• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We still don’t know if a “bonus character” would come along with a stage like Smash 4 had. There is still stuff we don’t know. I do think that if there were 4 slots left after the pass, they intended to fill it (like in the previous game).

something no one has really talked about (that I’ve noticed) is if the same thing applies to stages. Is there a limited number of slots or not? I think it’s worth researching. Who’s to say we wouldn’t get bonus stages as well. Just speculating here...
I imagine the bonus characters would just come with themselves and maybe a music track or two like Corrin in Smash 4. The appeal of the packs is that it's a character, stage, music, and a spirit board. We've talked about it to death but, for example, Waluigi would be an enormous stretch to come up with a stage, music, and a spirit board for so I doubt they'd bother. This is why Sora's the only third party character I really entertain as a potential bonus because I could see them cutting corners to get him in. Someone like Ryu, for example, I can't see that. No spirit board or stage for a series that goes back 30 years? I seriously doubt it. This argument about "extra stuff" is good for Geno for the simple reality that they've already bothered to do SMRPG extras in the form of spirits and a Mii costume so Geno jumped that hurdle a long time ago, making it a non-issue for him to be a pack instead of a bonus.

Polarthief Polarthief Not without a significant hardware update. Once the character select screen is full, the game hard crashes if you try to put in anymore CSS slots

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Not without a significant hardware update. Once the character select screen is full, the game hard crashes if you try to put in anymore CSS slots
Really? Interesting. So we're hard-capped at however many are left for now, hmmm...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Really? Interesting. So we're hard-capped at however many are left for now, hmmm...
how many characters was that limit at again? 96? i think a modder discovered it when screwing with the CSS

edumolon11

Smash Cadet
I imagine the bonus characters would just come with themselves and maybe a music track or two like Corrin in Smash 4. The appeal of the packs is that it's a character, stage, music, and a spirit board. We've talked about it to death but, for example, Waluigi would be an enormous stretch to come up with a stage, music, and a spirit board for so I doubt they'd bother. This is why Sora's the only third party character I really entertain as a potential bonus because I could see them cutting corners to get him in. Someone like Ryu, for example, I can't see that. No spirit board or stage for a series that goes back 30 years? I seriously doubt it. This argument about "extra stuff" is good for Geno for the simple reality that they've already bothered to do SMRPG extras in the form of spirits and a Mii costume so Geno jumped that hurdle a long time ago, making it a non-issue for him to be a pack instead of a bonus.

Polarthief Polarthief Not without a significant hardware update. Once the character select screen is full, the game hard crashes if you try to put in anymore CSS slots

I can't imagine Sakurai adding Sora without stage and spirits.

I think he won't add before add incomplete.

(My english its so bad, sorry, but you understand me? :laugh:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
how many characters was that limit at again? 96? i think a modder discovered it when screwing with the CSS
It was 91 slots, with Echo Fighters not stacked (I think this includes "Random" as part of the figure).

If we include Fighter Pass 2, I think we'll have about 87 slots filled.

I think this would mean we'd be able to fit 4 more slots until the limit.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I think that Arms character is getting reveal via a trailer with gameplay (like Joker) june 9/10th and its release date will be june 16th (same day original game released back in 2017).

Maybe the same day they drop next fighter trailer, I think that it will be released by end of august. The rest fighter schedule can be something like this:

FP3: Mid October (Reveal: Mid September)
FP4: Late January (Reveal: Game Awards)
FP5: Early April (Reveal: Nintendo’s Winter Direct)
FP6: July (Reveal: E3 2021)

If they plan more fighters as bonuses, I can see them starting to release them by end 2021 (unless they are planning them right now and Sakurai lie to us).

a random user

Smash Journeyman
It was 91 slots, with Echo Fighters not stacked (I think this includes "Random" as part of the figure).

the good news is not all fire emblem fighters have an echo right now, so if we are forced to stack we could always see this underrepresented series filled out more, via echo dlc

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Given that there would be 4 placeholders after FPV2 is done, it holds up.

the question is how those last four will be filled, if at all

Polarthief

Smash Lord
That includes reskinned costumes though IIRC. Joker and Byleth for example take up 2 slots, Hero takes up 4, Bowser Jr takes up 8, etc.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
11 weeks until August and about 15 until September and at least one of the weeks is going to be dedicated to Smash. This isn't to say that Nintendo would fill all of these by themselves but they could honestly do most with minimal effort by themselves if a good number of the lingering rumors come true:

-Pikmin 3 Deluxe
-Super Mario 3D Hurled Deluxe
-Mario Remasters (might even be split up)
-Zelda Remasters (same as above)
-2D Metroid
-Prime Trilogy
-Tomodachi Life/Miitopia
-DK platformer
-Wario Land/Ware
-Fire Emblem 6/7 Remake
-Dead franchise #1 (potentially multiple announcements)
-Dead franchise #2 (potentially two announcements)
-SNES dump

This doesn't even include third party announcements.

While on the topic, certain SNES games being held off is pretty notable now. If you look at the SNES Online now, there's literally only three games tied to first party franchises from the SNES Classic that are MIA and it's a pretty distinct pachyderm in the foyer when we're only three weeks out from when E3 was originally scheduled. Of course, this is made even more blatant given they decided to release a 25 YEAR OLD JAPANESE EXCLUSIVE GAME before them so, to quote Christian Bale's Batman "WHERE ARE THEY?!?"
Is there anything implying the 3D Mario remasters (and the Zelda ones too for that matter) are all in one package or all released separately? I'd probably get all of them regardless but having it all in one purchase would be super convenient.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Talking with a friend, they actually brought up a good point: Nintendo probably doesn't have full say over when third party characters are revealed. This said, the Smash presentation is probably locked in to whenever they were originally going to do it in June before Covid-19. Nintendo chose to postpone 6's reveal but I think they only could do that because they owned the full rights to the character. If this weren't the case, 6 probably would have been revealed back in March and simply had their release postponed. This said, unless the third parties stepped in to renegotiate a reveal date, whatever third party characters that were originally planned for June are probably still being revealed. In short, if 7 and 8 are third party, there's a pretty good chance they're still going to be shown when they were originally scheduled because Nintendo probably doesn't have the right to delay it on their own.

D

Deleted member

It's a Blocked Content video, but it looks like he found a good fake Smash Leak.

https://youtu.be/SzXDf7tcQTU?t=122

For Geno related in this comment, I hope his Challenger Pack has a Boshi Mii Hat! Along with the Mallow Hat, and Smithy Costume!
That would be really nice to have more single player content like Target Smash and Boss Rush but probably fake. I’m thinking maybe an Axem Ranger costume.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
It's a Blocked Content video, but it looks like he found a good fake Smash Leak.

For Geno related in this comment, I hope his Challenger Pack has a Boshi Mii Hat! Along with the Mallow Hat, and Smithy Costume!
I'll explain, there is a Mexican youtuber who talks about leaks called Sunwer and his channel is called LA GUARIDA DEL ZORRO, he usually does a series called denying leaks, it turns out that many people ask him to upload 4Chan leaks in that section, he doesn't He does because he knows how easy it is to make fake leaks, to the point that today he made a 20-minute video explaining how easy it is to make leaks for 4chan, after uploading the video he found out that it would be very funny to ask his subscribers to On Twitter they will send him 4chan leaks created by them to collect them and make a video of the most well done that is, he was only made by a fan of his

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
I'll explain, there is a Mexican youtuber who talks about leaks called Sunwer and his channel is called LA GUARIDA DEL ZORRO, he usually does a series called denying leaks, it turns out that many people ask him to upload 4Chan leaks in that section, he doesn't He does because he knows how easy it is to make fake leaks, to the point that today he made a 20-minute video explaining how easy it is to make leaks for 4chan, after uploading the video he found out that it would be very funny to ask his subscribers to On Twitter they will send him 4chan leaks created by them to collect them and make a video of the most well done that is, he was only made by a fan of his
Really?... And the leak that was shown in this was made by one of his fans?

Found it!

https://twitter.com/user_lov_u/status/1262100228297146369

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
people, I just found out that quite possibly this week (maybe even tomorrow) a spirit event will be announced (This does not affect Geno as much but I say it for certain characters that some of you may want)
I want to hear bets, I vote between Puyo Puyo, Ace Attorney, Undertale and Luigi's Mansion

Last edited:

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
people, I just found out that quite possibly this week (maybe even tomorrow) a spirit event will be announced (This does not affect Geno as much but I say it for certain characters that some of you may want)
I want to hear bets, I vote between Puyo Puyo, Ace Attorney, Undertale and Luigi's Mansion
Mine is Undertale!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
is this just a guess or do you have a source?

and aren't spirit events usually announced on tuesday nights? tomorrow's monday

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
is this just a guess or do you have a source?

and aren't spirit events usually announced on tuesday nights? tomorrow's monday
Usually the new tournament and spirit events alternate each week. So since we got a tournament last week, we are more than likely to get a new spirit event this week.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
What is this based on?

a random user

Smash Journeyman
don't forget votes for no new spirits, last event didnt have any

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
What is this based on?
Every Tuesday we either get a Spirit event or a Tournament, and every other time we get a spirit event, its based on a game.
This upcoming Tuesday should be a spirit event based on a game.

My guess will be Undertale until it happens (Likely with a Kris Mii)

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
So I found this on Twitter and I have no idea if you guys heard about this, but apparently, Operation Starfall contacted Nintendo about seeing Geno in Smash and they actually responded back, basically proving they are aware of the requests and wouldn't mind seeing him included. Considering Volume 2 characters were planned shortly after this, I think its very possible Nintendo took these letters in to consideration, and is seriously considering Geno to be playable.
97973856_2610566149159519_5768310682491551744_o.jpg

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Target and Boss mode? Didn’t they say something about no new modes in updates before?

So I found this on Twitter and I have no idea if you guys heard about this, but apparently, Operation Starfall contacted Nintendo about seeing Geno in Smash and they actually responded back, basically proving they are aware of the requests and wouldn't mind seeing him included. Considering Volume 2 characters were planned shortly after this, I think its very possible Nintendo took these letters in to consideration, and is seriously considering Geno to be playable.
View attachment 272019
That...is...great to hear!

a random user

Smash Journeyman
one thing I just thought of, what if the reason dk 1-3 aren't being added to the online is because they are going to be included in the rumored rare replay port, rare did make the originals after all

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
View attachment 272019
This was a while back in like October. But it would have definitely taken place after FP2 was decided. So this response was at least 5 months after the FP2 characters were decided. It was still pretty nice regardless.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
View attachment 272019
amazing, he is coming! I know.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
This was a while back in like October. But it would have definitely taken place after FP2 was decided. So this response was at least 5 months after the FP2 characters were decided. It was still pretty nice regardless.
Well dang. I hope that doesn't hurt his chances, because of NDA and stuff like that.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Well dang. I hope that doesn't hurt his chances, because of NDA and stuff like that.
Probably doesn’t affect his chances at all. If the majority of Nintendo staff didn’t know about Byleth until the announcement then no way the person who answers letters at NOA knows anything

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
View attachment 272019
Yeah, i have hear about that, for me is alongside The Missing Mii costume, CacoMallow, Mii costume Guy and The copyrighted songs the biggest things for Geno's chances

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 272019
Wonderful letter. It could have been worse, they could have responded with “you never know what the future may hold” *wink wink*. Still, I think it’s good news for our dude in blue

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Probably doesn’t affect his chances at all. If the majority of Nintendo staff didn’t know about Byleth until the announcement then no way the person who answers letters at NOA knows anything
Okay thats good. I was a bit worried about that. Thank god its not some higher-up who said this, otherwise I would have lost all faith in Geno instantly lol

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
View attachment 272019
Albeit the letter is dated October 2019, certainly they must have seen the content Operation Starfall sent much earlier than said month (especially if they in fact did went through all the letters included). The fact that Nintendo actually responded is just another sprinkle of stardust in Geno's favor. The year is 2020; it feels... like it's time. :starman::starman::starman:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 272019
Not to rain on the parade (it's a fun letter regardless) but that sounds like a very generic PR response. Basically, they tell everyone that they are aware of the fan demand.

Edit: not sure why SB quoted the wrong post...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom