• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I can see a mostly 1st party pack being hype actually.

FP6. Min Min - would show spirits are fair game now.
FP7. Geno - typical E3 reveal after Ridley and Banjo. Logical next step after Min Min.
FP8. Crash - huge 3rd party icon, would’ve made for a huge E3 reveal.
FP9. Rex (& Pyra?) - I don’t know a lot about the Xenoblade series but Rex is relevant, much-requested and could give the Xenoblade series a sales boost on Switch
FP10. Rhythm Heaven rep (Chorus Kids?) - the most difficult one. Are they hype enough? I would think so. The character would bring a unique mechanic and style. It is confirmed that old ideas are being rethought (Chorus Kids). A Sakurai oddball pick, yes, but I can see it happening after they almost were in Smash 4.
FP11. Isaac - a BIG Nintendo request, being an AT at this moment, so it’d be shocking to see the character in as playable.

These are mostly new Nintendo series who could still be heavily upgraded yet could bring hype, I think.

I could even stretch it further saying Waluigi is a bonus character after the pass, since he doesn’t need a stage.

Also, I think characters like Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee would also be hype enough for a mostly 1st party pack.
I would change the RH rep with porky or Paper Mario
So, what do you think the ARMS rep reveal trailer be like for one or multiple characters?View attachment 275496
Either a sequel of Kencineroar or only seeing Biff saying who is coming
So about bonus characters: Who do y'all potentially see if we get any besides Waluigi? I put stock on Dixie Kong if we get more than 2 bonus fighters. Plus I had a dream about a Dixie Kong reveal trailer not too long ago and Geno was in her gameplay montage in my dream.
Porky, Rex, Sora, Rayman, A sword/Shield REP, isaac, a Namco REP, etc

Last edited:

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow an ARMS character will be revealed as the sixth DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and with him/her the spirit fan rule or even the assist trophy fan rule will be broken. Some people here is worried about the ARMS character not being a spirit promotion but let's remember that spirits are just shiny PNGs that were made way before Nintendo considered a second Fighter Pass. Not convinced yet? Let me show you something:

ESLTn_7WsAAzLM2.jpeg
ESLTodFWkAAF-ke.jpeg
ESLTo7aXYAA5sj_.jpeg

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I can see this presentation changing some things in speculation:
1. There is the fact that base and DLC content before June are on the table again (which doesn't change anything in terms of characters).
2. This Mii Costume wave can bring a lot more to speculation than I thought: If we somehow see Mii Costumes of Capcom and Namco, it's time to keep expectations in check. We need to remember: Capcom's costumes can return in almost any pack and Namco still haven't added a new character after Pac-Man since Smash 4 base (Which I consider kinda weird considering they are making Smash since then). I still predict a pack from one of them, is just something I wanted to note in case they don't happen at all. There's also a possibility of Cacodemon showing up or even some other new company throwing costumes in (not counting the Indie costume), which would reduce (not nullify) the chances of a rep of that company later on.
3. I think that people are going way overboard on the fact that 90% of this pass is first-party, when there's no way to know either way: Sakurai confirmed this is a crossover of gaming as a whole, so why would only 1-2 third-party characters would be added when we know this is an opportunity of a lifetime to make them all coming together. I can see, AT MOST, being split equally between first and third, but more than that for me seems like a disconnect from how DLC was handled so far (since Smash 4) and I think Nintendo knows this pretty well.
4. All of what I mentioned above doesn't affect Geno, due to it's licensing nature and how Square content is handled in Smash. In the split I mentioned above, I consider him a first-party and he's the biggest fan-favorite and we have a pass that wants to fulfill long-time fan-requests.

PS: Imran's speculation was pretty good overall, but there's one serious problem with his argument: He talks about a first-party pass being able to bring content over for the next game, when the fact is that, even with Ultimate, not all content was able to be brought over from Smash 4 or other games (stages, modes, etc). Also, we can also not guarantee that every first-party would be returning: This was the second time that it ever happened (first was 64 -> Melee), so the only thing that we can say is "it can happen again". Plus, we don't know when the next Smash Fighting game will happen. I think that we will get something "Smash" in another genre. But, as a fighting game, I don't see it happening for the next 7 years (unless it's Ultimate Deluxe or "Everyone's Here" happens again). I also don't think the speculation was based on insider info.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice you mentioned something about insiders thinking it's Min Min a while back. Is there anything specific you can share about that?
I don't think he said anything specific, atleast from anyone on his end hearing anything. Think about it this way, pretty much every insider/journalist under the sun is either implying, speculating, or saying they've heard it's an upgrade. Seriously, I don't think a single reliable person has even said they think it's anyone but one of the characters already a spirit. There is nothing to worry about guys.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice you mentioned something about insiders thinking it's Min Min a while back. Is there anything specific you can share about that?
Here are my thoughts back in March:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2598#post-23887709

Honestly, on this topic, the idea among insiders has been that the Crash Bash was meaningful and it was a hell of a coincidence that it not only started around the time the Fighter's Pass was announced but also ended around the time Season 2 was greenlit. Nothing too complicated.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, what do you think the ARMS rep reveal trailer be like for one or multiple characters?View attachment 275496
I’m hoping for Spring Man. I like Min Min too, but I prefer Spring Man. He’d still help Geno and more, too, but I think he and his abilities are cool. I think Nintendo’s guess who thing was simply marketing, so it could still be him, besides fans like him too so there’s no reason for them to not do the guess who thing even if it’s him. The ARMS director also favorites Spring Man (edit: well, he says Min Min in another interview, but still includes Spring Man as his second favorite, so I guess he really likes both), and he was the one chosen as an AT to represent the game in the first place. Plus, there was a Party Crash event focused on him and Ribbon Girl in April 2020 after the ARMS in Smash reveal, and Spring Man won, showing that they still want these two as the mascots for people to see and at least like to start with.

Honestly I think the guess who thing was stupid no matter who it is, you get some characters’ fans hyped then shut ‘em down ._. The fighter not being Spring Man would also feel kinda weird imo...

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I read up on Twintelle and the similarities to Bayonetta are crazy. Both have a classy lady movement, have giant fists related to their hair to punch and both can slow down time on opponents. If there were any recent glitches in game that involved Bayonetta, I would swear that Twintelle would be the fighter then.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Since ARMS was announced, I think most people have been in the same boat: solo Springman, solo Min-Min, or a composite character. As, well, pretty much everyone has said at this point, the chances of it being at least a spirit promotion were astronomically high because 5 of the characters who regularly topped popularity contests were already spirits to begin with.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I read up on Twintelle and the similarities to Bayonetta are crazy. Both have a classy lady movement, have giant fists related to their hair to punch and both can slow down time on opponents. If there were any recent glitches in game that involved Bayonetta, I would swear that Twintelle would be the fighter then.
There was, but I think it could easily relate to other fighters from ARMS(Min Min could use her kicking moves as an example). Plus, I almost think there are too many similarities between them. Sakurai is big about having each fighter have their own idenity after all. And that is all before you consider the recent "stretchy arms" aspect of a tweet making Twintelle more questionable.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Shame that Crash 4 isn’t coming to Switch this holidays (maybe 2021).

Regarding Smash, my final bet for tomorrow is a duo of Ribbon Girl and Min Min.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Litteraly bayonetta represents Twintelle in her spirit

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Fair warning are boy might not be till pack 8 (and aware they mentioned no other fighter announcements besides arms tomorrow)

Because the new crash game might be announced tomorrow as well

So it might be crash next for promotion of he new game but this time the choices happened during the time of announcement

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People are a little dismayed that Crash 4 may not be coming to Switch for awhile but, something to consider... You know what the Switch version would probably have? Amiibo compatibility.

*Slurps salted cold foam cold brew at 69,420 decibels*

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
I’m holding out hope for a announcement of a Smash Bros. direct after Sakurai Presents tomorrow. But I’m just a romantic idiot sometimes.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
People are a little dismayed that Crash 4 may not be coming to Switch for awhile but, something to consider... You know what the Switch version would probably have? Amiibo compatibility.

Probably not? None of the Crash or Spyro games on Switch had it. The only Activision game that has was Diablo 3. If this is meant to be some super cryptic tease at something you might want to be a little more on the nose with it.

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Probably not? None of the Crash or Spyro games on Switch had it. The only Activision game that has was Diablo 3. If this is meant to be some super cryptic tease at something you might want to be a little more on the nose with it.
Hmmm yes, I wonder what sort of super cryptic hint that the guy who's been very adamant about knowing secret Activision info that may point to the bandicoot showing up in Smash, the game that pretty much made amiibo have some sort of value, that they make for DLC characters as well, would be storing for us to guess. It's a mystery,

Last edited:

TTF

Smash Journeyman

Besides, the Switch version of N. Sane Trilogy was released a year after the PS4 & Xbox One versions, the same for the Spyro trilogy.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I thought this was being pretty on the nose but I'll detail it anyways.

-None of the DLC characters have Amiibo yet.

-Realistically speaking, the Season 2 characters probably won't have Amiibo until around this time next year.

-If the Switch version of Crash 4 was compatible with a Cash Banooca Amiibo, that Amiibo likely wouldn't release until at least next summer anyways.

cool6012

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cool6012
3DS FC
5455-9651-7560
Fair warning are boy might not be till pack 8 (and aware they mentioned no other fighter announcements besides arms tomorrow)

So it might be crash next for promotion of he new game but this time the choices happened during the time of announcement

The crash announcement has absolutely nothing to do with Smash. I honestly really hate how this community thinks every game announcement has to somehow always relate back to smash.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, I'm not expecting Crash until 8 at the earliest because DLC kind of follows a hype curve where the biggest announcements seem to be in the middle and end. Crash would definitely be the Banjo or Bayo of Season 2.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I thought this was being pretty on the nose but I'll detail it anyways.

-None of the DLC characters have Amiibo yet.

-Realistically speaking, the Season 2 characters probably won't have Amiibo until around this time next year.

-If the Switch version of Crash 4 was compatible with a Cash Banooca Amiibo, that Amiibo likely wouldn't release until at least next summer anyways.
Oh, thats what I thought but the way you worded it made it seem like it was something else that wasn't entirely obvious.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

1592770356812.png

love this meme

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To look pretentious AF, the hype curve seems deliberate and if I were to map it out, it would probably look like this:

Smash 4:

:4mewtwo: **************:4cloud:.
:4mewtwo:**********:4ryu::4cloud:***** :4bayonetta:
:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud:***** :4bayonetta:
:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta:

Fighter's Pass:
************* :ultbanjokazooie:
***** :ultjoker:*** :ultbanjokazooie:
*****:ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:
:ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbyleth:

Based on ARMS being a "1" or "2", 7 is probably a 3 or 4 and 8 is likely a 5 based on the past and will probably be one of the highlights of the pass either way.

Damnit Smashboards... (15 minutes later) I think I fixed it.

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
To look pretentious AF, the hype curve seems deliberate and if I were to map it out, it would probably look like this:

Smash 4:

:4mewtwo: **************:4cloud:.
:4mewtwo:**********:4ryu::4cloud:***** :4bayonetta:
:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta:

Fighter's Pass:
************* :ultbanjokazooie:
***** :ultjoker:*** :ultbanjokazooie:
:ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbyleth:

Based on ARMS being a "1" or "2", 7 is probably a 3 or 4 and 8 is likely a 5 based on the past and will probably be one of the highlights of the pass either way.

Damnit Smashboards... (15 minutes later) I think I fixed it.
On mobile,this is confusing

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On mobile,this is confusing
Yeah.... It looks fine on mine but it's probably a mess on others. I'll just rephrase it. If I were to give the DLC characters a "hype score" out of 5:

Smash 4:

Mewtwo: 5
Lucas: 3
Roy: 3
Ryu: 4 or 5
Cloud: 5
Corrin: 1
Bayo: 4 or 5

Fighter's Pass:

Plant: 1
Joker: 4
Hero: 3
Banjo: 5
Terry: 2 or 3
Byleth: 1

My point was that there's kind of a curve where the biggest announcements are at the beginning, middle, and end.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Tinfoil hat time, re: Arms.

Does anyone remember back when Pokémon X and Y were being shown off, and they announced Sylveon? They made a huge deal about keeping its type a secret because it was a brand new type entirely.

Nintendo did the exact same thing with Arms. If it was just Springman or Ribbon Girl or whomever, why not announce that in the March Direct?

Because they withheld the identity, it must be something bigger than just one character, right? I’m banking on getting at least four Arms representatives, a la Hero.

Also I’m betting we’ll see Cacodemon tomorrow. Just maybe. I’m hoping not though, because I want my reaction to Geno being genuine surprise. Cacodemon will spoil it unless his hat looks vastly different from the leak.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Yeah.... It looks fine on mine but it's probably a mess on others. I'll just rephrase it. If I were to give the DLC characters a "hype score" out of 5:

Smash 4:

Mewtwo: 5
Lucas: 3
Roy: 3
Ryu: 4 or 5
Cloud: 5
Corrin: 1
Bayo: 4 or 5

Fighter's Pass:

Plant: 1
Joker: 4
Hero: 3
Banjo: 5
Terry: 2 or 3
Byleth: 1

My point was that there's kind of a curve where the biggest announcements are at the beginning, middle, and end.
That's what it shows for Smash 4, but according to the same data Ultimate began and ended with 1s and the second to last was only a 2 or 3. This doesn't really show a consistent pattern with smash 4. Unless I'm reading this wrong which is totally possible.

Droodle

Smash Lord
If we're doing that:
Smash 4:
:4mewtwo:: 4/5
:4lucas:: 3/5
:4feroy:: 2/5
:4ryu:: 4/5
:4cloud:: 5/5
:4corrin:: 1/5
:4bayonetta:: 3/5

Smash Ultimate:
:ultpiranha:: 2/5
:ultjoker:: 5/5
:ulthero2:: 4/5
:ultbanjokazooie:: 2/5
:ult_terry:: 4/5
:ultchrom:: 3/5

That said, I haven't really been upset with any of the character choices.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Smash 4
:ultmewtwo: 5/5
:ultlucas:2/5
:ultroy:4/5
:ultryu:4/5
:ultcloud:5/5
:ultcorrin:1/5
:ultbayonetta1:3/5

Ultimate
:ultpiranha: -10000/5
:ultjoker:5/5
:ulthero:4/5
:ultbanjokazooie:5/5
:ult_terry:2/5
:ultbyleth:4/5

Overall Ultimate was amazing with dlc so far except Piranha Plant. Terry grew on me too.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Cloud & Banjo-Kazooie were always my most wanted and have "completed" the roster for me personally. Glad to see their esteemed by many others, never would have dreamt these two would be in the same game pre-2015. God Bless you Sakurai.

QQS

Smash Lord
0A9C2748-779B-43AE-82DA-594921646ED4.jpeg

Well my friends hope to see this tomorrow for 2 reasons. She is a good character with a good charisma, moveset and fanbase; and also because tomorrow we are going to witnesses history if Nintendo officially confirms that Spirits Don’t Deconfirm. It can stretch even more if the Playable Character is Spring Man cause in that way not only Spirits Don’t Deconfirm, neither do Assists Thropies. That will change the game in a drastic way, and in a very proper way for us.

So let us surprise with the Multi Reps or the Solo Rep, let the Fan Rules die, let the costume of Geno not return, let’s wait for another good Premium (I root for the Knight or Ori), let’s wait for the announcement of the others reveals (Geno 77 and Crash 78 if you ask me) and LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!

89C3819D-6FB7-48E3-BA11-06302D9E1A54.png

(photo by GrilledCheese042 on Newgrounds). :)

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
DLC Hype levels:

Smash 4
:ultmewtwo: 4/5
:ultlucas: 2/5
:ultroy: 4/5
:ultryu: 2.5/5