• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Also, keep in mind that if Smash news is coming soon, it may be possible that insiders may leak FP7 rumours a few days early. So that’s a good thing as well.
I don't know about this. The last character that was leaked was Terry and that was Nintendo who leaked him. Nintendo really seems to be cracking down on leaks and whatever they're doing, it seems to be working

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It's possible, but I'm not counting on it given how most were unable to leak Byleth.
Nintendo only kept him under wraps so tightly because they knew his addition was going to piss off a lot of people and they wanted the outrage done quickly like a band-aid being ripped off in one go rather than dragged out.:4pacman:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I haven't seen anyone talk about this: https://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-spyro-arms/

This could be big. Has this happened before? Granted it could just be a mistake and it could be unrelated to Smash I guess? Are they releasing amiibo for any other game? I immediately thought Spring Man or Springtron. But if it's not directly referring to the next character I was also looking at Terry but there's no space for any other FP1 character so I'm not sure about that. There's also other names we could throw around if it's a later character: Sora, Spyro, etc. I checked the website myself and it's still there. Interesting to say the least. I'm thinking Spring Man really might be our pass opener.
Edit: then again it is odd that they would add this character before any of the FP1 characters to the list so it could just be some kind of promotional amiibo.
it’s been talked about already.
It's possible, but I'm not counting on it given how most were unable to leak Byleth.
True but no doubt vergeben will know something before the arms character is announced. After all he leaked byleth about 1 hour before he was announced and some of the mii costumes

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
it’s been talked about already.

True but no doubt vergeben will know something before the arms character is announced. After all he leaked byleth about 1 hour before he was announced and some of the mii costumes
wait what?! Why did I not know of this sooner? I only knew of the big deconfirm list that was later partially backpedaled on

and last I checked he was still looking into that League of Legends rep rumor. Safe to say that’s fake by now tho

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
wait what?! Why did I not know of this sooner? I only knew of the big deconfirm list that was later partially backpedaled on

and last I checked he was still looking into that League of Legends rep rumor. Safe to say that’s fake by now tho
You probably didn’t hear about it because leaking a character an hour early for e-points is comparable to telling someone they’re about to walk into a surprise party when you pull into the driveway.

If you aren’t leaking something at least a day or so more in advance there’s honestly no point

Theguy123

Smash Lord

about an hour before byleths announcement he said byleth was the character and then listed a few mii costumes that were coming along with him. No body noticed though until a few minutes before the presentation. He probably leaked it late because he’s sick of the backlash he gets from the people. So many times people have thrown abuse at him because he was correct. If anyone’s gonna know anything about the dlc then it’s gonna be him.

Firox

Smash Master
BEWARE, PEOPLE! Even if we do end up getting "leaks" within the next few days, there is an insanely high chance that most, if not all of them, will be fake anyway. Don't forget that we're about to enter that magical time before a legit reveal where every idiot on the internet starts spouting random "insights" at the top of their lungs. We're probably gonna see fake screen shots, trailers and 4chan vomit up the wazoo. It kinda sucks because I wanna get hyped for what's coming, but it tends to be best just to cover one's eyes/ears and just wait for the real deal.

If you aren’t leaking something at least a day or so more in advance there’s honestly no point
Totally agree. I honestly don't give ANYONE e-cred unless they have the testicular fortitude to stake their claim at least a few days in advance. Otherwise, it really doesn't do anything but spoil the surprise in the worst way. You don't even get the benefit of anticipation. It's practically retroactive by the time anyone sees it.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Sometimes I feel like Helix could be the Arms rep. I know that supposedly puts Geno in an awkward spot but Helix feels like a very "Sakurai-type" pick. He's got that weirdly unique design that would probably suit his style, though really speaking, who knows?

Also, please, Jeff Grubb. My heart, don't do this.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
While I do think Geno has a strong chance and will be CP7, lately I have just been feeling nervous. I feel like this isn't like Banjo where I was 99% confident he was in, but I still think Geno has a great shot. I'm nervous about the lack of leaks which could mean anyone is on the table for CP7, but I seriously hope its Geno.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Sometimes I feel like Helix could be the Arms rep. I know that supposedly puts Geno in an awkward spot but Helix feels like a very "Sakurai-type" pick. He's got that weirdly unique design that would probably suit his style, though really speaking, who knows?

Also, please, Jeff Grubb. My heart, don't do this.
Maybe Helix could be it, but his main gimmick requires a 3D plane, so it wouldn't translate well to smash.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
We are running the theoretical Death Star trench now. It's not an easy ride and everything now seems to be at stake. We can't do much but just enjoy the ride and trust that everything will go right for Geno.

trench.gif

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Time for some more tinfoil hat theorycraft:

-As Slender pointed out the other day, Sakurai specifically says in Byleth's presentation that originally they only considered doing one or two post pass characters.

-This may explain why the Smash website code was updated for 5, 6, and 7 back in November.

-Both were likely big fan picks.

-ARMS probably wasn't one of them and was added in when the decision was made to create full packs.

-For Nintendo to effortlessly make this decision, 6 likely belonged to them and was either completely canned or is coming later.

-7 likely didn't change.

-No patches have been added since January despite only the ARMS character needing more time to be balanced.

-One possible theory: Nintendo didn't want to accidentally leak anything like they did at the beginning of Smash 4's DLC and the Fighter's Pass.

Hopefully we'll have answers within the next 8 days.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
So, reading the GamerRant article talking about the "Coming Soon" spot between the Sonic and Toon Link amiibos, as potentially hinting at the next DLC fighter, the name that would fit there (from among the ARMS characters) is none other than Spring Man. I mean, right now I feel convinced that Spring Man's going to be CP6. And if so, then hip hip hurray! AT's, spirits, and Mii Costumes deconfirming characters will be a fan rule BTFO of the water for good. Going back the Smash Bros. Ultimate website (Fighters section), I looked at the squares that have the first six DLC fighters (counting Piranha Plant), and the blank spaced below them. I noticed that in the case of the ARMS rep, it is very likely that the background color most likely will be yellow. Hmm, maybe a more lighter one but, still yellow; similar to Banjo's which is right above it. Now, the square right next to it is under Terry's, which is a blue background. Hmm... blue. This got me thinking; could it be mere coincidence that, if Geno does end up being CP7, and his background on that page is also a tone of blue, could it hint that perhaps the background colors from the other upcoming fighters be of similar tones to the existing DLC fighters?! For example, CP 8's background being a tone of pastel green, CP 9 a tone of green, CP 10 a tone of red, and CP 11 a tone of violet?:eek:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Jeff Grubb replies to another smrpg thing again on twitter

So at what point do I add Grubb's SMRPG tweets to The List™?

Looks like we aren't getting any announcements until next week.
It's possible we'll get shadowdrops, but with the Pokemon thing yesterday, I wasn't expecting any form of announcement for an upcoming big thing (like Smash news) this week anyway.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Time for some more tinfoil hat theorycraft:

-As Slender pointed out the other day, Sakurai specifically says in Byleth's presentation that originally they only considered doing one or two post pass characters.

-This may explain why the Smash website code was updated for 5, 6, and 7 back in November.

-Both were likely big fan picks.

-ARMS probably wasn't one of them and was added in when the decision was made to create full packs.

-For Nintendo to effortlessly make this decision, 6 likely belonged to them and was either completely canned or is coming later.

-7 likely didn't change.

-No patches have been added since January despite only the ARMS character needing more time to be balanced.

-One possible theory: Nintendo didn't want to accidentally leak anything like they did at the beginning of Smash 4's DLC and the Fighter's Pass.

Hopefully we'll have answers within the next 8 days.
We will most likely get our answers by the end of Thursday of next week at the latest. I can't imagine Nintendo and Sakurai wanting to keep fans waiting for too much longer

Lyncario

Smash Ace
So, reading the GamerRant article talking about the "Coming Soon" spot between the Sonic and Toon Link amiibos, as potentially hinting at the next DLC fighter, the name that would fit there (from among the ARMS characters) is none other than Spring Man. I mean, right now I feel convinced that Spring Man's going to be CP6.
The Amiboo is Squirtle.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Thinking on it, Nintendo probably hasn't done any patches even for things like notable visual glitches since January to avoid leaking something because so far they have accidentally leaked something at the beginning of both of their DLC seasons:

-After Mewtwo was released and Lucas was announced, Roy and Ryu were found in Smash 4's code.

-In pirated copies of Ultimate, Joker was in the code in November and Hero was starting in December. Only reason Joker wasn't successfully leaked was because his codename (Jack) was so ambiguous that nobody could figure out who it was supposed to be. His stats did suggest a character like Greninja or Sheik but nobody was able to put two and two together. Hero (Brave) obviously was a lot less ambiguous.

This is also why something is probably up with 6 because I feel like their codename and stats would give them away if we knew what they were. Ironic that Nintendo accidentally spoiled part of Smash 2015 and 2019 and finally learned their lesson before 2020 when we're all half crazed for new information.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Thinking on it, Nintendo probably hasn't done any patches even for things like notable visual glitches since January to avoid leaking something because so far they have accidentally leaked something at the beginning of both of their DLC seasons:

-After Mewtwo was released and Lucas was announced, Roy and Ryu were found in Smash 4's code.

-In pirated copies of Ultimate, Joker was in the code in November and Hero was starting in December. Only reason Joker wasn't successfully leaked was because his codename (Jack) was so ambiguous that nobody could figure out who it was supposed to be. His stats did suggest a character like Greninja or Sheik but nobody was able to put two and two together. Hero (Brave) obviously was a lot less ambiguous.

This is also why something is probably up with 6 because I feel like their codename and stats would give them away if we knew what they were. Ironic that Nintendo accidentally spoiled part of Smash 2015 and 2019 and finally learned their lesson before 2020 when we're all half crazed for new information.
Yeah, they are definitely learning. They did an excellent job of keeping Byleth a secret from the rest of the world, and the ARMS fighter is no different.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Sooooooo..... no ones mentioned this in a while but......... caccomallow leak real???? What’s everyone’s take on it after months passing by.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Sooooooo..... no ones mentioned this in a while but......... caccomallow leak real???? What’s everyone’s take on it after months passing by.
- It looks very legitimate
- No one has been able to replicate it, which adds to its legitimacy
- The fact that it's "been awhile" doesn't decrease its legitimacy/relevance
- Just a reminder that it only points to two costumes, not to Doomguy or Geno getting in Smash
- Buuuuuuut, why hasn't Nintendo, Square, or Bethesda done anything about it, such as take it down? This is the part that makes people question its legitimacy.
The only answers to the question being "it's fake" or "it hasn't gone noticed by any of the three companies", and I find the latter very hard to believe. But, I also find the former kinda hard to believe either, so who even knows at this point?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
- It looks very legitimate
- No one has been able to replicate it, which adds to its legitimacy
- Just a reminder that it only points to two costumes, not to Doomguy or Geno getting in Smash
- Buuuuuuut, why hasn't Nintendo, Square, or Bethesda done anything about it, such as take it down? This is the part that makes people question its legitimacy.
The only answers to the question being "it's fake" or "it hasn't gone noticed by any of the three companies", and I find the latter very hard to believe. But, I also find the former kinda hard to believe either, so who even knows at this point?
My interpretation of CacoMallow is this: if they called for any posts related to it to be removed, it would be a basic admission of its authenticity. The ESRB leak had Nintendo calling for them to be removed, which added to its legitimacy

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Another fun coincidence:

-Smash 4's datamine leak had Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. Lucas had already been announced.

-The Fighter's Pass datamine leak had Plant, Joker, and Hero. Plant had already been announced and Joker was literally announced on launch day in Japan.

-ARMS was already announced several months prior, just like Lucas and Plant.

Perhaps E3 2020 really will be a triple after all? We'll see.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Another fun coincidence:

-Smash 4's datamine leak had Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. Lucas had already been announced.

-The Fighter's Pass datamine leak had Plant, Joker, and Hero. Plant had already been announced and Joker was literally announced on launch day in Japan.

-ARMS was already announced several months prior, just like Lucas and Plant.

Perhaps E3 2020 really will be a triple after all? We'll see.
It would certainly do more to help the Fighter Pass if it's a triple reveal.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
It’s been a good 7 months, so I can see why some people would be doubting it. However, I still think it’s possibly real since fighters have been shown to be worked on and completed months in advance, the rest of the time is just polishing them.
We don’t know when development of the second wave of fighters began, but let’s look back at the Byleth presentation, which was recorded in November I believe. He said at the time, the fighters have been decided and locked in, so development of #6, #7 and maybe #8 started that month. That means the Mallow and Cacodemon costumes were started and finished by then due to how low-effort it is to complete them, while the fighters are still worked on.
The time gap is certainly a factor against this leak, but considering that no one has perfectly replicated it and no one has come out to claim they faked it, I believe both of these factors are significant.

TL;DR, I still think it’s real, but if none of the costumes turn up by #78, then I think it’s fake.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
yeh i dont really get it when people say it would have been taken down if it was real. I mean if cacomallow would have been taken down that would pretty much a 100% guarantee that geno is playable, doomguy not so much. I do think that cacomallow isnt anywhere near genos highest points of things going for him.
Imo cacomallows fate definitely comes down to the miis that come with fp7.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
imma get **** for this but personaly, the fact it hasnt been taken down makes me think its fake. Why take down a leak when it doesn't even affect you in any way?

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Cacomallow not being taken down has so many reverse reverse psychology **** I'm not even gonna try to think about it.

Firox

Smash Master
imma get **** for this but personaly, the fact it hasnt been taken down makes me think its fake. Why take down a leak when it doesn't even affect you in any way?
Maybe this will help answer your question:

yeh i dont really get it when people say it would have been taken down if it was real. I mean if cacomallow would have been taken down that would pretty much a 100% guarantee that geno is playable, doomguy not so much.
Basically, people scrutinize every little thing Nintendo does in order to get insight into what's coming. If the leak is real and Nintendo doesn't want to draw attention to it, what's the best way to address it without giving away someone like Geno? Simple. You do nothing. You pretend like it isn't worth taking down so that people like yourself doubt its importance. The fact that you're skeptical means that their strategy is right on the money. To be honest though, you can logic it both ways but doing nothing is still the best way to counter the real deal.

Cacomallow not being taken down has so many reverse reverse psychology **** I'm not even gonna try to think about it.
Exactly. Nintendo doesn't want you to think about it. Mission accomplished.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
This is pretty much the perfect way to define cacomallow as a whole. It literally all comes down to this opinion of whether or not nintendo would have taken it down.
cacomallowopinion.PNG

MisterMike

Smash Champion
My take is mostly if not entirely unchanged from several months ago:
  • I think there's a good chance of it being real.
  • It certainly looks a lot more legit compared to most other fakes we've seen.
  • Nobody has been able to replicate it at the same level of quality, most notably how the Cacodemon Hat encircles the fighter's face. You might thing this a bit of a minor point to get hung up about, but if you've been around Smash speculation as long as I have you will know that even the most minute details matter significantly when determining a potential leak's legitimacy. The fact that CacoMallow itself looks very convincing under scrutiny is a good sign.
  • There's some significant overlap with other potential info we've found over the course of the last year or so, most notably the Mii Costume List.
  • While it has been a long time since it was first posted, we know that stuff like this is developed far ahead of time.
  • Some have said that if it was real then surely someone would've taken it down, but the way I see it, any action on their part would be disasterous given how small scale this is in the long run. If they take it down, regardless if it's real or fake, it'll get people thinking it was real. Nintendo would likely want to avoid giving it any attention. Also, people said the same thing about the Ken Leak.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Cacomallow is real and Geno is in Smash. The "ARMS character" is probably going to be 4 alt costumes like Hero, with Spring-Man being the main one. Both the AT and Spirit rules are going to be destroyed, Sakurai is going to make some comment in his Famitsu column or an interview along the lines of "I never said they couldn't join the battle [laughs]."

Detractors are already preparing to type: "Sigh. For the last time, ARMS is an exception." Once this is also proven wrong, they will pretend that Geno was an obvious pick and will probably move on to hating Crash. They've never played a Crash Bandicoot game (having likely been born in the 21st century) and think someone like 2B makes for a better PlayStation "rep" because that's from a game they recognize, but will claim it's because they want more female reps (they don't actually care).

The Boomer squad will move on to Isaac, probably. We'll have to go through those same detractors trying to say he's yet another anime swordsman despite them being the largest supporters of more Fire Emblem characters, Sora, or 2B. Eventually we'll win that too--probably in Smash 6

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom