• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Every time a certain character is popular in speculation/have vocal communites they get more hate compared to the rest". People weren't complaining about characters like Joker, because he was never really popular during speculation until after he was already confirmed. But characters like Hero and Banjo, etc all get far more hate because they are just constantly brought up during speculation.

Some examples:
Hero: People were saying putting DQ in Smash would be "impossible" and that another Square rep would be chosen instead. They said that the series rights required negotiation with too many parties which makes it impossible and DQ is just leakbait. People were claiming that since DQ got in Jump Force it won't get in Smash.

Banjo: People said that Nintendo would never work together with Microsft, and that Banjo isn't really relevant anymore. No way he would get in before Steve or Master Chief.

Terry/SNK: Barely talked about before the leak. People stated that the company was a "literal who" and that the copyright information was actually a mistake because there's no way a company as niche as SNK would get a character in Smash. People were against Terry in particular because he's too generic.

And that's just the characters that got in, character's that didn't get in also got hate like Tracer or KOS-MOS.

Now let's look at 3 vocal communities and the common criticisms against them:
Geno: "He's too irrelevant and there are more Mario characters left to add". Nevermind the fact that we managed to get Banjo due to fan demand, and that we got Pirahna Plant before "more important Mario characters", Geno's fair game.

Sora: "He's Disney (too hard to negotiate with) and there's no way he can work without Donald and Goofy". Nevermind the fact that Nintendo has already put a ton of DQ stuff into Smash which was also considered impossible by many, and also the fact that Sora has had entire games where he doesn't have Donald and Goofy, Sora's fair game.

Reimu: She's too niche outside of Japan. We already have plenty of "niche" characters in Smash, and Touhou does have a cult following outside of the east as well. Reimu can get in.

That's not to say any 3 of them are "guaranteed", just that they're all fair game. Nintendo has already done "impossible" things before, and if they really want a certain character in Smash; they'll put in that character in Smash.

I'm going to say what I've already said before. In this pass there will be fan-favorites, some obvious omissions, niche characters, huge characters, controversial characters, legacy picks, etc. Nintendo knows how to surprise, they're not predictable AKA the pass isn't going to be something as straightforward as Geno, Lloyd, Rex, Crash, Doomguy, Min-Min.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I wonder if we will hit page 3000 before or after the 20th, announcements or not. At our current rate of discussion, probably not, but the pace can easily change with new info.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if we will hit page 3000 before or after the 20th, announcements or not. At our current rate of discussion, probably not, but the pace can easily change with new info.
It’ll be much more likely if we get more people confirming the existence of a 20 July Direct.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It’ll be much more likely if we get more people confirming the existence of a 20 July Direct.
That would certainly quicken the pace. Nintendo has been better about containing leaks, but if something has been indeed hinted at by insiders this early on, others are sure to follow as the date approaches.

Guess we will just have to wait and see.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
A reminder that the Zelda series largely focuses on a few characters (Link, Zelda, sometimes Ganon) with very few other recurring ones. It's not an issue of whether the Zelda series is popular or deserving, but what kind of source material there is to warrant a new staple fighter. And that's entirely not Sakurai's fault. Same thing with Metroid.

Compare that to Pokemon or Fire Emblem, where one of the main draws and mechanics of those series is a new or expanding cast of characters. Each new entry brings in dozens of new characters--new protagonists even in the case of Fire Emblem--and thus, it's easy to pick and add new ones into Smash.

/reminder
Absolutely not, comparing Pokémon to Fire Emblem is completely disingenuous. Every Fire Emblem character is thematically the same, regardless of move set. You compare over a hundred different types of species with elemental abilities and Body Habitus, to a hundred bad guys with swords. Even their Mage representative uses a sword, which makes me question if Sakurai even uses any Mages in his play throughs. The Levin Sword was historically used by martial units, not casters.

Also, don’t give me the tired and beat-up “Zelda has no characters” song and dance. They added a Piranha Plant, why couldn’t they have added a generic Goron, Zora, Rito, Gerudo, Deku, etc.? It’s just ridiculous at this point.

The only two series that get a pass for having ten times more characters than the rest are Mario and Pokémon. When your series is the top selling video game franchise in the world and the highest grossing media franchise in the world, you are allowed to have as many fighters as you want. Face it, that’s why Super Smash Bros. could have been Super Mario Bros. vs Pokémon and still sold as much as it does, instead it became Fire Emblem vs Video Games

That’s why a double Mario character reveal between Geno and Waluigi is entirely possible in a Mario focused Direct

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Why can't people just want characters without being attacked? Why can't people just speculate on characters without being lambasted?

Every fan of Smash either has/had a character they want(ed) to join the battle. So I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, attackers wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of hate. How about people just let people enjoy things, my God, it is that simple. I get Geno may not be people's cup of tea since he is more niche (compared to bigger character names I mean), but at the end of the day, this is supposed to be a celebration of gaming. There isn't any need to attack other people's hopes and desires. People want different characters from all over the gaming spectrum. You don't have to love Geno. You don't have to love Waluigi, or Rayman, or Isaac, or Sora, or whatever character there is, but you don't attack fans of that character. Don't single out a few bad fans from a fanbase and color all of them in that light. Every fanbase has rotten apples. The Sonic fanbase, the Nintendo fanbase, the Smash fanbase, heck even the Geno fanbase has bad apples. You don't have to like a character, but don't attack their fans as a means to vocalize why you dislike a character. People who go out of their way to tell fans of a character that they're dumb or stupid for wanting that character need to find something better to do with their time. On a totally unrelated note...

*The Geno thread whenever an anti-Geno campaigner makes their way into the thread
IMG_20200708_230038.jpg

I agree with the sentiment earlier, hate for Geno is rising because he is simply becoming more popular and is being seen as a legitimate contender for Smash. As people said, if he didn't have much of a chance, you guys wouldn't be put down all the time. Geno fans don't need the July 7th or Cacomallow theories to stay afloat, there is plenty of Geno evidence aside from theories. So keep that in mind. You guys are riding high right now.

Anyways, Smash is cool, Geno will be in Vol. 2, and everyone should let people hope for whatever characters they want without attacking people.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All the coincidences and circumstantial evidence like how the last two spirit events to have new spirits involved Square Enix properties give off the impression that a Square character is next
If I remember right in a PapaGenos video, fairly reliable sources said 7 is third party which it could be Square. If the July direct is a Mario heavy direct it’s perfect to bring Geno although it could bring someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If I remember right in a PapaGenos video, fairly reliable sources said 7 is third party which it could be Square. If the July direct is a Mario heavy direct is perfect to bring Geno.
We literally just got Square-Enix spirits, so it may not be coincidental timing.

It's certainly plausible~

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel like the Geno or Waluigi thing comes from the fact that even insiders are afraid to break their own rules for speculation. For example, Byleth. Mii Costume Guy leaked Byleth's ALTs and stage in October and even his in-between dismissed it because so many people, myself included, were not only dead set on the Fighter's Pass being third party but would not include anybody debuting after Ultimate's launch because Sakurai told us that the full list had been finalized November 2018. Sakurai had also said Xenoblade 2 and ARMS had been turned down because they came out after production started. That's where we're at right now because most people can't wrap their head around two Mario characters back to back but also taking up 2 of the supposed 5 remaining spaces. Like I've been saying, I don't think the situation is as cut and dry as it appears.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
A reminder that the Zelda series largely focuses on a few characters (Link, Zelda, sometimes Ganon) with very few other recurring ones. It's not an issue of whether the Zelda series is popular or deserving, but what kind of source material there is to warrant a new staple fighter.
The same amount of source material required to add Sheik. Ridiculous statement. The existence of Hyrule Warriors makes any argument in this vein completely nonsensical

and it's an especially silly thing to say in a thread about adding Geno to the game

Last edited:

Edelgard von Hresvelg

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post
The same amount of source material required to add Sheik. Ridiculous statement. The existence of Hyrule Warriors makes any argument in this vein completely nonsensical

and it's an especially silly thing to say in a thread about adding Geno to the game
Sheik was a mistake (and product of the time) that must be kept for the sake of tradition, and Sakurai has never referenced Hyrule Warriors. I'm all for a new Zelda rep, but I'm offering an idea as to why Sakurai hasn't added one in 10 years. I'd love to hear your better idea.

I'm also trying to help you smashers who don't play Fire Emblem understand why there are as many Fire Emblem reps as there are (because I know you don't play the games). I played my first Fire Emblem game around 2016 (Fire Emblem GBA) and I thought it was decent. Then I played Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS and have been in love with the series ever since. Loved Three Houses, playing it again for the third time. Please don't be afraid to give the series a shot.

I also have nothing against Geno in Smash. I did play Super Mario RPG and I liked it. I'm just here out of curiosity and, apparently, to call out people who deride Fire Emblem in threads about Geno.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I feel like the Geno or Waluigi thing comes from the fact that even insiders are afraid to break their own rules for speculation. For example, Byleth. Mii Costume Guy leaked Byleth's ALTs and stage in October and even his in-between dismissed it because so many people, myself included, were not only dead set on the Fighter's Pass being third party but would not include anybody debuting after Ultimate's launch because Sakurai told us that the full list had been finalized November 2018. Sakurai had also said Xenoblade 2 and ARMS had been turned down because they came out after production started. That's where we're at right now because most people can't wrap their head around two Mario characters back to back but also taking up 2 of the supposed 5 remaining spaces. Like I've been saying, I don't think the situation is as cut and dry as it appears.
I doubt we'll get both in this pass, but there is a possibility for Waluigi as bonus DLC. Right now, the spirit events are making me lean towards Square Enix content

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Warned
Sheik was a mistake (and product of the time) that must be kept for the sake of tradition, and Sakurai has never referenced Hyrule Warriors. I'm all for a new Zelda rep, but I'm offering an idea as to why Sakurai hasn't added one in 10 years. I'd love to hear your better idea.

I'm also trying to help you smashers who don't play Fire Emblem understand why there are as many Fire Emblem reps as there are (because I know you don't play the games). I played my first Fire Emblem game around 2016 (Fire Emblem GBA) and I thought it was decent. Then I played Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS and have been in love with the series ever since. Loved Three Houses, playing it again for the third time. Please don't be afraid to give the series a shot.

I also have nothing against Geno in Smash. I did play Super Mario RPG and I liked it. I'm just here out of curiosity and, apparently, to call out people who deride Fire Emblem in threads about Geno.
Conveniently ignore my message and accuse us of not playing Fire Emblem. You started playing Fire Emblem 4 years ago and now think you are an authority. I’ve been playing Fire Emblem since before you were probably even born, get back to me when you’ve played fan translations of the original 6 Fire Emblem games. Take the concern trolling and holier than thou attitude back to Reddit

Also, Shiek was a mistake, lmao, hahaha

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
This is the most condescending thing I've read in quite some time. I have been playing Fire Emblem games since 2003 and have played all of them (including whatever the heck Fire Emblem GBA is, there are several) to completion, having played through 3H four times. Just because you've played the newer ones that are slowly becoming waifu simulators where you can do whatever you want with unit class to the point where it becomes not even unique anymore doesn't make you a good authority on Fire Emblem representation in Smash Bros. I agree that FE deserves a ton of representation in smash, but the choices they've made for who to include have been largely horrible and deserve every bit of the scrutiny they receive.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

Sounds like a Black Eagle alright.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
As a guy who accidentally played one Fire Emblem game for five minutes before getting bored, I do agree that the series deserves better representation. However, the representation it is getting is pretty bad.
We have Marth. And his Echo Fighter, Lucina.
We have Marth’s clone, Roy. And his Echo Fighter, Chrom, who is also Lucina’s dad.

We have Ike.

We have Robin, the only one who didn’t rely on his sword exclusively until DLC.

We have a Corrin, who no one asked for.

And we have Byleth, who no one expected based on Sakurai’s message to Xenoblade fans. Whose moveset could’ve been way better if they pulled a Pokémon Trainer with their weapons.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Conveniently ignore my message and accuse us of not playing Fire Emblem. You started playing Fire Emblem 4 years ago and now think you are an authority. I’ve been playing Fire Emblem since before you were probably even born, get back to me when you’ve played fan translations of the original 6 Fire Emblem games. Take the concern trolling and holier than thou attitude back to Reddit

Also, Shiek was a mistake, lmao, hahaha
Did you really think laughing in someone's face helps your point? You're acting extremely unreasonable to an actually mostly legitimate point. Calling Sheik a mistake is silly, but it's not completely untrue. Sheik's thing is that she held Zelda back from being a plausible character till Ultimate. Because she only exists to make Zelda a character as is. They got in as a team. You weren't going to have one without the other. That was the point. And that's the problem. Sometimes characters are added just for the gimmick and not because they could be interesting on their own.

And yes, they're completely correct about Fire Emblem too. It's nothing like The Legend of Zelda and has gotten a lot of characters due to almost entirely lucky timing. In fact, the only one nod added for that Marth and that's it. Roy had his game coming out soon and was a clone. Robin was simply chosen over Chrom for having a unique moveset, while the game was at just the right. Same Corrin, Byleth, all having good timing. Not to mention Ike. Chrom and Lucina literally only had the clone factor going for them and if it weren't for that, they wouldn't be in.

The thing about The Legend of Zelda is that the Triforce Trio is blatantly more important than the rest too. They don't have a revolving cast. Super Mario doesn't either, and almost all of it are major recurring characters(Daisy is major officially but not recurring in the mainline games. PP is recurring, but not major in the mainline games. They're literally the sole standouts due to not being both).

The problem with the Piranha Plant counter is that it's a surprise character and was not added just because they were looking for another Super Mario rep. In fact, it rarely happens that one is added just to increase a franchise(Zero Suit Samus is one of those cases, as well as a female rep). There's not a lot of surprise characters, but that's the only thing PP was similar to, and it wasn't even a base game character, but pretty much always was related to DLC overall. Meaning there was no real competition to keep it from getting in. It wasn't battling for a Super Mario spot either. Waluigi, Geno, Toad, Captain Toad, those all were. And only regular Toad is a mainline series character, who were all in(that includes Daisy, who was planned well before PP) first. The Legend of Zelda doesn't even have all its core characters or any remote secondary characters. There's a lot of important ones not in yet, so getting a generic race before them is a lot bigger deal than Super Mario having a fairly large and unique roster first.

BTW, Pokemon becomes similar to FE by having a flavor of the week character. Lucario, Greninja, and Incineroar were all added due to their Generation being new, though only Lucario was due to the anime. The rest were "Sakurai found these characters via their concept art the most interesting" and pretty much was related to his bias over anything else. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo also apply to flavor of the week. Mewtwo was going to be in Smash 64, when it was a very hot character to note.

We can clearly see that Sakurai doesn't view The Legend of Zelda like FE or Pokemon. It's closer to Super Mario, where he focuses on the major characters first. But it also has the caveat that, again, everyone but Link was special situations. Like, LoZ has a consistent number of stages, items, and AT's/cameos over and over again, so it's one of the most heavily represented franchises in the game. Characters aren't all it has, and keep in mind that you can control barely anyone but a version of Link as well. You could control Zelda in literally... 3 games. The two CD-i games and Spirit Tracks(and not a single one of them were actually good games due to godawful controls. Cool ideas, but didn't work out very well). You could only control secondary characters otherwise via Wind Waker's Command Melody. Fire Emblem, like Pokemon, and even Super Mario, have a ton of characters you directly control. Hell, one of the few other ones you control in Zelda is Epona(her movement) and a few random statues with the Dominion Rod. Sometimes the fact one is playable can matter. This can also help one understand their abilities better. Considering only Zelda and Sheik were unique after Link, it just means Sakurai luckily could think of a moveset for them. He rarely has done made-up movesets in the first place. Pokemon only really had that mainly for Greninja and Incineroar, as the rest had the anime battles to help conceptualize them(and Jigglypuff started off by being based upon a good chunk of Kirby's current moveset). So when you combine the fact that the more major characters in Zelda are still not in, why would a generic race be a better suggestion to come up with? It's a poor analogy to Super Mario. When we get a lot more of the major cast to represent Zelda, then a situation for a surprise race character might be plausible. And it has to be a surprise character too. Otherwise, why not just use all 4 Champions? They're actually worth noting(and they are fairly small characters of note too).

I could go on, but not every franchise is the same. It's silly to compare Zelda to other franchises because there's a lot more context in these situations. Super Mario frankly getting Piranha Plant after having literally all of the core protagonists/antagonists/damsels bar Toad and Captain Toad(again, from mainline games), which is literally 10 characters at that point is purely an outlier, not a good example of how easy it is to add a generic race. If you want an example of "generic races", then Pokemon is the only reasonable example of them being more important than anything else, and most of the time there's flavor of the month more than just the fact the race exists. Or a very important gameplay gimmick too(Pokemon Trainer is the reason Squirtle and Iyvsaur are in, after all).

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Bro ... played the Japanese ROMS using translations and completed almost all of them.

someone who likes fire emblem can say the representation could have been much better. Nintendo didn’t handle the series well for Smash and relied on advertising and a bit tone deaf.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, some more theorycraft to throw in concerning this current Waluigi vs Geno problem.

1. Imran Khan's Words

https://mobile.twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1275067203847483403

I've pointed this out before but his words ring true. Trying to balance first and third party content is a good idea. Because the Fighter's Pass was predominantly third party, does this mean Season 2 will mostly be first? Probably not... One of the simple truths is that most of the really popular characters wanted in Smash are third party. Kind of like Source Gaming's recent big poll showed, 9 out of the top 10 were third party and the highest ranking first was 9th. So what could this mean? Well, we could have an answer if we look to the past...

2. Finding Balance in the Past.

https://mobile.twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1275067203847483403

I mentioned it the other day but Smash 4's DLC was a lot more balanced. Technically 4 first party characters and 3 third. 4 stages from first party franchises and 3 third that could be downloaded for both versions. What's interesting though is that these first party stages had nothing to do with the DLC characters: Peach's Castle, Dreamland, Hyrule Castle, and Smarmio Maker. Three retro stages and one promoting a new game, weirdly coincidental considering the first party characters did the same thing. With this in mind... Why couldn't they do this again: have first party characters and stages that either promote new games or are simply retro stages brought back?

3. Theorizing Balance in the Present

11 new first party characters (8 if you only count unique)
7 new third party characters (5 if you only count unique)

Pokemon is weird because, contrary to popular belief, Nintendo doesn't own the Pokemon Company so Pokemon is technically third party in a weird way. With this in mind, we kind of have a unique category that's in the middle.

10 new first party (7 non echoes)
7 new third party (5 non echoes)
1 middle ground

Surprisingly not too far apart either way. The Fighter's Pass being predominantly third party allowed it to "catch up" in a way. This brings us to the present and one character into Season 2. We have 5 spots left in Season 2 but 9 dummy slots left. We started with 10 but Min Min is first party. Now, in theory, to have "balance", there should be 4 more first party and 5 third party. This is coincidentally very similar to how Smash 4's DLC played out.

As I noted before, Smash 4's DLC first party content didn't typically relate to its first party DLC characters and, theoretically, the same thing could happen again. Third party characters were the ones that got their own stages that came with them while first party didn't. We've already seen this once already with Plant that came by itself. It also makes more sense for new games or franchises to have their own spirit boards, something that's most likely going to be third party. This said, we already have precedent for first party characters to be less likely to get stages that relate directly to them unless they're from a new series.

4. Looking at Stages

Remember, the base game of Ultimate only had three new brand first party stages: New Donk City, Morray Towers, and the Zelda Tower Thingy... Since then, we've gotten two more in the form of the Garage Monastery and Spring Stadium. To this point, we've gotten 5 new third party stages so, coincidentally, they're currently equal. 9 remaining dummy slots and, as Push Dustin pointed out the other day, 9 remaining spaces for stages when you add the custom and random button. You could technically make this even by having a stage from a first party franchise game that was developed by a third party company. Is it cheeky? Yes, but we love cheeky here.

5. Bringin' It All Home

In conclusion, the table is set pretty well for balance on a number of fronts. Even with echoes, the number of new first and third party characters in Ultimate isn't too terribly wide apart and the number of brand new first and third party stages is currently equal. To keep balance is a fairly simple task of 4 more first party characters and stages, 4 third, and maybe 1 that's in-between like Pokemon for good measure. In the end, I feel like it's something that can definitely be achieved, especially if the remaining first party packs are treated differently and resemble how they were in Smash 4.

domriver

Smash Lord
Looks like Nintendo TreeHouse tomorrow displaying Mario Origami also featuring a new game from company WAYFORWARD.
Correct me if im wrong but are they not the developers for WarioWare and i think Rythm Heavens? ( cant sell rythmy rethey) lol

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Gamexplain's now reporting on the July 20th Direct rumor!
I was wondering when they were gonna report on it. Still I would still take GameXplain with a grain of salt since they have covered the fake Sm4sh Rayman leak, and they were actually convinced it was real.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Looks like Nintendo TreeHouse tomorrow displaying Mario Origami also featuring a new game from company WAYFORWARD.
Correct me if im wrong but are they not the developers for WarioWare and i think Rythm Heavens? ( cant sell rythmy rethey) lol
Shantae

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No, they are the devs behind games like Shantae, Switch Force, River City Girls, and a ton of surprisingly good licenced games.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I was wondering when they were gonna report on it. Still I would still take GameXplain with a grain of salt since they have covered the fake Sm4sh Rayman leak, and they were actually convinced it was real.
The thing about GameXplain now is the fact they have some good footing with Nintendo then they did years ago. I will not forget them talking about a potential leak a couple of months ago and then taking that video down when it was proven false (I forget what the leak was...Maybe Mario collection related?). The older videos of fake leaks exist, whereas we do not see that with them now. This is kind of why when they post rumors, it is usually 99% going to happen.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Yo... what?
Why does the wording seem off? Is it saying that Wayforward is working with a franchise that is NEW to them and not MADE by them? These are important questions.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yo... what?
Just realized, "a title in a franchise new to developer WayForward" very much implies that the game WayForward is working on is a series that has existed before, but not under WayForwards helm. The question is.. what Nintendo series are they working with? It's very exciting.

MattX20

Smash Hero
You know... Based on how they've worded it... It almost sounds like Wayforward is being allowed to use a Nintendo franchise... This could be exciting.
Well, we'll find out what said game Wayforward is working on

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
someone who likes fire emblem can say the representation could have been much better. Nintendo didn’t handle the series well for Smash and relied on advertising and a bit tone deaf.
While being promotional isn´t anything new for other series too (11 for Dragon Quest on Switch), Joker sort of promoting Persona 5R and 5S. Bayonetta for Bayonetta 2. I agree 100% that Fire Emblem is misrepresented (Fire Emblem is my favorite game franchise of all time)The series is more than just "red/blue haired swordsmen like Robin, Byleth and (for better or worse) Corrin.

Tikki (last time I checked, even the Japanese fans of Fire Emblem were not that much of a fan of Marth and still somewhat ain´t)
Roy (concidering Intelligent System wanted to push Fire Emblem 6)
Black Knight
Robin
Azura (concidering we probably would have gotten a Fates rep no matter what)
Byleth

Would have been a better blend and representation. Yes, Black Knight is another swordsman, but he is a villain. He should have ended up in the game before Chrom in the first place. Sure, Awakening pretty much saved the franchise, but it would have been perfectly well with just Robin (and I say that as a massive Lucina fan)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
You know... Based on how they've worded it... It almost sounds like Wayforward is being allowed to use a Nintendo franchise... This could be exciting.
That is what I am thinking...curious to know if it's something that was eluded to months ago...now who would know that :4pacman:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
My first thoughts go to Metroid, a more classicaly styled Kid Icarus, or Wario Land. I could see WayForward doing wonders with these series.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, this could be big...

-Multiple rumors about dead franchises being revived in 2020/2021.

-Recent rumor of a "classic" Nintendo character coming back in an unexpected way.

Considering the types of games Wayforward is known for, this could potentially narrow it down and might actually be one of the three dead franchises I heard about coming back. Hopefully tomorrow is worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom