• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Both Nintendo and Sakurai have said that the reason why gameplay was not shown is because the character has special Gimmicks never before seen in the saga, I suppose a Down B in which you can change variants of Arms (I know that in Arms it is You can put a different fist on each arm but I feel it would be very complicated so you can only put the same fist on both hands) BTW: Nobody jokes that Twintelle fights with her hair instead of her arms
So the reason that we did not see anything was because it is a unique Gameplay character, It is not that there is an ARMS 2 in development and the protagonist of Arms 2 will be the DLC, I hate that theory because because on the official website it says that it is from ARMS, NOT ARMS 2 OR ARMS LIKE SAGA, SPEAK OF ARMS LIKE GAME
So, sue me. It was just a guess, if you don't mind. Not saying that leak above from 4Chan was real, anyway.

So, if Geno gets announced, we know how we will react to it all, but when he gets released afterwards, what will you do first with Geno? Play online mode with him, play classic mode with him, play with him in multiplayer or something else?

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 269015
Question: How the hell do you get such a clear screenshot of something like this so easily? The ESRB Leak and the Ken Leak could only manage with clear off-screen snapshots, and you're telling me some rando on 4chan just has a direct feed snapshot? Gimme a break.

Another thing that immediately jumps out to me as being fake is the way it fits around the head, namely that it seems to have a lot of jagged edges. The top of the head curves downward, but then curves back upwards past the eyebrow, then awkwardly squares around the upper corner, chonks out near the cheek, goes a clean 45 degrees downward, then curves around the chin.

The last thing that has me doubting this is that, while the design looks nicely detailed, there's something decidedly... off about it. Maybe it's the fact that it's using the newer DOOM design rather than the classic meatball look we all know and love, which I really don't think they'd use. I mean, the classic design is easily more popular and iconic, and Sakurai and company tend to use the more iconic designs when they can rather than not, such as with Pac-Man, Simon, and Richter.

So yeah, this seems pretty fake to me.
All this effort for analyzing something that could've taken you 20 seconds to find on GameBanana.
And it was uploaded at the same time Cacomallow first happened and when Terry released, too. How did you guys not see this.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
IMO, I think given how long it's been since CacoMallow and no one has claimed credit, I'm 90% sure it's real. But at the same time, just because it's real doesn't really mean anything. Asides from not being explicit markers of playable Geno, we could be waiting up to a whole TWO YEARS after this leak happens (Fall 2019 to December 2021) to see which character it comes with, since it may seem like they get these Mii costumes done early.
Someone not claiming credit doesn't automatically make it legit, it's been over a year and we still don't have a definitive culprit or the actual banner for the Grinch Leak. I'm not denying that Cacomallow could be real but having nobody come out doesn't automatically assume it's real

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Someone not claiming credit doesn't automatically make it legit, it's been over a year and we still don't have a definitive culprit or the actual banner for the Grinch Leak. I'm not denying that Cacomallow could be real but having nobody come out doesn't automatically assume it's real
Hence why I said I am 90% sure, not 100%. I still think it could be fake but it's not like the Grinch Leak, where potential MASSIVE legal repercussions are likely the reason why the Grinch Leaker has never come out.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
All this effort for analyzing something that could've taken you 20 seconds to find on GameBanana.
And it was uploaded at the same time Cacomallow first happened and when Terry released, too. How did you guys not see this.
Because it is very clearly not the same hat as the one in this picture. Don't fall for this blasphemy, Genobros. That's an Eternal-esque hat, not one that looks like the 64 classic.
Mallow-and-Cacodemon.jpg

The issue wasn't if people could put costumes in Smash or fit them in files or make Cacohats. It was making this specific hat to a "G-E-N-O" and that, my good sir, looks nothing like the one from Cacomallow. :bobomb: [The search is still afoot]

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
For the Hero part I've actually heard people attribute the 8 songs to it being two from each game they come from, so technically each individual Hero gets two songs.
Well , the thing is , SE wasn't forced to give 8 songs , 2 was enough.
So it show that , at least the Enix side , is more willing to share more music for DLC.

D

Deleted member

Taking a break for a bit.
I’ll be back but if I post my thoughts on the characters a little later hope that’s okay Whenever they come.

You guys take care, stay safe and healthy and keep supporting Geno.
To the Geno Discord... Take care of yourselves see you again I guess...

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So the reason that we did not see anything was because it is a unique Gameplay character, It is not that there is an ARMS 2 in development and the protagonist of Arms 2 will be the DLC, I hate that theory because because on the official website it says that it is from ARMS, NOT ARMS 2 OR ARMS LIKE
Ehm... how does this contradict a potential sequel on the horizon even of the charachter is truly from the first game?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Ehm... how does this contradict a potential sequel on the horizon even of the charachter is truly from the first game?
It doesn't at all. It's like people pretend the Isabelle reveal didn't literally announce a sequel immediately after. I'm fully convinced at this point the fighter won't be a newbie from the sequel though, assuming they are in fact making a sequel (which TBH I'd be down for if they just ADD MORE STUFF TO IT. ARMS is a great game, it just got very repetitive and boring)

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Some really good speculation going on here lately. One thing I will say is that an ARMS rep most likely has at least some positive contribution to Geno's likelihood. FE: Three Houses, as stupid as this sounds, was very clearly treated as a separate universe from the rest of the FE series in Byleth's reveal. I agree that it doesn't really make sense since not all FE games are considered their own universes in Smash, but it's pretty clear that's how it's being treated by Sakurai and it didn't have content prior to Byleth's reveal.

ARMS did have content in Smash prior to the reveal that it would get a character in Smash. This is an important distinction even though we can all agree that it's stupid that FE and Three Houses are considered separate universes. Not to mention that the ARMS character has a high chance of being a character who is already a spirit in Smash thus straight up confirming without a doubt that base game spirits do not disconfirm characters from DLC. This along with all the other circumstantial tidbits of information hinting at Geno is only good news for us. Sure we could still get a premium costume or something like that and I'm not ever going to be 100% in the boat that he is in, but all the perceived roadblocks for playable Geno are crumbling (including Nintendo's attention to SMRPG even if it's just small stuff and SE's willingness to work amicably with Nintendo) and I am fully of the belief that Geno is likely coming as a playable character largely because of the ARMS reveal. Again though I'm tempering my hopes with a "wait and see" mentality. Edit: to add on to this. The ARMS announcement pretty clearly stated that this character is from the ARMS universe so even if it is a character from the sequel, they are not being considered as from another gaming universe. So again it's different than Byleth's situation. Really all this universe stuff seems pretty dumb to me, but regardless of what it amounts to, the ARMS character still likely is big boy news for Geno's chances. Frankly, while ARMS 2 is certainly possible and they could go with a new character or new design for existing character(s) from a hypothetical ARMS 2, the likelihood of all of that opposed to just a character with a new gimmick that is taking a long time to develop from ARMS is low IMO. And ultimately, I see playable Geno being more likely than an ARMS 2 character. Doesn't mean I'm right it's just what I think.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
The Cacomallow thing will be confirmed real or fake this season, so we shall see sooner rather than later

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It doesn't at all. It's like people pretend the Isabelle reveal didn't literally announce a sequel immediately after. I'm fully convinced at this point the fighter won't be a newbie from the sequel though, assuming they are in fact making a sequel (which TBH I'd be down for if they just ADD MORE STUFF TO IT. ARMS is a great game, it just got very repetitive and boring)
Arms has been a game I've been interested in.... Only problem is that I have lost more then one pair of joy cons due to drift (and I refuse to buy new ones until there has been some official reveal of undriftable ones)

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Arms has been a game I've been interested in.... Only problem is that I have lost more then one pair of joy cons due to drift (and I refuse to buy new ones until there has been some official reveal of undriftable ones)
You can play the game with a pro controller if you want. It's actually more fun that way ;
It get exhausting to keep punching with the joy-cons after a while lol.

---

Also , wanted to ask , beside Geno , who do you all wanna see in the Fighter Pass ?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
You can play the game with a pro controller if you want. It's actually more fun that way ;
Not just ^, but you can play it without touching the Joy-Con sticks at all. If you're not gonna do motion controls though, yeah definitely go with a Pro Controller. I don't even use Joy-Cons unless I'm playing in handheld.

Also , wanted to ask , beside Geno , who do you all wanna see in the Fighter Pass ?
- Paper Mario, but he won't happen if Geno gets in
- Advance Wars rep, fat chance
- Rhythm Heaven rep, unlikely unless a new game is coming, and even then, probably not
- Lloyd, who I think has a very good chance
- Phoenix Wright, very doubtful this will happen
- Waluigi, more for the people who genuinely want him, and I think he could happen
- Isaac, purely for the people who want him, kinda doubtful he'll happen though

To name a few.

Edit: Forgot Impa from Zelda. I think she deserves the spot more than any other Zelda rep TBH, unless they make her an echo of Sheik (which I'd also be fine with TBH. She just deserves a spot SOMEWHERE).

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

---

Geno's the only one for me but guys I am for sure rooting for include:

-Rayman
-Lloyd Irving (They low key deserve to be in too)
-Heavy Weapons Guy/Chell/Gordon Freeman (anyone from Valve really)
-Wonder Red
-Razputin (Just a cooler Ness in every way)
-Dixie Kong
-Rhythm Heaven Character (Karate Joe specifically)

And my dream pick which I know will never happen from the House of Mouse itself:
Scrooge McDuck with LaunchPad McQuack Mii Costume

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Other than Geno, the two characters that would also make Ultimate feel ultimate for me are Crash and Rayman. Beyond that characters I have a stake in are Frisk, Master Chief, Golden Sun rep, and more Mario, Capcom, Pokemon, and Sonic characters. For friends or their fans I would like to see Shovel Knight, Phoenix Wright, Rhythym Heaven/Advance Wars rep, Llyod, Heihachi, Sora, Hayabusa, etc.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord

---

Waluigi, Steve, Golden Sun, a new Zelda character (which isn’t going to happen, because Zelda), and a new Sonic character if that’s in the cards (oh and also Bandana Dee but that’s not happening because Sakurai no like modern Kirby)

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Doom Slayer and Wacky Wahoo Pizza Man (Dante) are my big two other than Geno, but I'd also love to see Master Chief, Gordon Freeman, Isaac, Lloyd and Crash.

EDIT: Bandana Dee too.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Also, wanted to ask, beside Geno, who do you all wanna see in the Fighter Pass?
As I've said before, I've pretty much already gotten all of my most requested characters in the game already:
  • Wanted Sonic since Melee and he got in Brawl.
  • Wanted Mega Man in Brawl and he got in Smash 4. (also got Roy back as DLC)
  • Wanted King K. Rool since Smash 4 and he got in Ultimate.
  • Wanted Banjo & Kazooie since forever and they got in during the Fighter Pass.
At this point, the only characters I've got left to want are characters who I'm not all that attached to seeing get in compared to the likes of Banjo or K.Rool. To give some names, these guys would be Geno (naturally), Crash, Isaac, Medusa, Black Shadow, Mike Jones, Takamaru, Nightmare (Kirby), Wart, Eggplant Wizard, Din, and Ristar. I'm generally fine with most other characters like Rex & Pyra, Dixie Kong, Bandana Waddle Dee, Sora, Dante, etc.

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon

---

Ok so i got many characters i wanted (MegaMan, Hero, Banjo, and some more)

But Geno is kinda my last want but if he gets in i'll root for:

- Shantae
- Waluigi (for the bros)
- Sora (for my close friends)
- Reimu
- Lloyd
- Shadow
- Bandana dee
- Phoenix Wright
- Crash

And probably more.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Someone else said Frisk, which I wouldn't mind I suppose. Other than that, there's Shadow The Hedgehog, Alis Landale, NiGHTS, Tyris Flare, Nei.. Turns out I kinda just want a Classic Sega Fighters Pass, it seems.

Paper Mario (the old one with no white outline and smooth animation) would be nice alongside Geno. I think they fit different enough roles that they could both get in. And there'd be something charming in a distant childhood sort of way if they got in at once, and the reveal trailer ended with them taunting side by side, like Mario and Sonic did when Sonic first got in.

Ah, and also Isaac. I don't have any particular attachment to him, but I know a lot of people have been wanting him for a while.

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Because it is very clearly not the same hat as the one in this picture. Don't fall for this blasphemy, Genobros. That's an Eternal-esque hat, not one that looks like the 64 classic. View attachment 269040
The issue wasn't if people could put costumes in Smash or fit them in files or make Cacohats. It was making this specific hat to a "G-E-N-O" and that, my good sir, looks nothing like the one from Cacomallow. :bobomb: [The search is still afoot]
Again, there's really no point in analyzing something that is clearly not the same and is a super easy-to-find mod for Smash 4 that's existed for half a year.

also neither one looks like the Cacodemon in Doom 64

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve would be awesome, and I’d also love Gengar, Skull Kid, Midna, Porky, Toad, Waluigi and some others. Some characters like Reimu and Doomguy would also be cool.

I’d mostly be satisfied with Steve and Geno.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

---

Custom Robo rep- my all time most wanted, but so unlikely I don't even put it on my most wanted list.

Lloyd- Although Velvet is my go to Tales rep, he deserves it more.

King Boo- Imo the most likely of my most wanted. Just a crazy and interesting character for a fighting game.

Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney is comfort food for the soul.

Rayman- just weird to me he's not in already

Dovhakiin- Shouts would be interesting and Skyrim is a ridiculously legendary game.

Elma- I know Rex is probably getting in, but Elma is so much more interesting to me.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

---

It's in my signature, but I might as well elaborate on why.

Dante: I've been a fan of Bayonetta for a while now (Bayonetta 2 was one of my reasons for buying a Wii U), so I decided to play the Devil May Cry HD Collection to see where the series came from. By the time that I got to the third game, I was so inspired that I wrote out what basically amounted to three separate movesets for Dante, and this was BEFORE the Switch ports were even announced. After playing 4 and 5, I've got so many ideas for him that I want to see him in Smash to see how ridiculous they can get with the guy.

Doomguy: I'm not much for playing first person shooters (it's pretty much Doom, Metroid Prime, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, a bit of Halo, and Portal if that counts), but after watching Team Four Star play through Doom (2016), I picked that game up and I had a blast from start to finish. On top of that, Doom popularized first person shooters as a genre, so there's plenty of historical justification for his inclusion, and the music - I'm not sure how well it would mesh with Smash, but imagine a trailer set to At Doom's Gate or BFG Division. I'd love to see how well the developers could translate Doom's frantic, "stand still and you're dead" style of gameplay into Smash.

Elma: while I haven't played much of Xenoblade Chronicles X (if XC1 is any indication, it's going to be 100+ hours, and I'm currently focused on Persona 4), I feel like Xenoblade is one of those franchises (along with Zelda and Kirby) that's overdue for a new character. (the series has grown quite a bit since Shulk was added, with two new games - three if you count Torna) Between Rex and Elma, I'd prefer Elma - Rex hasn't really grown on me.

Rayman: play Rayman Legends. Seriously, if you haven't played Rayman Legends, do that. It's got some of the smoothest platforming that I've seen, he's pretty much got an entire Smash moveset built right in, and I find it really weird that Nintendo's gotten permission to use him for two Smash games now but he's only been a collectible.

Travis Touchdown: give Suda what he wants! Suda 51's been talking about wanting to see Travis in Smash for at least a decade now. (plus, the No More Heroes games are a lot of fun, very self-aware, and are really good at taking advantage of Nintendo's hardware, so I could see him working well in Smash - the bloody violence could easily be toned down, and Travis Strikes Again was fairly tame for the series while giving Travis a lot of new abilities) Plus, he's a lightsaber-using wannabe wrestler with a Power Glove - there's a little something for everyone.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Custom Robo rep- my all time most wanted, but so unlikely I don't even put it on my most wanted list.

Lloyd- Although Velvet is my go to Tales rep, he deserves it more.

King Boo- Imo the most likely of my most wanted. Just a crazy and interesting character for a fighting game.

Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney is comfort food for the soul.

Rayman- just weird to me he's not in already

Dovhakiin- Shouts would be interesting and Skyrim is a ridiculously legendary game.

Elma- I know Rex is probably getting in, but Elma is so much more interesting to me.
Sakurai said that if he ever adds a Tales of Character in a smash, it will definitely be Lloyd:

—The Tales series has 20 years of history, how did you decide on Lloyd for the costume?

Sakurai: I’m not sure if there was any other appropriate choice?

—For example, how about the protagonist of the first game, Cress? [TN: From Tales of Phantasia]

Sakurai: I really think it has to be Lloyd here (laughs). I could have gone down the route of choosing from the first entry in the series, but for old games it’s somewhat common for the editorial supervision from the original creator to make the process difficult.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
- Prince of All Cosmos (Most wanted Namco rep and most wanted character overall)
- Dragonborn (Huge fan of The Elder Scrolls, and Bethesda deserves some kind of representation for their support of the Switch since the beginning. Plus he's compatible with CacoMallow.)
- Crash Bandicoot (Why isn't he in yet? A lot of history with the character)
- Quote (Most wanted Indie rep, and has historical significance, games like Undertale and Shovel Knight owe a lot to it)
- Louie (Huge Pikmin fan, plus it deserves another rep. Would be easy to make and there's a lot of Pikmin 2 content that can come with him. Including any of the series' battle tracks that Smash just ignores for some reason).
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- Dixie Kong

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Sakurai said that if he ever adds a Tales of Character in a smash, it will definitely be Lloyd:
<interview snipped>
Assuming you have a source for that: Noice. Good stuff that's news to me. I remember hearing people speculate about newer Tales Of protags, but glad to hear it "would be Lloyd" if it was anyone.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Huh... thought it was one of those "need a motion control" type of game like Skyward Sword, you can¨t play the normal way.

Sepiroth (it¨s my sis most wanted, so he is on my wish list because of that... ) so I literally hope for the impossible aka Square Enix having two spots in this fighters pass xD

Akira Howard (big fan of the Astral Chain, and I think they would bring a fun and unique moveset) but I doubt that character will happen, unfortunately, unless Platinum is working on a sequel that Nintendo want to push.

Outside of those, I don¨t have any. I had Banjo, but he is already in

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

---

I'll take the lazy approach and just post this list i made out of a template a while back. I'd be pretty happy with any of these peeps and more:

mydumbasssmashlist.png

also cacomallow is real, have i mentioned that yet?

list.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Hmmm, Geno's really the only one I've been gunning for at the moment, but I suppose I'll go with Bandana Dee even though I think he's a long shot. I've been a huge fan of Kirby since I was a wee lad (Super Star Ultra was essentially the first game I ever played lmao) so seeing the finale of the quartet getting in would be pretty neat. Waluigi would be nice to see get in too. Other than them, I'm not sure if I have many other characters to specifically request unless it's "For their fans™" so really just those two.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hmm...I'm struggling to come up with anything new to add or talk about regarding Geno right now.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I posted about this earlier, but this video about Jerma is super passionate and really great. When it comes to popular content creators, it makes me feel good that we have one of the good guys on our side when it comes to these kind of things.

Thank God someone like DarkSydePhil isn't a poster boy for Geno support. I'd really hate that lmao

I'm doing my part this week with OSF to highlight these highly successful content creators who want to see Geno return or just absolutely love SMRPG.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I'm having a hard time coming up with a good rebuttal to the claim the only reason people wanted Geno is because Sakurai mentioned Geno in an interview or somewhere. I know that people want Geno genuinely, but I have a hard time proving it to people when they can just say 'I don't believe you".

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm having a hard time coming up with a good rebuttal to the claim the only reason people wanted Geno is because Sakurai mentioned Geno in an interview or somewhere. I know that people want Geno genuinely, but I have a hard time proving it to people when they can just say 'I don't believe you".
When Sakurai specifically states that he was a popular character who has received a ton of requests over the years.

That right there predates any mention Sakurai has ever made about Geno. Without a doubt, Geno has been requested by a ton of people over the years. It's mental gymnastics that causes people to either ignore or outright deny that nugget of truth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom