• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
To add to this:
- The timing is suspect: During E3 last year, which is when they were doing FP2 stuff.
- Nintendo took down the songs, not Square.
- This is all after Nintendo calmed down taking fair use stuff down.
- They ONLY took down these songs, and no others.
- Other content in Smash have gotten takedowns such as BK and Sans.

There's just way, WAY too many "coincidences" behind the takedowns. It can't just be a coincidence. That would be even more weird than Nintendo not picking a spirit fighter for the ARMS rep.
While I agree that the music takedowns are nice to have, I don't think they're conclusive proof- I might be wrong, but didn't Nintendo take down some Half-Life music as well? They don't hurt Geno's chances one bit for sure, but I wouldn't use them as his primary evidence.

D

Deleted member

While I agree that the music takedowns are nice to have, I don't think they're conclusive proof- I might be wrong, but didn't Nintendo take down some Half-Life music as well? They don't hurt Geno's chances one bit for sure, but I wouldn't use them as his primary evidence.
No, I don’t think so... only Undertale and Banjo music.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Guys, imagine around May, another image and short video clip get leaked, and curiously enough we have Ken yet again doing the same taunt from the two former notorious leaks (the first Ken leak prior to his official reveal, and the CacoMallow leak); however he's on what seems to be a new stage (forest-themed), and we see the Mallow hat, AND what seems to be a never before seen model of Geno IN ACTION (in the short video clip, and posing alongside Ken on the image). Oh, and the leak ends up going live on May 13th. :eek:

Just imagine. Not saying it'll happen (most likely it won't but, the release from this eternal struggle would feel ever closer). :starman:
"Ken was photoshopped in , you fools , this is just a super well made Brawl mod" :4pacman:

Also , a thing I find interesting is that , since the discovery of the Brave codename , they never added any codenames through updates afterwards.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
What I find interesting about the song takedown is :

-They took 2 songs , the same ammount Square seem to give for DLC (But maybe the 8 tracks selection for Hero could nullify that point ?)
-They took down Forest Maze , the most well remembered SMRPG track , and Fight against an armed boss... The second already fit well for fighting , and the first one is almost guaranteed to get remixed if we get Geno.
-They didn't took down stuff like "Fight against Monsters" or other fights music tracks.

Granted , all of this might just be youtube or Nintendo being drunk.
To add to this:
- The timing is suspect: During E3 last year, which is when they were doing FP2 stuff.
- Nintendo took down the songs, not Square.
- This is all after Nintendo calmed down taking fair use stuff down.
- They ONLY took down these songs, and no others.
- Other content in Smash have gotten takedowns such as BK and Sans.

There's just way, WAY too many "coincidences" behind the takedowns. It can't just be a coincidence. That would be even more weird than Nintendo not picking a spirit fighter for the ARMS rep.
To play devil's avocado on a few of these points:
  • "Nintendo took down these two tracks specifically and no others." According to (I think) BrawlBRSTM, this is consistent with the way Nintendo typically operates with regards to this kind of stuff. They take down a couple of tracks in order to encourage you to take down the rest, most likely because they don't want to have to waste time striking down every track themselves. Also, it's perfectly possible that they specifically struck these two songs because they were the most popular ones. Now granted, since they've already been taken down I don't know that for certain, but it would make sense from their perspective. Or it could've just been a coincidence.
  • "This is all after Nintendo calmed down taking fair use stuff down." This is only true for more transformative work like Let's Plays and discussion videos. I don't think this applies to music extensions given that they're just copyrighted music looped and extended to 30 minutes.
  • "Other content in Smash have gotten takedowns such as the fanmade Spiral Mountain and MEGALOVANIA remixes for Smash." While I'm not denying the similarities in these instances, one key difference that separates them is that the former were remixes whereas the latter were straight rips. The former being remixes for IPs that Nintendo doesn't own was conspicuous as all get out, whereas the latter have the plausable deniability of being as-is music rips from a game they still hold partial rights to. (I mean, it is still a Mario game, isn't it?) Also, the former music tracks have a relation to Smash whereas the latter don't.

"Ken was photoshopped in , you fools , this is just a super well made Brawl mod" :4pacman:

Also , a thing I find interesting is that , since the discovery of the Brave codename , they never added any codenames through updates afterwards.
Actually they have, sort of. Sure, they're not found before a character gets added in, as they no doubt got wise right quick when it became public knowledge that they were there, but the characters themselves still use codenames:
  • Banjo & Kazooie are "Buddy", which makes sense given that they're... well, buddies.
  • Terry is "Dolly", which has two possible meanings:
  • 1) It's a reference to the traincars that appear in Terry's homestages in his games, which are sometimes referred to as "Dollies"
  • 2) It's a truncated corruption of Terry's name: Terry Bogard (English name) ==> Ter-ri Bo-ga-do (Romanized version of his name) ==> do-ri (The last syllables of his first and last name) ==> Dolly (Un-romanized version of this new word)
  • And finally, Byleth is "Master", which is an english approximation to the Japanese word "Sensei", which is often used to refer to a Teacher, which is Byleth's job in Toasty Tattoo: Trinity Tower.

Not true, they also took down Fortnite music.
Oh no.
Ooooooooh noooooooo.
OOOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOO.

D

Deleted member

did you know nintendo took down music from simpsons as well?
do you know what that means?

homer in smash baby

Last edited by a moderator:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
do you know what that means?

homer in smash baby
not sure if this is supposed to be a joke or actually trying to insult the thread’s intelligence and assuming we think the Nintendo music takedown is the one and only “tidbit of note” in Geno’s favor

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Of course it's not conclusive. Nothing is conclusive until it's official. My point was there are so many coincidences lined up that it points to Geno, but there's a handful of people here still being doubtful. At absolute worst, it could be a premium costume but I honestly doubt that.

Also, mixing this evidence with the other stuff on The List™ (in my signature) just keeps boosting his chances. One or two things evidence does not make. It's adding everything together that it starts to become a pattern. If Phoenix Wright has taught me anything about law (which is probably nothing), it's that the more evidence you have that points to one thing, the more and more it starts to become a real pattern (especially when you're trying to convince a jury and not just a judge who makes your client guilty because you couldn't also find the real murderer despite proving your client innocent; THAT'S NOT HOW THE LAW WORKS, JUDGE!).

"Nintendo took down these two tracks specifically and no others." According to (I think) BrawlBRSTM, this is consistent with the way Nintendo typically operates with regards to this kind of stuff. They take down a couple of tracks in order to encourage you to take down the rest, most likely because they don't want to have to waste time striking down every track themselves. Also, it's perfectly possible that they specifically struck these two songs because they were the most popular ones. Now granted, since they've already been taken down I don't know that for certain, but it would make sense from their perspective. Or it could've just been a coincidence.
Eh. Possibly, but I still say there's too many coincidences.

"This is all after Nintendo calmed down taking fair use stuff down." This is only true for more transformative work like Let's Plays and discussion videos. I don't think this applies to music extensions given that they're just copyrighted music looped and extended to 30 minutes.
But all the other stuff I can Google/YouTube right now, including the entire soundtrack that is the very first Google result, that's all totally fine?

whereas the latter have the plausable deniability of being as-is music rips from a game they still hold partial rights to. (I mean, it is still a Mario game, isn't it?) Also, the former music tracks have a relation to Smash whereas the latter don't.
But they don't have the rights to any of them. Fanmade remixes are 100% fair use, obviously, and not to mention those were games (and more importantly, songs) that Nintendo doesn't own. The SMRPG songs as well, they don't own in any way. Sure you could argue some of the songs that have some of Koji Kondo's Mario themes in them, I could see that, but these were two songs that have nothing to do with Mario, both in the story and the songs themselves don't make you think "oh yeah those are Mario songs".

Also, the former music tracks have a relation to Smash whereas the latter don't.
??? In what way did they have a relation to Smash prior to their reveals? To say they have a relation to Smash now, after we know of BK and Sans is like "yeah, no ****, cuz they're literally in Smash".

Not true, they also took down Fortnite music.
I also remember that GTA music was taken down.
When was this though? If it was any time around 2018-2020, that's pretty suspect, but if it was before that, I wouldn't really give it a second glance.

not sure if this is supposed to be a joke or actually trying to insult the thread’s intelligence and assuming we think the Nintendo music takedown is the one and only “tidbit of note” in Geno’s favor
Exactly. If the takedowns were ALL the evidence we had to go off of, I'd be like "oh that's cool, but it means nothing".
But I'll just go ahead and post the meme I love posting so much, now modified to fit the conversation at hand:
3u68w02.jpg

I really do appreciate people playing Devil's Advocate, but if you genuinely believe the takedowns mean nothing when mixed with everything else, I don't know what to say anymore because now you're just doing the detractors' work for them.

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
-They took 2 songs , the same ammount Square seem to give for DLC (But maybe the 8 tracks selection for Hero could nullify that point ?)
For the Hero part I've actually heard people attribute the 8 songs to it being two from each game they come from, so technically each individual Hero gets two songs.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
was this though? If it was any time around 2018-2020, that's pretty suspect, but if it was before that, I wouldn't really give it a second glance.
It was around the same time the UT, Banjo, and SMRPG got taken down. I also think that it was around the time that Brawl's channel got taken down, so i think that it was mostly Nintendo being heavy on their Smash copyright.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Nothing about Half Life music. You are thinking of the news that word got out Valve was impressed with the Switch and was at one time interested in making a Half Life series game for the console. If I am not mistaken, that news broke around the same time as the copyright stuff.

https://youtu.be/I8KJsG91Bno

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
It was around the same time the UT, Banjo, and SMRPG got taken down. I also think that it was around the time that Brawl's channel got taken down, so i think that it was mostly Nintendo being heavy on their Smash copyright.
Interesting... Do you think maybe just maybe, a bit tinfoil-hat-theory, but it could have been to obscure what is legit and what's just a red herring? I mean, we already know leakbait is a thing, so I could see them doing something like this, after getting permission from the companies of course, to make people think "oh look, they're taking down Fortnite stuff so clearly Fortnite's in Smash too!" or something to that effect. If they only took down things that got in Smash, that would be a very obvious thing, y'know?

Was there perhaps any link with The Simpsons (was that recent too?) or Fortnite regarding Nintendo-exclusive content? GTA I can't think of anything since we rarely get any GTA games on Nintendo, and when we do, they're not very good (or the main games).

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Regarding the fanmade Smash music takedowns, to be fair, that was all when Nintendo was going ham on channels for uploading leaked music, and the channels also had fanmade remixes. Some were taken down directly before they nuked the channels, but some (if not all) like Fortnite and stuff were likely because of bots being used or mistakes, just getting caught in the crossfire.

Last edited:

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
I could imagine a Geno reveal being the world of light situation Hero was in, but a lone spirit possesses a puppet, and out of nowhere, a Geno whirl disc hits an enemy as Mario, Peach, and Bowser are saved. That would be amazing.

Or, I could see it being a fake out like Banjo and Krool were, and it being Megaman instead next to DK's house.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I could imagine a Geno reveal being the world of light situation Hero was in, but a lone spirit possesses a puppet, and out of nowhere, a Geno whirl disc hits an enemy as Mario, Peach, and Bowser are saved. That would be amazing.

Or, I could see it being a fake out like Banjo and Krool were, and it being Megaman instead next to DK's house.
It would make no sense to have the DK crew in Geno's trailer instead of Mario, Peach, or Bowser. Maybe they could do the same gimmick but at Mario's house instead, but honestly at a certain point it's not funny anymore.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

I would never want Mega Man in the receiving end of a fake out like that lol I want them both celebrating

I had this idea of a recreation of Gaz's "Save the World" where Bowser fights Mario to protect Peach and then Geno comes in to save the day. Only for it to end with them all falling as toys on the desk from Smash 64.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

I think geno's reveal trailer will be a recreation of geno's revival in gaz's house
It would make no sense to have the DK crew in Geno's trailer instead of Mario, Peach, or Bowser. Maybe they could do the same gimmick but at Mario's house instead, but honestly at a certain point it's not funny anymore.
Yeah, the thing which make me dislike the banjo reveal was that, i was expecting a megacute rare reference reveal

I would never want Mega Man in the receiving end of a fake out like that lol I want them both celebrating

I had this idea of a recreation of Gaz's "Save the World" where Bowser fights Mario to protect Peach and then Geno comes in to save the day. Only for it to end with them all falling as toys on the desk from Smash 64.
That idea is funny

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I think geno's reveal trailer will be a recreation of geno's revival in gaz's house
Yeah, the thing which make me dislike the banjo reveal was that, i was expecting a megacute rare reference reveal
Also to be fair, having it tie in with Donkey Kong Country is a big enough Rare tie in.

Geno shouldn't follow suite with the fake out thing. The only character I find deserving of a beating in a Geno trailer would probably be :ultpiranha:. (Just like how you had :ultroy2::ultkingdedede:and :ultduckhunt: in the other ones)

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Eh. Possibly, but I still say there's too many coincidences.
Oh no I agree.

But all the other stuff I can Google/YouTube right now, including the entire soundtrack that is the very first Google result, that's all totally fine?
I think it might also be a visibility thing, like BrawlBRSTM wasn't just some rando uploading a soundtrack here and there, he was a large channel doing it constantly on a regular basis and a lot of people watched those uploads.

But they don't have the rights to any of them. Fanmade remixes are 100% fair use, obviously, and not to mention those were games (and more importantly, songs) that Nintendo doesn't own.
I was talking about the IP, not necessarily the music. Nintendo owns Mario, and SquareEnix owns the characters original to it. Nintendo reserves the rights to re-release the game, but I'm pretty sure they need the O.K. from SquareEnix.

??? In what way did they have a relation to Smash prior to their reveals? To say they have a relation to Smash now, after we know of BK and Sans is like "yeah, no ****, cuz they're literally in Smash".
The videos were mock-ups for Smash remixes. It was in the titles as well as the videos themselves. I think PapaGenos has screenshots of them in his videos that mention it.

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Now I'm just being curious but, this is for the cacomallow leak.
Can anyone find the post of the leak in 4chan?

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I still have not found a source on this image but it wasn't really a talking point. It makes me thing that this is another mod. The texture around the face is not smooth at all and the bottom of it's jaw blocks half of the Default Mii's face. Also I think the final nail in the coffin for this one is that this exact model was formerly a 3DS mod ported over to the Switch. Just like a lot of the recreation ones have been.

Source: https://gamebanana.com/skins/173091

Regarding the other Cacodemon costume, I do think it has a much more believable look than this newest one but my mentality behind these costumes is that even if the Cacodemon and Mallow Mii costumes are real, it doesn't officially sell me on Geno as a playable character. We've been burned way too many times only to have a hopeful coincidence turn into another Square Enix character or :ultpiranha: scenario.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
PS: I appreciate that you're playing devil's advocate :)
I am a skeptic when it comes to video game leaks. I spent 80+ hours editing a 3 part documentary covering the Grinch Leak. So yeah, I have seen a lot when it comes to leaks.

Remember the Grinch Leak and everything "lined up" for Issac? Just because things line up doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

View attachment 269001
It's there, but I highly doubt it's anything more than someone's ****post even if that exact lineup somehow actually happens

This post made me realize Doom and SMRPG's artstyles work together better then I thought.

T2by4

Smash Lord
View attachment 269001
It's there, but I highly doubt it's anything more than someone's ****post even if that exact lineup somehow actually happens
There's probably one dude that's spreading this fake information. There was another anon that said the same thing with Springman and the alts, only this one didn't have Doomguy. I know its fake af because FZero and Waluigi in the greentext, but just posting it for historical purposes... Just in case.

Edit: small note, this thread was made on the 6th.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Interesting... Do you think maybe just maybe, a bit tinfoil-hat-theory, but it could have been to obscure what is legit and what's just a red herring? I mean, we already know leakbait is a thing, so I could see them doing something like this, after getting permission from the companies of course, to make people think "oh look, they're taking down Fortnite stuff so clearly Fortnite's in Smash too!" or something to that effect. If they only took down things that got in Smash, that would be a very obvious thing, y'know?

Was there perhaps any link with The Simpsons (was that recent too?) or Fortnite regarding Nintendo-exclusive content? GTA I can't think of anything since we rarely get any GTA games on Nintendo, and when we do, they're not very good (or the main games).
I think that Banjo and UT having music get taken down and having characters join Smash was just a coincidence, and that they would have been taken down anyway. I mean, think about it, Banjo and Geno are more likely to get fan-made Smash stuff, since they are wanted by the more old part of the fanbase (and so more likely to be able to create fan made content), while characters like Sans, CJ (the GTA music was from his game, from what I recall), Jonesy and most 4th parties are "hahaha, le funny meme choice", so they get fanmade conent for the comedy, and they all just hapened to get taken down at the same time. I don't think that this influence Geno's chance at all.

I also honestly think that the Arms rep joining isn't influencing Geno's chance all that much, not more than Byleth. If you take a look about it, Arms and Byleth both show that a character from a series that already has some kind of representation can get in, but they are both promotional pick to a certain extant, with 3 Houses being a very recent game, and Arms getting aditionnal promotion outside of the Smash reveal, with the free Arms trial that hapened recently, and the new party bash or whatever. Geno's chances mainly rely on if Nintendo choose to answer to the Geno fan demand. It can happen, with Banjo being proof of that. Will it happen? Only Sakurai knows. And whoever else is working on the dlc.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Oh no I agree.
I know, you even said you're playing DA, bb :)

I think it might also be a visibility thing, like BrawlBRSTM wasn't just some rando uploading a soundtrack here and there, he was a large channel doing it constantly on a regular basis and a lot of people watched those uploads.
Fair enough, though being the first result and having the entire soundtrack is still pretty visible, even if it only has like 15k views, and like 100 of them are mine.

I was talking about the IP, not necessarily the music. Nintendo owns Mario, and SquareEnix owns the characters original to it. Nintendo reserves the rights to re-release the game, but I'm pretty sure they need the O.K. from SquareEnix.
I... guess? I still say the rights are with Square and Shimomura though.

The videos were mock-ups for Smash remixes. It was in the titles as well as the videos themselves. I think PapaGenos has screenshots of them in his videos that mention it.
Ah okay, if they were explicitly "Smash remixes". I wasn't actually aware of that.

I am a skeptic when it comes to video game leaks. I spent 80+ hours editing a 3 part documentary covering the Grinch Leak. So yeah, I have seen a lot when it comes to leaks.
For sure, I'm skeptical too, especially after Grinch Leak, but it's not like the copyright takedowns and Sm4sh costume missing are "leaks". Also not to mention that neither CacoMallow nor Mii Costume Leaker are explicitly saying "Geno is playable". As weird of a world as it would be, we could have Geno return as a (premium?) costume alongside Mallow and Smithy costumes. I don't know why in the hell they would do that, but it's still possible that it could happen and both leaks to also still be real (and Cacodemon as well for CacoMallow).

Remember the Grinch Leak and everything "lined up" for Issac? Just because things line up doesn't mean it's gonna happen.
Did Isaac have anything else for him besides the leak and the leaf thing? I didn't follow Isaac so I wouldn't know. Those are the only two things I recall "going for him". Geno on the other hand, at least right now, has way more.

I think that Banjo and UT having music get taken down and having characters join Smash was just a coincidence, and that they would have been taken down anyway. I mean, think about it, Banjo and Geno are more likely to get fan-made Smash stuff, since they are wanted by the more old part of the fanbase (and so more likely to be able to create fan made content), while characters like Sans, CJ (the GTA music was from his game, from what I recall), Jonesy and most 4th parties are "hahaha, le funny meme choice", so they get fanmade conent for the comedy, and they all just hapened to get taken down at the same time. I don't think that this influence Geno's chance at all.
Fair enough. At this point, it's just us speculating on a wait-and-see-in-June situation, which really sucks, but at least were just 8(ish) weeks away.

I also honestly think that the Arms rep joining isn't influencing Geno's chance all that much, not more than Byleth.
Assuming it's one of the five spirits, I disagree. At the very least, it tears down the biggest wall that a lot of detractors have that JPEGs Spirits deconfirm.

If you take a look about it, Arms and Byleth both show that a character from a series that already has some kind of representation can get in, but they are both promotional pick to a certain extant, with 3 Houses being a very recent game, and Arms getting aditionnal promotion outside of the Smash reveal, with the free Arms trial that hapened recently, and the new party bash or whatever.
Geno's chances mainly rely on if Nintendo choose to answer to the Geno fan demand. It can happen, with Banjo being proof of that.
Note: Didn't expect this part of the post to go on for so long, but it did. Sorry!

Yeah... you kinda answered your own dilemma there that it can happen, and has already happened.
I would say 3/5 of FP1 was advertising in some way (Joker, Hero, and Byleth) and 4/5 of FP1 was out of some level of fan demand (Persona, DQ, BK, and FF/KoF). Yes, our last 2 picks are VERY HEAVILY advertising-picks, especially if Nintendo wants to push an ARMS 2 this year, but people were also curious why Spring Man didn't make base roster (and now we know because it was too late for development), so in a weird sort of way, this ARMS pick is actually in fact out of fan demand.

Looking at all the DLC newcomers in SSBU, we have 7 characters:
- 4 of which have varying degrees of advertising reasons: Joker, Hero, Byleth, ARMS rep.
- 5 of them have varying degrees of "the fans wanted this": A Persona rep, a DQ rep, Banjo-Kazooie, Terry/a FF/KoF rep (I don't know how demanded he was, but there's plenty of people that wanted it), an ARMS rep (because people were like "okay where's the ARMS character?" back in base speculation).
- 1 of them just doesn't fit anywhere, but they were supposed to be in base anyway: PLANT. Definitely the odd one out.

So yeah, it's obviously on Nintendo (and Square) to deliver on what fans are asking for, but it's in the favor of "they have been delivering what fans have wanted". Hell you can see this with base newcomers too:
- Inkling: Basically expected, also pushes Splatoon 2 as a bonus.
- Chrom: 0 advertising, and he was requested.
- Daisy: 0 advertising, requested (BUT THEY RUINED HER WITHOUT ADDING THE "HI I'M DAISY!" TAUNT DX)
- Dark Smus: 0 advertising, requested.
- Incineroar: 0 advertising as Gen 7 was pretty dead at this point. Wanted, but was a bad pick to showcase at the end. At least they're a heel and very used to the hate. They feed off of it in fact.
- Ken: 0 advertising; dunno if he was really "wanted", but kind of expected. SF has very deep, old, ties with Nintendo. Plus no one is paying extra for him so whatever.
- Isabelle: Low advertising; a tie-in for AC:NH, but extremely requested, so much so that I'm convinced Tom Nook was supposed to be the second AC rep, but her massive following overtook the Tanuki Tycoon.
- King K. Rool: 0 advertising, 100% requested. Part of the missing big 3 from the SNES era alongside Ridley and Geno.
- Ridley: 0 advertising, 100% requested. Part of the missing big 3 from the SNES era alongside KKR and Geno.
- Simon & Richter: 0 advertising, 100% requested (that's also been confirmed by Sakurai in the Famitsu column). Simon has deep roots with Nintendo since the NES era as Castlevania is a classic series. Richter not quite as much in the West, but he's still very well-liked. TBH though I'm surprised Trevor didn't get in as well to maybe be all like "oh btw, that Netflix series, y'know?". Could be a foot in the door with Netflix in the future. That said, Trevor was a barely-used Belmont in a game that not nearly as many people remember as Castlevania 1 & 2, and SOTN (also Rondo of Blood but barely anyone in the West knows that one).

So yeah, almos the entirety of the base newcomers were requested as well. Anyone crazy enough to think Nintendo and Sakurai don't look at requests are kidding themselves like that one guy who came in here yelling "Hackurai" and other insults at Nintendo and Sakurai. They definitely do take our thoughts into consideration when picking characters.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
For sure, I'm skeptical too, especially after Grinch Leak, but it's not like the copyright takedowns and Sm4sh costume missing are "leaks". Also not to mention that neither CacoMallow nor Mii Costume Leaker are explicitly saying "Geno is playable". As weird of a world as it would be, we could have Geno return as a (premium?) costume alongside Mallow and Smithy costumes. I don't know why in the hell they would do that, but it's still possible that it could happen and both leaks to also still be real (and Cacodemon as well for CacoMallow).
IMO, I think given how long it's been since CacoMallow and no one has claimed credit, I'm 90% sure it's real. But at the same time, just because it's real doesn't really mean anything. Asides from not being explicit markers of playable Geno, we could be waiting up to a whole TWO YEARS after this leak happens (Fall 2019 to December 2021) to see which character it comes with, since it may seem like they get these Mii costumes done early.

We've had two characters release since this leak and they've not show up yet. I think by the time these costumes show up, people will have forgotten to expect these.

Did Isaac have anything else for him besides the leak and the leaf thing? I didn't follow Isaac so I wouldn't know. Those are the only two things I recall "going for him". Geno on the other hand, at least right now, has way more.
There was a glitch on the Smash website that lined up with the leak. And the leaf thing was speculated to be a vine tree that could grow, and climb up on hence the added ladder attacks when only 2 stages use ladders. So it was a bit more multifaceted then on the surface.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
CacodemonRecreationApril.png

Question: How the hell do you get such a clear screenshot of something like this so easily? The ESRB Leak and the Ken Leak could only manage with clear off-screen snapshots, and you're telling me some rando on 4chan just has a direct feed snapshot? Gimme a break.

Another thing that immediately jumps out to me as being fake is the way it fits around the head, namely that it seems to have a lot of jagged edges. The top of the head curves downward, but then curves back upwards past the eyebrow, then awkwardly squares around the upper corner, chonks out near the cheek, goes a clean 45 degrees downward, then curves around the chin.

The last thing that has me doubting this is that, while the design looks nicely detailed, there's something decidedly... off about it. Maybe it's the fact that it's using the newer DOOM design rather than the classic meatball look we all know and love, which I really don't think they'd use. I mean, the classic design is easily more popular and iconic, and Sakurai and company tend to use the more iconic designs when they can rather than not, such as with Pac-Man, Simon, and Richter.

So yeah, this seems pretty fake to me.

T2by4

Smash Lord
View attachment 269015
Question: How the hell do you get such a clear screenshot of something like this so easily? The ESRB Leak and the Ken Leak could only manage with clear off-screen snapshots, and you're telling me some rando on 4chan just has a direct feed snapshot? Gimme a break.

Another thing that immediately jumps out to me as being fake is the way it fits around the head, namely that it seems to have a lot of jagged edges. The top of the head curves downward, but then curves back upwards past the eyebrow, then awkwardly squares around the upper corner, chonks out near the cheek, goes a clean 45 degrees downward, then curves around the chin.

The last thing that has me doubting this is that, while the design looks nicely detailed, there's something decidedly... off about it. Maybe it's the fact that it's using the newer DOOM design rather than the classic meatball look we all know and love, which I really don't think they'd use. I mean, the classic design is easily more popular and iconic, and Sakurai and company tend to use the more iconic designs when they can rather than not, such as with Pac-Man, Simon, and Richter.

This. Sakurai is all about making characters look EXACTLY like their most iconic design they've had. Many people consider the Smash design of characters to be the absolute perfect and most iconic version of their design. Hell, the street fighter community were jealous af that our Ryu/Ken looked exactly how they wanted them to look in their OWN GAMES. That's a good point you made about that image, if they were going to bring in Cacodemon it would look more darker red like the original from 64.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
we could be waiting up to a whole TWO YEARS after this leak happens (Fall 2019 to December 2021) to see which character it comes with, since it may seem like they get these Mii costumes done early.
Wait til June to make that conclusion. If this year is a big Mario year, I don't see why they would delay a Mario-esque character til next year for that, unless they're trying to surprise us because we already have all this stuff pointing to him.

There was a glitch on the Smash website that lined up with the leak.
What glitch? Do you have a source by chance? I'm just asking because I have no idea.

And the leaf thing was speculated---
Speculation != evidence/leaks though. The leaf thing I just remember it looking like something from the game; I don't remember anything outside of that.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So, June really could pull off a triple reveal: confirming the ARMs rep, showing character 77 and MAYBE a peek at 78.

And Geno will be 77 because SCIENCE.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There's probably one dude that's spreading this fake information. There was another anon that said the same thing with Springman and the alts, only this one didn't have Doomguy. I know its fake af because FZero and Waluigi in the greentext, but just posting it for historical purposes... Just in case.

Edit: small note, this thread was made on the 6th.
Boy, this won't go well for those leakers.

Though I must say; if the ARMS character is four characters, three of them as alts like the leak said, that could possibly explain why they did not outright reveal who the fighter from ARMS was in the last Direct Mini.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
View attachment 269015

Another thing is that the original cacodemon mii from November was friendlier than in 1993, like the new stuffed animals, being a mini censorship, why not this one? Someone would say, but from November to here the design would have changed, but I see it very unlikely, so that's just a mod, which is strange because it has the body of sans, but I've seen ultimate mods

Boy, this won't go well for those leakers.

Though I must say; if the ARMS character is four characters, three of them as alts like the leak said, that could possibly explain why they did not outright reveal who the fighter from ARMS was in the last Direct Mini.
Both Nintendo and Sakurai have said that the reason why gameplay was not shown is because the character has special Gimmicks never before seen in the saga, I suppose a Down B in which you can change variants of Arms (I know that in Arms it is You can put a different fist on each arm but I feel it would be very complicated so you can only put the same fist on both hands) BTW: Nobody jokes that Twintelle fights with her hair instead of her arms
So the reason that we did not see anything was because it is a unique Gameplay character, It is not that there is an ARMS 2 in development and the protagonist of Arms 2 will be the DLC, I hate that theory because because on the official website it says that it is from ARMS, NOT ARMS 2 OR ARMS LIKE SAGA, SPEAK OF ARMS LIKE GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom