• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The key thing (and not just here, but literally everywhere), isn't "hype responsibly", it's "don't be a toxic person if you don't get what you want". Hype yourself through the roof if you feel like it, but in the end if you're upset; don't create content where you literally rant about how Nintendo "failed" or how DLC 7+ sucks and Fighters Pass 2 is a waste of money.

That's not to say that you can't be disappointed by the upcoming direct/DLC, just that there is a difference between saying "I'm underwhelmed/disappointed" and "Holy ****, this f***** sucks. Nintendo made us wait a year for this and it's not something I want."
I must say, even though I forgot about that, I really don't think that is going to happen at all, given how most, or all of us seem to be calm already. I don't know what others will think of us in that regard, but I am sure we're much better that this. That is probably the reason I did not bring this up.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I get what you mean by it being overdone, but let me be honest: I forgot some people aren't like that enough to be disappointed in the end, though I believe I did say something about not everyone gets disappointed somewhere. Either way, I must be straight: I am sorry if I offended you, in particular (not just you, though).
No no, we're all good! We just have slightly different views on the matter. I feel like I have to apologize if anything, since some of my words might've come off as mildly passive aggressive, but that could just be me. No worries from my behalf.

I wasn't referring to you specifically. Like I said, calling it out is fine. It's just that some were saying the intentions are suspicious or calling it "concern trolling" and I wanted to clear that up.
Got it. That is something worth addressing, as I think for the most part, this just seems like a case of misunderstanding. Good to know we're all on good terms pretty much.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I’m a content creator myself, I wouldn’t want to show too much bias. But if the community and GameFAQS gets furious at me for thinking a character is extremely likely, joke is on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Some of us nut jobs have been on this train for fifteen ****ing years, and now, with things looking better than ever, with the culmination of everything finally reaching its apex, with the end goal of all this nonsense finally being within reach, knowing that this may very well be a good chunk of this ragtag band of nerds’ last ride together, somehow people expect caution and restraint, because “aaaa don’t get your hopes up.” **** that ****, it’s the last day of school and we’re making the most of it, cause once it’s over, it’s over, and in the words of Clancy Brown,
only a few short years ago I would have said geno was as much of a pipe dream as magikarp or the ray mk ll, sometimes I need to step back and just take in just how surreal it is that geno actually has a serious shot after all this time. I wonder sometimes how newcomers to smash or nintendo in general see ultimate compared to the vets because this game honestly feels like it shouldn't exist. I swear one of these days I'm going to wake up and find out it was all a mass hallucination.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I think it's due to the state of the general Smash community at this point. He has to appease them so much with his speculation that he goes on wild speculation tangents to fit whatever flavor of the week theory the speculation community is currently coked up on
Pretending like all Geno related stuff isn't a tangent all its own.

And what's up with all the Paper Mario "being inevitable" popping up now? Just because his game is releasing Friday even though most people will forget it by Monday? Did we not just go through this with Steve and Banjo last year?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
PapaGeno's discord is full of Smash zoomers who absolutely abhor Geno and everything else associated with boomerdom because their older brothers used to give them a hard time over "whose turn" it was to play video games. I can see the pain in his eyes when he has to entertain the idea that yet another literally-who might be hinted at because his fanbase would crucify him if he dismissed them outright.

A lot of them are contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, just off hand I was involved in a ridiculous argument where multiple people were all very confident that Undyne from Undertale had an infinitely higher chance of getting into Smash than Geno, and another where a completely different group of people were all quite vocally expressing the idea that Jimmy T would get in over Ashley in a world where WarioWare had a second Smash character. In reference to the various character polls I've seen a lot of people say how they would prefer none of the highly polled characters make it as DLC as they prefer to be surprised.

Papa is in a really precarious position where if he expresses his desire and discounts the idea of the "premium Mii Geno" that NuSmash fans have cooked up, he'll be a target of his discord's ire.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure Papa Geno's is still rooting for Geno. He's mentioned it multiple times in recent videos and his channel is basically themed around Geno related stuff. The man clearly likes this character. He just probably wants to look at different angles on any topic, which is fair, especially when you're making theories and speculating. I don't think there's a deeper meaning with it

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
And what's up with all the Paper Mario "being inevitable" popping up now? Just because his game is releasing Friday even though most people will forget it by Monday? Did we not just go through this with Steve and Banjo last year?
Your first mistake was assuming the Smash community ever learns anything at all. :ultpacman:

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
PapaGeno's discord is full of Smash zoomers who absolutely abhor Geno and everything else associated with boomerdom because their older brothers used to give them a hard time over "whose turn" it was to play video games. I can see the pain in his eyes when he has to entertain the idea that yet another literally-who might be hinted at because his fanbase would crucify him if he dismissed them outright.

A lot of them are contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, just off hand I was involved in a ridiculous argument where multiple people were all very confident that Undyne from Undertale had an infinitely higher chance of getting into Smash than Geno, and another where a completely different group of people were all quite vocally expressing the idea that Jimmy T would get in over Ashley in a world where WarioWare had a second Smash character. In reference to the various character polls I've seen a lot of people say how they would prefer none of the highly polled characters make it as DLC as they prefer to be surprised.

Papa is in a really precarious position where if he expresses his desire and discounts the idea of the "premium Mii Geno" that NuSmash fans have cooked up, he'll be a target of his discord's ire.
Those "fans" would be silenced/discredited if Geno made the cut. Of course, there will be complaining from them, but the cheers will outshine them

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

1594784558289.png

Me fending off all the Zoomers

Real talk though, I think the issue is not with Papa, but with the sorry state the speculation community has been in for a while. As somebody who covers all the speculation trends in the community, his content can only go so far as the speculation will allow it. His server is really just a cross section of the general Smash community and that's what makes it so problematic. I dunno what it is, but the community went in a downward spiral it has yet to correct itself from since November 1st 2018.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
View attachment 278464
Me fending off all the Zoomers

Real talk though, I think the issue is not with Papa, but with the sorry state the speculation community has been in for a while. As somebody who covers all the speculation trends in the community, his content can only go so far as the speculation will allow it. His server is really just a cross section of the general Smash community and that's what makes it so problematic. I dunno what it is, but the community went in a downward spiral it has yet to correct itself from since November 1st 2018.
Interesting. Can I hear why it's gone downhill since then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One of the biggest problems about the Smash community in a nutshell:

Imagine being so hostile towards someone and go measures like bullying and gatekeeping because they want a character in a kids video game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm not sure if I could tell ya, but I feel like the feeling the general community has given off since then has not been a good one. It's gotten more hostile, I feel. I think it's the divisions the Grinch Leak created and the general disappointment of the November 1st direct that spawned the teams of "pessimism" vs "hopefulness". Sprinkle in some gate keeping on top of that and you've got the vague idea of what I think went wrong with the community.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if DLC bosses could be a thing in this FP.

If they are, Smithy as one of the bosses would be really cool.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm not sure if I could tell ya, but I feel like the feeling the general community has given off since then has not been a good one. It's gotten more hostile, I feel. I think it's the divisions the Grinch Leak created and the general disappointment of the November 1st direct that spawned the teams of "pessimism" vs "hopefulness". Sprinkle in some gate keeping on top of that and you've got the vague idea of what I think went wrong with the community.
That makes sense. So did the Team Real and Team fake turn into the pessimism and optimism camps we see today or is it a more complicated thing?

One thing the Grinch Leak taught me was to not trust Nintendo Youtuber's intentions as much.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
So did the Team Real and Team fake turn into the pessimism and optimism camps we see today or is it a more complicated thing?
I feel like most of team fake who had all their prior views reinforced went on to form the pessimism camp along with a large portion of team real who got burnt so badly by November 1st and all the feelings surrounding it that they never really felt comfortable being really optimistic again. The rest of team real who managed to get over Grinch went into the optimism along with a sliver of team fake who guessed Grinch was fake due to, admittedly, knowing better instead of just labeling it as fake due to pessimism.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
"Stop hopelessly rooting for Geno, you boomers. Literally no one cares about him, not even Sakurai when he said he did. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's theory-crafting is literally responsible for me getting polio and you guys are all just a part of his evil cult. In fact, you stinky Geno fans (bleh, almost threw up just saying that irrelevant doll's name) need to learn when to give up. I know I said the same sort of things to Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie fans, but this time I know I'll be right. Just you pitiful Geno fans wait and see."

IMG_20200529_172751.jpg

Powerman293

Smash Ace
IMO I still think characters from bad games shouldn't be allowed in Smash. A Gaming Hall of Fame shouldn't allow characters like Bubsy or the CheetahMen in. And Paper Mario's games are bad right now. So he shouldn't get in until Nintendo fixes it.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
IMO I still think characters from bad games shouldn't be allowed in Smash. A Gaming Hall of Fame shouldn't allow characters like Bubsy or the CheetahMen in. And Paper Mario's games are bad right now. So he shouldn't get in until Nintendo fixes it.
I mean, Sonic's most recent game before his appearances have been 06, Lost World, and Forces, all of which are generally considered to be varying degrees of bad, the last Star Fox game was Zero, and Banjo's had Nuts & Bolts. Obviously Paper Mario isn't quite in the same league as these guys (except for maaaybe Star Fox), but clearly we're celebrating the characters' best outings, not just the current state of the series.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Right, so basically before Ultimate's final roster was revealed, we had no idea who would end up getting in. As such, a lot of fanbases all thought that their character was more likely for completely different reasons. Whether it be because of chairs in the background, trademarks getting renewed, new games coming out soon, or simply because they really wanted them, everyone was able to sit in their little gated communities and circlejerk about how their character would get in over everyone else.

But when November rolled around, and that final roster was revealed, a lot of these communities had to come to terms with the harsh reality that, unless they were popular enough or had enough going in their favor, their character most likely isn't getting in. No Skull Kid, no Ashley, no Shovel Knight. Even though there was still DLC yet to come, the chances of characters like Slippy or Bandanna Waddle Dee getting included as DLC were slim to none.

As a result, they became cynical and jaded. Speculation became less fun due to the pool of hopefuls being significantly reduced, and those that were left weren't the ones they wanted. They began to deeply resent those remaining fan-favorites more than ever, given that such fan demand was most likely the impetus for the likes of Ridley and King K. Rool making it in to begin with. I think that helps explain in part why Banjo's hatedom pre-reveal was so strong compared to Ridley or King K. Rool, and why Geno's is so strong today.

These people can't stand that their characters doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting in whereas, at this current moment, the likes of Geno, Rex, and pretty much any characters that aren't the ones they want, still do. They'll try everything in their power to shame you and tear you down in the vain hope that somehow, some way, it'll make them feel better about what they don't have. It hasn't, it can't, and it won't. Miserable people dewlling on the past will never find peace.

The only way these people will begin feeling better about themselves is for them to just get the **** over it already. Be thankful for the 80+ characters we already have in the game and stop being a prick.

They should make a Bubsy Mii costume, though.
How do I delete someone else's Smashboards account? :ultpacman:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
3USgt2g.gif

If I had said this out loud a year ago I would have been metaphorically beaten to death but I agree. I feel like the series poisons everything it touches at the moment because it has moved so far away from what people loved about the first three games to begin with.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I still think that Mii Costumes of the polygonal PS1 FF7 characters is a god damn genius idea Square hasn't taken up yet because they don't like sharing.
If I got a polygon Barrett gunner, I would not ask for anything ever again. Or a Cait Sith brawler (With the big a** moogle doll)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Honestly Bubsy would be hilarious. I'd happily take him over a lot of popular speculation choices (including 2B who'd be the WORST way to deconfirm Geno).

Powerman293

Smash Ace
View attachment 278472

If I had said this out loud a year ago I would have been metaphorically beaten to death but I agree. I feel like the series poisons everything it touches at the moment because it has moved so far away from what people loved about the first three games to begin with.
Same deal with Corrin. Should not be in because 2/3 of her games are legitimately BAD and the other one was okay at best.

I'm sure there was another character that could have done the dragon morph thing that's from a better game.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Actually, on the subject of Mii Costumes... why didn't we get 'premium' costumes from the start? We already had something somewhat similar with the Black Knight costume, so why wasn't that the standard for Mii costumes meant to represent specific characters? Like, why do we have those weird 'stretched half-heads' like K Rool and Tails? ..Especially odd in Tails' case because Knuckles' hat comparatively covers much more of the Mii's head. But even then, Knuckles is only like halfway towards Cuphead or Sans styled Mii hats. If the Geno Mii hat was really meant to be a 'next best thing' when Sakurai couldn't get him as a fighter in Sm4sh, then why didn't it have Geno's full head worn like a helmet?

Droodle

Smash Lord
-_- people out here saying Fates and modern Paper Mario games are full on bad games. They are definitely empty and soulless, but I wouldn't call them bad games. Conquest by itself has the most polished gameplay out of all the nuFE games, even if Fates story and characters are complete trash. And Paper Mario while it sucks comparatively to the glory days, still works as a product and has some decent music still.

Bad games are things that don't work at all and have massive bugs cough cough Sonic 06 cough cough. Fates and new Paper Mario are lukewarm or middling at worst.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Actually, on the subject of Mii Costumes... why didn't we get 'premium' costumes from the start? We already had something somewhat similar with the Black Knight costume, so why wasn't that the standard for Mii costumes meant to represent specific characters? Like, why do we have those weird 'stretched half-heads' like K Rool and Tails? ..Especially odd in Tails' case because Knuckles' hat comparatively covers much more of the Mii's head. But even then, Knuckles is only like halfway towards Cuphead or Sans styled Mii hats. If the Geno Mii hat was really meant to be a 'next best thing' when Sakurai couldn't get him as a fighter in Sm4sh, then why didn't it have Geno's full head worn like a helmet?
I assume that the development team was having trouble making them earlier on so they had to limit them to be more simple. Nintendo was known to struggle making HD games during the Wii U era. And while the Bandai Namco devs did have experience making HD games, I don't know if Nintendo was planning on doing anything more then necessary.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I just watched PapaGenos new video and I don’t get really feel that “Geno is going to be a Mii Costume and not a playable character” vibe at all from him. Obviously not the outcome you guys would like, but I feel like a Premium Mii costume with a music track could very possibly be something Geno could end up with. I’m not saying Geno isn’t deserving, he comes from a great game with great music and a neat character design, but you have to admit that Paper Mario and Waluigi are far more we’ll known in the modern day Mario fan base / community.

Clearly Nintendo isn’t just catering to the modern day community though as we saw Banjo last year, which to many seemed just as improbable as Geno for a while.

I’m not saying I don’t think Geno as a playable character is impossible, but I have to 100% agree with PapaGenos that it’s a very real possibility of a Mii costume. Hopefully we’ll find out in a few day, this speculation stuff is rough.

Griselda

Smash Lord
-_- people out here saying Fates and modern Paper Mario games are full on bad games. They are definitely empty and soulless, but I wouldn't call them bad games. Conquest by itself has the most polished gameplay out of all the nuFE games, even if Fates story and characters are complete trash. And Paper Mario while it sucks comparatively to the glory days, still works as a product and has some decent music still.

Bad games are things that don't work at all and have massive bugs cough cough Sonic 06 cough cough. Fates and new Paper Mario are lukewarm or middling at worst.
Sonic 06 is glitchy and unfinished, true, but said glitchiness is very exaggerated online, to the point where it's become a meme. And also the game literally came out in 2006, why is it still everyone's go-to punching bag? Most of the time if you don't go out of your way to play oddly and stick to the path, you won't be constantly encountering full on game-breaking glitches. I've fallen through the floor maybe once in all the time I've had the game.

While it's not a 'glitch' and more of a dumb oversight, it's very possible for battles in Color Splash to become unwinnable, something that's been documented online.
Beyond that, though - yeah, the new Paper Mario games aren't 'broken' in the sense that they're unplayable or full of errors. It's still very much possible to clear them the way the developers intended you to... and that's the problem, honestly. They're formed on odd gameplay and development decisions that make playing them feel awkward and make you question why those choices were made compared to the previous games' formula. They work and people buy them and can definitely enjoy and have fun with them, but there's a feeling that they're just 'good enough', and could have been much more.

TexasToast

Smash Rookie
“I serve… a higher authority…”

View attachment 142393

This will be the main topic for discussion the character potential of Geno, one of the main characters from the game "Mario RPG" for the Super Nintendo. I'll update as I think up more information or people post something good. For those interested, his Japanese name is "ジーノ", so that's something to look for from Sakurai/ Japanese sources.

Art by Sean Hicks, Omni Jacala, & Chris Szczesiul

The Brawl Geno thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72298

The entire thread is ALSO posted in the "Credits" section

View attachment 237146Donate for ChildrenView attachment 237145

Update: Geno #1!!!

TO ENSURE BEING ADDED TO THE SUPPORT LIST, "LIKE" THE OP

List of Supporters
Special Thanks
@McFox

♥♪!?
@-Coco-
@?!?!?!
@Aerospherology
@AirMac1
@alemerltoucanet
@amazonevan19
@aquasound
@Arcadenik
@astralAenigma
@Asxin
AugustusB AugustusB
@Autobot N
@AuraCuba
@axel_
@Axelocke
@Banjodorf
@bardbowman
@Bendario
@Blade of Evil's Bane
@BlastState
@BlastoiseKoopa98
@Blue Hunter Z
@Blue_Sword_Edge
@BluePikmin11
@BoyMan
@BrashCandicoot
@candyissweet
@CBO0tz
@CF711
@Chalo5000
@ChaosSharpedo
@Confirmation
@coolcat12347
@cool mario bros
@Crap-Zapper
@CraziiDamon
@CroonerMike
@ctt4lfecw
Smithy (In Spirit)
@Dalek_Kolt
@Dan
@Danelo_G_3
@Darkfur
@Demonfunds
@Denomon3144
@Dionaea_floridensis
@DjinnandTonic
@dkkrang95
@domriver
@Dragon lord
@DragonFire04
@Drakonix
@Dreamking
@Duck$mash
@Dyllybirdy
@Dynamic Worlock
@EarlTamm
@ehat3805
@EntropyAtrophy
@ErenJager
@EricTheGamerman
@FalconFire93
@False Sense
@FamicomDisk
@FCZHornet
@FE_SLaDe
@Fenriraga
@Flynn__
@FooltheFlames
@ForsakenM
@Freduardo
@freebird87
@Frosty Pops
@Funktastic
@FurretBro
@Garbage Cat
@Gazorpazorpfield
@gebi
@Geno Boost
@GenoComet
@GenoStrike
@GenoREBORN
@Gerrothorax
@Giga Kaiju
@GonzaGears
@GooberHonker
goodspeed87 goodspeed87
@Gotta
@Graf von Tirol
@grizby2
@Grunky Peep
@Haunted237
@Hero044
@Houndstooth
@hashupa
@hydrokyogre
@Hyrulekoopa
@Iancineroar
@Icyllya
@IGuessItsOver
@InkyNeko
@InsaneHippo
@ItalianBaptist
@J355315R4D
@JamesDNaux
@Jaster
@Jazzy Jinx
@Jetsurge
@JoeStronger
@Johnknight1
@Just a random scrub
@JustCallMeJon
@Justy7s
@Kaeltor
@Kalomaze
@KanataLen
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice
@KCCHIEFS27
@Kero!
@KingPotato
@kiteinthesky
@Klimax
@Kooj Kooj
@lanky_gunner
@Laszyking456
@Link Okumura
@link2702
@Lisbon Mapping
@LiquidBoxcutter
@Lord Tetris
@lordrogersmith6485
@Luigifan18
@maf91186
@Makko Slade
@MaskedMyster
MattX20 MattX20
@Mariobro_
@MarioMeteor
@Marvel-Otaku-Man
@max_0888
@mbvswb
@Mecakoto
@Megadoomer
@MephistoSlayer
@MEra
@Mogu
@MooseSmuggler
@Mr Gentleman
@MrBill0327
@MrGameguycolor
@Nauzgo
@Nazyrus
@Nazzul
@NebulaWords
@Necro Toad
@NeerTheEngi
@NeonBorealis
@NintendoFan388
@Noipoi
@NovaFight
@NukeA6
@Oasis_S
@Oblivion129
@OptimisticStrifer
@owjies
@papagenos
@paper roxy
@Penroze
Phantom Joker
@PhantomShab
@PhilosophicAnimal
@pika.thunder25
@Pillsbury_******
@PolarPanda
@Popsydoodles
@praline
@PreedReve
@Pryze
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate
@Raijinken
@Rapwned
@Raider 88
@RedDragon64
@Red Dead Redeemed
@Raheem The Dream
@RetrogamerMax
@Ring-a-Sheep
@Robertroid
@RosaPeach
@Rubbertop
@S.F.L.R_9
@Scoliosis Jones
@Seadra
@Sean Wheeler
@SEGAGameBoy
@SevenGameSet
@SGoW
@ShroomEL
@Sigran101
@SilvaFoxx
@Sinn
@skydogc
@Sleeps with Butterflies
@Slender
@slopdop
@smash puffle
@SmashKeks
@SniperGabe
@socandrewcer
@Solmatter
@SomeGuy328
CannonStreak CannonStreak
@SoopahSanikMoo
@SorrowOfAcheron
@SpaceCadetKeon
@spoilerowl
@SSBBDaisy
@SSBDucky
@SSGuy
@Standlord
@Strider_Bond00J
@SuperNintendoDisney
@SuperNintendoKid
@SuzyHeart
@TBone06
@TCT~Phantom
@Teeb147
@TerminalMontage
@ThatIsFalco
@THE 6r
@TheBeastHimself
@TheCJBrine
@TheOneAndOnlyLuki_
@TheStarlightsFlower
@Thirdkoopa
@thirsty-pocket
@ThoughtfulWanderer
@Tinfoil
@Tiymako
@ToasterBrains
@Toasterman247
@TooManyToastahs
@TreeBranch
@Turtlar
@TylerTheYoshi
@tyrus+
@UberMadman
@valkiriforce
@Wambo
@WampaWreckage
@WarioTheLegend
@Willoftacos
@Wind Chill
@winged hero
@WiredRM
@Xigger
@XenoNeX27
xpnc xpnc
@yakko789
@Zabadoo
@Ze Diglett
@ZelDan
@Zethoro
@Zoljinx_
@ZTurtle
@Zyphyris
---
Polarthief Polarthief
@ShinyReshiram
@SpeedBirds
@Retro18
@Laszyking456
@ChoccyStar
@ItsYaBoyArmando
@Shado-will
@Bee Card
@Zack E.
@Sovereign Trinity
@Luigi The President
@PKFun
@Datboigeno
@djgwiz
@DIY
@JuryRigging
@DaxMasterix
@ayytypical
@Reshi
@Potatu
@berserker37
@PokéfreakofBACON
@Kektendo
@MindReader
@GrungeMan
@Loliko YnT
@My****&MuRaheemThe
@LightningHelix
@Ovaltine
@CoinedLuck
@Tetrin
@REZERO
@Kzinssie
@Hot_N_Tasty
@Eric2625
@TeamChevy86
@lemon demon
@RichieGonzo
@NintendoKnight
@Arcane_
@Necksuss
@ARandomZoomer
@Toshin
@zippyskipy
@3DSNinja
@Ingenious!
@Qualk
@ColtonS25
@Dee Dude
@Jurae818
@Foz
@Atmoz
@RingJ5
@MemeSaucy
@SpiritOfRuin
@Oaterinos
@SkeffVEVO
@noise r us
Rohanx17 Rohanx17
@ShotoStar: Endgame
@Ahm Skittish!
@Musubi
@Vector Victor
MisterMike MisterMike
@PurpleGiraffesMeow
@Glitch-EGamer
@Wazygoose
@Antho
@Krystedez
@cheeseseatbelt
@Genokie
@T2by4
@StarLight42
@Freezerburn
@QQS
@Ray102396
@Qeomash
@YsDisciple
@Zinith
@Supergeno
@max_0888
@Cuzeba123
@Plank08
@Heoj
@Blankiturayman
@TheHeartbreakKid
@Nicnac
@MasterOfKnees
@Bob-Omber
@EmeraldNate
@AJb1205
@Serenade01
@Jorichi
GenoToto GenoToto
@Steflames
@HudU
@Sour D
@kylexv
@Mastadoom88
@Grumbo
@Inawordyes
@Levy22
@- Zero Requiem -
@spongeabc5
@Wish7s
@Corbin
@The Anigriffin
waterhasataste waterhasataste
@Comorant
@Kuma_
Griselda Griselda
@LunarDistortion
AdamBel731 AdamBel731
Malo Mart Malo Mart
@JoscarGamma
Enigma735 Enigma735
@Super10ZX
@DarkShadow20
@MrJudd
@RedMachine123
@Lagguino
@JDCabrera
@JarBear
@Springwood Slasher
@GodzillaGuy64
@Kremling Kommander
@TheHeartbreakKid
Lord Woomy Lord Woomy
@Xehanort1372019
@Spatulo
@TTF
@Franco Geno
@RageCage271
@Crankshadow
@MarioTime
@OffBi
@MarcelinoBros92
@Genome

(over 350 confirmed members so far)
(With Legacy Supporters, it's over 444!)

Legacy Supporters (Beta Version)
Past Supporters of Geno that haven't posted in this current thread
@AIM0001
@APC99
@AEMehr
@acekidgravity
@Autumn ♫
@andimidna
@ArturoLamilla

@bagoly14
@Big-Cat
@Booster
@Banjo-Kazooie

@ChunkyBeef
@cool mario bros
@Cyberguy64
@Chauzu
@Cheezey Bites
@Crawful
@Creo

@Drs. FalKoopa
@Dark Emperor Hardin

@Ember Reaper
@EmceeEspio
@Enigma14
@Etc_Guy

@Frontiers
@Foz
@Ferio_Kun
@FZ64
@Fisher

@geno
@Guybrush20X6
goodspeed87 goodspeed87

@Holder of the Heel
@Hoots
@Hero_of_T1me_1997

@Iko MattOrr
@IVIr.G
@iam8bit

@JohnnyJoestar~JoJo

@Knuckles the Knuckles
@Kind Dedede
@Kevandre
@KVLTofMetal
@KenboCalrissian

@LaniusShrike
@Lilfut

@MR. K
@mrbrawl
@M52B28
@Mr. Mumbles
@Matthew "Demo" Rak
@Mariohuge
@Mariuigi
@Marxally

@Neosquid
@Neanderthal
@NukeA6
@NessOnett
@Nintendo_Addict
@Nguz95

@Oblivion129
@Oracle_Summon
@OddCrow

@Rockaphin
@RetroBro

@Shorts / Shortiecanbrawl
@SmashShadow
@Starcutter
@shadowjosh
@SirGalvan
@Steelia
@sunfallSeraph
@StaffofSmashing
@STARRRaptor
@SchAlternate
@Staarih
@Simensis
@SilverWind1
@Skyfox2000

@True Blue
@Thebluecomet
@Two Big Guys For You
@theenlightenedone

@VictoryIsMudkipz
@Vyzor
@vicgur

@Wondra
@Wizzrobe
@Wiley

@Xigger

@YoshiandToad
@Yunior597
@yani

@Z25

(You can also support our sister thread, Mallow)
https://smashboards.com/threads/mallow-frog-prince-from-the-beyond-the-clouds.456009/

View attachment 152317

by N3ON

C'mon Everyone's gotta do their part!

Geno has only had 2 appearances in the Mario universe, the second being a cameo in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga. Despite that, during the days of Brawl, the many who grew up with Mario RPG and remembered it's pure awesomeness rose up and spread their passionate cry out to Nintendo. -Which Nintendo heard faintly, but ignored. However, Brawl's legwork had already been laid at that point and it was too late for them to change much. It's a new generation and Geno followers can hope and pray their savior shall return. Legally, Geno is a Square-Enix character. But in the eyes of Nintendo and even Square themselves, he's a Mario character. I believe that matters most of all, and it could happen if they make the effort.

Geno, after all, saved the mushroom kingdom from danger and continued to raise to the heavens. Before his heavenly ascension, Geno vowed to return one day and cast judgement on those that threatened the world.

Mario RPG was more or less a beginners RPG. Though far from the horrid that is FF: Mystic Quest. However, it's execution was wonderful and used a pseudo 3D technique that was graphically impressive at the time. It was developed by Square-Enix, who were gods among gaming companies at the time and represented their love child with Nintendo, who had been their greatest supporters (Before they fell out in the 64 era). Because of the above, Mario RPG is remembered by a generation.

The character of "Geno" is first seen descending from the heavens as a sword crashes through it straight into Bowser's Castle. The dark mechanical armies of "Smithy" have invaded from their horribly twisted universe to lay waste to the (more or less) peaceful lands. The character at this time is actually a star spirit, and doesn't take the form of Geno until he possesses the toy of a child, and takes the toys name. His own name at that point in unpronounceable (♥♪!?) by humans or mushroom people for that matter. Yes, he's a spiritually possessed doll. Think of Pinocchio in some kind of twisted universe (or Puppetmon). When it comes down to it, Mario may be the hero of the game but it's more or less Geno's story. Mario is just being dragged along, especially when he finds the princess.

The Doll form of Geno appears in cameo form in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga in the mini game "Star 'Stached Smash".

Geno has too much move potential, and a large variety of ways to attack that it's difficult to make a single moveset for him. He uses energy attacks, magic, and guns/ cannons. He could be a ancient, almost steampunk-like, fighter with hidden traps and weapons. A very unpredictable style in that. Think of the puppet masters from Naruto and their various unique ways of fighting.

Potential moves:
Cannon Ball - My idea for Forward smash, similar to snake having ranged smashes. It could have a short range before falling in a small arc. Or something
Pellet shot - My idea for rabid A. He fires pellets from his fingers in a motion where his hand goes up and down. The pellets disintegrate after a short distance.
Rocket Arm - Commonly used for robots in anime. Could also be a potential forward Smash. I've also seen it used as a special in some people's sets.
Star Shot - Geno's ultimate weapon in the game. It shoots out stars and can appear in a number of incarnations I can think of. An effect could also be used for attacks with star looking particles, for example.
Geno Beam - A charging attack in my set. Geno is forced to stand still and charge up energy. Than unleashes in a laser like beam that can be moves around like Lucario's Final Smash
Geno Boost - A buffing technique in the game. Perhaps a Down special that increases his attack?
Geno Whirl - Infamous technique that delt 9999 damage if timed right. Some people say it should be his final smash because of that, but I feel it's more of a forward smash type of thing.
Geno Blast - Another potential Final smash or special. Summons light from the sky that deals damage to the area around him
Geno Flash - THE idea for his Final Smash. Turn into a cannon and fires a powerful blast of light that increases in size, harming all in it's path.

Geno in "Project M" showing possible moveset

View attachment 142395
Examples of possible alternate colors by "zanethedragon"

Here is a general example of a Geno moveset made by McFox during the Brawl days - When I complete my own (It's similar but disagrees in some areas) I'll post it as well. I also have some ideas for alternate movesets based on different attributes of Geno:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7qy2XwUDIo こんにちは桜井さん (Dear Masahiro Sakurai)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBMYR4kJk94 (Geno in Brawl...or else...) - You want to know why Brawl wasn't awesome - They didn't add Geno
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/333390 (Geno Move Generator) - A Flash made during Brawl to represent someone's version of a moveset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lni0rfv_CHA (Rawest Forest) - A mix of the Mushroom Forest theme with Lyrics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grDgWVpZdd4&feature=related (Waltz of the Forest) - A remake of the above song by the same author years later
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj8zw8rrUhM (Beware the Forest Mushrooms) - Geno's "Theme". Associated him because of the maze Geno leads you through
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/443000 (Geno X Dedede) - A fun little flash I found of a battle between Geno and Dedede
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/528856 (Geno X Dedede 2) - The sequel to above. It promises a 3rd that was never released
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OFEVYVBZaA&feature=related (Magic Geno Tribute) - A video someone put together of various Geno fan art
There is a Mario RPG Hentai-Manga thing. No, I am not going to link it. Rule 34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e8TAKgl-ME Video on Geno and his chances in Smash by the user @Delzethin

"Super Mario RPG 20th Anniversary Collaboration "Kigurumi Wakusei"

Why Geno? by @papagenos

Relevant information

Sakurai has actually talked about Geno!
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...ans-one-most-requested-smash-bros-characters/

Sakurai: Geno was actually a character I wanted to include as a fighter. He has a gun for an arm, and just seems like he'd fit absolutely perfectly into Smash.

I was hoping I'd be able to put him in as far back as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but unfortunately that never ended up materializing.
Interviewer: And that's why you included him as a Mii Costume this time around?

Sakurai: Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game. Even though he still isn't in as a playable fighter, I made sure he'd be in as a Mii costume so his fans would at least feel that they got something.

Read more in the article provided

AND OF COURSE, Geno has at least made it INTO THE SMASH SERIES! in one form, playable

Nintendo Remembers!
LOL, I'm not sure it's possible to center a tweet

And I can't find the original source, but Geno was mentioned in the infamous Smash Poll that was talked about during the Brawl speculation age

https://smashboards.com/threads/characters-on-sakurais-poll.71872/

It's His Time!

Merchandise
You can support @TerminalMontage and Geno at the same time with this wonderful shirt!

https://teespring.com/GenoForSmash#pid=2&cid=576&sid=front

Also, user @Raheem The Dream wanted to show off his social media fan group
https://www.facebook.com/Geno4SuperSmashBros.Ultimate/

There is also a Discord
https://discord.gg/cnKf4Vy

Operation Starfall
https://smashboards.com/threads/operation-starfall-bringing-life-to-smrpg-again.467163/
I’m not the biggest Geno supporting but I would love to see him in smash not just for me, but for the entire Smash fandom. So stay hopeful Genobros one day.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
As we continue to day-by-day inch closer and closer to a supposed Direct announcement, I gotta say, there's definitely something in the air; Can't pin it down, but I suppose, it's mainly because the next set of announcements could very well confirm whether or not things we've been waiting for are true. A lot of questions may finally get some answers, including the one that we all have been waiting on for so long. Frankly, I don't want to count my chickens, but, I feel like we may very well be due for something. I can't put my finger on it, but, I have the strongest feeling that I'm gonna need to make sure I'm streaming the presentation that day..

I have to wonder whether or not we'll finally reach Page 3000 before next week!

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
To drive the conversation past that Sweet, Sweet 3,000 marker in time for the 20th...

What would everyone like to see in a SMRPG Sequel? What would be a good arc for GENO’s triumphant return. Or if included in the mainline franchise/traditional Mario title(s), what would you like his role or contribution to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom