
The weird thing to me about the gamestop video is that she was talking about SMRPG as a whole, and yet, if they really meant for it to be about the spirits, why not mention mallow at all? I get geno is more popular, but mallow does have a spirit too lol. Idk. Just makes me think that they weren't talking about the spirit, even though they put in footage of the geno spirit.
There’s zero chance she was talking about the spirit, because his spirit was never even announced. Just discovered shortly before released.

An argument could be made for his Mii fighter costume, but she should have said costume if that were the case. Or better yet, say “in Smash 4”. Pamela is too smart to say such a confusing confirmation if she wanted to avoid getting overwhelmed by questions. This was planned. Just released way too early.

domriver

Smash Lord
So guys, don't get too excited because this could easily just be a case of GameStop using a poor choice of words and really bad research on their part. I know the phrase is old at this point but: "Take it with a grain of salt" ... BUT GameStop may have made an oopsie

In one of their game overviews (Those videos they usually play in-store on those little TVs) for Origami King. They spoke about Mario RPG and how it led to Paper Mario as a series... and she says those magic words: "Everyone freaked out when Geno was announced for Smash!"

Since Covid messed everything up, its entirely possible that Geno was supposed to have been revealed by now and these being recorded in advanced with information that was supposed to go out at a certain time and yeah you see where I'm going

But again, the more likely explanation is that they just took the spirit inclusion to mean something more than it was and they just flubbed their research and used poor wording

Still.. it sure is something when even GameStop is talking about our boi
We should all put this in proper perspective. Game Stop is a big company. Now do not believe that this is just some random gamestop store trying to do their thing. No this HAS to go thru corporate. It needs approval etc... I know this may seem like OOPS on GameStop due to covid all dates and what not are screwed up. MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny may be right on the dot about poor research or really bad choice of words. For myself i am being just cautious to say "its gg we win boom." We only may have to wait just a few more days and we get our official confirmation. Just my thoughts :)
On a side note: I know this looks extremely good for Geno though.

As someone who works for digital video production for an (admittedly much smaller) internet platform, I sincerely doubt this is the case of something big flying under the radar after review. This kind of stuff gets QC'd and then QC'd again- they'd never let an announcement of that magnitude get accidentally leaked. I think it's just poor wording on the scriptwriter's part. Of course, given the size of the company, it's not impossible that this is a big oopsie that was passed over in multiple reviews in the hustle and bustle of COVID nonsense, but I find it really unlikely.

I'll remain hopeful, but I wouldn't get your hopes up

Further explains my reasoning to be cautious.

One thing that makes me drum my fingers in mild annoyance about this GameStop situation is that at least one thing has leaked about Smash at every E3 that Smash has been present since 2006... But it's never like this. It's always because of a viral 4chan post or a big insider decided to give zero ****s and hard tease at least one of the upcoming characters. There's never been an E3 Smash leak because of a "whoops", it's because somebody deliberately leaked it or teased it way too hard.
While that may be true. But Nintendo themselves has done WHOOPS before. Remember Terry?
EDIT: and Simon! :)

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Yup! Been trying to keep up on the developments surrounding Geno. Haven't had much other speculation to get invested in since Banjo was added into the game and we all celebrated in the Banjo thread. I'd love to see Geno make it in!
Polarthief's been keeping an updated list of all the potential evidence right here: https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2467#post-23849375

Keep in mind that no one point is a definitive "he's in" but together they form a pretty strong case.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'll say it again: dont get your hopes up. If this was a legit leak this would have been taken down by now. Its been up for over a week with no removal, so it is not an actual leak. Most likely a misspoken line

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What about Hero? I'm not sure if that is the same sort of thing as what you're talking about, since people only found out about it by datamining, but people knew (or at least figured that it would be pretty likely) that we'd be getting a Dragon Quest character months before the reveal because of the "brave" codename being left in the game.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Not being extreme, but if the leak for a direct on July 20 doesn't come true, then we will just have to wait longer.

Just don't crash and burn if it's false.
Screenshot_20200713-205821_YouTube.jpg

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
Oh nice! Well, we do have a list of a ton of potential evidence for Geno’s inclusion compiled by Polarthief Polarthief . I think there is a link to it in his signature.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Good morning. Glad we are still bashing our faces into this. I am also proud that this thread is deciding to throw some good wishes and a speedy recovery to Pamela, regardless of the video.

Anyhoo, time to sit and see what other other crazy shenanigans gets thrown today! I am gonna bet on an...attack from Gamefaqs :4pacman:

EDIT: zferolie zferolie one nitpick. It's been up for 2 to 3 days, not a week. But yeah, we'll crash and burn if nothing happens. And not just this thread, but all the community.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Good morning. Glad we are still bashing our faces into this. I am also proud that this thread is deciding to throw some good wishes and a speedy recovery to Pamela, regardless of the video.

Anyhoo, time to sit and see what other other crazy shenanigans gets thrown today! I am gonna bet on an...attack from Gamefaqs :4pacman:

EDIT: zferolie zferolie one nitpick. It's been up for 2 to 3 days, not a week. But yeah, we'll crash and burn if nothing happens. And not just this thread, but all the community.
My bad, thought it was longer. Still, nintendo ninjas are super fast at removing stuff like this

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
So guys, don't get too excited because this could easily just be a case of GameStop using a poor choice of words and really bad research on their part. I know the phrase is old at this point but: "Take it with a grain of salt" ... BUT GameStop may have made an oopsie

In one of their game overviews (Those videos they usually play in-store on those little TVs) for Origami King. They spoke about Mario RPG and how it led to Paper Mario as a series... and she says those magic words: "Everyone freaked out when Geno was announced for Smash!"

Since Covid messed everything up, its entirely possible that Geno was supposed to have been revealed by now and these being recorded in advanced with information that was supposed to go out at a certain time and yeah you see where I'm going

But again, the more likely explanation is that they just took the spirit inclusion to mean something more than it was and they just flubbed their research and used poor wording

Still.. it sure is something when even GameStop is talking about our boi
The biggest mistake in the video was using footage of Sticker Star when talking about Paper Mario being a spiritual successor to Super Mario RPG rather than footage of 64 or TTYD.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
at the risk of beeing booed out of here, Id just say dont count your chickens before they hatched on this gamestop thing and actually wait before calling it real
Oh, I agree. We'll need something to happen involving that video before we can say Geno's in. Layoffs, takedowns, the Direct, anything. I know it seems bright for us, but we need to wait for whether this gets more dim or more bright.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What about Hero? I'm not sure if that is the same sort of thing as what you're talking about, since people only found out about it by datamining, but people knew (or at least figured that it would be pretty likely) that we'd be getting a Dragon Quest character months before the reveal because of the "brave" codename being left in the game.
Hero wasn't a "whoops." It was a whole scandal. Sabi basically leaked the Seven Squares memo back in August 2018. The datamine that happened later was also intentional because I can verify that it was kept secret for about a month until somebody connected to Source Gaming leaked it online. Yes, anybody could have datamined it but nobody was blasting it because we knew if it went public that Nintendo would double down on keeping stuff like this secret and sure enough...

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Been lurking in this thread for a little while now, especially since my boy Banjo is already in. Might start posting in here from time to time, so hello!
Do you need a Geno Hat? Because here's a Geno Hat!
Hat time.png

Well then, I'll point you to The List Polarthief Polarthief made. It's got basically everything you need to know, and it's always getting updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom