• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Out of your predictions, which one of those is the “disappointing” last reveal? Because all of them seem pretty mind-blowing. Secondly, with Joker’s and Eleven’s amiibo release dates confirmed, does this affect your theory?
I wouldn't say "disappointing", I would say niche because they're usually decently wanted but tend to have "haters" too. There were lots of casual players who were miffed about Shulk and Bayonetta because they had no idea who the hell they were. Olimar and Toon Link were definitely downgrades from the likes of King Dedede and, of course, Sonic. In my opinion, probably Lloyd and Dante. Lloyd is an anime swordsmen and, despite being wanted since Brawl, a good chunk of the Tales have never released outside of Japan. Back when I was predicting Lloyd for 5 last fall, I got into some very, very heated arguments with people who didn't want him for these exact reasons. In a way, he's "controversial" like Geno but Geno has the benefit of being a Mario character.

The other is Dante because, while extremely popular, he basically gets the same complaints from some fans as Snake and Bayonetta did: he's too mature, he's too Sony, he doesn't fit into the "Smash aesthetic", etc. Dante is a dream pick for a lot of fans but he also rustles the Jimmies of Nintendo purists. Master Chief honestly does this too but Chief is basically the face of Microsoft and one of the few characters out there on level of iconicness as Mario or Sonic.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
PapaGenos is just being realistic. Nothing wrong with that. You dont have to think "Geno will 100% be in" to be a Geno fan and a Geno supporter.

Also you guys put way to much weight in Fatmans theories. There are so many video game characters out there and I always read the same characters here. The same characters Fatman is hearing from his "sources".

Example: Imo Rex & Pyra are very likely. Many people think this too. But here? I dont see people talk about them because Fatman is not talking much about them.

Rex is just an example. There are tons of other characters. Personally I think Geno will be FP9 or FP10. But the possibility of a Mii costume is also very likely. It would be a very stupid move of Nintendo/Sakurai to wait that long for heavy requested character and then just reveal him as a Mii costume, but that would not be the first time they doing something that stupid...

I usually only read here. If you dont want to have people here that are realistic or even a bit pessimistic, then say it and I will go away.
Being realistic, even pessimistic, isn't unwelcomed here and people have expressed doubts about Geno and that he could be a costume many times. The only real time a pessimistic user was unwelcomed is because they would be pessimistic about EVERYTHING, even non-Geno stuff, essentially looking like they were contradictory for the sake of being contradictory regardless of the topic, and even then it took months before people here were tired of it.

But this is a support thread, and like many other support threads, the general tone will be positive for a character's chances. And not saying you are doing it, but there are several people who routinely pop in here, with some doing this being the ONLY time they come in here, to bring up that Geno isn't a lock and other scenarios can happen like the costume or his standing amongst other picks etc, to the point where its like they want this thread to meet a weekly Disappointed Fan Quota. And the fact that there are several users here who do have an axe to grind against this fanbase and actively do try to bring support down. So people here get annoyed at that because they aren't bringing up counter points for honest discussion, but instead to stick it to the thread. But Devil's Advocate arguments to Geno and potentially not happening have come up here often. Heck, there was a long one the other day, and that had several regs here taking that stance.

Rex and Pyra are brought up here from time to time. I actually feel that Nintendo kinda owes a spot to Xenoblade in Smash after how they badly handled Rex with Base game.

But...about that section I bolded. Honestly, that comes off as a bit rude and insulting, insinuating that this thread isn't realistic or open minded. It hasn't helped that usually when a counter point is made from some people, its in a passive aggressive tone or expressed in a way to be mocking. So that's why some people are usually given an unwelcomed response here from time to time, not because they questioned Geno's chances, but because they presented rudely.

And as much as this thread gets vilified as being crazy and cult-like, the 'other side' can be just as mean-spirited, off-putting and echo chamber-like, like a user going into another thread to positively speculate and was told to get out because of drama OTHER users cause. For all the times people say the pro-Geno side is unhealthy obsesses about him getting in, the detractors are just as unhealthy obsessed about him getting rejected. There's a non-Smashboard site with threads dedicated to monitoring this thread and rush in here to keep it in-line, ie, make sure people are disappointed in his chances, but its the pro-side that gets called out as being cultish.

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
Some more potential evidence pointing towards the Super Mario 35th twitter account.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I’m still a bit skeptical on this but it could be a possibility.

Edit: Twitter post was deleted making it seem more suspicious. See my next post.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Some more potential evidence pointing towards the Super Mario 35th twitter account.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I’m still a bit skeptical on this but it could be a possibility.
Wait, you mean for or against the account being real?

Firox

Smash Master
Being realistic, even pessimistic, isn't unwelcomed here and people have expressed doubts about Geno and that he could be a costume many times. The only real time a pessimistic user was unwelcomed is because they would be pessimistic about EVERYTHING, even non-Geno stuff, essentially looking like they were contradictory for the sake of being contradictory regardless of the topic, and even then it took months before people here were tired of it.

But this is a support thread, and like many other support threads, the general tone will be positive for a character's chances. And not saying you are doing it, but there are several people who routinely pop in here, with some doing this being the ONLY time they come in here, to bring up that Geno isn't a lock and other scenarios can happen like the costume or his standing amongst other picks etc, to the point where its like they want this thread to meet a weekly Disappointed Fan Quota. And the fact that there are several users here who do have an axe to grind against this fanbase and actively do try to bring support down. So people here get annoyed at that because they aren't bringing up counter points for honest discussion, but instead to stick it to the thread. But Devil's Advocate arguments to Geno and potentially not happening have come up here often. Heck, there was a long one the other day, and that had several regs here taking that stance.

Rex and Pyra are brought up here from time to time. I actually feel that Nintendo kinda owes a spot to Xenoblade in Smash after how they badly handled Rex with Base game.

But...about that section I bolded. Honestly, that comes off as a bit rude and insulting, insinuating that this thread isn't realistic or open minded. It hasn't helped that usually when a counter point is made from some people, its in a passive aggressive tone or expressed in a way to be mocking. So that's why some people are usually given an unwelcomed response here from time to time, not because they questioned Geno's chances, but because they presented rudely.

And as much as this thread gets vilified as being crazy and cult-like, the 'other side' can be just as mean-spirited, off-putting and echo chamber-like, like a user going into another thread to positively speculate and was told to get out because of drama OTHER users cause. For all the times people say the pro-Geno side is unhealthy obsesses about him getting in, the detractors are just as unhealthy obsessed about him getting rejected. There's a non-Smashboard site with threads dedicated to monitoring this thread and rush in here to keep it in-line, ie, make sure people are disappointed in his chances, but its the pro-side that gets called out as being cultish.
I do think it's kind of funny to note the different tones of hostility even across other threads of the same website. For example, if someone were to come into this thread and say "I don't think Geno is getting in because.." and started offering reasonably unbiased evidence, I think most of us would thoughtfully hear them out even if we try to debunk them immediately after. The irony is that this almost never happens. Usually when people come in here to be contradictory, they're just plain antagonistic without any reasonable context. Conversely, I've been in other threads where the mere MENTION of Geno sparks a barrage of insults and dismissal which doesn't really seem fair considering how many other threads are based purely on speculation. To your point, I do think that Geno hate is arguably even MORE cultish than Geno's following.

Giveaway412

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say "disappointing", I would say niche because they're usually decently wanted but tend to have "haters" too. There were lots of casual players who were miffed about Shulk and Bayonetta because they had no idea who the hell they were. Olimar and Toon Link were definitely downgrades from the likes of King Dedede and, of course, Sonic. In my opinion, probably Lloyd and Dante. Lloyd is an anime swordsmen and, despite being wanted since Brawl, a good chunk of the Tales have never released outside of Japan. Back when I was predicting Lloyd for 5 last fall, I got into some very, very heated arguments with people who didn't want him for these exact reasons. In a way, he's "controversial" like Geno but Geno has the benefit of being a Mario character.

The other is Dante because, while extremely popular, he basically gets the same complaints from some fans as Snake and Bayonetta did: he's too mature, he's too Sony, he doesn't fit into the "Smash aesthetic", etc. Dante is a dream pick for a lot of fans but he also rustles the Jimmies of Nintendo purists. Master Chief honestly does this too but Chief is basically the face of Microsoft and one of the few characters out there on level of iconicness as Mario or Sonic.
Honestly, if we're going by the logic of "last reveals are usually disappointing", could the final character in the pass be Master Chief? Sure, he'd be wildly popular on this side of the Pacific, but Japanese audiences have never been particularly thrilled with FPS games, or the Halo franchise. He'd likely get a lot of complaints over there. And he'd disappoint me because he basically precludes Doomguy

It also seems like he'd have to come at the same time or after the MCC is announced for the Switch, assuming that happens, which to me would suggest a later reveal. Waluigi and Geno seem like good bets for a Mario-themed E3.

domriver

Smash Lord
I'm sure Papa Geno's is still rooting for Geno. He's mentioned it multiple times in recent videos and his channel is basically themed around Geno related stuff. The man clearly likes this character. He just probably wants to look at different angles on any topic, which is fair, especially when you're making theories and speculating. I don't think there's a deeper meaning with it
I believe you nailed it sir. Its how I felt.

I wonder if DLC bosses could be a thing in this FP.

If they are, Smithy as one of the bosses would be really cool.
I'd pay for that additional content. Of course more than just Smithy. :)

Huh. This happened, apparently.

Lol
LLOLLLLLLLLLL

C'mon, Walmart, don't screw with us like that. If anyone is going to throw around a confirmation, you better be legit and you better have some solid evidence. Otherwise you just end up looking like Target. Or...*gasp*...Kmart.
Someone tweet Pics/Video or its fake!

Dukefire

Smash Master
All of these events happening is just making next week on fire. I better get a fire extinguisher.

Seriously, I do hope that Geno does get in as one of the longest requests now coming true from Star Road's collection of wishes.

Also, I wish for shantae to join the mix, but things are pointing to someone else for Challenger 7. So, it is better to wait since 4 or 3 more spots are still left after.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Watch the rumored direct be another Pokemon direct announcing nothing but a new mobile game:ultpacman:
You jest but I could totally see Nintendo doing it. They're THAT stupid.
"We're pleased to reveal a brand new Pokemon game: Pokemon Gun Version, a mobile only free-to-play gacha FPS game. There is only one map, but you can pay for in-game credits that allow you to tailor the map in your favor. The only Pokemon you can get to start is Rattata, but you can use credits to spin a slot machine. If all three of the symbols match up, you get Pokeorbs that you can use to purchase new Pokemon to play with. The most you can get per triple line-up is 50 Pokeorbs, and the cheapest Pokemon you can purchase is Magikarp at 500 Pokeorbs, with Mega Gigantimax Mewtwo XY being the most expensive (and powerful) at 50,000 Pokeorbs. There is also paid DLC that will be rolled out in the future, adding in even more powerful Pokemon to the shop, and maybe even an entirely new map.

We're sure you'll love this new game."

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Something I want to mention that I have never seen brought up about the Legacy XP takedown is the fact that, if this takedown wasn't for Geno, why didn't they takedown Brawl Minus? In case you are unaware what Brawl Minus is, its a mod of Brawl that basically tries to make every character overpowered. Anyways, one of the new characters introduced in that mod is Waluigi, who is also in Legacy XP. I have a feeling if Waluigi was CP7, Nintendo would take down Brawl Minus as well, since Waluigi appears in both that and Legacy XP, but they only took down Legacy XP. And c'mon, are they really gonna add Shadow or Metal Sonic? I think out of any character the Legacy XP takedown could be for, the most likely to me, seems to be Geno, going off of this.

Full disclosure, I do acknowledge this probably means nothing and is just an instance of Nintendo being Nintendo, but I did think this was interesting, so I decided to share it with all of you.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly, if we're going by the logic of "last reveals are usually disappointing", could the final character in the pass be Master Chief? Sure, he'd be wildly popular on this side of the Pacific, but Japanese audiences have never been particularly thrilled with FPS games, or the Halo franchise. He'd likely get a lot of complaints over there. And he'd disappoint me because he basically precludes Doomguy

It also seems like he'd have to come at the same time or after the MCC is announced for the Switch, assuming that happens, which to me would suggest a later reveal. Waluigi and Geno seem like good bets for a Mario-themed E3.
Well... That's why I originally predicted Chief for 11 and because several of my contacts said very on the nose stuff concerning Nintendo and Microsoft went down back in December and January but new info has come up and I have new thoughts. For starters, as far as Western characters, nobody rivals Mario like Chief and Crash. It's no contest. Chief is the face of Microsoft and Crash, while having a weird history, was basically Sony's Mario until the early 2000's and has very obviously come back in a monstrous way recently. Those two are definitely Snake, Megaman, Pac-Man, etc caliber reveals. The other thing that has strangely come up recently is that, in the face of information I had gotten earlier this year, Microsoft wasn't the last company to cross the finish line for getting content in Season 2... Supposedly it was Capcom which actually fits in the strange narratives of people I was in contact with at the beginning of this year and possibly why there was such an enormous buzz about the character around the time Byleth was revealed. It's... Interesting. Information changes and sometimes you're just like... "Well, ****....now I need to rethink things..."

Firox

Smash Master
"We're pleased to reveal a brand new Pokemon game: Pokemon Gun Version, a mobile only free-to-play gacha FPS game. There is only one map, but you can pay for in-game credits that allow you to tailor the map in your favor. The only Pokemon you can get to start is Rattata, but you can use credits to spin a slot machine. If all three of the symbols match up, you get Pokeorbs that you can use to purchase new Pokemon to play with. The most you can get per triple line-up is 50 Pokeorbs, and the cheapest Pokemon you can purchase is Magikarp at 500 Pokeorbs, with Mega Gigantimax Mewtwo XY being the most expensive (and powerful) at 50,000 Pokeorbs. There is also paid DLC that will be rolled out in the future, adding in even more powerful Pokemon to the shop, and maybe even an entirely new map.

This whole satire made me literally lol, mostly because, again, I could totally see something like this actually happening. Also, props for the cheapest Pokemon being the 500 Pokeorb Magikarp. ROFL What a total kick in the nuts. Reminds me of the Southpark episode when they ripped on the freemium games.

"Freemium, where the 'mium' is Latin for 'not really'. The key is to make the game just BARELY fun. That way, they have to pay to MAKE it fun."

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Something I want to mention that I have never seen brought up about the Legacy XP takedown is the fact that, if this takedown wasn't for Geno, why didn't they takedown Brawl Minus? In case you are unaware what Brawl Minus is, its a mod of Brawl that basically tries to make every character overpowered. Anyways, one of the new characters introduced in that mod is Waluigi, who is also in Legacy XP. I have a feeling if Waluigi was CP7, Nintendo would take down Brawl Minus as well, since Waluigi appears in both that and Legacy XP, but they only took down Legacy XP. And c'mon, are they really gonna add Shadow or Metal Sonic? I think out of any character the Legacy XP takedown could be for, the most likely to me, seems to be Geno, going off of this.

Full disclosure, I do acknowledge this probably means nothing and is just an instance of Nintendo being Nintendo, but I did think this was interesting, so I decided to share it with all of you.
I think this is a fair point. Yeah it could be that Nintendo just didn't decide to touch Brawl Minus, but this is notable. Also worth pointing out that Ridley is also in Legacy XP and they didn't touch it prior to his reveal either, so it could be that a third party company was the one who cared enough to push Nintendo to go after a takedown.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I still want Belome as a two-phase boss where during the second phase he spits out a clone of your fighter to aid him in battle. Or Bowyer who shoots arrows that reverse your controls or lock your specials or jump for a little while.

There are many new bosses that could've been introduced with the return of the concept. Eggman should've been a boss, maybe a Wily Machine, or a Metal Gear, or King Boo, or Mother Brain etc. Here's a crazy idea: If he can't be playable, have Shadow The Hedgehog as a boss, with his full range of chaos abilities (and maybe a gun or rocket launcher or two). A super powerful but fighter-sized boss who's immune to flinching would be a nice change of pace. It'd feel like an over-the-top stamina battle against a unique fighter.

There are a ton of bosses that could've returned as well. Porky is completely absent in Ultimate, so if he isn't playable then his boss returning would've been nice. Rayquaza could've come back (maybe relocated to a cloud-based arena?). Even Tabuu could've been someone's Classic Mode boss, to be honest. I'm not really sure why Galleom came back but didn't bring any of the other Subspace bosses.
Adding to this... There are several Classic Mode campaigns that feel like they suddenly and jarringly drop the theming that they'd had running through the whole thing when Master Hand shows up as the boss.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I had a dream that the direct happened and the Smash reveal started. It was a cinematic of Mario Kart, and Waluigi drove past the screen. I was shocked because I really doubt Waluigi. But then it just kept going. Waluigi drove around and around the track for about 5 minutes and then the trailer ended. It then cut to a clip of Sakurai shrugging and then the direct was over.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Now, if Geno does appear as challenger 7, which character may take over the longest request character spot? (Other than Waluigi of course.)

Also, how would Geno's trailer play out if you want to run your imagination.

D

Deleted member

Now, if Geno does appear as challenger 7, which character may take over the longest request character spot? (Other than Waluigi of course.)

"Never Ever" after Geno: Not really sure on this one. Maybe Isaac? If we aren't counting ATs, I feel like Dixie and Lloyd would be up there.

Trailer: I was thinking about this yesterday. I've had an idea for one a while back, but a simple idea is to make a homage to the Bowyer fight. Instead of Mario going in to protect Geno, it's Geno going in to protect Mario. Bowyer himself could be represented by the projectile characters like the three Links, Byleth etc.

D

Deleted member

Hmm not really sure. Maybe a few names that could take the spot like Dixie, Sora, or Isaac.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
As I've said before, we don't need theories (whether they be more grounded or more tinfoil-esk) to prove Geno chances.

Sakurai likes Geno, he has wanted him in Smash, Geno has been a long sought-after character for years, Ultimate has been about making those fan desires come true, and Geno's Mii costume is suspiciously MIA still. Bada bing bada boom, we have legitimate arguments in favor of Geno that aren't just "crackpot theories."

Yes, the possibility of Geno being a Mii costume is always there looming, but as people have been saying, we don't always need go acknowledge it and there is definitely... something in the air. I will never say a character is a lock because we gotta remember Nintendo is Nintendo. Yes, Waluigi and Paper Mario are more iconic and probably important to Nintendo. As such, there is a real possibility Geno could be passed up for them. ...however, I remember people saying similar things about how Nintendo would "definitely pick Minecraft content over Banjo-Kazooie content." Listen, if Nintendo gave the go-ahead to not pick a character from the most successful video game of all time and pick a muuuuuch smaller (in comparison to Minecraft) platforming character who hasn't been on a Nintendo system for years... Geno definitely isn't an impossibility. Far from it, in my opinion. I feel as if there is more than enough for Geno fans to think he has a really good shot.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

Isaac has a more rich history of tangible fan demand than Waluigi.

Waluigi support has always been big, but he wasn't a clear frontrunner until recent years because people wanted other Mario options like Daisy, Toad, Bowser Jr., Captain Toad, Rosalina, Paper Mario, Kamek, Fawful, and hell even Monty Mole and Angry Sun in. Now that most of these seem either impossible or are already in, Waluigi is the last feasible one and he sticks out like a sore thumb. I think people overrate what the demand was for both Waluigi and Crash back in the mid 2000s. They were certainly commonly talked about, but their fanbases weren't nearly as united for a common goal like Geno and Isaac fans were. It wasn't until other Mario characters started getting in that Waluigi really started gaining steam, same with Banjo for Crash. Don't get me wrong, they're HUGE nowadays and that is important, but I see a lot of people talking about them as titans of character speculation since Brawl.

Characters like Ridley, K. Rool, Geno, Isaac, etc. were always no doubt about it frontrunners in domains of online discussion dedicated to Smash Bros dating back to Brawl. Dixie Kong and Lloyd also get honorable mention. People may say that is an "echo chamber", but I think an echo chamber holds meaning when it's a chamber of the people who care about and play the Smash games the most.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord

You forgot to add "Please understand" LOL

Dukefire

Smash Master
For the trailer for Geno, why pay a homage to him with either a sprite retro to modern (like Duck Hunt) or an dedicated animation entirely.

It could start with Mario, Peach, Bowser and Cloud (SMRPG was made by Square Enix) are facing more of Dharkon's forces. A wish was sent out with a small doll on the ground and the Star Road above sending down a warrior to combat against the threat below. There, a Star Spirit possess the doll and flash of light emits. Dharkon's forces are confused with Star bullets and ROCKET PUNCH coming from nowhere and turns to see GENO springs life for battle (moves to fight).

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

To answer your first question, it would definitely be Isaac. Isaac has been requested before the Brawl days and just like Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, and Geno, Isaac has his fair share of detractors as well, saying how he will never be in because his franchise is too obscure.

As for your second question, I think playing around with the idea of Spirits would be an amazing way to do this trailer. I think Mario, Bowser and Peach should be fighting a Spirit-possessed Sheik. The three do damage to the Sheik, and then Sheik gets knocked out and lies on the floor. The Spirit releases itself from her body, and floats around Mario, Bowser and Peach and heads toward a doll that is just sitting besides some trees. The Spirit then possesses the doll and the doll is revealed to be Geno. And then Geno poses with his tagline,

GENO! SHOOTS FOR THE SEVEN STARS!

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Isaac has a more rich history of tangible fan demand than Waluigi.

Waluigi support has always been big, but he wasn't a clear frontrunner until recent years because people wanted other Mario options like Daisy, Toad, Bowser Jr., Captain Toad, Rosalina, Paper Mario, Kamek, and hell even Monty Mole and Angry Sun in. Now that most of these seem either impossible or are already in, Waluigi is the last feasible one and he sticks out like a sore thumb. I think people overrate what the demand was for both Waluigi and Crash back in the mid 2000s.
For reference, if you mess around with the old Nsider forums archive, the few threads that exist in the Wayback machine show people like Lyn and even the Angry Sun from Mario were more popular than even Banjo at the time (or rather, Banjo was seen as non-viable for a number of reasons)

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Isaac, Shantae, Bandanna Waddle Dee maybe? I dunno, it sort of depends on who we end up getting, really.

I've done this kind of thing several times with several different scenarios. One of them was Mario, Bowser and Peach being overrun by a troupe of evil Young Links lead by an evil BotW!Link, and before they get arrowed to death Geno comes in and saves them. Another was a play on the Smash 64 intro where there's an explosion in the toybox in the background and Master Hand goes to pull him out and reveal him to Mario and company.
Neat idea, but a bit too heavy-handed. Speaking of, I've got a cool idea for one:
Scene opens with Mario, Peach and Bowser being chased by a group of evil Young Links through a forest at night, sort of like the one seen in Hero's Trailer. The Young Links are firing numerous volleys of arrows at the trio. Mario is throwing fireballs at the Young Links in an attempt to both fight them back as well as burn away their arrows. Peach brandishes her Frying Pan at the aggressors and even manages to reflect a couple of arrows back at them using it. Bowser is breathing fire at them and swiping at them with his claws. Bowser then notices that Mario and Peach are struggling a bit, so he decides to rush in and act as a diversion so they can flee. Bowser brings up his shield to block the arrows, which come at such a frequency that it breaks. Bowser then takes numerous arrows in a scene reminicient of the iconic moment from the movie Platoon.

The scene cuts to Mario and Peach fleeing with several Young Links in pursuit. The Young Links manage to back the duo up against a rock wall. Surrounded at all sides, they brace themselves. The Young Links then fire another volley of arrows, but before this can happen, the scene shifts upwards towards the night sky. A star twinkles in the distance, before racing down to the ground like a meteor. The star is revealed to be a person hidden in shadow, who manages to reflect the volley of arrows back at the hordes using his left arm, which appears to have dislocated itself. This mysterious person re-orientates that arm and rears back with their right arm over their left shoulder. The shadows that enveloped them disappear to reveal their identity. Cue splash screen:

GENO GIVES IT A WHIRL!

Geno then fires a Geno Whirl at the Young Links, which blows them all away. Geno then looks over his right shoulder, and smiles and waves at Mario and Peach. The scene then transitions to a montage of in-game footage, showcasing Geno doing all sorts of things from fighting enemies, using his moves, as well as a few scenes that reference his home game. One idea I have is that they show him on the World of Light overworld flying towards his Spirit Battle. The montage ends with Geno using his Final Smash to dispose of a group of Young Links. The Smash Ultimate logo pops up "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars".

The trailer ends with one last CG shot of Geno, Mario and Peach rejoining with Bowser. Geno hands Bowser a Heart Container, which brings the Koopa King back to full health.
A idea I like, as you mentioned in 4, would be to include Mario, Peach and Bowser in the trailer, since those three were also party members in the game and you could accomplish something similar to the scenarios I mentioned above. And I've thought of a great way to do it, too! REVEAL TRAILER CONCEPT TIME!

The trailer opens with a recreation of the classic Smash N64 intro, with Master Hand hurriedly assembling a suitable battlefield for his Mario toy to engage in combat on. With the field set a quick countdown courtesy of everyone's favorite hand, the Mario toy jumps to life and strikes a pose. But suddenly, just as the area begins to morph into a more fantastical arena, a loud explosion can be heard off in the distance, where the toybox was. Mario flinches as the shockwave courses through the platform. Off in the distance, opposite of the toybox, Peach and Bowser (and maybe some other Smash combatants like Link or Kirby) rush over to Mario's side.

Mario and Master Hand, the latter of which is now also at Mario's right side, give a quick glance at eachother in disbelief. After a brief beat, Master Hand points upwards and bobs up and down a bit as if to say "Don't worry, I'll check it out.". Master Hand then floats over towards the toybox and peers inside... at least as much as a disembodied hand can peer, anyways. After a brief glance, he jumps back in a slightly shocked manner and proceeds to reach into the box and grabs something out of it, persumably whatever it was that caused that loud explosion. It's not quite clear who or what it is that he has just grabbed, as it appears to be small enough to be perfectly concealed within his grasp.

Master Hand slowly brings himself back to the main platform, person/object in tow. Mario, Peach, Bowser, and whoever else is there, are bracing themselves. Of note, Peach is readying her frying pan in both hands. Master Hand then lays his fist on the ground and opens himself up. His whole "body" is blocking the character's views for that extra suspense. He begins to slowly lift himself up, revealing what or who it was he had grabbed. The camera pans up what appears to be a person. Upon fully lifting himself up, the camera cuts to Mario and company in shock. And with a brief arm fold and a nod, cue splash screen.

While the other characters look on either in shock or in confusion, as they don't recognize Geno in the slightest, Mario, Peach and Bowser are beyond happy to see their old friend again, cheering and/or waving at his arrival... well, except for maybe Bowser, who points at him and growls in a sort of "I remember you!" kind of way. (He's a bit of a tough guy that way.) Cue gameplay montage showcasing what Geno's playstyle is all about, with a good helping of references to SMRPG ending with his Final Smash. Cue Super Smash Bros. Ultimate logo X Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

As a stinger, a red Wario picks up a Star Rod and proceeds to ride off across the Bridge of Eldin on his bike with Geno in hot pursuit.

You forgot to add "Please understand" LOL
I considered it, but that's more a Nintendo thing than it is a Pokemon Company thing. Plus, it's way overused.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Crash, I'd say. He's up there with Cloud as one of the biggest characters heavily associated with PS1.

As for the trailer, you should check out the trailer I made a while back on this thread:
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2905#post-23997790

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Here's our resident Fatmanonice Fatmanonice being name-dropped 14 years ago in a Brawl character suggestion thread on Nsider

1594829448104.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Huh. This happened, apparently.

Lol
This is also why blasting people on potential info is stupid. He may actually know but it's not like he's going to be like "okay guys, you caught me" while he looks coyly sheepish and a 90's sitcom laugh track plays. If he admitted to a leak, he'd pretty much be fired immediately because he's technically in the industry. No sane person with a big social media presence would do this. For example, I could say things about the University I work at that would probably get me sued and it's a similar concept here. When you blast people with potential insider info, you typically either look like an asshole or a dumbass.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Again, the sky is the limit for characters joining Smash Bros regardless of one being a spirit prior to fighter (well, not with characters not from Video Games and maybe AT and post spirits from events). The Fan Rules are just made to justify certain made up conditions people think won't be broken.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The new "long time requests" after Geno would definitely be Isaac, Dixie, Lloyd, and maybe Krystal. Bandana Dee and Waluigi just recently became major requests.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
New Sakurai Column is out, just him talking about Min Min, nothing major. Important thing is

Straight from the man himself, ONLY 5 more DLC fighters, after they are finished, development is DONE. Can we please stop acting like any of this talk about bonus characters makes sense?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, in the back of mind, I did wanted additional after. Still, no more after FP2 is clear to me. Though, two years is enough for a people to think, but we will see.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I do hope people understand I REALLY want Geno playable, I just have a huge target on me labeled "Geno Fan" and if he does not end up getting in smash I am going to hear about it.

I'd rather brace myself for the possibility of getting a Mii costume and try and be happy with that potential outcome, otherwise if that ends up as Geno's fate I'll be hit with not only disappointment but also the internet rubbing it in. So I mention the Mii costume possibility and preemptively give my thoughts on it as often as possible. This helps prepare myself to be "ok" with it in case it happens and also hopefully soften the backlash from the internet ( as it will be known before hand that I am ok with accepting such an outcome ).

Some times I even find myself watering down my own Geno support purposefully because I don't want to come off too biased.

I am trying to give an honest look at speculation and that can be tough to do when you strongly want a character. Geno has often been a part of smash speculation rumors/theories etc... for Smash Ultimate so its hard to avoid talking about him. Sometimes I feel like I'm mentioning him too much and try and cut back simply to keep thing level headed and fair. Maybe I sometimes avoid it too much or downplay some thing going in Genos favor too much. Again I do this simply to try and avoid coming off bias, but I'm also well aware downplaying things too much and I'm being dishonest about his chances (which are legitimately very good). It is truly a balancing act I'm trying to pull off by being a fan of Geno and also trying to not look like I'm overly bias in favor of him.

So I apologize if I have disheartened anyone by doing any of that. Truth is I think Geno has an excellent shot at becoming a playable character and I have tons of hope for him becoming one!!!

D

Deleted member

I do hope people understand I REALLY want Geno playable, I just have a huge target on me labeled "Geno Fan" and if he does not end up getting in smash I am going to hear about it.

I'd rather brace myself for the possibility of getting a Mii costume and try and be happy with that potential outcome, otherwise if that ends up as Geno's fate I'll be hit with not only disappointment but also the internet rubbing it in. So I mention the Mii costume possibility and preemptively give my thoughts on it as often as possible. This helps prepare myself to be "ok" with it in case it happens and also hopefully soften the backlash from the internet ( as it will be known before hand that I am ok with accepting such an outcome ).

Some times I even find myself watering down my own Geno support purposefully because I don't want to come off too biased.

I am trying to give an honest look at speculation and that can be tough to do when you strongly want a character. Geno has often been a part of smash speculation rumors/theories etc... for Smash Ultimate so its hard to avoid talking about him. Sometimes I feel like I'm mentioning him too much and try and cut back simply to keep thing level headed and fair. Maybe I sometimes avoid it too much or downplay some thing going in Genos favor too much. Again I do this simply to try and avoid coming off bias, but I'm also well aware downplaying things too much and I'm being dishonest about his chances (which are legitimately very good). It is truly a balancing act I'm trying to pull off by being a fan of Geno and also trying to not look like I'm overly bias in favor of him.

So I apologize if I have disheartened anyone by doing any of that. Truth is I think Geno has an excellent shot at becoming a playable character and I have tons of hope for him becoming one!!!
Hello PapaGenos! I am a huge fan and I love your videos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom