• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hell, Nintendo didn't even seem to care about the presentation today.

So is the theory that with the amiibo release of Joker and 1 Hero (seriously? One? What the hell is wrong with you, Square?) happening in Fall, its assumed that that will be when 7 is released or is it when 7 will be revealed? I'd hate it to end up being revealed in December which is still technically Fall, especially since they waited until almost the end of June to release Min Min.
The next Amiibo wave already leaked back in May for September:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/360765-polish-retailer-listing-may-point-to-amiibo-reprint-on-the-way

The highlights of the Amiibo wave are pretty eye opening:

-Massive Splatoon and Zelda Amiibo dump for some odd reason.

-All the Zelda Amiibos are the "realistic" ones. No Toon Link related ones and Sheik is MIA too.

-Despite the massive Splatoon dump, Smash Inkling isn't being reprinted here.

-Aside from the Zelda ones, the other Smash Amiibo being reprinted are: Mario, Luigi, both versions of Cloud, and Ryu.

-Despite it landing on the 35th Super Mario anniversary month, the only other Mario Amiibo are Boo and Peach.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I'm honestly pretty excited for Pokemon Unite. I think Pokemon lends itself very well to the MOBA formula.

Back on topic, Geno Unite would be much better tho. All Geno. So many beams, whirls, and blasts and no one can tell who they're playing as. Couldn't possibly go wrong.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Definitely seems like Tencent might've had some marketing agreement or something in order to have this on its own.
Yeah, Tencent was without the shadow of a doubt the reason for the split, but ¤%"%"&¤"%". F¤&" Tencent

MattX20

Smash Hero
The dislikes outweigh the likes for the recent Pokemon Presents on the official channel. It's just proof that a MOBA game was not worth a 10 minute or so presentation.

Firox

Smash Master
Again, Pokemon is a spoiled brat that needs to be the center of everything. And it's funny how Pokemon is doubling down on mobile while Nintendo is just now getting out.
That's the irony though. Pokemon gets ALL the attention and advertising, yet Nintendo/Gamefreak often puts so little effort into it that it's almost disgusting.

Nintendo: "I want Poke Directs! I want plushies! I want annual releases! I want Pokemon 24 HOURS A DAY!"

Gamefreak: "We can give you 6 devs and a local high school AV club to do the commericals."

Nintendo: "....................EXCELLENT!"

I still think it's funny that the best non-main Pokemon games are being made by third party companies that actually know what they're doing.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The dislikes outweigh the likes for the recent Pokemon Presents on the official channel. It's just proof that a MOBA game was not worth a 10 minute or so presentation.
Its a third Pokemon presentation in the same month, announced as its own thing after the previous one so it comes off as special. After getting a showcase for the DLC and then a showcase for spin-offs, people (not really a huge leap in logic) assumed that this separate, given a week's notice, made to not be paired up with the DLC one or spin-off one, presentation was going to be something far bigger. Instead, it was just another spin-off, so I can see why people are pissed since there is no upfront reason why this couldn't have been combined with last week.

This would be like having Min Min's showcase and four Mii costumes, then telling us to tune in next week for more Smash news, only for it to be the Vault Boy costume and Jokero amiibos. No reason to split it.

Firox

Smash Master
It might be the shortest, but damn it sure is going to feel like the longest.
Agreed. Though I'm not sure if the wait will be short by any measure. At the rate things have been going this year, it still wouldn't surprise me if we get total radio silence for the next 4-6 months.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Agreed. Though I'm not sure if the wait will be short by any measure. At the rate things have been going this year, it still wouldn't surprise me if we get total radio silence for the next 4-6 months.
I don't think I can wait that long. My patience as gone dry with Nintendo.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
It might be the shortest, but damn it sure is going to feel like the longest.
Really hoping that "shortest" in this case means "next reveal sometime in July". I really don't want to have to wait months again like we did for Min Min (even if the wait for September at this point isn't as long). Especially since all that waiting has likely given the developers enough time to get Fighter 7 ready for at least a reveal.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Again, Pokemon is a spoiled brat that needs to be the center of everything. And it's funny how Pokemon is doubling down on mobile while Nintendo is just now getting out.
It´s because of political reasons I (and many others) hate Tencent. Had Tencent not been involved, you would not have seen as much backlash the game is currently getting. If you know anything about Tencent you would know why.

Last edited:

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
I expect the next fighters to be announced by the end of summer, and probably the last one by this time next year. If there isn't anymore chaos caused by COVID that is.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The next Amiibo wave already leaked back in May for September:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/360765-polish-retailer-listing-may-point-to-amiibo-reprint-on-the-way

The highlights of the Amiibo wave are pretty eye opening:

-Massive Splatoon and Zelda Amiibo dump for some odd reason.

-All the Zelda Amiibos are the "realistic" ones. No Toon Link related ones and Sheik is MIA too.

-Despite the massive Splatoon dump, Smash Inkling isn't being reprinted here.

-Aside from the Zelda ones, the other Smash Amiibo being reprinted are: Mario, Luigi, both versions of Cloud, and Ryu.

-Despite it landing on the 35th Super Mario anniversary month, the only other Mario Amiibo are Boo and Peach.
Ok, so its either 7 releases by then (most likely) or is announced by then (less likely). So we can have 7 revealed in at least the next two months.

I'm in no hurry to play as the characters; I'd just like to know who.

Shame the Zelda amiibos aren't the updated Ultimate designs.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t think Nintendo even retweeted the Tencent Presents today...

Hope we get some good stuff soon.

I may try Pokémon LoL on my Switch, but it’s still disappointing, and likely won’t entertain me for long...

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
That's the irony though. Pokemon gets ALL the attention and advertising, yet Nintendo/Gamefreak often puts so little effort into it that it's almost disgusting.

Nintendo: "I want Poke Directs! I want plushies! I want annual releases! I want Pokemon 24 HOURS A DAY!"

Gamefreak: "We can give you 6 devs and a local high school AV club to do the commericals."

Nintendo: "....................EXCELLENT!"

I still think it's funny that the best non-main Pokemon games are being made by third party companies that actually know what they're doing.
If you knew what Tencent stands for and are doing in China, you would know why people hate their involvement.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
It´s because of political reasons I (and many others) hate Tencent. Had Tencent not been involved, you would not have seen as much backlash the game is currently getting. If you know anything about Tencent you would know why.
I don't even need a political reason. Tencent is just as scummy/greedy as Activision/EA.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I don't even need a political reason. Tencent is just as scummy/greedy as Activision/EA.
They are more than just some scummy/greedy Acitvison/EA from China. Hell, considering what they are doing, what they stand for and all that packet, they make AC and EA look like saints in comparisons. Would TPC been behind this alone, then yes, I would have been with you about the complaints. But now Tencent is and if you knew about them., you would understand why people are pissed.

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Direct on 7/7? After not giving us anything for months? Keep dreaming.
Well, there's still that person on Twitter that had correctly guessed two announcement dates previously. I believe they had 7/6 and 7/14 as well. Now, these are the dates just for the announcements, not the presentations themselves. So if they are to be believed, then that would mean Nintendo will show something on 7/7. Hopefully it's Geno for Smash.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Direct on 7/7? After not giving us anything for months? Keep dreaming.
Honestly, I don't care if the Direct/presentation/trailer shadowdrop comes on July 31st. As long as we get the next character sometime in July (or at least find out who they are), I'll be fine with waiting as long as we don't have to wait for months on end again.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
64% negative on the Pokemon presentation video. Oof.

Thankfully, Geno's trailer will have 96% positive rating.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
images (1).jpeg

So... The Amiibo associated with ARMS was originally supposed to be in mid April and we have multiple sources confirming this:

https://animalcrossingworld.com/202...re-release-on-april-17th-pre-orders-open-now/

-This wave was pushed back to June. This very heavily implies that the now September wave is not only heavily associated with whoever 7 is but was supposed to release in June.

-If the world hadn't become completely borked, 7 would have been announced at E3, 6/9/2020. Seven's original "presents" presentation was likely what wound up being Min-Min's, 6/22/2020.

-The September wave leaking in May means 7's Amiibo wave was hard decided by then.

-This means that 7 was probably supposed to be announced and released in the same month.

-This was originally supposed to happen with Hero last year but his release was delayed to late July.

-7 now likely has 8's release if Min-Min's got 7's.

-Banjo released in September last year so this lines up.

-If Min-Min got 7's treatment, that means 7's getting 8's, announced a couple of months in advance before release, just like Banjo last year.

Comrades... Let's keep our eyes on July.

Firox

Smash Master
If you knew what Tencent stands for and are doing in China, you would know why people hate their involvement.
I'll take your word for it. I don't really know the backstory on Tencent but most Chinese-based tech companies are slimy as all hell anyway. I still couldn't believe it when I found out that almost ALL major tech companies (Nintendo included) have their hardware made by slave labor. If you like cell phones and tablets, chances are you can thank some Chinese slaves for that.

An important thing to note though is that by "third party companies" I was referring to the ones behind Pokemon GO and Pokemon Snap 2, not this new monstrosity.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I'll take your word for it. I don't really know the backstory on Tencent but most Chinese-based tech companies are slimy as all hell anyway. I still couldn't believe it when I found out that almost ALL major tech companies (Nintendo included) have their hardware made by slave labor. If you like cell phones and tablets, chances are you can thank some Chinese slaves for that.

An important thing to note though is that by "third party companies" I was referring to the ones behind Pokemon GO and Pokemon Snap 2, not this new monstrosity.
Wait... there were complaints about Snaps 2??? O.o

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I am looking forward to 07/07/2020
When Geno, a delightful character originally from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars
the 7th DLC fighter and the 77th new fighter overall
Is shown to the world!!!!

:ultpacman::ultpacman::ultpacman::ultpacman::ultpacman::ultpacman::ultpacman:

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think of it, NateDrake also said the Mario 3D Collection was likely going to be announced close to or after Paper Mario TOK’s release, and we also have that HotGirls person with the potential 7/7 and 7/14 announcement dates. If Fighter #77 is a Mario character, maybe July will really be the Mario news blowout?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
No, I was saying that Snap 2 and Pokemon GO were/will likely be successful due to the fact that they AREN'T made by Gamefreak.
I misunderstood. My bad. This godforsaken heat makes my head not work as it used to...

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I never played Battle For Bikini Bottom, but I have played the Movie Game and I loved that. Hopefully they remake the Movie Game as well. I'll have to play Rehydrated sometime since I have never played the original version.
If you loved Movie Game, then you'll love BFBB as well. Same gameplay, same sort of level structure although it's a lot more open compared. Only real roadblock is collecting 75 spatulas. And yeah, I'm sort of low key hoping they get around to remaking Movie Game as well. Hell, I'm hoping the modding community for Rehydrated really takes off sometime soon. I'd love to see what kinds of crazy things this community could do.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If you loved Movie Game, then you'll love BFBB as well. Same gameplay, same sort of level structure although it's a lot more open compared. Only real roadblock is collecting 75 spatulas. And yeah, I'm sort of low key hoping they get around to remaking Movie Game as well. Hell, I'm hoping the modding community for Rehydrated really takes off sometime soon. I'd love to see what kinds of crazy things this community could do.
I got all the Goofy Goober tokens and all the chests in the Movie Game so getting all the Spatulas in BFBB shouldn't be a hard task for me.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I'll believe these Mario games when I see it. Been burned too many times from "Metroid Prime Trilogy HD" to "Star Fox Grand Prix" to trust this **** anymore.

MattX20

Smash Hero
View attachment 276092

So... The Amiibo associated with ARMS was originally supposed to be in mid April and we have multiple sources confirming this:

https://animalcrossingworld.com/202...re-release-on-april-17th-pre-orders-open-now/

-This wave was pushed back to June. This very heavily implies that the now September wave is not only heavily associated with whoever 7 is but was supposed to release in June.

-If the world hadn't become completely borked, 7 would have been announced at E3, 6/9/2020. Seven's original "presents" presentation was likely what wound up being Min-Min's, 6/22/2020.

-The September wave leaking in May means 7's Amiibo wave was hard decided by then.

-This means that 7 was probably supposed to be announced and released in the same month.

-This was originally supposed to happen with Hero last year but his release was delayed to late July.

-7 now likely has 8's release if Min-Min's got 7's.

-Banjo released in September last year so this lines up.

-If Min-Min got 7's treatment, that means 7's getting 8's, announced a couple of months in advance before release, just like Banjo last year.

Comrades... Let's keep our eyes on July.
It's going to be a long month that's for sure

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Hey ya'll! I just wanna say I am sorry for not being active on this board as much this week. I've been pretty busy this entire week and this is also the week I graduate from high school. I'm hoping I can still see whats going on here today and I'm hoping ya'll are doing well. Hoping Geno makes it in CP7!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom