• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
While I understand that how excited you were back when they were revealed might not apply to now, I find that a lot of people don't give games a chance. To the people giving characters 1/5 or 0/5, I'd strongly recommend playing the games that they're from (if you haven't already done so since then).

...with the possible exception of Corrin; maybe it's just that the Birthright route isn't interesting, but I found Fates to be significant worse (or at least harder to get invested in) than Awakening and Three Houses. (it felt like the game was throwing a new character at me every mission, not taking time to give most of them distinct personalities, and then promptly forgetting about them)

Still, if you haven't played them, Bayonetta 2, Persona 5, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses are all amazing games. (I get that how excited you are about a character's inclusion might not always overlap with whether or not you've played their game, but I figure that it helps - people are going to be more excited about a character that they're familiar with) So are Banjo-Kazooie, Dragon Quest XI, etc., but I figure that those three characters seem to be getting low scores more regularly than the others.
Bayonetta 2 I enjoyed and want to play Persona 5, but I'm not touching any FE games due to Nintendo of Japan's obsessively obnoxious over-marketing of the games and Three Houses killed any interest I had in them

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
While I understand that how excited you were back when they were revealed might not apply to now, I find that a lot of people don't give games a chance. To the people giving characters 1/5 or 0/5, I'd strongly recommend playing the games that they're from (if you haven't already done so since then).

...with the possible exception of Corrin; maybe it's just that the Birthright route isn't interesting, but I found Fates to be significant worse (or at least harder to get invested in) than Awakening and Three Houses. (it felt like the game was throwing a new character at me every mission, not taking time to give most of them distinct personalities, and then promptly forgetting about them)

Still, if you haven't played them, Bayonetta 2, Persona 5, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses are all amazing games. (I get that how excited you are about a character's inclusion might not always overlap with whether or not you've played their game, but I figure that it helps - people are going to be more excited about a character that they're familiar with) So are Banjo-Kazooie, Dragon Quest XI, etc., but I figure that those three characters seem to be getting low scores more regularly than the others.
I love Three Houses and FE in general, but Corrin and Byleth were just not hype for me at all. Meanwhile, I never played Persona, Banjo & Kazooie, FF7, or Bayonetta yet those were the characters I got the most hyped for because they were so surprising or I was just so happy for their fans. On top of that many people who love Mario hated Piranha Plant (not me). Granted that part of the reason I wasn't hyped for Hero was due to not having played the games, but it was also because he just seemed like "Wizard Link" and Geno felt pretty much dead in the water then. Perhaps your comment is generally true but it's definitely not the case for everyone. I also don't have the luxury of buying every game I see get represented in Smash and I'm honestly a picky gamer so I don't think it'd really make much of a difference for me.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Ehh okay, I'll bite.
:4mewtwo: 4/5 - Great start to the DLC for 4, and it introduced me to the late, forever great Etika.
:4lucas: 4/5 - Weeeeeeeell... he ain't my boy, but the brutha was heavy.
:4feroy: My Boy/5 - My main in Melee and was my biggest want for Smash 4 was to see him come back.
:4ryu: 3/5 - Culturally important, but boring to me.
:4cloud::4cloud2: 4.5/5 - Never played a single Final Fantasy game, but even I was kind of hyped.
:4corrin::4corrinf: 2/5 - Never played a single Fire Emblem game, but I didn't outright hate them like other people did.
:4bayonetta::4bayonetta2: 3.5/5 - Didn't care much for her, but she's alright.

:ultpiranha: 2.5/5 - Very dissapointing reveal, but I easily got over it. It probably helps that I got it for free.
:ultjoker: 3/5 - Never played a single Persona game, so he did nothing for me.
:ulthero::ulthero3::ulthero4::ulthero2: 3/5 - Meh, fine I guess. Got me to try out Dragon Quest XI at least, and so far it's a pretty good if basic RPG.
:ultbanjokazooie: Gu-Huh/5 - One of my most wanted characters for Smash, a true dream come true.
:ult_terry: 3.5/5 - Never played a single Fatal Fury or King of Fighters game, but the sheer content easily won me over. He's alright.
:ultbyleth: 2/5 - The only fighter to ever be overshadowed by a Mii Costume. Creative moveset attached to a thoroughly boring character from an over-represented-relative-to-it's-popularity-and-impact series. F!Byleth is cute, though.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Prediction: We will see the Cacodamon hat tomorrow, and the detractors will adjust their arguments to "cacomallow is still fake because the Cacodamon hat is not the exact same as the one in the leak" (probably because it was touched up since the leak) and, for those that see the leak was real, "Geno is obviously going to be a premium costume to go along with Mallow"

If the Hollow Knight Mii costume is revealed with the Sealed Vessel remix, then the leak is probably real. The leak I'm talking about is
a League of Leagues rep being in Smash, along with some LoL games. The leaker got the Trials of Mana spirits right, now we wait if the leaker is also right about that Mii costume with that remix. The leaker said they don't know who, but they're betting on Ahri. View attachment 275574
Everyone and their mother has been predicting a Hollow Knight costume since December, so that really doesn't do much for this leak.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sorry for jumping to conclusions. I've just seen plenty of people act as though, because they never played a Fatal Fury or King of Fighters game, it means that nobody's ever heard of Terry (or just dismissing him as "Hat Ken"), or saying that Snake shouldn't be in Smash because he "doesn't fit in", or wanting the entire third party line-up to consist of cartoony mascot characters because they haven't expanded their horizons when it comes to third party games on Nintendo systems. (mind you, I have nothing against cartoony mascot characters - Banjo was one of my most wanted, and I'd love to see Rayman playable - but when it comes to predicting upcoming Smash games, plenty of people are quick to cut most if not all of the third party characters who don't fit that aesthetic)

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
(mind you, I have nothing against cartoony mascot characters - Banjo was one of my most wanted, and I'd love to see Rayman playable - but when it comes to predicting upcoming Smash games, plenty of people are quick to cut most if not all of the third party characters who don't fit that aesthetic)
There are plenty of human-type characters who could fit in Smash (Travis Touchdown, Master Chief, Chosen Undead, Nightmare), I just strongly prefer that they be an important part of gaming history, or actually be on a Nintendo console, or have a unique aesthetic, or don't have an official spread in playboy magazine beforehand

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Seeing the DLC rankings some have been sharing now from both Smash 4, and Ultimate I noticed something.

First Party (Nintendo IP) DLC Fighters added to the roster (Smash 4 to Ultimate's Fighters Pass 1) = 6
Third Party guest DLC Fighters added to the roster (Smash 4 to Ultimate's Fighters Pass 1) = 7 (counted the Heroes as 1)

With the ARMS character being the first DLC Fighter of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, that raises the number of First Party DLC Fighters since Smash 4 go up to 7; we got a tie. With five more DLC Fighters yet to be revealed from Vol. 2, we could perhaps toss in the possibility that we'd still have either
  • Three more first party characters and two third party
  • Three more third party characters and two first party
The later outcome would result in a balanced Pass since we're already getting a first party character as the first pack. Just a thought.

DLC Fighters (since Smash 4)

First Party
  • Mewtwo
  • Lucas
  • Roy
  • Corrin
  • Piranha Plant
  • Byleth
  • ARMS character
Third Party
  • Ryu
  • Cloud
  • Bayonetta
  • Joker
  • Hero
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Terry Bogard

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Gonna join in!

:ultmewtwo: 3/5 - I love Pokemon and he was a requested veteran, but I can't say I care much about Mewtwo, or Gen 1 favoritism
:ultlucas: 2/5 - I don't care much about Earthbound but he was a respectable returning veteran
:ultroy: 2/5 - Veteran, but poorly timed
:ultryu: 4/5 - Very interesting choice, I approve!
:ultcloud: 1/5 - "X is more qualified than Cloud" became an inside joke among my friends, would've chosen a different FF rep.
:ultcorrin: -10/5 - Worst choice imaginable
:ultbayonetta: 0/5 - Marketing ploy, she did not win the Smash Ballot. But was at least a novelty third party. F****** over the meta.

Ultimate
:ultpiranha: 5/5 - I love wacky choices like this, plus the moveset is super inspired and has a lot of personality.
:ultjoker: 0/5 - Never cared about Persona, nothing to do with Nintendo, inclusion enabled a lot of obnoxious behavior from the Persona/Xenoblade/Modern FE bubble.
:ulthero3: 3/5 - Never played Dragon Quest but his spells are cool and the legacy has more than earned the series the spot.
:ultbanjokazooie: 10/5 - Incredible victory, the bear and bird are BACK!!! Home at last!
:ult_terry: 3/5 - Never played any of SNK's games, but it was nice to learn more about the franchise, and its' relation to the origins of Smash!
:ultbyleth: -5/5 - MOD EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
There are plenty of human-type characters who could fit in Smash (Travis Touchdown, Master Chief, Chosen Undead, Nightmare), I just strongly prefer that they be an important part of gaming history, or actually be on a Nintendo console, or have a unique aesthetic, or don't have an official spread in playboy magazine beforehand
Wait a second, is this a joke or did Bayonetta actually have an official spread in Playboy magazine? That almost seems too ridiculous to be true.

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Wait a second, is this a joke or did Bayonetta actually have an official spread in Playboy magazine? That almost seems too ridiculous to be true.
There was a cosplay shoot, in the run up to Bayo 2’s release. Officially endorsed by Nintendo, surprisingly.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
:ultmewtwo: 4/5 even though I never played him, it was cool seeing him back
:ultlucas:5/5 Played him alot in Brawl, was happy to see him back
:ultroy: 4/5 I wasnt into FE at the time but he looked pretty cool to me
:ultryu: 5/5 Was pretty shocked to see him and was intrested in his move inputs lol
:ultcloud:5/5 I was pretty damn existed to see him
:ultcorrin:5/5 I liked Male corrin so by default I liked this character. Let me be happy
:ultbayonetta: 5/5 I love Bayo, period

:ultpiranha:5/5 It was a cute addition to the game
:ultjoker:5/5 I love Persona, period
:ulthero:5/5 I love DQ, Period
:ultbanjokazooie:2/5 Sadly I wasnt as intrested in this character
:ult_terry:5/5 Seeing such an iconic character made me happy
:ultbyleth:5/5 I love male Byleth and I love Three Houses.again Let me be ****ing happy

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
The whole "celebration of gaming" direction that Smash games have apparently trended toward (note: celebration of gaming means games Sakurai personally enjoys, I don't believe for a second that the Nintendo boardroom decided a Persona or King of Fighters character belongs in Smash Bros) is not something I like at all.
Not gonna lie, im kinda happy to see someone that stated this. I though i was the only one who felt this way.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I have no issue with the idea of celebrating gaming in Smash, but there's still so many non-FE Nintendo characters they can use for first party before they add even more 3rd parties.

cool6012

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cool6012
3DS FC
5455-9651-7560
I have played a game featuring every DLC character in both Smash games except Joker and Byleth. I can enjoy Bayonetta on a technical level but no amount of thinking her games are fun makes me think she belongs in Smash. I care a lot more about longevity in Smash speculation and history with Nintendo than I care about a character from a recent game being shilled for advertising purposes that may be fun

The whole "celebration of gaming" direction that Smash games have apparently trended toward (note: celebration of gaming means games Sakurai personally enjoys, I don't believe for a second that the Nintendo boardroom decided a Persona or King of Fighters character belongs in Smash Bros) is not something I like at all.
Just say that you only care for characters that appeal to you then. Nintendo has literally taken Bayonetta under their wing so I dont see how she isn't an honorary Nintendo character to you.

The fact that you cant even fathom that Nintendo would add in an extremely popular character from a critically acclaimed jrpg (Joker) just shows that you have some obvious hold ups.

I think its utterly ridiculous to support Geno yet call other characters "shills", it reeks of entitlement and frankly its dlc for a video game, it's not that serious.

EDIT: Smash also LITERALLY would not exist without KoF and FF so if you really have an issue with that I dont know what to tell you.

Last edited:

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
And why wouldn’t they? Atlus has a strong history with Nintendo, and why wouldn’t they get Atlus’s biggest/most popular series? Sure, they could’ve chosen an SMT character, but similarly to what Sakurai said about Cloud over someone like Terra, why would they when Persona is objectively more popular?

As for Terry, eh. I’m fairly certain all those NeoGeo ports did like really well on the Switch? I do think Sakurai might have had some input there, but considering we probably wouldn’t even have Smash if it wasn’t for him playing those games, I’m not going to complain. Also, fifty music tracks.

Smash has always been a celebration of gaming, it’s just become easier and easier for Nintendo/Sakurai to get the rights to expand it beyond just the Nintendo bubble.

Last edited:

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
I have no issue with the idea of celebrating gaming in Smash, but there's still so many non-FE Nintendo characters they can use for first party before they add even more 3rd parties.
Bandana Dee, Magolor, Captain Toad, Waluigi, Impa, Skull Kid, Vaati, Midna, Hades,Medusa, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Wonder Red, Chibi Robo, Ashley, Sylux, Porky, Ninten, Chorus Kids, Octolings, Fawful, King Boo, Rex & Pyra, Black Shadow, Krystal etc. etc. etc.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Kinda late to the party but I wanted to rate the DLC fighters too! :grin:
:ultmewtwo:: 5/5, The #1 cut veteran I was hoping would come back during the Sm4sh days, by far one of my favorites
:ultlucas:: 4/5, I wasn't too big of a fan of Lucas in Brawl but I really enjoyed him in Sm4sh, became one of my secondaries for a while
:ultroy:: 4/5, Just like Lucas, I wan't too big of a fan of Roy in Melee but I really liked him in Sm4sh. I don't know if it's just me but he just felt too 'floaty', I felt like that issue was fixed and he became a lot more fun to play.
:ultryu:: 5/5, I played a lot of Street Fighter 2 back in the day with my dad so it was awesome seeing Ryu join the fight, I also loved the input methods.
:ultcloud:: 5/5, It's Cloud f***ing Strife, the fact he's even in the game to this day still surprises me lmao.
:ultcorrin:: 3/5, I wasn't that well aware of Fire Emblem and its lore but I understood that it was an RPG. I thought Corrin was fun at first but they became very forgettable.
:ultbayonetta:: 4/5, This was the first time I learned of the Bayonetta series so I was really interested in her moveset. After she came out I tried the original Bayo on my PS3 and I really enjoyed it, great newcomer too!
:ultpiranha:: 5/5, As a Waluigi and Geno fan I was a little salty about the plant at first but he's one of my favorite characters. His moveset is just so unique and you gotta love how much charm and character Sakurai was able to give him.
:ultjoker:: 4/5, Gotta admit, I never saw it coming. Seriously though I really like how Joker handles in Ultimate and the music he brought was godlike.
:ulthero3:: 4/5, I was excited for the Hero but I couldn't really get used to him. I use him every now and then and I love the moveset, it's just not really for me.
:ultbanjokazooie:: 5/5, It took 20 years but I'm happy they're finally home.
:ult_terry:: 3/5, Like Hero I couldn't really get used to him. I think Terry is really fun to play as but I become bored with him after a month or two.
:ultbyleth:: 3/5, I'll let the Fire Emblem lads have Byleth (Still wanna try Three Houses one of these days, debating though if I should start with Three houses or the 3DS games), but I personally wasn't excited for Byleth at first. I had fun with them when they released but they aren't my favorite FE rep, personally they just feel too slow.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Bandana Dee, Magolor, Captain Toad, Waluigi, Impa, Skull Kid, Vaati, Midna, Hades,Medusa, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Wonder Red, Chibi Robo, Ashley, Sylux, Porky, Ninten, Chorus Kids, Octolings, Fawful, King Boo, Rex & Pyra, Black Shadow, Krystal etc. etc. etc.
Don't forget Louie!

QQS

Smash Lord
4FC2D517-BCAC-424F-A842-DACD5C98B11A.png

I can’t believe that, even if we aren’t going to see another fighter reveal, finally we will receive an update of Smash with the first character of FP2 and new content. Hope that anything that happens leads toward Geno: for example a new Mallow costume, no Geno old costume or premium costume either, teaser or a hint of his potential inclusion or anything. Glad that they at least told us to not expect #7 tomorrow so they don’t play more with our expectations and we can all focus on 2 important things: ARMS reveal + see what happens with the Spirits and AT treatment.

This final thing and the missing costume of Geno again would be a very clear hint that Geno is still 100% happening.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
:ultmewtwo: 6/5 - If none of ya have noticed, Mewtwo's been my main for 4 and Ultimate. I wanted him to come back so much in Smash 4 and it was great seeing him new and updated
:ultlucas:4/5 - Was a very welcome returning character from Brawl, though I never really play as Lucas or Ness. It was still really great to see them bring him back!
:ultroy: 5/5 - Like Mewtwo, Roy was another character I had big nostalgia for from Melee. He ranks as one of my mains in 4 and Ultimate though would be replaced with Geno in a heart beat
:ultryu: 4.5/5 - Again, another very welcome edition to the roster, but I've never cared much for Ryu's moveset. It was great seeing possibly the most iconic fighting game character of all time get the chance to Smash.
:ultcloud:4.5/5 - Feel similar about him as I do to Ryu. Was iconic and an impossibility, but I never liked playing as him very much. I had kinda taken a break from Smash speculation after Mewtwo mostly, so I never got the real effect of shock of Cloud Strife being in Smash, but he's still very welcome none the less.
:ultcorrin:1/5 - I felt Corrin was just unnecessary. Fates seems to be divisive among FE fans and people were even beginning to suggest a moratorium on FE characters after Roy. Honestly, Corrin is probably my least favorite Smash newcomer of all time
:ultbayonetta: 3.5/5 - Eh, I just wasn't excited for her I guess. Never had very strong connections to Bayo very much though her addition made sense. Feel like Bayo's just never interested me too much (You're gonna hear this a lot going forward).

:ultpiranha: 1.5/5 - Man, this one was just ugh. I feel like all Plant had going for him was memes, but those inevitably disappeared a week after his release when everyone moved onto the next joke to beat to death (Even when they were relevant, Plant memes were still pretty annoying IMO). I feel like the timing of his reveal didn't help after Ken and Incineroar were revealed and many mistook his trailer for Geno (Though, I didn't watch the direct live, so I'll never know that pain)
:ultjoker:3.5/5 - Never played a Persona game before, mostly because I've never owned a PS4 and I have no intention of getting one. He's got his fans and all, but again, he just didn't interest me too much.
:ulthero: 3/5 - I think they executed him in a neat way with the Hero alts, but I'd heard little of DQ before Erdrick's name began cropping up among insiders. I know he's got his audience in Japan and that's cool and he definitely has his place in gaming history with DQ basically setting the standard for modern RPGs, but he just didn't pique my interest all too much personally. Could've been Geno.
:ultbanjokazooie: 5/5 - The FP1 showstopper, it was great to see the bear and bird finally come home. I love the way he plays and he was a fan request on the tier of Geno for me. He honestly made the somewhat middling pass 1 feel a lot more worth it to me.
:ult_terry:2.75/5 - This was a difficult one to rank. I know he's got his place in gaming history as well, but he (say it with me now) just doesn't interest me. I'm not sure I'd ever really heard of Terry prior to the SNK leak, so it just all felt kinda weird, ya know? Top it off with a play style I'm not huge on and it just makes me feel rather eh and Terry.
:ultbyleth:1/5 - Woo boy, gonna try as hard as possible not to let the evil out on this one. Byleth was just that for me, another FE character that didn't interest me much and just gave me bad vibes. I think the lead up to FP5 was the perfect storm of events that just made me not like this character at all. Was he worse than Corrin though? Nah. At least 3 Houses was received well by most and was out everywhere for several months before they dumped him into Smash (Fates wasn't even out in the US come Corrin's reveal). So hey, at least he isn't the absolute worst. Now lemme wrap this up before I start ranting again.

Arms will probably rank around ~3-4 depending on who it is and how they play. I've played Arms before but only a bit so the reveal that it was Arms was just whelming for me mostly. It was nice to see an unrepped Nintendo series get the nod.
I hope FP2 can bring in more fan requests though, because I feel those are always the most satisfying reveals to see!

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Just say that you only care for characters that appeal to you then. Nintendo has literally taken Bayonetta under their wing so I dont see how she isn't an honorary Nintendo character to you..
Yes. I do only care about characters that appeal to me. Correct.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
:ultmewtwo: 4/5 even though I never played him, it was cool seeing him back
:ultlucas:5/5 Played him alot in Brawl, was happy to see him back
:ultroy: 4/5 I wasnt into FE at the time but he looked pretty cool to me
:ultryu: 5/5 Was pretty shocked to see him and was intrested in his move inputs lol
:ultcloud:5/5 I was pretty damn existed to see him
:ultcorrin:5/5 I liked Male corrin so by default I liked this character. Let me be happy
:ultbayonetta: 5/5 I love Bayo, period

:ultpiranha:5/5 It was a cute addition to the game
:ultjoker:5/5 I love Persona, period
:ulthero:5/5 I love DQ, Period
:ultbanjokazooie:2/5 Sadly I wasnt as intrested in this character
:ult_terry:5/5 Seeing such an iconic character made me happy
:ultbyleth:5/5 I love male Byleth and I love Three Houses.again Let me be ****ing happy
>Damn near every character got a 5/5 except for Banjo
You're a weird person, Professor. Kind of respectable, really.

>Makes watered-down, microtransaction-laden versions of their hit games for mobile
>They all fail spectacularly

Well color me suprised.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My thoughts earlier were me reading the room but if I were to say my personal opinions on each DLC:

:ultmewtwo:-4/5. I was mostly just happy for other people.

:ultlucas:5/5. Probably one of the more emotional DLC reveals for me because, damn, there were a lot of tear jerker comics about Lucas getting cut. It was really satisfying to have him back..

:ultroy:- 2/5. Mostly happy for his fans but that was about it.

:ultryu:- 4/5. Huge gaming icon and kind of the indicator that DLC was going to be a lot more ambitious than we originally.

:ultcloud:- 3/5. Huge mixed bag. Wasn't excited for him personally but it was nice seeing other people's reactions, including my older cousin who has HIV and life has just been generally miserable since his teens. It was a deeply personal moment between the two of us and one of my favorite gaming memories as an adult.

:ultcorrin:- 2/5. A character that was ruined by all the whining. Doesn't help that Fates is terrible too.

:ultbayonetta:- 2/5. No attachment to the character but it made me hopeful of the lengths Nintendo would go in the future.

:ultpiranha:- 3/5. Fun character but the novelty wore off fast, especially with the contrarian bandwagoning.

:ultjoker: 2/5. Copy and paste my thoughts on Bayo.

:ulthero:3/5. Yet another giant mixed bag. Another character that would have been better for me if it hadn't leaked and people didn't use him as a platform for hoping Geno would be deconfirmed..

:ultbanjokazooie: 5/5. Childhood favorite and someone I pretty much gave up on back in the early Brawl days. Easily my favorite DLC character so far.

:ult_terry: 4/5. Had no clue who he was but I love the character now. Love the personality. Love that he's a Japanese take on an American accent. Basically someone I never knew I wanted until he joined Smash.

:ultbyleth:- 2/5. Great character, absolute dog**** timing. Didn't help that he came at the end of the worst period in my entire 15 years of Smash speculation.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
:ultmewtwo: 5/5
:ultlucas: 4/5
:ultroy: 1/5
:ultryu: 2/5
:ultcloud: 3.5/5
:ultcorrin: 0/5
:ultbayonetta: 1/5

:ultpiranha: 1/5
:ultjoker: 0/5
:ulthero3: 5/5
:ultbanjokazooie: 5/5
:ult_terry: 1.5/5
:ultbyleth: 0.5/5

ARMS I want to see them in action first but I'm feeling optimistic so I'll start it as 2.5/5

Well the time is almost among us genobros. Whoever may come lets watch the rules fall.

Last edited:

cool6012

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cool6012
3DS FC
5455-9651-7560
NONONONONO you need to have MY taste or I’ll take offense

No one's taking offense. What's the point of the thread if we can't have a little bit of discussion. I just think some of his reasons dont really make any sense, shame on me for saying something?

Droodle

Smash Lord
Yes. I do only care about characters that appeal to me. Correct.
NONONONONO you need to have MY taste or I’ll take offense
To be honest I get it, you shouldn't really hesitate on telling people exactly what you want. Like I was happy with how FP 1 turned out even if none of the characters were my absolute favorites. If I had the magic button to decide what the first FP would have been like; I would've pressed it and we would have gotten something like:

1. Pirahna Plant Bub and Bob
2. Joker Neku Sakuraba
3. Hero Estelle Bright
4. Banjo Amaterasu
5. Terry Brachydios
6. Byleth Quote

I'm pretty sure a pass like that would have been pretty "disappointing" for most people. But would I really care? Not really, I got who I want; other people would just have to accept it or move on.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Damn near every character got a 5/5 except for Banjo
You're a weird person, Professor. Kind of respectable, really.
I think it comes from the fact we did have a N64 but I just never ever seemed intrested in Banjo Kazooie. If we did have it, I sure dont remeber playing it. I cant give it a 0 because I knoe its someones fav character, wouldnt be far to give it a 0 just because it isnt my type of character.

Everyone else tho, I loved/liked mostly because of my love of JRPGs, Traditional figjting games and action games

TTF

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna head off to bed and get ready for the morning presentation! See you all on the Smash side!

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Where's my prediction for the ARMS presentation tomorrow.

Fighter: Spring Man

Echo Fighter: Ribbon Girl

Stage: Spring Stadium

Music:

1. Grand Prix (Remix)
2. Spring Stadium (Remix)
3. Ribbon Ring (Remix)
4. Ninja College
5. Mausoleum (Remix)
6. Ramen Bowl (Remix)
7. Scrapyard
8. Cinema Deux (Remix)
9. Buster Beach (Remix)
10. Snake Park
11. DNA Lab
12. Via Dolce
13. Temple Grounds (Remix)
14. Sparring Ring
15. [NAME REDACTED]
16. Sky Arena (Remix)
17. VS Hedlok
18. VS Dr.Coyle Hedlok
19. Staff Credits (Remix)
20. Grand Prix (Ribbon Girl Ver.) (Remix)

Spirits:

1. Biff (Novice Support)
2. Mechanica (Advanced Support)
3. Byte & Barq (Advanced Support)
4. Misango (Ace Support)
5. Helix (Novice Primary)
6. Kid Cobra (Advanced Primary)
7. Master Mummy (Advanced Primary)
8. Lola Pop ( Advanced Primary)
9. Springton (Ace Primary)
10. Max Brass (Ace Primary)
11. Hedlok (Enhanceable) (Ace Support)
12. Hedlok/w Max Brass (Legend Support)
13. Dr. Coyle (Legend Primary)

Mii Costumes:

Min Min Brawler
Ninjara Brawler
Biff Mii Hat
Red Shell Hat
Gooigi Mii Hat
Secert Nintendo Mii Costume Fatman told us

Yeah, I'm going with the mascots of the game. I have a gut feeling is them, and not Min Min. I think people are too confident in her, but if it is her, I'll be surprised and happy for the Min Min fans!

QQS

Smash Lord
It will be 10am in Chile! See you in the thread after the presentation!

Geno is preparing to launch into battle in July very very soon, remember this!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm gonna go to bed after I am done making this comment, but all I am gonna say is that I would be lying if I said I am not nervous about the Mii Outfit selection for tomorrow. I'm pretty sure Geno's outfit won't return, but if it somehow does, then I personally will lose all hope in Geno, and it would hurt to say that. On the bright side, however, I am holding out hope we get a Cacodemon outfit, because if we do, especially if it looks like the one seen in CacoMallow, then that would basically confirm Geno is coming to Smash, especially if the Mallow outfit doesn't show up in this wave.

Either way, I am nervous, while also remaining optimistic. Anyways, good night and see you all tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom