• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
... You know , this whole "Spirits and ATs deconfirm , they spend way too much time on that , timeframes don't correspond !" is really something I only see in Smash.

I mean , to give an example : Dragon Ball FighterZ.
Android 18 was one of the base game characters , and half of her moveset was calling her brother , Android 17 , to help her out.

So surely , they wouldn't promote Android 17 when he's such a big part of Android 18 moveset , and especially not for the first wave of DLC , right ?

... Right ?

But then , I guess people will tell me "Smash is a party game , it's different !" or some ****...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lots of goodies in November, eh Luigi?
"Where there's toasters, they pinch back."

The thing that kills me when people say ATs can't be promoted is that they went out of their way to add a feature that ultimately has no point aside from arguably immersion. Nobody would care if Knuckles the AT and Knuckles the background character appeared at the same time because Smash in itself is one ****in' huge suspension of disbelief. This is a game where Ridley can have bunny ears and Ganondorf can have a raccoon tail, minds wouldn't exactly shatter.

D

Deleted member

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice minor correction but the line is "When you pitch Wendy's pennises, they pitch back".

Unless the intention was to missquote It in which case I apologize

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The thing about the automatic AT turn off feature is that it was in the base game. They didn't add it in, it's been there since the beginning. "They can't promote ATs!" Uh, yes they can because they already did the footwork that would make it possible a year and a half ago. It's a non-issue. It's basically something that's been waiting to happen since December 2018 so now it's just seeing who they pull the trigger for and I think we're going to get that answer by the end of the month one way or another.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
The thing about the automatic AT turn off feature is that it was in the base game. They didn't add it in, it's been there since the beginning. "They can't promote ATs!" Uh, yes they can because they already did the footwork that would make it possible a year and a half ago. It's a non-issue. It's basically something that's been waiting to happen since December 2018 so now it's just seeing who they pull the trigger for and I think we're going to get that answer by the end of the month one way or another.
Those sly dogs. The foundations were there from the very start. I'm looking much forward to this month. :2gud:

EDIT: Oh, it seems our first bit of Nintendo news might be coming much sooner than expected.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
But then , I guess people will tell me "Smash is a party game , it's different !" or some ****...
i mean it is but thats neither here nor there
It is pretty funny to see Android 17 fight android 17 with 18 almost as equally funny to see chrom beating himself up with Robin

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Lots of goodies in November, eh Luigi?
"I hope he made lotsa promotions!"

Well, its June. Where's the character?
Right? This is bullceap!

It's not going to be revealed on day 1, we still have at least 10 days to go before any reveals happen
VV knows that. We all know that. VV lives to meme on here.

EDIT: Oh, it seems our first bit of Nintendo news might be coming much sooner than expected.
Oh joy, oh fun, Inb4 they reveal Urshidumb for #7 and I blow my brains out.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Those sly dogs. The foundations where there from the very start. I'm looking much forward to this month. :2gud:

'Ope, seperate Pokemon presentation! We can probably expect the same for Smash now. And so it begins...

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Its June! Not only is it my birth month, but we're finally approaching the release of the ARMS rep and hopefully the reveal of CP7!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Polarthief Polarthief Actually, quite the opposite, my guy. If Pokemon is doing its E3 announcement tomorrow, basically 6 would have to be shadowdropped TODAY in order for 7 to be Kung-Pooh Bear. When it comes to E3, Pokemon typically makes its announcements in one sitting and then it's outty 3000, meaning the kill switch for your existential dread could be flipped in as few as 10 hours.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Polarthief Polarthief Actually, quite the opposite, my guy. If Pokemon is doing its E3 announcement tomorrow, basically 6 would have to be shadowdropped TODAY in order for 7 to be Kung-Pooh Bear. When it comes to E3, Pokemon typically makes its announcements in one sitting and then it's outty 3000, meaning the kill switch for your existential dread could be flipped in as few as 10 hours.
That, and the recent spirit event for Sword and Shield doesn't inspire confidence in a Gen 8 rep, especially since the spirits chosen for it would be ones you'd want for the full DLC spirit board

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Something worth noting is that Pokemon as a series hasn't often shown up as major DLC in other franchises. The most relevant ones are Mewtwo in Smash 4 (which they probably would have has in the base game if they had more time) and various Smash Amiibo related characters (along with the Kanto starters) that you could unlock for free in Mario Maker 1. And even the Amiibo ones were somewhat limited in game compared to others.

Don't know if this is significant overall but a Mon in the second pass would stand out as the most prominent paid DLC Pokemon's had outside its base games.

Firox

Smash Master
After all, Helix is such a weird looking character that I almost feel like it'd be the type of thing sakurai would look at and go "hey, this guy was pretty weird, bet he'd be perfect in smash"
I REALLY want to have more faith in Sakurai than this, but after picks like PP, WTF, Duck Hunt, etc, there's really no guarantees. That's not to say that such picks couldn't be fun or original, but the sheer "random factor" of it all makes him almost impossible to predict. Then again, I'm curious how much influence Nintendo actually has over this pass. Would they honestly care which ARMS character got in or did they simply mandate that Sakurai pick one according to his own tastes?

Oh joy, oh fun, Inb4 they reveal Urshidumb for #7 and I blow my brains out.
I was thinking the same thing. Watch us get a Gen 8 shill for #7. Not gonna lie, if that happens, what's left of my expectations for this pass will completely evaporate.

Last edited:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Hold up - does anyone find it odd that we are coming up on game reveals, there have been HEAVY implications for a revived franchise being revealed, and at the same time, that playable Porky rumour has resurfaced? Not to mention the art book reveal for Mother.

Does this mean anything? Or am I getting too conspiratorial?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Some people were confused by my post yesterday about timing so I'll break it down into the major talking points:

-6 is very unlikely to release next week because we've only had one instance of a character release and Amiibo wave in the same week and it was the Japanese release of Terry's Amiibo wave.

-Except for Byleth, every DLC characters has had their presentation the day of their release. Odds are 6 will too.

-The gap between Amiibo waves and character releases has averaged about two weeks, meaning 6's probable release will likely be the week of the 22nd.

-Notable gaps in Smash announcements is not unusual. There have been instances of characters being announced in the morning and then characters being announced later that day. In other words, if 6 and 7/8 aren't shown back to back, don't sweat it.

-Based on all these factors, "Sakurai presents" presentation will either be this week (very unlikely) or on the 22nd (much more likely).

-If the "Sakurai presents" presentation isn't this week, 6 will likely just be shown in a regular trailer or even Smash Direct next week.

Last edited:

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I certainly don't think its a bad thing, but people act as if Geno would be a straight up Mega Man\Samus clone, which is completely laughable.
I’ve heard about how before Mega Man got into Smash some people would just say he’d be a clone of Samus. Now with Geno, some people are saying he’d just be a clone of Samus and Mega Man (also Mii Gunner).

Some things never change, do they.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I certainly don't think its a bad thing, but people act as if Geno would be a straight up Mega Man\Samus clone, which is completely laughable.
Especially , when , you know... This exist :

Like , we have a complete mod that show exactly why Geno isn't a clone , and people refute it because "It's a mod , Sakurai won't do the exact same thing !".
Well duh , of course he won't copy and paste it , but it's a big enough proof of concept to prove that this whole Mega Man clone is non sense.
Or "It's a mod for a competitive playerbase , it's not faithful to Geno , competitive bad !!!" when it's completely possible to make a character both faithful , and work in a fighting game.

If "having overlapping aspects with another character" is enough for a character to be disqualified...

Well sorry :ulthero: , but :ultrobin: already has a cool sword and magic , you wouldn't bring anything new.

Same to you :ultbanjokazooie: , we already have :ultduckhunt: for the animal duo representative.

And oh , I'm sorry :ult_terry: , but :ultryu::ultken: already have command inputs and moves that cancel into specials , and they have manly muscle , too , you're out.

This point is plain ol' dumb. We have an 80+ character roster , of course some characters are going to overlap with others to some capacity !

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Especially , when , you know... This exist :

Like , we have a complete mod that show exactly why Geno isn't a clone , and people refute it because "It's a mod , Sakurai won't do the exact same thing !".
Well duh , of course he won't copy and paste it , but it's a big enough proof of concept to prove that this whole Mega Man clone is non sense.
Or "It's a mod for a competitive playerbase , it's not faithful to Geno , competitive bad !!!" when it's completely possible to make a character both faithful , and work in a fighting game.

If "having overlapping aspects with another character" is enough for a character to be disqualified...

Well sorry :ulthero: , but :ultrobin: already has a cool sword and magic , you wouldn't bring anything new.

Same to you :ultbanjokazooie: , we already have :ultduckhunt: for the animal duo representative.

And oh , I'm sorry :ult_terry: , but :ultryu::ultken: already have command inputs and moves that cancel into specials , and they have manly muscle , too , you're out.

This point is plain ol' dumb. We have an 80+ character roster , of course some characters are going to overlap with others to some capacity !
Exactly! Everyone just expects every newcomer to bring something new when everyone from the first Pass borrowed at least a few moves from other fighters. Geno's Project M mod is easily one of the best mods for Brawl and if a fan can make a Geno moveset that works, then I am pretty sure Sakurai can do the same.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Some people were confused by my post yesterday about timing so I'll break it down into the major talking points:

-6 is very unlikely to release next week because we've only had one instance of a character release and Amiibo wave in the same week and it was the Japanese release of Terry's Amiibo wave.

-Except for Byleth, every DLC characters has had their presentation the day of their release. Odds are 6 will too.

-The gap between Amiibo waves and character releases has averaged about two weeks, meaning 6's probable release will likely be the week of the 22nd.

-Notable gaps in Smash announcements is not unusual. There have been instances of characters being announced in the morning and then characters being announced later that day. In other words, if 6 and 7/8 aren't shown back to back, don't sweat it.

-Based on all these factors, "Sakurai presents" presentation will either be this week (very unlikely) or on the 22nd (much more likely).

-If the "Sakurai presents" presentation isn't this week, 6 will likely just be shown in a regular trailer or even Smash Direct next week.
I think next week (9th, 10th or 11th) we are getting "Sakurai Presents ARMS" (The video is like the Byleth one, sakurai speak, the teaser start and we get the normal video and later is reuploaded with other mame and Thumbnail) and in that video they reveal 7th or maybe even 8th as you think
And six is released in the 22nd week

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
June has approacheth! We could finally be getting some answers about what FP2 might hold and if it's going to be worth the wait and price tag soon.

This ARMS rep is so fascinating. Spring Man seems so obvious but is he? Nintendo/Sakurai have shown awareness of the Duck Hunt/Banjo meme, several characters including Waluigi and Geno's demand, the too many sword fighters meme, etc so I am convinced they are aware of AT/spirits disconfirm "rules". Sakurai almost always chooses the mascot/avatar/main character first and avoids choosing another character from a series but also has never promoted an AT (or spirit when it comes to Ultimate). Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are the mascots and are popular characters, but are they the obvious choices? I'm not so sure. Because of these "rules" that have piled up, the ARMS rep is groundbreaking no matter what. I can only think of two exceptions...

Max Brass, the champion in ARMS and the only character to really hold any sort of significance within the game as a result. He's not really a main character but he's not not a main character. He's not a spirit or AT or Mii costume or anything in Smash. He's not terribly popular at least not compared to some other characters from ARMS. So from the standpoint of main characters only he only meets that criteria by extension and by Smash's standards he meets all the criteria of the "rules", but he's such a lack luster pick.

OR ARMS 2 is a thing and an existing character (not a mascot or character that is a spirit) is to be the main character in this new game. Let's say it focuses heavily on Dr Coyle or something like that. In this instance they would now technically be considered a main character and would still not break any of the "rules". I've seen a lot of people talk about a new character for a hypothetical ARMS 2 but not an existing one that holds new prominence in a sequel. This seems like a stretch also, but both of the last two things are possible.

I bring these two points up because what follows are my thoughts regarding Ultimate and it's DLC and revised pass predictions and these two points fly directly in the face of my thoughts and I don't really have much of an answer for them. I say this because my criteria is simply "the impossible made possible" is basically the mantra for ultimate and it's DLC imo. Ridley? Too big. Impossible. KKR? Too irrelevant. Impossible. Hero? Copyright too complicated. Impossible. Joker? Basically a pipe dream that is associated with Sony. Impossible. Banjo? From a competitor AND too irrelevant. Impossible. Terry? Not on anyone's radar and requested but not heavily requested. Impossible. Isabelle? Possible but only as an echo. Bam she's a unique fighter. Chrom? Missed his chance, too many swordies and FE characters. Impossible. Byleth? Too many swordies, FE characters, and they would not repeat that same DLC mistake. Impossible. Everyone is here? Copyright way too complicated and no way they'd be able to get Cloud again. Impossible. Simon/Richter? They'd go with a different rep and they definitely would not have a third party echo fighter. Impossible. Ken? They wouldn't have another 3rd party echo fighter. Impossible.

I remember someone here commenting that Ultimate's roster looks a lot like one of those fanmade rosters that had a ridiculous amount of impossible characters on them and it really is like that. You could try to argue that some of these characters weren't really all that impossible and for maybe Terry I could see that or Isabelle. Even Incineroar seemed impossible in light of Decidueye being the runaway popular pick. The arguments I find the most laughable are regarding Banjo and how Nintendo and Microsoft are not really competitors. It's like saying Walmart and Target aren't competitors because they appeal to different customers within the markets they are trying to appeal to when they decide after years of clear competition to work on a product together that will appeal to their customers who overlap. That is literally like the definition of impossible especially with Nintendo broadening it's horizons and getting more mature and competitive games on the switch.

Looking at ARMS, who seems impossible? Spring Man because he's an assist trophy, spirit and Mii costume. A character who is neither considered one of the most popular (generally spirits) nor a mascot (basically anyone who isn't Max Brass or a spirit) because these characters still break a "rule" of mascots first. A character who is a main character in a hypothetical ARMS 2 but was not in ARMS because first of all ARMS 2 is not a confirmed or even rumored thing and it would be a pretty dramatic shift to have a character grow into a main character/mascot when they already have Spring Man and Ribbon Girl as mascots. Any characters who are spirits because they literally disconfirmed guys I mean c'mon :ultpacman:. Basically, any character from ARMS at all is somehow impossible for one reason or another.

What does this mean for Geno specifically? Well the only rep from ARMS I would see as really threatening Geno is Max Brass. Max Brass is arguably a main character in a way with the position and significance he holds in ARMS and is not a spirit, AT, Mii costume, etc. He's still a bit of a stretch to call a main character so I wouldn't call him a death sentence to Geno's chances but I do think he would be the character we would want to see the least. If it's SM then it shatters disconfirm fan rules and opens the door wide for Geno. If it's one of the spirit characters that couldn't possibly be better for Geno not only does that mean that popularity matters but that being a spirit doesn't and that being a main character doesn't (with the exception of RG who is still a good sign for Geno). Any non spirit character other than Max Brass might seem like a death sentence for Geno but think about this: If DLC and ultimate are about the impossible and the ARMS character shows that being a main character does not make a character impossible, then the following characters still make sense to prove that other factors don't make a character impossible (Geno for spirits, Isaac for ATs, Rex for Mii costumes, etc). This is why I feel that Geno's chances remain strong regardless of who the ARMS rep is and leads into my revised predictions:

1. ARMS: Spring Man and Ribbon Girl alt (maybe Springtron alt). I honestly think it is more likely that they will break the spirits/ATs fan rule than they would break the main characters/mascots first fan rule. Sakurai has made some exceptions but is pretty set on that and the team has made multiple exceptions to making characters despite having models for them already and therefore doing double work (not to mention Sm4sh was all about double work to begin with so that was actually quadruple work with trophies to characters for 2 games on 2 different system). I could see other characters or even Hero situation with alts but I am thinking it will just be Spring Man with a Ribbon Girl alt and that will be a big enough deal as is.

2. Crash: Crash would be huge as an E3 level reveal. I don't see Geno getting this spot because he's only big with the Smash audience while Crash appeals to a wider variety of players. Crash has been one of the names circling around a lot and his recent Renaissance and overall popularity make him seem possible but due to being associated with Sony and from a very greedy company he also seems impossible. And for a long time I don't think Crash was considered possible and I think that's why he has only recently gained a big fan following.

3. Geno: one of the big remaining pillars of Smash fandom who has been held off for so long for one reason or another and like other impossible characters is a copyright nightmare but unlike the others is partially owned by Nintendo. Geno has felt impossible forever and like Crash has only recently started feeling like he's actually possible at all. A lot of the circumstances surrounding Geno make me think he will be sooner than later but I don't see him as the big E3 reveal.

4. Rex: shows Mii costumes (dlc ones no less) don't disconfirm characters. Makes no sense to have ARMS and not Rex. Xenoblade has quite a large fan following and deserves another rep. Might seem too obvious tho after the ARMS rep to be deemed impossible but I still think this character will be in FP2. Makes more sense than a character like Waluigi who is the exact opposite of an impossible character.

5. Heihachi: could be Llyod but Llyod doesn't seem to bring the impossible aspect as much as Heihachi. I honestly feel that these big Tales announcements for the anniversary are totally unrelated to Smash. Heihachi was literally deemed impossible by Sakurai himself due to moveset complications, but Smash has come a long way and innovated many creative movesets since and now I feel that Sakurai would be ready to tackle another impossible request. Heihachi also has a fanbase but I'm not sure it's as impressive as Llyod's which also fits with how FP1 went.

6. Sora: a Disney rep definitely seems impossible. Plus another SE character would seem quite impossible with one being in FP1 and now 2 in FP2. Sora is another pillar of Smash fandom and in general is just the posterboy for impossible pipe dream fanpicks. People also say that third party company reps will cap off at 3.

Honorable mentions:
Dante: Dante is kind of impossible because people say they think third party reps will cap off at 3 and he's the bad boy from the mature games that have only recently come to Nintendo systems. The problem with Dante is that he does have a big fanbase and factors that make him seem very possible and in general Capcom has been very willing to play ball making characters from the company seem pretty likely so that's why he didn't make it on my list but I see him as a serious contender.

Master Chief: another pipe dream who is basically the face of Microsoft. People don't appreciate the kind of moveset he could bring and he has to compete with Doom Slayer who is also a very iconic character who is very similar to Chief who also is highly regarded by Sakurai and the FPS community. Master Chief seems so impossible that he is the perfect candidate for Ultimate dlc.

Isaac: shows ATs don't disconfirm and shows that being an active IP doesn't matter. Isaac is one of the most Impossible characters as a result of those 2 factors. Another Golden Sun rep could still break that second rule as well. Golden Sun had a big dedicated fanbase and has been requested in Smash for a long time.

Rayman: Rayman is one of those requested characters that doesn't have much popularity in some places in the world. Fatman had mentioned too that Nintendo doesn't really need to appeal to Ubisoft to keep them on board so a Ubisoft rep may not even be on Nintendo's radar. Rayman seems like such an obvious choice but he walks this weird line between possible and impossible.

This is the last predictions list I will make. I don't really believe that this is exactly how the pass will look I just think this is a very plausible outlook on ultimate and it's dlc as a whole and how that might impact the dlc picks moving forward.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think next week (9th, 10th or 11th) we are getting "Sakurai Presents ARMS" (The video is like the Byleth one, sakurai speak, the teaser start and we get the normal video and later is reuploaded with other mame and Thumbnail) and in that video they reveal 7th or maybe even 8th as you think
And six is released in the 22nd week
I don't think 7/8 will be revealed in 6's Sakurai Presents presentation simply because those presentations hyper focus on the character they're about. Honestly, if would be kind of weird for Sakurai to do a half hour presentation glorifying ARMS only for them to reveal a character at the end. Along with that, there's decent evidence that the creators of the respective characters have a lot of input in what goes into the Sakurai Presents presentations so having a Nintendo character presentation get upstaged by a very probable third party character would be a weird move. For example, Geno is at the end of the ARMS presentation and suddenly people have a hard time giving a **** about 6. It's that sort of thing.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I don't think 7/8 will be revealed in 6's Sakurai Presents presentation simply because those presentations hyper focus on the character they're about. Honestly, if would be kind of weird for Sakurai to do a half hour presentation glorifying ARMS only for them to reveal a character at the end. Along with that, there's decent evidence that the creators of the respective characters have a lot of input in what goes into the Sakurai Presents presentations so having a Nintendo character presentation get upstaged by a very probable third party character would be a weird move. For example, Geno is at the end of the ARMS presentation and suddenly people have a hard time giving a **** about 6. It's that sort of thing.
Didn't they do something like this around E3 2019?
Revealed a DQ rep and then the bombshell of Banjo.
It didn't really effect much, and I dont see any other proper time, to reveal them, as this Sakurai Presents will likely be Nintendo's "E3" of this year, as it'll be the only video presentation they will have.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm more convinced it will go beyond FP6 in this presentation since it's been public knowledge that ARMS would get the first spot of this fighter pass for months now. Byleth didn't have that at all, and it'll probably be more in line with a Smash Direct with 7 at bare minimum having the reveal at the end

Firox

Smash Master
Personally, my prediction for the ARMS rep is that we're getting the Hero treatment and getting 4 characters in one with an extra color palette swap for each. Calling it now: It's gonna be Springman, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara and Min Min. Why? All four of them have a similar build, plus it would make 2 guys and 2 girls to balance it out. Since most of the ARMS characters have interchangeable moves, they could simply stick with those for the most part and if they really want the girls could share a few unique animations while the guys have theirs. I feel that such a move by Sakurai would be the best way to appeal to fan service, while also creating an accurate cross section of the franchise. Plus he would be able to effectively kill both fan rules pertaining to Spirits and AT's in the same character. Remember this post, people. Mark my words.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Funny enough, that already happened. Cuphead far out-shone Byleth. And that was just a Mii costume.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
The reason why I doubt Spring Man and Ribbon girl as opposed to the 3 Spirits is because of the new assets/modeling that had to be done for the Mii Costumes and the AT especially. If those weren't in the base game, I'd be a lot more optimistic. It's also why I'm optimistic for Geno since that and his Mii Costume failed to return
I still don't get why this would stop them and why it would be considered a valid argument. This basically comes back to the whole point of 'why upgrade assists, they'd be wasting resources ' when they wouldn't be because they'd use them towards a fighter. That and why would Nintendo say no to a character just because they are already in the game? If that logic actually made sense then the people saying Geno can't get in just because he's a spirit would seem a lot more likely to be correct even if it's only a spirit because the argument they use is just the representation argument and people argue that Nintendo wouldn't add a character they already represented because they decide to forcefully apply their logic and expect them to comply despite the eyes of a multi million businesses conglomerate and that of a fans being very different.

TLDR: Nintendo isn't going to turn down a character based on representation. Whether it be Geno or Springman. The only reason the spirit rule existed in the first place is because the first pass was made in conjunction with the base game at some point so they would have accounted for the lack or the presence of certain spirits. We are receiving a second wave now so this indicator no longer stands. The only reason I have convinced myself to believe when it comes to people still saying Spirits deconfirm is that they really want characters who are unrepresented or want a character whose chances would be boosted due to the lack of a spirit and are applying their logic to Nintendo, the same company who puts in characters to shill games which would help them as a business which most standard smash speculators wouldn't want to happen and therefore would ignore the possibility of. Yes Geno and Spring man can happen as these indicators are no longer indicative. Can you seriously imagine Nintendo going "Hell no, they are already represented in a minor role so we can't add them and instead of doing what makes sense from a business perspective, we'll do it as if we are a fan".

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Hold up - does anyone find it odd that we are coming up on game reveals, there have been HEAVY implications for a revived franchise being revealed, and at the same time, that playable Porky rumour has resurfaced? Not to mention the art book reveal for Mother.

Does this mean anything? Or am I getting too conspiratorial?
Fatman claims to have heard rumblings of two dead franchise revivals. I reckon candidates are Mother, Golden Sun and F-Zero.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I mean, they did have Terry in Banjo's presentation. I know they had already announced Terry earlier that day but they didn't really have to do that.
It doesn't really matter if 7 stomps 6 because we've seen Mii Costumes of all things do the same thing. I'd argue that Sans usurped both Banjo and Terry, gonna be honest. We can also assume Cuphead outplayed Byleth. These are also the people that said they had no clue Banjo would be so well received even though he was high in the ballot. Seriously, I honestly think Nintendo doesn't quite understand how much of a deal some of these characters are to people. It's also like you said, "just make up for it with a huge *** presentation later."

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Terry was revealed in the Fall Nintendo Direct, not in Banjo's presentation after it. That's what I'm saying. We're still probably getting a showcase for everything in 6 so I feel like they'll do this one of two ways:

-A presentation closer to 6's actual release.

Or

-A Smash Direct like the two in 2015 that shows all the upcoming DLC content including 7/8.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Terry was revealed in the Fall Nintendo Direct, not in Banjo's presentation after it. That's what I'm saying. We're still probably getting a showcase for everything in 6 so I feel like they'll do this one of two ways:

Or

-A Smash Direct like the two in 2015 that shows all the upcoming DLC content including 7/8.
I think it will likely be a Smash Direct for two basic reasons

1. Nintendo and Sakurai are more than likely aware that unlike Joker, the ARMS rep doesn't have the initial draw factor that would make people want to buy the second fighter pass and Nintendo can't afford to keep this info drought going on for too much longer before money/interest is lost

2. We've had Smash Directs occur after the base game was released for Smash 4, so it wouldn't be unprecedented to have new ones now for Ultimate's last season of DLC. That, and with E3 cancelled, they have a lot more room/time to go further in depth

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

Or

I think the 2nd is better
Exactly! Everyone just expects every newcomer to bring something new when everyone from the first Pass borrowed at least a few moves from other fighters. Geno's Project M mod is easily one of the best mods for Brawl and if a fan can make a Geno moveset that works, then I am pretty sure Sakurai can do the same.
Literaly the reason which sakurai want geno is cause his moveset potential and Fan demand

Firox

Smash Master
I think it will likely be a Smash Direct for two basic reasons

1. Nintendo and Sakurai are more than likely aware that unlike Joker, the ARMS rep doesn't have the initial draw factor that would make people want to buy the second fighter pass and Nintendo can't afford to keep this info drought going on for too much longer before money/interest is lost

2. We've had Smash Directs occur after the base game was released for Smash 4, so it wouldn't be unprecedented to have new ones now for Ultimate's last season of DLC. That, and with E3 cancelled, they have a lot more room/time to go further in depth
I really want you to be right about this. If they pull another 45-minute session of "suck off this franchise" like they did with Terry and give us nothing else, I don't think I could handle it. Not after waiting this long with nothing but half a reveal. We really need a good old fashion Smash direct with at LEAST one extra reveal, if not two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom