• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Assuming you didn't buy the first one.
Naturally. And since it'd be a remake, there's a chance they can fix a few things from the previous version. While Ultra SuMo wasn't perfect with regards to changes (most notably with the story being mangled into a confusing, plothole-ridden mess), one things that was improved was the Electric Trial. In base S&M it was a barebones quiz literally made on a shoestring budget, whereas in Ultra SuMo it was made into a proper puzzle where you connect Chargabugs to complete a circuit. **** like that can't really be done with SwSh, because the DLC is just an add-on with it's own stuff rather than an update.

Also assuming that they wouldn't make it the price of a 3DS game and scale it to a Switch game.

So no, you'd still be paying $60. They're not just going to make it forty because it's like US&M
Oh whoops, misspoke there. Yeah, it'd be 60 dollars in this case for a decent experience as opposed to 60 for a meager experience and 30 for a decent add-on to that meager experience.

I mean that implies USUM needed to exist (it didn't) or added anything of value (it really didn't). You can argue the story is actually told worse and it doesn't actually fix anything fundamentally wrong with Gen 7 (mega linear routes and dungeons, endless tutorials and unskippable cutscenes, both of which are gigantic issues which drag down the game substantially).
Oh yeah, definitely. For the record, I'm not saying Ultra SuMo is a quality Pokemon experience by any means. But as a stand-alone experience it stands head and shoulders above SwSh's base game.

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
With all the news and speculation that has been going on I'm honestly glad to know that I was wrong with a June 25th announcement, though it is possible it could be a release date

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With all the news and speculation that has been going on I'm honestly glad to know that I was wrong with a June 25th announcement, though it is possible it could be a release date
can i get some context? is it for sure going to be earlier?

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
can i get some context? is it for sure going to be earlier?
I Theorized that because of the Nintendo tournament that's happening all of June I thought for sure that the ARMS rep would be announced and released on June 25th the Thursday AFTER the tournament. But lately there's been ALOT of news speculating that this week we're gonna get a bunch of announcements. I could be wrong about being wrong but with everything i'm hearing I have some hopes for this week

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I said it earlier and I'm saying it now, 9th-11th is gonna be when it drops. Especially given that Pokemon is dropping now, I expect the Smash thing to be the week after. In the last year actually, we've had Pokemon news precede Smash news by about a week for both E3 last year and January of this year. In Q1/2 of last year, Pokemon also preceded Smash news by almost 2 months.

- Pkmn: 2/27/19
- Smash: 4/16/19 (nearly 2 months apart)
- Pkmn: 6/5/19
- Nintendo (with Hero+Banjo reveals): 6/11/19 (1 week apart)
- Pkmn: 1/9/20
- Smash: 1/16/20 (1 week apart)
- Pkmn: 6/2/20
- Smash (probably): 6/9/20~6/11/20? (1 week apart?)
It's not definitive, but I do think next week is it.

I could be wrong about being wrong but with everything i'm hearing I have some hopes for this week
I would not expect anything this week (besides Pokemon); I don't think we've ever had more than one *important* video/direct/presentation in a week. The Smash presentation will be of the "important" variety, since it's a reveal (with probable Sakurai explanation for the ARMS rep as well), and likely additional reveals. The Pokemon video tomorrow is seemingly of the important variety since they'll dump more news about it. I just don't see two announcements coming in the same week.

As for a *release*? Yeah, it could totally be the 25th for #6 to be playable, but a reveal? Nah, it'll be much sooner than that, especially assuming we're getting a 3rd party reveal (that's a very safe bet) for what would have been E3. I doubt there's much wiggle room for that.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I said it earlier and I'm saying it now, 9th-11th is gonna be when it drops. Especially given that Pokemon is dropping now, I expect the Smash thing to be the week after. In the last year actually, we've had Pokemon news precede Smash news by about a week for both E3 last year and January of this year. In Q1/2 of last year, Pokemon also preceded Smash news by almost 2 months.

I would not expect anything this week (besides Pokemon); I don't think we've ever had more than one *important* video/direct/presentation in a week. The Smash presentation will be of the "important" variety, since it's a reveal (with probable Sakurai explanation for the ARMS rep as well), and likely additional reveals. The Pokemon video tomorrow is seemingly of the important variety since they'll dump more news about it. I just don't see two announcements coming in the same week.

As for a *release*? Yeah, it could totally be the 25th for #6 to be playable, but a reveal? Nah, it'll be much sooner than that, especially assuming we're getting a 3rd party reveal (that's a very safe bet) for what would have been E3. I doubt there's much wiggle room for that.
I actually think this is what we will get too. I think it would be weird to release the DLC on the first week, especially since Pokemon will have the spotlight this week, but next week seems perfect to release the ARMS rep and reveal CP7

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Yeah, next week is looking more likely than this week for Smash news. I wasn’t expecting this week anyway, so we must continue the wait!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah, next week is looking more likely than this week for Smash news. I wasn’t expecting this week anyway, so we must continue the wait!
Even prior to the Pokemon thing, I wasn't thinking this week either. Smash reveals happen in E3 directs, and I never expected the date of the reveal/direct (if there was one) to change much, so yeah, second week is looking most likely.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's what I've been saying for a while. The second week just felt more likely due to it being when E3 was intended to happen

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I have a feeling next week will be the ARMS fighter. I also hope we get a reasonable explanation for why only the series was initially revealed outside of maybe drumming up the speculation scene a bit more.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I also hope we get a reasonable explanation for why only the series was initially revealed outside of maybe drumming up the speculation scene a bit more.
The explanation is Nintendo being *****. It is dumb they didn't just say the name even if they couldn't show them off. There was no real point to doing this.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
If the ARMS rep is a promotion ... I am really hoping for #7 to be revealed ... which is a promotion character too.

I know one could argue that “Nintendo wouldn’t want to take away #6’s Spotlight”, but come on, the series rep was announced months ago, it’s a semi-reveal. The only thing that can make it an “exciting” character is if it’s a promotion. That leads to more potential excitement for the rest of the DLC pack that Nintendo needs to advertise its value.

Hard to argue the value of the pack wouldn’t be enticing if it means some of those fighters are promotions and keeps the Smash conversation “relevant” on who will be on it since EVERYTHING is on the table.

Please be Springman or at least include him if it’s multiple characters.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Well, we already have the Pokemon DLC news scheduled for tomorrow sooooo, who knows. Starting tomorrow throughout the month of June,

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Couldn't Zippo have just been refering to Pokemon? Ya know, the thing that consistently leaks literally EVERY TIME?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Couldn't Zippo have just been refering to Pokemon? Ya know, the thing that consistently leaks literally EVERY TIME?
He explicitly said "not just THURSDAY". The Pokemon news is tomorrow, which is Tuesday. He definitely wasn't talking about Pokemon.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
If the ARMS rep is a promotion ... I am really hoping for #7 to be revealed ... which is a promotion character too.

I know one could argue that “Nintendo wouldn’t want to take away #6’s Spotlight”, but come on, the series rep was announced months ago, it’s a semi-reveal. The only thing that can make it an “exciting” character is if it’s a promotion. That leads to more potential excitement for the rest of the DLC pack that Nintendo needs to advertise its value.

Hard to argue the value of the pack wouldn’t be enticing if it means some of those fighters are promotions and keeps the Smash conversation “relevant” on who will be on it since EVERYTHING is on the table.

Please be Springman or at least include him if it’s multiple characters.
Honestly I really don't agree with this sentiment. I really don't think they would save a promotional character of all things for "E3". Nintendo loves to go all out at E3 and some of the most exciting Smash reveals happen at E3. That leads me to believe that CP7 will be one that was highly requested, OR one that is N. Sanely iconic, pun intended.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
A promoted character wouldn’t be exciting enough for E3? Let alone a promoted character that’s been wanted for a long time?

Huh.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Honestly I really don't agree with this sentiment. I really don't think they would save a promotional character of all things for "E3". Nintendo loves to go all out at E3 and some of the most exciting Smash reveals happen at E3. That leads me to believe that CP7 will be one that was highly requested, OR one that is N. Sanely iconic, pun intended.
He/She hasn't refering to a Shill Pic, it was talking about a Spirit, Mii or AT upgrade

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Sorry my explanation wasn’t clear. My bad. I am anti-shill picks. I meant promotions of Spirits/Mii costumes and/or AT.

I would personally be disappointed in an advertising promotional pick. If we get a Steel Metal Enemy Soldier for the upcoming Fire Emblem X Mario Party - Pirhana Plant Night Club edition I will explode.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Sorry my explanation wasn’t specific. I am anti-shill picks. I meant promotions of Spirits/Mii costumes and/or AT.

I would personally be disappointed in an advertising promotional pick.
Its all good. Now that I know what you mean, yeah I do think that could work as an E3 reveal. I'm already thinking that is what this ARMS rep is gonna be anyways

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If Zippo is right about this week, and Thursday, even though it may not be a Direct that is happening, I have a feeling something will be announced tomorrow or Wednesday.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Good point, I was thinkin' the same thing.

If this is true, boy's living up to his name. Things are gonna get LIT!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm not sure why people are suspecting Zippo is teasing a Mario announcement from that comment unless I am missing something. This could be a hint for anything really.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Best case scenario: Zippo is teasing the fact that Nintendo will announce something all throughout the week, which one of the announcements will be a Smash reveal and maybe a Mario-related announcement + 2D Metroid.

Worst case scenario: Zippo isn't teasing anything for Nintendo and is just leaking stuff for Sony or Microsoft.

QQS

Smash Lord
I can feel we are at the deadline of this two-decades torture. If not this, next week I’m expecting the ARMS trailer featuring:

a) Min Min

b) 4 reps. (Each with some unique Specials)
consisting in SpringMan, Ribbon Girl, MinMin & Ninjara

c) 8 reps. (Each with some unique Specials)

All under the same slot #76. Then followed by a perfect CGI trailer of our Wooden Puppet Blue Doll:

a) mixed in the same ARMS trailer, with Geno participating with the ARMS roster

b) totally new trailer at the end of the Direct, with Geno reveal:

b1) Geno awakening at Gaz House/followed by Bowyer sequence (of course with Mario in there). Mixing all the SMRPG gang there and of course also Mallow in the CGI (in gameplay probably Mallow as part of Geno Flash, mixing it with Star Rain, like Mega Man final smash mixing all the protagonists). Also a Costume or even a Premium Costume of Mallow. Yes, to have the complete original SMRPG cast: Mario-Bowser-Peach-Geno playables + Mallow premium. To have it complete, hopefully.

b2) Geno awakening like the toys in the 64 intro

b3) Geno appearing in a sequel of the Rosalina reveal trailer, mixed with Mario & Kirby elements. Probably awakening and fighting against Galeem and Dharkon with all the “Puppet Fighters” plot.

Geno falls down to Smash! Geno serves a higher demand!

*Probably cause Sakurai decided to use the Rare wordplay with Banjo: “Banjo and Kazooie are RARING to go”; I can see if they decide to use the Square wordplay here: Geno Squares Up! or something similar. But anyway my personal favorites are the tag lines that include “Shoot” or “Star” in there!

Best wishes from Chile and Geno is 100% playable for me. Keep the faith! Too much evidence and too much demand granted in Ultimate. Also recognition from Sakurai. Pretty sure it’s happening! This is our best shot. We have never come so far like this. It’s a strong evidence on the table. Call me crazy but will realize then.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom